Maintenance Connection Reviews

4.47/5 (283 reviews)

David Jerrow

Benefits of using Maintenance Connection

Reviewed 2018-11-07

We are using the desktop version to plan and analyse our PM strategy and work orders. The trades staff on the floor use the mobile version which will run on most tablets via a standard browser at all our plants to record all breakdowns of assets which is then analysed each month to identify reoccuring faults or assets that are regularly failing. A strategy is then put in place to eliminate the root cause of the issue. The trades staff can also access asset information via the tablet (such as manuals, procedures) that are directly linked to the asset or the work order. We are now seeing huge gains in efficiencies in the inventory section of our business due to the automatic reorder functionality for inventory as the trades staff directly book out parts used. once a work order is entered on the tablet, the trades staff can look up parts that are used on that asset and see how many of those parts are in stock and the location of the bin in the store .

Roy Hapeman

Maintenance Connection used by local government

Reviewed 2017-02-22

The County of Santa Barbara has been using the software for approximately 5 years. We use it for all our work orders. The navigation is good. We use it for preventive maintenance. The software can do a lot more than we need. The reporting is just "OK". This is the area they can improve on. A great feature is, we store all our building blue prints in the software and we are starting to put in service manuals. This way the maintenance staff can see the prints and the manuals when he gets a work order on his smart phone. The initial installation of the software was the fastest I have ever seen just a few hours for the webservers and sql server. Putting the data in the software takes years and we will be inputting more data every year. The navigation tree is great,,,, like windows explorer,,, easy to move around in the software, things are easy to find. Good software product.

Carin Francis

MC Review by EOG Resources

Reviewed 2011-08-03

I will recommend MC to anyone. There's so much that you can do with this program, it amazes me that I find something new each week. We track: Asset Moves, Calculate Usage Fees for Equipment, Track Run Hours, PM Schedule, Labor Records, plus many more. We have spent more money than expected in custom work, but support has worked well with getting everything needed, minimized the cost and/or came up with better solutions. The support team, especially who I deal with on a regular basis, throwing new ideas at (Arlene, Randy and Dan), are all extremely helpful. MC tracks more than what we originally planned for, maintains a good schedule, and will soon be company wide here at EOG. Different divisions all over the US with EOG have heard so much about how it's helped the South, that I've been getting phone calls and emails asking, How does it work? What do we need to do? Do you think it will help? etc... Definitely has been well worth the money spent and has saved us a lot of money in return.

Rebecca Keller

MC is robust if you know it & have the time, else it is a basic tool for your shop to manage itself.

Reviewed 2017-07-17

The potential behind this software is impressive. One of our facilities have been using M/C for years and the manager uses this as his one stop shop for everything he works on... from the largest capital projects (complete project management) to the simplest PO order. Managing our inventory, parts, equipment and labor - so much information is available via reporting and historically; it truly makes a difference when evaluating products, requests, resources or incidents. Bottom line, the success of this software, it is about how much time, energy and effort you want to put forth and how much support you have from your up line.

Lisa Green

Maintenance Connection is by far the top of line in support, functionality, ease of use, and overall facilities management.

Reviewed 2016-10-07
Review Source: Software Advice

As the software analyst for Facilities and Services, my first task was to upgrade the current system to a web version. The upgrade went fairly well until we moved to paperless, which included ipads for technicians. We found many limitations that were put on the software and I was forced to make work arounds in order to operate. After a year of frustration and complaints not only by our department but, by users putting in requests, I was given the task of researching other software vendors. We looked at many of the top ten facilities management software packages. Some vendors even came on campus to demo their product. The minute we looked at maintenance connection, we were sold. Here are some of the key points that we found different about maintenance connection. First thing that caught my attention was the fact that there are demo's and how to's on you tube. They are out there for everyone to see. It's not a secret. This told me they are open and not one of those companies that wants you to pay them just to show you functionality. The next selling point was the fact that the requestor can put in a request from any device. They can log into the requestor on their cell phone, ipad, chrome book.... There is not extra module to buy for that. Once I found these items, I set up a demo with them. The person that did the demo was amazing. He wasn't just a salesman, he knew the software and could answer questions about it. This is something I had never seen before. When he demo'd the calendar function (you can assign techs on a calendar), the maintenance manager got very excited. When he showed how easy it was to change a field name just by right clicking on it. I shed a tear. I couldn't help it. I was in front of all my coworkers and didn't want to show emotion but, I was overwhelmed by just how easy everything is. This software is a system admin dream. Six of us went to the user conference this week and all six of us came back with very happy faces and so much excitement. I could go on and on about how wonderful this software is. If you have struggled with your facilities management software, just look up maintenance connection on you tube. If that doesn't convince you, let them demo the software for you. You will be truly amazed!!!!!

Kelly Borchelt

MC better than Maximo? I think so!

Reviewed 2018-12-03
Review Source: Software Advice

I was first introduced to Maintenance Connection in 2007. In the world of software development, that was a lifetime ago. It was a solid package back then, but I have since watched it bloom into the most highly rated CMMS software on Gartner's Magic Quadrant. What happened? In my opinion, the key to that success was rapid deployment of a mobile solution as well as well-executed integrations with other systems (especially ERPs). The power of Maintenance Connection (MC) is only effective if you can take it on the road with you and incorporate it with your other software solutions. TCO is also a huge factor with software implementation/ongoing maintenance and I believe MC is a decent value.

