All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Lavu Reviews

Reviews Summary

Pros

POS Lavu has been such an easy transition and very user friendly. It has made it easy to keep track or our products and sales, our employee's love the simplicity of the system.

Kendall H.

Read the full review
There is no positive to this POS system and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone I know.

Michael S.

Read the full review

Cons

This ruined my business. Would not work if not connected to the internet, had lots of bugs and terrible customer service.

tom s.

Read the full review
All of a sudden I have a Mexican menu inserted into my options causing my staff nothing about problems and disasters in the middle of dinner service. Their answer is I must’ve given my passWord out.

Jamie G.

Read the full review
BESIDES MY COMMENT ABOVE, THEIR CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS WORTHLESS AS IS THEIR SALES PEOPLE AND EVEN UPPER MANAGEMENT. THEY LIED TO US A NUMBER OF TIMES OVER 2-YEARS CLAIMING THE UPGRADE WAS COMING.

Steve B.

3.3

Best Restaurant Software Yet

Pros

-Love the ease of using an iPad -Size of the icons -Different color option icons - Different categories available -Ease of table organization -Ease of checkouts -Very well laid out -Easy clock-in

Cons

-Hard signing process, customers complained

Former Lavu User

Overall, for the two years the system was satisfacotry. Until recenlty it was for the current management at the restaurant. The dealer is helpful - he is our first line of tech support before we go to KLAvu for support.

Pros

I liked using Lavu because it was the first POS for the restaurant where I worked. While I was employed there I used the system for 2 years. The set up was easy as the dealer came to the restaurant and set it up and did a one day training for the staff.

Cons

They system seems to have alot of glitches. Recently, the restaurant reported to me that they had a glitch and lost printers. Tech support finally helped and got the printers up but somehow lost half the menu. Also, I have witnessed personally that the sales tax is charging out properly.

Lavu POS Review

used to have excellent customer service, but our system went down two days before xmas and we were unable to run credit cards for half the day. second busiest day since july. Couldn't enter tips that day either. and i tried calling them 3 times that night, plus an email. their chat hasn't worked in months. 4 days later I still have not heard from them

Pros

i don't remember why I chose them over the three other ones I tried a couple of years ago. I think because I could use my own credit card processor. But its easy enough to use for the features that i use which are basic operation of cash register it is intuitive and takes little training

Cons

things go wrong, the printer drops offline a lot and needs help getting back. sometimes its the wifi that reconfigures to a different wifi, sometimes the printer just randomly stops working. I can't use the staff scheduling because they insist that work week starts on sunday, yet that is halfway through the weekend. our schedule and pay period run monday- sunday but I am now looking for a system that can organize cake orders for a week or a month after the order is taken, which most systems don't do. Also they said that my gift cards would integrate, but they did not

Great inventory and POS software

Great inventory and POS software. Ease of use and easy to teach employees to use.

Pros

Ability to have multiple locations. Ability to make inventory items easily. Ability to use an iPad for inventory counts.

Cons

Have to manually bath credit cards at end of day.

Stay Away!

I purchased a complete system from LAVU on April 2019 with the intent to upgrade my existing POS from CAKE which served me well the first 4 years of running my restaurant, but being somewhat of a basic system I started feeling like it was holding me back. LAVU was running a 50% off on hardware so I called and spoke to a salesperson. Let me tell you, I wish I had recorded the conversations, as there...

Pros

There are no Pros, this is an awful system and the worst customer service / sales team in the industry

Cons

Be very careful when they offer you interest free financing for the hardware, that's how they trick you into paying the software fee for 3 years in advance with NO way out

Not really for Bars

We're a high volume craft beer bar. It can start tabs. It works for now. If the complaint list keeps growing, we'll have to switch. It works fine, but when it doesn't work, it totally halts service.

Pros

I guess it's easy to use, but it's kinda clunky. Programming is inconsistent across different devices. The speed is ok. It does what I need it to do, which the #1 reason I went with Lavu over Square was that you could start a bar tab with a preauthorization.

