ServiceWorks Logo

3.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.18/10

Reviews by rating

Sensitive content hidden] was fantastic. I love the fact that you receive a person that is completely knowledgeable of all facets of the software.
Nice and supportive people on the tech support. I do recommend getting Service Works for your work.
The constant crashes on the mobile app. The loss of data, the various bugs and glitches, the lag when uploading things, and the lack of fixing bugs after pointing it out to tech support.
I HAD A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH SERVICE WORKS AND THEY REFUSED TO REFUND THE MONEY EVEN AFTER THEY COST US HUNDREDS IN PARTS SHIPPING BY NOT SETTING OUR ACCOUNT UP PROPERLY.
Still have a few glitches that cause daily issues, sometimes calls are lost ( or pervious calls) and this makes for angry customers.

Blake S.

owner

Consumer Services, self-employed

good for bin cleaning

Transcript

Blake: My name is Blake. I am a business owner. I rate ServiceWorks four out of five stars, and for more...

ND

Nicola D.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Service technician

Pros

Easy to use straight forward and functions as it should

Cons

Sometimes can be a little glitchy here and there

Thank you for the feedback. We are happy to see you are enjoying ServiceWorks!

CS

Carol S.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Fairly easy top use and easy to train employees on

made it very easy to be almost paperless everything is done on the technicians phone.

Pros

easy to use and easy to train employees on, very easy to use on the phone and has very few problems.

Cons

if you show a payment as a down payment you cant remove the payment without showing that it is a refund.

JA

Jasmine A.

Facilities Services, 1-10 employees

THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AT Service Works

Pros

the program features are amazing IF THEY WORK

Cons

CUSTOMER SERVICE AT SW IS HOPELESS AND NO HELP IS AVAILABLE. WE HAVE BEEN HAVING ISSUES WITH THE PROGRAM SINCE WE CAME ON BOARD.

We're genuinely sorry to hear about your frustrations with our customer service and the challenges you've encountered since joining us. We're committed to resolving the issues you've experienced and ensuring that our program works seamlessly for you. Please reach out to our team and we can schedule a one on one with our customer success team. Thank you.

SM

Shirley M.

Software for the Appliance Service Professional

the most important part of the program we were able to start using it almost immediately At the time we got the program Service Works was not active in Canada but since we had used a previous product of their design they offered it to us and switched over our old program to the new one. While we have only used this product a couple of years we have worked with this team for years and they are great. I struggle with technical issues and they take time to explain (in English) what is going on.

Pros

There are many wonderful features but the feature we utilize the most is the dispatch. Being able to dispatch a call by location of the tech allows us to start the day knowing how the week is setting up.

Cons

I am having a few issues learning all the features some are a bit redundant but we have to devote the time to learning to use the features making it a priority

KL

Kevin L.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

Bin Showered uses Service Works

It’s been great to grow with Service Works as they are learning the bin cleaning industry.

Pros

I love the support and constantly enhancing the product to help bin cleaners

Cons

I wish the scheduling optimizing tool is more user friendly that can easily change changes optimized with a drag and drop. And I wish the mobile app had a few more features

JR

Jim R.

Service works

Pros

Fairly easy to use. Easy to train new employees to use. Fairly reasonable in price. Tech support is decent although communication could be better.

Cons

Not particularly easy trying to learn all the capabilities of the system.

Thank you for your feedback!

JH

Jennifer H.

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Review of Serviceworks

Pros

it keeps peoples history of service together well

Cons

the A/R system isn't the easiest and neither is the Parts Ordering

Thank you for your review. We’re glad to hear that ServiceWorks helps you keep service history organized. We apologize for any difficulties with the A/R system and parts ordering. We're actively working to improve these features. Your feedback is important to us. Please reach out if you have any questions or need assistance.

PM

Patrick M.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Works but has a few bugs

Pros

All of the features we need are there even if we arent billi g our customers

Cons

The integration to android is clunky. It removes jobs from search when there is a glitch. Could also use the back buttom featurw from android and scroll wirh keyboard up.

Thanks for your feedback! We're addressing the Android integration issues you mentioned to ensure a smoother experience. Your input helps us improve, so please keep the suggestions coming. Thank you for choosing ServiceWorks!

