Workamajig Logo

Project & workflow management for the creative industry

Workamajig Reviews

3.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend6.62/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

monday-com
kantata

We are a small company, but the system works well for us, and offers huge potential to grow as a company, a step in the right direction. Thank you to Workamajig and to the their amazing support team.
I frankly cannot think of a single type of project Workamajig couldn't be useful for. It great for handling huge amounts of data, sharing across platforms and automating workflow.
It performs lots of functions and integrates great with finance and allows seamless communication between team members.
Single worst piece of software I have ever had and I’m embarrassed that I was one of the biggest advocates to move to it. Designed for shops the churn out tasks, not full service marketing agencies.
The product suffers from an inability to focus, and tries to be all things to all people. The interface is really clunky and not intuitive.
Updating projects can be time consuming and human error with the interface has lead to scheduling errors.

Adam S.

Vice President, Innovation & Strategy

So-So Agency Software

Transcript

Adam S.: I'm Adam. I'm the chief strategy officer. I give Workamajig three out of five. For more reviews...

Destiny E.

Marketing Communications Director

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Workamajig is great for organizations whose projects have little-to-no flexibility

Transcript

Destiny: My name is Destiny, and I'm a communications director in higher education. And I give Workamajig...

51-200 employees

I use this daily, to keep the variety of projects and teams organized and on task.

Organization and time tracking on accounts.

Pros

The schedules make keeping my creative team on task, with the numerous projects running on the same time line. Diary makes communication a breeze between all team members in various office locations. Keeping our mechanical files in the project's file section makes keeping things organized a breeze.

Cons

Platinum updated version is taking some time to get used to, but should be fine after some time and practice.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are glad to hear WMJ is providing value to your firm and helping with organization. We have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips. Also, please let us know if your team would benefit from additional Platinum training at training@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

DL

Doug L.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Seems fine for what it does.

I am a stereotypical "End User". I just log in to enter my time towards the projects I work on. That seems easy enough, and the only real problem I ever encounter is when the account manager hasn't set up the project correctly. That usually just involves a short conversation with the account manager and they are able to quickly resolve it. In the Platinum version of Woramajig, the time entry feature is even more intuitive and the copy week function is a HUGE timesaver. My supervisors seem to enjoy the ease in pulling time spent on a completed project in order to forecast future similar projects. Overall, this is the best system for time entry I have used at a company, but my experience is very limited. It's much better than paper forms or Excel worksheets.

Pros

Web-based software makes it easy to access from any computer. Time entry is intuitive. Ability to copy weeks handy for longer projects. Ability to run reports on project time spent seems robust.

Cons

Seems very complicated overall. Ability to search on legacy version seems limited, Platinum seems to have fixed this.

BC

Brandon C.

I've used it across two different agencies for the past 8 years

Pros

When setup properly on the front end it can do a great job exporting status reports for our team, which is a task that would mean someone manually updating a spreadsheet if we didn't have workamajig.

Cons

It's project management input functions (diaries) are too linear. Wkmjg works great for simple jobs like print ads and radio scripts but when it comes to projects with a lot of parrallel tasks, moving at the same time, it doesn't compare to products like Basecamp. For instance, I could never use wkmjg to build a website (or any complex digital pieces) where I need to set deadlines for multiple disciplines...

Hi Brandon, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback as it helps us improve our product and user experience. Our team is happy to review issues and help streamline processes at support@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Public Relations and Communications, 51-200 employees

Workamajig is great for whole office comms

Pros

It is easy to communicate with people from all departments. The system allows everyone to have access to all parts of a project.

Cons

The learning curve. It takes a lot of getting used to before you can seamlessly use Workamajig.

We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear WMJ is delivering value to your team. As mentioned, WMJ is an integrated solution that allows all departments to communicate on projects. To ensure information flows correctly between the different modules, detailed set-up and implementation is imperative. We understand this can be time consuming in the beginning, but is meant to streamline processes moving forward. Please let us know if there is anything we can be of service with at support@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Ivan Team WMJ

Sam V.

Better Than C&P

Pros

I like how it's very easy to navigate and find out information you're looking for. But mostly, the billing process is so much more streamlined that Clients & Profits.

Cons

I really feel like a mobile version of Workamajig would be great!

Hi Sam, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are thrilled to hear you find the billing process streamlined and the interface easy to navigate. WMJ can be accessed on mobile devices by opening a safari or chrome browser on your phone/tablet then using your login url/platinum. Let us know if you have any questions regarding mobile access or other questions at support@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Ivan Team WMJ

James T.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Not great but not the worst either...

