Qualio Logo
Qualio

Life science quality software for start-ups and scale-ups

visit website

Qualio Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.54/10

Reviews by rating

The Customer Service both supporting the induction of the platform and the every day query customer service is outstanding and could not compliment them more.
Easy to use with a very intuitive user interface, compliance with CFR 21 part 11, outstanding customer support, swift document navigation.
Most software will encounter an error now and then. While it is infrequent with Qualio, the error messages can be vague, prompting support calls that could be avoided with better detail.
I did not find anything that i dislike in Qualio.
Missing a project specific documents training tracker / training sign-off module.

Biotechnology, 11-50 employees

The perfect system for startups and young organizations

Pros

I like the simplicity of the software, and the ease of configuration for the user. If a new document type is needed, it's literally just a few clicks away. I like the intuitive navigation and the ease of adoption by the end users.

Cons

At this time, the only place I can fault Qualio is in the data reporting capabilities. Running basics like how many open/closed NCRs or how many SOPs approved is fine, but without more capability built out, or an external API (like a BI report or crystal intelligence tool), I can't get to more data within records. I do know they are working on this however, and generally at the start up level, you're not yet in need of super detailed reporting within your QMS yet anyway. The basics they provide will more than get you off the ground!

An intuitive and simple interface is at the core of Qualio's software, so it's fantastic that you've really benefited from this. Thank you for your feedback on our data reporting capabilities too we are looking to rollout improvements to this functionality soon.

KP

Karl P.

Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees

A Great Quality Management System to get you started.

I have been with Qualio for more than a year now and my company have bought into their first Quality Management System for the first time thanks to Qualios fantastic interface and ease of use. That is the priority for any QMS.

Pros

Qualio has a great user interface for anyone needing to create, edit, review, find and extract documents from a reliable document control system. This experience also spills over to their events module allowing me to personalise an audit and risk functionality that fit the mould of my companies quality journey. The Customer Service both supporting the induction of the platform and the every day query...

Cons

Qualio still have some sticking points with the document creation journey and while they are improving every day, they are still sorely lacking ease with the creation, reviewer and approval experience. Supplier event is also brand new and not quite the finished product yet. But its heading in the right direction.

PR

Pam R.

Medical Devices, 501-1,000 employees

Qualio Implementation

It is mainly positive, still early days, it would have been good to have more training and a more global presence for Qualio

Pros

Document control, supplier control, CAPA control

Cons

Setting up the system for our use was more complex than expected

Arslan R.

Medical Devices, 51-200 employees

Pros

Customer Support is Amazing as I used to do regulars meeting with them

Cons

Not user friendly as my CS team didn't like their complex processes

LH

Lowell H.

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

Customer Questionnaire

100% document implementation into Qualio. Internal and third party audits directly from Qualio. Complete integration into Qualio for SD team and the sales and marketing team.

Pros

Aesthetically pleasing, Ease of use, ease of support, at a competitive cost. Qualio meets all expectations. Qualio gives us the ability to work remotely. This seems like the norm since Covid but the last few years cannot erase generations of employees being required to be in a brick in mortar location to work. Having our products available throughout the world keeps a little stability during a US economic downturn.

Cons

There is not a well defined way to get feedback to the Qualio team for improvement suggestions. The Qualio has addressed my ideas but there needs to be a ticket system with feedback from the suggestion. This just needs to be addressed as a system. A ticker could be made in Qualio and assigned to the IT department. The idea can be approved or denied. The ticket can be closed. Super simple.

SC

Sonia C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Qualio user review

My experinece with Qualio has been fine so far. I like that it send an out reminders every Monday and helps us keep tabs of days and deadlines.

Pros

I like that it is really easy to navigate and help centre works great, it really helps in every step of the way.

Cons

I don’t like the fact that it’s less flexible and with terms of document control and user permissions.

AD

Adrianna D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Qualio is AMAZING!

Pros

The electric sign off to ensure staff are completing Qualio along with being able to add test.

Cons

I wish you could have document folders to separate materials

TL

TAYDIS L.

Medical Devices, 51-200 employees

Pros

User friendly. Training, electronic signatures.

Cons

Good experience so far. I like everything about Qualio.

HY

Hideyuki Y.

