Sage 100cloud Reviews

3.99/5 (169 reviews)

Jeff Leniger

Solid mid-market enterprise accounting system, with quirks

Reviewed 2019-03-05
Review Source: Software Advice

Very solid system with a few frustrating quirks. You will need to host any version of Sage 100. Consider a cloud-based software as an alternative (Sage Intacct perhaps, although the price skyrockets compared to Sage 100).

Pros
-very cost-friendly pricing for small or medium sized businesses. this is the biggest selling point for Sage to me - it beats Quickbooks as a more ERP level system but is still very reasonably priced -solid on standard accounting -multi-company/location/entity reporting -import/export works well -test company option helps new users acclimate -simple bank reconciliation module -security and role definitions -GL reports are very useful to financial experts

Cons
-bank reconciliation doesn't force you to reconcile to the GL cash account. That defeats the purpose of a reconciliation... -there is almost no customizability to the financial statements. I guarantee you will need to export (Excel) or use a different software (Crystal Reports) to build your monthly financials. -Sage 100 products are hosted in-house, so in the age of the cloud, you will still need to purchase and support your own server, a pain for a small or medium sized business. -there are no "drill down" options in financial statements. That ability in Management Reporter was a huge plus in Microsoft Dynamics products. -Multi-fund reporting cannot be consolidated (unless this is an add on module we didn't purchase) -There are no reports that show unposted JEs -AP voids and invoice reversals are a NIGHTMARE. Seriously, my staff lose sleep over trying to never need to void a check in Sage. -Dashboards are basic. It feels very "old" as a system compared to new cloud-based options. -No auto reconciliation. I've heard that's a selling point of Xero.

Renee Numerowski

Fortunately this version has been upgraded

Reviewed 2017-02-18
Review Source: Software Advice

I work in the manufacturing industry, specifically a foundry in Chicago. Several factors bias my experience with MAS90/Sage 100. I was introduced to the software with no training or reference guide because the woman before me left suddenly and without any documentation. In a certain perspective that speaks well of this product in that simply by internet research and experimentation, as well as a few call to our highly paid "Sage" support line, I have been able to work with the system adequately. I would love to upgrade to a new version of this Sage product and imagine that it is very likely a much cleaner and straight forward operating system For instance, the difference between reversing a check and simply reversing the G/L transaction are two different procedures and a third procedure to void a check that has never been issued is a different procedure entirely from voiding a check that you have placed a stop payment on. In a sense, these five distinctions would be ideal for a precise audit trail if the procedures themselves were not extremely complex and vague to distinguish. The General Leger reports are clear and are in themselves user friendly in offering the opportunity to easily make accrued and adjusting entries. I would certainly encourage anyone to investigate the newer versions of Sage in consideration of their industry specific needs. We have not created a direct interface between our receivables data base "Exact" directly into MAS 90 due to the particular need to maintain specific Alloy/Customer information and our small company simply lacks the time and technical understanding to do so. Again my situation is severely biased due to my particular circumstances and I believe a newer version of Sage may very likely be an excellent ERP.

Pros
If I can figure out a highly antiquated version of their product without internal direction and assistance, I suspect the newer versions of Sage can only be fat superior.

Cons
A complete mire of ambiguity when it comes to the Accounts Payable component in this ancient version by Sage:MAS 90

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Tod Holden

MAS90 - Windows - Sage 100

Reviewed 2019-04-12

Custom reports are tricky in that some modules do not "play in the same sandbox" as other modules.

Pros
Once you get a sound understanding of the modules, it is fairly easy to sort and find information and to product some reports.

