Paymo Logo

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.7/10

Reviews by rating

As for timer, it's dominating your screen, so it saves me from distractions of all kinds. Overall, what I like the best about this software is the blend of simplicity and feature-rich functionality.
Paymo is a combination of some kind of CRM and PM tool. It's good we can track budgets and payments, and also great integration with slack.
Easy to implement and to use. I can add as many projects as I want, tasks, view these in different formats, and never undercharge again thanks to the awesome time tracker.
As for its negative side, it should be taken into account that paymo does not track the cost of each project directly on the fly.
The filters can get confusing, sometimes its to many filters or not enough.
This buffers a lot and has many technical errors.

AJ

Adam J.

Consultant

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Paymo Review: Paymo is my essential app for managing my business

Hi Adam, Thank you for taking the time to talk about your experience with Paymo. Do not hesitate to get in touch whenever you have a question or suggestion.

Gidon B.

Design, self-employed

The best time tracking and project management tool

For me it was a game changer, once I started working with Paymo. Today it's one of my most important business tools.

Pros

Using this excellent time tracking suite changed the way I manage my business. It's been more than 10 years of understanding the big picture, charging the clients accordingly, having my own database of project durations and scope.

Cons

I wish I could customize more dashboard settings, though what's there is quite good

RR

Ruben R.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

A toolbox for the small business

Pros

Paymo has every crucial tool any small agency could need for kick-starting business. Its simplicity makes it easy to learn and implement, and when you compare it with more specific tools, it saves you a lot of time

Cons

As every other one-size-fits-all solution, Paymo doesn't excel on any of the tasks it covers. Of course managing projects thru an specific task management will be ultimately better, same as with invoicing, but it would require dedicated manpower taking care of those as well. Paymo compromises specificity for ease to use and maintain, so you'll have to adapt processes to Paymo and not the other way around.

EP

Ennio P.

Construction, 1-10 employees

PAYMO WHAT A APP

Pros

the ease with which it is possible to track time and above all the fact that it is a very intuitive application

Cons

The economical part is less intuitive and more difficult to use

GC

Gareth C.

Valuable Addition to Business

Great experience, and had issues with invoice templates, but received an update from support and the issue was fixed within 10 minutes. The time I have saved this year is immeasurable.

Pros

Priced to replace the free versions of the software. Automation of invoices, compared to using Pages template. If more work is completed for an un-invoiced project, editing the invoice is a simple process. The dashboard to keep track of all projects makes things much easier, compared to my old Google Sheets attempt at a project tracker. Archiving completed projects allows quick filtering of only the important things. Time reports allow a quick insight into what is still to be invoiced.

Cons

I would like a quick notes section added to the dashboard, A daily checklist of the work day, rather than a specific project.

Mv

Matijs v.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Easy to set up and use

Paymo is a nice piece of software where we can do exactly the things we need to do. It has a good uptime.

Pros

It's easy to setup and use. You can use it straight forward and adding clients and projects is easy.

Cons

The fact there is no 2-way authentication is really a thing here, also the lack on smaller accounts is a miss. We only use time tracking, invoicing and basic clients and projects. We don't need canban boards or options like that.

MU

Mikko U.

Information Services, 1-10 employees

Basic time tracker. Ok quality.

Pros

Basic use is very easy. I like that service has mobile app mac app that I use daily.

Cons

The mac app should support more than just time tracking. You should at least be able to see the card information. Sometimes if multiple people are put on the same card it is annoying if the card is in process if you are not yourself active on that card. Also all the cards that you are tagged in, do not show up to your own task list.

RA

Riin A.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Project management, social media management, estimate management - all with Paymo!

My main job is creating websites for my customers. I use Paymo to track projects, send offers etc. I also have an e-commerce site, and I use Paymo for marketing activities planning - like what end when to post and when to send e-mails.

Pros

Easy to set up, easy to continue using. a favorite feature is that I can make my project templates, offer templates etc. Customizable templates save me lot of time and makes my small company look professional. I like sync possibilities with Google calendar.

Cons

I would like to have labeling system fro task.

Hi Riin, Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it! Regarding labeling, wouldn't the kanban board view work? If you have questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us through the in-app chat.

Namit J.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Great Product

Great Product for long term projects , Easy to manage and review weekly reports

Pros

Easy to use and to onboard new team members.

Cons

Time tracking as it's not very constant based on if person is not on screen

Mike S.

Architecture & Planning, self-employed

Love it so far!

Pros

Cost-effectiveness, ease of use, desktop app.

Cons

It was a bit difficult to set up online payments with no paid invoices received yet, chicken and egg scenario.

Bassam A.

