Nutshell Logo
Nutshell

CRM and email marketing that helps your business grow.

visit website

Nutshell Reviews

4.2

How would you rate Nutshell?

Pros

Ease of use, easy integration, great customer support, easy to learn and solid documentation, and many more.

JM

Jean-Marie K.

Reports are easy to generate and there are so many resources to help answer your questions. The provided training videos are clear & give good direction.

LC

Laurel C.

It is very intuitive and has a great mobile app. The price is also great considering all the features.

Alex W.

Cons

I hate the way the tagging system works. I hate the data import/export process is over complicated.

SS

Stacie S.

The lack of a quoting interface, manual address entry into Quickbooks, lack of phone integration, and incomplete email integration.

EB

Eugene B.

No offline desktop apps. There was a feature I was missing on the iPhone app but can't remember what it is.

TB

Thomas B.

JM

Jean-Marie K.

Business Development

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Perfect solution for startups

Transcript

Jean-marie: Hello, my name is Jean-marie. I'm a chief revenue officer. And I give Nutshell a review of...

Simple and inexpensive CRM

Transcript

Alex W.: Hi, I'm Alex. I'm the president of a digital marketing agency, and I give Nutshell a five out...

I've loved Nutshell so much that I now use it for 2 of my companies & recommend to our customers.

Internet marketing can be a long sales process. We went from closing in 120-150 days to around 21 days. Our revenues have almost doubled since implementing Nutshell 2 years ago.

Pros

Ease of use. Very straight forward. We don't need to send our salespeople to "Nutshell Camp" to learn how to use the product. Integrations are easy enough. The only thing I'd love to see is Gravity Forms (WordPress) integration. We could easily onboard more of our customers if that integration were available.

Cons

I would love to be able to share my email templates with the rest of the team. That way I could have my own, but also push new successful templates out to everyone else.

Kevin, I'm so glad that Nutshell has helped you and your team. We are working on expanding, as well as improving our existing, integrations so please keep an eye out for those changes! Best, Asya

Been working with you guys for a while now and like that you are continually making improvements.

Pros

We track every single one of our customers and potential customers in this system. It is the hub of our business

Cons

I dont like that the relationship between the "Lead" and the "Business" is the way it is... I dont like that you have to make a Lead and a Business at the same time. It always seemed to me that a lead should be a lead until it turns into a customer (Business). It would make our lives easier if thats the way it was.

Hi Jake, We appreciate your feedback. Thanks for sharing your feedback about the Lead and Company relationship. We are investigating this function and will let you know if we make any changes. Thanks for being part of the Nutshell family. Amanda

Great CRM for large to small groups of users

Pros

Nutshell has been a great fit for me in tracking all of my sales activities. This service is very easy to use and allows me to quickly retrieve key account or contact details to allow me to better service my prospects and customers. I appreciate the fact that it can be as simple or complex as you need it to be, meaning that every feature is not made into a field that you have to navigate even if you do not use them. All interaction with Nutshell staff has been very quick and efficient. They continue to roll out additional product features so you know that they are growing. The price for this service is very reasonable and I would certainly even pay more knowing the value that it has given my business.

Cons

Nutshell is still growing a little bit, so there are features that are still in the works for development or improvement. However, they communicate well on some of what they are working on so you know progress is being made.

I really love nutshell and it has changed the way we run our operations on a daily basis.

Pros

I like the new data and sales reporting. It works very well for a manufacturing sales environment. I also really like the activity tracking, todo list tasks, and last contact. It is very easy to sort through areas with that, combines with map views and company/leads territory custom lists.

Cons

Leads and company note sharing- when you put notes in leads they don't show up in the company without at tag. Also the Mobile app is easy to use but the notes aren't as easy to access. I would maybe add more annual planning details to help companies grow in addition to fiscal goals. Another change that would be nice for larger databases would be last viewed columns, say you didn't email them etc it would be nice to know the last time called or time the account was reviewed by a particular user.

Hey Chris, Thanks so much for your feedback. We really appreciate your suggestions and will add them to our list. Thanks for using Nutshell. Amanda

Very helpful tool!

