Canopy Reviews

4.55/5 (89 reviews)

Mark Bliss

Outstanding software that keeps getting better and better!

Reviewed 2018-03-09

It's an excellent client database and portal.

Antonietta Casale

We all love the program! It has kept us better organized! It's so easy to use!

Reviewed 2018-04-04

Canopy is easy and secure program to use to communicate with our clients. The uploading, tasks and engagement feature is used on a daily base in our office. I also, like the fact that we upload files in Canopy and make them visible or non-visible to our clients.

Elisabeth Gay

I have had an outstanding experience with Canopy!

Reviewed 2018-05-30

Client satisfaction, reliable (and hopefully secure!) file-sharing. Potential to have a more efficient tax practice. I feel like i didn't have time to dive in to all feature fully during tax season, but hope to spend some time this Fall tinkering with the software.

McKinley Jones

I have had a good experience using Canopy. The website functionality has been very good.

Reviewed 2018-04-05

I like the ability to produce documents that are ready to deliver to clients or the IRS once I have completed the required forms. Additionally, I like the ability to make changes without having to reproduce documents. The link that can be sent directly to clients for data input has been very helpful. Having tax transcripts that are readily accessible on my desktop is a very important feature.

John Jones

Canopy has simplified the resolution process saving me time.

Reviewed 2018-05-24

This product is necessary for me on a daily basis. I benefit from many of it's features.

Marcy Block

Had the software for a few years it manages our whole practice.

practice managment

Danny Nordstrom

Canopy takes the headaches out of client management by offering a way to keep client info organized.

Reviewed 2018-04-27

Improved practice management and time management. As well as a simple way for clients to securely share their files with me.

Lauren Johnson

Great Product! Such a Time Saver!

Reviewed 2019-08-07

Love it! I would recommend it to anyone who regularly deals with IRS transcripts! Has saved us so much time!

Ellen Lanham

I really have loved bringing the practice to Canopy.

Reviewed 2018-03-02

Client portal, shared communications, all client info in one easy to use place.

Anonymous

Robust office management tool that is consistently rolling out new features and improving product.

Reviewed 2018-02-08

I am able to view my team and company status on a variety of indices easily. As new features roll out I have been able to reduce my reliance on other software solutions.

melanie castillo

Powerful tax tool

Reviewed 2018-05-11

It is such a robust program. It combines a number of other software programs into one and then some. I love being able to see where I left off on a particular client request. It keeps me organized and provides great documetation. I am also going to be using the transcript service once I figure it out. And I suspect that I will be purchasing the audit resolution package soon too. Many benefits to using this software.

Canopy is to be loved.

Reviewed 2018-04-03

Client file organization and communication system all in one software. All tax forms and ease of editing client files... it's great.

Jonathan Rivlin

This software is my main hub for working and is allowing us to finally move to a paperless office.

Reviewed 2018-06-03

We're able to have easy access to all our clients, vendors, internal files, employees, etc - all in one easy to use format that is secure. We may never be 100% paperless due to regulatory requirements, but with Canopy, we can get as close to it as possible.

Julie Long

As a tax professional with various types of clients I love it all in one place

Reviewed 2018-04-10

Having a secure portal and most of my client tax information in one place.

Anthony Bass

Great software, and the company is very good about ongoing development!

Reviewed 2018-03-20

Time savings, efficiency and clarity of reports. Completeness of the reports, and a very professional presentation of the information. For example, when we present the results of a transcript pull, our clients feel we've done something very personal for them, and this helps our "word of mouth" advertising. I really like being able to do everything in one place. There are no separate programs to use, it's basically an all-in-one solution.

Phillipa Williams

WFS - Canopy

Reviewed 2019-02-26

I have found that a great deal of my clients have enjoyed the Canopy app. I have gotten feedback that it is good to have their return on the go. I find that it has saved me some time.

Jason Neves

This website has optimized our client communication faster than any other avenue.

Reviewed 2018-04-03

We appreciate the ability to communicate with our clientele virtual through a multitude of platforms on Canopy, all precisely engineered to accommodate our desires.

John Bove EA

Great product extraordinary customer support!

Reviewed 2018-05-30

In it's fully developed form this product would be second to none! At the moment we use the product primarily for form population and transcript reports.

victor aldin

Canopy is user friendly, robust, and agile. I love it.

Reviewed 2018-04-06

The CRM component lets you take notes, update client work papers. The software also make it easy for clients to upload documents and files. Pulling clients transcripts is also a plus. This cuts out a lot of phone time waiting for the IRS to respond. Overall, it is a very good product.

