Rent Manager Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.51/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

This software is highly recommended and it is very versatile. It's ease of use and flexibility is excellent.

PH

Patti H.

The customer/technical support is outstanding. I really cannot say enough good things about the support department.

Kristen C.

Very customizable, very user friendly, and great customer support. The integrated service manager program has been instrumental in the growth and success of our business.

DH

Danny H.

It crashes and customer service is terrible. There is no way to correct accounting mistakes.

SP

Stacey P.

There's no section that says "Late Charges" and what they are for.

SA

Shellie A.

There are so many variables in Property Management and they are too cut and dry.

DB

Yardi Breeze-logocaret

Yardi Breeze

QuickBooks Desktop Pro-logocaret

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

How would you rate Rent Manager?

Manage Your Rental

Transcript

Priya: Hi, my name is Priya. I'm a small business owner and I give Rent Manager a four on a scale of...

A great software team!!! We love the versatility!

Prior to Rent Manager we used Yardi for 17 years until they became too expensive and no longer catered to a small company base. This is so much better! Rent Manager listens to their customers. We couldn’t be happier!

Pros

The online RM12 version gives us the versatility of a complete accounting program (minus payroll of course) that allows small employers with mixed portfolios to use a single product. Outside Payroll options work great for us. The Rent Manager team is constantly listening to their customer base and makes product use seamless with a great support staff! We are a small locally owned property management firm with commercial, residential and self-storage rentals and have used the Rent Manager program since 2011. We currently manage 15 sets of books that include around 30 properties. The software allows us to set up each property based on its own rental type and each user can be restricted based on need. We love the user friendliness, training options and the program options available

Cons

We have not found a major con with this program. The development team tries to work with all parameters to find a work-a-round if not an immediate fix.

Thank you so much for your review Ginger!

Great Software with Even Better Customer Service

It is the one stop shop for a large number of management needs from sending out notices to billing and payments with great support.

Pros

I love how customizable it is. I also love how many different daily tasks it can address all in once place.

Cons

While the company continues to make improvements to the software (a positive thing), it really slows down the ability to function. There seem to be 'fixes' going on almost every week. Sometimes the software runs VERY slow.

Thank you for your review! Our support team would be more than happy to take a look at any slowness issues you might be experiences. Please give us a call at your convenience.

Rent Manager increases efficiency

Rent Manager has increased our ability to selectively share data so that our efficiency improves.

Pros

Customer service is amazing. I have always been successful working through issues (undoubtedly user error or understanding) with their help on the first try.

Cons

The program is so robust I feel as if I am leaving features "on the table". I need to continue my training and use.

Thank you for your review Steven! Please reach out to us at any time if there is a specific feature you are looking to learn more about. Our training team would be happy to assist.

Transitional Issues

Since RentManager upgraded us to "Premium" support - we have had a higher success rate. Casey has been amazing and VERY responsive. Britany has also been extremely helpful. A comparable feature request was finally successfully completed. We are hoping that we do not have to change companies, but rather, RentManager assists us to be 100% functional for our customer needs. To date, we have lost 18 homes due to technical issues with our software (email, etc). This is a significant and irreparable loss. I communicated these concerns with Casey and he did his very best to advocate for us in updates to the email information, report functionality, reconciliations and more.

Pros

Provides us with tools to manage effectively. Allows for reports, letters, media, and more to be used.

Cons

Transitioning from RentManager Xi has been a nightmare. Marketing formats 100% changed. Owner information lost in the transition (and more) Not all Technical support staff on "ground floor" calls were knowledgeable enough to answer questions - some even answering questions/providing information that was incorrect (costing hours of time/money/loss of owners) API information to Zillow is delayed longer than 3 days or more before being able to be seen on their site. Low/Zero response to new function requests - even though they provide a way to submit - response is zero. Medium Response to comparable feature from Xi request - WITH

Hi Kristi, Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that Casey, your Premium Support Representative, has been able to help solve some of the issues you have expressed. We apologize for any inconvenience during your conversion to RM12. This feedback as well as all notes from your interactions with Casey have been sent to upper management to review as we continually strive provide the best service to our customers. We would also like to speak with you further. We will have our Sales and Account Manager reach out to you.

Rent Manager is a great product.

