Plooto Logo

Plooto

The fastest way to manage your business payments

Plooto Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.16/10

Reviews by rating

The integration with QBO is fantastic. The ability to have send cheques as an option is also great when certain suppliers are still holding out on accepting EFTs.
I love the functionality of being able to process payroll to my team. The ease of that as opposed to sending checks is great.
I have had a great experience with Plooto, it is very easy to use and it is great you can set up bill approvals as this is a must with some clients.
It should be $600 Candian regardless of what the conversions are. You do this on payables but not receivables which is aggravating.
Customer service has been a struggle for us. It is hard to get in touch with someone when we have questions or concerns.
I have been struggling to get the PAD setup for my customers and find it hard to not have access to telephone customer support.

Jacky W.

Managing Director - Bookkeeping

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Plooto is great for the needs of small businesses

Transcript

Jacky W.: Hi, my name is Jacky. I'm the co-owner of a bookkeeping practice. For Plooto, I would rate...

LD

Luke D.

Owner

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

I saved hours of work and thousands of dollars using plooto

Transcript

Luke: Hey, my name is Luke. I'm the owner of a fitness club in the health and fitness industry, and I...

Keri H.

Warehousing, 1-10 employees

Plooto as 3rd Party ACH Provider

My overall experience has been great. Customer service is timely and helpful. This software has saved me countless hours of which I don't have to spare!

Pros

The integration with Quickbooks Online is simple and makes my A/R seamless. I love that my clients set up an ACH agreement one time and moving forward I request and process my A/R with a click of a button. I can also select which account I want the deposit to go to. Data is easy to download for reconciliation purposes as well.

Cons

I would like to see a default bank account option so I don't have to select a bank account for each transaction. I would also love for the deposit times to improve.

AB

Alexandra B.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Overall a good option to manage Payables and Receivables

Pros

Plooto is a user friendly software, easy to use and convenient. I was able to sync with QuickBooks, which makes the process even easier.

Cons

There are some functions that could be added/improved in the reporting area and external user experience.

CM

Chris M.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

Honest

Was over all good except for the issues one the setup was a little cumbersome and the length of time to receive payment was way too long

Pros

The collection of data was seamless and the prompting and follow up on invoices was a good option

Cons

The length of time to process payment .This is excessively longer than other applications

JK

Judah K.

Used other for 2+ years

It's alright, the integration with Xero is a bit iffy.

It's alright. Not great. Not bad. Nothing to write home about.

Pros

It's affordability and versatility. The ability to have people on ACH subscriptions is a large plus

Cons

No option to accept credit cards. The rigidness of the PAD form and not allowing us access to the PAD form in the event that we want to move to a different platform. Not easy to add new vendors without adding an inconvenience to them.

DM

Daianne M.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Provide feedback regarding my experience with Plooto as an administrator

As a user who greatly values the convenience and simplicity that Plooto offers, I wanted to provide this feedback so that you may consider optimizing the system's efficiency in transmitting payments. This, I believe, will not only improve the satisfaction levels of account holders like myself but also help solidify Plooto's reputation as a reliable and efficient platform for rental payment management.

Pros

I want to express my appreciation for the user-friendly interface of the platform. Both as a lessee and as a landlord, we find the system easy to navigate, and it greatly simplified the process of managing rental payments. The straightforward design and clear instructions made it simple for me to set up and use the platform effectively.

Cons

However, I would like to bring to your attention a small concern regarding the speed of remitting payments to the account holder. While Plooto has proven to be efficient in terms of the overall process, I have noticed that there is room for improvement in this particular aspect. On a few occasions, there has been a slight delay in receiving payments in our account. While this delay has not caused any significant inconvenience, I believe that enhancing the speed of payment remittance would further enhance the overall user experience.Hope you can also provide a shareable tutorial as well that can easily be accessed by contacts on how they can set up their personal profiles/accounts, similar to what you provide to enterprises like ours.

Ron W.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Plooto review

None of my clients use cheques and rarely any other mode of payment. Plooto could improve the approval process, however.

Pros

Plooto synchronizes with QBO pulling in all unpaid bills. Paying suppliers is done simply by ticking the unpaid items particularly if you have set up the supplier in Plooto with their banking information. If not available an e-transfer can be made or Plooto will solicit this detail from the supplier for you. Collecting outstanding receivables in QBO also works very nicely although some clients are suspicious of the solicitation. USD payments and rapid payments are also available if Plooto is prefunded, otherwise a fee is applied.

Cons

The payment interface with QBO was not well thought out. The first step initiates a payment and a designated approver will then have to approve the payment. Plooto immediately marks the bill as paid in QBO. The approver often delays in approving payment due to cash flows or disagreement. Running a balance sheet or payables listing in QBO is misleading since items have been removed as 'paid'. Putting...