George Dines

Software really helped to simplify the tax season for me.

Reviewed 2018-04-30

Establishment of client database, transfer of files/documents through the portal and the integrated Stripe support for collecting credit card payments.

Chris Thorn

Makes dealing with the IRS much easier!

Organization in tax resolution

Mark Ja

Canva has most definitely allowed me to streamline my tax business!

Streamline and mobility

Jeremy Johnson

Canopy has been a great resource for my accounting firm.

Reviewed 2018-03-20

I love the intuitiveness of the product and the user interface on both my end and my client's. I use the product on a continuous basis and it has turned out to be a precious timesaver for my firm.

Anonymous

Great idea but new features are diluting the original purpose.

Reviewed 2018-03-07

Love the idea of it, but as the features expand, it is becoming a general accounting/tax practice software vs the initial intent of tax resolution only. I think the new features are great for full service firms, but for those who specialize only in tax resolution, the new extra features are not as necessary.

David HARTSOCK

I really like the software's ease of use; and my staff loves it!

Reviewed 2018-05-11

The fact that even some of my least tech saavy clients can use this software. Also, the transcript feature is worth its weight in gold! I almost never have to use the very frustrating and non-user friendly IRS site, which is a real time saver for my staff and I.

Veronica Marelli EA, CTRS

Excellent

Reviewed 2018-04-04

Like how I can do everything in one software - all the forms, poas, etc in one engagement. Love the software.

Bernadette Schopfer

Canopy is extremely functional having secure portal, workflow & tax controversy resolution abilities

Reviewed 2018-04-30

The ability to securely share documents with clients as well as complete POAs from client contact data already in Canopy. The ability to route workflow between team members with color coded statuses allows us to work efficiently.

Jennifer Vinci

Our office LOVES Canopy!!! We love how user friendly it is and they have great customer service!

Reviewed 2018-06-11

Canopy helped us streamline our process and allows our entire team to be in the know.

Anonymous

Great tool for managing client tasks

Reviewed 2018-05-03

I like being able to assign tasks and monitor them. I like how easy it is to use for our clients. They have very little trouble navigating the site.

ARNEZ HARDNICK

Time saver

Reviewed 2018-03-03

I use this product to communicate with clients, organize files, manage time. Great for client to go to their portal and access files without having to communicate with my company

Heather P.

Streamlined tax resolution software makes collections a breeze!

Reviewed 2018-03-04

It makes tax resolution faster, easier, more accurate, and more efficient.

Karen Austin

When I have issues with functionality, the customer support team are quick to address.

Reviewed 2018-05-15

Allows staff to access needed information regarding clients at any location.

Sheila Randall

I love Canopy but I wish there were some other functionalites .

Reviewed 2018-03-22

Saves time. Clients love it.

Roxanne Greene

Excellent and Secure

Reviewed 2018-11-20

I had problems exchanging large documents securely. This solves those problems. I don't feel I'm using this program to it's full functionality, but I'm not sure how to integrate it into our work flow.

Therese Francis

Reviewed 2018-03-01

Transcripts in one place and easy to print (the versions from IRS are not); contact info all together with easy clicks between companies and stakeholders

Gaurav Bajaj

Time Saver! My clients love it because they can safely share their documents with me.

Reviewed 2018-07-28

I can practice nationwide because I can share documents and info safely! My clients love that they can log in and have access to all their documents.

Edward Bender

I love that we can have all of our representation clients in one place.

Reviewed 2018-04-09

Organizing clients and keeping their data in one place, getting transcripts. Having a spouse as a new client yet could be within one client.

Carola Rafferty

I love working with canopy, it gives me the peace of mind that my clients information is kept secure

Reviewed 2018-04-26

Convenience for both my clients and my practice. Saves time! We serve clients living far away and I would like to make sure they have an easy and especially secure way to upload their information to us.

Stephanie Anderson

Canopy has saved me hours upon hours in time. Efficiency !

Reviewed 2018-06-29

I like to ease of use, new features come quickly/consistently, always customer support, the free education credits and (my favorite) analytics tool.

Tom Regan

This helps my clients and me stay organized and communicate more effectively.

Reviewed 2018-04-04

It speeds up the exchange of information with my clients and makes it easy to review the information with my clients and update the information as needed. It also keeps things well organized.

