Elementor Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.94/10

Reviews by rating

How you have access to so many fantastic features for free, it's amazing how much you can do within Elementor and how beautiful sites made from it can be.
I love elementor as it's very easy to use. It's slick and sharp to use, with great features like copy and paste which makes it a breeze to use elements from other pages.
I started out using Visual Composer because that was the main visual builder that everyone was using. Over time Elementor plugin got better and better and their visual builder got better and better.
Trying to correct formatting errors or other problems is where elementor fails. You have to pay for premium to perform a lot of functions.
I hate how every company now wants you to pay monthly fees, and guess what we do it. I don't know why, but many people are used to this model now, including myself.
Sometimes there are nasty bugs. You have to do that site again.

Catherine D.

Owner

Music, 1-10 employees

Clunky, slow and dysfunctional

Transcript

Catherine: Hi, my name is Catherine and I'm the owner of a music and music teaching related business....

MP

Michael P.

Owner

Music, 1-10 employees

Great Design Software but Customer Service is a Drag!

Transcript

Speaker 1: My name is Michael. I'm a small business owner. I'm giving Elementor a four out of five. For...

Torikul I.

Internet, 1-10 employees

A cool page builder that is so easy to use and very effective

My overall experience with elementor is outstanding, I really love this tool. This page builder helped me to do remarkable works for my clients. Elementor is very easy to use, effective, and a lot helpful which make my working process always enjoyable, that's why I love it so much.

Pros

I like everything about this page builder because it's simply amazing. Elementor has very helpful features and functionality that a developer needs to design a custom web page. For example, by using widgets I can design a section or element in just a few clicks. I really like how this page builder uses the column and row. Responsive design is pretty amazing with elementor. I have a total of 3 devices control, mobile, desktop, and tablet. All I need to do just, select the screen size and start doing the design for the other devices, that's so easy. A non-tech person can easily play with elementor, that's why all my clients love this page builder a lot.

Cons

In elementor latest version, I've noticed few annoying bugs. The design I create with elementor, it does not work perfectly in all browsers. All-time I can see the expected preview in google chrome, but in other browsers like Firefox or Microsoft edge, design CSS does not work. There is another big problem I've noticed on elements. Whenever I made a change from the back-end, I update the web page but it does not work because of useless conflicts. The plugin often creates conflict with other important plugins.

EB

Ellie B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

I couldn't live without Elementor, I've used it for years

My overall experience is fantastic. Since I started using it, I haven't looked anywhere else. I build, update and manage my whole website and blog with it. Usually, if some feature or plugin is missing, you can find a plugin for it.

Pros

My favourite feature of Elementor is the intuitive drag and drop editor. It makes website building incredibly easy - I just watched one YouTube video and I was off. It's completely intuitive, and I've now built a few websites in Elementor. You can also build templates which you can automatically use on specific pages and post types, such as blog posts in a specific category - which is super helpful. It's definitely worth getting the Pro level for access to many more widgets in the drag and drop builder, plus you can get more with free add-on plugins.

Cons

I expect a website builder to have good templates. However, the pre-built templates are the one thing Elementor lacks, in my opinion. I tried to use them at the beginning but they're really bad, there's not much choice, and they haven't updated them in years. As Elementors main feature is 100% customisability, it's not a huge deal, but it would be nice to have good templates for a quick landing page once in a while.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Ok Product, Terrible Service

I was a writer when I started using Elementor. I loved it at first. When I launched my own agency, my go-to was the Astra theme with Elementor. I don’t even know how many sites I built anymore. It really was a beautiful thing. Now I’m the in-house head of digital marketing for a company. My boss insisted I use another theme and host with Elementor. It’s been nothing but problems. Elements are glitchy,...

Pros

When it works, it makes WordPress sites as easy to work with as Wix, SquareSpace, or Weebly. My favorite theme (Astra) builds with Elementor, so I can build a very nice customized site in about a day despite not being a developer.

Cons

It’s buggy. Elements, like the typing/ animated text were released even though they don’t display properly. They were left buggy for forever (many months). I’m not even sure they’re working right now. Oftentimes, things don’t display right on mobile either. Their latest update broke my site. I didn’t realize it was Elementor’s fault, so I left updates on. Two weeks later, it broke my site again. Pair that with their shoddy hosting that’s often down and crummy tech support/ customer service and it’s a recipe for disaster. I wasted so much time going between Elementor and the theme’s developer with each blaming the other for things not working during the build. I don’t know how many things i scrapped or how many times I changed direction because things just weren’t working right.

Romaric S.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Elementor

Elementor is a very easy-to-use website builder. It's extremely affordable and meets the scope of most of my web design needs.

