Kinetic

Cloud ERP made with manufacturers, for manufacturers.

Kinetic Reviews - Page 3

I use this everyday at work and it is so easy compared to Mapics. I am very impressed with their support staff every time I have an issue. They are quick and very informing. I use this for reports and accounting purposes and it keeps our company running smoothly. We added some enhancements to the system and they merged great. Overall, I would recommend this software for all types of businesses.

Pros

easy to use good enhancements fast

frustration with help desk

Pros

all modules flow together, can take order from quote to cash receipt. easy to use trackers easy to train on

Cons

no designed to accomodate accounting reporting needs or to meet GAAP needs. Customizations have to be recreated after upgrades. need better standard reports building own dashboards and reports get corrupted with upgrades

Pros

Epicor ERP system can heavily, fairly and easily customized compare to any other ERP system in the world.

Cons

Need to improve Knowledge Base (Most of the issue and problem solving available for only internal staff). Hardly can search any error message that generated from Epicor in EpicCare Portal. Need to improve performance as well

In use in our company since 2003. Not all modules were purchased.

Increased efficiency. Better tracking with integrated modules

Pros

Adapts quite well to our needs. What I enjoy the most is the ability to customize each module to suit me. This allows for greater efficiency.

Cons

There are a number of programming errors that really are quite annoying and have never been fixed even though I know we have asked.

Great new UI on top of a reliable ERP

Pros

Great Value for money Very powerfull integration platform (service Connect) Hospitality oriented features Reliable

Cons

Reporting tool is not as user friendly as the application Some part of the software are still using old technologies Some Admin function for multi property environment could be improved

Epicor Software continuously strives to enhance user efficiency, but it tends to be costly as well

Cost control and visibility

Pros

-- Customizable -- Excel based grid views for easier export of data and dynamic dashboards -- Scalability -- Integration capabilities

Cons

-- Not intuitive -- Inadequate Help information -- Expensive -- Tier 1 Support extremely lacking -- User Manuals are generic

Used to ERP tasks-material and labor tracking mainly

Pros

Very intuitive, easy to generate reports to track progress in real time. System was customizable and templates supported standardized work flows.

Cons

In older products data input was tedious. Entering estimates of required resources required manual inputs in each module.

It wasn't that great, Epicor has many things that can be better.

Experience with ERPs, It was the first time I used it and I didn't like how complicated it was for everyone to accomplish the easiest tasks.

Pros

Once you get to know how everything works, it gets easier to move around and accomplish your tasks. It has many featuress that can be exploded.

Cons

The database is terrible, it has like 100 fields in every table that aren't necessary and you can not identify them in any way. Moving around Epicor is extremely difficult, you have to do so many clicks for any functionality or any task you decide to do. It bugs easily and you have to close it and finish the task in windows.

MT Customer

Pros

Very powerful tool, some quirks to the way Epicor has their default process setup. Dashboards and BAQ's are easy to make, a lot of training guides to take you through it. BPM is a great tool to use to automate user entry.

Cons

A lot of functionality/custom is locked from MT customers, due to their DB setup. Going on-prem or dedicated hosted is a better option, if you are looking for a lot of custom changes.

Decent ERP

Generally everything is user friendly & self explanatory.

Pros

Epicor provides lots of useful reports where I previously may have had to manually go find the info and compile in another program.

Cons

I don't like that there isn't a way to link jobs with sales orders.

Easy enough

I use this system for time tracking. You can save favorites that cuts down the time it take to enter time. Reporting isn't that great.

Pros

i like how i can save epicor numbers i use frequently to cut down on the time it takes to enter time.

Cons

Reporting isn't that great.

very user friendly good help knowledge base

Very user friendly desktop/dashboard. ease of training for beginning users just starting out. Newer version easier to maintain.

Pros

Excellent support and service when needed, staff is very knowledgeable and always willing to help whenever needed.

Epicor ERP

We are currently in the process of upgrading to the latest Epicor. However our current version seems to have a lot of stability issues.

Pros

Helps keep jobs and inventory on track.

Cons

The software at times can be rather slow and crash often.

While it took longer than expected to implement, the software is doing its job now!