Easy, productive, useful

Reviewed 2018-06-07

An easy place to track my clients and prospects and archive our emails instead of having a million saved emails. Project tracking is also super helpful.

Justin Sadler

Canopy has become the centerpiece of our office workflow.

Reviewed 2018-04-07

The tax representation features have drastically reduced our time required to analyze and respond to IRS issues on behalf of our clients.

Jennifer Shechter

Great experience.

Reviewed 2018-05-01

Pro: 1- Task for tracking returns 2- Mass emails to email clients or client by their tag 3- Tags for clients so I can group them

Marla Dodds

It's a great piece of software that is continually striving to be better!

Reviewed 2018-05-11

Organization of contacts, data, and sharing of information with clients securely.

Radhika Pathy

Files were in order and easy both for my clients and myself.

Reviewed 2018-04-27

Saves time in mailing the documents and Security and storage are very helpful.

Louise Hartford

The people at Canopy and their products have been phenomenal to work with.

Reviewed 2018-05-29

better client management and organization less time looking for client correspondence better "to do" lists easier form filling fantastic customer support a new job

Anonymous

Canopy is flexible and user friendly. Great for practice management and CRM for other areas.

Reviewed 2018-03-26

Better organization and tracking of information in the same area. This is a great time saver especially when dealing with sensitive data and updating efficiently as things need to change.

Terry Hendrixson

very helpful in pulling information for client support

Reviewed 2018-03-24

The ability to extract and retain information related to client tax information for multiple years in one concise manner.

Sharron Siamson

Great for allowing your client access

Reviewed 2018-04-03

The fact that my clients can access their tax returns and other tax forms as often as they like without me having to email to them over and over again.

JAMES FAUGHTENBERRY

INCREDIBLE, AMAZING

Reviewed 2018-05-25

HELPED ME STREAMLINE PROCESSES AND ENHANCE COMMUNICATION WITH CLIENTS. I AM NO ABLE TO ONBOARD NEW CLIENTS IN UNDER AN HOUR AND SET UP NEW LEGAL ENTITIES IN LESS THAN A WEEK.

Mona Wade

The screen is very hard to read at times and I cannot see where to type in responses.

Reviewed 2018-05-14

Quick transmittal retrieval and forms filled out quickly.

Brian Hill

Canopy has enabled us to centralize our client management and greatly improve communication

Reviewed 2018-05-29

We have greatly improved our communications and efficiency. If someone is not available, another staff member can go through the client file and answer questions.

Tony Proctor

Great help for Tax Resolution

Reviewed 2019-06-18

Ability to pull entire reports from IRS for clients. Client surveys are easily able to put into documents to send out

Anonymous

Great program for helping clients with their tax issues.

Reviewed 2018-05-17

The program has improved over time to get the information of clients tax issues as quickly and accurately as possible.

Tiffany Booth

So far so good.

Reviewed 2018-05-30

Canopy has helped our office become much more organized. We are absolutely loving the portal for our clients too.

Connie Schafhauser

Canopy, communication made easy!

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-04-12

My overall experience using Canopy has been enjoyable and thankful. I enjoy the security it offers in sending and receiving sensitive files. I am able to receive notices from my tax agent in real time and when out tax return was ready we were able to review our return without having to make an appointment with our agent.

EASY TO USE, BUT LACKS SOME FEATURES LISTED BELOW

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-01-11

MODERN DESIGN, EASY-TO-USE, CLOUD-BASED SOFTWARE, BRANDING, TEMPLATE LETTERS FOR GENERIC IRS RESPONSE LETTERS, GREAT WEBSITE AND LAYOUT

Julie Franklin

This is a great product!

Reviewed 2018-06-12

I like the ease of pulling transcripts and the penalty abatement letters templates. The OIC is a very good tool as well. It allows me to input and change items with great ease.

Yvette Allen

I love the program.

Reviewed 2018-03-23

The ease of filling the forms and the process of each engagement.

Adam Cary

This is a great help with OICs

Reviewed 2018-04-09

Like how the software does everything needed to file OICs; like that the surveys get sent easily to clients and get notified that the survey is done

Collin Clark

Easy to use software that really does save time.

Reviewed 2018-06-26

Ease of use. Everything just works. It is simple and intuitive. The navigation leads you to where you need to go to get each task completed.

Anonymous

Canopy is an incredibly useful tool; a must-have for any tax professional.

Reviewed 2018-05-04

I am using the free service to obtain IRS Transcripts and run reports, and as everything is web-based there is nothing to install.

Nehemiah Jefferson, Esq.

