Gong.io Reviews

Pros

Outstanding way to retain information discussed, study my own and other behaviors to improve. It's quickened our new hire on-boarding and improves direct coaching.

Carole-Ann H.

Great and easy to use, great feedback and LOVE being able to read a transcript of the call.

Emily W.

Sam R.

Cons

It's glitched and messed up a few calls that I have been on. I had to boot it out of the conversation.

Tim D.

It's been tough onboarding some of my teammates to the software. That's been the biggest, and only, struggle.

Max G.

If anything the search functionality is a little bit confusing. If you do not have the exact name of the call you are trying to view it will take a while to track down.

Key Platform for Measuring Enablement Success

Transcript

Jackie R.: Hi, I'm Jackie. I'm a senior enablement manager, and I give Gong.io five stars, and you can...

Great tool, even for SMBs

I feel like I'm part of the Gong community already 2 months into our journey. I'm learning a lot from their team and excited to be a customer.

Pros

The Gong.io team creates a great experience, from learning and buying, all the way to onboarding and and helping you be successful in using their product to hit your goals. Even as a small customer, I feel like I got white-glove service from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (sales) and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (CS). Already in week 1, we're getting so many insights from our call recordings. As we figure out how to sell better to our six new buyer personas, Gong will be invaluable in figuring out our sales playbook.

Cons

The only con in buying is that we didn't have enough people to meet the minimum seats. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped us work through this and still get enough value to justify the cost.

Great tool to discover valuable insights!

It has been an excellent addition to our product management stack. Having the ability to connect with different systems for virtual calls it's really helpful. The UX of the product is great.

Pros

In our customer-centric approach listen to our customers it's religious. I really like the ability to quickly identify who is talking in the conversation, general areas and interact with my coworkers based on the findings for every call.

Cons

This is a great tool but kinda expensive compared with other similar tools. You should consider your budget first before making the decision. If you can afford it, it will pay the price.

An incredible tool!!!

There is a much larger collection of information at their fingertips for new hire training, allowing them to learn faster and not be at the mercy of the day's calls. Also helpful for both the seller and the prospect to examine details and maintain accountability.

Pros

Gong is a fantastic training tool that allows you to shadow calls across the firm at your leisure, which is very helpful for new workers. Also excellent for sharing calls with prospects or having as a reference for information discussed during the call. It also offers details to assist you improve your sales strategies, such as how much back and forth there is between you and the customer.Are you talking too much about the prospect? Easy to search requires keywords to be pre-selected by Gong or typed into a search field. Also, it automatically transcribes the call with a high level of accuracy, around 85-90 percent. Calls are available for review shortly after they are completed, usually within an hour, but sometimes even minutes.

Cons

If you start a meeting and then have to switch to another service or restart for whatever reason, the new meeting will not be detected.

Very happy with the free trial so far

so far it is good and I am looking forward to seeing more what it can do for me.

Pros

It is super easy to use and set up. It is very clear how to use the software and how I can benefit using it.

Cons

I am not sure the value of the product over the other products I am currently using for the sales cycle. While it was easy to use I wish it was clear why I need it.

Key Platform for Measuring Enablement Success

Great customer service, intuitive for end users, valuable tool across teams. Very positive experience and would recommend this to any Sales, CS or Enablement team to implement.

Pros

Gong allows the Sales, Enablement, Marketing, and Biz Ops to track real metrics from Sales and CS conversations, coach the teams and foster a culture of self-improvement.

Cons

This is a product that to work effectively you need to invest in best practices, training teams and managers and staying on top of the latest innovations (of which there are many and often) coming out of the company.

Product-first, intuitive revenue intelligence software

Excellent and customer first.

Pros

Ease of use, salesforce integration, great brand and strong product innovation.

Cons

Sometimes our dialing software doesn't get tracked in Gong from other applications. This is an integration piece.

Captures everything!

Pros

I love that Gong automatically records, transcribes and coaches each call. It is super intuitive and is great for self-review, peer review, and coaching. I love that it's super easy to share segments of calls for review, collaboration, and feedback. The mobile app is super user friendly and makes it easy to record in person meetings as well.