Cons
MAS90 was a pre-Windows software that had limits, but was workable. Then MAS90 was sold and given a facelift to become Sage 100. Sage 100 is basically a format, presentation and color change from MAS90. I used MAS90 25 years ago and learned some of the shortcuts after going to the State of the Art University. When I left the company that used MAS90, within a short time something happened to the business world: Windows. Now 25 years later and after several versions and upgrades of Windows, I am once again working with MAS90 behind the mask of SAGE 100. It is not like revisiting an old friend, but an old motel that are still using the same bedding. The training that I received did help make the reintroduction easier. It is ironic that several times in the search bar of Sage 100 it even refers to "MAS90." None-the-less as noted the Windows rise and dominance came into the mainstream if not becoming the stream of business. The tough thing is that MAS90 did not change with a Windows feel when it was altered into Sage 100. Frankly, it is most frustrating to jump from Outlook, Word, Excel then to Sage 100. Something as easy as hitting "enter" or "tab" in Sage 100 will cause redundancy in keying and wasted time. The answer is simple, the user MUST have a passion for selecting or clicking the left mouse button and consciously shifting their thinking from 2019 back to 1994 when ever they enter the world of Sage 100.

Elizabeth Malarkey

Easy to Use but Lacks Features

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-09-06

It was quickly apparent that Sage was not a good fit for my company even though it was easy to figure out and integrated with many PSAs that I was considering at the time, I just wasn't able to use the US version for what I needed.

Pros
Easy to use overall. Simple to navigate, the interface is intuitive, and it is easy to reach customer service. Integrates with many PSAs.

Cons
Lacks basic features (such as recurring invoices and expenses) that most other options in this field offer. This only applies to the US version of this software. The UK version appears to be much more fleshed out.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Bill Wall

Software that is easy to customize to fit your exact needs

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-12-07
Review Source: Software Advice

All in all, this is a good product with options for growth as your business needs change.

Pros
Sage 100 Advanced ERP allows you to create data fields that are unique to your business and have the data flow through the various processes and data files. We have added over 100 fields to our invoicing forms, and the data flows from the sales order to the invoice, to the accounts receivable history. The data entry screens are easily modified to add any custom fields you need. The forms for printing documents are also easily modified via Crystal Reports. We utilize Crystal Reports to perform error checking at the order entry point to alert the order entry and billing clerks if there any issues with the order that needs to be corrected. We check to see if purchase orders are required. If they are, is one on the order? We check to ensure the sales tax code is correct for the shipping address. There are easily a dozen things we check, all utilizing the tools built into Crystal Reports. We have been using this software since the mid-1990's and have upgraded year after year. The upgrades are much easier than they used to be and the features that have been added over the last few years are great additions to the software.

Cons
Some of the processes are more complicated than they need to be. Recording pre-payments on A/R or A/P invoices is a prime example. The process for both should be re-evaluated, and the process should be the same for any pre-payment that needs to be recorded. Some of the module pricing doesn't make any sense. The asset module is way too expensive when compared to other options available.

Victoria Vath

Perfect ERP Software for medium sized businesses

Reviewed 2019-12-05

We have been with Sage for almost 7 years and it has saved us much time and money. Our old software was clunky and not customizable. We are able to now do multiple tasks at the same time, even within different companies.

Pros
Ease of use, ease of customization. Excellent customer support, excellent value for the money. Great for organizations with multiple entities - ability to switch between companies/work in different companies at the same time.

Cons
After a sales order is completed, you cannot "resurrect" it - you must generate a new number and "copy" the old sales order from history.

Trey Demler

Good program

Reviewed 2018-11-27
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
There seems to be a module for just about everything we need to within out company, which is very nice. It was pretty easy to learn with just a little bit of practice, much of it is self explanatory to new users! I do believe that ease of use is a major pro for Sage 100. I'm pleased with amount of data/reports we can process and print out, the information we need is almost always at our finger tips.

Cons
With multiple people using this throughout our organization, it'd be nice if two people could be in the same module at once. We're constantly going door to door trying to figure out who's in a certain module and when they'll be out of it. We reference a pay rate change report often, every time we click out of it, it asks if we want to purge all the files. Someone will accidentally click it someday- why would we want to do that? I also find myself getting a number of errors and the program shutting down on me. Often times if I shut my computer down and try again it'll work correctly when I open it back up.