VR

Vickey R.

Great Value and Dependable

Like I said...I am saving over $100 per month in processing fees since I switched to Plooto and once I got past the "set up" stage. I really love Plooto and am wishing I had set it up years ago, but I think they should let us that have "official" PAD agreements ...set up the reoccurring payments like QB Payments did =( Making that reoccurring payment set up...a lot more simpler would make Plooto just about perfect =)

Pros

I LOVE the lower processing fees!!! I'm saving over a $100 a month by using Plooto. Once it is set up, the reoccurring payments is awesome. Their customer service was good too. Overall Plooto is an awesome addition to my business and one that I wish I had implemented YEARS ago! Great value for the monthly fee and so far...it has been very dependable in collecting my accounts receivable.

Cons

It was a lot harder to set up than I thought it would be =( My clients had to jump thru a lot of hoops to get the reoccurring payments set up and some were not happy about it =( I had PAD agreements for all of my clients, but Plooto does not accept those. So I have several clients that I cannot process their payments in Plooto even tho I have a PAD agreement with them and they have already given me their payment information ...but they haven't repeated the same process in Plooto ...so my PAD agreements are worthless now=(

KH

Kelly H.

Philanthropy, 1-10 employees

Fast & easy to use!

I love this product. The chat help is fast and efficient. I no longer need to drive all over town getting multiple signatures on cheques. I can issue payments within seconds.

Pros

Plooto was easy to set up and begin using. The platform is very simple and saves time!

Cons

I can't say there is anything I don't like about Plooto.

Motion Pictures and Film, 11-50 employees

Plooto is an excellent product

convenience of authorizing payments remotely

Pros

Integrates well with QB online. Easy to use. Convenient. Efficient. Time saver.

Cons

there is no payroll integration which slows down the payment and reconciliation process considerably. Please add this feature to QB online

Helina P.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Awesome AP/AR app that saves time and money.

Cash in my bank faster. Cheaper bill payments.

Pros

Plooto saves me and my clients so much time is chasing invoice payments and mailing cheques for bill payments. The integrations with accounting softwares make it easy to manage vendor payments and mark them as paid. The pre-authorised debits make it easy to collect recurring invoice payments.

Cons

I'd like to see the time gap from invoice payment to cash in my bank and bill payment to cash in my vendor's bank shortened.

LD

Luke D.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

I saved hours of work and thousands of dollars using plooto

Overall I'm very happy with Plooto, will continue to use it and encourage other business to use it.

Pros

It's way cheaper than credit card fees and saves time over cashing cheques.

Cons

Some payment changes can take a little longer than I feel they should. I tried to cancel a payment that was to be debited later that day. It still went through because it was too short notice.

ZK

Zak K.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Turnkey, easy to use accounts payable solution

It's been a tent pole product for us as part of our finance activities. Highly recommend to any organization with daily payment needs.

Pros

Plooto makes it very easy to pay suppliers and vendors. If you can get your bills from Xero or your accounting software, its just a couple of clicks away to create payments. The additional approval workflow features are great for scaling up and delegating Accounts Payable and setting limits on payment types. Plooto Instant is also a very handy solution for last minute payment needs, we always keep funds there for our staff.

Cons

A better/more open API so we could programmatically create new payment contacts or set Email Transfer passwords, but honestly that's nit-picking. The functionality provided is more than enough for 99% of businesses.

JB

Jennifer B.

My reliable assistant

I have found the software to be reliable and easy to use. But more importantly, I have found the support team to be responsive and genuinely interested in solving problems.

Pros

Plooto is my AR/AP support system. It does the work as expected, when expected and in my business, reliability is a top quality. I couldn't imagine running my business without Plooto on my team.

Cons

I have requested the platform be modified to be more accessible so that my sight impaired customers can benefit from the value Plooto can offer.

MC

Matthew C.

Plooto Review

While not perfect, Plooto has been great for us to help clients manage their A/P at scale at fees that are lower than the banks charge.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use, integrates with our accounting system, and allows us to manage A/P for clients at scale without using cheques.

Cons

The 4-day turnaround time to settle payments is the biggest pain-point. The new fixed-fee monthly pricing model is inconsistent with how users are actually transacting on the platform, the previous model was much easier to explain to clients. Customer service is a bit slow and we've been charged incorrectly multiple times, which takes them several weeks to resolve for each one.

JC

Jennifer C.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Best range of options from existing software providers

Currently we are having issues with cheques not showing as being deposited for the last few months however the support team is trying to resolve this issue. Other than this, Plooto offers a lot of functionality that does improve the ease of processing AP.

