Microsoft 365 Logo

Microsoft 365

Cloud collaboration and file sharing application suite

Microsoft 365 Reviews

4.7

13.4K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.78/10

Reviews by rating

Very positive experience - any successful business would find significant efficiencies and opportunities by moving to 365.
I love how secure the platform is, the software is easy to navigate. I love the fact that it is accessable worldwide.
We utilize all that the product has to offer on a daily basis and are quite happy with the product. It helps us manage our business better and provides the tools necessary to communicate effectively.
This is the sort of thing the hard drive resident application never struggled with. Conditional formatting layered up is the sort of thing that causes problems.
Sometimes i get logged out and have trouble logging back in. This is very rare but can be confusing and upsetting as everything is on there.
I hate, hate, hate, hate the fact that you cannot install each app on its own. It is pointless to force people who only need Excel or Word to install EVERYTHING.

13,489 reviews

Andrew B.

Director of Sales

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Microsoft 365 User Review

Transcript

Andrew B.: Hello, I'm Andrew. I'm a director of sales. I would give Microsoft 365 calendar platform a...

Derek M.

CEO

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

A perfect tool for collaboration that is secure!

Transcript

Derek K.: Hi, my name's Derek. I'm the CEO of a nonprofit and I give Microsoft 365 a five. I think really...

Phil J.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

"Microsoft 365: Productivity and Collaboration All-in-One"

Overall, Microsoft 365 is an excellent solution for individuals, teams, and businesses seeking a comprehensive set of productivity and collaboration features in a single package. It's perfect for online collaboration and remote work. It can also enable users save and share files, documents, and presentations on the cloud, making it easier to view and communicate with others from anywhere.

Pros

Microsoft 365 is a complete productivity and collaboration package that includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, and Teams.It lets users edit files from anywhere with an internet connection.Microsoft Teams' real-time chat, videoconferencing, and file sharing enable teamwork.Microsoft 365 allows real-time creation and sharing of documents, spreadsheets, and presentations, making project collaboration easier.

Cons

Some features are only available at particular membership levels, thus users may need to upgrade in order to gain access to certain tools.For using some of the more advanced features and functionalities, there is a learning curve.

JA

Jessica A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Microsoft 365 is a must have!

I love Microsoft 365. I have worked with Excel & Word for decades and now with Teams included makes the package that much more enjoyable. I love the auto save and the way you can access it from any computer through your email. This means you always have access to your documents no matter where you are as long as you have your phone. This has saved me so many times! A must have for people with a lot on their plates.

Pros

Teams makes working from home more like working in an office where you can connect with all your coworkers at any time quickly and directly. Excel & Word are included in 75% of my job and I wouldn't know how to work without it. It's easily navigateable and easy to learn if you don't know how to use it initially.

Cons

There are so many features with the software, I wish there was a list of everything that they had available but I know it would be a neverending list.

TL

Tim L.

A great collection of tools that falls short for business

Office365 has it all. Productivity apps like the Microsoft Office suite, Sharepoint, Delve, Sway, Email, Active Directory sync, etc. are what's included. Once downloaded and installed, the office suite works better than previous versions. The online version of the office suite works well, but is still lacking features of the desktop apps. It is similar to Google apps for business but looks like...

Pros

Full of features that can meet just about anyone's needs at a fair price.

Cons

Sharepoint is still awful. Bottom line... explore your options for cloud storage thoroughly before making the choice to store your files w/ Microsoft Sharepoint.

ND

Natalia D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

It works and has a lots of useful functionalities

It is ok for the organisation I guess but I would not use it as my personal email I definitely prefer gmail for that

Pros

Amount of apps and functionalities and how it is all connected

Cons

mailbox feels clunky and not very user friendly

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Microsoft 365 Suite - a standard tool for business productivity

Pros

The typical office is used Microsoft Office suite of productivity tools. This feature set expands it to have online collaboration among other useful features while maintaining the same interface.

Cons

There are times when the connection can get foggy and then you loose people inbetween. They need to fine tune the algorithm that recovers when people come back online.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Great tool for hybrid work

Pros

Allows our team to access email and shared drive from a browse instead of using a Remote Desktop. Makes it easy to know the team is using the most updated version of a document.

