ZipBooks Reviews - Page 2

Indispensable tool for managing the books of a small to medium business

At tax time, my job is significantly easier!

Pros

ZipBooks makes tax time easy - in the past I struggled to gather all the information needed to file taxes for our small business - after using ZipBooks for the last year, taxes are a breeze and I no longer dread the day(s) spent preparing my tax returns.

Cons

I wish there was a little more on the free tier - they do a lot to make you buy a subscription, which is an understandable business model, but sometimes I wish things like syncing a bank account more than once a day (especially if you have to change your password on the banking website) were included in the free tier.

Was GREAT, Recently VERY DISAPPOINTED

Easy to use, you just cant get your money

Pros

Easy to use, no frills, perfect for small business. Makes the daily chore of bookkeeping fairly easy.

Cons

CAN"T GET YOUR PAYMENTS!!! this is the second time that my payments are not posting to my account. Customer service is responsive, but point the finger at their processor. that does not get me paid. My customers orders have been delayed because of a ZIPBOOKS issue. I have been waiting for my payments to be released for now in 12 days. This is completely unacceptable. They used to be completely free now they want you to upgrade and pay a monthly fee to use the advanced services, but suddenly can't process payments in a timely manner, or in my case at all. Just something to think about before you start using this service. If you NEED to get paid, might want to find another service.

Good if you can connect to your bank!

I connected with their customer support and they were willing to try to resolve the issue but they were not sure if they could work with the .bank website connection. Very disappointed as I had spent so much time with the software. I could have done manual reconciliation, but I was doing that before the software! That's why I got the software! If it works for you, it is basic and very functional. Sad it did not work out.

Pros

It is easy to use and pretty intuitive. Not too difficult to learn and deploy. Was impressed that was able to get up and running quickly with little accounting background!

Cons

My bank had gone through a change where they went from a .com to a .bank and I was not able to change the bank information for automatic reconciliation.

Trial did not inspire a buy

None. We used it for a few months when shopping around for the right program, decided "this ain't it", and moved on.

Pros

I do like the user interface of Zipbooks. Some parts of it are certainly easier and more intuitive than QuickBooks, which we ended up going with in the end. The whole thing feels pretty streamlined. I also appreciated the customer support team. Even though I was just on a free trial I did get prompt assistance whenever I asked for it.

Cons

Overall, it just feels like an "also ran", watered down version of it's main competition - QuickBooks. I was only on the free version, so that may change when paying to unlock other features. Furthermore, I hated that when I wanted to export my information to put it into QuickBooks, no such option was available to me. If I understand right there is no way to export data, which is ridiculous. It may be that I'm misremembering and it's just not possible to export without paying, which would also be a problem.

Intuitive time tracking product that makes billing tracking a basic process

Pros

Nice UI, very easy to use and teach new team members how to track their time per projects. Makes a simple process (project time tracking) a simple task for team members to achieve per week.

Cons

The mobile applications can use some work. The iOS application is pretty buggy, but accessed through the web, it is pretty flawless.

Use this app frequently to pass time and to get a nice read!

Pros

Great app! They provide the best reads of the day, week and month. Working in NYC , very convenient to walk into a Barnes n Nobles and get a quick peak of today's best read.

Cons

Best reads are often repeated. On days I actually want to check out what to read and noticing it before is a turn off.

ZipBooks isn't what it seems

Overall, if you are an individual looking for a cool interface to keep a general ledger, this is a cool system. It's absolutely NOT a system of businesses. As a small business, I simply can't afford spending hours trying to may a paid system work. In this day, software shouldn't need someone holding it's hand. There are better systems out there and well worth the larger cost. Hopefully this can save someone else from headaches. Move on, you'll be glad you skipped this system.

Pros

A beautiful interface with a clean layout gives you the first impression you are in an elegant accounting program. It also gives you step by step guides to connect banks and the progress of your connections. The ai is smart and will often correctly label your transactions.