SS

Salma S.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Amazing app

It’s been amazing. It’s very helpful and easy to use

Pros

It’s easy to use and it’s very self explanatory

Cons

I was struggling to log in when I first started using it and struggling to view my jobs

Thank you for your review! We're delighted you found our app easy to use. We apologize for the initial login issues and any inconvenience in accessing your jobs. Your feedback helps us improve. Please reach out if you need further assistance. Thank you for choosing ServiceWorks!

MP

Meghan P.

Serviceworks Review

Pros

It has everything that I need to do my job. The features are robust even though they are difficult to figure out and customize.

Cons

It is not a very intuitive design therefore it is difficult to figure out all the different features and how to answer questions. I think the platform could really benefit from a UX/UI designer to streamline the processes.

Thank you for your review. If you're interested, our team offers training sessions to help you get the most out of the platform. We're also working to make the interface more intuitive and user-friendly, with improvements from a UX/UI perspective. Your feedback is important to us, and we're dedicated to enhancing your experience. Please reach out to our team with any questions or concerns!

DB

David B.

Renewables & Environment, 1-10 employees

How service works saved us at least one full time employee AND made our services better

Pros

The scheduling and ease of information gathering. The way it is setup we can easily navigate and find what our client wanted and we are now able to customise even more their experiences with us. It has removed a lot of non value added activities that we had to do manually. We have the opportunity to look for cost overruns and how efficient we are as a company every day and at any time we have access to progress reports.

Cons

The initial configuration is rather easy but being in Quebec, Canada has made some issues difficult for us in setting up taxes and linking up quick books. Otherwise the CRM, Dispatch, job creating software ticks all the boxes for us.

SB

Susan B.

Useful but frustrating

A mix of frustration and benefits: ServiceWorks is not an easy program to use -- it takes a long time to train in and understand; there's a multitude of steps for many operations ... for instance selling a part over counter is an involved multi-step process, making the customer wait while all the invoice and sale entry steps are performed. When there are multiple steps for a given operation, if one...

Pros

Great tech support and availability; SD mobile allowing office and in-field techs both able to see the progression and status of service calls, and a big time-saving help to the techs. However, while it's a time-saving boon for the techs, it has caused probably double the amount of time spent in office for this system vs. Swiftlink. It is also very nice to have the parts inventory linked to the jobs tickets/invoices.Warranty claim management and filing has been more streamlined with ServiceWorks and we find this to be a huge benefit.

Cons

Customer address: A glaring fault in this program is that there is only one address line for addresses, which is enough of an issue in itself that I would never choose this program again because of this one thing! In our area, 3/4 of our population is transient, lots of 2nd/3rd homes, and the need to have further defining information for many addresses which requires a 2nd address line or a line for...

RW

Robert W.

Construction, self-employed

End of the search

My overall buy point was their customer service. The attention to detail that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] delivers to my situation gives me all the confidence in the world that I will stay with this company for a long time. We can now set this aside as we rebuild our business in the future. We are licensed in NY. TN and AZ and are expecting 100 employee's in each location. This software will be going right along with us.

Pros

I like the population auto fills. The search ability is a key factor in running our business. We ran a business in Arizona with twenty-five employee's and keep tracking of what was going on was our biggest hurdle. I tried a lot of other software for this purpose (several costing 5 times the cost of sw) without the power of service works.

Cons

Just like learning any new software there are some frustrations along the way. There are a few bugs in the system that haven't been ironed out yet, for example; sometimes I will but in place holder information like the phone number if I don't know it. I will enter all fours or something with the intent to go back and enter the number when I get it. SW uses the ph number for the customer number. I doesn't allow you you to edit the customer number, oh it has the edit icon and you can delete it, but it won't allow you you to enter anything. By the way the work around for this one is copy and paste.

RS

Rachel S.

Service Works

We are looking for another program to replace this one since we are very unhappy with the program.

Pros

The only thing I like about this program is the customization that we can do in the configuration.

Cons

There is a lot of redundancy in a lot of areas of the program. Also, when we migrated from Swiftlink to Service Works, a lot of our information didn't migrate properly, so I can't even use the reports feature to do billing. It is not and never has been accurate. Also, a lot of areas have too many steps that could be simplified.

bl

bill l.

Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees

appliance sales and service inventory

slow to respond to our problem and we have issues that they say cant change bill

Pros

parts inventory service calls and tracking

Cons

when we sell product will not take out of inv. until delivered if delivery is 2 weeks away we sell same product 2 to 3 times what a mess

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you find our parts inventory and service call tracking beneficial. We apologize for the inventory management issues and delays in response time. We're reviewing our processes to improve stock accuracy and customer service. Please contact our support team to discuss your concerns further. We appreciate your input and look forward to better serving you.

RP

Rob P.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Doesn't work well for my 1 man Appliance Service Business

Not real pleased as I said Inventory Control does not flow easily.

Pros

Only pro is it can be used on a mobile device.

Cons

Keeping up with inventory does not flow easily. There are too many areas where you have to go and keep up with inventory. Currently my inventory is a mess. And I don't know how to fix it. You have to continually go to another screen and update inventory. I was converted from SwiftLink Software after 30 years. Now everything is in modules and tiers, which cost more depending on which tier you need. Lost a lot of features after migrating to Serviceworks. Lost monthly billing & warranty billing.

JJ

Jennifer J.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reliable Meat and Potatoes

Pros

I like the dispatch/assigning/scheduling to our techs, love the ability to assign and change customer credentials, like multiple tickets for one customer, like being able to hav 3rd party contractors access without allowing full editing access.

Cons

The mobile needs work and the back end admin could use improvement.

Thank you for your detailed feedback. We're glad you appreciate our dispatch, scheduling, and customer management features, as well as the access options for third-party contractors. Mobile and Backend Admin Improvements: We acknowledge that these areas need enhancement and are actively working on updates to improve the experience. Thank you for choosing ServiceWorks! if you need further assistance, please reach out to us at success@service.works.

sc

steve c.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, self-employed

Disappointing

I think now its working ok my problem is integrating with quick book

Pros

its connected to Marcone parts distributor

Cons

it doesn’t integrate with quick books and no one there known how to make it work its been going on for three years now. i would have changed by now and i still might change for next year

NR

Nickie R.

Was misleading

My customer support guy [SENSITIVE CONTENT], Has been amazing in working with me but I need to get this settled. I've spent a lot of money to use this program and cant!!!!!!

Pros

the program would be amazing but has no accounts payable feature

Cons

I'm still waiting to hear back from the "programs" to even be able to intergrade with quickbooks. I have been trying for a few months now to get switch over from Swiftlink but cant without having an accounts payable feature.

ServiceWorks integrates with QuickBooks online and desktop both. Please contact the support team and they can help you with this.

RH

Raul H.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Good software

I use a lot of features everyday, reports and schedule. I like how integrated the features are.

Pros

The software is easy to use, you need to see the videos to understand it very well but it is wonderful to use.

Cons

The fact that you need to end a recurrence, do some changes on the accounts and then add a recurrence again for the changes to take place.

BS

Blake S.

Writing and Editing, 1-10 employees

good for bin cleaning

Pros

as a simple recurring service based business, it does all i need it to.

Cons

All the automations that I need as a bin cleaner are there, but they are all the basic versions. for example, auto text reminder automation is great but I cannot change what time that text goes out. I also cannot see all my customers on a map; which is key to understanding my business.

DO

David O.

Trash Can cleaning user

They will do whatever it takes to make it work better.

Pros

I like how they will make things work. They are open to ideals

Cons

The scheulde time frame needs to go into the ditch. It works but I don't care for it myself.

LB

Leslie B.

Retail, 1-10 employees

How to do something

Good

Pros

The ease to locate customer's repair histories

Cons

Sometimes the updates create issues with using the software the morning after

PW

Paul W.

Customizable for your needs

Will and the other service people are incredibly helpful and as soon as I send in a request for help I get a response. I do not have to wait days to at least be acknowledged that they heard me.

Pros

The ability to break each job down to its component cost and let you know what your true cost and margins are on each job is great. This doesn't exist in any of the other pest control software that I am aware of.

Cons

Because we are one of the first in our state, a lot of thinking had to go into getting the system to do what we needed it to do in order to comply with state regulations. But the software is so flexible it is really not a problem

KV

Katherine V.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Good but can be better

The software does help organize service calls and the ability to add custom fields does help to tailor it to my needs. I wish that acceptance feature would be something to have on the software but overall, it is a good software to use

Pros

I do like the ease of setting up jobs to configure for my business

Cons

I don't like that the system does not have a way of confirming if a technician received a dispatch