Aha! Logo
Aha!

Aha! is the world's #1 product development software.

visit website

Aha! Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.02/10

Reviews by rating

Customer support was great and really helpful - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] went above and beyond to successfully help me several times, I do appreciate it.
Their support is also incredibly responsive and friendly, and their documentation is good. It's been really easy for me to teach myself the ins and outs of the product and get answers to my questions.
Good, support are brilliant. Often find the solution complicated, requiring research and dedication on how to set it up correctly.
It can suck up a lot of time just configuring and experimenting.
The inability to two-way integrate with Pivotal Tracker has proven extremely difficult in optimizing our workflow with our other teams (design, engineering etc.).
During the evaluation period I did not find any specific features that I dislike.

Emily L.

Director of Investor Relations

Venture Capital & Private Equity, 11-50 employees

Aha! Review

Transcript

Emily: Hi, this is Emily. I'm a strategic growth manager and I give Aha! a four out of five. For more...

GN

Gala N.

Manager

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great software made for Product Management team

Transcript

Gayla: Hi, I'm Gayla. And I am a Manager of Strategic Programs and Project Management in the financial...

Jon T.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Great Start!

Program-level road mapping is looking very positive. We are looking to continue the evaluation for a bit more and then look to purchase a number of enterprise-wide licences for program and project managers to utilise and share a common and collaborative platform.

Pros

Very robust, yet flexible to my needs and presentation. Always accessible with the cloud-based format. Visual illustrations of roadmaps and timelines across many projects and programs conveys customisable key messages to all key stakeholders- Executives, managers, and team members, alike. Customer support is also awesome; I was able to engage in a 1:1 tutorial and answer all my queries at that time and readily afterwards.

Cons

A bit of a learning curve as to how to apply the software to fit my requirements and intentions. Customer support helped a lot to easily overcome that.

MG

Matt G.

The Best End-to-End Product Management Software Available

I have implemented and used Aha! across several companies and have seen it grow for nearly a decade. It keeps only getting better.

Pros

Aha!'s data model is robust and flexible to account for our unique way of running our business. The reporting and notes/collaboration tools allow us to consolidate all of our PM-based efforts into a single system. This helps keep everyone aligned, organized and efficient.

Cons

Because the application is so robust, there are some workflows sub-optimal user experiences (e.g. accessing views and report versions, creating capacity plans) that make onboarding new users cumbersome.

Hi Matt, Thank you for your positive review! It is great to hear how Aha! is helping your organization (and past organizations!) achieve success — especially with reporting and notes. For new users, we have a great overview (https://www.aha.io/support/roadmaps/strategic-roadmaps/introduction/get-started-with-aha) on getting started with Aha! Roadmaps. As always, if you ever need any help at all, our Customer Success team are all former product managers and would love to answer any questions (support@aha.io) you may have.

MW

Matthew W.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

A good option for maintaing a backlog of features and defects

Aha has been a good product for us, however we would like to see some updates or find a better long term solution.

Pros

Aha! is great for keeping a running backlog of features and defects to be seen across the organization and with external clients if desired. It makes voting on ideas easy and sharing those ideas out simple.

Cons

Aha! can sometimes be buggy when typing up a new idea, the admin portal is messy and hard to navigate. It is difficult to search for particular items in the portal from the back end. I wish there were more options to customize what fields people could and couldn't see.

JB

Jeff B.

Industrial Automation, 10,001+ employees

My Two Cents

My experience is positive and I was able to convince management to invest in additional licenses after being acquired and merged with a couple other technology companies. All companies in our new division have standardized on Aha as the Product Management tool.

Pros

Support is great! We are a global company with cross functional teams on multiple continents. Aha enables the team to collaborate, and communicate our plans to management efficiently.

Cons

Enforcing utilization. The tool is only as good as the data that goes in. It's been a bit of a struggle getting everyone to use the tool as part of their daily work vs. updating everything the day before I want a debrief on the plan.

RO

Ryan O.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Finally A Product Management Application That Solves All Needs

From the moment our trial started, I was impressed by the software and support we were provided. We weren't provided a sales pitch to later lead to a demo with no direction as is the case with most new application onboarding. Our sales person was also our technical advisor with a background in product management. They were able to answer all questions during our initial call. They demoed the product as it related to our experiences. And, they provided technical support throughout our trial. It truly was an excellent experience.

