Square Point of Sale Reviews

4.7/5 (576 reviews)

Joseph Castaneda

Own a business? You NEED this product!

Reviewed 2018-10-23

If you're a business owner and you sell products or services, especially if you have multiple sites and/or have a mobile sales force, this product is a must. The access is easy, the interface is friendly, and the payment system is quick.EASY to set up and use! In short time, we were able to set up our entire library online and make it simple to purchase and sell products. Once set up, everything is available to every member of team, so that one of our book sellers in California has access to the same products as a book seller in Michigan the moment the product is placed online. I also love that we can easily create multiple price points for products and can easily access them from the apps on various mobile devices, desktops etc... The percentages paid to Square are as small as any other you will find, and they deposit funds into your bank account within 24-hours, with same-day options available for an extra, nominal fee. The no hassle, ease-of-deposit, process is a MUST for our small business. Customer service has been off the charts good, and every small issue has been resolved quickly. I also love that so many web sites integrate with Square so that we can maintain one payment portal for 99% of what we do. The technology (swipe devices, Point of Sale stands, card tappers/reader...work flawlessly with each and every device we've thrown at them (iPhones, iPads, Android, laptop...) and they look good, too.

Melody Enghofer

Excellent as a cash register for small businesses

Reviewed 2018-10-29

At the ice cream parlor I work at, the register is programmed with all of the items we sell. You can program buttons to create discounts either by a percentage of the sale or with a flat dollar amount. This program tracks sales by day and by product sold. We have used this for probably 2 years now and it allows us to track sales from the years past to see what the trends are. For example, how busy were we last Mother's Day or when to our sales start dropping as we head into/winter fall. This allows us to make informed decisions on how much staffing we need and what hours to keep our business open for. We can also see how well certain items are selling. So when we introduce new items it allows us to see if they are selling well and gives us insight as to how we need to market for our business. This replaced a simple cash register that we used to have, but it is so much more than a cash register with all of the information you can track and use to make decisions for your business. This is an easily programmable software that can be used to create a point of sale register. I work at a coffee/ice cream parlor and we use the software for our register, and it stores our sales information and has been very helpful in marketing and determining what products have been selling well or poorly

Celeste Green

Highly recommended!

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-09-07

I love Square! We've used it for years and will continue to use it at our events. Square is easy to use and very reliable. I love that I can send out user codes to volunteers at our fundraising events and not worry about sharing a main login in order to have multiple people collecting money for our organization. We use Square at all of our fundraising events and it is very reliable. It is also very easy to train a new person on how to use the Square app and reader, which is very important at events when I have volunteers who've never used Square before. The dashboard is easy to navigate and the reports are easy to read. Square's fees are very reasonable and they are very good about providing Square reader devices for point of sale transaction.

Guthrie Straw

Great, but getting less so

Reviewed 2017-02-22

We've been with Square since about 2011, and have seen a lot of changes take place over that time. Square is still easily one of the best solutions out there for small businesses that want to pay when they profit, instead of draining out to a merchant account or such, however recently it's also seen a trend towards "Form over Function" which is a bit troubling considering that it's sole focus should be ease of use by businesses for the purpose of minimizing overhead and increasing revenue. Free app, pay when you make a sale, reliability is decent, don't have to purchase your own hardware. Still a strong contender despite it's more recent frustrations.

Rick Rutledge

New SQUARE Dedicated POS system is great -- Just needs expansion modules

Reviewed 2018-05-06

I can look at reporting from my house, most other POS systems don't allow for that. I can also add to and take from my inventory and item list, I don't have to be tied to my facility to make it work. It's simple to setup, simple to use and most importantly -- simple to train. It's so intuitive that the staff took to it in less than 5 minutes of training. Also, because their dedicated POS system "Square Register" is purpose built, we are able to use iphones and ipads to do tableside ordering which makes the workflow and throughput of the bar stools that much faster.

Cory Page

No Better Tool for Small Businesses or Artists

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-08-22

When I worked on commission as an artist, mostly scraping by a living by selling my wares at conventions or craft shows, Square was the single best companion I had. Not only was I cleared to take every type of credit card imaginable, which was amazing, but the customizability of the POS interface was stellar. I could prompt my customers to tip. I could quickly and easily change prices on my inventory, add buttons or lists of inventory, and re-organize my UI at the drop of a hat. I didn't even bother reading the instructions; I figured all this out on my own, through experimentation. Square POS makes the best use of a tablet's inherent intuitive design. Can you tap a screen? You can use Square. Besides using it for my own side business, I've also worked for several small businesses (<30 employees) who used Square POS. Restaurants, convenience stores, tattoo studies, ice cream parlors - if you're selling something, Square POS can make your life simpler.

