QuickBooks Online Advanced Logo

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Accounting & business management for small businesses

QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.5/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Overall it is very simple to use and I like the transparency to do our transactions and great a report, I really like how easy and accurate it is to track donations and the donors.

HP

Hillary P.

I love the ease of creating invoices. It's very easy to get paid and I love that I get notified instantly upon getting a paid invoice.

EW

Edward W.

It is very user friendly. I love the webinars that are available to help you navigate your way around the software.

TH

Tricia H.

My records were a jumbled mess, and the tech support was awful. They’d say someone is going to call , then that person would email instead.

CH

Cynthia H.

I dislike being unable to undo batches of reconciliations to fix errors.

SC

Sheree C.

Doing a bank reconciliation is more complex than the desktop version. There was a problem with the AZ withholding and they have never fixed it.

SC

Sondra C.

QuickBooks Online Advanced users...

QuickBooks Desktop Pro-logocaret

Quickbooks Online

Microsoft Excel-logocaret

Microsoft Excel

Compare both
How would you rate QuickBooks Online Advanced?

CharRon E. S.

Owner

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Keep yourself in business with Quickbooks

Transcript

Charron: Hi, my name's Charron, and I'm an Owner. And for QuickBooks Advanced, I give it a four out of...

QBO Adv

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Stephanie and I'm an owner of a restoration company and I give QuickBooks Online Advanced...

A MAJOR upgrade over Quick Books Enterprise edition

We have multiple LLCs that are under one larger umbrella company. These LLCs used to each have their own QBE file and now we have them all listed under the larger company within QBO. Reporting takes literally 1/6 of the time that it used to for the same information.

Pros

Everything is in one of just a few places. Searches are quick, reports are super easy to customize and export. It's available everywhere that you have an internet connection.

Cons

Some of the add-on applications cause some performance issues. This is mostly due to poor optimization by the third-party application developers but it does affect some of the things that I use daily when these apps are active.

Functional application for book keeping & accounting

Looking forward to implementing some of the project management tools to monitor progress & help provide insight on maintaining profit margins.

Pros

Allows you to customize & place branding on invoicing & estimates, easy to produce aging reports & other useful information on financials (also customizable).

Cons

Application lacks sophistication in the importing & exporting of invoicing & other data.

Six Month Impressions of QuickBooks Online Advanved

Pros

A little more then six months into using QuickBooks Online Advanved, I have found it very easy to navigate the software to both record transactions and run the reports necessary to understand my business. As I grow our company's accounting department, new hires with no previous experience using QuickBooks Online Advanced have also found it simple to pick up and use on a daily basis. The standard reports available cover the majority of my needs, but the ability to generate custom reports allows me to dissect the data at a finer level. I also utilize the functionality of QuickBooks Online Advanced to autorun reports and email them directly to my team. This has resulted in a faster workflow as we automate certain aspects that previously bottlenecked with a single individual.

Cons

There are minor autofill aspects that could be more accurate. For example, when using a copy of a journal entry to generate a new journal entry at times the dates will autofill to next year instead of next month (e.g. July 2020 instead of August 2019). This is a minor issue that be quickly overcome.

Great accounting package

This allows us to cost effectively provide services to our clients without extremely high monthly software costs

Pros

Easy to use and understand but still powerful enough to handle most situations.

Cons

Not really any cons other than people who want a desktop version and all the headaches that go along with it.

Quickbooks Online is Sleek, Professional, Easy, but Lacks Some Custom Reporting Features

Overall, Quickbooks Online can replace the accounting software of most small-to-medium businesses. It's easy to use and fast. You can use Quickbooks Online from anywhere, any device, at any time. That's a big deal. I love having the ability to browse it on my computer and then, when I need to, bring it up on my phone when I'm at the coffee shop or with a client. Intuit hit it out of the park with this app.

