Simpro Logo

Simpro

Streamline operations. Increase profits. Grow your business.

Simpro Reviews

4.2

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.31/10

Reviews by rating

The software feels like just what the doctor ordered and we are very happy with the choice. The simPRO team has been rock solid, supportive, knowledgeable, and fun to work with from day 1.
The software has been great and had performed as described. The integration team has been awesome as well.
Nothing we were sold or told would work ended up working. This has been an extremely disappointing, costly and frustrating experience with SimPro.
On the accounting and estimating side of this software Simpro uses Margin percentage (Simpro calls it Gross Margin) and not Gross Margin dollars.

Elizabeth D.

Administrative Assistant

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Great Customer Service

Transcript

Elizabeth D.: I'm Elizabeth, I'm an administrative assistant. I give simPRO five stars and if you want...

Accounting, 1,001-5,000 employees

the ideal software for project management.

I recommand this sofware because it's really helps to get project done very quickly

Pros

Simpro is an excellent software for project management. it embeds features such as estimation, planning, execution of tasks, inventory management. it's really a complete and quite easy to use software.

Cons

I have to use it at least for 3 pojects to get my hands on it.

NT

Njela T.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1-10 employees

Job management system

When you pay for training, they are great and very helpful.

Pros

We have used Simpro for over 4 years, and we never loose a job! No more paper work, loosing jobs and jobs to be invoiced. Everything is tracked. Our techs use the app and update all parts and labour straight away. It's saved us so much time

Cons

Intergration with Xero is getting better.

Hi there Njela, thank you so much for your insight! We are thrilled to hear that simPRO has saved your team time, and reduced paperwork. That is what we love to hear! It is feedback like this that inspires our team to constantly improve our software. We are looking forward to supporting your business growth!

JH

John H.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Think Twice

Support is lacking made several attempts while in Denver to meet with our customer support member and on three separate occasions they failed to meet with me that was all I need to realize simPRO does not care about longevity of their clients. They don't listen to our needs or concerns but inform us we need more training

Pros

Dispatching, Purchase order, Estimating and billing portion of the software top notch flow great to together awesome

Cons

Job costing, tax reporting time tracking and reporting don't function well In fact to tools you would need to manage your business don't work

Hi John, Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that simPRO has helped you with dispatching, estimating, and billing. Our dedicated Customer Success & Support team at simPRO is available 24/6 via online chats and phone. We value our customers and are here to solve any issues you have within simPRO. Additionally, our Customer Success team was specifically developed to help our customers over the long run with consultation beyond the standard technical support. We also welcome customers to visit our Denver office. However, we are under no obligation to meet with customers outside of a work setting. Please reach out to Customer Success at customersuccess@simpro.us if you would like to discuss this further.

ED

Elizabeth D.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Great Customer Service

From the beginning everyone I have worked with has been incredible. If they don't have an answer for you right at the moment they will always go back to the drawing board and figure a solution out for you. They are customer focused and truly do whatever they can to make your company run smoothly.

Pros

Their customer service is awesome. There are so many different ways to get in touch with someone and they're quick to respond.

Cons

There are some aspects of it that make a little difficult for pool companies to operate from, but just makes you think outside of the box and change your business structure.

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for taking the time to review simPRO! We're happy to hear that you've had such a positive experience with our Customer Support team. Best, Team simPRO

JS

Jarey S.

Telecommunications, 1-10 employees

Streamlining our process

I can leave town and still keep an eye on jobs, billing and progress. I can approve jobs, make modifications by just logging in from anywhere. The time it takes to do a task of my staff and myself has been reduced tremendously. Finding a client file vs just looking it up in simPRO is huge time saver!

Pros

Saving of Staff time, less paperwork, easier to find info on clients quickly. Also the log of every event from who created a job, to notes from a phone call. Makes it easy to look at timeline.

Cons

Not being able to share attatchments within software from office to field level without going outside of software. Not being able to modify inventory on completed invoice. Trainers were great, but they were not familiar with my industry.