Banking, self-employed

A good all-in-one application

Pros

Paymo has everything I needed in 1 application.

Cons

Some print options missing, some views missing, but overall OK

CN

Cameron N.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Monopolize you cause you can't export ANYTHING easily

Would NOT recommend it to anyone who has even the slightest of "outside the box" process for projects or billing/invoices.

Pros

Yet another system that after several months of use only did what we needed it too at 75% of the way, then AFTER buying into the "huge discount" and special they had going, did I find out they do not allow refunds at all! If you put ANY data into the system and ever need to export it for any reasons ...find a data entry person and hope you didn't enter a lot of information because unless you are a...

Cons

Can't export anything unless you have a developer standing bye. System is very "inside the box" thinking even after being told it would easily do what I had explained that I needed it to do support seems to take longer than usual and they are quick to respond with an answer that has NOTHING to do with what you originally asked (bots maybe?!?!) Can't get a refund, no matter how many lies they told you to make the sale in the first place!!!

Hi Cameron, Sorry to see you disappointed. Our goal is to help you improve the way you work, not to sell you on something. Indeed, you can export client, project, user lists, as well as time reports in csv format - invoices and Gantt Charts are available in PDF only. However, due to the fact that there's no standardised data structure for project management data, the only practical way to export it is via our API. And no, we're no bots, and don't force anyones hand to make a sale.

Pavol Č.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Paymo is a great software across platforms

Paymo helps to organize, plan and report our projects

Pros

Easy to learn, easy to use, with lot of features, super support, progressive software, they add lot of integrations, mobile apps, use via web browser

Cons

Some features wait for upgrade, iPad integration missing

Thank you, Pavol! Can you tell me more about those features that you're talking about? iPad support is not in our plans atm - sorry! You can write us at support@paymoapp.com and ask for Marcel ;) Cheers!

Leticia M.

Design, 1-10 employees

Our main tool to run the business

We have been working with Paymo for more than 5 years now and over the years we've seen constant improvement with new features. It's a rich feature tool for a low price and it suits our company as no other does, not only in what they offer but in an intuitive and easy-to-use tool. The timer, invoices using the timesheet, team scheduling, sending estimates, all those make the difference in our business and has help us to save and make money.

Pros

The timer is the best feature of Paymo. We search a lot but none of the other tools allows us to easy time our work and bill our clients as Paymo, with an always-visible timer. And the ability to bill our clients with the timesheet completes our process perfectly.

Cons

It's lacking a client portal, where they have all information about their project and invoices

Time tracking FTW, Leticia - thank you :) I think there's a misunderstanding. The current client portal allows clients to view their invoices. Just be sure to add them as contacts too: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/900000-how-do-i-add-a-contact-to-a-client They can't see the project progress, something that is going to be fixed with the next release of the client portal. That will grant guest users in-app access. This is our #1 priority right now, so stay tuned! Kind regards, Marcel

Jelena J.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

My time and sanity saver!

I've increased my productivity with Paymo's Kanban board view, combined with Table view, and saved TONS of hours on admin, invoicing, timesheets, client and project management. Just this time saving alone pays off the monthly subscription. Sanity and nerves saving is the bonus! :) Why? Because Paymo helped me maintain good client relationships, timesheet transparency and great records&data representation for a client. So when a client comes up with a random question about a specific task, Paymo's records make finding (and presenting) a specific information or record so much easier, transparent and more reliable.

Pros

Paymo has been a lifesaver in many business management areas: project management, client management, time tracking, accounting. With built-in budgeting, time tracking, expense tracking, estimate calculations, professional invoicing and getting paid online (and on time!), different project 'views' (list, table, board for kanban, gantt), extensive filters, dashboard and insights, resource scheduling,...

Cons

I wish the app was just a little bit faster, but I read somewhere that they already have this improvement on their roadmap. Still, if you ask me, it's totally worth the wait for every new feature and improvement their team is cooking for us :)

Thank you, Jelena <3 Speed improvements are already something that we're addressing. Stay tuned for more goodies such as a task calendar view, improved mobile app with team collaboration features and guest access. Cheers, Marcel

Marianela F.

Chemicals, 51-200 employees

Paymo represents agility in the execution of projects and quality assurance.

Paymo is an effective platform, which does not require a learning curve on the part of the people who use it, in addition to the fact that many business rules associated with the execution of projects are already implemented. On the other hand, we have visibility for the prioritization of tasks, the notification to the participants of each activity, and in general, Paymo can grow based on the needs and projects that our organization can handle.