Pros

The best feature is easily the sales tracking. It's easy to create quotes, turn them into sales orders, and then onto invoices. The process is easily linkable with many POS and ecommerce solutions.

Cons

QBO lacks some of the most robust reporting features that I'm used to. This is the biggest issue with the online software.

Quickbooks is a basic accounting software that helps to keep the books up to date.

I would recommend Quickbooks to small organizations that need a basic accounting software, small to mid volume of vendors/invoices.

Pros

Easy to use (General Ledger) Some flexibility downloading information to Excel (General Ledger) Price

Cons

Fixed Assets functionality is only available in Single-User mode Merchant activity is not applied automatically as promised if you have more than one GL account Reports are very rigid It does not have a report designer that gives the flexibility to download information Unable to upload activity from Excel without a 3rd party software It does not have account reconciliation system to keep track of balance sheet accounts

This is something we can help you with. Please reach out to us at QBCares@Intuit.com so we can provide you with further support. Thanks for your feedback! Nathaniel, The QuickBooks Team

Does what we need, but could be better

It is a decent program. It was a bit "painful" getting it set up. But overall, we do like it for what we do.

Pros

Ability to categorize transactions by class Widely used by other companies, so able to get advice from our accountant and others online. The ease with which we can reconcile accounts.

Cons

Somewhat "glitchy" - for example, when we record a payment by "check", QB doesn't hold the "check" designation. So no "type of payment" is recorded. All other payment forms work. It's not always that intuitive to find the way to do things. Like getting a refund check from a vendor takes way more steps than it really should. And it's not very intuitive. I wish you could run a batch of memorized transactions without having to exit and re-open the program. And maybe there is . . . but if there is, it's not intuitive as to how. I would like to switch to the online version, but it doesn't have all the same features that I have in my desktop version.

QuickBooks Online is very powerful tool with various features and easy to use

-Subscription Management -Accounting -Reporting -Revenue Forecast

Pros

QuickBooks Online is very helpful in tracking invoicing and forecasting revenue projections.Its ease of use and benefits of cloud computing is the game changer. It can be accessed from anywhere with secured online system. It is very easy to integrate and we have integrated our SaaSOptics with QuickBooks Online. Allows for easy integration with banks, credit card companies, and other financial management software.

Cons

QuickBooks Online session expires very often. Most of the times, it does not show the log out screen till we perform any action & proceed.

From A Purchasing Standpoint

We are using it for basic business functions like entering customer sales order and sending purchase orders to suppliers.

Pros

My company uses QuickBooks to track vendors and enter customer sales order and to send purchase orders to suppliers. But I myself only use it for purchasing so I will restrict my comments to that area only. I think in general it handles the basics very well. Advanced Search function is adequate. It searched well if you use something like vendor name. Does not seem to work very well if you are searching just be reference.

Cons

It's tedious to enter an item on every line. It would be AMAZING if you could develop an upload template in excel that would allow us to populate many line items.

A must for non-profits

Pros

Of course QuickBooks is the must have financial program for all your financial needs. The non profit version allows you to also track donations and the reports are titled for non profit reporting.

Cons

A bit tricky when you have a question, but I do like the forum for users.

Thanks a ton for the review, Alissa. I'm delighted to read we're meeting the needs of your non-profit, as we're more than proud to be backing you and your team. I'm glad you've had a chance to check out our aptly-named Community forum space (https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o), so have you had a chance to find us on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares) yet? We have chat-based representatives monitoring the customer comments and messages coming through those channels, and it'd be their pleasure to answer any questions you may have. Keep up the excellent work, by the way! Jess, The QuickBooks Team

QB is awesome!!!

Pros

I really love using QB because they make accounting so much easier than it is. Everything is easy access and it's very user-friendly. I've used several different account programs and this has to be the easiest one by far but also the most organized website.

Cons

I don't think there's too much that I don't like. Every now and then there are glitches that mess with the functions that I use, but it hardly happens.

Great Product

Great experience.

