Aha! Reviews

4.67/5 (137 reviews)

Simon Morris

A Product Manager's best friend

Reviewed 2018-06-19

Having been on a long journey over the years with many different types of project/product management software solutions, none of them ever seemed to be "the one". Aha takes a different approach, and focuses on management of end-customer value that is aligned against the vision you have for your company and its products. It's the first work management platform I've used that took this holistic approach, and actually its massively empowering. I'm now able to construct high level roadmaps for complex projects that span multi-discipline teams that can be reported to all stakeholders very clearly and easily. Managing the features the team are going to focus on in a customer centric way is also great. Yes, you can use Aha for task management, but often in a product management capacity it's more important to express WHAT customer outcomes & benefits we want, and then let the team figure out HOW to deliver them. Moreover, the customer support from the Aha team is excellent, with plenty of guides not just how to use the platform, but also how to strategically tackle typical challenges that product managers face. I highly recommend Aha. It's a liberating product from a team that clearly have an awesome culture based around customer success.

John Paugh

Great Tool for Project & Portfolio Mgmt

Reviewed 2017-05-23

We can share project information and status immediately within our team, also useful for visual displays for internal and external meetings.As an IS project management team, we like Aha's ability to organize all project and portfolio information in one spot. The custom report section's timeline report is used frequently for all portfolio reviews, and it allows us to drill down to a product, release, feature with 3 clicks. We also use the comments sections for meeting minutes and another task tracking. I would estimate we only use 50% of Aha's capabilities but are very happy with our purchase. I Also customer service is 5 star when I submit an email I get a response often within the hour.

Ryan Gagnon

Aha! is a refreshing restart for Project Management software after a big search for a suitable tool!

Reviewed 2017-09-15

Increased ability to manage projects effectively and an ability to handle more projects without a decrease in organization. Upscaling the company's activities as we grow, Aha! is able to positively affect a single project, and also adds benefit when managing multiple projects in an environment that may be stretched for resources at any given time. Aha! can grow with your company.Vast amount of functionality related to almost all aspects of project management. The scheduling tools to set up different timelines and dependencies on a project is the best I have seen in a single self-contained project management tool. Apart from basic time management and scheduling tools there are also a wide array of data analysis that can produce graphs, charts, and reports on project details recorded into Aha!, providing info previously unrecorded or not taken advantage of while using previous platforms. This allows you to see how much time you spend, your pain points, and areas of improvement for a single project or for the entire company as a whole.

Jaana Simula

Fantastic tool for a startup to manage strategy and roadmap

Reviewed 2017-12-26

I used Aha! in my previous job as a Product Manager. When I started my own company, Aha! was the obvious choice for me to use to build our short and long term roadmaps. Aha! guides you through roadmap creation starting from your strategy, vision and business environment. The way Aha! is set up makes you think through all critical aspects of your business like the competitive landscape, and take them into account in your roadmap planning. Going through the roadmap process in Aha! ensures that we stay focused on the right things that bring us the most value. Aha! Customer Success Team is legendary. In my 20+ years of career I've never experienced anything like it. True professionals who know what they're doing. The team responds to issues within minutes. They resolve the issues within minutes. They want you to be successful, and provide you advice and best practices to get you there. This is how customers should be treated, and Aha! is an inspiration to us in that!

Peter Gustafson

I had a major Aha! experience switching to this awesome tool

Reviewed 2018-01-16

The benefits you get from Aha! are unlimited. By integrating it into your product team you'll likely want to do some hard training to get everyone onboard. Although they do offer exceptional training modules in their admin panel.Having worked in the SDLC on many projects, I've seen the good, bad and ugly. Often the struggle is working within the confines of closed-system solution such as Jira. The pros of Aha! are it's 100% cloud-based so access is simple (especially for me since my employer requires PCs and I work on a Mac). Another big feature is the mapping function which makes project status and planning simple with visuals. I also think the polling functionality is pretty nice to poll your team on their support (or opposition) of specific features. Face, the less time you spend in meetings, the better you can engineer and code product.

rosa trachta

Organize yourself and your plans

Reviewed 2017-07-14
Review Source: Software Advice

Lets you plan a roadmap the way you would in real life - in many tiers, from strategic to actual user stories that will be completed. These roadmaps are visually appealing at all levels! That means you can present and share your work and plans at any level of detail without having to pull out graphic design tools to abstract out the details or "make it pretty" for a presentation. I LOVE their notebooks. After I share a roadmap or presentation, I create a notebook so I can always track a "snapshot" of the plans I presented. This lets me go back and reference how things have changed and why they changed. I like the ability to create and track personas as well as competitive information in their wiki type pages.

Thom Hounsell

Trans-formative tool!

