All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Nutshell Reviews

Pros

This is a very useful tool for sales teams, it helps sellers collab and optimizes their work. It has very good integrations to MailChimp for example.

Read the full review
Great customer support and overall quality in their product. Happy to be a paying customer and will continue to use the service for as long as we need.

Salvador S.

Read the full review
I love how we were up and running on day one and using the software effectively the same week. It really helps us manage our communications with clients.

Read the full review

Cons

The UI can be a bit cluttered/clunky at times, and the lack of a well put together mobile app makes it a pain to use on mobile devices.

Michael H.

Read the full review
One thing that annoys me is having to set a time for a phone call as my days aren't that predictable.

Read the full review
This software has a huge learning curve for first time users and one little mistake can mess up an entire lead. The layout of the software is very busy and can be confusing.

Kyle W.

Simple and inexpensive CRM

Bang for your Buck

Great! It helps the team stay on track whether it's sales or implementation.

Pros

Reporting and filtering reports. Keeping a track record of our leads.

Cons

Have to move over to pro to get more then one sales process. Pro is so expensive.

An Elegant Yet Powerful CRM

We are now better organized with our sales process and are more collaborative. This allows us to keep our important information in one place that is easy to use and work as a team to get things done!

Pros

I love the filtering ability with our companies and people lists. It allows us to really drill down and get the exact metrics we want. We are better able to see a lot of information at a glance in a dynamic way.

Cons

I would love more options when emailing groups of people in the system. Currently, I need to only use templates when emailing groups and I would like to be able to type out the email in one shot instead.

leads don't allow you to easily sell services, only products. After sale service is hindered.

We get a cost effective CRM that frees up cash flow for use elsewhere in our business.

Pros

Nutshell offers a unique ability to tag people in activities and run reports on calling activities for my sales reps.

Cons

Every lead typically has a company or contact. But if you don't save the activity in the lead, and instead under the company or individual contact, you can't see it when your client calls in regarding the sale they want service for, so your customer service is hindered and your sales people look like they don't know the history of the account. It's embarrassing to use this software because Nutshell...

Nutshell VS Act

Pros

I was an ACT user for 10+ years and when they went to an cloud solution the product because so slow and crappy I had to make a switch. Testes and used many programs and landed on Nutshell. Great product & great support!

Cons

The process of a lead and a person a little confusing at 1st.

Perfect solution for startups

Everything was really great. From the sales, through deployment, and ongoing support.

Pros

Ease of use, easy integration, great customer support, easy to learn and solid documentation, and many more.

Cons

Some features need improvement or expansion but our rep told us all the ones we asked about are already in their production queue.

Pleased with Nutshell

The support team is knowledgeable, responsive, cares about your issues and has proactive training available for users.

Pros

visually organized and logical data entry screen. Functionality is there to build as robust or simple as the company needs/wants.

Cons

It is very easy to self-build an inefficient architecture. Data uploads can be catastrophic if not done correctly. I think more training on set up, warnings issued at set up and common pitfalls at set up would avoid harmful bulk uploads making irreversible upload mistakes.

Good, but could use improvement

I'd say my experience overall is good. I like how simple it is to create things. They all link together smoothly. My experience with other CRM programs is that they over complicate things with too many layers. Nutshell just keeps it simple and give me what I need. It could use a few more ways of spitting out information, but as far as keeping all my information in one spot it's quite good at it. I would suggest the product for a company that needs a CRM for information tracking. I think when it comes to an organization that needs a deeper data dig, Nutshell will not be the solution for them.

Pros

It's easy to use and task tracking is simple. It helps me understand at a glance what I need to accomplish in a day. Entering data is quick, and this part of the program is quite intuitive. Customer support is really good. You're speaking with a human instead of a robot.

Cons

Reporting is quite lacking. Trying to understand data trends in some cases requires the creation of multiple reports instead of compiling it into one. It often times asks about duplicates. I'm not sure how it recognizes them, but they're often not similar at all. Understanding interactions between an account is quite tiresome. It tracks all of the data into one place and requires some digging to determine what is relevant to the lead, contact, or company. It's all in the same place instead of into multiple swim lanes. It some times feels like you're asking it for information regarding one thing and it dumps every single interaction that may or may not include that lead/account/contact.

