Gong.io Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.21/10

Reviews by rating

Great and easy to use, great feedback and LOVE being able to read a transcript of the call.
What I love most about it is that it analytically breaks down every call I have with a customer or prospect (talk time, sentiment analysis, conversation keywords most focused on).
It's glitched and messed up a few calls that I have been on. I had to boot it out of the conversation.
It's been tough onboarding some of my teammates to the software. That's been the biggest, and only, struggle.
If anything the search functionality is a little bit confusing. If you do not have the exact name of the call you are trying to view it will take a while to track down.

Jackie R.

Senior Enablement Manager

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Key Platform for Measuring Enablement Success

Transcript

Jackie R.: Hi, I'm Jackie. I'm a senior enablement manager, and I give Gong.io five stars, and you can...

Jessica D.

Human Resources, 201-500 employees

Gong is a salesperson's dream

Pros

It's so important to identify your prospects needs, but it can be difficult to absorb everything they are relaying. Having access to a tool like gong, gives me the ability to revisit my calls, dissect my prospect's responses and identify their needs. Gong makes this easier by filtering by keyword, offering graphs so you can click into specific parts of each call, compiles key words used throughout and gives my co-workers a place to listen and make suggestions.

Cons

I haven't found anything negative when using gong.

CB

Christian B.

Video Call Recording, Engagement Analytics, and Coaching with Gong

Gong has been helpful in many ways and has been a useful tool for new sales professionals on my team.

Pros

Gong's primary feature is video call recording - which has a number of benefits. Many calls wont need to be reviewed but its helpful to go back and review customer discussions to ensure you are 100% on the same page and addressing all of their needs without needing to send follow up emails or phone calls. The conversation analytics are also interesting and can be helpful - but they dont always apply to every type of customer call.

Cons

The conversation analytics dont always take into consideration different types of calls. For example, it measures how many questions you ask the customer, which is super helpful for a discovery call but may not be applicable to other types of meetings.

MP

Madeline P.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Maddie's Review

It has been pleasant overall!

Pros

Being able to listen to reps that are performing well's calls

Cons

I cannot figure out how to find Closed Won calls anymore like I used to. Those are the calls I am most interested in to learn more

Adam G.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Great tool for small & medium sized sales teams

Gong.io is always used by our new employees to listen to sales and customer success calls to learn the lay of the land. Super useful.

Pros

My favorite part of Gong is it's unique, advanced technology that listens to the call and automatically inputs timestamps with talking points and who is speaking for your recorded conversations. GREAT for sales teams and customer success teams to go back and listen and easily find any vital information that was discussed on the call.

Cons

At the current time I can truly say I have no problems or complaints with the Gong.io platform. I'm just surprised it isn't used by more sales teams.

Anna S.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

What was life before Gong?!

Pros

Gong has been HUGELY helpful for reviewing past calls to remind myself of action items, attendees, etc. I make use of the recordings multiple times a week. My team also uses Gong to provide call feedback for team members. I also like that at the beginning of an external call, Gong announces its presence/recording to all attendees.

Cons

The transcription service is good, not great - both in terms of identifying the speaker and also what they said. Also, it's not entirely clear to me how to add Gong to an existing call.

Janesh R.

Internet, 10,001+ employees

Great for progressing your sales career

Pros

Love the ease of use Search is great Ability to listen to others calls The insights and tips/tricks are fantastic Overall the product has been fantastic for me to grow into my role and train for future roles as well

Cons

This might be an issue of our own SSO, but getting gong to work well on mobile has been a struggle for me. I'd love to be able to listen to calls on my walk in to work

Evan C.

Incredible Sales Tool!

I came from a place of work that did not have an option to record or return back to access calls with prospects. It was often difficult to recall what the asks or requirements were as I could only rely on my notes and would have to embarrass e-mail the prospect afterwards to confirm their requirements. Gong eliminates all of those challenges, and automates the sales process by providing transcripts and provides referenceable key areas of engagements.

Pros

There is no other way to put other than Gong is an incredible sales tool. I really love being able to access call recordings, which include video of prospects, transcripts, and areas of engagement with potential clients.

Cons

None - I can't think of any. The tool is fully fleshed out and extremely effective.

Yossi P.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Amazing product and in my opinion a must-have for high-performance sales teams

Very good.

Pros

Recommendations for improvement (talk ratio, longest monologue, etc). Really helped me improve in these key areas.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. I get a lot of value from using this daily.

Tim H.

Market Research, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great summary of a call

Pros

I like the recording of the call and the quick analytics that shows the different areas we discussed and recommendations on how to improve the interactivity

Cons

Speech understanding could be improved and annotation

Zack R.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Love it, couldn't imagine sales without it.

I believe that one of Gong's biggest selling points is actually the content they continue to put out!