Hi Jarey, thank you for taking the time to review simPRO! We're glad to hear that simPRO is helping you save time in your daily operations. If you need any additional help with attachments, invoicing, or other simPRO features, please refer to the simPRO helpdesk: https://helpdesk.simprogroup.com.

JB

Jeannette B.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Great to have everything in one place

I only do the invoicing and purchase orders

Pros

I do the invoicing and it works very well for me.

Cons

There are things I would like to be a bit easier.

Hi there Jeannette, thank you so much for your feedback. We are constantly looking for new ways to improve, and this is the kind of insight that is so helpful to us. We are looking forward to continue supporting your business growth and success. Wishing you all the best!

JM

Jessica M.

Telecommunications, 1-10 employees

Home Automation Use

Setup and onsite training was a HUGE help.

Pros

With all our leads, projects and service needs we were able to tie every type of job into one system for accurate billing.

Cons

Reporting seems to be lacking in areas where we'd like to see the data gathered from field technicians into material report.

Hi Jessica, thank you for your positive feedback! If you ever need additional assistance, visit the simPRO Helpdesk (helpdesk.simprogroup.com) to contact Customer Support or to access our Help Guide resources. Best, Team simPRO

AL

Allison L.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

simPRO as a paperless program

We find we are not losing job cards anymore which means we get to charge out every job that is complete. But we still have to manually check jobs that the technician may not have used the correct status. This can be a bit frustrating and time consuming. Invoicing is very easy and great to be able to delete one if it needs improvements or change the charge to customer etc. Copying jobs is another great...

Pros

Great to change to Cloud Based product. Customer support is the best. Nice to be able to talk to real people and have them remote in and help with issues.

Cons

Not being able to keep any other modules open other than Jobs Quotes Purchase Order Receipts Invoices. It would be great to keep the People, Schedule Catalogue Invoices Utilities and Reports open in tabs at the top. I have to duplicate the pages in case I get a phone call and have to enter a new job or do a customer query otherwise I have to re-start my report, for example, all over again. simPRO is not very comfortable being duplicated. Dealing with stock is extremely difficult and transferring Work notes and Technician notes over to another job if the Electrician has written in wrong job or cost centre. Some reports are not suitable and you cannot customise a report beyond the parameters it was created from.

Hi there Allison, thank you so much for this feedback. We are so happy to hear about your experience with our support team. They are always happy to assist in any way possible! We really appreciate the insight into some of your frustration. We always encourage our customers to add their thoughts and ideas to our Ideas Portal. Every idea submitted is reviewed by our simPRO team. Currently most of the "Top Ideas" on the ideas portal are in progress or committed to, and we look forward to sharing these features with the community soon. Thank you again for the feedback!

AM

Andrew M.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Game Changing Product

Overall a very positive experience, particularly with the level of support provided by the customer support staff at simPRO. Since using the software we have dramatically reduced the use of hard copy paperwork, saving our staff members lots of time which can now be used productively on other areas of the business. Overall it has significantly impacted our business processes and enabled us to develop and grow as a company.

Pros

The software provides us with a centralised platform that integrates all aspects of our workflow processes. It provides an organised structure for maintaining all information relating to a specific quotes/jobs in one place, with easy access to all relevant staff members.

Cons

A specific area of the software we find challenging is the catalogue. The catalogue is very difficult to maintain as it works on the assumption that suppliers are able/willing to provide catalogue upload lists and doesn't account for suppliers using the same part number for different products.

Hi there Andrew, thank you so much for your kind words! It is this kind of feedback that inspires our team to constantly improve and support businesses like yours. Looking forward to our continual partnership!

WH

Will H.

Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees

Positive and controllable

Pros

Looks professional and has transformed our daily processes

Cons

Project Gant charts could be more flexible

Hi Will, Thank you for sharing your feedback on Simpro. We appreciate your positive review and are thrilled to hear that it has transformed your daily processes. Regarding your comment about project Gantt charts, we understand the importance of flexibility in visualizing and managing projects. We continuously strive to enhance our features and encourage you to share some more detail of what you would like to see improved with the Gantt charts feature on our Customer Ideas Portal! We're glad you made the switch to Simpro and we look forward to supporting your business's growth and success.

MT

Marek T.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Simpro Review

Overall, my experience with Simpro was positive. The software provided a comprehensive solution for managing all aspects of my field service operations. The job scheduling, dispatching, and tracking features allowed me to optimize my workforce and ensure timely service delivery. The integrated inventory management module helped me maintain control over my stock levels and reduce delays caused by missing parts. The ability to generate insightful reports and analyze performance metrics greatly aided in making informed business decisions. While the initial setup was a bit challenging, the software proved to be reliable and efficient in streamlining my field service processes.

Pros

One of the things I liked most about Simpro was its comprehensive suite of features for managing field service operations. The software provided robust tools for job scheduling, dispatching, and tracking. The intuitive interface made it easy to assign tasks to field technicians and monitor their progress in real-time. Additionally, the integrated inventory management module helped streamline the ordering and tracking of parts and materials. The ability to generate detailed reports and analyze key metrics provided valuable insights into the performance of my field service business.

Cons

While Simpro had many strengths, one aspect I liked least was the initial setup and implementation process. It required some time and effort to configure the software according to my specific business requirements. The customization options, while extensive, could be overwhelming for new users. Additionally, the pricing structure could be more flexible, as some features were only available in higher-priced plans. Despite these minor drawbacks, once the system was set up, it proved to be a valuable asset for my field service business.

Dear Marek, Thank you for your positive review of Simpro on Capterra! We greatly appreciate your feedback and the time you took to share your experience with our field service management software. We're thrilled to hear that Simpro has been a game-changer for your business. The ease of tracking jobs and the improvements it has brought to your job and work supervisor are truly rewarding to hear....

MH

Matthew H.

first time user

My overall experience is positive, it's a big system that's capable of many more things than we use currently so that's good to know we still have more to learn and more to gain by learning more etc.

Pros

From the first day using simpro I found it easy to navigate and or find a solution/answer for what I was trying to achieve. I have now increased my knowledge of the system to the point that I am implementing new systems for the team here that have been using this for 4 years.

Cons

in jobs /invoicing & quotes, when doing a long list of parts the "add a part field" should be top and bottom or the cursor should automatically be back in the field. progress invoices are complicated but maybe i just need to do more training on them.

Hi there Matthew, thank you for your kind words. Hearing that we were able to provide a solution to what you were trying to achieve inspires our team to continually improve our software to support your business. We look forward to continue working with you; wishing you all the best!

DS

Darren S.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Need to listen to your users SimPro.

Pros

Good general features and relatively easy to setup and use.

Cons

They take soo long to implement user suggestions, they have a forum and voting system for ideas but then take no notice of this when the do their upgrades, come on SimPro start listening to your users...

Hi there Darren, thank you for your feedback and details regarding your experience with simPRO. With over 150,000 simPRO users, the Ideas Portal receives many suggestions every day. We can reassure you though that every idea submitted is reviewed by the simPRO team. Many factors go into prioritisation of development including how many users will benefit from the feature, and the knock on effects it...

JS

Justin S.

Great experience overall! Amazing staff, especially training and support team!

Pros

Unlike a lot of other job management software we looked at, simPRO offers in-person training and live US support. The software itself is robust and offers plenty of functionality for our painting business, but it really comes down to the training and continued support. We looked at some cheaper options, and although training was an additional expense, it was worth every penny. Without the training, we would have been lost and unable to use the software. The trainers are great and keep training light and are knowledgeable business consultants. Highly recommend!!!

Cons

The user interface and dashboard are a bit dated, but I know the development team is working on updating in the future. Other than that, no complaints! SimPRO runs our whole painting business operations and workflows.