Helpful Software

Pros

It is incredibly helpful to have so many features within one program. Nutshell is helpful to almost everyone on our team! With a quick search, the team can find contact information and see where the conversation left off. I love that there is a PandaDoc extension to help send documents in an organized & prompt manner! Reports are easy to generate and there are so many resources to help answer your questions. The provided training videos are clear & give good direction. Customer service representatives are knowledgable, kind, and personable.

Cons

Duplicates are easy to create, however the software makes up for this by creating an alert and suggesting that the information may already be in the system.

From a Beginners Perspective

While with another company, I used SalesForce exclusively. I have to say in the short time using Nutshell, I like it better. It is just easier to use. I have called to talk to support and they have been beyond wonderful. They take the time to listen and work with you to solve the issue. I tried the training videos, the live training and the live chats and although somewhat helpful, I prefer working with the support people. I have been using Nutshell for 6 weeks and hope to learn more about it's reporting capabilities.

Pros

Very easy to navigate right from the start. Easy to enter information and keep track of it. I also like the phone app feature although with this pandemic, have not been able to use it as much as I will when things open up.

Cons

So far, I do not like the duplicate feature. For instance, a duplicate shows for David Perine, the name it is asking if it's a duplicate is Brian David from a totally different company. And I can't tell you why it chose Brian David and not all of the David's in my contacts. Come on, you need to tighten up that feature up.

A good CRM

Pros

I am part of a pilot project for Nutshell within our organization and i have found it to help with my organization and task management. From what i have seen, a simple, easy to use CRM. One of my favorite parts of this system is how easily editable everything is. Seems simple, but being able to adjust notes and basic information on the home screen makes things very simple.

Cons

I have only been working with it for about a month, but from what i can see it is a bit cumbersome when trying to manage multiple sales cycles within the same customer. Either i haven't figured out the best way to use it, or some development on this is needed.

I've used CRM software on Mac, PC, & midrange IBM systems. Nutshell is at the top of the heap.

It's CRM that actually is liked and used!

Pros

Easy and flexible setup; consistently clear design. Can use basic functions without tripping over the advanced ones, and can gradually add feature/function for a smooth transition from beginner to power user. I also like the way you have color-keyed the function buttons to the main color on functional screens. A nice visual orientation cue!

Cons

I worked full-time in the design profession for 17 years, so this is a 'studied' critique: There is a lot of market pressure for tech products to follow design trends. Unfortunately, design trends often are based on designers designing for other designers -- which tends to leave certain kinds of user needs out in the cold. One of the most common of these 'orphaned' needs is the need for contrast...

Hi Mark! Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback. We appreciate the positive review and will pass along the feedback to our design team. Thanks for being part of the Nutshell community. Amanda

Good starter CRM

Consolidated location for prospects and communication history.

Pros

We explored a number of CRM solutions and initially selected Insightly after trying to get Tiger CRM working. Insightly functionality was too limiting and consequently was not being used. Our second round of trials lead us to Nutshell, which we have been using for about two years. We found Nutshell to be reasonably robust and easy to use. We have been using it for about two years now. We have about 30,000 contacts and 11,000 companies.

Cons

We are now running into some functional issues which we have to address with addons, including Mailjet for email campaigns and Zapier for data transfer. The lack of a quoting interface, manual address entry into Quickbooks, lack of phone integration, and incomplete email integration. With the exception of QB integration, the other functions can be addressed with more addons. By the time we get done...

Nutshell is overall a great CRM that incorporates good features and provides great customer service

Pros

I appreciate the constant updates. Nutshell has some ways to come, so it is nice seeing changes be made. Customer service is always on spot and very friendly. Nutshell support page is great for new employees, referring them straight to there for advice. The adaptability & usability of the interface is very user friendly.

Cons

I have been using this software since October of 2014. So far, I think what needs to be implemented on the "Admin/SetUp side" is making sure Products, Reasons why Leads Close, the Sales Process Competitors, and so much more need to be added from the start with Nutshell and the business buying the service. The reason being is because over the last two years, slowly things have been added/removed/changed....

Hey Sebastian! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I hear you on the changes over the last couple of years. I will talk to our dev team about the requests you mention below on the Company. We appreciate you being a part of the Nutshell community. Amanda

Nutshell was provided to me my boss to help track and organize sales calls.

Pros

I like that it holds all the information for my accounts and that I can set reminders for phone calls.