Alternative Medicine, 51-200 employees

My review for Qulaio

Pros

I have not been using it long and have not been able to use all of its features, but so far I have not had any major problems with it. It is good to know what changes have been made. We will be using it for training in the future and would appreciate your dedication and cooperation when needed.

Cons

Change control is better for us and your support.

SS

Salvador S.

Pharmaceuticals, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewing Qualio

Pros

I think Qualio is a good tool to improve the training of the company's staff.

Cons

I think Qualio could be more visually appealing.

MH

Michael H.

Medical Devices, 51-200 employees

Excellent solution for most quality management systems

Pros

Almost endless configuration capabilities allowing the creation of documents and events that fit your QMS instead of rebuilding your QMS to fit the software.

Cons

Inability to hot-swap an approver when they are not available. Instead the document needs to be reverted to draft, the approver changed, and then the document rerouted.

LA

Laura A.

Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 employees

Choose Qualio for your eQMS needs

They have been a wonderful partner for over 5 years. I have worked with many QMS and Qualio is by far the easiest and most useful system I have ever worked with. A really important fact is that the support team at Qualio is about the best I have seen in the industry. They are responsive, well trained, and understand the criticality of getting you answers and assistance ASAP. Can't say enough about the support team... they are wonderful.

Pros

Qualio is simple to implement, maintain, deploy and use. It has a very straightforward administration and implementation.

Cons

As with any QMS, there are small things that could be improved. The editor is constantly being improved - which is great. One of the things that might have the most impact is if they could tailor it to "manager" users... so managers could see their employees training on procedures... assign documents for training, etc. instead of needing to go through the system administrators.

jf

jared f.

Medical Devices, 501-1,000 employees

Excellent people supporting an excellent product

Our Design Control process is much tighter. Document Control requires less time and effort. We have elevated our Risk Management game. Our Quality people are happier using such a well integrated tool.

Pros

Qualio is very well and highly integrated. There is a relatively short learning curve, then quite intuitive. The materials available for on-boarding and learning are very well done and thorough. The built-in chat function for fast support is excellent - so easy to use. The people of Qualio are high caliber and there is clearly a culture of Customer Service. There is a very good balance between structure and customization - Qualio has found the sweet-spot. The SOPs and templates offered as a starting point are well written and concise.

Cons

I am hard-pressed to describe an aspect of the platform or the company that I would like to see changed. We do more than Medical Devices. We are in the process of considering how we might use Qualio outside of Medical and what would have to happen to accomplish such a goal - this is perhaps something Qualio might consider as an evolutionary initiative.

Hi Jared, thank you for your fantastic review and we're so happy to hear that Qualio has made life easier for your Quality team! We'd love to get more of your thoughts on scaling usage of Qualio outside of Medical Device and your CS contact can answer any questions you might have on this.

DL

Donna Lee V.

Medical Device/Pharma CRO

Pros

This software is easy to use, intuitive, and straight forward. the search functions work well. The dash board is comprehensive and is critical is assessing status of activities.

Cons

The inability for a manger (such as myself) to have visibility to my direct reports training status as well as the status of other assigned activities for items that I have to manage. Our Quality group has full access but there is no intermediate option to control access to certain areas while allowing operational managers to be able to manage applicable information. So I have to resort to asking QA "where is this SOP in the approval process" , "who's training is outstanding", or " who started the draft version for a SOP?" etc. Since we are so restricted, it hurts work flow. Another layer, just below full access, to allow us to manage our over arching responsibilities, would be helpful.

Hi Donna, thanks so much for your detailed review and insightful feedback regarding access control. This feature is in progress and we've relayed these details to our product team.

IG

Irma G.

Needs basic improvements

Document Management works well

Pros

Training process works well. The system can generate reports for each employee.

Cons

Change control and periodic review reports need improvement. I cannot generate proper reports that provide visibility of these processes. The change control report is less than acceptable. Please fix this. I have explained this in the past.

We appreciate your feedback regarding change control and periodic review reports and have provided this to our product team.

TD

Thomas D.

Qualio user

Very positive experience using Qualio. Qualio does offer weekly webinar trainings on many of the useful features. Qualio is easy to navigate.