Cons

LAVU complaints Should get Free set up support 1 month a year; if there is an update we should get free support Quick serve shouldn't disappear Can't Add a cc to an existing tab - currently deletes the new order Needs Select and Repeat button Needs Fewer approval buttons Should Show change on screen Should add auto grat to total tips Can't Change auto grat, % or amount On tip page, be able to enter...

Dissapointed with costumer service and sales!

Thi POS is great, simple adn easy. Disappointed of how coustmer service followed up to solving problem. And also, we have a plan to open another 1 account because we open new bar, we tried reached up by email, phone, they just asnwer to follow up but nothing happen.

Pros

This POS was great, easy to use and you can syncronized to other cloud system inventory. Features and function are supply great actually for low-medium restaurant capacity.

Cons

The missed up of this POS are the total of revenue doesn't matching, has to be manual counted after cashier closing. Cloud uploading data is really slow now, bill that has been closed was reopened by themselves. All revenue i've got not accurate on back office sides. I have contacted their custumer support to get assist from them but they reply another 3 or 4 days after and didn't fixed what we complained about. As manager incharge to responsible of revenue and accuration product sold got frustrated.

Not A Fan -Would suggest Pen & Paper

Benefits: It was a band-aid for when I didn't have anything. LAVU has now become an albatross around the neck of our business.

Pros

Generically, the price is what what the draw for me an my small Craft Beer bar. I even recommended it at the beginning to a few other customers, but it was a mistake.

Cons

Not customer support per se, but the fact that when they utter "development team" right there, there is no hope your problem will be solved. None. They now call a problem that needs the development team a "Feature Request" which is the nice way of them saying, "No, we are not going to fix it, ever". A "Feature Request" sounds like you are imposing on them to do something special for you, instead of just fixing the software to work as intended The back end web software is in shambles and rarely works as advertised. The reporting features give you decent onscreen views, but you cant reprint a ticket that you can see on their backend web interface. The "print layout" for some tables dont work and give random data. Discounting system is not robust.

Hi Jamie, We're sorry to hear your experience with Lavu has not been positive. We strive to provide the best experience for our customers and would love another opportunity to try and resolve any issues. Please call our 24/7 Customer Care team at 855-767-5288 or email us at support@lavu.com. Thank you, Lavu

Easy POS without backup.

A simple system, but not for areas with semi frequent internet outages.

Pros

Lavu is a very cost effective and easy to setup POS system on the market. From a server interface it was clear and logical.

Cons

The biggest problem with this system is what happens when the WiFi goes down. It has trouble sending tickets and will not store credit card information for later processing.

Lavu very helpful with bistro service

Our bistro started using Lavu before I arrived, and when I was training it was very helpful to be able to see pictures of dishes I was ringing in. While there are some printer issues sometimes, the interface is great (very straightforward). You can even send directions for delivery orders when taking an order over the phone!

Pros

The pictures are so handy for standard menu items. Obviously if we are running specials we don't have pictures of those items, but for those who are more visual this is very helpful. Also helps train new staff on what each plate looks like.

Cons

Sometimes there are a lot of connectivity issues, especially with multiple printers (kitchen/bar/etc.)

The Best POS System

I absolutely love the point of sale system. Helps to be able to take orders from customers and send the order to the kitchen from the table. Then you can move on to the next table. It is so easy to learn and use. I like that you can go into the backside of the program and check your sales for the day, your amount of hours that you worked for the week and also what your own statistics are for tables waited on, amount of food you sold and what the prices of everything are. It is so Awesome!

Pros

Easy to use, easy to set up and it is self-explanatory. You can go into the backside of the program and checks your sales for the day, how many customers you yourself have waited on.

Cons

Not much about the software that I didn't like. Sometimes though I would have a hard time getting connected on my Ipad.