Excellent!

Pros

We have been using RM since 2007. We moved to the online version in 2018 and haven't looked back. This allowed us to move all of our accounting into RM instead of using a separate accounting program we had been. The features and updates keep it working better all the time. Tech support is the best. So easy to access and, on the rare occasion they don't know the answer, they will find it.

Cons

I wish there was a payroll integration. It would be extremely convenient, but it is definitely not a deal breaker.

Thank you for your review Alicia!

Property Management with Rent Manager

See "Pro" above!

Pros

As a beginner with accounting software and a non-accountant, I took over management of an 80 unit complex that I owned after firing four successive professional management companies. Rent Manager enabled me to return the property to profitability in the first year of my management. It was a great satisfaction to me. Thanks Rent Manager!

Cons

I used Rent Manager for six years as manager, and now as owner keeping an eye on a different property. I can't think of any feature that I don't like, would change, or add.

Thank you for your review Max and congrats on turning a profit within the first year!

Rent Manager

We have been quite pleased in the decade that we have been using Rent Manager with the product, the support and of course, the streamlining it has provided our business.

Pros

We were among the first to convert to Rent Manager's stand alone version and we continue to use Rent Manager for every aspect of our business (approx. 1000 residential and several commercial buildings). The software is very user friendly and intuitive making it easy to onboard new employees. The comprehensiveness of the online training through Rent Manager University is invaluable for new and...

Cons

Any cons that we have found Rent Manager has helped us find work arounds for or has upgraded to in their regular updates. I would like to see more options for "batch" operations.

Hi Kristen, Thank you for your review! We've loved working with you over the years and can't wait to show you all what we have in store for the future. Feel free to submit any batch operation ideas to our development team here and we will gladly look into them for you: https://www.rentmanager.com/featurerequest

Feature-rich software for the rental home industry that is as simple as you can hope for.

All in one product for rental communities that is simple to use. Can do A/R, A/P, reporting, etc. There really aren't any major missing features.

Pros

For basic usage the layout is really intuitive and as manager of a rental property you could figure out pretty much everything you need just by poking around. You can do pretty much anything that needs to be done with this software and it has the accounting features that make it an all in one product. Customer support can be slow at times but they will always put in whatever effort it takes to troubleshoot your problems and all staff is in the US.

Cons

The help section is a bit lacking. It's more just a beginner how-to guide rather than figuring anything complex out. Plus, it doesn't indicate where certain features need to be manipulated on the back end. Reports are rather cumbersome at times and there are so many that seem too similar. A good wizard for creating reports would be nice. Creating purchase orders is slow, again, a wizard walk-through to get it all done as fast as possible would be nice.

Thank you so much for your review! We are consistently adding new articles into our help file, so be sure to check back often to see what's available. If there is an area in particular you feel could use additional explanation, our training team would love to hear about it. Please submit a feature request here: https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/customer-support/submit-a-feature-request/ with any ideas you might have.

Easy to Use, Great Reports

Easy reports, easy to input information, you don't have to have property management experience to be able to use this software effectively.

Pros

It's very user-friendly. I like the ability to create my own reports. I manage multiple units with multiple private owners, this software handles that versatility well. Rent Manager has many uses I haven't even used yet.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this software.

Thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear you are enjoying Rent Manager. Feel free to give us a call anytime if there is a specific feature you would like to learn about in the program or check out Rent Manager University and the help file (F1) for feature documentation.

Overall

Pros

you can easily set up your preferences in just about every option, each user can customize their menu ribbons.

Cons

There's no option yet for automatic rent reminders for all tenants that owe rent. The only way of doing it is by filtering those that owe specific amount of days late, however many tenants are far above that limit and still owe so they won't get the notification.

Hi Miri! Thanks for your review. Regarding reminders, Rent Manager includes automated notification features that could help with your rent reminders. Please reach out to our support team or check out our help file (F1) for more information.

CEO

The support staff at RMO is fantastic. They are knowledgeable, patient and results oriented. Overall, RMO is a world class product and I appreciate the companies drive to continually refine it for its customers. Finally, the best part of Rent Manager is it's people. Please continue your world class service and in doing so, showing the business community it is possible to maintain high standards of excellence.

