Shift4Shop Logo

Shift4Shop

Rocket fuel for your business

Shift4Shop Reviews

4.2

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.26/10

Reviews by rating

Love the ease of 3dcart and the amazing customer support. Even if it's a little thing of not being able to locate something they are quick to help and go out of their way to do so.
I really love that I can customize my store according to my requirements and it's fully secure.
The only problem I have encountered is the inability to provide a coupon based on type of checkout option.
There is no way to make price adjustments without changing each one individually. It is repetitive and time consuming.

KH

Kelly H.

Web specialist

Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees

Shift4Shop Good Basic Platform

Transcript

Kelly: Hi, my name is Kelly. I'm an e-commerce manager for miniaturestuffandthings.com. I've used Shift4Shop...

TK

Tom K.

I am amazed at how many good things 3D cart does.

Pros

It is feature rich. It does everything it should, and It even has modules that can be turned on that do even more. This is an excellent shopping cart and I now have three of them. Easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Cons

There are some things I would like to add, things I consider to be basic customizations, like the ability to add flat rate shipping at different rates per product. 3D Cart has for hire programmers to do it but for a steep price. I would like more affordable customizations.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

the best ecommerce shopping cart software

Well-priced service with plenty of customization options and excellent customer support!

Pros

unparalleled customization options. Solid customer support. Lots of payment gateway options. Integration with Google Sponsored, ebay, etc. Cheaper than the competition. Most importantly, the ability to tag items with metadata and key words for SEO purposes.

Cons

There's a few small glitches. Returns of individual line items is not easy. Sometimes the username/password input seems to freeze up. Knowledge base still references old platform. But overall well worth it.

DL

David L.

Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees

Worst company on the planet

I've been with them for over 15 years and that's the problem, you spend ungodly time getting everything setup and I'm sure they know changing platforms is just not feasible for a small biz!!! In those 15 years have encountered countless glitches but god forbid ever call them glitches as in their mind the software is perfect. I could cite many examples but the reason I'm here now is because our file...

Pros

There is nothing to like with the service and support they offer!

Cons

Their software which certainly is not theirs based on how a lot of support seems to go through outside parties, horrible service going all the up to the president!

KS

Karolyn S.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Solid Sofware with API Capabilities

Pros

opportunity to customize is not limited. We've been using 3D cart for about 5 years. I've been mostly happy with how it works. If you have some development background, that helps but is not required. The import/export features and the ability to have control over your site is where they shine. Customer returns are off -- you can return an order easy enough, but if you're returning single line items, it doesn't work -- you have to band-aid that part. Customer service is stellar. For the price, it offers a lot of functionality and opportunity for 3rd party integrations.

Cons

the actual back end phone order/customer service/returns etc needs tweaked.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees

#1 eCommerce Software

It is the ease of use which we at Ascend Tools really like. It is full of rich features like detail product listings (more than other platforms), SEO, optimization, integration with Google, ebay and others. Many modern and conventional templates; there is one for any kind of business. Almost unlimited number of payment gateways and many payment options; last one was Pay with Amazon in September 2016.

Pros

Integration with Google Sponsored product listing and upload. The customer support doesn't rest until they have answered your question.

Cons

3dCart is open to new ideas and provides a web site to enter ideas too. But they are a bit slow in bringing in at least critical features.

JL

Jim L.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Big Upgrade from Yahoo

I was searching for a platform that had the bells and whistles which Yahoo merchant solutions missed so badly. I found it with 3d cart. They offer apps and plugins that are optional and paid elsewhere. Also, I have found their method of building options on products to be one of the most simple and time saving of any other platform - and I have used quite a few. Customer service is very responsive. They partner with great providers - i.e. FusionBot search has been wonderful in creating a custom solution for our site. Thanks, 3d cart, for saving me from the exorbitant fees and headaches Yahoo had me experiencing.

Pros

Full solution

Cons

hosting resources and bandwidth fees

KT

Kevin T.

Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees

Shopping Cart made simple

We have had a very positive experience with the usability of 3d cart . I would recommend it.

