Paymo Logo

Paymo Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend8.92/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

As for timer, it's dominating your screen, so it saves me from distractions of all kinds. Overall, what I like the best about this software is the blend of simplicity and feature-rich functionality.

JV

Jovana V.

Paymo is a combination of some kind of CRM and PM tool. It's good we can track budgets and payments, and also great integration with slack.

Dmitry V.

Easy to implement and to use. I can add as many projects as I want, tasks, view these in different formats, and never undercharge again thanks to the awesome time tracker.

CS

Catalina S.

As for its negative side, it should be taken into account that paymo does not track the cost of each project directly on the fly.

Andrew M.

The filters can get confusing, sometimes its to many filters or not enough.

KK

Kimberly K.

This buffers a lot and has many technical errors.

AM

Trello-logocaret

Trello

BQE CORE Suite-logocaret

BQE CORE Suite

How would you rate Paymo?

Can't live without it now.

Really pleased with customer support!

Pros

I've always done freelance work and tried to track my time on Excel. No more. I love being able to track my time to the minute on projects and tasks with Paymo, then have those timesheets translate automatically into invoices which I can then send directly to my clients. Also helps me see what I'm spending my time on. Although I've barely scratched the surface of its functionality, it's become a necessity (and a luxury) now that I've gone full-time freelance.

Cons

I'd like to be able to drag-and-drop tasks, projects, etc. (if only because I may have set them up incorrectly in the first place). That's not available yet.

You GO, Joanne! If you want to move already existing tasks from one project to another, you have this option: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/article/can-i-move-tasks-to-another-project-1gtfxl4/ We've also redesigned the task area so you can access the full task details by just clicking on a task :D We hope you like it!

Paymo Review

Very positive and efficient. Would definitely recommend to others in the industry.

Pros

Very User friendly and efficient in terms of hour and task breakdowns.

Cons

Too many categories. Sometimes I get lost when trying to input my time.

Hi Vy, Thank you for giving us a review! Not sure what you mean with "too many categories" - can you be more specific? If you're referring to modules, then here's a video on how to enable only those that you want to use: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAwY7m3I_kw

Growing with Paymo

We are able to clearly see where our staff hours are being spent, against which clients and projects.

Pros

Paymo suited our business need to manage both time and projects. Its simplicity was a key reason for opting to choose Paymo over the masses of other tools available. Paymo has improved and grown during the last 2 years, introducing new tools that have demonstrated the companies willingness to listen to their users and add functions and improve current functionality

Cons

Unable to 'repeat' projects, at the touch of a button, always have to re-enter all the details, even if the project repeats.

Hey Darren, Indeed, we don't have recurring projects for now. Have you tried saving the project as a template, then pasting it when a new, similar one comes up? Here's how to do it: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/2922772-how-do-i-use-project-templates Hope it helps!

First Class Application for Electronic Engineering Consulting Business

Top notch with excellent and very responsive customer service (technical and general queries)

Pros

We have been using Paymo for more than 10 years in our electronic engineering consulting business. We love the way we can set up multiple projects with multiple tasks per project and track time per project and task, and then use the invoicing system to invoice our clients. We often work on multiple projects simultaneously and without it we would not be able to work as effectively or track our time as accurately. It also allows us to analyze our effectiveness and enables us to more accurately quote on future projects. Intuitive interface and easy to use

Cons

We have no negative comments about Paymo

Thank you Howard for all your support over the years!! *crying internally of joy*

Lightweight and easy-to-use time management app

I'm using Paymo mostly for time tracking, but it is also great to have reports ranging back for years and I love to have all the statistics easily accessible. Paymo has become an invaluable part of my daily business life.

Pros

I love the ease of use when it comes to time tracking. I usually jump between projects and the app makes it really easy to switch between jobs. The 5-min idle time reminder is great as well.

Cons

At first there were too few options for project statuses, but as the software evolved, this feature was added. At this point I don't really have any issues with the software.

Koeszi Csaba, for the review! You can in fact customize the idle time detection to be however long you want :) Btw, we've just launched a new feature that lets you copy/paste time entries under timesheets, check it out! Thank you, Marcel

Its pretty nice to project manage once you get the hang of it. I dont have administrator access but it is just what I need to do my job.