Losing track of where we are with customers/venders/sales in general was killing our company. With using Nutshell we have been able to get our sales team on track. Our sales team has a good comfort zone with Nutshell Our experience with Nutshell has been very positive and was easy to implement!!

Pros

What I like most about Nutshell is the ease of use. From a sales team with varied computer skills (beginner to programmers) We can all be on the same page. Which is to stay involved with our customers.

Cons

The raw, raw when you get a sale.... Don't know that it is needed for an older sales staff.

Nutshell was easy to setup, personalize and get value from the application. We continue to modify to our needs as Testimonial Tree's SaaS based customer survey, testimonial marketing, online review and reputation management business grows.

Pros

We really like the insights we get from their reporting which helps us make decisions about our business. We use it for our sales, new customer on-boarding and retention activities. We've been on the platform for over 3 years and highly recommend them.

Cons

We'd like to see them expand their App integrations & Zaps (Zapier) with best of breed solutions.

Very solid tracking system

Tracking clients, leads and sales forecasting

Pros

Easy to use; Tracking clients and leads are very useful to driving revenue; Linking email accounts and documenting conversations saves me a great amount of time

Cons

Settings area could be setup better to link accounts and report setup could function a little better. Granted improvements have been made over the past year where it is much better than before.

Hey Dan! Thanks a bunch for your feedback and taking the time to review Nutshell. We are happy you find the system solid and we'll investigate your concern with the settings area. Many thanks, Amanda

I like the simplicity of the program

Pros

I like the timeline , but it would be great if there was a search box for the timeline. I like the simplicity of the program

Cons

You need more integration with different types of email clients not just your typical gmail. May want to look at way to start integrating with certain types of accounting softwares like quickbooks enterprise. Email campaigns. Lastly you ios app needs work. it keeps flashing every time i'm looking for a contact, the notes sections sometimes cannot be read, its lacking some features from the desktop. I would like to see a map feature on the mobile app. I would like to for it to automatically record a call if wanted to.

Hi John, We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. I am personally working on our integrations and we will have more in the not so distant future. We are aware of the mobile app and are working on it. Thanks for being a part of the Nutshell community. Amanda

Mostly you have everything I need, but leads view can be more friendly, like in pipedrive, drag&dr

Pros

It's easier than our previous CRM.

Cons

Your search engine sucks: when I'm searching a lead by typing its name, I can't find it. It's very annoying. I'm looking for different, more friendly stuff. Also, you are in different time zone, when I need help, when servers are down I have to wait hours for an answer, because you are probably sleeping when I'm working.

Hi Krzysztof, Thanks for your feedback. We are working on ways to expand our CX to be more accessible in different time zones. Search is also at the top of our list to enhance. We appreciate you being a part of the Nutshell community. Amanda

Great solution for salespeople to keep track of leads.

The ability to manage as many client profiles as my sales team can fit into a quarter with ease.

Pros

It's built in notification and notes system allows any salesperson to master their time management and keep a consistent reliable schedule, while maintaining accurate details of each client conversation to allow you to pick up right where you left off with any client.

Cons

It can be a bit glitchy at times, like any software, but to my knowledge it has never lost a single client profile across our entire company, making it reliable despite its flaws.

very easy to use and has proper storage easy to find data

the soft ware benefit are great easy storage to save all my important documents easy to save important company files. helps to organize my folders has lot of data space to store all my important information

Pros

very easy to use and has proper storage easy to find data spelling words are corrected as you work with this soft ware

Cons

nothing that I know of it is not difficult to use not to complicated dose not slow me down. I have never had any problems since I have started using this soft ware

Anthont, Thanks for your review, we are happy that you are part of the Nutshell community! Best, Asya

Director of Business Development

Great contact mgmt for a good value

Pros

The calling feature allows recording of calls so it is easy to pick back up where you left of in a conversation with a prospect.

Cons

That you don't make it easier to line-up a bunch of people to call and then easily move through Calling while easily reviewing notes and information from your call / contact history. You can do this now but it takes a lot of clicking around. Can you package it. In Hubspot I could add people to a call list - set a time interval between calls - and it moves from one call to the next. Nutshell could do this.