Pros

I like functionality and breadth of options available at your fingertips

Cons

User permissions need some work. I have many employees working in the same program and some of them should have access to limited set of reports

Solid software

We had an accounting firm that recommended it for expense reporting as well as bookeeping. It is NOT designed for that (too transparent / not enough control over access & flow for that). But as the central bookeeping account to integrate to those external softwares, it works well so far. I have not been able to integrate American Express but allegedly that's a common American Express issue and that's free so "you get what you pay for".

Pros

Cloud storage / syncing, fast load times are the most exciting to me. Custom reports & pay bills features make work efficient!

Cons

I find it fairly intuitive but there are some minor things that are not as intuitive in the menu navigation. The search is a bit wonky (sometimes displays duplicate transactions, but it's obvious because of identical timestamp).

QBO Advanced Review

It has been positive and have grown with some of the original products over my careers as an entrepreneur.

Pros

Ease of use and transition time. Already understood the functionality from prior versions.

Cons

Would like better support when you call in.

Very helpful

Pros

Software is very helpful and easy to use especially if you don't understand the nonprofit exceptions.

Cons

Can become a little pricey as you build and continue services.

Happy Tuesday, and thanks a ton for reaching out with this review. It's affirming to read the program has been an especially helpful addition to your nonprofit. Since you mentioned price, I want to ensure you're getting the best value available for your organization. Rest assured, there are cost-efficient options in place, and it'd be my pleasure to discuss them with you. My inbox at QBCares@Intuit.com is open, and I have the tools to help. In the meantime, feel welcome to contact the product experts on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares) should you have questions. They're open M-F from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. EST. Until we chat again, take it easy! Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Great option for small to medium size non-profits

Quickbooks allows non-profits to easily store and manage their financial data. It is very easy to learn the system and, because of this, can be easily integrated in to the workplace. Overall, I think QB is a great system for nonprofits that are too small for a large system like Intacct.

Pros

The software is easy-to-use and intuitive. What I particularly like about Quickbooks is that there are several different ways to do a task. Financial information is very easy to enter, maintain and process. One of the best features of QB are the reports, which are very customizable and helpful for understanding who owes you, who you owe, etc. Finally, there are many add-ons, which is very helpful and would allow most non-profits to run an organization entirely through the program if they chose.

Cons

Quickbooks seems to be continually improving its systems and the company really seems to listen to customer feedback. That being said, there are several functions that can be frustrating. For example, undoing reconciliations. In addition, while the reports are very customizable, their features are not exhaustive.

Keep yourself in business with Quickbooks

Quickbook is my sidekick to handle my finances to my business. I have been relying on it since 2001.

Pros

I enjoy that quickbook can be access through my computer or mobile devices. I also use Go payment to handle debit and credit card transactions. I even use quickbooks cash account as an additional bank account and have access with a debit card. Plus, it is able to intergrate with other programs like Square, Paypal, Venmo, Mailchimp, Shopify, E-commerce, Wix, Gmail, etc. the list is long.

Cons

Unfortunately, A lot of the feature are handle by third party like Quickbook Cash account are handle by Green Dot bank. Plus, Payroll is an additional fee to be included in the program.

Great for a small to medium sized business.

Pros

My company uses Quickbooks Nonprofit specifically for payroll services. It has certain features absent from quickbooks online. Namely the ability to use multiple classes for an individual. The software is very affordable and if you work for a small to medium sized nonprofit organization, this is probably the best value. The software is very user friendly, and even a non-accountant can be quite proficient.

Cons

The software is not easily transfered to other software programs. For instance, even when you export a report to Excel, it includes blank spaces between columns, and some include row headers in different columns. This makes some cleaning up necessary if a pivot table is desired.

Quickbooks is Easy & Convenient for our Small Business needs

We are happy with the product and the ability to better organize our business!