Pros

RMO Customer and Technical Service is the best I have ever experienced, personally and professionally. I am amazed that I have spoken to so many technical reps and they're all great. The RMO in house training program for staff has been well thought out and it shows they take pride in employing and retraining qualified people.

Cons

There are some area's of the SW that can be modified or refined to be more of an end to end solution for our business. The process for changing or adding modifications to the software seems long and difficult. There are simple changes needed, like automated postings for Pacific Standard Time vs Eastern Standard Time that makes a difference for our business, legally speaking, but no one at the company is driving this modification. The change committee needs to evaluate and process requests faster in my opinion.

Thank you so much for your review and our Customer Support team says thanks for the shout out! We hear you regarding feature requests and we have recently created a whole team to evaluate and prioritize every request we receive. We hope this makes the process more streamlined so we can keep giving you the best software experience in the industry. If there is anything you’d like to see in the program, feel free to submit your requests here (https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/customer-support/submit-a-feature-request/) and your request will be reviewed by the team directly.

Great software for our growing office and always provides us with exceptional customer service

Our office benefits greatly from using Rent Manager. I can't imagine how our office would operate without it's help. Each one of our jobs uniquely depends on this software to help us manage our tasks, time, clients, and tenants in the most efficient way we possibly can.

Pros

We have been using the Rent Manager software from day one, and I don't know how we would operate without it. We have been a rapidly growing property management company in Northeast Ohio for almost 3 years now, and we are all very thankful for how helpful the software is for us. Both our clients and tenants love the features they have access to in their online portals. The attention to detail the software...

Cons

Spell check. Something we are looking forward to in Rent Manager 12! We at times have new clients who have trouble understanding the owner statements. We spend some time with them going over the initial ones we send out. We then explain in detail how each of our monthly statements are ran, and normally after the first meeting, our clients are able to grasp how they are set up.

Thank you for your review Kristen! It has been great working with you all these past few years and we loved attending your conference! Our support team really appreciates the kudos as well. I've made a note regarding the owner statements and we will look into a way to assist you with this training process. Since you are close by, if anyone from your team would like to come to our office for one-on-one training or vice versa, just let us know. We'd love to help!

Rent Manager

The support Rent Manager overs is outstanding. They offer so many ways for you to train or trouble shoot with their software.

Pros

Ease of use. Versatility. New features regularly. Product support.

Cons

The screens are very generic in appearance. The software could be more visually appealing

Hi Tonya, Thank you for your review! Our product support team really appreciates the shout out as well. If you are looking to customize tabs or reports, I highly recommend checking out Rent Manager University or the Help File (F1) to see how you can customize the look of the software.

Rent Manager software

Pros

This software is industry specific for property management. It works extremely well at intergrading all the components a property manger needs to deal with on a daily basis. Rent Manager allows you to keep track of your owners, properties, units and tenant in a very effective way. This software has the capability of tracking service issues which we use to record maintenance requests. These service issues can be linked to a unit, property and or tenant which will show in the history and notes making it easy to view and analyse. We have been on other property management software prior to this and find that Rent Manager is far superior product.

Cons

I can't say much to this question as Rent Manager has been very helpful in taking care of an issue that we have had with the software. The only thing I might mention is a few of their additional product sets, like RM Mobile and RMInspection, in my mind need a little more enhancements in order to work effectively for our needs. I am told they are working on some of our requests so I am confident we will see them in the near future.

After evaluating several programs including Buildium, Propertyware, Yardi and Appfolio, There is no better software than Rent Manager

I really cannot say enough good about them.

Pros

The depth of the ability to tailor Rent Manager for each individual user is unparalleled compared to any other software. They are the only Residential Software company that owns their own phone system and integrates directly into the software and every call is attached to either the tenant, owner or vendor history file. The support of Rent Manager is unparalleled, a customer really feels like they...

Cons

Many times when they release a new feature it needs fine tuning that takes a long time to get. Of course I am very impatient and what they come out with is still leaps and bounds ahead of the competition.

Hi Russ, Thank you so much for your review! We love working with you and the entire United Properties team. We hope to continue bringing you great features and we can't wait to show you what we have in store for Rent Manager in the years to come. Hope to see you all again at RMUC!

