ServiceWorks Logo

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.66/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

I run a team of about 7 techs as of now and we have had used many of other softwares and this is by far the best. Customer service is friendly and helps you with every need.
The ability to break each job down to its component cost and let you know what your true cost and margins are on each job is great.
The support from ServiceWorks has been FANTASTIC. I would highly recommend this product.
These are both items that have failed before and I'm sure will fail again. They fail to test updates sufficiently when they are made time and time again.
You name it and it either is still not working or has broken multiple times in the last few months.

Blake S.

owner

good for bin cleaning

Transcript

Blake: My name is Blake. I am a business owner. I rate ServiceWorks four out of five stars, and for more...

DB

David B.

Renewables & Environment, 1-10 employees

How service works saved us at least one full time employee AND made our services better

Pros

The scheduling and ease of information gathering. The way it is setup we can easily navigate and find what our client wanted and we are now able to customise even more their experiences with us. It has removed a lot of non value added activities that we had to do manually. We have the opportunity to look for cost overruns and how efficient we are as a company every day and at any time we have access to progress reports.

Cons

The initial configuration is rather easy but being in Quebec, Canada has made some issues difficult for us in setting up taxes and linking up quick books. Otherwise the CRM, Dispatch, job creating software ticks all the boxes for us.

JV

Jessica V.

Great software

It's a great app for appliance repair companies like us.

Pros

Offers a lot of options and makes everything really easy for the office and techs both.

Cons

It has occasional bugs that make it impossible to work but it's rare and the customer service is great about fixing it!

KC

Karen C.

OK product

My overall experience is not super high. I just feel that for the money we spend we may be better off to spend it on software that would be more user friendly. Once again, just haven't had the time to see what is out there.

Pros

The scheduling is what we use the most and I do like having everything at a glance. (The dashboard) I also like the you tube video tutorials.

Cons

This is very complicate software. After using for almost two years we are still figuring out many of the options. Getting our techs to use it has also been difficult for that same reason. Because we are a very busy small business we just don't have the time that is needed to sit down and figure it all out. We came over from Swiftlink and to be honest we still use Swiftlink for many things. Eventually that will not be and option but for now it's getting us by.

CS

Carol S.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Fairly easy top use and easy to train employees on

made it very easy to be almost paperless everything is done on the technicians phone.

Pros

easy to use and easy to train employees on, very easy to use on the phone and has very few problems.

Cons

if you show a payment as a down payment you cant remove the payment without showing that it is a refund.

MC

Matt C.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Happy with ServiceWorks

Pros

The mobile app fit our needs very well. The point of sale portion works for our retail business. The scheduling and dispatch are perfect for us.

Cons

The instructional videos were good but I wish there were more to choose from.

RP

Rob P.

Doesn't work well for my 1 man Appliance Service Business

Not real pleased as I said Inventory Control does not flow easily.

Pros

Only pro is it can be used on a mobile device.

Cons

Keeping up with inventory does not flow easily. There are too many areas where you have to go and keep up with inventory. Currently my inventory is a mess. And I don't know how to fix it. You have to continually go to another screen and update inventory. I was converted from SwiftLink Software after 30 years. Now everything is in modules and tiers, which cost more depending on which tier you need. Lost a lot of features after migrating to Serviceworks. Lost monthly billing & warranty billing.

JS

Joseph S.

Sugar City Appliance

good, customer service may not get to you TODAY, but will return your call. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was / is VERY patient and helpful with us. we defiantly would not run as smoothly without it

Pros

Scheduling, integration , Integration, INTERGATION across marcone/ servicepower / quickbooks navigation. the

Cons

Initial rollout was like locking 4 people in a room, teaching them all a common new language, setting a hard launch date saying " at the end of the year, no more English, were all going to speak Portuguese!" and its a little clunky overall, but it gets the job done

TB

Trish B.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Helpful in many ways

Pros

Enjoy having a cloud based system which give us more flexibility in how we run our business.

Cons

We are rural and don't have good internet connectivity. Our tech cannot use the system while out in the field doing the jobs most of the time. We have to complete the jobs in the system at a later date. The system posts the job information as of the date the ticket is completed in the system vs posting it on the day the job was actually done (the schedule date). This makes it impossible to use the accounting functions in ServiceWorks. It would be nice not to have to double enter every job.

sc

steve c.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, self-employed

Disappointing

I think now its working ok my problem is integrating with quick book

Pros

its connected to Marcone parts distributor

Cons

it doesn’t integrate with quick books and no one there known how to make it work its been going on for three years now. i would have changed by now and i still might change for next year

MR

MARK R.