Hi David, Thank you for your feedback and greatly appreciate your request on call lists. We will investigate this feature and see what is possible. Amanda

Nutshell consolidated our client services activities into an easy to follow system.

Organized and consolidated our client relations activities; Organized and consolidated our client contact information; Provided sales information to multiple groups within the company without having to produce multiple reports.

Pros

The software is easy to update so our entire company can stay up to date on proposal stage activities for any of our teams.

Cons

The software pulls unrelated information into a lead. Example: If I have a general email related to ACME Corp., as soon as I create a new lead with ACME Corp. that unrelated email shows up in the feed for the new lead.

Highly Recommended for Cross Platform Functionality

Between the training that I received at the beginning and the ever-changing features that keep making things more seamless, I highly recommend Nutshell. Integrates great with Gmail, great mobile app for making adjustments on the go and the desktop platform is easy to use.

Pros

Customizable for varying types of sales processes. Really love the mobile app.

Cons

It's small but to open with a Gmail account, you have to find it in the Gmail apps rather than there being a link on the login page of Nutshell that allows you to login through Gmail. Small but when I close my computer down it's a bit of a process to log back in.

Hi Gordon, Thanks for your feedback! We are very happy that you are all set up and running well. Thank you for being a Nutshell customer! Amanda

Nutshell is a valuable part of our sales operation and ideally suited for our $20M small business.

Major improvement in the organization of our sales pursuits and shared customer database.

Pros

Ease of use. We introduced Nutshell about 1.5years ago to a team of 10 that had largely not used CRM systems in their careers. The adoption was quick and painless and now everyone is using it daily to manage all customers and leads. The importance of sharing all this information across the team, with such ease, is well recognized.

Cons

It has some limits on how you can format fields and customize their display. However, this has not really been a problem to our operation. I would also like it to send my schedule reminders to me through pop up alerts rather than me having to go to the dashboard.

Nutshell review

We have all of our info in one spot which is nice and organized! Our last CRM randomly deleted our info which was so frustrating. We have not had that issue with this. I would still recommend because it is a really good software. our company just doesn't need all the bells and whistles that it offers. I am sure it works great for plenty other companies.

Pros

The email integration is probably the best part! Not having to copy and paste all of our emails. I also really like that my boss and I have separate profiles so it is easy to see who has done who.

Cons

iPad & mobile apps - so not user friendly! Lead and Person separation. seems like too much! Would rather have one profile that I can add as many people as I need and not all the info be separated. Also, the crazy "Follow Up" feature - you can't click all day. Have had some crazy funk with the scheduling for sure. Still shows appointments that I either edited for a different date/time or deleted! We are all about feedback and have given constant feedback, but my boss doesn't necessarily feel heard.

Hi Natalie, Thanks for your feedback! We definitely want you to feel heard. I will have a customer support representative reach out to your directly to clearly understand your pain points. Thanks for being a part of the Nutshell family. Amanda

Beautifully intuitive CRM platform

As a fast growing young company (from zero to GBP£19m in just 4 years), Nutshell provides us with a centralised contacts database and client relationship manager, and a platform on to which quotations can be stored, and leads progressed. We shall also use Nutshell to conduct marketing via the MailChimp integration.

Pros

I like the comparative ease of use and intuitive functionality such as the ability to scan business cards straight into the CRM via the smartphone app, and the quick 'Create' function. The reporting function appears to be very user friendly, although I would like training on how to make the reports bespoke to our requirements.

Cons

As a British company, presently focused only on the UK market, I dislike that the software is Americanised (e.g. dollar sign in pipeline, default markets etc). I also dislike that when creating a new lead for a company, adding a contact against the lead does not automatically propose contacts within the company against which the lead is being registered.

Hey Dale, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy you are happy! You should be able to customize the fields to make the tool UK friendly...please let us know if you are having issues with this.... It's great to have you as part of the Nutshell community. Amanda

it is good

Pros

easy to use and integrate contact and schedule to google. have mobile version and show everything clear.

Cons

the character "&" and Chinese character can not be recognized by import file. It would be good when I can charge the lead assignee to someone , then it can give me a options to choose change the related company, person along the lead together to the same assignee.

