Nutshell CRM Reviews

4.2/5 (328 reviews)

Mark Talaba

I've used CRM software on Mac, PC, & midrange IBM systems. Nutshell is at the top of the heap.

Reviewed 2017-05-19

It's CRM that actually is liked and used! Easy and flexible setup; consistently clear design. Can use basic functions without tripping over the advanced ones, and can gradually add feature/function for a smooth transition from beginner to power user. I also like the way you have color-keyed the function buttons to the main color on functional screens. A nice visual orientation cue!

Eugene Bodrero

Good starter CRM

Reviewed 2017-05-08

Consolidated location for prospects and communication history.We explored a number of CRM solutions and initially selected Insightly after trying to get Tiger CRM working. Insightly functionality was too limiting and consequently was not being used. Our second round of trials lead us to Nutshell, which we have been using for about two years. We found Nutshell to be reasonably robust and easy to use. We have been using it for about two years now. We have about 30,000 contacts and 11,000 companies.

Sebastian Sica

Nutshell is overall a great CRM that incorporates good features and provides great customer service

Reviewed 2017-05-08

I appreciate the constant updates. Nutshell has some ways to come, so it is nice seeing changes be made. Customer service is always on spot and very friendly. Nutshell support page is great for new employees, referring them straight to there for advice. The adaptability & usability of the interface is very user friendly.

Mike Novak

Nutshell was provided to me my boss to help track and organize sales calls.

Reviewed 2017-05-08

I like that it holds all the information for my accounts and that I can set reminders for phone calls.

Robert Hylton

Good for most; Doesn't seem to handle recurring/subscription revenue well

Reviewed 2017-05-08

Better tracking of our forecast and contacts.UI is getting much better in general, and the software has always been quite reliable (rarely down or broken).

Vince Herron

Over all it has been great to use, have had some issues with freezing when switching from Dashboard

Reviewed 2017-05-08

Easy to set appointments and track who I have talked with and what we talked about and set follow up calls/appointments. The reports are a good tool for staying on track with my efforts/results. I've only had one experience with customer support but when I did they responded very quickly and had me back working in a very reasonable amount of time.

Rob Hess

Generally good, but with some really messy issues

Reviewed 2017-05-07

We love process management with Nutshell. It helps with our initial sales/setup process, and is very customizable. Nutshell is also fairly logical in its approach to content and is visually appealing.

Joshua Adam

Look forward daily toward using nutshell, since I've been able to make it work for me successfully!

Reviewed 2017-05-08

many successful placements!First and foremost, nutshell has a #1 Customer Service Team! This, in my opinion, is the sole driving force toward effective sales on the part of its users, regardless of the platform/system being used. Then I would add a few other benefits; 1. lead page shows important info all at one glance, 2. availability to search everything (albeit, excluding info logged in the activities section by each individual user), 3. fast input of info when saving info, and many other specific features you've built into the nutshell system.

Bill Palladino

Great Feature-set Without Complexity

Reviewed 2018-11-02

I run a global consulting practice with hundreds of corporate clients and thousands of individual relationships that I manage. Nutshell lets me manage it all. It's my dashboard for everything in my company. It's entry-level rate is worth every penny. I've used Nutshell for three separate businesses that I've run or owned. Each one considered a small to medium-sized business. Nutshell is perfectly suited to us because it's lightweight and easy to learn. It doesn't require an in-house expert on the app (like SalesForce). It's basic feature-set is all I've ever needed, and the support is terrific. Real people at the end of the phone, with fast responses. And, it's made in Michigan! It has a lot of simple customizations that I use; workflow, custom fields, leads, etc.

Trevor Dahl

The best CRM I have ever used!

Reviewed 2017-06-26

It allows me to easily keep track of everything. What sales I am working on. What customers I need to contact. And everything is conveniently located to work with ease. In the two months of implimentation already seen a growth in sales and productivity. Including our first ever RFQ from our website. Ease of use, backed up by powerful tools. Tracks your calls and even can be set to remind you to contact customers that you haven't talked to in a while. Favorite part is the Keep in touch. It plans my day and my call backs flawlessly.

Daniel Suchy

User friendly product that has helped our company grow and transcend our industry.

Reviewed 2017-05-08

Nutshell allows a very small company like ours to manage all of our leads and clients in a manner that would be quite challenging without the software. We are a very unique business in a niche industry and Nutshell adapts very well to our needs. It is pretty easy to get up to speed with the software which has been a nice feature for our organization as we've had multiple people needing to use Nutshell...the reporting and tags have been really helpful..I run a lot of custom reports and using the tag feature on a daily basis.

Brian Christian

Like the simplicity. Most improvements recently have added complexity but little benefit for us.

Reviewed 2017-05-07

Ease of use for a small business with a few people doing sales work. We didn't need all of the bells and whistles of Salesforce at the cost of complexity. As of a few years ago, you had plugged most of the holes that we cared about. Since then, new functionality or major new rewrites have either added complexity or relearning with little apparent benefit. I understand the need to do some of this but I hope you don't become Salesforce.

Tyler Bouldin

Great software! New dashboard layout a few months ago has led to some issues

Reviewed 2017-05-08

Cost, Flexibility, API, Reports. Customer service has been responsive, but most of the time its "wait and try again in a while"

James Miller

I'd like my Nutshell on a silver platter.