Pros

Gong's software has really helped my sales career progress. I can focus more on asking great questions and listening rather than constantly having to write down notes. It also monitors words/phrases which has helped me tweak my mannerisms and filler words for the better. The transcript option is pretty good even if some words don't make it through.

Cons

The mobile app on an iPhone or iPad leaves a little to be desired. It doesn't auto-rotate which is unfortunate. Sometimes the recorder joins late or not at all but that may be a me error. Overall there are very few changes/gripes that I have for the software.

MB

Mason B.

Could Not Live Without Gong

Nothing short of exceptional. Gong also has a strong presence on social mediums and continues to come across as a thought-leader.

Pros

As an Account Executive in the Software Space, I could not do my job as effectively without it. I use Gong's mobile and web-based solutions every day. Mobile App: In order to stay on top of my funnel in a detailed fashion, I am referencing prior conversations with my customer base every day. Gong's mobile application is the best way for me to reference prior conversations or demos on-the-go. Whether...

Cons

Some analytics/call coaching capabilities are not available in my mobile instance of Gong. I am not sure if this is something my company does not pay for, however, this would be a "nice to have" as a rep while on-the-go.

RH

Rachel H.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Gong provides the visibility needed to up-level your organization

Gong's customer support is phenomenal. The product is easy to use and you want to use it. It's been invaluable to getting each of the employees who touch an account on the same page.

Pros

It's easy to share calls internally and externally. If you set it up properly, you don't have to do anything for Gong to work. It just shows up in the background without any additional steps required from you. The reporting is robust and is presented in a way that makes it easy to know on what areas to coach your employees. The reporting, searching abilities, and transcripts make it easy to find best in class calls to add to the library so that the employees can learn from one another. It is especially helpful that you can highlight a "snippet" that is especially powerful or to reiterate the best next actions agreed to with the client. They can hear their agreement in their own words.

Cons

Some challenges are the way that our company uses Salesforce doesn't match the way that Gong set up their Gong to Salesforce integration. This restricts how accurate some of the forecasting is, due to multiple opportunities within one account. That's our biggest issue as well as challenges getting single sign-on connected. They are addressing both of these issues, but they have prevented us from getting the most out of Gong.

CG

Cassandra G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Gong for biz dev

I use gong to listen to recordings of sales calls to look for patterns, areas of improvement, and possible areas of training

Pros

I love the idea that I can get alerts for certain types of calls to review but have yet to do this. I also like that I can read a transcript alongside the recording for extra clarity.

Cons

I do have some difficulty setting up the filters to get alerts for certain calls. I also think the user experience could be a LOT simpler.

MJ

Myles J.

Gong's Awesome

My experience has been great. I watch a recorded gong video everyday. It's great for educational training and being able to observe other peoples conversations, understanding where they're having an impact conversations.

Pros

Gong gives me easy insight into conversations that I'm having and where the conversation is having a big impact based on the topics being discussed. It show's me how much I'm speaking, how much the client is speaking and whether or not the time is allocated appropriately to have a selling opportunity move forward. It's a great platform to learn and educate yourself based on recorded meetings of my co-workers

Cons

There haven't been many cons, if any at all. It's been a great tool to be using and has provided great insight into our conversations with customers/prospects at our organization.

DA

Danial A.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

The best option for documenting customer calls with all their details

Gong.io Help document all communication processes, and this documentation has become an inspiring reference for us, as it works to better follow up on customers and understand their problems and requests in depth.

Pros

You need Gong.io if your job involves listening to clients' issues and requests over the telephone, especially if you spend so much time doing this you don't have the capacity for precise note-taking. Listen to the chat again and read the transcript. Gong.io allows you to do all of this in one place. Gong.io's search capabilities make it easy to locate certain areas of discussion. it's wonderful that calls are categorized so that they include information like the customer's name, who spoke to him and what the subject was, and the time and date of their call, as well as the full conversation.

Cons

Recording features are great, but transcription processes can be inaccurate because conversations often contain slang words or from other languages and always need human review, which is sometimes distracting.

DR

Daniel R.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Gong for your everyday needs

Pros

I love how intuitive the software is on the back end. Their AI tech which records, analyses, and transcribes calls seems like magic. Gong makes it so easy to follow up with people and improve my calls Im not sure what I ever did without it

Cons

At times there are snags in usability. The problem with a software that can do as much as going is that it can be tough to organizer it all in a way that is super user friendly. Not a terrible problem to have, better than an easy to use UI that does nothing you want it to I guess!

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Key tool in stack for remote onboarders

Pros

I took on a new role in Sales and I was worried I would miss out on listening in to important conversations which forms a major part of learning. Enter Gong - and I've been able to listen in and learn better than ever. I've also improved my style of interacting with customers based on their tips and seen better results.

Cons

It has not been easy to upload a recording if we would like and their audio-to-text feature is not accurate.

