Workamajig Reviews

3.77/5 (243 reviews)

Shelley (Carter) Farro

Great Project Management & CRM Software for Mid-Sized Agencies

Reviewed 2018-10-26

Overall I really like this software and would highly recommend it to any small to mid-sized agency that needs help to organize their project flow, tracking, client and vendor communications/task tracking/follow up and A/R or A/P.Workamajig helps our brand management agency track all necessary project information in one central location. Everything can be documented, from tasks to meetings, time entry, creative briefs, project proofs, PO's and invoicing. It is fairly easy to use. Also it is great for looking up projects from the past and creating new dockets based on the structure of past projects. Because Workamajig is web-based it provides a very user-friendly interface for team members no matter where they are located. Project home pages can be customized by each user, so they can show or hide a dashboard that features what is most important to them based on their role or how they work. Access rights and privileges are easy to assign as well.

Bill Whitehead

A valuable tool that helps keep track of project schedules and milestones geared to creatives.

Reviewed 2018-01-15

an overview of projects and their due dates organized by tasks. No longer in flash, it is an elegant design that is easy to read. The customer support is good. They work with you and often bugs are fixed. Projects are clearly sorted by deadline.

Brandon Corley

I've used it across two different agencies for the past 8 years

Reviewed 2018-01-09

When setup properly on the front end it can do a great job exporting status reports for our team, which is a task that would mean someone manually updating a spreadsheet if we didn't have workamajig.

Terri DeVault

Reviewed 2018-10-26

Overall, my experience with Workamajig has been great. If there is something that I feel would make my life easier, they send it to the engineers who review, and add to the next update. If I have special reports that I need, but cannot figure out on my own, they create them for me. They have helped walk me step by step through the process from day one, and have made many updates and improvements to the software along the way that has been beneficial.Workamajig is easy to set up, easy to use, and easy to train new employees. You can jump in using everything or ease in using different applications. The training staff is great at answering questions, and they are very helpful in getting set up, and walking you through various changes as your business changes and grows.

Ryan Gast

Worka-meh-jig

Reviewed 2018-08-10

I try to use it as little as possible. From an interface that makes me pray that future generations never see it, for fear of embarrassment, to a completely average list of features, most of which are completely useless to me, I find workamajig is best and perhaps only suited as a time entry and billing platform. Strip it of all the bloated nonsense and I think you have a much better product.Budget tracking. Time management. That it can serve as a single source for the entire length of a project, making it easy to track progress over time and locating assets from as far back as the beginning.

Allison White

As a Workamajig Admin I am extremely impressed with it's ability to help manage projects.

Reviewed 2018-01-11

Workamajig is a fantastic solution for a Marketing Project Management tool. It allows the Project Manager and subsequent teams to manage projects with ease while also interacting with billing, time tracking, and overall profitability analysis. I love Workamajig's User Interface. After using various Project Management softwares in my day, Workamajig Platinum User Interface is easy to navigate and has an extremely successful adaptation for users. I also love the ability to customize workflows, add in additional deliverables based on the approval cycle, and communicate with other team members within the system.

Rachel Digman

14+ years using WMJ

Reviewed 2018-10-29

From dealing with customer service to upgrades to the software over the years the overall experience has been exceptional. I work on the Finance side but whats wonderful that it doesn't matter which piece of the software you go in to, the layout and functionalities throughout are consistent. In a small office under 20 sometimes people only touch parts of the software or their roles cross, the customization that WMJ offers to be able to handle the crossover in security and viewing ability makes this feasible. Being able to leverage the ability to look at financials by client/campaign/project and then report on efficiency and profitability is important to our management​ team.The ability to integrate our CRM, time tracking, project management​, and accounting to leverage the ability to look at our leading and lagging KPIs to be profitable.

Anonymous

Workamajig is an excellent project management tool plus more!

Reviewed 2018-10-26

I can't get into specifics on how our company uses Workamajig due to confidentiality reasons, but I will say the Workamajig team whether it is the leadership, support or engineering team is definitely a Class A organization. They put forth the time and effort to support their customers which is priceless in todays environment!What I like most about this software is the ease of use for the admin functionality. When the business comes for updates, its easy to come up with a solve and address their business needs. We have expanded Workamajig use in so many facets of the business. Due to this and the automation that can be set up with other applications we are taking efficiency to the next level.

Dan Hansen

It'll do what you need it to do.

Reviewed 2018-10-26

We used two separate systems for accounting and project workflow, this was one of the few that pulled them together in a more native manner. If you want workflow software, there are many out there that are FAR better than this solution, and the same can be said for accounting software. But until Quickbooks-like solution or Basecamp-like products natively integrate, this is probably the next best thing.One of the few solutions that connects time tracking, project management, fairly sophisticated accounting and billing, media contracts, utilization reporting, and more.