The Canopy Software has streamlined and organized my practice. A time saver. Time is money!

Reviewed 2018-04-10

The software is simple, user friendly, and cloud-based. It combines both practice and process management.

Terry Fallis

good stuff

Reviewed 2018-05-25

Its user friendly. Processing forms is very easy. We use the notes sections for communication time lines

Chandra Donald

My experience using Canopy was superior!

Reviewed 2018-06-29

On stop shop database and communication source that serves all of my clients. I love being able to provide a private and secure ePortal to my clients!

Colleen Middleton

Software is very easy to use.

Reviewed 2018-05-14

The ability to have all information in one place.

Paul Allen

Good, but expecting more

Reviewed 2018-07-24

Client Portal should support working with non-local clients.

Anonymous

Canopy transcripts is awesome!

Reviewed 2018-08-15

It is easy to use, and pulls the information from IRS into one place, summarizes it beautifully. I don't have to click a thousand times like the IRS site makes me.

Ease Of Access

Reviewed 2018-09-25

Very easy to use, minimalistic layout and great functionality, they know what they are doing and know how to make it easier for accountants

Kenneth Forman

a bit difficult putting it together

Reviewed 2019-02-15

A centralized place for tax resolution

Sold a False Bill of Goods

Reviewed 2018-10-04

After a lot of $, we have been so frustrated we haven't even gotten off the ground. The support is terrible and there is very amateurish implementation planning.

Sharon Cummings

New Customer

Reviewed 2017-02-07

I am exceptionally pleased with my use of Canopy software. It has made completing, reviewing, and updating offer in compromises for the IRS easier. I also love the look of the reports produced by the tranacript delivery system.

CHRISTINA MACNEIL

Canopy Review

Reviewed 2019-02-22

Time tracking, client management, & notice and letter templates

Deepti Pendharkar

Great software for your tax needs!

Reviewed 2019-01-08

Great! I love it so far

Moira Burnham

Canopy Review

Reviewed 2019-04-15

Canopy is a great tax utility for small businesses, it has all of the features that are needed and all of the documents required. Canopy makes organizing tax information with each client easy and all of it is in one place. Canopy promises quite a bit of new features as they update the software.

Jeffrey A Cattani

Outstanding

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2019-02-15

Such a great company with outstanding services and products! They also offer great education webinars of their company's product.

Victoria Daines

price is great for transcripts

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-08-01

very good reports make things very easy to read and to interpret. this software saves a lot of work

Christina Fiebeck

Gone with the hour long phone calls to the IRS

Reviewed 2017-11-07

Ease of retrieval of transcripts from the IRS.

EMERY SHEER

Product not yet ready for production.

Reviewed 2018-12-29

I was told I could cancel within 30 days and get back my initial deposit. I sent a written cancellation in 20 days and told I would get a phone call. No one to speak to in customer service and I just received a charge for next months service. I think its a real product but smells like a scam. I just want to cancel and get refunded.

Lauren Johnson

Time Saver

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2018-11-28

The transcript delivery service is so impressive and saves untold hours of work.

Emethia Washington

My experience has been great, able to get answers to questions quickly.

Reviewed 2018-05-10

It's easy to use, and support is available when I needed them. It's a new services that I feels will help grow my business.

Rebecca Neilson

Love this new software app!

Reviewed 2017-12-13

Saving time, money and peace of mind! It does take some time to get everything integrated. But the savings in time and money is well worth it.

Michael Rosen

Canopy has saved me time in ease of use in obtaining IRS transcripts.

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-06-27

Gene Whitacre, CPA, MBA, MSAT

Unreliable

Reviewed 2019-01-14

I will never deal with them again.

Dan Murphy

Terrible. Sold a product that was not nearly as functional as they purported

Reviewed 2018-02-14

Left after 30 days. The sales team is efficient. Not so much the implementation team after the contract is signed.

Lori Goeke

I've only used Canopy Tax for a few months so I haven't used it to its full potential yet

Reviewed 2018-04-01

The ease of uploading and downloading documents. Email sent to notify that client has uploaded files or paid invoice

Canopy is great!

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-09-10

Really great marketing to get people using the software should help the company grow and stay around longer. Growth will help them have better software!

Anonymous

I like the transcripts, but the CRM is overpriced

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-11-27

I think it's great that they offer the transcripts feature for free. It's helped me organize my clients a little bit.

Yung Yung

lovely online function for non designer

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-12-18

If you don t know anything about design. this software could save you