Kimberly Tucker

A Well Travelled Work Horse

Reviewed 2019-05-14

Its a great product for the small business client looking for audit-compliance, reporting and a trust-worthy product without spending a lot. If mobility is not a huge concern for you and you want to keep your operating costs low, choose Sage 100.

Pros
Sage 100 is very well suited for financial record keeping, distribution management and reporting on these business operations. Functionally, it is very reliable and straight forward to use. It was the first accounting software I ever used in a professional setting and I continue to think in terms of the way items are processed in Sage 100. Because it has been around for decades, there is a substantial amount of knowledge available to new users by way of Sage City and the number of consultants available for support is also a huge asset. The subscription pricing makes it very simple to purchase and include as an operating cost for the lifetime of the business and there are great integrations available in the channel.

Cons
I wish there was a mobile app that gave access to the approval functions and other areas of the product that would be convenient when traveling away from the office - or even just working remotely. Remote accessing a server is very inconvenient and there are so many browser-based systems in business already. Sage 100 feels behind the times without this functionality.

GRACE SHERK

SAGE 100

Reviewed 2019-09-26

SAGE 100 is a good product for the price and SAGE does have a really good support staff. I have had no major issues with the product that I couldn't or the support staff couldn't fix. I would recommend this product simply because of the people in their customer service.

Pros
SAGE 100 is rather easy to use once you receive training. My main use of the software are Invoicing, cash receipts, accounts payable posting and running reports for financials. The overall product is good for the price and there is support available. I do like many of the features of the product, for example it will stop purchase orders from duplicating. The support staff is great. I cannot say enough about how great they are when we have an issue.

Cons
Occasionally the system will have issues when receiving data, the problem can be a two minute fix or it can take sometime. The support staff is very knowledgeable and can correct anything that may happen from time to time, but the fix can be time consuming.

Kristina Adcock

Sage 100cloud Review

Reviewed 2019-11-10

Way better than peachtree older version. Have not had any issues other than it's kinda slow

Pros
I like how everything is linied together kinda of like quickbooks. It's pretty simple to use and has step by step guidance

Cons
Its kinda slow at times. We upgraded from peachtree so it's way better than that. Honestly nothing I can say bad other than its slow

brittany strangman

Accounting and Inventory Ability

Reviewed 2018-07-10
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
We went with Sage because we needed an accounting software that would also keep inventory stock. The fact that Sage has build able modules and customization available is pretty much the biggest asset available. I use Accounts Receivable, Payable, Sales Order, Inventory Management, Purchase order, General Ledger and Paperless office. I like that it allows me to more permanently close out accounting days and keeps track of all reports for later use.

Cons
It is a time consuming software to learn, definitely keep a professional on standby when installing and learning the system. Although I like being able to close out days and orders, it does make it a little harder to fix any mistakes. There are occasional bugs with the system but nothing that hasn't been able to be fixed with a phone call to our Sage installer.

Don Sunderland

Affodable step up from Quickbooks

Reviewed 2016-12-12
Review Source: Software Advice

i have used a variety of ERP software packages in my career, including Quickbooks and Microft Dynmaics' Navision, and Sage 100 provides a full feaured ERP package at an affordable price. Cost's per user for a month's subscription for the Essentials core accounting package (GL, AP, AR, Bank Reconciliation) and a little more for the Advanced Bundle (Essentials plus Inventory, Purchasing, and Sales Order), and more for the Complete Bundle (Essentials plus Bar Code, Return Materials Authorization, and Bill of Materials). For manufacturing, you can add the Complete Plus Bundle (Work Order, MRP, Job Cost, and Time Card). There are additional add-on modules such as Paryoll with Direct Deposit, 100c Manufacturing (formerly JobOps), CRM, Sage Intelligence Reporting, and eBusiness Web Services. Each package includes Library Master, Business Insights (Drill Down Inquiry, Reporting, and Dashboard), Paperless Office, Custom Office (to create User Defined Fields and customized screens), Visual Integrator (to Export and Import data to/from Excel and Sage), and Crystal Reports. The Windows Explorer type menus make navigation easy, and the workflow follows the menus. Sage 100 is designed for 1 to 50 users, and supported the creation of multiple business entities or companies. The software has many configuration options, and can be tailored to the company's use, so because it is flexible there is also a learning curve due to its sophistication. Sage has been the number one accounting software recommended by CPA's for many years.