Pros

Aha! solves nearly every need we have for product management. It easily integrates with systems we've found difficult to connect in the past and it provides a straightforward, easy-to-use interface for stakeholders to provide Ideas and Requirements. One or both of these have been a major struggle for other applications we've tested. On top of this, Aha! provides a structure to our product management and future roadmap that we've not had in the past. This is important as a single user may work across multiple workspaces managing a multitude of products.

Cons

If you are not familiar with the technical setup, there are some complexities to work through, especially if integrating with other systems. However, once done correctly, these integrations work flawlessly. Also, if you are new to agile product management or you've never worked in a rigid product roadmap structure in the past, there is a learning curve. With this said, once learned, it will make you a better product manager while making you far more productive.

Hi Ryan, Many thanks for sharing your review. I am so glad to hear that our Customer Success team was able to help you get set up. Every member of our customer success team has deep product management expertise — and our primary purpose is to increase the happy use of Aha! products. We are available 24/7 and respond to everyone globally within a couple of hours. Please do not hesitate to contact us at support@aha.io if you have any other questions.

RT

Rekha T.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

Excellent tool for product innovation and management

I love that Aha! Customer teams are focused on customer success. They provide exceptional support and their knowledge center is outstanding! Every Aha customer support interaction has been quick, and addressed to satisfaction. All employees seem like they are experienced and well trained and respectful/professional.

Pros

The roadmap functionality and features, ideas portal and the ability to create dynamic presentation are key features that have been critical to our product teams. I like that we can connect the strategy of our business, goals and mission at the function and feature level. The UI is easy and intuitive and connecting to Jira is a huge plus for our collaboration with solutions engineering teams.

Cons

SAFe methodology is not completely implemented - although we have found ways to engineer it to fit our organizational maturity in adoption of SAFe

KL

Kim L.

Media Production, 201-500 employees

Fantastic Support & Quick Start Up

The exceptional Support Team has made all the difference in how we've been able to effectively use Aha! to manage projects. They REALLY do respond in a couple hours, the chat function is fantastic for quick questions, and it's very easy to schedule time to talk through more complex topics. The quality of the knowledge base, video tutorials and regularly offered trainings are the best I've experienced. Behind all that is a knowledgeable, friendly and extremely helpful team of Support folks.

Pros

Aha! provides a comprehensive set of tools to allow our teams to track work from an initial thought through to completion. Using Aha! we managed an extremely complex software implementation with multiple integrations and were able to track the work at varying levels of detail while always knowing status. Aha!'s My Work dashboard, assignment and commenting capabilities ensured our team members, with minimal effort, could readily identify their work, call out and address roadblocks and communicate progress. Team members who are more interested in doing the work than saying what work they did are converts to the value of Aha!, praising searchability, ease of use and a central repository for all the critical information.

Cons

Determining the workspace structure proved challenging for us and we are still trying to decide what's the right configuration. Still, there's really no wrong way to set it up and the flexibility and adaptability of the product will allow us to evolve our structure to meet our evolving organization's needs.

KR

Karen R.

Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees

Using Aha for Education Assessment products

We are introducing the product management function accross the business. Therefore introducing the departments and senior management to the functions of Aha has been my priority. The multiple benefits have included, multi person access as a reviewer / viewer. Transparency of the portfolio roadmap, clarity and confirmation of epic and feature details and the development priorities. A prime benefit has been the capabilityof the tech team and CTO to cost up the features and epics in more detail than previously, supporting investment requests.

Pros

For my role as Head of Product Management: The strategic view of the product portfolio is all important for the company to see and for me to report. The functions I use most are the strategic and portfolio roadmaps, goals and linked initiatives. I absolutely love the dashboard function, especially for executive resporting. And now use the different workspaces for the different departments who are dependant on the product management scheduling, this is also an added bonus.

Cons

I really wish the functions would allow clarity for Strategic objectives, rather than goals and support the framing of dependant team and individual OKR's. I also find it difficult to delete releases and features on the Strategic level workspace. It would benefit the different types of users to have the functionalities that they need and navigate to it easily. From my role as head of to the associate product manager, we have different uses and feature requirements.

Jessica E.

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Very complete product. Great customer support.

Pros

Has all the features I need to conduct my daily Product Management work, and the tool's speed and performance makes it very easy to work with.

Cons

Pricing gets very expensive as it is paid per user. Should have an option of unlimited guest members (viewers) There are many features and functionalities. I believe the onboarding tutorials could be more detailed and show real daily examples of features usage.