Pros

I use Quickbooks mostly for employee Payroll & Accounts Payable purposes mostly. After previously having to hand write all our checks for paychecks and invoices, Quickbooks now saves us the headache of that and allows us to better track our finances and expenses.

Cons

I was printing checks earlier in the week and found that after I added in all the employee check amounts that a button was pushed and all checks were marked as printed and completed, yet actually were not. I then had to go back in manually to do 15 checks, one by one. It's likely user error but was certainly much more time consuming!

Excellent Software

Pros

Quickbooks Nonprofit is an excellent software. Granted it does take a while to learn how to customize individual reports, but I have been using it for years and it I can't think of a more straight forward software to use for nonprofit clients.

Cons

Quickbooks tends to slow down the laptop a touch.

Excellent and straight forward are descriptions we aim for, Sharon, and we love knowing this is what you think of QuickBooks! You can continue to depend on us to help with all of your non-profit's bookkeeping needs. We recommend this article to keep everything running at optimal performance: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/How-do-I-clear-my-browser-cache-and-temporary-Internet-files/m-p/186420 Thanks for taking a moment to leave a review. Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

QBO Review

Pros

I love the accessibility from home, work, on the road. It has helped so much with our business. Compared to Desktop, I like the reconciliation process better through QBO.

Cons

Sometimes getting where I want to be, links aren't where I think they should be, or I can't find what I am looking for. But being a new user, I am still getting used to the layout compared to Desktop.

The Sofware You Love To Hate

We have used Enterprise for years and we had to make a change because our inventory was getting out of control. Sadly, Enterprise is missing about 5 things to make their manufacturing perfect and it just doesn't look like that is ever going to happen. Accordingly, we had to try and find an MRP software and the only way it would work well was moving to QBO. This was like making a choice to either get punched in the gut or punched in the throat. Either inventory was workable or accounting was workable.

Pros

It integrates with our current ECommerce cart and a few other programs (e.g. Zapier).

Cons

They have radically tried to over-simplify the product. For instance, the Vendor tab being under Expenses. As every accountant knows, Vendors aren't solely about Expenses. This is just one example of how, in trying to make this product more intuitive, they have thwarted anyone with accounting experience in using it. There are so many things you cannot delete. Too many to try and list here.

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us, Wes. Receiving your feedback will only help us continue to improve the product.Feel free to check out the QuickBooks Blog, as this is where your feedback comes to life:https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv. We hope you have a great business year filled with success and great health during this difficult time! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Adequate for simple product businesses

We run our business on it and have to work around all the limitations, it gets the job done, but we spend a lot of time having to use excel outside the product to get things completed. It is getting better but so slowly we have considered moving to another online software package.

Pros

QBO is an easy to use intuitive accounting software package with generally reliable online access. It has the basic accounting features that you would expect for a small business, but lacks the detailed features necessary for a bundled product business (one where your product is composed of Bill of Materials and you need to track the details on the sub components - think of gift baskets with 10 items in it, and the basket has a single SKU.) QBO has been improving in many ways and priority circle is a welcome addition to getting support.

Cons

The Reporting is really poor, you cannot simply build a report using any fields there are significant limitations of what fields you can include in a report. For instance you cannot write a report with customer and invoice information in it. IE. What customers have bought what products and when - this can't be done you need to export all the data and then do your own intersection to answer that...

QB Online Advanced

Less data entry saving time to work on other things.

Pros

Easy importing from bank statements Attachment ability to all invoices and bills Layout of the program is clean and easy to use

Cons

No ability it do progress invoicing. This means having the ability to bill small portions of an estimate at a time.

Like the name Intuit - Quickbooks is an Intuitive Software

I have used QB in either a desktop or online product for the last 10 years. I love the product and am excited to see its growth into the accounting market.

Pros

I like the ease with which you can set up and edit a chart of accounts and integrate with other apps.

Cons

I wish Intuit did a better job of providing training materials. Even though it is easy to figure most functions out, I want to make the most of the product.