Reviewed 2016-07-08

Have been using Nutshell over the past 2 years and looking forward to many more. Have been through some growing pains with updates, but the bugs eventually get fixed. The Support team is awesome and are always helpful and very responsive. Nutshell has taken place of my company communication which has replaced email and texting.Love the integration with 3rd party programs like mail chimp and any other automation systems.

Matthew Wall

Nutshell has been a necessity for our business.

Reviewed 2017-05-08

Organization across sales, support, and billing.The Dashboard is amazing for keeping up to date on the happenings in Sales. I also really appreciate the Wallboard(summary of sales that month) as we google cast it to your TV in our kitchen. The sales process functionality ensures all leads go through a standard sales process. Really good stuff. We're really glad to have supported Nutshell all these years.

Naomi Uwefiri

Nutshell keeps me in the loop at all times.

Reviewed 2018-07-11

Nutshell is amongst the easiest to use CRM out there and I have been chanced to try out a few over the years. Nutshell is cool to use from the perspective of user experience and even setup time. Unlike most other CRM , Nutshell does not require a consultant to begin using Nutshell in any sales departments , thanks to the free on-boarding assistance offered users by the Nutshell team. As a Nutshell user,I am able to visualize the most vital and current information about every lead our sales team communicate with.I am able to scan business cards , and synchronize my phone contact list with nutshell, thereby increasing our lead base. I like its support for mobile,and this has made it possible for me to manage sales pipeline, pull up client contacts , and get notification on every deal right from my smartphone.

Michelle Michlovitch

I set everything up, make any adjustments, and train our end users

Reviewed 2017-05-08

Easy to track our contacts and sales leads. Great tool for management.I really like the ease of use. It's very simplistic but a lot can be done with it. The program is pretty user friendly. Each user is able to customize their own views. Also, the customer service has been great. Not only are they quick to respond, but it's nice to know they take their users' suggestions and implement them if they are an improvement to the product.

Mitch Peterson

Nutshell - More Good than Bad

Reviewed 2016-07-07

Used Nutshell for 2 years .. .... ..... ... .managing daily sales processes and contacts. Keep track of daily follow ups - and record entire history with contacts. Basic CRM stuff it does well.

Bethany Robinson

This software is easy to use. I love that I can track every client from computer or phone.

Reviewed 2017-05-08

This software is easy to use! I didn't have any clue what "CRM" was, and many of the programs I was looking at required a business background to decode the user manual. Nutshell was intuitive. Knowing how to use my I-Phone and Facebook seemed to be the only background I needed to get started! I have all my clients in Nutshell now. I track what they buy, what classes they take through our company, and what they are likely to buy next. I send e-mails to clients every time they order that are customized to tell them what to buy next. All of this was easy to set up through the Nutshell software!

Roger DeHaan

Have used Contact Managers in my sales since Act for Dos. This works for me but I need to dig in

Reviewed 2017-05-08

Helps me to keep pertinent info on my contacts. I know there are more that I can do with the software but so far I don'tMobile app so I have my contact info with me. I have only been using as a simple contact database manager and I know it can do so much more. I need to spend time making sure I understand and use it to the full potential within my needs!

Alice Beattie

We have used Nutshell to keep track of our contacts & leads since around 2013

Reviewed 2017-05-08

- Straightforward interface; easy to train new people - The ability to import emails via "bcc@nutshell.com" to keep track of conversations and relationships across many offices - Easy to bulk upload or update contacts or companies with tags - Thoughtful reports - Generally responsive customer support team - The 'merge duplicates' feature is very helpful

Bobby Gordon

Nutshell helps me get more work done is less time. I wish the mobile apps were more functional.

Reviewed 2017-05-09

Nutshell helps me get more done in less time, plain and simple. Our business is centered around new sales and taking care of those clients we already have. Nutshell helps simplify our communication while also assisting us in making that communication more timely. The ability to automate tasks is pretty spectacular. I also very much appreciate the ability to make a call directly from the mobile app, log it, and make a note about what was discussed.

Phil Curtolo

Easy, Flexible, Customizable and Inexpensive!

Reviewed 2017-07-21

We previously used a locally-installed, server-based CRM (Goldmine), which was very functional but completely not portable. Migrating to Nutshell allows for easy remote access from anywhere an Internet connection can be found. And in this day in age, that's of the utmost importance. We also used to keep a bunch of Excel spreadsheets for sales tracking, pipeline management, and customer details, all of which have now been replaced by Nutshell's standard functionality. Easy migration from old CRM via CSV import. Activity management and to do lists keep users organized and on task. Integrated lead tracking and metrics help guide sales reps through the sales process. Ability to link with Google Suite is a definite plus.

Dave Boyd

Lower cost alternative to other CRM programs

Reviewed 2017-06-15

Time and cost savings. Low cost way to manage my customer base info.Ease of use. Searching is speedy and the interface is well thought out. There's a lot of customization available and marketing to my customers is easy with templates.

Steven Shattuck

Fantastic small/medium-sized-biz CRM

Reviewed 2017-11-17

New sales people are able to jump right in with minimal training. Workflows are customizable, and tracking prospect information is a breeze.Nutshell has been great for our software firm as it grew from a startup to a mid-market company. Nutshell is very similar to us in age, culture, feature philosophy, etc. so I always enjoy interacting with the team. The Support (via chat and email) is excellent and they are always willing to hear new feature ideas and requests. The affordability makes it a great first CRM for new and small businesses.