Hi Jessica, Many thanks for your review. It is great to hear how Aha! is helping your organization achieve success. We offer a variety of plans to meet different organizational needs. Many customers find our Enterprise plan is great for balancing paid seats for folks who need to add and manage product data with unlimited seats for folks who just need to review and comment on data. If you are interested, please don't hesitate to send us a note at support@aha.io. Our Customer Success team are all former product managers and would love to answer any questions.

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

Possibly the best product management and roadmapping tool. Period.

We love it -- My team and I. Their support has been quite great too.

Pros

Simplicity and ease of use. We tested almost 4 other products and can safely say Aha! takes away the complexity and the confusion away for small product teams when building software, and yet retains the powerful features so that we can grow.

Cons

Cant think of anything extraordinary that may have had a negative impact. Really can't..

AC

Audrey C.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Best customer service, hands down!

Aha! is so robust. I am learning so much, but it is already making a great impact on the transparency that we needed with our team. Having watchers on projects and activities and the ability to tag anyone that's just a viewer or reviewer is fantastic! We manage over 100 events a year and more than 40 sales people, so keeping them in the loop with our progress is great. It's helping us get out of some...

Pros

Aha! allows you to tie higher level goals to initiatives that can dial down to the most granular level. We wanted the capability to pull reports for our C-level executives to see what we're working on and our previous project management system didn't have that as an option.

Cons

We also loved the workflow features, however there's a little snag in the way we need to visually see our activities and tasks so, unfortunately, right now they don't have the capability to have a true workflow (phases and milestones) tied in with our processes because they get buried in the top level schedule/project. Since we work in the marketing world, our processes are different than the product...

JF

Joseph F.

Management Consulting, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Frequently Recommend to My Clients

I have recommended and will continue to recommend Aha! to my clients whenever they want to clearly see how their roadmap, initiatives, values, mission, personals, competitors, projects and releases are all interrelated and support (or don't support) the overall goals of the organization. It comes down to one word...CLARITY.

Pros

I am a management consultant. I work with small to medium-size businesses. Often these engagements involve helping leaders get their arms around a complex set of long-range forecasts roadmaps, projects, initiatives, strategic goals, products, services, and more. Aha! brings clarity to my clients like no other tool I have used. There are other tools that do this or that but nothing is as easy to use and drives clarity for leadership in an organization. I love the ability to create a live web page that shows changes and updates to the roadmaps and other documentation in real-time. The time savings alone in not having to create a new slide deck for the executives is a sheer delight to my clients.

Cons

If you are looking for something to manage the details of your project, I would not use Aha! It just isn't made for that. I always set Aha! on top of a project or product management system; jira or smartsheet. Getting your head wrapped around the hierarchy of Aha! can be a learning curve but once you get that down it makes sense and works great.

RM

Rudra M.

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

Excellent Roadmap & Idea Management Package

Centralized auditability for investment, traceability from idea to release, centralized communication to internal teams, feedback from customers, structured rankings - list goes on. We originally used Doors, which is an extremely good (but rigid) requirements management platform. Aha! works better with our shift in development practices, and in tandem with JIRA, while adding a lot of capability that wasn't present before (outside of scattered presentations and spreadsheets).

Pros

Philosophically, the software gently pushes you to validate decisions that are key to product management - why are you building this, who is it for, how is it helping you achieve strategic and tactical goals? With that in mind, it sets up the team to be critical in their choices, extremely important in the current market. You're not forced to use these features, but it helps with both top-down alignment and bottom-up justifications for expenditure. From a feature perspective, the JIRA and Confluence integration work well for our purposes, the cascading templates help us ensure consistency in communication with Engineering across the product lines, an the Ideas portal is a great addition for internal and external feedback.

Cons

Additional data types for the extensible entities would be nice - lists of custom entities for one.

MM

Matt M.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Excellent product management system with excellent customer support

It has been a pleasure to work in Aha! and see all that it has to offer. The response time and the quality of responses/follow up has been second to none.

Pros

I like how easy this product is to use and all the features it has to offer. It's easy to setup and configure to meet most of the needs of my team. We are operating within the Scrum Framework and this tool is being used by all Scrum teams in the Agile Release Train (ART). We have been pleased with the analytics functionality to report out how we're doing as an ART.

Cons

There isn't functionality specific to Scrum teams. It would be great to have a 'Sprint report' auto generated so that we can easily see what was done, what was not done during a Sprint, burndown report and other key metrics reported for our Sprint Reviews. Right now, we piece all of this together.