Pros

Apart from the divi visual and beaver builders, Elementor is one of my favorite web builders. It's simple to work with and once you are used to working with it, building a website becomes very easy.From the tool's design layouts to practical functionalities; everything works great. I mean, there's no way I will build an entire website without using the Elementor plugin except for the Divi theme.It's easy to use, time-saving and offers a lot of advanced functionalities that simplify the whole development process. I use features like lottier, parallax effects,I can't emphasize enough the importance of using this plugin

Cons

I haven't gotten a way to completely export a full page yet, apart from blocks, I tried to perform this action many times, and there seems to be no way for that.Secondly, the official WP AMP plugin, Elementskit pro, and WP rocket are always in conflict with Elementor pro, especially the WP AMP plugin. I can't explain why but I think developers should look into the situation because when this happens, to keep one plugin running, I need to deactivate the others (which are also important plugins form me)

JC

Janey C.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Never look back

Overall its the reason I love working in WordPress. I switched from another CMS specifically because of Elementor.

Pros

Ease of use and time saving: Elementor was a game changer for me in terms of productivity. Being able to lay out and style pages with drag and drop in real time saves a huge amount of time. It is really easy to use and its wonderful to have complete control over every aspect of your layout.

Cons

The one thing that I would like to see that would make it even more amazing to use would be the ability to adjust margins and padding on elements by drag and drop. Currently padding and margins need to be manually adjusted by entering a number in px or % and then saving. Its a small thing but would really help the workflow.

RH

Rosie H.

Design, 1-10 employees

The best Page Builder for WordPress

Overall building sites with elementor goes so much faster for me with their kits feature, site settings and theme builder. To have a universal header and footer saves a ton of time and to also have the choice of whether you keep it on all pages or select pages is great if you want to vary the options depending on the page. My time spent building sites has been greatly reduced with some of their mroe recent features which are availbe in their pro version.

Pros

Elementor makes site building so easy and the fact that it includes so many built in features means you can reduce the number of other plugins needed for an effective site build. I personally think it is far easier to use than some of the other page builders on the market, and I have tried a few. Now elementor is integrating with SEO plugins like Rank Math as well as course builders like Learn Dash which makes the types of sites I usually build work much better since these plugins "speak" to each other. Its extensive functionality eliminates the need for so many other plugins I used to use like form plugins. My favorite feature is being bale to download an entire site as a kit, plugins and all. The next is being able to edit site wide colors and fonts with site settings.

Cons

For newbies there might be a little bit of a learning curve especially when it comes to tweaking things like margins and positioning of widgets. The other con is that when they do updates you may find some of the features getting a little glitchy, but if you let their support know they are very responsive. There are a ton of features that you may never use if you are new to design, and it can be very overwhelming. There are occasional updates that reset some of the styles, but they usually can be fixed quite easily.

Oumarou S.

Internet, 1-10 employees

The best Wordpress page builder

My overall experience is awesome. I run a successful web design agency thanks to elementor

Pros

I love the ease with whom elementor allow anyone to design a stunning web page without experience.

Cons

Their Pricing plan can be better. Why not adding a lifetime plan?

Hossamudin H.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

It is the best if you can afford it.

Great, but I couldn't continue due to the price.

Pros

How easy it is to build an entire site with high quality templates. Also, it is really easy to customize the website in no time.

Cons

The price! It is so expensive that I had to switch although I love it so much.

RM

Roxana M.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Elementor is a game-changer for your website!

I am happy user for more than 2 years now! After struggling with our old editor, Elementor has changed our life.

Pros

I love that Elementor is extremely visual. I no longer have to wonder what I am designing, as I see it all in real time.

Cons

Sometimes there are some conflicts between new versions and some plugins.

AA

Amiofu A.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

A good software easy to use.

In all it was a good experience really enjoyed using it and found it easy to move about the sites.

Pros

It was really easy to use. I love the drag and drop feature. For a new user, I found it easy to understand and use the site on my own to develop a website page.

Cons

I can’t say anything per se apart from having so many tools and option and as a beginner it got overwhelming to use.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

The Only Tool you will ever need - Almost a perfect solution

It's almost a perfect site building tool and I say almost because of some of the problems which they have not been able to manage very elegantly. Be it the price change or security patches, the team has not handled it the way they should have. That being said, I love the software, such a solid tool that is way ahead of the competition. Can't recommend this enough.

