Lavu POS Logo

Lavu POS

Cloud-based iPad POS system for the restaurant industry

Lavu POS Reviews

User ratings

3.9

• Likelihood to recommend8.21/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

POS Lavu has been such an easy transition and very user friendly. It has made it easy to keep track or our products and sales, our employee's love the simplicity of the system.
Used the software for 9 years, pretty easy to use and setup decent feature set, great that it was Ipad/iphone based instead of having to buy specific hardware.
The software is very easy to use and the reporting system is great.
No access to accounting, don't believe me call their number. Had to fight charges and cancelled the credit card to stop them from billing.
All of a sudden I have a Mexican menu inserted into my options causing my staff nothing about problems and disasters in the middle of dinner service. Their answer is I must’ve given my passWord out.
For three weeks in a row it has stopped working during peak hours on weekends. Customer service is a voice mail saying "we know there is a problem.

Lavu POS users...

Square Point of Sale-logocaret

Square Point of Sale

CAKE POS-logocaret

CAKE POS

ERPLY-logocaret

ERPLY

How would you rate Lavu POS?

As good as any "Industry Standard"

Transcript

Sean D.: Hi, I'm Sean, bar lead. I give Lavu POS a four star rating. For more reviews like this, click...

New User Review

Overall, we have great support. all specialists are knowledgeable and helpful to resolve any issues, questions or concerns that come up.

Pros

Ease of use is important to a beginner in the field.

Cons

Backend layout is a bit clunky, too many drop down and making groups and stuff is a bit of a pain. Also when saving sometimes it seems to not save.

Hey Philip, thank you for your feedback! We're happy that you are satisfied with Lavu and our customer support team!

Casa Mex

Pros

Send orders From table, and being able to not use a paper printer we use a kitchen display really helpful

Cons

When there’s a big table with several tickets how to put everything in one ticket and send it

Hi Gonzalo, thank you for reaching out with your feedback! We really appreciate it! If your servers need help combining tickets - please reach out to customer service and we are happy to help!

Use as a server and bartender at independent restaurant

Lavu has helped our business stay afloat, especially during Covid as we had to close down. We use their online ordering software, Menudrive, as well. It made it easier for us to survive the pandemic financially and be able to open our doors again when restrictions were up.

Pros

At our restaurant, we pool tips each night, and Lavu makes it really easy to print out our tip report and figure out how much each server should be bringing home. Saves us a lot of time and effort.

Cons

The inventory feature could be better, but we don't use it that much, to begin with.

Hi Caryn, Thank you so much for your feedback, we really appreciate it! It's so great to hear that your restaurant was able to make it through Covid with the help of MenuDrive. Please let us know if you need anything!

Lavu is easy to use and has fantastic customer service

Pros

INTEGRATION with 3rd party delivery sites via Chowly (so no more manually inputting orders from seamless/ delivery.com/ eat24/ etc. into the POS system), easy to use, good quality hardware, fantastic customer service (anytime I call, the question gets solved the first time; customer service is friendly & very effective; always easily accessible), lots of amazing features (reports, inventory management,...

Cons

Nothing to do with Lavu - it's just that apple software (i.e. iPad) is more costly than using Android-based systems (i.e. tablets) but the iPad is MUCH more user friendly

Hi Laura, thanks so much for your feedback! We are really happy to hear that Lavu has worked so well for you and your restaurant. Please reach out if you need anything!

Stay away. This company is so unorganized and the customer support has gone WAY downhill.

I just wanted to inform people of my experience. I wouldn't recommend using this company to anyone. Borderline criminal activity. After I decided to stop using them they continue to keep charging my card every month and when I call in to get this stopped and ask for a refund I just get looped around in circles. It honestly has taken me 10-15x of me calling in to finally get someone who will eventually refund my card. To be honest that was for the first time and the second time they still haven't even refunded me. It's the most frustrating thing I've ever had to deal with.

Pros

The cost was the only benefit of this software when I launched it 2 years ago. After they increased the pricing (with absolutely no warning) it was inline with most of the other softwares which are much more robust.

Cons

Where do I begin. Honestly, we had so many issues I don't know where to start listing the problems. There are many.

Hi Clay, thanks for your feedback. We appreciate hearing directly from our customers. Our customer support team now has multiple locations in a few different countries, and we are available 24/7. We're sorry to see you go, but if you have any questions, we'd love to chat.

Jessica Schell is TREMENDOUSLY helpful and knowledgeable!

Pros

Ease of use. New employees can figure things out quite easily. Integrates smoothly with Vantiv (Mercury) including their gift program.

Cons

Until just this week, I would have said that the inability to take EMV, Apple Pay, etc. through our current merchant processor was my biggest challenge. Thankfully for the support staff, I was able to purchase the equipment necessary and will be up and running with our new terminal and it's new features soon!

Hi Rebecca, thanks for your feedback! We're really happy that customer support could help get you a new reader that meets your payment needs.

Lavu review

very fun to see the company develop over the years. Almost all my experiences have been good with Lavu.

Pros

first POS that works on iPad. easy to use with nice graphical interface

Cons

no integrated electronic payment system in Canada

Hi Sam, thanks for your feedback! We love that you find Lavu easy to use. We're happy to have you as a customer!

Lavu system is a great system

Pros

Ease of use and kost important the customer service especially the tech support. His was [SENSITIVE CONTENT] but in the past I had great experience with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and many others

Cons

None the software is really good and I recommend it

Hi Nazir! Thank you so much for being a loyal Lavu customer and letting us know about your experience~

Owner

I will keep selling it

Pros

Simplicity of use for merchants and staff. Well thought out and simple to manage the system

Cons

Offline payments not available. Would like to see a per device add on option rather then in bulk

Hey Brian, thank you for letting us know how much you like Lavu! We appreciate your business!