Hi Naif, We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing the Chinese character snafu. We are currently looking into I18N. Thank you, Amanda

Very Easy to use and get all the information that You need

An easy way tô follow-up all our sales

Pros

Interface is intuitive and let you find anything very fast, the possibility of record audios it's great!

Cons

It could be better how to visualize the amount off real deals you expect to close. It will be nice to see how much money you may win on each stage of sales process (Check pipedrive software)

Hi Rubens! Thank you so much for your kind words. The Pro version of Nutshell has reporting that will show you the projected value of deals at each stage of your sales funnel. You should check them out! Frank

We close more deals with Nutshell.

Pros

Nutshell is a web based customer relationship management program ,and this eliminates the hassle of setting up and maintaining software, which is a weak point of non - web based Legacy CRM programs. Nutshell meets all of our expectation ,and allows for multiple user access ,smartphone access and it is cross platform too.

Cons

It has been a bit of a challenge trying to find other programs which can natively be integrate with Nutshell,to improve our sales process.

Easy to use CRM for Small businesses

A CRM that gets the job done without being complicated. Customer service is also excellent!

Pros

I had never used a CRM before, but yet I was able to set it up with ease. It is very intuitive. We have a lot of people on our team who have never used a CRM before and they catch on easily. I also love the integrations with google and our ticketing system.

Cons

Not all reporting features are available with the basic subscription - but enough are available that we don't need to upgrade.

MR's review

I find it very easy to use and integrate into your sales process. The system seems to be very users friendly as to where to find things. Minimal training was needed based on our companies 'sales flow'. The leads report is also very helpful.

Pros

I like the lead creation and flow, it's nice because it mimics a check list which is helpful to completing my processes with a new prospect.

Cons

The bcc functionality, if I recall from using sales force there were more ways to 'tag to salesforce' via email that were easy while emailing and after the fact. I don't like that calls get logged to your google calendar after you take notes on them. Seems to clutter things up for no reason.

This is my company's first use with CRM system. I have been pleased with the experience.

Great customer service. Good price for small/ start up businesses & sales teams. Great management of timelines for contacting each customer.

Pros

The software makes it very easy to keep track of communication with each of our potential clients. Being able to email directly through the software is very convenient, compared to going back and forth through email. The functions of being able to add indiviuals and companies to each Lead is helpful as well rather than just 1 person/ company. As our sales will usually go through a couple chanels before final sale.

Cons

Mobile app feature is decent. It doesn't have all the functions as online. Such as adding notes or logging activities. This would be helpful when traveling to add at the same time of meeting or directly after, rather than needing to go to actually computer. Previously had some trouble finding the emails logged if I hadn't created the company/person before sending the email, but I believe this has been resolved recently. The stages of Leads doesn't neccesarily apply to our sales steps. We offer service and products and most of our Leads to do not follow the linear nature of stages.

Collaborative and Customizable Platform

The Nutshell CRM is available in three pricing options. You can also try its 14-day free trial to test out its features. Affordable ricing for beginners and pro users. Definitely will not break the bank.

Pros

Offers a large list of integrations with popular apps and business systems.Offers system’s functionality with a number of apps such as Google Apps Google Sheets Google Contacts Microsoft Exchange Twitter MailChimp Wufoo Zapier Zendesk Olark Dropbox RightSignature Quote Roller PandaDoc Yesware Google Drive Box Kixie RingCentral 40Nuggets Zapier Slack Gravity Forms Pure Chat

Cons

Only offered in English as opposed to it's competitors which offer many languages such as English, Chinese, German, Japanese, Spanish, French, Russian, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Polish, Turkish, Swedish

Pretty good....constant changing makes it difficult to get comfortable

Responsible for everything sales related internally. It is our backbone right now

Pros

Pricing and value; you don't try to put too much into the software. I don't need it to do 1000 things, just 100 things well

Cons

Constant changing has made things difficult. The removal of reports (or poor transfer of reports) with the new reporting structure has made existing data being reported out to management VERY difficult to obtain. You went for form over function with this latest update