JW

Judah W.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Gong changes the way you work

Pros

Gong is a game changer. Not everyone has to be a pro on your team to analyze a call anymore. Anyone can use Gong to recognize keywords, themes, and areas for improvement with their call analytics. Also, a major time saver because you can search for those keywords instead of listening to an entire hour or more of conversation. I particularly enjoy any study that Gong publishes. By analyzing themes in the industry, they provide incredible insights around word choice and timing. Timing is everything, isn't it? Gong changes the way you work, for the better.

Cons

I can't think of a single downside to using Gong.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Key Platform for Measuring Enablement Success

Great customer service, intuitive for end users, valuable tool across teams. Very positive experience and would recommend this to any Sales, CS or Enablement team to implement.

Pros

Gong allows the Sales, Enablement, Marketing, and Biz Ops to track real metrics from Sales and CS conversations, coach the teams and foster a culture of self-improvement.

Cons

This is a product that to work effectively you need to invest in best practices, training teams and managers and staying on top of the latest innovations (of which there are many and often) coming out of the company.

PD

Paul D.

Human Resources, 201-500 employees

Extremely helpful software - saves us so much time

We used to store recorded calls in some weird folder that existed in some bizarre shared server thing-a-majig and it was honestly a nightmare to find things and play back calls. We had zero visibility into things like talk time. Now I'm able to easily asses the health of an account by pin-pointing my own listening to only what the client has said on a call. We are much better off with gong, and it helps us with more focused follow up for our clients, as we're able to recall more granular detail of what was said.

Pros

Very quickly asses a call, what happened, who said what. Also ability to very quickly focus on a portion of a call, or something a client has said. Has significantly improved our ability to give feedback to our team, train and build upon weaknesses and strengths.

Cons

I wish the transcript was more accurate. This is certainly an extra cherry on top type of feature, as it's not always needed but there are times where it would be amazing to be able to copy paste or search for certain terms, and the AI just isn't quite there.

ML

Michael L.

Marketing and Advertising, 1,001-5,000 employees

Gong for Managers

Managing a larger team made it difficult to address all calls, and decide which calls to pull from. GONG makes it easy to focus my strengths on the calls that matter. It also helps my team listen to their own calls, to prepare for demos in a more timely manner.

Pros

Being able to play back calls at higher speeds, and read the transcript. Gives me the ability to go through many calls throughout my day. Even better, I can set alerts for key words or phrases, so I can only focus on those calls.

Cons

It is hard to pick what not to like about GONG, but sometimes the transcript doesn't do the best job of translating, and you would need to listen again in order to understand the translation it made.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Immediate insight into my calls

Immediate insight into my calls and what I'm doing right & what I can improve upon. It's great to have an easy to use repository for all of my sales conversations.

Pros

The #1 most valuable aspect of Gong for me is that I no longer have to worry about diligently taking notes while on a call with a prospect. I have the best conversations and can listen most effectively when I am walking around the sales floor and fully engaged. When I have to take notes, I miss key things the prospect is saying. With Gong, I can simply go back to the call after and finish up my notes.

Cons

You really have to put in the time and effort with the tool to see results/improvements. As expected with anything though.

CA

Carole-Ann H.

Market Research, 1,001-5,000 employees

Game Changer

Outstanding way to retain information discussed, study my own and other behaviors to improve. It's quickened our new hire on-boarding and improves direct coaching. This tool is a game changer.

Pros

Easily integrated with existing tools to optimize efforts and capabilities. I'm an avid note taker, but this tool makes me so much more effective at maximizing conversations held and ensures I retain important information. This tool also allows me to learn from my peers on my time by providing a library of knowledge.

Cons

The call scripts/voice to text are not as accurate as one might hope. (Sometimes downright comical) You would not be able to read a call's script alone and understand the call. However, the Gong website and app is easy to use that listening to the calls anywhere is simple without this feature being pristine.

MW

Meghan W.

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

GAME CHANGER

Super excited about really getting going. GONG

Pros

For the life of me, I don't know how I ever worked without this platform. ONE month in. Gong is a GAME CHANGER. If you are looking to scale up your team for success this is a tool that is a MUST have. It will save your team, literally, 100's of hours of time. Over the last month, I have started at a new company, leading a team, and this is single handle the best way to coach, give feedback, and...

Cons

The transcription isn't perfect but is works better than any other transcription I have ever used. It would be cool, if you could edit the transcription for library assets for training purposes

PC

Peter C.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Must have for remote sales calls

Pros

Gong is an intuitive platform that syncs seamlessly with our calendars and meeting software (Gsuite and Zoom). The ability to review calls to make sure I have all the details of an opportunity tracked has become absolutely essential to my process, and I love the AI breakdowns of interactivity, topics covered, etc.

Cons

Occasionally Gong will not automatically connect to the Zoom meeting, but luckily I can addd it manually on the fly