Cons

I don't like how it shows up as it's own "person" on Zoom calls.

Gong is an amazing tool...

My experience with Gong has been great! I highly recommend it.

Pros

I love being able to record my calls and review the audio or transcript to ensure I'm picking up all the important information on the calls

Cons

I haven't really found anything I don't like. There is a process to learn all of the functionality. I think the thing I like least is I don't yet know how to fully take advantage of all its' features.

Can't Imagine Life without Gong as a Sales Person

Gong has saved my skin more than once as it provides a safety net for me as a sales rep, that way I don't have to be taking notes during calls all the time - I can focus on what my prospects are saying and go back to listen to important parts of the call afterwards and structure my follow-up in that regard.

Pros

The ability to look at what other colleagues wrote to my customers The ability to listen back on important calls The ability to search by keywords within a recording Transcribed recordings

Cons

I don't think there are a lot of cons with this software. If anything maybe it has gotten too complex as they released more and more features.

Incredible Sales Tool!

I came from a place of work that did not have an option to record or return back to access calls with prospects. It was often difficult to recall what the asks or requirements were as I could only rely on my notes and would have to embarrass e-mail the prospect afterwards to confirm their requirements. Gong eliminates all of those challenges, and automates the sales process by providing transcripts and provides referenceable key areas of engagements.

Pros

There is no other way to put other than Gong is an incredible sales tool. I really love being able to access call recordings, which include video of prospects, transcripts, and areas of engagement with potential clients.

Cons

None - I can't think of any. The tool is fully fleshed out and extremely effective.

One of the most valuable investments our team has made

Excellent. I would give up just about any other tool in our GTM-specific stack before I gave up Gong.

Pros

As an individual contributor, I can't think of another piece of software our team has brought on that is more valuable to me than Gong (excluding the table-stakes Salesforce or Slack type stuff). Gong is my insurance policy when my notes don't capture everything and I need to relisten to a call before the next stage meeting. Gong gives me insight into the quality of a conversation based on the metrics...

Cons

Having Gong has made me a little bit more of a careless notetaker, because I know Gong is my insurance policy. At times this has burned me if some Zoom difficulty means the call doesn't get properly recorded because the Gong bot didn't get invited. If there are better categorization methods for calls, our team isn't using them. But it may be helpful to be able to quickly designate calls by type (prospect vs current customer) and use case / vertical (eCommerce vs SaaS for example). Salesforce data is pulled into Gong so maybe there's a way we just aren't utilizing.

Could Not Live Without Gong

Nothing short of exceptional. Gong also has a strong presence on social mediums and continues to come across as a thought-leader.

Pros

As an Account Executive in the Software Space, I could not do my job as effectively without it. I use Gong's mobile and web-based solutions every day. Mobile App: In order to stay on top of my funnel in a detailed fashion, I am referencing prior conversations with my customer base every day. Gong's mobile application is the best way for me to reference prior conversations or demos on-the-go. Whether...

Cons

Some analytics/call coaching capabilities are not available in my mobile instance of Gong. I am not sure if this is something my company does not pay for, however, this would be a "nice to have" as a rep while on-the-go.

Gong provides the visibility needed to up-level your organization

Gong's customer support is phenomenal. The product is easy to use and you want to use it. It's been invaluable to getting each of the employees who touch an account on the same page.

Pros

It's easy to share calls internally and externally. If you set it up properly, you don't have to do anything for Gong to work. It just shows up in the background without any additional steps required from you. The reporting is robust and is presented in a way that makes it easy to know on what areas to coach your employees. The reporting, searching abilities, and transcripts make it easy to find best in class calls to add to the library so that the employees can learn from one another. It is especially helpful that you can highlight a "snippet" that is especially powerful or to reiterate the best next actions agreed to with the client. They can hear their agreement in their own words.