Pros

Features Scalability Flexibility Adaptation to Various Industries Industry History & Reputation

Cons

Ease of Deployment Modifications to Older Versions Price entry point for smaller businesses Deployment Costs

Easy transition to cloud

Pros

They made it a priority the last few years to transition to the cloud which was really a boon to our distributed teams. Implementation support was excellent. We have never had down times with the cloud.

Cons

When we first started using, it was difficult to get the software to "speak" to some of our supply chain software but there has been a solve for that in place for a number of years. Over time, epicor has become more industry-oriented.

Very user friendly

Pros

There is a report for LITERALLY everything. If you don't see it, contact customer support and they can help you. Great software.

Cons

Can be kind of confusing if you aren't familiar with ERP systems. Overall easy, though.

Overall happy with our selection and use.

Pros

Balances intuitive design w/complex features and functionality. Very good documentation and built-in help.

Cons

Easier ability to make more common, minor, cosmetic customizations; somewhat inconsistent from module to module/menu to menu.

Okay but could be a lot better

This software helps my company track expenses related to field service jobs. I feel it gets the job done but if it was up to me I would choose a less glitchy program

Pros

Using this software to do inventory was pretty straight forward and mistakes can easily be undone if needed

Cons

There is a lot of glitching and crashing with this software. Most problems require you to restart the software.

Hi Brittany, thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. We're sorry to hear performance-wise it is not working well for you. We would like to learn more about the issues you are experiencing. Please email us at socialmedia@epicor.com with your contact information, so we can assist you. Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience you've experienced, and we look forward to resolving it quickly.

Effective software if implemented correctly

I think the main benefits are that it has robust capabilities to match a business if it is implemented correctly

Pros

I like how the database is setup, and how they have an out of the box data dictionary in the software to be able to navigate and link tables correctly

Cons

I like least how unforgiving the implementation of the software is. It is near impossible/comes with big headaches to make significant mapping changes

Excellent Manufacturing ERP System

Pros

The overall layout and ease of use. The ability to customize to our companies needs. The systems overall linking and tracking ability of different levels.

Cons

Form format and writing. Not enough out of the box reports / dashboards. Lacks in the CRM area. Having the system produce BOL's is very confusing and time consuming to set up.

Not easy to use but it's valuable

Pros

It does include many documentation and training for a comprehensive functionality. It offers a couple of interfaces to choose which makes it more nice on the look. I also like the fact that it includes a smartphone app for tasks on the go.

Cons

Although it includes training documents, the process flowcharts might be a bit complex to use, some tasks require steps not very easy to do and the documentation does not include detailed information but only overall. The price is also a bit high, I would love to be able to choose whether different options I really need, discard some others and reduce the final price.

Quality was fairly decent, but customer service was to be desired

Pros

The user interface was fairly good. While it's a modularized system it seemed to integrate its information across the system.

Cons

Their customer service wasn't the best. We could have used more support especially during implementation.

Not user friendly systems

Have centralize data in 1 systems.

Pros

if user use and enter info into system correctly, could be good data center for sales, financial forecasting and inventory control analytics.

Cons

not user friendly , not easy to integration with other application , especially if you are under multi-tenant SAAS, Took long time for the support and need extra resource to get the integration done for over 2 years .

Very Labor intensive

none

Pros

Really, nothing!. A lot more work with very little better results, I see no great improvement at all. I feel that you changed thing to benefit a few user but not the majority of us

Cons

Not as easy to use as 8 was a lot more labor intensive Can't change a conversion factor if it was entered incorrectly. You could in 8 Less bang for the buck in my opinion. Since going to 10 we are not even using the scheduling as we should be

Hi Judy, Thank you for your response, we value your feedback. We are working with our team to contact you for follow up.

Preferred ERP System

Pros

I've used SAP, Netsuite, and Epicor ERP systems and when it comes to ease of use this definitely my preference. There are things I love about Netsuite as well but overall I prefer Epicor.

Cons

When I was using Epicor I had issues with their consulting because they were located in Australia so it would take an entire day to get a response back.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate the feedback you have provided. At Epicor, we are committed to providing an ease of use experience. We will share this feedback internally and continue to improve. Thank you.