Pros

Qualio is very customizable. We have built our QMS using Qualio and being that it is cloud based it is available in house or remotely. Documents are easily shared with other members of the team. The support staff at Qualio is outstanding.

Cons

I feel if Qualio had a bulk download feature where you are able to do a download of all of the documents to a secondary location for data redundancy, that would be helpful. Currently you can download the documents, but is is a single download, and not the entire QMS.

Hi Thomas, thank you for your wonderful review and we're so happy to hear you're enjoying Qualio's customizable features and easy navigation. We're sharing your feedback regarding bulk downloads to our product team.

SM

Santino M.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Qualio Review

Pros

Qualio is an awesome document manager especially for persons looking to transition from paper to electronic record keeping. This platform has an excellent user interface that is easy to navigate with practice. Excellent customer support from the team made implementation easier.

Cons

No issues have been experienced with the platform so far.

GQ

Gareth Q.

Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees

Very efficient, user friendly tool for our QMS

Fantastic, coming from older clunky more expensive QMS at other Pharma companies, Qualio was a breath of fresh air.

Pros

The workflows are very intuitive and with basic training a new user can navigate very easily.

Cons

There is huge potential within Qualio to add on things like calibration management or Internal audits management. So it would be great to see additional modules / use cases added. The ability to integrate with other systems is not very visible.

Hi Gareth, thank you for your review and we're glad to hear Qualio has been efficient and easy to use thus far! We appreciate this insightful feedback and have shared with our product team.

VS

Victoria S.

Medical Devices, 1-10 employees

A useful and up to date QMS for businesses of all shapes and sizes

Qualio acts as our eQMS and streamlines our audit trail, document management, and workflows As a company with employees working in various locations, it is easy to collaborate and find documents. Overall, I do like Qualio. I feel that with time the platform will become even more useful as more features are added.

Pros

I like how Qualio is constantly updating and improving. I particularly like how helpful they are with support, from webinars to onboarding support, you never feel lost of confused. Qualio does exactly what you need it to, and all the extra features are just really nice bonuses.

Cons

There is a learning curve to figuring out Qualio in the beginning. The platform looks pretty simple and basic. but when you try to start doing advanced actions I felt lost. There is a sandbox mode, which is good for playing and learning, but anything you create in the sandbox cannot be moved into your actual account.

KD

Kristi D.

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

Good for start ups

Overall, as a small startup it worked for our needs. As we grew and more people from larger companies joined, there were struggles. I think if you are open to making Qualio work for you and you have stakeholders onboard during implementation its great. If you bring people in who are used to expensive widely used tools its a learning curve. I would use it again if I were starting a company.

Pros

I liked the ability to build and edit the event flows (NCR, CAPA, etc).

Cons

Redline feature is not great right now.

SM

Sharon M.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Great way to manage quality

Pros

Ease of use. Data storage. Ease of access

Cons

The document creation can be improved...

SO

Stephen O.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Qualio - Quality Control, Document Management and Traceability

Overall, the Qualio product has improved our workflow processing ability with excellent artifact collection and retention.

Pros

Qualio is a robust document management system with the ability to link documents and evidence for healthcare GRC needs as well as traceability in the process from cradle to grave.

Cons

The text editing features in Qualio are basic but strides are being taken to improve the features to meet most document composition and updating standards.

Hi Stephen, we are always looking to improve our product and appreciate your feedback.

II

Inge I.

Research, 201-500 employees

Good software for keeping up to date with documentation

Easy to use. Easy to find documents that you are looking for with search function

Pros

Training and searching, ease of finding and dowloading forms

Cons

I am not sure what liked least as for what ever I am using it it is doing a good job.

Hi Inge, we're happy to hear that Qualio is meeting all your needs and more! Thank you for your input.

BR

Bonnie R.

Qualio review

Our company loves that the training of our entire company Nationwide can train all at once without having to use a separate program

Pros

Getting used to this system was a challenge. But once I learned to navigate it became quite easy. I love that this program works as Quality should and is always improving.

Cons

The fact that I can not archive and retrieve expired supplier documents

SD

Sasiporn D.

Research, 11-50 employees

Always support, continuous improvement and system is really easy to use

Pros

flexible, able to customize as per company's requirments.

Cons

document editable format is still have some limit function