Pros

Paymo focuses on providing a simple and efficient platform, with the implementation of those functionalities that really generate value, in addition to offering a fairly complete Dashboard for generating reports and useful information for stakeholders. With Paymo we keep our work team focused, in addition to having the mobile APP to be able to record progress directly from where we are, in real time,...

Cons

Paymo has demonstrated that it meets the objectives of any project, and they are precisely: being able to offer visibility for the fulfillment of each and every one of the tasks, also guarantees that team members have delivery dates at hand and can report the advances, considering the participation of multiple projects, however, it may be that for more complex projects in which team management, use of tools and acquisition of supplies for execution are required, project managers require other complementary tools such as sheets calculation to manage what we cannot detail from the software itself, however this does not apply to all projects and may or may not be a limitation in many service areas related to traditional activity tracking.

Jessica D.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Paymo makes coordinating projects and tasks easy

We have complete control over all of our projects, both active and dormant, which allows us to give our clients nothing but the highest quality results.

Pros

The Time-Tracking functionality is what ultimately led us to select Paymo. With Paymo, we can easily keep track of our time spent on each client's and each project's work, as well as generate time reports. When necessary, we can send out invoices that can be paid with PayPal, regardless of whether the customer is a registered Paypal user or not.

Cons

I wish there were more visual formatting options for estimates and invoices. As a designer, I know how crucial it is to pay close attention to detail, and I'd appreciate it if my bills and estimates reflected that.

FU

Faruk U.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

Design Office

Pros

It has a simple interface and I can easily plan our projects and track the tasks even if I am not a professional project manager. It does not complicate the user's work with unnecessary details.

Cons

Since the billing system is not integrated with the local electronic billing system, it cannot be a fluent billing tool. However, Paymo serves us very well even without using this feature.

Tichaona Redemptor R.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Paymo is designed to meet the needs of small and medium-sized businesses

My overall experience with Paymo is that it is a useful and comprehensive software for managing projects, time tracking, invoicing, and billing. It has many features that can help freelancers and small businesses to plan, execute, and deliver their work efficiently and accurately.

Pros

Paymo helps you automate your invoicing process by setting up recurring invoices, late payment reminders, and thank you notes.

Cons

It does not have a native mobile app, only a web app that is not very responsive on small screens.

MF

Matt F.

Computer Software, self-employed

Best Time Tracking & Management Software

I've tried multiple time and task management products. Paymo has by far the best feature set for the price. It's not to complicated & the support is great. You get a task board, a solid UI, a great calendar that displays when tasks were done & it allows you to easily adjust those entries. By far my favorite tool for tracking tasks across multiple clients & the time spent.

Pros

Quick & easy to get started & great support. Managing tasks & time is awesome with Paymo. I am a huge fan of the calendar views. They have a great set of filters & tweaks you can make to the views. They also offer a great kanban board.

Cons

Invoices could be improved a bit but they're ok. I do need to spend some time learning more about how to build invoices with Paymo.

Appreciate the support, Matt! :) We've just launched the possibility to copy/paste a time entry inside the Timesheets area - be sure to check it out. Btw: a new, task calendar view it's on its way soon, so stay tuned!! As for the invoicing part, you can turn your timesheet data into an invoice or create one from scratch in multiple languages. Read our help page for a step-by-step guide: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/collections/34542-invoices Or write us at support@paymoapp.com

IG

Ilan G.

Design, self-employed

Software that surves me as a freelance individual for years.

I use Paymo since it's the first version. Back those days I used the Paymo Plus desktop app, recording absolutely everything I do on my computer. By the end of the day, I reorganized everything. It helped me to find "holes" in my schedule, where I spent too much time on social networks and the internet. Today I plan my week, I collect data about my tasks, searching where can I improve myself. I see how many clients do I have since I started freelancing. All of them there! I manage who is an important client, which one is the most paying one. I often use Timesheets set to a weekly view, so I can see how much I busy this week. A homepage quickly shows all my tasks and a dashboard helps me to see my progress.

Pros

Paymo can serve big companies with a large number of users and departments. For me as an individual, Paymo is one place for managing my clients, projects, task, and time. One of the first and absolutely necessary things for me as a freelancer is good, simple to use time management tool. Paymo has an implemented live timer that is connected to all my tasks and projects of a specific client. Not less...

Cons

Actually, Paymo has more features I'm sure I would use, like Gantt Chart, or Invoices, though this feature costs extra $19.95 per month and I prefer not to pay for it since it's not so necessary for my business.

Hi Ilan, Appreciate the kind words :) You must be on an old plan, as Invoices are now available under the Small Office plan ($11.95/user/mo) and Gantt Charts under the Business one ($18.95/user/mo).