Hi Justin, thank you for your review. We¿re always happy to see businesses take advantage of our training and support, and even happier when it leaves them feeling confident and satisfied. If you¿ve got any suggestions for further development and improvement of our product, please don¿t hesitate to head over to our Ideas Portal (which can be found at: http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/Welcome.htm). As always, we appreciate the feedback! From, Team simPRO

ms

martin s.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Out of date, overly complicated, unituotive.

It didnt start well as the original sales person made false claims about some of the features, to the point i refused to have any moe contact with them. and slightly blurred pricing on number of licenses will be charged at what point. also it turns out if you leave your data isnt your data. The one good thing was the person who took the training, just a shame it was such a poor software to train on.

Pros

getting rid of it. however to be fair the lovely person who took me through training was very good at training.

Cons

the entire user interface is exceptionally poorly designed. Navigating and making changes to anything was like working through outdated menu software from years gone by. if you forgot to press save you loose it. I raed the reviews before purchasing and it was a common theme that it was difficult to use but worth it in the end. Well maybe it is but there are many other options out there that dont make you go around the houses and walk over glass to get to ther side of the road. why go through that pain when other much more user friendly better set out and intuitive systems exist.

MS

Michael S.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Great productivity tool for dispatch and tracking

Pros

Our company was growing and we began looking for software to track and manage our field technicians. We tried out many different softwares on the market. As soon as we tried SimPro we knew it was the software for us. We've been using this software since 2015 and it has streamlined our scheduling, dispatch, and invoicing. Additionally, it allows live tracking of technicians. After technician completes the job, there is no paperwork to deal with and all the information is synced to our office immediately.

Cons

While SimPro has a great staff and video tutorials that will help train you, it is a robust software and has many features that will take some time to learn.

rc

richard c.

Used other for 1-2 years

Transformational. Easily the most impressive application I've come across in recent years.

I am actively recommending simPro across my newtork of trusted partners.

Pros

The coherent integration of capabilities ' functionality across the full E2E process, from: initial customer contact; through estimating; execution (delivery); invoicing; seamless integration with Xero. Optimises workflow ' scheduling; reduces cost; reduces risk (audit trail; H'S); removes paper; removes duplication; increases transparency across the business; improves return on all assets ' resources...

Cons

Hi there Richard, thank you so much for the kind feedback. It is great to hear that we are providing you with a service that is beneficial to your business and your staff! It¿s also great to hear that you are referring our service to your network. From, Team simPRO

SB

Steve B.

Construction, 51-200 employees

One of the best decisions in the last 7 years

A seamless and well supported transition and every interaction with simpro was a win for us

Pros

Simpro completely changed our business. Everything is now totally trackable and transparent Our errors have reduced dramatically

Cons

It’s all good, that is, there is nothing that we can find fault with that causes us any issues

Hi there Steve, we cannot thank you enough for your kind words! Hearing that simPRO was able to change your business is nothing short of inspiring to our team. We are so grateful to be apart of your business journey, and look forward to continuing to support you. Thank you again!

DC

David C.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Simpro

We have had a good experience with Simpro implementation team and our consultant was great. The suppourt team are not as well versed in the software and sometimes don't come up with the correct solution to the problem

Pros

Easy to implement the back office side works really well and gives the ability to manage stock and jobs easily. The integration into Quickbooks is flawless and is a great boon.

Cons

The mobile app is hard to use not intuative and lacks some funtionality.

JK

Jamie K.

Security and Investigations, 11-50 employees

Alliant Security

It has been a challenge to learn but mostly because our company does not provide the right training

Pros

The customer support is amazing. I learned the program form them guiding me through everything

Cons

Not the easiest program to learn it also is missing some features the would come in handy.

Hi Jamie, thank you for taking the time to review simPRO. We're glad to hear that you've been able to benefit from our Customer Support team! In terms of additional features, if there is anything you would like to see in simPRO, be sure to share your thoughts in the Ideas Portal (go to "Help > "Suggest an Idea" in your simPRO build). We take suggestions seriously, and we have a dedicated product development team monitoring and using these ideas to enhance our software. Best, Team simPRO

JV

Jane V.