Altrina Taylor

Square

Reviewed 2018-09-17

Overall I like square and would recommend Square makes it so easy for us to complete a point of sale order. A patient that comes in and wants to buy something in our showroom can choose what they want to purchase we have all our products (non serialized only) loaded in the square so it’s makes checkout quockc& easy. At month end we print out our square sales and add the square transaction into out practice management software. This so so successful that last month we ordered square registers for our additional 10 locations as we were only using it previously in our corporate office/store. All of our delivery personal also have square readers on there phones which allows them collects payments while at patients home.

Anonymous

Selling goods? Square POS is for you! Fast, easy, and uncomplicated.

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-04-20

I am a freelance business, so whenever clients want to pay with credit card, I have Square as one my options. I also use an invoicing software that takes credit cards as well as an online website that run through a different system. Square was the first system I used when I first started out and it's a solid system, but I've found better alternatives throughout the years though I still use it occasionally. It's great for quick sales that don't require an invoice. Pros Quick POS capabilities Ability to charge a "tax" that will essentially pass on credit card fees to the customer Immediately emails receipt to customer so that I don't have to worry about it Square is great for goods, while I would recommend Wave for services. It's more robust and you can pull lots of different reports related to accounting through Wave. The one thing about Square that does have Wave beat is the ability to add a "tax" that essentially passes on credit card processing fees to the customer. It's easy to do on Square, while in Wave I have to manually calculate the percentage and add it as another item. Square also is portable and quick and you don't have to create an invoice for it if you don't need one, so that's also a plus.

Anonymous

Using Square Point of Sale to take and track purchases is extremely quick and easy

Reviewed 2018-07-20

Charging someone through a credit or debit card has never been easier than it has been with Square Point of Sale. It's extremely easy to manually put in the price you want to charge someone, or you can set pre-determined prices on a page, just in case you charge the same for products and services and want to save some time. You can also check all of your transactions on a separate page, which helps when you want to check how much you've made in the past couple of days, all the way up to when you started using Square Point of Sale for your business.

Daniel Morris

Never Have To Pass Up A Sale

Reviewed 2018-10-23

10 out of a 10 for me! Convenient, quick, affordable and one of my greatest food truck weapons! Never lose a sale again with this brilliant device.This little square wonder gadget allows me to never lose a sale on my foodtruck. Before the Square came out, I could only take cash. A manual credit card swipe took to long and receipts would always get wet or lost. Simply plug square in my phone, swipe cảd, and quick sugnature and the funds go right into my bank account. Even better, thêre is a tip option thát already had tip pêrcentages calculated. One of my greatest assets on my food truck!

Jessica Cruz

I dont know why it took me so long to try!

Reviewed 2018-03-14

It gave my business a really nice boost in revenue that i didn't realize i was loosing all along.So the first thing about this POS system is that it so user friendly and easy to use! When I first though about using a POS system I was worried about having to learn about accounting and such, (Was cash only) and it was so straight forward as far as the fees . There was no hard intimidating arithmetic involved in the process, that for whatever reason I expected.... So this has been great to help INCREASE sales because well most pepole these days dont carry cash, so vendors need to get with the times. I also like it includes tipping, and sending them and email so that helps build your emailing list up too. so lots of pros here, Also to I find the Square system super pretty!

Andrew McCole

I think Square beats all of its competitors due to its simplicity and fast deposits.

Reviewed 2018-07-10

This platform has competitive fees, and is easy to use. I mostly use the little square swiper from my phone. The money received is always deposited quickly into my bank, and I can pay a little to have it accelerated further if I choose. The company made it easy for me to take FHA payments with a minor application procedure. On the computer, it is easy to send custom invoices to people, and easy to follow them up. I see no reason to use any other software to take payment from clients, in person or remotely.

Anonymous

Use square if you're not a square

Reviewed 2018-08-29

Square to me is one of the more popular POS systems. Turns any iPad (or phone) into a point of sale tool. The screens are easily customizable, easy to use when we had seasonal selections or special discounts. I also really like that square keeps a record of what customers have used square in the past and will offer to email / text them their receipt. Easy to use for when looking up past orders and gives you analytics for how much you've sold hourly today vs last week. Lots of neat tools to explore how much you're selling / making. And there's a function to track your customers visits and give them freebies! And with an attachment, if your internet goes down, you can transform your phone into a POS tool.

Charlene Wilson

Square makes mobile processing super easy!

Reviewed 2017-12-07

The easy functionality of each component that Square offers. The reports that Square generates are easy to interpret from a perspective of integrating into accounting/bookkeeping software. The fast turn around with deposits is really excellent as is the actual equipment, everything is so streamlined and easy to use whether we are inside our storefront or in the community using Square for offsite client payments.