Frank v.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Constantly improving

Flexible and suitable for a lot of different projects. We gained a lot of insight through the visual data overviews. Tool is constantly improving: new features, upgrades, interface changes for the better. The customer service was friendly and personal. Paymo and DataFeedWatch are my two favorite customer teams. Definitly recommended!

Pros

- Great, flexible project management tool - perfectly scalable - a lot of features and handy shortcuts (saved project lists etc.) - provides a lot of insights per project and client - Very friendly and personal customer service. - Good value for the money

Cons

- Clients did not always get the tool instantly. But recent UX changes could make it easier for them - Communication with colleagues could get a bit chaotic, takes some time to implement in the workflow. - A lot of features requires good knowledye whats the best way to use the tool, so definitly assign someone to create a team workflow.

Hi Frank, Nicely worded, thank you! We're working on an improved client portal, with in-app access to guest users so they can contribute and view the project progress in real-time. Follow the thread for it here: https://community.paymoapp.com/t/in-progress-client-portal-collaboration/67/2 Onboarding-wise, the focus for 2020 is going to be on in-app tool tips and video tutorials. Hope this will help you! :)

AS

Anne S.

Design, 1-10 employees

I could not run my business without Paymo!

I felt like I was drowning with random to-do lists and notes all over my office when I started my business. Now I know where to look for everything, and items are much less likely to fall through a crack. I have also had excellent and prompt experiences with customer service. Whenever I have had an issue, they stick with me until the problem has been solved!

Pros

Task creation and time tracking remotely are essential tools I use daily for my business. I appreciate that it integrates with my accounting software and is easy to train others to use. Running a small business is challenging, and Paymo helps me keep on track and organized.

Cons

I do wish I could integrate some tasks into my Google or ICal. Meetings would be great if they could show up there, and I wouldn't have to input the information in two places. I don't want all of my daily tasks, but I would love site visits, out-of-office, or meetings to show up in both areas.

Jack Joseph B.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Easy. Organized. Effective.

With Paymo I am able to solve problems and experience benefit. With the project tab I am able to see all of my projects, whether they be complete, inactive, archived, etc. I am also able to view tasks and task lists in different ways that allow me to effectively organize and plan my work day. Invoicing has become easier, as I am able to assign a client to an invoice and have it sent directly to the client's email address. Since my business is mostly run by rates, Paymo's time tracking feature along with the app helps me effectively track my time to charge my clients with the most accurate price. This also helps me with time sheets and time reporting, allowing me to plan for future clients to completely maximize profit.

Pros

Paymo's seamless design makes project management easy. With a simple menu sideline, it is easy to access all that your business needs to run in an organized and efficient manner. It is easy to add users, manage your subscription plan, view and add clients. Paymo's project tab is where you can view, manage, and assign projects and tasks to any user. Collaboration is EASY. And I love Paymo's Accounting tab also. Invoicing, expense input, estimates, and even recurring invoicing has never been simpler. I like how I was able to start with the free plan, then once my business grew I was able to easily switch to a more expansive plan.

Cons

I wish that I could have used more invoices in the free plan, just to grow my business a little bit more before spending more, but I am loving the subscription plan I am on at the moment.

Glad to know that you're enjoying the full suite of Paymo, Jack :) We're working on a few goodies, like an improved client portal, a calendar task view, and a new mobile app release. So stay tuned!

FK

Florian K.

Graphic Design, 11-50 employees

Our Agency-Backbone

A good piece of software that keeps on getting better and better with a very quick and friendly support.

Pros

Many useful features: Paymo supports all of our workflows with ease.

Cons

Downtimes during working hours, sometimes the paymo interface is slow. I would like to have templates for tasks.

Hi Florian, Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it. We're constantly working on improving the speed and user experience. Please note that you can use project templates and also duplicate your tasks if needed. For more details, please contact our support team.

Ayman S.

Construction, 10,001+ employees

Utilizing paymo Now is a great time to track your projects.

Simplify the project follow-up and control process as much as possible. All members of the work team now have the opportunity to do so, because by assigning priority to each member of the team, all project priorities will be determined in the end, and following them will be a simple process that does not demand considerable effort.

Pros

Paymo streamlines the process of tracking multiple projects at once, allowing for effective and efficient project monitoring and follow-up on multiple activities in a professional manner, where you can easily find all required tasks, as well as all data and information pertaining to any of your projects. One of the leading ideas in project management is the participation principle, in which all members...

Cons

Overall, I don't think there's anything I don't like about the application; it's easy to use and understand for all members of the team, and it applies novel display strategies.

Hi Ayman, Thank you for the kind words, although we don't have any risk analysis reports :D