We use Workamajig where I work for project management. Now, I'm not a project manager, and I just use Workamajig to basically enter my time and expenses, and for whatever reason, these simple tasks just seem like a monumentally complex task in Workamajig. Luckily, our project managers are able to take the time to help me figure out exactly what I'm doing, because to me, it's an incredibly confusing system. I will say it's not the worst thing I've ever had to use as an employee. But for a very small team, it just seems like so much overkill to me.

Pros

Accessible on most any device. A lot of features.

Cons

Incredibly confusing to get acclimated to. The UI can be quite confusing.

Hi James, Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We'd love to do what we can to improve your experience. If you have any questions, or if you feel there are specific areas of timekeeping that can be simplified, please let us know at support@workamajig.com. We're here to help! Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Coty B.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

I would not recommend it

Not good, I need to start evaluating other solutions as I am not happy with this one. The amount of time that our account managers waste with this tool is very unproductive....

Pros

I like the idea of the tool being one stop shop for an agency, but in reality is so difficult to use and cumbersome that I would rather use several unrelated systems...

Cons

It is incredibly cumbersome and difficult to use, I wonder if Workamajic has done any user testing before putting out their new version, it's visually more appealing than the old one but doesn't follow a consistent logic and has too many steps.

Alphan G.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

WIP

Pros

Be able to see my hours in weekly overview. This way I get to see everything for that week at once.

Cons

Ease of use: UX and functionality. It seems like there are a lot of functionality to the app. But it's hard to explore it. Maybe an interactive documentation?

Hi Alphan, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips. Our team is also happy to address questions at support@workamajig.com Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Cory R.

51-200 employees

A comprehensive project management platform

Pros

I like that Workamajig has so many features. My team uses it for project management, proofing, estimating, and so many other things.

Cons

The expansive features can be a double-edged sword. As great as it is to have so many features, it's also a bit frustrating trying to navigate the platform. the onboarding process for this program is a massive undertaking.

Hello Cory, Thank you for sharing and we appreciate the feedback as we are continually working to better our user experience. We have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips. Our team is also happy to address questions at support@workamajig.com Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Travis M.

We workamajigging.

Pros

I like the Traffic Schedule in the Flash version so you can see your daily/weekly tasks along with your team members. Task Timers ARE THE BEST!!! You can bounce between timers as you work through your To Dos (just make sure you pause your current timer before switching tasks ;)

Cons

In the traffic schedule, I would like to be able to select specific people and not just departs. I don't always need to see the schedule of the whole design team, I just want to see one person.

JS

Josh S.

Media Planning

Overall, I find that the software is very easy to use. I use WMJ every day for several different parts of my job and have had no major issues that I can speak to. When things need to be tweaked or adjusted, I am able to get the proper support to make any adjustments that I need to.

Pros

I was a little slow to adjust from WMJ classic to Platinum, but the transition went great. Platinum is much easier to navigate through and from a Insertion/Broadcast order creation perspective, I have found that that things are laid out more clearly. From my perspective, it is much easier to use than previous versions. I also like the ability to copy line items for easy editing when creating orders and being able to create an order in the system.

Cons

When creating a broadcast/insertion order with several lines, the software can get a little bogged down. With lots of information being uploaded at once I can understand why, but sometimes things lag a bit. I also find that it's difficult to make revisions to orders. I understand that once orders are approved that things get locked in for billing purposes, but it can be tedious to make edits if adjustments need to be made.

Hi Josh, Thanks so much for leaving such a nice review! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Workamajig. -Reuben from Workamajig [: ]

DH

Dan H.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

It'll do what you need it to do.

We used two separate systems for accounting and project workflow, this was one of the few that pulled them together in a more native manner. If you want workflow software, there are many out there that are FAR better than this solution, and the same can be said for accounting software. But until Quickbooks-like solution or Basecamp-like products natively integrate, this is probably the next best thing.

Pros

One of the few solutions that connects time tracking, project management, fairly sophisticated accounting and billing, media contracts, utilization reporting, and more.

Cons

Its not intuitive. The products ease-of-use has improved with the latest version, Platinum, but its still not as intuitive as most main stream software. Users/managers of the product need some pretty specific knowledge of the software to get the most out of it.

Hi Dan, We appreciate your honest feedback, as it gives us the opportunity to continue to improve our product. We are happy to provide training on the new Platinum interface as well as review current processes for streamlining options. We also have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips. I will have you account manager follow-up. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Textiles, 1,001-5,000 employees

Extremely clunky

If you are looking for a project management tool I would strongly recommend looking elsewhere!

Pros

Workamajig has all of the core features you'd want in any project management tool. The implementation of those features on the other hand....