Cons

I wish everything on the lead for a shop page showed up on the store page, i'm always having to flip from page to page to get a name and it seems redundant and time consuming to re input that information everytime I start a new lead when I just put it on the store page. Same with logged activities, I often have an activity on an account and then I have to put one on the lead I wish the activity showed...

Hi Mike, We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback- I sense your frustration and perhaps there is something that one of our customer service reps can help you with as far as logging leads, activities etc. I will have someone reach out to you directly. Thank you for being a part of the Nutshell community. Amanda

Good for most; Doesn't seem to handle recurring/subscription revenue well

Better tracking of our forecast and contacts.

Pros

UI is getting much better in general, and the software has always been quite reliable (rarely down or broken).

Cons

1. Can't duplicate leads (we have customers that renew annually - I have to create new leads with all of the information each time) 2. Can't type an actual date in (must pick it) - every time I create a new lead for an annual subscription in the future, I have to click 12 times to get to the right month. Doing this for 20-30 leads makes my hand want to fall off 3. Hard to add future subscription...

Thanks for the feedback Robert. We've had a few customers, like you, ask about the possibility of splitting users between the Standard and Pro versions. It's something we are seriously looking into and will be asking more of our customers if this is important to them. Frank

Over all it has been great to use, have had some issues with freezing when switching from Dashboard

Pros

Easy to set appointments and track who I have talked with and what we talked about and set follow up calls/appointments. The reports are a good tool for staying on track with my efforts/results. I've only had one experience with customer support but when I did they responded very quickly and had me back working in a very reasonable amount of time.

Cons

For what I use the software for there really are not any cons. I am an end user so I primarily use it for setting/following up/tracking my daily calls and contacts. I guess on the computer side the only negative I would say is the search engine is very fickle, sometimes you can put in specific words and you get some crazy thing that has nothing to do with the company or person your looking for and then you can misspell what your looking for and get exactly what you want. I will say that the app for my HTC phone is somewhat lacking. I can set appointments just fine and log calls/emails but the searching for a certain person or company is very very limited

Hi Vince, We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. The search function is on our list to investigate and we are definitely working on the mobile app. Thanks for being a part of the Nutshell community. Amanda

Generally good, but with some really messy issues

Pros

We love process management with Nutshell. It helps with our initial sales/setup process, and is very customizable. Nutshell is also fairly logical in its approach to content and is visually appealing.

Cons

We find it is a little too oriented towards "pure" sales teams (we have mixed teams with product, customer service, sales, etc all done by the same groups of people). Mostly, though, we find there are really small but highly irritating bugs or issues. For example, If I start typing a reply to a message that shows up in Nutshell and then click to show more details on the original message, my reply...

A Full Featured Sales CRM

Our sales staff was apprehensive at first as there were lots of bells & whistles and a little worn out with the previous jumps from one CRM to the other. But within two weeks everyone fell in love with Nutshell and completely on board significantly contributing to an increased close ratio.

Pros

This CRM walks the less experienced sales rep through the entire sales process even recommending when to follow up even suggesting additional steps should be taken to get to the close. Upon close it automatically updates the customer database and the task management features facilitate the onboarding process. It also has a neat "Click-to-Call" feature that calls and optionally records directly from your prospect list providing an excellent sales training vehicle.

Cons

We would like to have seen the developers respond more quickly to feature suggestions but as a Sales CRM it is untouchable.

Look forward daily toward using nutshell, since I've been able to make it work for me successfully!

many successful placements!

Pros

First and foremost, nutshell has a #1 Customer Service Team! This, in my opinion, is the sole driving force toward effective sales on the part of its users, regardless of the platform/system being used. Then I would add a few other benefits; 1. lead page shows important info all at one glance, 2. availability to search everything (albeit, excluding info logged in the activities section by each individual user), 3. fast input of info when saving info, and many other specific features you've built into the nutshell system.

Cons

why not build an automatic clock, showing the time the caller is calling into lead location, maybe next to a number lead. additionally, you would raise the value of your product substantially if you were to build a functionality that allowed a search of the words in the activities (message) section of your lead page. this would allow users an ability to quickly zero in on valuable leads based on previous messages noted. just think when users leave or when their leads are reassigned to different users, how valuable a tool that would be to follow up on hot leads that need to be brought to a close.

Great Feature-set Without Complexity

I run a global consulting practice with hundreds of corporate clients and thousands of individual relationships that I manage. Nutshell lets me manage it all. It's my dashboard for everything in my company. It's entry-level rate is worth every penny.