Cons

It can be a little difficult to navigate the file sharing features.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

The best tool for work productivity

Pros

I love using microsoft 365 as it helps me organize my work files effectively, and also helps me keep up to date with upcoming meetings. I am also able to access all my files and create new ones easily- spreadsheets, powerpoint, word, and microsoft forms.

Cons

N/A I would say it can be better if the desktop app can be improved to enable folder organisation, without the need to visit the web version.

Human Resources, 201-500 employees

Great modern tool

Pros

It's great for collaboration including document sharing and creation.

Cons

I don't like that you have to pay a lot of money for this service, but overall, it's hard to do without it. It's great for a variety of tasks we have.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Revolutionizing the new office

Pros

There are a lot of tools built in to make daily tasks more efficient and productive

Cons

None at this time they have made a lot of improvements that have addressed these issues over the years

Ashley P.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

365 days a Year

Pros

Emails are sorted and managed in an email bank you can easily find the new ones at the top.

Cons

I have a hard time linking to my phone to get my emails delivered ASAP. (some may disagree that is a bad thing)

KB

Karla Brigitte C.

Pharmaceuticals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Exploring the Features of Microsoft 365: A Comprehensive Review

During my internship in the pharmaceutical product development and research department at the University, Microsoft 365 played a crucial role in our daily operations. The suite of applications, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, allowed us to create and edit documents, analyze data, and prepare presentations with ease. The cloud storage provided by OneDrive enabled seamless collaboration among team members, ensuring that everyone had access to the latest versions of files. Additionally, the integration with Outlook facilitated efficient email communication and scheduling of meetings. The comprehensive capabilities of Microsoft 365 streamlined our workflows, enhanced collaboration, and contributed to our productivity in the pharmaceutical research department.

Pros

Microsoft 365 offers a range of powerful advantages. Firstly, its suite of productivity tools, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, provides comprehensive solutions for various tasks. The cloud-based nature of Microsoft 365 allows for seamless collaboration and easy access to files from any device, enabling teams to work together efficiently. The integration with OneDrive ensures secure...

Cons

Despite its numerous advantages, Microsoft 365 has a few limitations. One of the primary concerns is the subscription-based pricing model, which may be a deterrent for individuals or small businesses on tight budgets. Additionally, the installation and setup process can be time-consuming, particularly for users unfamiliar with the software. Some users have reported occasional compatibility issues when working with non-Microsoft file formats or collaborating with users on different platforms. Moreover, the extensive range of features and options within Microsoft 365 can be overwhelming for new users, requiring some time to become familiar with the full capabilities of the software.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Microsoft 365 Makes Me Feel Alive! 10/10

From beginning to end my daily processes rely on 365, and all 365 days of the year... I want to be using this Microsoft software.

Pros

This product has everything from the Exchange Server, Skype for Business Server, and SharePoint, as well as so much more. I wouldn't want to have my Email through any other service due to the great customizations of 365.

Cons

We've had very minor negatives about the software, but if I had to say, I'd say we only use a small percentage of all the services provided, which is a bummer, but the basic is all we need (if that makes sense).

JB

Jon B.

Computer Software, self-employed

Office 365 is the cloud version of Office

While you could get by using open source only solutions such as Libre Office or something similar, I've found that the money saved paying for Office is easily offset by the amount of time I have to allocate teaching each user how to use the less intuitive and somewhat buggy "free" software. There are other solutions out there but there is a good reason that Office has been the gold standard for the last 20 plus years. It's well worth the cost.

Pros

- Office is extremely easy to use for a new user but is powerful enough that power users (and developers) can perform amazingly complex processes using just this "simple" tool. - The cloud based solution allows teams to securely share documents (worksheets) and have multiple users updating the document with the changes each user makes reflected to the other users in real time. - You can perform simple...

Cons

- The only caveat I have for Office 365 is the monthly (or yearly) billing cycle. If I pay for 12 months of outlook, that's exactly what I get. On month 13, I'm left with no office suite unless I start paying for another month/year. - I prefer to purchase Office 2019 (one time payment that means that I own the software although I am only entitled to updates for 1 year). It still has the ability to work with Office 365 users but isn't quite a well-suited to the cloud as it's physically installed on your laptop.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Everything but Outlook

The overall experience customer side is good, but the partner experience is somewhat of a lonely and lost trip, as the standard Microsoft answer to a commercial or technical problem is "ask a vendor near you" even if you are a vendor! It works, but forget documentation for everything past the level "basic usage". On the other end, OneDrive and Azure and Sharepoint are great, the multi user environment is great, and the multi user editing and collaboration tools are a godsend in many cases.