Cons

The user interface is downright terrible. It is clunky, it doesn't refresh when it is supposed to and the load times are extremely laggy. The software is also extremely buggy. I have had many instances where I have definitely entered data only to go back and find that what I entered was missing. It's hard to do anything with confidence when there are this many bugs!

Hi there, Thank you for your candid review of our product, as it helps us to continue to improv. Have you had an opportunity to check out the all new Workamajig Platinum Interface? We've completely rebuilt the product to be more responsive, intuitive and easier to navigate. There's no added costs for platinum and you can check it out at any time by simply adding /platinum to the end of your login url. We've also set up walk-throughs to help you navigate the new interface and can offer free training on the new apps. Please feel free to reach out with any questions at support@workamajig.com - we're here to help! Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

KC

Keagan C.

Public Relations and Communications, 11-50 employees

My Company is New to Workamajig Platinum

Pros

As a millennial with pretty decent technology navigation skills / understanding how to quickly and efficiently learn program to my needs, Workamajig is pretty user friendly. I am aware there are lots of paths of the program that I don't use, but those that I do are relatively easy to maneuver.

Cons

I don't think older generations have an easy time learning the program, then causing understanding problems within our company. Unless they are tech geniuses basically, I don't think this is a program that could just be inserted into a company without having knowledge/understanding gaps.

Hi Keagan, Thanks for taking the time to review our product! I'm glad to hear that you enjoy using Workamajig and are having an easy time of it. I'd love to understand a bit more which knowledge gaps you are referring to. We do offer personalized training and have built in walk-throughs that cover all the basic workflows. We are always looking to improve and I've asked our support team to follow up regarding the knowledge gaps you mentioned. As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions at support@workamajig.com. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

JW

Jim W.

Will Know More Soon

Pros

We have been on WMJ for about five years now and are in the process of moving from the legacy product to Platinum as well. We are also moving our accounting over to the platform beginning Jan 1st. Hoping Platinum makes the product better value for us then it has been.

Cons

Onboarding was extremely difficult and we never really got it set up the way it should be. We are doing a reboot with the move to Platinum.

Thank you for your feedback! Workamajig is designed to be an enterprise solution for creative firms taking the place of all other systems. To ensure information flows correctly between the different modules, detailed set-up and implementation is imperative. We understand this can be time consuming and want to aide in a smooth transition to Platinum for your team. We are happy to offer complimentary training on the new interface and we have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips. I will have our training team follow-up to get a session scheduled. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Pretty good and a definite improvement over the old system

Pros

We previously had separate systems for project management, timers for time sheets, time sheet entry, and tracking sales and prospects. With Workamajig it lets us do everything in one place. No more having 4 or 5 different websites or applications open at once.

Cons

The flash version constantly freezes for me. This generally wouldn't be a problem as they're moving away from the flash version anyways, but there are issues with the new Platinum version. Meetings are moving around or disappearing without a user making those decisions. When stopping a timer it will occasionally record that you've been working for negative time or just 0 out.

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad to hear WMJ has provided an integrated solution for your team. We would like to make your experience better by investigating the issues you are having with the calendar and timer. Our support team is waiting to help at support@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Ivan Team WMJ

CS

Caitlyn S.

Design, 11-50 employees

Pros

I like that you can create a bunch of different job needs (estimates, time sheets, etc) all in one system.

Cons

I struggle with the new format because i have to go into a bunch of windows to get one piece of info and then exit and then go back through the process when i have to update something again. I spend more time going through the windows than working on the job. The calendar job start and end dates are absolutely infuriating. Every time i change one date, others change. it will even change the logic option (must start on, must end on) on me, which doesn't make sense. Our projects are so different, i just want to be able to put whatever dates I want without the system trying to correct me.

Hi Caitlyn, Thank you for taking the time to review our product, your feedback is important to us. I'm glad to hear that having everything in one system has been a benefit to you. There are available solutions to the specific issues you mentioned and we'd love to help you resolve them but don't want to get too granular on this thread. Your account manager will be reaching out to you shortly. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

az

abraham z.

Workamajig does it all

Pros

I like that it let's you integrate all aspects of the business. From finance to scheduling. It has lots of capabilities in one package.

Cons

Figuring out how to use all the features is not so straight forward. It takes a lot of research to learn how to do certain functionalities such as setting up tasks lists for users.

Hi Abraham, Thank you for your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to continue to improve our product. As you mentioned, Workamajig is designed to be an enterprise solution for creative firms taking the place of all other systems. To insure information flows correctly between the different modules, detailed set-up and implementation is imperative. We understand this can be time consuming. We have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips. Our team is also happy to address questions at support@workamajig.com Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

TB

Tony B.