Pros
Affordable, flexible, stable data base, excellent module integration.

Cons
Does not have a Point of Sale option, or a full featured Web Store, or user friendly API tool.

Dvon Myles

Very Sad!!! Very Very Sad!!

Reviewed 2018-08-29
Review Source: Software Advice

I would never recommend this software. Any looking for a way out. I know other companies who use this software and are taking the same approach. Maybe after enough people leave their service, they'll start acting like a customer friendly company; not a company that says ...... "I gotcha!!" Time to take the ride!!!

Pros
It is a sturdy platform. Served its purpose. Has good features .... a good overall solid mid sized company package.

Cons
As in previous reviews, they are now price gouging with huge support price increases. Can't get any update without getting support plan. They do not have a "pay for support" option only for the experienced user of their software. Now we can't get phone support. Only support given is through web chat. That really sucks!! Imagine trying to teach someone how to use the Report Writer feature through web chat. Very Sad!!!

Jim Latimer

Simple to use, yet an accurate accounting tool

Reviewed 2017-02-28
Review Source: Software Advice

We are a mid size property management company located on the Northshore of Massachusetts. Our condominium client list is a composition of business and residential complexes. The Sage product gives us the flexibility to manage the day to day account activity, along with the accountability and flexibility to oversee the billing aspects which occur as a result of the various service request we receive daily. Our staff consist of management professions, account and billing personnel. Everyone in our organization has exposure to the Sage product even our administrative staff, who are often required to utilize the Sage product to verify client billing and invoices. It is a simple yet effective accounting and administrative product that works well for a company of our size.

Pros
Effective, yet simple to understand and utilize

Cons
Doesn't have the fancy looking categories. It's just plain and simple

Cherechi Onuoha

This is one of the best ERPs I have used in a while, it makes working a whole lot more fun and streamlined.

Reviewed 2018-06-26
Review Source: Software Advice

Despite the whole full and complex look and feel, Sage 100 is still quite easy to understand in about 3 tries(if self teaching) but under an experienced hand , I’d probably give a day a day and half max.

Pros
The best thing about this software is it’s streamlined nature. An ERP that can help completely monitor from manufacturing to storage to logistics to HR and even customer relationship and satisfaction. This is one top of the line software.

Cons
It is still a bit jumbled up. Once loaded, it still looks like a whole lot on the eye. Icons and folders can still be properly arranged and sorted properly. Still a lot of addons that are not really needed.

Bernard Bryant

Wholesale consumer products distributor

Reviewed 2017-12-15
Review Source: Software Advice

A Sage Business Partner who knows exactly how the company's processes function is the best option for support if multiple add-in modules are used.

Pros
Sage 100 Advanced ERP is fully functional for all steps in a wholesale consumer products process. The Reports Explorer allows custom detailed report writing to support general ledger balances. MAS Intelligence reporting uses an Excel BI add-in for financial reporting.

Cons
Standard reports require knowledge of Crystal Reports for customizing. Adding multiple third party modules such as Scanforce, Multi-Bin, etc. greatly complicates upgrades to new releases.

Adam Petersen

Good for small to medium business

Reviewed 2019-08-06

It was a great overall experience and was simple enough for a smaller business to implement while still having the horsepower.

Pros
Having worked with a few erps, this is one of the cleanest UIs and has been a great experience with getting data out of it. The datacubes on the backend have been really good as well. Order allocation is clean and simple and has warehousing plugins that work well too.

Cons
I really wish that price breaks and price levels worked better. It was very difficult to get the accurate pricing inputted to the system.