Pros

As you would expect, the world standard office suite "excels" at word, excel, powerpoint, etc..the latest versions brought innovative feature without losing the plethora of customizations and toggles inherited from the past, aka you can customize it to a LOT to fit exactly your workflow.

Cons

Outlook needs to be bugfixed, outlook needs to be bugfixed, outlook has huge bugs. Outlook works weird but tolerable when paired with Exchange, otherwise it's a PITA piece of code. Makes email disappear, has huge latencies, pst corruption, ost corruption, reacts badly to external errors(no internet connectivitiy, unresponsive mail server..). To be clear, it has none of the stability of Thunderbird, which is free. When we deploy it in a business or corporate environment we always pair it with a mail backup system.

Milos M.

Computer Hardware, 1,001-5,000 employees

Office 365 Pros and Cons

Biggest advantage is when you are using it in a large business corporation, easy to access and share files for employees. Easy to communicate and share data within company via One drive and share point and Microsoft Teams.

Pros

It is useful for small and big companies. There are three different packages that you can use, depending on your type of business - small or professional use. Thing that I like most in office 365 is that there is big storage - 50 GB for emails, which is very convenient if you are working with a large customer range and you receive 1000 to 2000 email per day. Second thing is share point online where...

Cons

It is not fully accessible when you are working online from web browser, sometimes it can lag or slowly work when is booting with Skype in background. Can’t fully use Excel in browser, also there is a difference when you are using document online and in word.There is a big difference in outlook online and in application, you are limited for some options, for example conversation is going into the one email, like in a text message conversation and formatting options are limited, also it will not add auto signature when you are replying or sending emails.

DR

Daniel R.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

MS Office User for many years

It's been very good overall. I would highly suggest since it is now a subscription service that there be highly skilled live representatives that you could query for guidance and allow for a simple to use remote viewing with in order to assist customers when they are having a particularly difficult time with small aspects of one of the services, which happens frequently.

Pros

I feel like in recent years they have made great improvements particularly in making the products easier to use. This is especially the case with MS Excel, in which I recall having to memorize all sorts of different formulas which was very frustrating at times. They have made the interface much more user friendly which is great for those with limited experience in using Excel. Outlook hasn't changed much, which to me is a good thing as I was already very comfortable and happy with that aspect of it. Powerpoint has also become easier to use, although personally I prefer the old school Powerpoint of 2006-2010 era, but it was primarily because I knew how to do a lot of things on it that others didn't which is no longer the case.

Cons

Microsoft Word is still the most frustrating product to use and I have seen little improvement in the areas that need it the most over the last 10+ years. It seems as if Microsoft continuously makes minor changes that don't help when someone wants to, for example, edit a resume after a few years and wants to simply add or remove portions of it while keeping the structure the same. I still get caught...

OA

Osamah A.

Computer & Network Security, 5,001-10,000 employees

The Complete Package

I have been using Office 365 for over 7 years now and I am completely satisfied with it. It provides me with every product that I need like Word, OneDrive and PowerPoint. it runs smoothly and doesn't consume a lot of memory. Office 365 has saved me many times when I needed to do some work and studies. I have become attached to it and I can't let it go now. it's simply my best package so far!

Pros

I am always asked to make a decent presentation, a proper and organized article, a database and many more other duties. Luckily I have Office 365. it is the absolute package that contains all of the necessary tools to get these duties accomplished. All my favourite Softwares are gathered in one place ( Office 365 ). I use almost every product included in the package. PowerPoint to make perfect presentations...

Cons

While you can access your files at any time and from anywhere, you need an internet connection for that, so if you happen to not have an available internet connection, you will not be able to access your files at all. Office 365 uses the latest technology and do updates for its products pretty often, Office 365 is so advanced to the point that sometimes it will not be compatible with some old systems and devices. Although you might be able to come around this problem but that process is very time-consuming.