As good as any "Industry Standard"

We used this in a tequila bar that I was a bar manager at. We were very high volume so we needed a good POS system that never crashed, and operated quickly to minimize waiting on the system to perform functions. I think in that regard this is a great system and I would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

Better price point Very intuitive and easy to pick up user-interface Speedy screen operations, no waiting for screens to load If you have experience with other POS systems this one will be very easy to get started with Great team behind it Easy to add new items to menu (you dont have to be an expert to fulfil managerial roles on the system)

Cons

There is not much that I can say against LAVU. As far as Point of Sale Systems it is just as good as any of the big dog's systems but with an affordable price point. I never had an issue with the system in my year of using it.

Hi Sean, Thank you for your review. We're so glad to hear Lavu is working well for you and your team! Don't hesitate to call us at 855-767-5288 if you have any questions. The Lavu Team

Disappointing

After using this system and growing our brand new business after 8 months I can honestly say it is the worst system I have operating between 7 locations I am involved with. It started off ok although challenging and difficult. But after getting though the kinks it was almost ok because their tech support team could help a lot. That was until they subbed out their tech support late Jan to India....

Pros

It was a fairly inexpensive system with full wireless operations options for a 15,000 sq ft location on a tight budget.

Cons

Customer service tech support after 6 months.

Jamie, we apologize for any trouble or inconvenience you may have experienced. Our records show our support team has been working with you to resolve your issues. Please feel free to contact our support team at 855-528-8457 and one of our team members would be glad to assist you with any other issues you are having.

Shutting Down During Peak Times

Pros

I like the simple interface, it is easy to use and simple to implement

Cons

99% of the time the software works well however we have had consistent problems with the system going offline in the middle of very busy nights. We will have a restaurant full of people 30+ tables with open orders and the system completely stops working (it always happens at peak times when we should be making the most money when we are the busiest, they have not invested enough to function at the...

Thank you for your review, Jennifer. We hear what you're saying and we are working diligently to bring offline mode to our customers by late July. We know that the downtime is unacceptable and we appreciate your patience with us. The Lavu Team.

Saves us time and money, works great for us!

I started using Lavu Point of Sale about 2 years ago. Before switching to the system we were using paper tickets, I didn't realize how inefficient this really was until I made the switch to an electronic system. Not only are we now spending less time managing each order, accuracy has gone up, and my shrinkage has gone down. The kitchen is only allowed to make items that are rung into the system and...

Cons

Great system, could use a few more basic features that many other systems use.

Pros

Love the ease of use. The customer service has been really good as of late. Would for the most part recommend to any business.

Cons

Need some better basic features: -Option for end of day report to reconcile as if the credit card tips were given out as cash to the servers, as this is the process for most restaurants. -Better tip reporting capability for employees. It would be great for it to ask for total tips to be asked when employee is clocking out. There are many reasons for this including tip out, tip pool etc.

Hi Joe. Thank you so much for the feedback. We're glad to hear Lavu is meeting your needs and will strive to keep improving to make your experience even better.

fraud by billing request or shutdown lavu

Pros

about the sistem we are of course happy after one year of lavu at our restaurant, our job is helping from lavu, accouting administration kitchen and all is going in perfect harmonies

Cons

fraud by billing request or shut down lavu. Yes that happen two times , last time few days ago I get a message on a strange open windows of lavu account, was about to pay or shutdown the system but we always pay, so I was worry what happen if shotdown lavu at my place then they ask the min payment, so I used my credit card for pay it but at end they took more for Hosting PAID without any consense from me. we used to pay an agent of lavu so he doesn't answer fast half and that can happen. Now he said like last time they will refund to me but of course after some month... so disappointed about it. Hope to try back faster my money because the agent he asks me to pay him to because isn't his fault. hope someone tries to explain and solve my problem.

We are pulling our systems out of our restaurants

Nothing to come close to outweighing the cons

Pros

About the only thing that is positive about this system is that it is internet based and we can move freely about the restaurant to serve our guests.

Cons

Billing is constantly inaccurate and the system shuts down during service because of this. If you're ok with the system going offline with no warning due to inaccurate automated billing issues and 3 hours on the phone with inept customer service reps while having zero access to input orders, print tickets to your kitchen, bills for the customers and not being able to process credit cards than this...