Cons

Some challenges are the way that our company uses Salesforce doesn't match the way that Gong set up their Gong to Salesforce integration. This restricts how accurate some of the forecasting is, due to multiple opportunities within one account. That's our biggest issue as well as challenges getting single sign-on connected. They are addressing both of these issues, but they have prevented us from getting the most out of Gong.

The Most Valuable Innovative Tool of the Decade

I am a raving fan. I don't know if I've ever really been a raving fan of a tool, besides the company I work at (Copper CRM!). I love their UI, their marketing emails which are NOT annoying (how?!?!), and their friendly support team. But mostly- this incredible tool allows me to become a better salesperson. Faster.

Pros

So novel. Yes, other demo softwares allow you to get insights. But Gong takes it to a whole different level. The tips are a prime example of artificial intelligence of the future. I can see exactly what I need to improve immediately after a call- and I check after each one. I set realistic goals that I can actually measure based on recommended best practices that are outlined to me from research that Gong makes available to me- average amount of patience, interactivity, and more that's necessary for a successful sales call.

Cons

The only thing I would change is that I'd like to be able to search more words within demos I've completed. The search functionality is already incredible, as it can pinpoint certain filler words and I can search a variety of terms. If it could capture more, which it likely will as they progress, I'd be thrilled.

It takes a Village

It has been a game changer for our entire sales org, as we grow as a company, and especially while we work to align our Global messaging across disparate offices. The Tribal knowledge we can now share is critical to our growth in 2020.

Pros

It creates true accountability across our customer facing teams that we are all properly taking the handoff from one another and moving our narrative forward. It’s the ONLY tool that everyone in our sales org asks for others feedback.

Cons

I’d like to see alerts anytime a specific chosen phrase or word is used by my team so that I can move quicker to resolution and feedback.

Gong for biz dev

I use gong to listen to recordings of sales calls to look for patterns, areas of improvement, and possible areas of training

Pros

I love the idea that I can get alerts for certain types of calls to review but have yet to do this. I also like that I can read a transcript alongside the recording for extra clarity.

Cons

I do have some difficulty setting up the filters to get alerts for certain calls. I also think the user experience could be a LOT simpler.

The only software I would pay for out of my own pocket if I needed to

Call coaching Call scoring Call library Keyword spotting for objection handling, comp intel, analyzing trends, etc

Pros

Ease of set up Ease of use Value Customer service Features & Functionality

Cons

If I am forced to put something down, I have had I think 3 or 4 different CSMs in the past year. That being said, we are not needy at all.

Loaded with functionality - very easy to learn

I've had a very positive experience. It's been a key data source for feeding the competitive intelligence process, and many other users have pulled great insights across a variety of topics from it.

Pros

It's very simple to learn at a basic level, which makes it easy to dive deeper into the functionality. Within a few minutes you can start to unlock insights about what kinds of topics are coming up in calls, how prospects are reacting to certain methods, etc. The interface for setting up automation is straightforward as well, and that gives you access to a host of use-cases for automatically extracting insights from your call data. It integrates pretty seamlessly with different CRM providers - including Salesforce and HubSpot. Using it to trigger workflows in tools like Zapier is a great feature.

Cons

While there's a lot you can do to analyze the data within the application - the manual data export feature isn't as great. If you just want to cut and filter a spreadsheet, it's a pretty cumbersome process. That being said, if you connect it to another tool for analyzing the data it's not a problem.

Great for client facing teams!

I would rate my overall experience with Gong.io a 10. It is solving the problem of reps being distracted on calls trying to talk to clients, fully listen, and also take detailed notes!

Pros

What I love most about Gong.io is that it transcribes your calls for you! I no longer have to worry about taking notes during my calls and being distracted as I know I can rely on Gong to record every single piece of information and transcribe it back to me via a script I can read through and pull from as if I took free handed notes. I also love that it captures how often you say a specific word (for example: my filler word is "so") to ensure that you can work on your presentation skills and realize how often you may say particular words that you should tweak in your talk track and/or overall call skills.

Cons

This isn't really a "con", but there are so many features that when I first started using it I felt overwhelmed. However, now that I use it every day, I feel really comfortable with the solution and it no longer feels like there is too much I should look at/do in terms of recapping my calls.