Jeffrey B.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Microsoft Office 365 for Mac users

I really only use Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, although outlook and OneNote can come in handy sometimes. Microsoft excel is probably the biggest benefit to Office 365. Honestly the biggest benefit I guess would be from the updates that you receive every time there is an update available. I didn't get much use out of the other features of office 365. However, I would like to see more updates for Mac users to make their software more compatible with Mac. It just seems a little bit more buggy on Mac OSX also. Overall I was moderately happy with Office 365 it's useful but it's not amazing for one I don't like paying the subscription fee and for two if I am paying the subscription fee I expect the software to work flawlessly on Mac and it doesn't.

Pros

-Excel Macros: For me, I am in the SEO industry so I use Excel quite a bit. I switch off between Google Sheets and excel sometimes there are things where Google Sheets is better such as when I need to use certain scripting (google apps script) for automation. Other times Excel macros are much better. For example, if I need to create macros to manage thousands of keywords Excel macros works much better than Google Sheets. Its a desktop app, so this makes sense. But there is one caveat: It's sometimes buggy on mac osx.

Cons

-Buggy on Mac OSX: When I least like about Microsoft Office is it's kind of buggy with Mac OS X. Sure it works fine for everyday use but for my case I like to use Excel macros to automate the handling of thousands of keywords. A lot of times when I have thousands of keywords and I run macros it will freeze on my Mac computer. The application will freeze whereas if I hop all over onto a Windows machine...

deba o.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

The one stop software for serious business and office productivity

I have used office 365 for both personal use and for deployment for clients and I can boldly say that there is nothing quite like office 365 and clients always almost never have negatives except kudos for this suite. Many of them categorically ask for office 365 and won’t settle for another. It is a complete catalyst for productivity ouside the pricing.

Pros

Microsoft is excellent in its support for office 365 and whenever I have needs to call on them, they have always responded and even for clients I cannot go to, the support from Microsoft sometimes mean that my input is not even needed to overcome their complaints. There is a staggering volume of effective updates for office 365. I recall having an issue with outlook on a client’s platform that resulted...

Cons

It is a very bloated suite and many clients don’t make use of up to 50% of the functions embedded in it. The suite is not completely available on some platforms. For instance, I once tried to deploy it on a client’s MAC only to find out that Microsoft publisher was not available. Maybe it is just me but I think the pricing for office 365 is incredulous when compared to similar suites. For slow internet, the online application for programs like Access and excel is going to test your patience especially for large tables and data.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

The all encompassing software for business.

I run into a few hiccups with Office 365 that have been major headaches but at the same time, it has made most of my work easier and more streamlined to do. When absolutely needed, customer support is extremely good at following through as long as it takes to resolve any problem. They definitely stand behind their product which is very important when selecting something that your entire business needs...

Pros

Everything is linked together under one family of software and it lets you do almost everything you need to do in an office seamlessly. Microsoft pretty much thought of everything from making sure your documents are backed up and protected (Onedrive), you can easily communicate (Outlook, Skype, Teams), and you can easily share with others and collaborate in real time (Teams, Sharepoint) all securely and relatively easily. Almost every task you want to accomplish can be done in several different included apps and it is all very intuitive. Anything you can't figure out is very easy to find answers to using the new search tool they incorporate into all the software.

Cons

Since everything is tied together, if you run into an issue or something doesn't work right, it could be catastrophic. This mainly pertains to the Onedrive feature that you rely on to make sure everything you worked on is backed up. If something goes wrong, which it has on a few occasions in my office, you could lose everything. My only other complaint is there are a lot of settings in different places that could affect how things work and sometimes you can't find the setting you need to change. One case is with the Outlook search function where it doesn't seem to want to search for older emails unless you select a specific date range but that doesn't help if you are looking for something very old and don't remember the date range.

CP

Christopher P.

Law Practice, self-employed

Microsoft 365 - Great Product on a Business Budget

Aside from the template issues my experience with Microsoft 365 has still been very good. Over the years they have moved a few things and added a few too many functions such that finding your exact function may be a challenge if you are looking for something a little more challenging, but it's nothing that can't be addressed with a little hands-on experience.