Animation, 1-10 employees

TITLE YOUR REVIEW

ITS BEEN A TOUGH LEARNING CURVE, STILL HAVE A WAYS TO GO. THE SCREEN IS SO BUSY, ITS HARD TO FLOW THROUGH THE DATA ENTRY PROCESS. IT WOULD BE NICE IF THE PROGRAMERS HAD A SIMPLE SET UP SELECTION, WHERE BY YOU CHOOSE YOUR INDUSTRY AT THE INITIAL START UP AND THEN THE SIMPLEST/CLEANEST TEMPLATE FOR THAT BUSINESS IS WHAT YOU BUILD FROM, THIS WAY EACH COMPANY CAN DECIDE JUST HOW MUCH DAY TO DAY INFO THEY WANT TO MONITOR. I FEEL THERE IS SO MANY OPTIONS WE'RE NOT USING, THE STEPS TO CREATE AND SCHEDUAL A SERVICE CALL SEEMS OVERWHELMING.

Pros

MORE ACCSESSIBLE FROM REMOTE LOCATIONS. WE HAVE ONLY BEEN ON BOARD FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS SO DONT LIKE IT YET, FRUSTRATING LEARNING A NEW PROGRAM.

Cons

OLD SYSTEM WAS SWIFT LINK WHICH SEEMED LOW TECH COMPARED TO THIS NEW SYTEM. MANY STEPS HAVE BEEN ADDED TO ACCOMPLISH THE SAME TASK OF SCHEDULING AND INVOICING OUR APPLIANCE SERV CALLS, AND NEW APPLIANCE AND PARTS COUNTER ORDERS. THE LOGIC AND FLOW OF THE PROFRAM IS NOT FLOWING AND INTUITIVE AS I WOULD LIKE, IE... HAVE TO HIT SAVE SO MANY TIMES ON A SVC CALL TICKET OR YOU WILL LOSE INFORMATION, WHY CANT IT SAVE FROM ONE KEY STROKE?

RW

Robert W.

Construction, self-employed

End of the search

My overall buy point was their customer service. The attention to detail that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] delivers to my situation gives me all the confidence in the world that I will stay with this company for a long time. We can now set this aside as we rebuild our business in the future. We are licensed in NY. TN and AZ and are expecting 100 employee's in each location. This software will be going right along with us.

Pros

I like the population auto fills. The search ability is a key factor in running our business. We ran a business in Arizona with twenty-five employee's and keep tracking of what was going on was our biggest hurdle. I tried a lot of other software for this purpose (several costing 5 times the cost of sw) without the power of service works.

Cons

Just like learning any new software there are some frustrations along the way. There are a few bugs in the system that haven't been ironed out yet, for example; sometimes I will but in place holder information like the phone number if I don't know it. I will enter all fours or something with the intent to go back and enter the number when I get it. SW uses the ph number for the customer number. I doesn't allow you you to edit the customer number, oh it has the edit icon and you can delete it, but it won't allow you you to enter anything. By the way the work around for this one is copy and paste.

SM

Shirley M.

Software for the Appliance Service Professional

the most important part of the program we were able to start using it almost immediately At the time we got the program Service Works was not active in Canada but since we had used a previous product of their design they offered it to us and switched over our old program to the new one. While we have only used this product a couple of years we have worked with this team for years and they are great. I struggle with technical issues and they take time to explain (in English) what is going on.

Pros

There are many wonderful features but the feature we utilize the most is the dispatch. Being able to dispatch a call by location of the tech allows us to start the day knowing how the week is setting up.

Cons

I am having a few issues learning all the features some are a bit redundant but we have to devote the time to learning to use the features making it a priority

PW

Price W.

Environmental Services, 1-10 employees

Disappointed Entirely

TERRIBLE... we were misled, and our money was taken without any functional support from the team. The 'Fully customizable' interface was poorly executed, lacked customization, poor support from the tech who was assisting us. They could not answer questions, could not fulfill any of our wishes, it took days and sometimes weeks to get changes done, and when we cancelled, we were thanked for our 'gift' of several thousand dollars and NO REFUNDS... "go pack sand... Super Clean Cans!" ... muhahahahah WOULD NOT RECOMMEND... We were so excited, but found out this was just a snake-oil sales pitch to take our money, but not deliver on a single service

Pros

We liked some of the features in the back end. We are a trash can cleaning business and the sales person said that we would love the "fully customizable" integration feature with our website and the ability to take payment for services in advance. We realized this was a lie.

Cons

We were misled about the features and integration abilities of the product. When we deployed and started the integration into our website... the "fully customizable" interface was very lacking, our customer service technician's favorite words were... "No, we can't do that" and we felt like we were lied to from the start. Our technician was terrible at support and we immediately tried to cancel the service when we were trying to launch the company. This was a terrible experience and you stole our money, as we paid for a year's worth of service in advance.

JZ

JOSH Z.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Could be great. Maybe wait a few years

Pros

The software is inexpensive. The features they proclaim to have are great, but many of them do not work as advertised if at all.

Cons

There are constant major changes that are not communicated. Repeat failiures within the software are almost a weekly event. It is to the point where we joke around about betting what is going to fail next. We have had issues with everything you can think of from ordering/checking in parts, submitting claims, sending notifications, routing, scheduling, accounts receivable, reports made, etc. You...