Service department

Like the ease of use

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to set up. Also very customizable for our business

Cons

Would like to be able to print out a receipt for a day in the past with ease

Hi Chris, thank you for letting us know about your experience with Lavu. We love that Lavu is so easy to use! We're always here if you need anything.

Lavu Software

Lavu is a simple tool, easy to use and to train people. There are so many functions I have not used yet but plan to in the future.

Pros

Ease of use. Powerful functions for the business.

Cons

Have not found anything yet that I don’t like.

Hi Simone, thank you for your feedback! We're happy that Lavu is a great tool for you!

opinion

chashier

Pros

easy usage . quick login and reporting . New ways of visuall reports are not to my taste

Cons

ipad based pos of sales and easy usage that waht I needed

Hi Jacob, thank you for your feedback! We are always striving to make Lavu the perfect product for everyone - across all categories!

Happy customer

Pros

Easy to use for users and on back end management/ design

Cons

Some of the back end programming features with the understanding that my needs are not the same as all other customers

Hi Nat! Thanks for your feedback! We're so happy you are finding Lavu easy to use and helpful to your business.

Lavu has been great for us!

Financial Reports. Time cards/Payroll. Theft of employees. Tip tracking. Busy hours of operation. Training testimonials. All of this is helpful to us.

Pros

Customer service is fantastic! The best support out there, we really feel like they listen to us and are responsive when we need something.

Cons

Initial set up of the hardware was a little clunkier than I hoped. Software was way easier and then we were up and running.

Hi Lori, thanks so much for your review, we really appreciate it! Please reach out if you need anything!

A lot easier to keep track of our repeat bowling banquets

Pros

Easy to set up menu items on the backend with immediate results

Cons

There are a lot of steps to checkout a simple bottle of beer.

Hi Brian, thank you for your feedback on us! We really appreciate it - and we are happy you like Lavu!

Nothing

I’m working with Lavu for the past 1,5year and is very good system

Pros

All is working well, create product and get all report is easy

Cons

All is Ok, I thing can be more analogy..

Hi Edward, thank you for your feedback! We're happy you are satisfied with Lavu. Our team is always happy to help!

Lavu has been great

Pros

User friendly and customizable for our business.

Cons

Not enough 3rd party integrations. Inventory has its bugs as well

Hi Mike, thank you for your feedback! We're so happy you think Lavu is great - and we are always working on adding more integrations to our portfolio :)

DO NOT USE LAVU

The whole Lavu system is frustrating and not user friendly. The system would go down on your busiest night and if you called for assistance you get put on hold or to start your system back up there was a long email of lengthy steps to go through to get it to come back up. Totally frustrating and while going through this you are loosing money! Calling for help gets you put on hold or a call back never happens. I switched to TOAST and we are already making more money with its efficient software and knowledgeable and available staff!

Pros

I do not like anything about the software!

Cons

Swipers would often not accept credit cards so you would either have to either swipe 3 times or put in the number which cost more money from your credit card processor. mind you these were new swipers!

Hi Claudia, thanks for your review. We're very sorry to see you go. We've recently started using new state-of-the-art card readers and processors, which give our customers the best experience possible. We also have a 24/7 support line, that is reachable by phone, email, and chat! Please reach out if we can help you with anything.

Great staffing support

Great

Pros

Easy to use … support easy to guide us through

Cons

Few issues with printer just always having to reset

Hi Rose! Thanks for letting us know how much you enjoy using Lavu! We appreciate the feedback and we are always here to help.

Great Support

Pros

Easy Menu update, customer support are kind and helpful

Cons

They should fix the glitches which occurs very frequently.

Hi Kurt, thank you for your feedback! We're happy that Lavu's features are helping your restaurant run!

Easy to Use

Never had an issue

Pros

Ease of use and customer support. Also, the price was perfect for us.

Cons

Customer service was difficult to contact a few months after Covid in 2020. And our card swiper broke 4 times in 2 years and was difficult to get another one quickly.

Hi Scott, thanks for your feedback! We're happy that customer support was able to get you guys back on track!

Great support platform

Pros

I think it is intuitive software concerning the user, mainly because of its ability to be customized depending on the team's needs. Above all because of the human support, especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT] for his infinite openness, trust, and kindness.

Cons

I believe that the process of implementing electronic invoices is the least agile

Hi Appu, thanks so much for reaching out and letting us know what you think of Lavu! It's great to hear that Lavu has been able to help your restaurant, and customer service is always there for you when you need it.

Support

Pros

Easy to use, options are not that much complicated

Cons

Network issues, all connected correctly but doesn’t respond

Hi Brett! Thanks for your feedback on Lavu! We are so happy you find our product easy to use.

Awesome

Pros

User friendly Pos software and easy to use

Cons

Small glitches annoy us sometimes but still is manageable

Hi Jackie, thank you for your feedback! We are always here to help you with any issue you may have!

Solid product with exceptional online support response time

We have a small coffee house and cafe open for breakfast & lunch. LAVU system is perfect for our needs. Extremely easy to navigate for both service staff and back office. Handhelds are easy and super convenient for guests and servers. Minor issues with some of the hardware and wishing they had more easily customizable reports. But I will say that they have been very receptive about creating new reports.

Pros

Easy to navigate for both service staff & back office.

Cons

Reports are lacking.

Hi Mark, thanks for your review! We are constantly improving our system, especially when it comes to reporting and analytics. We've made great strides to perfect Lavu over the past few years, and we are in a great place!