Anonymous

I would never switch to another POS/merchant processor

Reviewed 2018-08-21

Our merchant processing costs are significantly lower. If you have a small budget , this is better than traditional merchant processors.I love that it is intuitive. Everything is drag and drop. I rarely need help, but when I do, answers are easy to find. I've only seen them crash once in 4+ years and their team was extremely responsive.

Jess McCarter

Great simple POS for small shops

Reviewed 2018-03-07

Square POS enabled us to add a POS to replace our old cash register for the minimum expense. Much more affordable than competing products but also has far fewer features and poor support for tip handling.Very easy to setup Affordable processing Good invoicing system Very easy to customize Simple Pretty design makes it easy to use all day

JD Calkin

Reviewed 2018-10-06

We use two accounts. One is exclusively for our coffee shop ministry. It is easy to run and works every time. We have the square stand and the wireless chip reader. It has made our coffee shop line move quicker and allows our volunteers to focus on the customer not the credit card process. Our second account is used to resister people for events as well as sell merchandise. We use the portable swipe devices for this and the mobility reall makes it convenient. Square takes a their cut so you have to build that into prices but we’ve found that the ease of use and convenience are worth it.We have two accounts and use this for a donation based Coffee shop at our church and other ministry events. It is run by volunteers and works flawlessly. Square Point of Sale is easy to use, quick, training is minimal, and it takes all the hassle out of credit card purchases.

Anonymous

Square POS helped me start my photography business

Reviewed 2018-10-04

I used Square to take on site payments to ensure I was paid on time and not have to wait to take payment. I also use it to manage my inventory and issue gift cards.I like that Square POS is easy to use and I could build out an inventory list. I like that I can take payments anywhere I would take photos and I can manage my books on the go. The ability to add additional user came in handy when setting up to take photos at military balls and prom so I could take pictures and have someone man the sales table.

Anonymous

Most recognizable, easy to use, and convenient for field sales.

Reviewed 2018-07-18

Our technicians use Square in the field and on-the-go. It is easily recognizable as a credible payment processing service to our customers and sending receipts is incredibly simple, especially if the customer has used Square before with any other transaction. Note-taking, history, and refunds are all very user-friendly and there is nearly no on-boarding/training process necessary for new employees.

Krystal Shipley

It gets the job done, but the system could be better.

Reviewed 2018-03-08

I like that I am able to add pictures of my items for easy visual location in the system. It is easy to add items and remove them.

Daniel Feodoroff

Great POS system for a great price

Reviewed 2017-01-07

Square is a great app with amazing features. It has a clean interface which helps a lot. When introducing Square to one of my clients they loved how easy it was to use the app with adding items to adding and rearranging items on the POS screen. The easy to use interface was great for them as they are older and they don't really understand technology but now they are waiting tables with their iPhones. They love using the Square Referral program to get free processing with their friends which make the experience a lot better. The cost of Square is also amazing with no monthly fees and the payment terminal. It's an amazing alternative to the banks. The only draw back is they haven't released Square Loyalty and Square Gift Cards in Australia so it is lacking some of the most important things a business needs to grow but they promise me that we should see some progress by the end of 2017. Easy to use Great for all businesses Connects to Bluetooth recipt printers

SQUARE FOR THE WIN

Reviewed 2018-10-12

I loved square. We moved into quickbooks with invoices to help with tax season but I did love the ease and use of this product. Being able to take cards on the spot and track invoices was a huge help. I used it for four years and it did get better every year. Worth the money.

Jennifer Kostowniak

Great Point of Sale Tool

Reviewed 2018-09-26

Easy to set up products and users. We liked it so much in our Corporate location we just rolled it out to our 11 Branch locations!With Square Register we have the ability to easily and quickly move our customers that are buying itmes not covered by their insurance, through our showroom with out waiting for the Computer Driven Software we need to use when customers are getting items that will bill through insurance

Roxy ..

Great for start ups, pop ups and all Entrepreneurs

Reviewed 2018-02-19

I like its sleek design and ease of use. It was super easy for me a newbie to learn how to use this in less than 3 min. its great because you can tie in you inventory, add pictures. (which sounds stupid but is great for marketing/getting repeat business) . I love the tip option at the end. Their cost is pretty low, compared to other POS systems out there that require all kinds of other grab. Again the easy of use and the visual appealing-ness of square are what have kept me using it. i have tired a couple others because you never know if the grass is greener on the other side! but i keep coming back to square pos and its what i recommend to everyone .

Michelle Doetsch

Without Square my business of one couldn't afford to take credit cards

Reviewed 2018-05-13

With Square it's easy and affordable for a small business to take credit cards and contactless forms of payment such as Apple and Google. As a healthcare provider, I can also take FSA and HSA cards. They're brilliant for having an offline mode of taking payments for when their servers or my wifi are down.