Pros

It connects to QBO and allows easy reconciliations as well as automatic set up of payments which is very helpful. Allows set up of recurring payments and recurring deposits easily

Cons

A report that includes cheque numbers would be very helpful for tracking payments. It would also be helpful if, when vendor names are not exact matches, it allowed the user to select from existing vendors set up.

KM

Ken M.

Loved the product until last week when we lost 30K because of PLooto system bug!

Pros

1-Easy to use 2- Dashboards are great 3- Cost is on point 4- Set up was easy Overall has such potential to be a leader in this space, however, read cons!

Cons

1-Security 2- Customer services/Success 3- Accountability when errors are made- Last week you guys seemed to have a system bug the resulted in your system double paying involves totalling 30K. This is a huge red flag for us on the controls and security of your platform. When we contacted you guys we were given no explanation and no solution. Just told to ask vendors for credit notes and this...

DS

Diana S.

Plooto Bill Payments

Relatively good, but as I said earlier, reconciling is a nightmare, there is no real way to see what is happening in the back end.

Pros

I really like that I can set up approval tiers, I also appreciate that once it is set up it is relatively easy for my clients to use.

Cons

The reporting features are pretty much non existent and reconciling can be a nightmare if using Plooto Instant especially with my high volume clients. I also don't think that you should charge a subscription fee, especially if the client is doing high volumes as some of my clients do. There is also no partner program or incentives for accounting professionals who recommend and implement it to our clients.

EB

Edgar B.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Convenient but limited functionality

The product is straightforward to use but I wish that customer service was more responsive and clearer. Looking forward to knowing the limits and future features of the product better.

Pros

It is very useful to facilitate cross border payments, the pre-loading for funds to accelerate payments is appreciated. The ability to automate regular payments and populate a transaction is high.

Cons

The cross border receivables are extremely limited, the amount is too low to collect receivables across the border. I would like better communication as to what my options are and how to pre-qualify different vendors.

DC

Dimitri C.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

SP North America Feedback

Pros

Its easy to use and by passes the limitations via the big 5 banks.

Cons

It would be great if we could implement this software via e-commerce with plugins. Finally, the credit card feature with an actual refund option.

CB

Charlie B.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Good value until the pricing model was changed

We would have continued as a customer however the change in pricing model drove us to change

Pros

It was easy to use for the payer and payee

Cons

The company changed the pricing model without notice. It was no longer a good value

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Wow... awesome payment service

Pros

Absolutely love the way Plooto integrates with QuickBooks online. It pulls in the bills to be paid, and you review and send them out... and it allows for multiple signers to approve the payments.

Cons

The issue I like least is that they don't offer a cheque... there are a few.. less than 1% of our bills, that we need a cheque for. I so dislike manual cheques, chasing signers... I need Plooto to send out a cheque on our behalf occassionally.

JA

Jay A.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

From my experiences

Generally good but customer service really needs work. I had a failed transfer attempt and it took well over a month and multiple emails to get my money put back in my account.

Pros

It's really easy to use and save me a ton of headaches. No messing around with wires. Payments go direct to accounts so little delay.

Cons

The account balances should be on the landing page. The first thing I want to know is how much is there Interesting that you ask about financial reporting and reconciliation. It is terrible. Really hard to reconcile the accounts. You should have something more like a bank statement. The info that can be downloaded is really convaluted. Really frustrating. I have recommended Plooto quite a few times but I always say "be warned, the reconciliation process is basically non-existent"

LM

Lynn M.

Accounting, self-employed

Fairly good. I would recommend it.

Pros

The integration with QuickBooks Online is good - it is current and shows me bills have be paid that same day as the order goes in. I

Cons

Missing bill payments. Missing an integration to show that my recurring monthly Receivable payments are paid in QBO.

SG

Susan G.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Plooto is critical to our business

Plooto made our transition to working from an office to home during the pandemic seamless. We went from an organization that made the majority of our payments by cheque (requiring dual signatures) to online using Plooto in about a week. I don't know how we would have paid our bills without it.

Pros

Plooto was so easy to set up, and it's auto connection to our accounting software was seamless.

Cons

We make quite a few payments to the USA, and I would like to see the cost on those come down. The price on Canadian payments is very reasonable.

SB

Scott B.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Great Fintech solution for AP/AR

Team has been responsive and platform is a simple to use and saves time . Allows us to focus on what we need to do to run our business.

Pros

AP was seamless in implementing CDN/US. Loved the integration to Quickbooks online and iit worked perfectly.

Cons

Multi-currency on US receivables. Product worked perfectly in Canada but US setup for AR has been challenging. It worked on some accounts but various requirements on ACH, wires , currency reconciliation all make it tough. Although most other solutions have same issues.