Great Product & Customer Service

Make sure that the people on your team who are setting up the initial databases of market rents, properties and tenants understand all of the applications and functionality so you're not having to backtrack and fix it down the line. It makes the whole process so much easier.

Pros

It's a very easy to use system and has made the automation process of keeping track of our tenants/vendors/prospects so much easier. The integration with our payment system has made the first of the month a breeze and the Apply Now feature to house prospect information gives us one more way to follow up with those who had fallen through the cracks. Their customer service and help lines are extremely helpful, knowledgeable and timely. Any questions or issues I've ever had have been addressed immediately and with staff that represents the company well. I highly recommend this product and company.

Cons

There are many classes and webinars to help with the system and new feature launches, but an all encompassing help guide, that can be accessed by all members of my team with step-by-step instructions would make my life so much easier.

Hi Laura, Thank you for your review! We’re so glad to hear Rent Manager has been able to help your business and that you’re loving the automation RM can provide. Our customer support team really appreciates the shout out as well! If you are ever looking for a step-by-step guide, check out our Help File. Anywhere you are in the program, press F1 and it will take you directly to the documentation we have for that particular feature. Our Documentation Team is constantly adding new articles as new features roll out as well. If you ever cannot find something, give us a call and we’ll look into adding it for you.

Not Perfect, but Very Good

We had considered other software before deciding on Rent Manager in November 2015. Rent Manager has been around for a very long time. They seem to understand what property managers really want/need based on the length of their experience. We like that there are a lot of options; the software is robust. Reporting, usability, cost, and integration (with our website/tenant application, a consumer credit...

Pros

- Customizable options (User Defined Fields) - New updates being rolled out - Reporting - Customer support - A lot of features - Integration - Cost for basic use...especially if you have a small staff - Scalability

Cons

- Web design is wildly expensive! (The quotes from RM's design team are nearly the rate our independent web designer charges luckily you can get their user guides and use your own web designer (to create your integrated website, application, rental listings, etc.) - A la carte features that need to be purchased for an additional fee - Rent Manager 12 has some small bugs still being ironed out but nothing major - Web Portal Suite (namely the MobileRM website) should be better/more user-friendly

Rent Manager is FANTASTIC to work with

We are a property management company. This software is excellent in all ways. So easy to use, we switched from Quick Books to Rent Manager.

Pros

This is the easiest software to use even with multiple company names. Financial statements are so easy for our accountant to do our taxes with. LOVE IT !!!

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about it. Except maybe because it logs you out so often and you have to re-login often

Hi Marcia, Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you are enjoying Rent Manager. For security purposes, we do enforce a log out after a while of inactivity. If this begins to become an issue, please contact our support team and we can help you look into this.

Rent Manager

Good product and support. I primarily changed because of the online payment fees assessed. Much too high, but, consistent with most other products. I found a product that did not charge for online payments. Having complications with that product in features, functionality and service though....maybe that is why others charge.

Pros

Good batch reporting and formating capability Strong accounting features Excellent Owners portal...even though most owners do not use. Strong sales tool for Management Company. Relatively intuitive Consistent logic

Cons

Mobile application was just rolling out. I did not convert to the mobile solution due to plans to convert to another software. New mobile application might solve some of the Cons. Pricing: Per seat pricing, set up fee for each additional seat, mobile, web integration, etc. modules additional costs. However, the biggest issue was the $1.50+ charge for Residents to pay online using E-checks. If you have 1000 units paying online, cost is $1500 per month. Too much. LImited integration with various online posting services.

Hi Scott, Thank you for your review. It is possible to pass all epay fees to tenants vs the management company covering the cost, similar to other online credit card processing fees. If this is something you might be interested in, we can gladly help initiate the conversation with Zego to make the switch.

Best Customer Service in the industry

I had the misfortune of having to deal with another company that is a competitor of RM. I must say that after that fiasco I am even more impressed with the outstanding customer service you get with Rent Manager . The staff of customer service representatives is the best I have ever dealt with. They are always cheerful, knowledgeable, and so very helpful. I love Rent Manager.

Pros

I have used RM since 2008. This product is easy to use and makes property management easy and efficient.

Cons

The product has so many functions that it takes a while to learn them all. The yearly conference is an awesome place to learn all the functions of this amazing software. Plus it is fun.