JIG

Pros

JIG provides reasonable daily schedule management.

Cons

Flash, Flash, Flash. The name of the product is silly really. I am a little embarrassed when a client asks what we use.

Hi Tony, Thank you for taking the time to review our product. Have you had an opportunity to check out the all new Workamajig Platinum Interface? We've completely rebuilt the product to be more responsive, intuitive and easier to navigate and have already rolled this out for most users. There's no added costs for platinum and you can check it out at any time by simply adding /platinum to the...

LK

Lauren K.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

User friendly and used agency-wide

We mostly use this system for job numbers, budgets and estimating/invoicing. It performs best for us in those key areas.

Pros

Its user friendly for budgets, teams and schedules. The dashboard allows you to see how things are tracking to budget and if you are in the green or red of projects. Only downside to this is it requires that people do their timesheets on time. :)

Cons

Really time consuming to estimate hours, assign staff and create timelines in this system. In the world of advertising, things change, so I'm hoping WMG rolls out a system to make scheduling more efficient so it's less time consuming.

Hi Lauren, Thank you for taking the time to review our product.I'm happy to hear that our product has helped your team with budgeting. Please feel free to reach out with any questions at support@workamajig.com, we're here to help! Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

My Review

If I didn't have to use it at work, then I would never otherwise use it. The extreme lack of design seriously hampers the software.

Pros

Being able to update my timesheet from anywhere

Cons

Being in flash, the awkwardness of the windows, and the extreme lack of design make it a very clunky program to use.

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. I'd like to improve your experience with our product. Have you had an opportunity to check out the all new Workamajig Platinum Interface? We've completely rebuilt the product to be more responsive, intuitive and easier to navigate and have already rolled this out for most users. There's no added costs for platinum and you can check it out at any time by simply adding /platinum to the end of your login url. We've also set up walk-throughs to help you navigate the new interface and can offer free training on the new apps. Please feel free to reach out with any questions at support@workamajig.com. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

MP

Mark P.

A review

Pros

In Platinum, you can star specific tasks, which helps to organize your day and keep track of what you should be working on.

Cons

Platinum requires more clicks to do the same thing (like 100%ing tasks), and I frequently couldn't figure out how to do certain things after my experience with Classic. Classic frequently bugs out and requires a refresh (and logging in again).

Hi Mark, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience; the areas that work well and the ones we can improve upon. We are happy to offer complimentary training to aide our clients in transitioning from Classic to Platinum. We also have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips. Our training team is happy to get a review scheduled at training@workamajig.com Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

JB

Jose B.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Workamajig is as powerful as it is complicated

Workamajig makes it easy to track your project. It seems to track everything from start to delivery. But I feel that our organization isn't using it to it's full potential. For instance, I don't use it to estimate projects. We use excel for that. it seems like I should be using it from start to finish and not just to enter my time and write PO's. I wish we knew it completely, we could really tap into it's power. I would love it if it was as intuitutive as an Apple product.

Pros

I like that how all the functions thread together. Platinum has a better interface than the old version that some people in our office uses. Once you have a handle on the software you can unlock a lot of it's potential.

Cons

It can be complicated sometimes. It is not as intuitive as I would like, so I need to ask a more seasoned user how to execute PO search functions, etc., and even then it can be trial and error.

AL

Abby L.

Workamajig Review by Daily User

We have had some issues with sales tax setup that we continue to work with Workamajig to address.

Pros

It's a robust software that allows for both accounting, project management and collaboration. We like that we can access it from any device.

Cons

We have had some issues come up and when our team has contacted support, we have not gotten the answers we needed. This has become a source of frustration.

Hi Abby, Thank you for taking the time to review our product. It's great to hear how our product has helped you. Please feel free to reach out with any questions at support@workamajig.com, we're here to help! Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [:

RV

Randy V.

Powerful

Really easy to learn, DB access and APIs make integrations and extension much easier.

Pros

SQL Database backend makes advanced customization possible

Cons

It is too hard to conceal cost rates from most users. We've never been able to use any sort of profitability reporting, because it was too easy for almost any user to reverse engineer what anyone else in the company was getting paid.

Hi Randy, Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig. I'm glad your enjoying our product, and I'd like to improve your experience. To limit users from accessing this payroll information, you can simply set the security rights to hide labor costs. Please see the attached link for a step by step guide. http://help.workamajig.com/faq-accounting$EmployeeCost Your account manager will be reaching out to you directly in case you need assistance in getting this set up. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]