Gong's Awesome

My experience has been great. I watch a recorded gong video everyday. It's great for educational training and being able to observe other peoples conversations, understanding where they're having an impact conversations.

Pros

Gong gives me easy insight into conversations that I'm having and where the conversation is having a big impact based on the topics being discussed. It show's me how much I'm speaking, how much the client is speaking and whether or not the time is allocated appropriately to have a selling opportunity move forward. It's a great platform to learn and educate yourself based on recorded meetings of my co-workers

Cons

There haven't been many cons, if any at all. It's been a great tool to be using and has provided great insight into our conversations with customers/prospects at our organization.

A Must-Have for Sales Teams

Me and my management are able to dive into calls, both early and deep into sales cycles, and see what I could be doing better, and what areas I am particularly strong in, to give me the most relevant training and support going forward. I started at my current company in the middle of their evaluation of Gong and immediately pushed management to get the tool for us because of how much it brought to my last sales organization.

Pros

I've now used Gong at two organizations and, as a sales professional, I get a ton of value from the transcriptions and keyword searches I can do on my calls. I often have hours of conversations, demos, and proof of concepts per client and Gong allows me to focus on the current moment not taking notes and highlighting the most important requirements.

Cons

The timeline style view of each sales/engagement cycle can be a bit confusing, but there is an easy way to skip to the list of all recorded calls per account in chronological order.

Sales or Customer Success/Support - Why haven't you purchased already?!

We needed a way to review snippets of calls to hone our craft and get better at the simple things within calls. Before, we would record everything in Zoom and have to sit and listen to basically the entire call to figure out what was going on. Now, everything is uploaded, you can search (The voice analytics has come a LONG way) and tag those around you to get added insight and feedback. It's been incredible in helping new BDR's along the way.

Pros

It's VERY easy to navigate, use, administer, and help those around that need coaching. I appreciate the fact that I can tag people within the org easily and clip certain parts of the call for us to review in 1:1 sessions or as a team.

Cons

Clipping can be a little hard to figure out. When first launching Gong - I wish there was better functionality to bulk add previous calls from VoIP or other sources to specific folders instead of manually doing it one at a time.

Closing more deals with Gong

My overall experience has been great. I have used other call recordings, but never found them intuitive or easy to use. Gong's platform makes me want to use it and learn more. There isn't a day that goes by that I am not using Gong. I can't say the same for other call recordings I used in the past.

Pros

I am new to my company and Gong has been a real game changer. I love listening to demos/calls on my commute to work from top performers. I also love that I can tag my manager in parts of my calls and have her give me feedback. Gong has helped me ramp up a lot quicker with the ability to search for all of our product offerings and listen specific parts of those calls where reps are pitching that product line. This has allowed me to resort to Gong for a lot of my sales related questions versus asking people on my team what they would say in certain situations.

Cons

There is nothing I don't love about the software, only a little minor technical issue. I wish I could easily move the date on calls I schedule in Gong without having to delete them and reschedule them.

Gong for your everyday needs

Pros

I love how intuitive the software is on the back end. Their AI tech which records, analyses, and transcribes calls seems like magic. Gong makes it so easy to follow up with people and improve my calls Im not sure what I ever did without it

Cons

At times there are snags in usability. The problem with a software that can do as much as going is that it can be tough to organizer it all in a way that is super user friendly. Not a terrible problem to have, better than an easy to use UI that does nothing you want it to I guess!

Great for Feedback and Skill Building

Pros

Love using Gong to listen to my own calls and be able to find things to improve. Oftentimes, when I'm on a call, I don't realize what I'm doing or saying so Gong is great for me to go back and do some self-reflection on what I can improve. Great for my boss to listen and give feedback as well. He and I aren't in the same office so he can't listen to live calls with me but Gong gives him the option to listen to calls and provide feedback.

Cons

I have no bad feedback. Gong does what is says it does. Records calls, identifies points of a call, tags them, etc. Does exactly what I need it to do and doesn't stretch itself thin with all sorts of weird features.