Reviewed 2017-07-27

Ability to organize, rank and manage SDLC.We've used Aha for a few years now to manage new features of our large, waterfall-based software platform. I've used other tools that are simpler and others that are more complex/comprehensive. For me, Aha is a great middle ground that is very easy to use and modify without having being too complex to configure.

Matt Armstrong

Awesome platform for managing product development for distributed teams

Reviewed 2017-06-15

A massive increase in visibility and comprehension between sales/product design and the development teams. We now have better certainty about features and requirements, and there's a lot less 'lost email' that previously led to confusion and delays.Very complete product for working on one or more product management projects. We've noticed a 'tightening up' of both our internal and external teams for communication, comprehension, and delivery as we shifted to Aha. It feels like we've barely scratched the surface of what's possible in the product especially with integrations and the various template, workflows, and automation. We have two development teams on our first Aha project, and Aha has made it very easy to see the dependencies between teams and keep the conversations and 'to do' tasks in one place. Customer support has been proactive, and I could get on online meeting upon request to clarify some very specific points that related to our workflow. Documentation is also very good and for a deep product there is a high degree of intuitiveness (if that's a word).

Nick Kewney

The perfect solution for software product managers & development teams

Reviewed 2017-04-03

Introducing Aha! into our product delivery process has further reduced the gap between product & technical teams and resulted in a more predictable & stable team cadence. More importantly, our adoption of the product has helped us deliver projects on-time, whilst continuing to manage and prioritise requests from existing customers. Prior to discovering Aha, we were planning an in-house tool which connected our product managers to development teams. After a short trial, we finally got that "Aha" moment when we hooked up Atlassian JIRA & Slack and realised that we wouldn't need to spend time away from our core business activities to develop a solution to manage ideas and product features. We've been using the product for almost a year now and have required support twice for minor issues. In both instances, the company has been ultra-responsive, with answers coming from actual product managers at the company... even late on a Saturday night. The product does have a slightly steep learning curve, but if you stick with it and take the time to set it up, it's well worth the upfront investment in time! Supporting everything from company vision, right down to individual feature specifications means products managers have everything they need to keep our product relevant and ahead of the curve.

Anonymous

The only tool I know that does the job.

Reviewed 2017-10-27

Finally a tool that actually supports Product Managers properly.Supports the Product Management process really, really well and helps communicate what's going on. Very flexible and can model most processes. The external idea portal integration is neat, and so is the ability to integrate with external tools like Zendesk. Support is very, very fast and helpful with product usage questions.

Anonymous

Great tool for portfolio management

Reviewed 2018-04-21

Finally a tool properly designed for Product Managers! Use it every day to capture ideas and keep track of high level epics/ initiatives we use it weekly during our executives meeting and that helps to keep everyone informed and re-prioritize on the spot when needed. my personal favorite is the notebook feature that we can then share. We use it to project our roadmap on our big office TV as an information radiator to keep everybody informed of what's coming

Violet Allen

Useful service for organized teamwork

Reviewed 2019-01-09

Aha! is a cloud-based software for management and strategies creation. In addition, it is great in roadmaps developing. This software is a perfect solution for effective teamwork and client’s collaboration. Moreover, all information stays safe and sound in one, secure place. If you need a service for information monitoring and teamwork coordination then you definitely need to try Aha! software. It has all important tools and options for strategies creation, planning, and organization of the working process.

Jon Ellis

Over all, the easiest most feature rich product of it's type

Reviewed 2018-04-27

Easier management, improved communications, better roadmap visibility.Incredibly easy to setup and use. After watching the training videos I was up and running with a test project within the hour. The interface is clean and consistent, and largely self explanatory for anyone - you don't need to be a product or project manager. The fact that it provides light functions to bring together different business areas and report on pretty much everything is a real bonus. I have used Jira in the past and a complaint often heard from non technical staff is 'it's too techie'. Aha is not - it's very simple, and as a bonus integrates with Jira if that's what your dev team use. Support is also lightning quick - quite literally all of my comms have been responded to withing the hour - sometimes within 15 minutes - and that's an answer from a person - not an automated 'we'll deal with it sometime never' response.

Anonymous

This is a very useful software for building the product feature roadmap and tracking it

Reviewed 2018-04-20

I am able to build my product roadmap and have it in a state where it can be shared easily with others, track the progress of features and plan ahead. The product works well for the most of the product development lifecycle. It is customizable enough to have multiple products and product lines tracked efficiently and in detail. It's Pivot reports functionality is very powerful to view the features grouped by various parameters and generate some excellent reports.

Norah Brennan

In 1 year Aha! has allowed us to do better roadmaps and excel in prod. Mgmt tasks.