ND

Nicole D.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Aha support and documentation second to none. All the features you need.

A very positive experience that allows us to map strategic goals to the work done. It provides tools such as scorecards, custom fields and calculations that allow managers to assess the work on an even playing field, and set a roadmap that can be tracked with achievements building to the end goal.

Pros

Easy to integrate with development software and link to that work to the strategic goals and initiatives to make sure we build the right things the right way, in the right order for the right reasons. Achievements build and are tracked overtime to show the ROI quickly and easily.

Cons

The price per user prohibits it from becoming the main tool used by all staff. It requires project tracking to be done in the development tool to minimise project costs overall.

MJ

Mike J.

Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 employees

Couldn't live without this product

I love this product, it has been great to use, and the customer support is outstanding and always able to help me solve my issues.

Pros

The ease of use is awesome, and bringing new users onboard is simple and quick. The integration to JIRA, and SSO, makes my administration and use simple and straightforward. It allows me as a product manager to manager the roadmap, and dev to concentrate on their JIRA environment which they are comfortable in.

Cons

The presentation module could use some more customizations, and tools, it is OK, but I end up creating PDF's and moving them to powerpoint.

DF

Dan F.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Best customer service and support

Our organization continues to expand the use of Aha. From Feature management, have also expanded to Idea Management, and are now taking on a more strategic use of goals, initiatives, and the like.

Pros

While the product is very good, Aha's customer service and support is far and away the best I have ever encountered, not only from software providers but pretty must across all walks of life. So responsive, so informative with the responses, and if anything needs some additional work, they are quick to schedule a timely call to work through solutions to satisfaction.

Cons

Navigation can leave a little to be desired. can be very confusing if not in it every day

LS

Lisa S.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Offers room to grow in to

Overall Aha! is a very well documented and supported product. The support I've received both over the phone and via email has been great - they really do have experienced product managers available to answer technical questions as well as talk about implementation details/best practices (note: they will make you schedule an appointment if you need to go to the level of screen share...I struggled with that at first but I think it's a gentle way of teaching folks to fish...as most questions can be answered if you take the time to read the documentation). We have also had a good response on a couple of key feature requests which I was impressed by given our modest account size.

Pros

What has been most useful to us is the ability to let the respective teams remain in their tools of choice while being able to knit together an end to end picture from top-level goals down to the execution of features and go to market activity. The pre-built integrations to Salesforce, Zendesk, GitHub, Slack, and Asana made linking the picture together across our org a pretty light lift.

Cons

We struggled with the UI here and there as well as getting folks fully up to speed on the available capabilities/best practices as it is feature-rich. Our approach was an incremental deployment starting in the middle of the data model. If I had a chance to do it again, I would start at the top with clear goals, vision and a focus on capturing product strategy details and then move down through the initiatives and into tracking the implementation details via releases/epics/features. Some of the new enterprise + features around collecting customer feedback are pretty interesting.

MO

Max O.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Aha! - A review

Aha! gets us 80% of the way there for most things we need, but that extra 20% would take it from good to great.

Pros

We like the ability to standardise our product management processes and data model across teams that had historically operated in different ways. Integration with Jira makes it easy to reflect development work being done with limited manual intervention required. The support team is always great and prompt to respond to queries. Good communication on new/upcoming features, too.

Cons

Some small improvements could go a long way for us - prioritisation views for initiatives, clearer record rankings, more configurability of the nicer-looking roadmap views, and so on. Additional configurability in user licenses would also be really beneficial (i.e. adding advanced functionality for just a subset of users) as there are some add-ons that could add a lot of value to some users but aren't always needed by all.

Hi Max, Thank you for your positive review. It is great to hear how Aha! is helping your organization standardize your product management processes. I would encourage you to submit or vote in our ideas portal (https://big.ideas.aha.io/) in regards to your small improvements requests. Our product managers continuously review ideas when building out our product roadmap. As always, if you ever need any help at all, our Customer Success team are all former product managers and would love to answer any questions (support@aha.io) you may have.

MW

Michael W.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Most valuable tool for me as PO in customer projects

Pros

The roadmapping, release planning and feature boards.

Cons

The price tag is deterring the organisation to adapt it fully.