Kathy Fissel

Director of Finance

Reviewed 2018-03-21
Review Source: Software Advice

Master programmers and software support is available across the US. If you don't like your support group, you can easily hire another. No need to convert software solutions.

Pros
This software is easily customizable at install AND it is reliable. The software updates are rarely a problem; no need to wait for other users to test and work out the bugs found in some software updates.

Cons
Module pricing is a little more costly than other software, but then again how much is data integrity worth? I like to sleep at night, so it's a good investment.

Sefa Degirmenci

My daily must at work

Reviewed 2019-07-24

Pros
I have been using Sage Mas90 for more than 9 years. We are a manufacturing company and many of our data are entered or stored in this program. We have our Bill of materials, accounting stuff, customer information in this program and we update or write data in daily basis. I use it mostly for pulling data and using it for building our product. Without it things would be very unorganized and hard to manage.

Cons
For the purpose i use it as an engineer, i have no problem.

Dustin Wen

Good for mid sized firm (accounting perspective)

Reviewed 2016-12-15

I used to use Sage 100 back in the day when it was Peachtree. It's since been renamed to Sage 100 and had a modern refresh. Sage 100 is recommended for businesses with revenue around $50 million. It is considered ERP - enterprise resource planning, but I'm familiar with the accounting aspect of it.

Pros
For accounting this software is intuitive. It is easy to use and has a lot of sophisticated features.

Cons
It isn't optimized for a lot of qualitative data. It will take an external module or upgraded more expensive version.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Emay Kao

Excellent Accounting Software

Reviewed 2015-04-16
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Sage 100 ERP is an excellent accounting software to use. The description field for GL entry can capture up to 2,000 characters and it doesn't get cut off like other accounting softwares. You can easily run a detailed GL report to get all the information you need without pulling the invoices to see. This is also good for handling large volume of data with system generated journal entry numbers.

Cons
There are improvements that can be made. For example, there should be a separate invoice number field and separate field for period posting. For example, if I want to post a January invoice in period 4, I should be able to do it instead of letting the date be the driver of which period it gets posted to. Also a separate field for department code instead of linking GL account and department code as a GL account. I would like to run GL Detail report by department codes.

brittany strangman

Small businesses with inventoy

Reviewed 2017-10-03
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Sage 100 is an awesome way to manage receivables, payables, payroll and inventory management. The customization modules help set up the software to fit your specific needs. I love the paperless office capabilities and the fact that I can pull up my reports within seconds.

Cons
My biggest issue is that it is not the most user friendly, in comparison to other similar software, I used in the past. It does take some time to become familiar with the products and the constant updating.

Trey Demler

Easy and productive

Reviewed 2017-12-12
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Easy to maneuver through it and all the modules. It can do everything I need it to do and it provides me with all of the reports and data that I need.

Cons
I get a lot of errors and have to sign out. Things get complicated with multiple users doing certain things at the same time. I think it may be more of a computer issue and not a program issue, but often times I have to wait 10-20 seconds for modules to open which can be frustrating when trying to get things done quickly.

Anneliese Gallagher

Sage 100c at the Non-Profit

Reviewed 2019-05-14

I have used Sage for over 20 years and I am very impressed with how the system has evolved with the change in technology. As a new user it was easy to navigate and as an experienced user there is always more to explore.

Pros
Sage 100c is a user friendly software that integrates the accounting software and warehouse management. The integration helps with productivity and work flow. The partner software is well designed and helps with each module.

Cons
The base system needs to be customized at a cost.

Dawn Officer

Great Accounting Software for Larger Companies!

Reviewed 2018-03-20
Review Source: Software Advice

I have used Sage for over 10 years now. I prefer the detail capabilities it offers and love how I can customize it to work for my reports.

Pros
Once you understand how Sage works, it is easy to navigate every module. Financial reports can be set up to pull in whatever order or format you need them in. Budget numbers can be added in for easy variance reporting.

Cons
Initial training on how to use the software can be a bit overwhelming. I recommend offsite training at a Sage retailer.