QuickBooks Reviews

4.14/5 (279 reviews)

Anonymous

Good for small companies with limited transactions

Reviewed 2018-06-15

Online accessibility - can work anywhere with an internet connection. Linking to bank and credit card accounts is handy. Linking to Bill.com and Expensify are also easy.

xena blake

effortless book keeping

Reviewed 2018-08-30

experience with payroll is really cool, the software actually calculate the holdings and make life easy for me, definitely a robo accountant that i don't have to pay a salary to. Over all experience : just love it and wish i had it from the beginning of my business. For new users, make use of support. Don't hesitate to call , ask questions , ask again if you have to they will walk you through it. Like i say be dumb and learn it . take the time to do so because the end result is amazing . knowing your finances is straight can save your life. aka....sleep well .it keep track of your income and expenses by simply attaching your bank account. almost does your tax return. lol save a lot of time doing your data entry thus cost effective, no need for a special person to enter all your receipts etc keep correct info on all money related transaction and balance your check book , can keep your spending and saving on check. I can make adjustments by just looking at my balance sheet. almost cool for idiots to use. :) perfect

Jeff Henkel

Invaluable for QBO ProAdvisors

Reviewed 2018-06-19

I have all my clients in one place and can easily switch from one to another with just a few clicks.The team behind QBOA is constantly listening and improving the product. It makes my life so much easier to have all my clients int he same place. I can schedule my own work with reminders and to-do list for both me and my clients. The added feature of having my clients files at a click of a button in priceless. I also appreciate the ability to add non-QBO clients now.

Whitey Redmond

Useful for starting out, not a long-term solution

Reviewed 2018-08-30
Review Source: Software Advice

We have two companies, one is 4 years old, there other is 1.5, it was the perfect option for starting out on our iMac computers. I do feel that we've outgrown at this point, but you cannot beat the price for start-up accounting needs.Very easy to use! It tracks everything we needed for our two companies (transportation / warehouse logistics and commercial equipment repair). Seamless for reconciling credit cards and bank accounts, easy general journal entries (year end, interest adjustments, etc), progress invoicing and job costing.

Alexandra Rivera

Great software to have as a tool!

Reviewed 2018-03-30
Review Source: Software Advice

After having a bad experience with Account Edge, we decided to turn to Quickbooks for a refreshing, good system that we could rely on. After using it for sometime, it's been probably the best accounting/payroll/invoicing/estimating program we've had so far. Everything is very simple, user-friendly and not too technical.

Jonathan Thommarson

Great for keeping your books in line!

Reviewed 2017-12-21

I love the connectivity that QB has with other 3rd party applications that I use. I love the ability to see my clients and their balances with ease. I love the reports that you can build with QB. I also love that you can have separate users with separate access to the application.

Cece Stone

QuickBooks has stepped up their game!

Reviewed 2018-08-22

This software is VERY easy to use and navigate. The data input screens are very clear, concise and flexible. I think the flexibility of this software is my favorite thing about it. I also love that I can toggle and use other industry specific versions of QuickBooks. This is an AWESOME feature.

Philip Caplan - The Caring Accountant

One of the best

Reviewed 2017-08-09

We've been using QB desktop for years and loved, in particular, the reporting functionality. The Cloud version carries on the successes of the desktop version. But, while there are similarities, it is another program and will take a little time to fully master.Reporting functionality Bank feeds, a specific model for QB. Full specced and lots of apps.

Daniel Sullivan

Fantastic Product

Reviewed 2018-04-30

What isn't to like? No matter if someone is a seasoned accountant, or a person new to accounting just starting their business, Quickbooks is very intuitive. Yes there are competitors, even free ones, but they do not compare to the functionality offered in this program. Best program and most intuitive accounting program I've ever used, hands down.

Nivaldo Izquierdo

Version 2019

Reviewed 2019-01-31

Version for 2019 has problems at the time to print Bank reconciliations. Even that I was calling the Customer Services, and they try to fix the problems, for more than 2 hours, they can't. But doesn't means that they were not diligent, they put all efforts, but I need to look for external person to fix it. I will recommend for a new version to wait until all bugs be fixed. I bought in December 2018, probably this is the cause that I found those problems. On the other hand 2019 version is a little slow when you are using firewall, but you can work.As usual Quickbooks met all the expectations

Grant Stanley

Quickbooks Used to be a Necessary Evil.

Reviewed 2018-01-17

Quickbooks is a robust system that can support a lot of different types of business. I used the desktop version for many years, and for the past 3 years have used the subscription service. The SaaS version is a big upgrade, but it still has a lot of issues. I do really like the ability to link to my bank account and automatically sort transactions. This has saved me a lot of time.