Pros

The product is inexpensive and has a lot of canned features. For a company in need of an inexpensive solution, this is the one

Cons

lack of customizing. i have a bunch of clients that need stores. each client has a little nuance to their specific needs, 3d cart is limited in that way

HG

Harold G.

Happy for over 2 years!

Great product and order management capabilities. Quick start templates are fairly solid as foundation to a better site. We offer engraving and personalize on our products. 3dCart was the only Internet software that offered what we needed without code modification. SEO capabilities are maturing.

Pros

Secure. Flexible. Fast. Solid management tools. Good quick-start templates.

Cons

Noting noteworthy sticks out as a con.

Stan Y.

Publishing, 201-500 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Works well, but feels clunky

I used this for a client who wanted to set up an ecommerce site who had selected it beforehand. It took a while to learn, but it did work well once I dug in and worked my way through the settings, parameters, and various things that needed to be set up and tweaked. Worked when when setting up single products but got harder when trying to upload big batches at once.

Pros

3dCart has a ton of options and themes and flexibility. It offers tools both for the non-coder and the coder and an extensive CMS to cover almost every potential need of the do-it-yourself ecommerce vendor.

Cons

There are SO many options that I find it difficult to find the setting I need to adjust or edit. Online or email help is sporadic...but good when you can get it.

3d cart

I have been using them for over 2 years to host out website. They always provide good service. I have never had any problem with them and they provide great customer service

Pros

reasonably priced, great customer service

Cons

none that I can think of

CB

Cindy B.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Technical Glitches

Not very good. Can't access my store and close it.

Pros

Shift4shop has a lot of features to customize your store.

Cons

I couldn't get back into my store. I contacted customer service several times to reset my password. No success. I'd like to just close it, but they tell me that I have to log in to do that. I've since moved on to Shopify.

JL

Jessica L.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

Very Intense Shopping Cart

Having an oversized website can be a huge headache. But breaking things down to parts and structuring them to the 3D Cart system has made it much easier to keep things organized.

Pros

It works well with any level of developer. For beginners you can make and publish a product with just a name, pic and price. But the more savvy can get as detailed on the products and functionality as they want. The site even allows for custom programming and html mock ups. So as a simple to diverse system, this has been the best I've seen. And I have tried many platforms. This has been my favorite. And when they say "unlimited" they mean Unlimited.

Cons

Having such a large website sometimes things break and take time to fix. But they do have 24 hour support to help.

RJ

Robert J.

Retail, self-employed

Excellent product

I have used 3dCart for my online store probably for more than 10 years now, and I have been completely satisfied with their program and with their customer service. Their software is easy to use and easy to learn. I had them set up the program for me when I first began and it is still working smoothly today.

Pros

ease of use, updates are automatically applied and are not done very often so there is no disruption, excellent service support, flexible program can be easily customized, competitive pricing, excellent tutorials, no coding skill is necessary for use, good communication from the company from

Cons

too many options for add ons for similar types of add on modules, a lot of space wasted on the screen (better now with the latest upgrade), finding photos in file manager is difficult

JS

Joel S.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Coding required!

It was great for the time we had it. But, too much moving around with the interface and lots of coding to get things in the right layout. As powerful as it may be, we had to switch to something simpler.

Pros

It's a good e-commerce shopping cart for a majority of online sales. Offering a comprehensive e-commerce solution. It has retail multi-channel and marketing capabilities as well, an advanced customizable platform.

Cons

For the most part, would require someone who knows some html. In other words, not for basic users. And it offers limited themes. Most useful for doing things from scratch.

MA

Mary A.

Retail, self-employed

From a blank page to a full site the little home brew store that could!

This was my first experience with a web page. I had to start our on line store. I had little or no experience with this sort of thing. I am proud to say our site is very easy to use. If I have a question or problem Customer Support is right there to help. I would recommend this to any one who needs a on line presents. If I can do you so can you!

Pros

The choices and ease of use. The little clips that walk me threw something that I am trying to do for the first time.

Cons

Not having a little clip in certain sections to walk me threw the first time. Wish you had more options like constant contact for news letters Then I would not need them and would be able to do it all in one spot.

BK

Brian K.