Hi Michael, Thank you for your positive review! It is great to hear how Aha! is helping your organization achieve success. In regards to your comment on price, we offer a variety of plans to meet different organizational needs. Many customers find our Enterprise plan (https://www.aha.io/roadmaps/pricing) is great for balancing paid seats for folks who need to add and manage product data with unlimited seats for folks who just need to review and comment on data. But it is great to see your product and engineering teams staying in sync with the Jira integration. If you need any further help, please don't hesitate to send us a note (support@aha.io). Our Customer Success team are all former product managers and would love to answer any questions.

RG

Ryan G.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Aha! is a refreshing restart for Project Management software after a big search for a suitable tool!

Increased ability to manage projects effectively and an ability to handle more projects without a decrease in organization. Upscaling the company's activities as we grow, Aha! is able to positively affect a single project, and also adds benefit when managing multiple projects in an environment that may be stretched for resources at any given time. Aha! can grow with your company.

Pros

Vast amount of functionality related to almost all aspects of project management. The scheduling tools to set up different timelines and dependencies on a project is the best I have seen in a single self-contained project management tool. Apart from basic time management and scheduling tools there are also a wide array of data analysis that can produce graphs, charts, and reports on project details recorded into Aha!, providing info previously unrecorded or not taken advantage of while using previous platforms. This allows you to see how much time you spend, your pain points, and areas of improvement for a single project or for the entire company as a whole.

Cons

As with any complicated software, the software has a steep learning curve and it is difficult to build new processes in a company for a program with this much coverage and that touches so many aspects of the company. Oftentimes when we began using the product for a certain purpose we found that it was often required to make adjustments in other areas of the company to effectively use the software. A good example would be our adjustment of protocols in the company with JIRA to effectively leverage functionality in Aha!. This often meant work required in those areas that was not initially foreseen. However, when was said and done - after on-boarding the product the benefit was a net increase in our ability to effectively manage projects.

GC

Geraldine C.

Utilities, 1-10 employees

Flexible software to allow Product Managers to refocus on strategy

Pros

I particularly like how Aha! allows the PM to link the features/tasks the team are working on to the reasons why these features have been defined and prioritized over others. It gives a clear direction to the entire team. I recently joined a startup company as a product manager and I felt daunted by the amount of features and tasks that were waiting to be developed in the backlog. The team was working...

Cons

I have only used the software as a trial until now, so I haven't spent too much time in adapting it to our specific needs. Once we sign up for the paid version, I know that I will have to dedicate a few days to set it up to best fit our needs and customize a few of the options. I am glad that their support team is so responsive. I am pretty sure I will need their help and I am looking forward to working with them and benefiting from their experience from other companies.

Andrew D.

Game changing Product Management Software

Exceptional!

Pros

The software makes Product Management possible at scale. What I love is the ability to gather all different feature and enhancmeent ideas from around my company easily through Aha's idea portals. All of our employees now know to drop any of their ideas into our portal so that the product team can actively manage them and push them into the product. Gone are the days of countless emails saying, "I wish the product did xyz..." or being stopped in the hallway to be told about a feature request. Our employees easily transfer ideas from our clients directly into our portals too. It's a lifesaver!

Cons

The product is great and I don't have any negatives to say! Takes a little while to think about how you want it implemented, but it's very flexible and can scale with your team.

HH

Hans H.

Executive Office, 1,001-5,000 employees

Roadmapping

The online ideas portal is very easy and convenient to use. The product structure for portfolio management takes some time and energy to invest in, but once set it is very powerful and easy to use.

Pros

AHA! is a perfect tool for product roadmapping from ideas to shipped releases.

Cons

There are quite a lot of features in AHA! that are too overwhelming to use

LR

Leroy R.

Food Production, 10,001+ employees

Aha! Making an Impact at BBU

The business issue solved here allows Sales to have it's own solution for product owners, project and development management, ideas portals for frontline feedback, and provides solutions quickly without absorbing IT resources to accomplish Sales goals.

Pros

The most liked capabilities include road maps, Releases, Epics, and Features allowing for execution in the Agile model. The initial configuration for SSO was relatively simple and integration with Jira is a WIP item. The road map functionality allowed me to present a detailed overview of deliverables over the next year from Initiatives, Goals, and provide the Agile delivery expectations. The Executives have a vision and this makes it better and easier to make informed decisions.

Cons

Although, considered Cons everything encountered from Colors on Roadmaps to new products like Surveys the Aha! team is always engaging and ready for feedback. Also, the feedback is actionable and they are already working on these solutions.