Pros

I really enjoy the way you can see how much time is allocated to a task. And how easy it is to pull a report for a project.

Cons

The filters can get confusing, sometimes its to many filters or not enough..

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, Kimberly :) Can you write us at support@paymoapp.com about the filter issue? We're more than glad to look into it. Cheers, Marcel

An easy to use and intuitive PM platform

Wonderful! I can't speak highly enough about the platform and would recommend any company especially in the creative industry to have a look at them and give it a try.

Pros

Paymo is intuitive and designed in a way that fosters easy adoption. Some PM software that I have used is very intimidating and Paymo has made adoption very easy at our office.

Cons

There were a few features that I yearned for early on but the Paymo team listens to its users and they have grown a ton over the last 4 years that we have been with them. Be vocal about what you need and if it is a shared concern across the users it will be addressed! If it is a little more niche then you typically need a different system to handle it.

Thank you for the feedback, Matt, happy to know that the interface is easy to adopt :)

Paymo has a cool widget

Time tracking is a matter of discipline. Paymo is easy enough to use on a daily base, I had little to no trouble on adapting to the habit.

Pros

The Paymo setup is quite easy and transparent. In order to customize it for our needs, I found out that I could perhaps manipulate the hierarchy of clients / projects / task lists / tasks. Before doing so, I checked with their Support desk (live chat!) to make sure I wouldn't run into problems later on. So now, we have a structure that fits our needs pretty well. The application allows for many views (tables!) and reports.

Cons

For managing a team, it would be nice to have options to save filters, so that you can quickly jump from one view to another. Some views are a bit too bland, making me feel a little lost on where to go.

Excellent Project Management Software!

I have been using Paymo for about a year now and it has changed my productivity for the better. As a Freelance PA/Project Manager I work for different companies so it is imperative that I can track my time spent on different projects and tasks. Paymo does this easily and with no fuss. Paymo is easy to set up and use. The free trial is perfect for trying out Paymo. I did just that initially and was...

Pros

Initial free trial. Easy to set up and use. Easy to customise. Easy to track time. Easy to invoice clients. Reporting option available. Excellent customer service, fast to respond and very helpful.

Cons

I can't think of anything.

Great Product Must Have

Being able to track the hours and what project goes to which client has been so helpful.

Pros

As a graphic designer who needs to keep track of hours, I have always been able to depend on Paymo to keep accurate track of my time. Being able to send the data to my clients is a plus.

Cons

I had some issues with the desktop app so I started using it directory from the site to track time.

Hey Danielle, Glad that we can help you with time tracking The desktop widget is stable, you can go ahead and download the latest version here: https://www.paymoapp.com/downloads-and-integrations/ Good news, the web timer is going to be updated as well - so stay tuned!

Paymo is an invaluable tool for Law Firms.

Pros

It allows our clients to know the time we dedicate to each of their cases. Clients can review the expenses generated by their affairs. The Law Firm knows how much time we dedicate to the affairs of each of our clients, and allows us to detect how complicated or simple an issue is. We can assign new lawyers to each case in a simple and intuitive way. The reports are easy to read and of great quality for our clients. Its mobile tools are simple to use. The software for the computer is simple and intuitive. It has plans and prices that are adapted for each work team.

Cons

Some sections are not translated completely into Spanish, as is the case of Team Scheduling, but this has met all our expectations.

Hi Juan Pablo, We're currently working on improving the translations and we're rewarding users that help. For more details, please get in touch with us by using the in app help button.

Monopolize you cause you can't export ANYTHING easily

Would NOT recommend it to anyone who has even the slightest of "outside the box" process for projects or billing/invoices.

Pros

Yet another system that after several months of use only did what we needed it too at 75% of the way, then AFTER buying into the "huge discount" and special they had going, did I find out they do not allow refunds at all! If you put ANY data into the system and ever need to export it for any reasons ...find a data entry person and hope you didn't enter a lot of information because unless you are a...

Cons

Can't export anything unless you have a developer standing bye. System is very "inside the box" thinking even after being told it would easily do what I had explained that I needed it to do support seems to take longer than usual and they are quick to respond with an answer that has NOTHING to do with what you originally asked (bots maybe?!?!) Can't get a refund, no matter how many lies they told you to make the sale in the first place!!!