Pros

There are so many good things about this tool, very beginner-friendly, easy to use, amazing dev team bending the product, the best part is the updates that keep coming. They have been continuously improving the software over time. Has a ton of integrations with third-party tools and makes the overall process of creating websites a breeze. This has been the only tool I have been using for the past few years now and it has not let me down. They are usually the first and the market leaders to implement new innovative features. I love the fact that they have recently started page load times seriously. Have been seeing speed optimizations for the plugin lately which is a step in the right direction.

Cons

They keep on revising their pricing plan which seems like a deceptive move to their loyal customers. The plugin has had security vulnerabilities in the past which is not as bad as the way they handled those. They did not offer a free security patch for their old customers and people were forced to renew their license due to the vulnerability. Lastly, their customer support for the product has seen a drastic downward trend which I have seen so many users complaining about almost on daily basis.

MT

Mark T.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

After 2-3 Years On My Website

Elementor has allowed me to create a website from scratch and build something I wanted. Yes, I used initial templates but this has developed over time to what I have today so I can offer my style to my niche. But the great thing is if I feel different tomorrow I can change the style and feel really quickly with all the options you have available.

Pros

Elementor is fairly easy to use. There is a bit of a learning curve but once you understand and use the support videos when needed you should find it quite simple to use. I like most the freedom to design and change as you please and quickly. You think of or see a new idea, ok I implement it now quickly, 10 minutes it's done. Fast, efficient, and ways to use.

Cons

For sure Elementor isn't everything you need. It's not a photo editor, this is my main issue. People use photos a lot for backgrounds, the home page hero section, getting the photo in the right position without losing the aspect of the photo can be an issue for me. Left or right, do not lose part of the head or body.

GZ

Gustavo Z.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

The easiest (and best?) way to create your WordPress's website

My overall experience with Elementor is the best possible. Since my first contact with Elementor, I see the power that you have with almost no effort, it's everything easy and direct to the point. As I described earlier, I wish I could pay for the Pro version with no pain, but even the Free version makes me pretty satisfied.

Pros

Elementor gives you many options, it's up to you to decide to start your website from scratch, or to use one of many pre-built templates available. If you decide to start from zero, the drag-and-drop system will make everything easy, you have (almost) full control over your design, just select what you want and put where you would like. Of course, there are some tricks that will take time to understand. If you decide to use one of their pre-built templates, I would say that this is the way! It's easy, there are great free options available, you just select the best parts of different templates and customize as your way. The best templates are paid, but even the free can do the job!

Cons

The price in my view is salty, I know it's worth but I wish they have a better option/price. Otherwise, there are no cons, they give you everything you may need on the Free version, so it's up to you to pay or not. I hope someday be well at a point that I can pay for the Pro version with no pain.

LT

Leon T.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Forgot cost, you can't afford not to

I absolutely depend on it. As a stubborn old construction non tech individual, it has saved me time, money and has given me a wider understanding of the web itsself. I can't believe I only had to pay what I did. Thank you Elementor

Pros

This is the best plugin/site builder ever. Just with the free features you get more value for what you pay for the entire program. I am a penny pincher, and I take my sweet time before offering my hard earned money on programs, and I will tell you I wasted more time by not diving in sooner. Time is money folks, and I also completed eliminated my need to bug my kids or tech guys for help on my site. Mr. Construction, who works with his hands can now build websites, forums, and everything in between. Is it worth it? Yes, for the cost of a steak dinner, you get months of your life back

Cons

I can't stand the fact I waited so long! I would say...the only thing they could do better is give away free gold at the end of the rainbow. Simply, and honestly, nothing.

George Rex A.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

The WordPress Builder Like No Other

Sincerely, I have never turned my back on Elementor every since I started using it. I have gained web design and development satisfaction by developing better solutions for clients.

Pros

Elementor came and changed the way we now use WordPress to build websites and web apps. I am in love with the fact that Elementor comes feature-packed with lots of free tools that are reusable and inheritable- an element can take a feature of another when properly set. Secondly, Elementor is the best WordPress builder there is even with its free version. I cannot start a WordPress project today without installing elementor as one of my first plugins. Its easy, feature-packed and upgradeable.

Cons

One thing I don't like about Elementor, and I really wish they do something about it, is the theme builder feature. I like the concept of trying to eradicate theme installations by letting users developed theirs, but that feature has hardly worked for me and I run away from its jurisdiction any time I open elementor to work.

JR

Jessica R.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

The Only Builder I Use Personally & Professionally

I use Elementor on personal websites, as a freelance website builder, and at work for an internet marketing company. We focus on WordPress websites and this builder has been such a game changer. More of our team is able to jump in and do their jobs without having to know code or pass fixes off to someone who does. We are also able to implement more complex and interesting-looking websites more simply, meaning savings for us and for our clients.