Anonymous

The ideal program to advance accounting

Reviewed 2018-04-20

Among the benefits that I obtained when using QuickBooks is the quick analysis of invoices and past transactions, the export to Excel format, allows to establish the memorized transactions for recurring billing, invoices and estimates, organization of documents by joining the clients with your invoices and files. It also includes a new Prospects Center, in which sales opportunities are tracked, employee and supplier report sheets can be created and processed, and separate monitoring of each department of the company can also be carried out. .Quickbooks, allows you to save a lot of time, money and effort, while minimizing the chances of error in the tasks that have to do with this specific area. It is very efficient and easy to use and install. It's all you need to keep your accounting up to date.

Kozhi Makai

Quickbook for Mac different than PC version

Reviewed 2017-04-18
Review Source: Software Advice

Generally easy functionality. While an online version seems great, a desktop version means access everywhere. For someone running a mobile business, it's important to have that real-time information handy.

Quickbooks; An essential

Reviewed 2018-02-22

Have been using quickbooks for quite some time now as I am a small business accountant, it is amazing for book-keeping, no other application comes close even by a margin. An essential for book-keepers or even if you want to keep track of sales, invoices, cost analysis in a small-business setting.

Beth Mohr

Powerful accounting software - not always easy to use, but very powerful.

Reviewed 2018-05-22

QB Accountant allows us to open client QB files and work with them easily. It can deal with industry versions and older QB versions as well.

zach francis

Desktop Version Has Pros and Cons

Reviewed 2017-08-08
Review Source: Software Advice

I have spent much more time with the online version for one of my companies(I have multiple people needing to see and work on accounting), however, with multiple other internal only accounting businesses, the desktop version works well enough to not pay multiple online subscriptions for each company. You can use multiple companies with one license. It is relatively easy to switch from company to company. It's free to down load transactions from your bank account. Much cheaper, onetime purchase.

Bookkeeping for non-accountants

Reviewed 2018-11-13

I'm clueless when it comes to keeping our books and so the ease of use in QBO is really helpful. If I don't know what to do, I can find an article to tell me how or get someone from their tech staff on the phone to help. It's easy for accountants to log into our account too once we grant them access. I like the ease of processing payments, invoices, and receipts, as well as running reports on how we're doing. Quickbooks online a lot better than the offline version of the software.

Jeffrey A Cattani

QuickBooks Accountant

Reviewed 2019-01-15

Outstanding!It provides a tool to manage a business for your clients as well as your own firm. It is always adding improvements to the software. Now it is on line which resolves a lot of issues with security due to the security that QuickBooks Accountant

Sara Finger

The Online Version of QuickBooks Is AMAZING!

Reviewed 2017-03-28

As a small nonprofit, the ability to collaborate with our contracted accountant, auditor, and board treasurer virtually has been incredible. This central access for many of us has transformed our accounting practices including our payroll.

Shelby Ott

Great software for small business

Reviewed 2018-03-28
Review Source: Software Advice

Quickbooks is great for small businesses. I used this at a construction company business and at a dental sleep medicine office. We did not use their payroll feature. I really liked that it was always up to date and saving your work constantly.

Victor Arana

Quick Books Amazing Desktop & Cloud-Based Solution

Reviewed 2018-03-20

Easy to install, efficient from the report standpoint, friendly user, integrates with third party apps, diversity of versions allowing to select and adapt features to the business needs from a General business perspective to an specialized business field whole sale distribution. For small business is cost affordable gets complex with large scale environments

Anonymous

The easiest to learn and easiest to use of all the lower to mid-range accounting suites.

Reviewed 2018-07-24

It is VERY easy to use. The interface is simple, and if you have experience with Quicken, Lacerte, or any other Intuit product, it makes it even simpler. Clean reports, good level of customization.

Erik Eisenman

Good for the basics

Reviewed 2018-03-28

Can take care of payroll Can automatically calculate payroll tax and send payment to IRS. Can Print out checks Will sync with Bank and credit cards

Melissa Steiman

Easy to navigate

Reviewed 2018-12-09
Review Source: Software Advice

The site is easy to navigate and makes transactions easy. Easy to understand and it’s not hard to add or remove a refund

Todd Plager

Quickbooks Online Accountant

Reviewed 2018-10-01

I use this to power my bookkeeping business. The support provided by Intuit is very good.I like working online and in Chrome browser tabs. This allows me to have any number of screens available at a time.