Reviewed 2017-10-30

I've been way more effective at communicating my product strategy with the capabilities in excel. A lot less manual cleanup to get my message out. And we've been able to expand into a more robust formal competitor and client tracking too!So easy to use. After playing around with the trial version, we started setting up our own instance. We've changed our approaches here and there, but the ease of reporting, audit tracking of all activity, and the visibility of organizing releases and requirements has been a major improvement over the spreadsheet roadmaps I had before.

James Wood

Changed Everything for us

Reviewed 2017-07-11

The sheer amount of time it saves once it is set up - it gives clarity not just to everyone in my team, but has some amazing features to share very specific (you can be very granular) details about products with all stakeholders.How comprehensive it is - not only has it allowed us to much more easily manage our product roadmap, but it has taken hours off our week through the "Notebook" reports which we can issue to all stakeholders.

Anonymous

Best project management tool for product managers

Reviewed 2018-06-29

Aha! This truly is top most project management tool used by most companies as it aids product managers to deliver specifications of a product with premium quality. It is a roadmap to different solutions and features and helps in delivering the best possible, by satisfying the customers needs and wants. The overall quality of this product is outstanding and the most preferred tool in the corporate networks. The customer support is really brilliant when it comes to understanding the product or regarding any queries or other stuffs.

Jasmine Arnold

Awesome tool for your business

Reviewed 2018-04-03

Aha! has very flexible workflows, custom fields, terminology, and good design of the interface. Its menu and all features are incredibly simple and intuitive, I picked it up with no particular training. I like how you can sort or filter your boards and tasks into different styles of the display until you find the one that works best for you. We have Aha implemented for different departments across the organization. It is great for breaking product plans into initiatives, features, and user stories. This helps the organization understand the product plan and what is driving individual work items.

Anonymous

Aha! can run your product management function - if you learn it

Reviewed 2018-06-17

Roadmap planning, feature tracking, agile planning, public ideas board.Aha! is just incredibly powerful. From GANT and agile planning to long term feature and master feature roadmaps, Aha! has the firepower to roll up even the most complex roadmaps. Reporting is robust and in depth, and integrations link to your existing strategic initiatives seamlessly. Public facing roadmaps and ideas boards complete the experience to go from vision to product.

Halley High

The most prospective tool for PM

Reviewed 2018-04-22

I definitely like the most the system of pricing here and what contains in each suggested plan. If you look at the plans, you can notice that the developers take care of each size of company, starting from startup and ending with big enterprises, and they can help you as with the very beginning of work(create a plan, strategy, divide it for the certain time intervals and so on) the same as in case you are already have the successful product and you want to know how to continue to keep up this.

Anton Zubets

We love Aha and the way it helps our distributed team to stay focused on what's important.

Reviewed 2018-01-23

It is designed with the product management in mind, the way it should be. Helping you to focus on the key things that you need to clarify, design and plan. At the same time it allows you to customize the flow/process you want to use in your team, and even the vocabulary/terms you get used to use - so you really feel that it's your team's tool at the end! Our Engineering team also enjoys using Aha cause it gives them convenience while updating the progress on current business requirements and also allows to keep track of the technical features on the roadmap.

Sikia Soller

Aha! has given us the ability to implement our Product Vision one release at a time.

Reviewed 2017-08-28

Aha! has streamlined our release management process, while at the same time allowing us to track our product vision for each release. We can now link that vision directly to product enhancements included in each release, ensuring that our product moves forward and is properly aligned with our product roadmap. Reporting capabilities allow us to communicate on a given release in a manner that is easy to produce and share.

Kaitlyn Moore

Amazing strategy management, idea aggregation and product planning! Steeper learning curve than some

Reviewed 2017-06-20

A formalized product planning process, integrating strategy and greatly improving visibility to release planning, strategy, and initiatives. A better process for working together as a PM team and work visibility.The customizable idea portals per product, the product and product line management, the idea ranking and feature ranking tools, the drag-and-drop displays and visualizations for PMs to manage their work.

Igor Churilov

Great system for managing large teams

Reviewed 2018-04-11
Review Source: Software Advice

Aha is a powerful tool, but may be too powerful for many use cases. With that said, it is a quite a beast when you know your way around it and it really shines with an experienced user.Aha! is great in that it provides Gantt charts and Kanban boards for all of the products. The roadmap view (which you can share with others) is also great and it allows you to selectively include product features. We are working with Jira, so the auto-push to Jira is pretty handy too.

Maria Castro

Aha! is amazing, exceeds all expectations and offers great tool for project management.

Reviewed 2018-05-04

Aha! has an amazing connected data model, the level of workflow is highly driven. There are plenty of visualization options and great dashboard transparency.Aha! offers its positive effect for a single project, and also adds higher benefit when managing multiple projects in an environment that may be stretched for resources at any given time. The best part, this is system of managing a project portfolio and stay organized.