Hi Cameron, Sorry to see you disappointed. Our goal is to help you improve the way you work, not to sell you on something. Indeed, you can export client, project, user lists, as well as time reports in csv format - invoices and Gantt Charts are available in PDF only. However, due to the fact that there's no standardised data structure for project management data, the only practical way to export it is via our API. And no, we're no bots, and don't force anyones hand to make a sale.

Paymo for start-ups

I started a business earlier this year. My budget was very tight, but I also knew what I needed in terms of a time tracking app. I searched around for a free app, and found Paymo after trying a few others first. Paymo was the easiest to start using immediately and had the functionalities I needed. Even the free version of it had what I was looking for. Actually, the app gave me more than I was...

Pros

1. Functionality - it has everything you need 2. The support is outstanding and fast 3. It is simple to use and to figure out 4. Allows me to add my own logo to reports 5. Allows me to add time manually 6. Allows me to show exactly what I am busy with

Cons

It may very well be my own fault for not going through any tutorials, but the only draw-back of the app (it could also be due to me using the free version) is that I have to delete the project each week so that the report will look as I want it to in terms of the hours. What would make things easier for me (this could also be my own fault for not checking a tutorial) is if I did not need to add new tasks in weekly because I delete last week's project for reporting purposes. Please excuse me if this is my own fault - it could be, so don't take my word for it as far as the cons go!

Paymo Review--difficult to learn, but once you do, beneficial.

Overall, I think it's going to be very beneficial for our company. I'm still getting used to all the features and navigating what will work best for our unique situation, but all the diverse functionalities of Paymo make me believe that whatever we want the software to do, we can make it happen.

Pros

Time tracking and comments. The time tracking makes payroll and time management much easier and the comments section make it to where communication can be very much like social media in the threads and everything is contained within the project. It makes it easier to stay organized. The customer service is also incredible. Very helpful and VERY fast which helped me learn the software quicker. I was also very thankful for the video tutorials on the website.

Cons

The learning curve. There are many many customizable functions which is great but having never used it before, it was difficult to navigate all the options. It might be best to have a short questionnaire right when you purchase the program that asks what you are going to use it for...maybe rating a few things in order of importance, size of business, what you do, etc. and there can be a default setup that lets you customize as you go without having to make so many decisions up front? But I know each business is so different. Which makes this software great for almost any company. Just a little overwhelming at first.

Best Project Management + Timekeeper App!

Overall the experience has been great. Their system is consistent and stable and has never failed me in 5+ years.

Pros

When I started with Paymo I needed a solid timekeeper app for my client work. They were a great option so I went with them and eventually started using more project management features. Today Paymo is an essential part of my work from timekeeping, project + client management & invoicing.

Cons

I never really had any dislikes with the software, it really fulfilled everything I needed and currently need with it's features!

Thank you, Isaac! An improved client portal with in-app access users is something we're actively developing, so stay tuned!

Paymo was my solution

I have had a very good experience. meets what I need perfectly. I see that they are always updating, adding or improving the functionalities, and the support is always good, with quick responses.

Pros

the widget! I can track time perfectly in all projects. I can make invoices automatic for each client without losing any hour.

Cons

I have nothing to dislike about the application. there are many functionalities which I don't use. so I don't know if they work as I would expect.

Happy to know that we've automated invoices for you and made your job less stressful *hug*

Great for Monitoring Productivity

Paymo is great for tracking our team's productivity and making sure that we keep on track with numerous projects.

Pros

Paymo is a great tool for keeping track of project work and team efficiency.

Cons

Switching between projects/tasks in the smaller window can be fiddly. Also having to click start/stop twice each time is a little frustrating.

Thank you for your thoughts, Joanna! If you're minimizing the web browser window, be sure to collapse the menu and second column for more screen space. You can also track time manually or use PaymoPlus, our automatic time tracker that sits in your background and tracks activities on your behalf :) Try it out: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/888726-what-is-paymo-plus

Excellent time recording / analysis tool that has always been good, and is still getting better.

Great visibility of where time is being spent, including analysis of time write-offs, job profitability and staff productivity levels.