Joanna Hunt

CMMS Software You Can Use

Reviewed 2018-11-08

We have been able to implement MTBF tracking and starting to analyze the data we've been collecting to help put the top issues to rest. Their customer service team is top-notch, they are there to answer any questions or issues you might have. Kudos to them and all of their quick responses!!

Anonymous

CMMS Software

Reviewed 2018-12-18

Overall I think it's a wonderful CMMS Software package. The offer cloud service and have great customer service that will remote in with you and walk you through any problem you may have. I haven't worked with the back-end, but as far as creating assets, work orders and reports it doesn't get much easier.

Michael Parks

Great way to track asset maintenance

Reviewed 2018-10-24

I have used this software for 10 years as both a maintenance supervisor and as a preventative maintenance coordinator. Customer service is fantastic.

Mark Erwin

Great. It's been a Godsend for me.

Reviewed 2017-07-11

It helps the maintenance department and me stay organized.

Patrick Pipis

Great Product / Excellent Support

Reviewed 2017-03-22

Maintenance Connection has given us the ability to progressively change much of our maintenance culture from reactive to preventative. It is an excellent tool that provides our teams the means to better troubleshooting and preparedness, leading directly to increased efficiency. Having the flexibility to form this product to our work flow and process is invaluable.

Kristi Phillips

Easy to Organize and Use

Reviewed 2017-07-11

Maintenance Connection allows us to keep all of our assets organized and structure our asset tree as we see fit. All work is documented and saved. We can have all cost, downtime, and other asset information together in one place. This program works well if you have everyone putting in an effort to utilize the different features that it offers.

Kevin Hayward

Software Review

Reviewed 2018-11-13

I highly recommend purchasing this program for any company that needs to track their equipment. This can track your hours, parts used & stocked, purchase history, equipment history, PMs and have all your vendors and manufactures a click away.

Tim Cartwright

Work orders and procedures are great, reporting is complicated

Reviewed 2018-11-06

Overall on a day to day basis, it works out very well. When it comes to Asset management, it has to be done correctly from the beginning, otherwise there's no way to fix it later. This is suppose to be useful for every employee but it seems you need specialists in your company to handle reporting and troubleshooting.

Len Dixon

Flexibility is the Key

Reviewed 2018-11-07

We're attempting to implement full CMMS, no information to remain in a silo. All updates are realtime reported through BI

Boyd McKenzie

By far the best value CMMS

Reviewed 2018-11-06

The Maintenance Connection support team is wonderful. They help you get to the solution you need and they don't nickle and dime you with extra charges like some of their competitors.

Erin Martin

Excited to learn more!!

Reviewed 2016-10-05

We are excited to see the full potential of this software in our environment. It was purchased over years ago and we are really just beginning to use it primarily for our vehicles at this point. We look forward to using it for our lifts and hopefully our facilities, as well. Customer service is great. I feel the MCU should be included in the annual subscription. The videos and technical help is not as helpful as calling. Videos like the ones used in Lynda.com would be more helpful. I think the checkpoint is great, but feel the sessions go too fast and should be a little more in depth. They have to move fast to stay on schedule, so maybe recording them and posting after the event or even sending to attendees afterward. Possibly even sell as a one time subscription to businesses that didn't attend??

Melissa Wilke

MC has taken our asset inventory to a level of detail we never thought would be possible.

Reviewed 2018-02-12

The amount of information that you can customize and set up to run as a report or export to excel has been a game changer. We keep track of cost of repair per asset and when we need to evaluate equipment. It is so easy to pull this information and track how much we have spent. We haven't come across any information we can't capture. Customer support, tech support and the forums are quick, reliable resources for support and instruction.

Anonymous

To combine a good piece of software with a great team makes it great.

Reviewed 2018-02-06

Ease of use, excellent customer support, and unparalleled reporting.

Aaron Green

Simply the best solution for any business that has things to to buy, maintain, or replace.

Reviewed 2017-07-11

Integration with our other software makes information flow accurate and easy. Reports help point us in the direction we need to go, and notifications make sure that everyone knows the same thing.

Hal Hylton

Maintenance Connection Review

Reviewed 2016-06-13

My experience with working with the Maintenance Connection is been excellent, our Maintenance Crews can spend more time preforming maintenance and use less time filling out a work order.

Patty Ram

Decent software package

Reviewed 2017-07-11

Implemented a comprehensive computerized maintenance program at our company.

Brandon Miller

Heavy User

Reviewed 2018-11-14

Customer service is great when there are issues with creating reports, ect. The problem is that the system is so non intuitive that it seems like even after using MC university and working with the system for 8 years I still pull my hair out trying to set up reports, change data fields, and get pictures to integrate properly...ect. It's a major head ache and causes a lot of wasted time. Honestly the interface is a nightmare, and without a sql coding genius on staff, it's impossible to make certain things work.

Eric Smith

Use it everyday, helps keep my maintenance team on time.

Reviewed 2017-07-17

Allows me to keep my OEE above the company standard. Allows us to keep up with needed parts and helps reduce cost associated with preventative maintenance needs.

Brooks Wilson

Customer service is the best part!

Reviewed 2017-07-11

Ease of PM planning, ease of workorder management and direction to the team from a central system that everyone can use easily.