Hello Blaine, We are sorry to hear about your experience and hope we can solve these issues you've been having. Our customer care manager is looking into the issue now and will reach out to you. In the meantime, we recommend reaching out to our 24-hour customer care line 1.855.528.8457 with any immediate issues you may be having. We would be more than happy to address the problems with your system. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience you may have had and look forward to working through these issues. -Kristin

A good system but customer support is most often disappointing

Pros

Ease of use Joshua Maestas from customer service was so incredibly helpful. He took time to listen to the complicated scenario we were trying to resolve. He followed up when and how he said he would. Most of the time our customer service experience is frustrating but he was truly a breath of fresh air.

Cons

Back end reporting; customer service. There are programming bugs and we continuously are told "development is working on it" but never saw any resolution. If it isn't a priority for you and not intended to be fixed then don't tell us it is being fixed.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

But wait there's more! How about the fact that the kitchen printer prints two checks, that no one can seem to fix. Not only does it waste an enormous amount of paper but it is confusing as the checks are not identical and it blows through a ribbon in 3 or four days! Occasionally it will resend an order back yo the kitchen that has already been made, etc... The is no individual item printer assignment either which means that you have to send an entire category instead of just one item to a screen or printer.

Pros

The iPhone app. Really nothing else, really.

Cons

WOW! Where do I begin? Should I start with how they outright lied to me to make the sale? How about sending a completely incompetent tech support personnel company to help me with my network? Maybe I should start with the fact that they billed me today for Quickbooks integration that I DON'T EVEN HAVE! Let's start with the outright misrepresentation of their product. I specifically asked if they had...

Hi John, We are very sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing. I will have someone from our care team look into this and get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you

Online all inclusive restaurant POS

There is an open ended API for other application integration, but we are not savvy enough to do this ourselves. It would be great if there were more companies and different aspects of integration on the back end for more high end analytics and functionality. (IE: Quickbooks, Simple Order, Etc.).

Pros

Very versatile and easy to use. Easy to make modifications and adjustments within the system and customize to our specific operation.

Cons

Sometimes connection of iPads can be a little shotty as it goes for the order takers communicating with LAVU KDS, and it has been hard to get the problem fully resolved, but it only creates a mild irritant and not a full distraction from the overall business.

To the team at POS LAVU, Just wanted to thank you guys so much for listening to some of our concerns over the years about upgrades to your systems. When we came on board with you guys we were somewhat hesitant to your system. After we made the change we feel as if we all have grown together. We would like to personally say thank you for the time and effort you have put into your growth and we expect to be with you for many many more years. And by the way we now have 3 restaurants with your system and are looking to upgrade two more...Again thank you from all of us at the Pugliese Group...

STAY AWAY

Pros

The interface is user friendly, and tickets get sent to kitchen without many problems. But we could do this with paper

Cons

Everything else! Whenever we have a issue they send it to the "developmental team" also known as the black hole. When we signed up they said "offline processing was in the works" that was 2 years ago. Reports are literally ALWAYS wrong. If you look at sales on two different reports they never are the same. For a span of about three months they miscalculated sales tax, having us over pay hundreds...

Nice Job Lavu

I have a pretty big place, with a long wine and cocktail list, but this handled all of our menu, and getting running was fast with one of the distributors we found in our area. We switched from an older POS after our contract ran out, and this seemed like the new, efficient thing to try out. It was a quick install, and way less than what I paid before. I miss some of the inventory ordering and employee scheduling my old system had, but this makes up for it in other ways. My servers picked it up right away, almost no training needed

Cons

After one full year - still happy

Overall, a good product and always recommend to others.

Pros

System is fairly easy to use and navigate. Easy to setup menus and configure accordingly. Customer support is pretty responsive and quick although sometimes questionable knowledge to help with all situations. Cost for system is excellent.

Cons

Fonts can be a bit small on pos interface and thus hard to read. No big cons to comment on other than have had some big hassles configuring system to work with different credit card merchants and being bounced back and forth with customer support to resolve.

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.