Pros

I like the affordability of this product. Microsoft's products are mainstream for most businesses and it is good to be able to get them at a price people can afford and still be able to remain up to date. I use Word and Excel the most and these have maintained substantially similar standard functions over the years without drastic change so users can transition. Expansion of integration between products allowing you to create tables and spreadsheets within Word without going into Excel is benefit, as is the ability to pull in a spreadsheet into Word. It's fundamental functions have remained consistent and this is what I find to be teh greatest positive of this software.

Cons

This software has an issue with templates. What I liked least was the inability to open and revise a template and then save it with the same name to overwrite the old template. The software required me to select a new name, go into the templates folder and then delete the old template. This should be unnecessary. Also, though you may put your templates in specific folders within your templates...

Maryorie H.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Office 365 toolkit for everyday work management.

Office 365, brings programs such as Word that allows me to transcribe work of promotion, research, among others, like receiving files from my students mounted on this tool. Another program that used a lot is PowerPoint, which helps me to make presentations of my classes, in a practical, interactive, with as many tools to make knowledge more effective, also for the presentation of research at events...

Pros

Office 365 is a very complete software package to be installed on computer equipment. These programs are well known, and daily use of the PC such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneDrive, Outlook, Publisher, Access, Skype, among others. And to install it is only necessary to have a subscription, in most cases when you buy a computer you install Windows and automatically the Office, so it is the most widely...

Cons

Since I use a PC, they have had Office installed in their versions for the particular time, and used all the programs it brings and so far I have not had problems of the program that caused me any particular circumstance that reflects some flaw of the applications. Sometimes I have strained viruses that are causing the failures, and I have even deleted files from Office programs, but these are not problems of the package, comes from using the Internet, or placing on PC artifacts such as PENDRIVES and others, infected.

BB

Ben B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Office 365 is awesome. That's really all I can say.

Cheap, easy to manage, and capable office productivity software.

Pros

Office 365 brings so many excellent features to "boring" productivity programs. First, the syncing of files across machines, accounts, and cloud storage is brilliant. I can't believe we used to email files. Second, the stability of programs is greatly improved. Office 365, as a subscription service, gives us constant updates, which is great for bug-fixes, feature improvements, and new capabilities. Third,...

Cons

Office 365 has some glaring bugs that have just never been fixed. For example, if a file is synced to an off-site location (whether that be in the cloud, a network drive, etc), and the web connection gets interrupted or is not stable, there can be sync issues which lead to conflicting versions of the same file. This is an easy issue to avoid, but it has bitten us a few times. Over all, the biggest con is just some ugly bugs that seem to endure.

sameer c.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

Office 365- The ultimate software package that manages all day to day work related tasks.

My overall experience with Office 365 products has been really amazing. I can assure that for me these products are the real work companions who help me manage my teams and work in very fast and effective manner . I cannot imagine my laoptop without these products and without these it would be really impossible for me to manage such large data and teams. A big shoutout to Microsoft for all that they do!

Pros

Well, as it is a bunch of softwares including excel, PPT, Word, onenote, outlook, teams, skype etc. I specifically use the above mentioned softwares on a day to day basis and each one has there own set of unique advatages and functionality that the others don't have. But I were to generalize, I would say that the seamlessness, smoothness and the cutting edge technology with which all these applications work is the part is like the most about these softwares. For example, data handling and data comparison with formulaes like Vlookup, Hlookup are the best and most unique features that only Excel provides.

Cons

The only thing that I least like about the Office products is the sudden shutdown of these applications whenever we have opening a bit heavy files on these softwares. Once, they show the sign of "Not Responding" , I just prepare for loosing my 2-3 hours of heard work since in sudden crash, these softwares are at times not able to retain the work done in last few hours (though once in a blue moon they...

TA

Turan A.

Automotive, 501-1,000 employees

Too many office tools in one spot.

Since our first transition to MS 365, we have reduced the investment costs of additional resources in all our processes by almost 50%. There was never a need for a second check in the processes of data security and integrity, distribution and implementation. Although it has a simple and easy structure, all the work it does puts experts out of the race.

Pros

Microsoft continues to do its UI friendly function very well. It is a masterpiece that it combines many software and office tools under one roof and organizes it in the cloud environment. Easy access, simple installation and distribution organization, multi-device support, support for all languages, the abundance of tools (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, SharePoint, Outlook etc.)...

Cons

You may not find a result that is bad or that you do not like. It is the theme of an entire structure that is completely complete and complementary to each other.