Music, 11-50 employees

Alot of work to transition but so far worth the work put into it

When they tell you planning and implementing is hard they are not lying. It takes lots of time investment and should be done in stages. The software offers so much and you need to figure out what matters first and slowly work into the other things.

Pros

Service order flow, scheduling, invoicing. Also, the training and support is fantastic. Trainer kept us on track and productive. Came back when we were ready to launch and cleared up alot of things.

Cons

The mobile app needs some help, but I think most do at this point in the world of technology. We expected a little more and hope more is in development

Hi there Jane, thank you so much for this wonderful feedback! We are thrilled to hear that you have had such a positive experience with our training and support teams. We understand the implementation process can be a lot of work for your business. Our training process is robust and can take a significant amount of time; however, it is essential for long term success with our software. We are looking for to continually supporting your business growth. Wishing you all the best!

SB

Steve B.

Security and Investigations, 1-10 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Good software but very unflexible

Initial sales presentation was very good, .... the training was in depth and again good. But once we had finished the training and trying to set up the system ourselves the software is far far too complex and producing the results we want seems impossible. We genuinely feel we have been sold the software and left with it. Would i recommend this product absolutely not. Advice to any potential new customers, see exactly what you want the software to do and how it will work/look. Don't take the salesmans word it will do it. Trust me, it probably won't

Pros

The software has the potential to be very good but ....

Cons

... the forms are utterly inflexible and customer support is absolutely terrible. Communication from my so called account manager is non existent even though i have spoken to him and he knows we are having issues. I really am utterly disappointing in this product and the company. We have invested thousands of pounds and countless hours trying to set up the system, as they promise so much, but in reality they have delivered very little, and certainly for us, an unusable system. Even after we told SimPro we are considering cancelling our monthly contract we still didn't hear from our account manager or anyone else. Is this what they call customer care ?? .... or maybe its customer don't care.

GW

Graeme W.

Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

Long term simPRO user

On the whole good

Pros

Job management and the system is relatively intuitive and easy to learn

Cons

System strong on job costing & management - could be improved to further support high volume recurring job service businesses

Hi there Greame, thank you for your kind review of simPRO! We are so honored to work with you and your business. It is stories like yours that inspire and motivate our team to consistently improve our software. We look forward to continuing to support your business growth!

JO

Jennifer O.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Streamlined

Overall it has made everything we do and record-keeping so much more efficient.

Pros

Our process have been so streamlined since we started using Simpro. It makes having checks and balances so much easier and communicating with our customers.

Cons

You have to be on top of making sure every single setting is correctly set and we have had issues organizing the contacts.

Hi Jennifer, thanks for your review! We're happy to hear that simPRO has made it easy to communicate with your customers. If you need any technical assistance, visit the simPRO Helpdesk (helpdesk.simprogroup.com) to contact Customer Support or to access our Help Guide resources. Best, Team simPRO

CM

Chris M.

Environmental Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Full, end-to-end management of the customer lifecyle

We are a large customer of simPRO and they have chosen to work in genuine partnership with us. Many of the ideas we have for improvements have not only been accepted but improved upon to deliver solutions that will further enhance their overall product offer.

Pros

The ability to mangage and develop the customer relationship from lead to invoicing and payment makes simPRO an obvious choice for any business that needs full visibility. The design of the software follows a logical flow so makes adoption easier.

Cons

Like many solutions of this type, they come from a reactive maintenance background with pre-planned maintenance a later add-on. simPRO has some capability around this but it is not fully featured as things stand. However, we are working with simPRO to deliver much needed functionality to properly deal with the scheduling and invoicing implications of PPM based contracts.

Hi there Chris, we cannot thank you enough for your kind words! We are honored to work with you and your business, and are inspired by success stories like yours. We look forward to continue supporting your business growth!