DAVO Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.8/10

Reviews by rating

I am very happy with the ease of how sales tax is escrowed and paid on time to the state.
It's just one more thing that I have not had to worry about the past 4 years.
If they go out of business or just have some software issues, you are stuck with penalties from IRS, and don't have the money to pay for it. Too much risk, especially with their poor customer service.
As a small business owner, building my cash flow was hard. So paying my sales tax every day and having Davos to do it for me I don't count on money that its not ours but the the State.

GG

Gregory G.

We love this product!

We are very happy we switched over to Davo Sales Tax.

Pros

We love the ease of use of this product. Once it’s set up. It does everything automatically. From collecting the sales tax to filing the reports they do it all.

Cons

We have no complaints about this product.

Thank you so much for the review!

LS

Lakita S.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

Set it and forget it!

Pros

Prior to DAVO SALES TAX I struggled with remembering to pay sales tax monthly and had actually gotten behind a few times. The fact that I no longer have to manage sales tax and can now focus on other important aspects of my business makes my life so much easier. The Davo team is also very friendly and helpful.

Cons

I have had no issues with this software.

Thank you so much for the review! Glad we could help. Keep up the good work!

MP

Maribel P.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Customer Service is poor but they are very efficient at taking your money

Customer Service is terrible! They don't want to help until they get your bank info on your profile. I expected to review the app during the free period. I set up my profile, including the bank info. That is the first question. The second question, you get an error. You can’t get past a simple state question. I called several times, chatted several times, and kept getting the run around. Offering to...

Pros

Did not get a chance to browse the app during the free trial period. The dashboard looked good, it's how I found out they were taking my money before completing my profile or even checking out their services.

Cons

Security and permission are a problem. Permission to take your money is hidden, but I still haven't found it. Security is lost when they have access to take your money from the bank without even fully completing the set ups. Their model is to take your sales tax money every day, even during trial one month free. You don't pay sales tax until the end of the quarter (3 months!) It does not make sense...

We are sorry to hear about your experience, Maribel. Our team strives to deliver the best experience for our customers all around - both in app and with our customer service team. It sounds like you are working directly with Ryanne and we know you are in the very best hands. Thank you for your feedback and time.

GM

Greg M.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

A must for business owners!

My overall experience is positive and I may have them auto debit another amount for an expensive piece of equipment I may purchase later this year. By doing so with Davo, the small baby steps of debits will add up and when I am ready to purchase this equipment, I will have the piece of mind that the funds are there and will not have to finance the purchase. I also thought about having them pay the monthly rent for my building, yet another benefit with Davo.

Pros

This software gives me the time to focus my efforts on building my business and never have to worry about finding the cash to filing my state and local monthly sales tax. The state filing forms are complex, boring, and something I was always late on doing, yet alone finding the cash when it is do. Davo takes that whole responsibility from me and I never have to worry about it. I receive an email notification when the filing is complete for that month. They auto debit daily increments of money for the sales tax that we collect and at the end of the month they file, always on-time and correct. It's just one more thing that I have not had to worry about the past 4 years.

Cons

There really is nothing negative about this software.

Thank you so much for the really kind words. We are so glad we can help!

TP

Todd P.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Let DAVO do the work!

An overall great service that has totally taken over our sales tax collection and filing.

Pros

Before using DAVO, we never earned the discounts; and we would have late fees from time to time. The system is so seemless, we think everyone should use it. The time saved by not having to file monthly reports more than pays for the service.

Cons

We've actually not had any issues with DAVO or the service they provide.

Thank you so much! So glad we could help and that you are getting all those discounts you deserve.

MB

Maureen B.

Life saver!

I had never owned a Restaurant before, so I was not aware we had to pay sales tax, silly I know, but life is a learning experience. DAVA saved the day, and I have had no worries since the day I signed up

Pros

I never had to worry about paying enough tax or figuring it wrong, DAVO did it all for me and has kept me compliant for the last 2 years. I would suggest this software to any new (or old ) business owner.

Cons

I have no complaints about this software

Thank you so much! Glad we are able to help.

LB

Lee B.

Love this software

Sales Tax

Pros

This software is great. I like the fact that it takes my sales tax every night, pays it for me and then sends me notification that it was paid. Can't get much easier then that.

Cons

I wish I could give negatives but this software has been a god scent.

Thank you! So glad we could help.

AC

Alessandra C.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Easiest way to keep safe

Pros

I don't have to worry about reporting my sales tax.

Cons

The price. I would prefer to pay a little bit less.

Thank you so much for the review.

AL

ANDREW L.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

DAVO ROCKS!!

MY OVERALL EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN GREAT. THANKS SO MUCH, DAVO!

Pros

I LOVE HOW EASY THIS SOFTWARE WAS TO SET UP AND HOW EASY IT IS TO MAINTAIN.

Cons

THERE IS REALLY NOTHING ABOUT THE SOFTWARE THAT I DONOT LIKE.

Thank you so much, Andrew!

JW

Josh W.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Davos

Very Happy

Pros

Cons

I am very happy with all aspects of this product.

Thank you so much, Josh!

MK

Mary Kaye P.

No surprises

Customer service is great too.

Pros

I love ❤️ that I don’t have to worry about scraping my tax money up monthly. Just automatically sent to the state every month and paid!!!

Cons

I have 2 registers and get charged 2 times for the same account

Thank you for the review! That is very helpful.

CS

Cynthia S.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Very easy to report sales tax

Very positive experience.

Pros

Just connected through square and all my taxes were reported on time. The one time it wasn't, they fixed it and covered the fees! Great customer service

Cons

The cost was a little high for such a small business but you pay for convenience and being on time for sales tax.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, Cynthia. We're happy to hear that DAVO is working well for you and that our stellar team has been taking care of you when you need help. We hope you continue to realize the value of DAVO. Thank you for trusting us with your sales tax!

PW

Paul W.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

Davos

Easley to use and great service. Never a problem.

Pros

Super easy to use. Takes away one of the biggest worries. Set it up or spend hours taking care of taxes.

Cons

Nothing is missing. Easy and functional.

Thank you, Paul! So glad to hear this takes a big hassle off your plate!

SP

Stephen P.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Overall Money Saver

I no longer incur additional late fees from the State.

Pros

Before I got this product, I was constantly late on my sales taxes. This is totally worth the effort if you are not disciplined in this area of your accounting.

Cons

I'm charged during months I don't have any tax. I have a seasonal business.

Thank you so much for the review! That is really helpful.

DT

David T.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Help me when I needed the most

Winters are tough to come up with monthly tax money. Davo takes the worry and challenge to meet my monthly goals.

Pros

Daily withdrawals of taxes owed. Monthly state reporting. Great customer services. Accurate and dependable. Great value

Cons

Does it all I have no cons on this service.

Thank you for the review. Really glad we could help.

CM

Cristina M.

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Recomendable

Eficaz y funciones ágiles

Pros

Lo que más me gustó es su eficacia y rapidez

Cons

Tal vez un programa de tutorial para gente inexpertas

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Thank you for the feedback! We are working on a webinar for new customers. If you ever have questions and need help, you can also schedule a meeting with our team and they can walk you through whatever you need help with. https://www.davosalestax.com/schedule-support-call/