Hi Anne, Thank you so much for your review. We love working with your team as well and we hope to see you all again at RMUC this year!

Decent software for daily use.

Once everything was set up, the software was relatively user friendly and had a lot of capacity for maintaining information in a multitude of departments within the company.

Pros

This software can link your to a multitude of websites that really aid in effective marketing strategies. There are many different reports that can be ran that are beneficial to a multitude of departments. Generating documents and keeping track of document history was effortless. The customer support for this software is fantastic!

Cons

It can be a little tricky to set the software up to function how you need it too. When setting Rent Manager up to link information directly to our company's website and third party marketing websites, it was so tricky I had to spend a great deal of time with customer support to get things running how they should. Also, creating new reports was tricky and only one person in the company knew how to do it.

Hi Dana, Thank you for your review! Our customer support team really appreciates the shout out. If you ever need assistance with custom reports in the future, our Professional Service team would be more than willing to help out. They work with customers every day creating custom reports, custom tabs, custom integrations, and more. We also offer training such as our RM12 Scripting Virtual Classroom and weekly webinars stored in Rent Manager University.

A Wealth of Features & Could Always Use a Few Tweaks

Pros

It is a tenant-centric platform, allowing our residents to see their accounts and pay on-line, thereby reducing our central office workload. We operate 15 or so entities with RM and a handful with QuickBooks. From a financial analyst viewpoint, I prefer QB, because of the easy export features. Still, we have 1,300 + tenants and are re-building occupancy at newly acquired mobile home parks, so our focus is on providing the best face for our residents. QB was not doing that for us. This is a more comprehensive program tailored for the rental world

Cons

For some inexplicable reason, report exports to Excel do not carry the formulas over. It is a huge time waster for those of doing a repetitive analysis of multiple companies. I can only think this relates to some licensing issue. QB does it automatically and I miss that. In fact, I resent that RM does not provide that functionality and don't understand why they wouldn't provide this time and money saving convenience to their customer base.

Hi Freehold Real Estate LLC, Thank you for your review. I apologize that you have been having issues with our export to Excel function. We greatly appreciate your feedback on your software and I will pass your review on to the appropriate parties in our company for further examination and review.

Rent Manager allows me to easily track all business needs ranging from managing resident accounts to managing both accounts payable and receivable to investment management. This platform is easy to use and understand and customer service is great.

Pros

This software is easy to use and can be customized easily. I use this software to manage residents as well as for all accounting purposes and am very pleased.

Cons

Online lease signing not as user friendly to set up and implement.

Hi Lindsey, Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you are loving the customization and accounting features. Definitely give us a call regarding the online leases - we can take a look into your setup to see how we can help.

Rent Manager-4 Stars

Overall, RM has been the best property management software we have used to date. It isn't perfect but there is not much that compares.

Pros

We love the lease generation as we use this the most. We also love the history/notes section to keep tabs on each tenant and property.

Cons

We have issues with the tenant portal about once a month as well as the incoming calls tab reporting incorrectly. The software does crash every once in a while as well.

Thanks for your review Alexandra! If you run into lag issues in the future, please reach out to our support team (800-669-0871 option 4) so we can review your account and check for any potential issues.

Complicated software, long learning curve, but good support

Pros

I was in charge of implementing this software, converting from peach tree to this. Excellent support during conversion, but this is a complicated product. Liked the bookkeeping side, but this is also supposed to push vacant units out to zillow, etc, and that is where we got on to the struggle bus. This was complicated, with a large learning curve. Did not like the website options at all, and found them clunky. The accounting reports were simple to set up & modify, and it was easy to transition to this product. Excellent option for a person that has multiple LLCs or multiple properties, as its very easy to separate. Excellent for 3rd party managers, as many bank accounts could be run from one place.

Cons

Website option templates were not very good, and it was very hard to get listings into Zillow the way you wanted, and get on to your own site.

Thank you so much for your review Joann! We're so glad to hear you are enjoying Rent Manager's account features and multiple property options. Our conversion team really appreciates the shout out as well! We are constantly building new Web Template Suite options and would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you more regarding website templates and online listings. I will have someone reach out to you shortly to see if we could set up a call to learn more.