We are constantly trying to improve and provide all of our customers support and care. We always listen to our customers and add new features. We learn from you to make our software better everyday. Thanks for the feedback and being an amazing customer!

LR

Linda R.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

I don't believe this software is anywhere near ready for public use, due to constant bugs

I liked and trusted the customer service rep, or else I would have quit my subscription LONG ago. My experience throughout with actually using/trying the software was awful. I've never spent so long trying to figure something out, trying to set it up, trying to make it work, and trying to get bugs worked out, than I have with this software (about 7 months). When I finally switched to another software, I got all of this set up and working beautifully in ONE month.

Pros

The customer service representative was very knowledgeable and helpful, and also very sympathetic/apologetic regarding the constant bugs I kept having to deal with. He did a lot of work to keep bringing these problems to the developers' attention.

Cons

It is the buggiest software I have ever experienced, and I can't believe it is "ready" for public use. In fact, reps indicated several times that I was their guinea pig (for no pay) in helping identify all of their bugs. Almost every day, either the schedule wouldn't work, the dispatch wouldn't dispatch, the emails wouldn't email, the whole program wouldn't work, job times got changed to 3 am, etc. etc. Usually it was the employee app that didn't work. Many of my employees gave up on the app and refused to try it ever again. Additionally, it is EXTREMELY hard to figure out how to use. Whatever you think is how you should use it is DEFINITELY not how to use it, as you will screw something up.

We are sorry for the problems you faced. We did try our best to accommodate all your enhancement requests including custom commission report, permission enforcement on mobile app, ability to send bulk statements, custom invoice template. We are glad that you found the software. If you change your mind in the future, we are always here.

KL

Kevin L.

Environmental Services, 1-10 employees

Super user

Great service and adding new features as we continue to use Serviceworks.

Pros

I like how easy it is to learn and configure

Cons

I do not like the functionality of the scheduling software and route optimizations

wg

william g.

Consumer Electronics, self-employed

5 star out 5 star review

I like the software very well but only thing it needs is in the app beiang able to reschedule with the calender

Pros

I like all features to this software and im still learning on it as well. I like how it combines parts with my parts distributor

Cons

the app could be a little bit more user friendly but im getting use to it. I do find it clitchy here and there but I call my guy Will and he gets it taken care of.

AH

Ahmet Hamza Ş.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Unique appointment scheduling features

Pros

ServiceWorks offers a set of unique appointment scheduling features that helps us in a great way.

Cons

ServiceWorks could offer their solutions with a more user-friendly interface.

KW

Kerry W.

ntl appliane

Its been a process.. noone of us here are pc savy folks and we are still learning

Pros

I dont find it overly hard to understand or use. It looks more professional than what we had. Customer service is awesome. I love the live chat and whomever I get always helps me out

Cons

i dont like, how you have to click on Prof action every time to see history, How sometimes things work and others same function is a pain to use (intermittantly) . So many steps to set up a ticket and close it out.

RH

Raul H.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Good software

I use a lot of features everyday, reports and schedule. I like how integrated the features are.

Pros

The software is easy to use, you need to see the videos to understand it very well but it is wonderful to use.

Cons

The fact that you need to end a recurrence, do some changes on the accounts and then add a recurrence again for the changes to take place.

GS

Gregory S.

Real Estate, self-employed

Upgrade your service department's offerings

Positive. Allows us to gain control over the tech routing which translates into faster response times at less costs.

Pros

The most important item was the ability to use GPS to plot the routes for the service techs as well as to see where they were at real time.

Cons

ServiceWorks has done a fine job with the mobile option capability. Continue to develop this aspect of the offering.

CG

Candice G.

Utilities, 1-10 employees

It does the job very well!

Pros

It helped us to move completely remote! My technicians love being free of having to stop in the office for their routes and love not having paper tickets anymore.

Cons

There have been some bugs since we started using it, but (fingers crossed) they seem to be mostly worked out.

BS

Blake S.

Writing and Editing, 1-10 employees

good for bin cleaning

Pros

as a simple recurring service based business, it does all i need it to.

Cons

All the automations that I need as a bin cleaner are there, but they are all the basic versions. for example, auto text reminder automation is great but I cannot change what time that text goes out. I also cannot see all my customers on a map; which is key to understanding my business.

DB

Dan B.

Retail, 1-10 employees

service works

being able to have calender schedule inside the program only having to enter in the original program.in the past we had to use two programs to complete these tasks..

Pros

like the service scheduling and the service work order detail on the work orders!pos is good to be able to use the scheduling right from the pos invoice..

Cons

at first i did not like the reports section , but now i have talked to support and have had some reports taylored to our needs

KR

Kevin R.

Great Software

It's been a huge help to my business and look forward to using for many years.

Pros

I like reading the blogs and watching You Tube videos for help using the software

Cons

Nothing really, possibly having to do a save on many of the fields. We used to be able to save at the bottom of the page.