Pros

The pricing is affordable, and the value is fantastic. Initial builds and changes are both quick and simple. Going from design to finished website is so much faster with Elementor. They are constantly improving their builder.

Cons

Sometime text element spacing is unpredictable. So we have to look in multiple places to find out what is causing the text to behave that way. Some templates look fantastic, but have been implemented in less than ideal ways that are easy to break and difficult to customize.

CW

Chad W.

Design, self-employed

Why I left Genesis for Elementor

Overall my experience with Elementor/Elementor Pro has been positive. There are plenty of pain points that I hope get better as it continues to mature, but I'm able to build some really cool sites much faster than when using the Genesis Framework. If a client wants a new page or a new section on a page that task is significantly easier with Elementor then Genesis.

Pros

I love that Elementor allows me to create layouts and add design elements that would take a significantly longer time. It's as simple as installing the plugin and activating and if you want the additional features the yearly cost for Pro is very minimal especially for the features you gain. With the Genesis Framework you would have to build out widget areas in functions.php which was great compared to the prior methods but with Elementor it's as simple as adding a new section and styling it. At the end of the day, time is money.

Cons

For a new user (the client) it's still not as user-friendly as most of them would like. If they are used to the old WordPress methods of doing things change typically comes with some resentment. Depending on the complexity of the project there are many different areas of the admin that the user will have to look to figure out where something lives and even then it's not self-explanatory for someone...

Nadish H.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Best website builder so far

As I mentioned above, I used to use another website builder, I was really worried about the speed and performance optimization of my websites that I built with that website builder. My clients always complaint about the loading speed issues. Then luckily I found Elementor. It made my life easier. Now I develop most of my website with Elementor. It has tons of premade templates that I use for different...

Pros

The best thing about Elementor is that its 100% FREE + It use very less server resources as compared to other website builders. The premium version is also available with extended features and if you buy the premium version, then the sky is the limit.:) I used to use another website builder (don't want to mention the name, but a small hint: That website builder changed it name some times ago :)),...

Cons

Well to be honest, there's nothing that I like least about Elementor as Elementor has made my life much easier. :)

Brent R.

Elementor has changed how I build my websites and those of clients

After years of suffering through using Visual Composer and other builders, Elementor finally made me feel comfortable as it works the way I would anticipate a visual page builder to work. There are a few little issues, but the benefits are so much greater. It's intuitive and my clients can easily grab onto the concepts used in Elementor. All my sites and client sites are built on Elementor now.

Pros

Elementor is simply the most progressive, future-facing page builder I've seen. I've literally tried every page builder out there, and there are many good ones. But the folks at Elementor have gotten it right. You get full control over the styling, including all the modern CSS tricks you would want, and a very robust set of modules. The free version of Elementor is hands down the best free page builder...

Cons

There are a few modules that I would like to see more flexibility in, particularly those like the tabs and accordions. You can put any content you want in them if you use Elementor templates, but I'd like to be able to build layouts in them directly without having to use templates. The role manager could use a little more flexibility. Right now you either give people access to the content editing, or the whole builder, or none of the builder. I'd like to be able to allow them to edit content, duplicate/delete/add modules, but not access the advanced settings. But this is apparently coming, so I look forward to it.

Memory M.

Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees

The best site builder plugin on WordPress

I would 100% recommend Elementor for anyone that uses WordPress. You don't have to know how to code to use it (although there is an option for custom CSS if you do want to add that). No matter how much web design experience you have, you'll be able to use this. To offer a real-life example of how great it is, I hired the other web designer on my team with a lot of WordPress experience. We were discussing plans for building a new site and he had initially said he wanted to use a different CMS than WordPress. Once he started using Elementor, which I already had installed on another site, he found it to be so easy that he no longer wanted to veer away from WordPress.

Pros

I started using Elementor years ago at a previous job. At the time, it was just a page builder plugin but as it has grown in popularity, it has evolved into a entire site builder plugin. There are many 3rd-party plugins that can be installed to use with it, and there are a lot of themes that were built with the Elementor and integrate directly with it. The reason for its popularity how easy it makes...

Cons

There is a learning curve with you first start using Elementor. Although it is the easiest tool for building WordPress pages, there are a lot of options available and it can seem a bit overwhelming at first. But if you stick with it, and figure out the difference between the sections and inner sections, how how the widgets are used with them, you'll soon find it to be a web designer's best friend. One suggestion I have is to make sure you choose a theme that integrates with Elementor. When I first started at my current job, the sites were not built with Elementor-friendly themes. You can still use it with those themes but it doesn't work as well.