Pros

I've used Nutshell for three separate businesses that I've run or owned. Each one considered a small to medium-sized business. Nutshell is perfectly suited to us because it's lightweight and easy to learn. It doesn't require an in-house expert on the app (like SalesForce). It's basic feature-set is all I've ever needed, and the support is terrific. Real people at the end of the phone, with fast responses. And, it's made in Michigan! It has a lot of simple customizations that I use; workflow, custom fields, leads, etc.

Cons

Integrations are somewhat limited, but still, plenty to work with. I'd like an integration to RingCentral's app. Also, it doesn't' handle subsidiary company relationships well. I've had to create a workaround with tags to help connect them.

The best CRM I have ever used!

It allows me to easily keep track of everything. What sales I am working on. What customers I need to contact. And everything is conveniently located to work with ease. In the two months of implimentation already seen a growth in sales and productivity. Including our first ever RFQ from our website.

Pros

Ease of use, backed up by powerful tools. Tracks your calls and even can be set to remind you to contact customers that you haven't talked to in a while. Favorite part is the Keep in touch. It plans my day and my call backs flawlessly.

Cons

I would like to see a visual overlay of all my customers on a map. That way when I am planning a trip I don't miss any customers that are off the main roads. Will give me a visual to help plan. Or some way to plan a road trip and Nutshell will show me all the customers I should contact on the way and plan route. Which can be transferred over to gps software like enroute.

Hey Trevor! Thanks for the positive feedback. The best part is the growth in sales and productivity you've seen since your implementation. Congratulations! Amanda

User friendly product that has helped our company grow and transcend our industry.

Nutshell allows a very small company like ours to manage all of our leads and clients in a manner that would be quite challenging without the software. We are a very unique business in a niche industry and Nutshell adapts very well to our needs.

Pros

It is pretty easy to get up to speed with the software which has been a nice feature for our organization as we've had multiple people needing to use Nutshell...the reporting and tags have been really helpful..I run a lot of custom reports and using the tag feature on a daily basis.

Cons

It has been challenging to be able to connect with support staff about a technical issue. About a year ago, I really enjoyed being able to message with support staff if I had a question..now it seems like I have to wait a day or two for an automated email reply with some links to some possibly related topics of interest.. my questions can be fairly technical and multi-faceted where either use of messaging or simply talking to another human would be more beneficial.

Like the simplicity. Most improvements recently have added complexity but little benefit for us.

Pros

Ease of use for a small business with a few people doing sales work. We didn't need all of the bells and whistles of Salesforce at the cost of complexity. As of a few years ago, you had plugged most of the holes that we cared about. Since then, new functionality or major new rewrites have either added complexity or relearning with little apparent benefit. I understand the need to do some of this but I hope you don't become Salesforce.

Cons

The LinkedIn connection is really important for us. It was a big relief when that came back. Also, the loss of historical record of communication for a Contact when you delete an old email is problematic. We are forced to retain all of these old emails and this can create confusion.

Hey Brian, Thank you so much for your feedback. We have no intention of becoming Salesforce and take your feedback very seriously. Our goal is ease of use for SMB's. We hope you will be able to quickly benefit from our changes and improvements. Amanda

Great software! New dashboard layout a few months ago has led to some issues

Pros

Cost, Flexibility, API, Reports. Customer service has been responsive, but most of the time its "wait and try again in a while"

Cons

we use the dashboard heavily as a team, and the new homescreen layout has made things a little more difficult. We still have issues where items will not "check off" from time to time, or duplicate to-dos from the same process appear. This has decreased since the new layout launched, and I was in contact daily with a customer service rep at that point. The biggest ongoing issue is that the "to-do"...

I'd like my Nutshell on a silver platter.

Have been using Nutshell over the past 2 years and looking forward to many more. Have been through some growing pains with updates, but the bugs eventually get fixed. The Support team is awesome and are always helpful and very responsive. Nutshell has taken place of my company communication which has replaced email and texting.

Pros

Love the integration with 3rd party programs like mail chimp and any other automation systems.

Cons

iOS app needs some more tweaking with being able to have the little blue bubble on activities when viewing activities from the activity menu or when viewing activities on the account info page. You only get the blue bubble if you go to the customer timeline and find the activity, or from the notifications menu. The blue bubble for conversations on activities should be available everywhere you can access an activity.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.