Flexible software

I am very happy with the service. I like how flexible the software is. It is not just plug 'n play like a do-it-yourself site builder. If you know a little bit of programming you can really customize the appearance and functionality of almost every component of the site. The only reason that I didn't give 5 stars for 'support' is because the online chat is gone. I used to be able to chat with...

Pros

Flexible. Good price.

Cons

Can't think of one.

JH

Jason H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Best for Online Biz

I have had more than $200k in sales using my 3dCart store.

Pros

3dCart is very easy to use. I have 2 stores with 3dCart. 3dCart's dashboard makes managing my stores and inventory so simple. I can handle everything from designing the look of my website to fulfilling orders with 3dCart.

DH

David H.

Used other for 1-2 years

A Shopping Cart Jammed with Features, But a few issues prevented us from staying with them..

Pros

3dCart has so many features it's awesome. You can tweak every product to have individual options and custom messages etc. It also can handle buy buttons that you can place on other websites. The individual product options were very impressive. The user interface was easy to use. Lots of third part applications are integrated as well.

Cons

The stock templates always felt very dated. The layout blocks for new top sellers and new items etc are features that are never used on todays professional websites. The in store search did not work well and the filtering options were extremely limited without an add-on...which was still limited. The Mobile functionality was somewhat broken and people were not able to checkout for a while. The Customer Service wasn't too bad. The Chat was easy to get in touch, but the people on the other side didn't seem to understand their own platform sometimes. The email support was super slow.

MW

Mark W.

Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees

Good Value

We have 2 store sites with 3dCart and it's been pretty useful. It's relatively easy to manage the backend of your store. It allows you to do all of the business basics, and most of the product settings are pretty standard when you compare them with other e-commerce platforms. There are some limitations, but we haven't run into too many of those. The front-end design isn't bad either. They offer plenty of responsive (mobile and tablet friendly) templates, and with HTML and CSS knowledge, they are also customizable. Also works well with your accounting software. Most files are exportable in .csv format.

Pros

Easy to Use Great for Small Businesses

Cons

Monthly Fee Limitations

MH

Mitch H.

Self-employed

Happy Volusion Switcher!

3dcart was brought to my attention at a time where my frustration level with Volusion was peaking. I really didn't want to rebuild my website again, but 3dcart offered so much more bank for the buck that I had to commit and begin rebuilding. The feature I love most is product options - it has simplified my multi-sized product arrays from a both point of views, the customer and administrator. Absolutely...

Pros

Product Options

Cons

Lack of a user-editable price option feature. Rewards doesn't account for different level of rewards for a product with price level options. A feature (check-box) to disable directions on the contact us page - for eCommerce sites without a physical store, which is many, why show directions to an address that has no merit?

MS

Michael S.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Deletes long term customers website.

Deleted my website after years of service with them. No warning, still charging because no admin logged in within 90 days.

Pros

Can't have pros if it deletes your site with no warning.

Cons

Deletes your site without warning you and charges you.

mm

michael m.

Music, 1-10 employees

3dcart review

Happy with.

Pros

Adding new features, unlimited products and bandwidth for the plan

Cons

customer service does take some time to get back to us The live chat does not exist anymore.

Dan D.

Design, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Terrible CMS with even worse support

terrible product, terrible service and support. There are so many better FREE options out there why chose this?

Pros

It seems simple to set up a storefront but if you need any customization, you will be paying through the nose!

Cons

Where do i start? Horrible to customize design, features, functions of their CMS. Very little developers in the US can even help. The customer service was one of the worst i have dealt with. Even adding additional sliders wind up costing $$$ which is free in Wordpress. Do not use.

DW

Dana W.

Good for managing small business needs

Pros

It's easy to add and edit new products. It's customizable to your needs as a small business which is nice.

Cons

It can be a little glitchy here and there. There's a lot of little tricks that could be beneficial to you but aren't apparent on the website.

Casey U.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

A robust, easy to use piece of software with endless customization and wonderful support.

After using 3dcart with a previous company, I recommended it to my new employer when it came time to switch to a new software platform. I'm always impressed by the customer service, and for the ability to customize sites for the unique needs of any business.