TI

Tariq I.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Best Plugin For Quick Website Development

Overall if anyone want seamless and intuitive website than i prefer to use Elementor

Pros

Elementor is one the best plugin i have used in WordPress to desing website very attractive and quickly. This plugins has drag and drop option so that you can change the position of elements without doing any code. If you are Elementor Pro user then things will he more easier as it provides you all the required items that is good very intuitive design. I can say even a non-developer can use Elementor you can set padding, width, add ijages, customize your headings even Elementor provide you option to add contact form code in its box.

Cons

Whioe using Elementor there is just oje problem it loads many unnecessary JavaScript files that slows down the overall website performance.

Abid S.

Banking, 5,001-10,000 employees

Best WordPress Page Builder Plugin

My overall experience with Elementor is really fabulous and awesome because this plugin has helped me to design professional websites. Whenever I have a plan to build an e-commerce website or even If I want to design my own personal blog, I always use the Elementor. For me, Elementor is very important for my websites and WordPress blog projects. I always use these beautiful content elements of the Elementor plugin during the webpages development process. Now I am able to design the webpages within a few minutes just because of the Elementor.

Pros

Elementor allows Web developers to design professional websites that open and load faster. The website building process is now very fast just because of the Elementor. Just drag and drop the content elements in your posts, pages or products and then edit the content of the element according to your requirements. Even you can design the header and footer areas of your website in a professional way. You can control each and every area of your website with Elementor. If you want to build and design your websites with awesome widgets and without the knowledge of programming languages then Elementor is really awesome.

Cons

As a free user, we can find lots of content widgets and elements and there are advanced widgets also available for the pro users. According to my point of view, some WooCommerce shop advanced widgets should also available for free users. All other features of Elementor are really useful for free users as well for pro users.

Pc

Pieter c.

Retail, self-employed

Elementor - The number 1 WordPress page builder

Elementor lets me add a lot of options and custom functionality without having the need of hiring a profesionnal developer. It allows us to serve our clients better, have a better looking website by using just 1 plugin (or two, if you use the Pro version).

Pros

Elementor (Pro) is an awesome drag & drop page builder with all the functionality you'll ever need. Elementor is very easy to work with, so you can design any page you want without coding knowledge. Just choose the widgets you want to add and voila, your page is populated with the chosen widget. Change fonts, colors, width,... you naem it, Elementor has it. The Pro version offers e-commerce functionality...

Cons

If you're using have caching on your website, like Cloudflare, it's possible some page titles keep displaying in the standard color, instead of the chosen color. You'll need to go to the Cloudflare settings and purge the pages you just edited. That's the only downside I'm experiencing wih Elementor.

Design, self-employed

Elementor is the best page builder for Wordpress

I will say without a second thought , to me Elementor easy to understand interface, drag and drop is the best element of the product by a wide margin. It gives you the opportunity to move your gadget on your page practically in any position you require it ,making it so adaptable to utilize.

Pros

There's nothing that you can't configuration, in a real sense any page, without doing a solitary line of code on WordPress. I can't imagine my single day without elementor. Component offers a lot of highlights to it's free arrangement which can assist you with building any site without any problem. Regardless of whether it is a greeting page or an organization site, elementor is generally a lifeline. It saves time, with less exertion and expertise! I work more than 60 sites for my clients with Elementor. Something else, there are some free and paid addons accessible in the market too which makes elemetor more grounded.

Cons

The main thing I detest about Elementor is it makes the site slow! On the off chance that you're a beginner, you can make a site with elementor by observing a few short instructional exercises on youtube. Be that as it may, when you experience the site, you'll see elementor made the site's speed a lot of lower. So you want to upgrade your site pictures, minify the codes and fix a few different variables to make the site quicker.

Ngenge Y.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Elementor

Elementor helps me to build websites super fast and they look pretty responsive and attractive. I highly recommend it.

Pros

Elementor is my preferred web builder. It's very easy to use and provides incredibly web building experience with its drag & drog capabilities. It's very smooth and has a lot of pretty pre-made templates that in reality, helps to maximize my workflow thereby reducing workload. It's cheap and can still be accessible without money, however, the free plan is limited in many ways. To really enjoy the power of this tool, I recommend upgrading to a paid version.

Cons

Sometimes it doesn't provide full historical data. I also discovered that the tool is so sensible to an extend where objects can be easily displaced from their initial positions when I mistakenly double-click my mouse. Secondly, when I have more than 4 elementor addons installed, It seems to take an eternity for elementor to load on my pages. I suggest these bugs should be fixed by developers.