Pros

Paymo is easy to use in configuration, time recording and reporting. It's a great solution for scheduling and recording staff and subcontractor time.

Cons

Paymo is attempting to make the transition from a time recording utility to a full-blown project management tool. In this regard it has a way to go, so it's sort of caught in the middle at the moment. I've made a couple of attempts to work with the auto-time recorder, but have given up each time (but that's possibly more related to the fragmented nature of my work - your mileage may vary.

I've been using Paymo for 1 year now. It is of great help - easy to use and very friendly interface.

Fantastic added-value to my business.

Pros

It is one of the most friendly timekeeping software I've ever used. Although I do not use all its functions (e.g. accounting), it has proven to be a "must-have" for my professional activity. I really appreciate customer support - all queries addressed over time have received prompt and useful response. The price is competitive and the budget options provided are highly appreciated. I warmly recommend the software. I also love the option to fill-in time both bulk (e.g., 2 hours) and by hours (12:00 - 14:00). My clients really appreciate this kind of transparecy.

Cons

It would also be of great help if time reports could be exported in Word format (editable). This is not necessary a "con", but an improvement suggestion.

Timesheet and project admin

Good. Again, easy to use with minimal training

Pros

Ease of user interface, ability to see time spent on task, seeing how other's are performing on their task

Cons

nothing yet, still too new to the software to really see any issues as I mostly use the software for time management and project schedule.

Thank you, Stephanie :) We've just released a new time tracking feature: the ability to copy-paste a time entry inside the Timesheets area. Be sure to check it out!

Time Tracking, Invoicing, and More...All In One!

For a few years, I've been using Paymo and it has become an essential part of project management for our business. We're able to keep our project, client and time reports organized, as well as files and invoices...yes they offer an easy invoicing system that integrates with the tasks and projects created very well. So, they've been good to us and are constantly improving to keep up with the needs of their customers!

Pros

Everything I listed in my experience, as well as the other features like team collaboration (that we haven't tried yet, but are going to in the coming months)

Cons

Without the invoice add-on, you only have the option to create one invoice per month...I wish it were at least 2 :(

Can't imagine running my own business without it

Pros

I absolutely love Paymo Plus! I've never been able to work with stopwatch-like time trackers so having Paymo Plus run in the background tracking my time spent on client projects is amazing. It runs all the time and at the end of the day, I simply allocate the entries to my different client projects. And being able to not just check how much time I spent on a day, in a week, month or year, but also per project, client or task is priceless.

Cons

I don't use the task and project management features at all and the same goes for the invoicing. More specialised app are better for that.

Great software for time tracking and project and team management

I'm vera pleased to be a user since it was in beta. It has helped me in all theses years for adequate budget a control over my jobs.

Pros

Ease os use, excellent support. Lots of features. Always evolving.

Cons

Price in dollars. For other countries it can get expensive.

Thank you for all your support these years, Breno! They're 12 in total if I count correctly :D We're based in Europe too, so know the $USD struggle. Will see if we can add multi-currencies in the future :) Thank you, Marcel

One of my 'must haves'

As a freelance programmer I've tried and/or used a whole range of tracking and project management software over the past 20 years or so but Paymo has come as close to the perfect solution for me as I'm ever likely to find.

Pros

I use the Mac widget most of the time. I find logging in to online services irritating so Paymo is perfect. Everything goes in via the (unobtrusive widget) and I log in to the Paymo website maybe once or twice a month to create reports. The time tracking reports are very professional and easy to create.

Cons

I can't think of any other than maybe that it doesn't have a cup of coffee ready for me in the morning :)

Paymo is a great tool for management and tracking time on projects, and is very easy to pick up.

Pros

I liked how easy it is for a new user to pick the tool up and figure out how it works, and I like the visuals they use to show how much time you've worked/how you're splitting time between projects.

Cons

While it is easy to use, it's pretty lacking in features - other management and time tracking tools have more features (like easy ways to access documents, add detailed notes, etc.)

Hi, Just wanted to let you know that we integrate with Google Drive so you can add file to and from Google Drive account to your Paymo account. Also you can add task descriptions, comments, create topics/discussions etc.