Long time user

Reviewed 2018-08-16

This is the third agency I've used Jig at. Every place has it set up different but the pain points I mentioned above are consistent at each place. I haven't seen the platform evolve much over time, I can't believe there isn't a calendar integration yet or a mobile app. Timesheet capabilities. I don't use it for much else at this point, I use Outlook Tasks to keep track of what you call "my activities".

Anonymous

Great for timesheets, but steep learning curve

Reviewed 2018-11-09

Easy to track and change time for projects.

Jennifer Salvatore

We selected this tool to streamline our agency functions, increasing efficiency and productivity.

Reviewed 2018-04-18

Project management software tool specific to the advertising agency structure and workflow. Integration of all the necessary parts from beginning (new client, new project) to end (billing). Monthly updates. They listen to users' feedback and make updates in response.

Jessica Horst

Great if set up right - Platinum needs help

Reviewed 2018-10-26

As a project manager it's been very useful in keeping project information all in one place. I've worked at another ad agency who didn't chose to have Workamajig help custom tailor the system to them and it failed miserably. That's not the case here and it works well.It's easy to navigate and find what you're looking for.

Keagan Coop

My Company is New to Workamajig Platinum

Reviewed 2018-10-26

As a millennial with pretty decent technology navigation skills / understanding how to quickly and efficiently learn program to my needs, Workamajig is pretty user friendly. I am aware there are lots of paths of the program that I don't use, but those that I do are relatively easy to maneuver.

KRISTEN GANDOLFO

Workamajig is fine until we find something better

Reviewed 2018-11-05

You need to make sure you have a trainer who understands the software. We have not in the past and it's incredibly frustrating to have a training session with someone who is guessing their way around the software ... again, this shows how the program is NOT user friendly. I like being able to track projects within the software and the diary/conversation portion of the project to see where things were left if a project becomes stagnant.

One of the only ways to gain a 360 degree view of your business

Reviewed 2018-11-02

We have used Workamajig for over a decade. We first used it for its time management and project management functions, but then we transferred our accounting onto Workamajig and now have a complete dashboard for our business. Workamajig is a fully integrated agency management, which means that you can see a direct connection between projects, resources, time, money and profit.

Interface Overload

Reviewed 2018-10-26

Overall the program functions well and haven't had much difficulty navigating the main interfaces. Once getting more in-depth with the program it begins to become complex and overwhelming. There are many different features and uses for workamajig.

Jim Wurster

Will Know More Soon

Reviewed 2018-10-26

We have been on WMJ for about five years now and are in the process of moving from the legacy product to Platinum as well. We are also moving our accounting over to the platform beginning Jan 1st. Hoping Platinum makes the product better value for us then it has been.

Rachel Arnold

WMJ Review- 3 years in

Reviewed 2018-10-29

Our experience with WMJ has been mostly positive. It is always a transition to move over to a new agency and accounting software. They were very helpful during the transition with a lot of training and reaching out from our contact at WMJ.Search bar feature-- I love that you can search for any vendor, vendor number, project number at the top of the screen quickly and easily.

Lynn White

Workamajig Works!

Reviewed 2018-10-26

Workamajig has been great to work with! We been a user since Creative Manager, through "classic", and are now fully integrated into Platinum (in fact we were in Beta for most of the development of Platinum). Support is wonderful- questions are answered promptly, in a clear, concise manner. Love the seamless integration between estimating and invoicing. Scheduling works well, and has the added benefit of several print views. Conversations has been a great way to keep all project details and updates in one location.

WMJ Is The Best!

Reviewed 2018-11-06

We have WMJ and our WMJ team to thank for our organization at our company. It's a great way to track time for our clients and our bosses as well as easy to use. The ease of using it. It's simple to learn and makes what would be a very hectic workplace , work smoothly.

Anonymous

Pretty good and a definite improvement over the old system

Reviewed 2018-10-26

We previously had separate systems for project management, timers for time sheets, time sheet entry, and tracking sales and prospects. With Workamajig it lets us do everything in one place. No more having 4 or 5 different websites or applications open at once.

Monte Mitchell

They've come a long way

Reviewed 2018-08-14

Overall, the product is an extremely effective tool for workflow and data logging, if only some of the bugs could get ironed out.WMJ provides a solid platform for each sector of the creative business. It's relatively easy to track time, create budgets & schedules, and monitor projects overall. The interface is clean and appealing, especially in the Platinum update.

Andrea Rodriguez

I only use the program to enter my time.

Reviewed 2018-11-02

I use the program everyday to enter my time, is easy as long as I know the project number exactly; as soon as I miss a dash or extra space or in any way different from the set name, it takes for ever to find the info. It will be nice that I can add time in the same project line but at different times without opening a new line. The timer works good but once the window is open you can not get it to disappear, even when you stop it. So I don't use it. For my needs is good.Clear display of information. Unce you learn how to use the basic functions is easy to use.

Caitlyn Scherer

Reviewed 2018-10-26

I like that you can create a bunch of different job needs (estimates, time sheets, etc) all in one system.