Cons

The most major problem is, the software doesn't connect correctly to my Credit Union. It would show a balance of 3-4 past transactions, however have ALL the transactions in there. Working with customer service is annoyingly slow. Response times in my experience have been days and I am a paid member. Along with the responses are silly gifs some people may dig, but when you have a problem, it's downright insulting. After customer service realizing I was on an old system, they had it upgraded and wanted me to re-connect my Credit Union. As a result every transaction was gone! So years of balancing my business was vaporized. Thank god I didn't trust their customer service rep and exported everything prior to doing such a poor suggestion.

Powerful freeware! Easy to understand interface. Fairly easy to use. Very satisfied!

Pros

This software connects with your bank account and automatically syncs transactions and auto-categorizes transactions. I've only been using for a few days, but have not had an issue with the auto-categorization of expenses and revenues. Saves a lot of time. I also like the auto-generated financial statements. Goof feature for free software.

Cons

I did have to brush up on some accounting fundamentals to ensure I am recording transactions correctly. It would be nice if they had some tips/descriptions of different types of transactions and how to properly record them. Was able to figure it all out through Google search though.

Zipbook

Pros

It it enormously usable for the stuff I daily face with

Cons

I see almost no problem in this application

Anytime i have an issue (usually me not being very technological) i get a professional solution!

Accountancy in order

Pros

It would be crazy not to appreciate it!!! It is of fundamental help for my work. I can create, edit, send, download an invoice from anywhere in the world with just my phone qnd few clicks. I used to have all invoice scattered everywhere in my personal computer, home computer. Now i have everything with me at all time

Cons

Maybe the renovation is too often so what happens is that you can't keep up with it all the time. This is the only thing

I use for business and personal accounting actually.

Pros

Color coding, clean interface, simple to use so that I actually am able and motivated to keep up with my accounting. Love the option to outsource bookkeeping as I scale. Custom categories are really nice, too. Love ability to add docs to transactions and link transactions to certain clients.

Cons

I don't like that bulk-categorization was removed from free accounts without notice or at least a free trial of the next paid tier account so we could understand whether we should upgrade. I also don't like that there's no cash flow statement at this time under reporting.

Mary, Thanks for the great feedback! We are finalizing the details on providing early ZipBookers exclusive options from free forever to preferred pricing. Regarding the specific feature of bulk categorization, I'll take a look at your account and see why you aren't able to use that. Can you send your account details to help@zipbooks.com? With regards to accessing our cash flow statement, if you set the income statement to "cash basis", you'll be all set! Thanks! Brad

Solid solution with great customer care

I can’t imagine doing my billing without it. It’s easy to use, it has great functionality, and in the rare occasion I have problems, the support team is on point and engaged with a great attitude and ownership of the problem. Excellent job!!

Pros

It’s very easy to use with minimal issues.

Cons

10 day turn around on payment of invoices

I love this user-friendly service!

It makes it easy and fast to get paid--don't we all want that?

Pros

It's easy-to-use and I don't have to read endless tutorials to figure it out. A close second is that it accepts PayPal and credit card payments--my clients love it!

Cons

I think some of the expenses categories are confusing/unnecessary. I would also like to see some customization of expense categories, though this is perhaps something that is offered and I have yet to learn how to do.

Best DIY accounting software

Pros

Zipbooks is the best and easiest accounting software available out there. I know this because I free tried them all. They differentiate themselves bye the ease of use and the app that is above and beyond user-friendly. I have access to all the features that I need even though I'm on the free plan so with the upgrade you can get access to the most powerful features available. I recommend the software strongly to everyone. Paul

Cons

I'm waiting for the Android phone app to be released soon. They are expecting to be released in the beginning of the second quarter of 2018

Responsive Leadership & Support Team

It has saved us so much time and frustration and they are responsive to customer feedback.

Pros

- Simple, Attractive User Interface. Not difficult to learn or teach staff. Easy for customers to interact with. - Shout out to the support staff who has been stellar at listening and resolving issues.

Cons

Growing company always have hiccups but they are always responsive and willing to listen to customers and fix things ASAP

Awesomesauce!

Pros

Clean, simple user interface. Customer support via Chat is extremely responsive - even on holidays - imagine that. Everything I need; invoicing, time tracking, sending custom receipts for checks and cash, simple P&L reports. Love it! I am recommending this service to all of my clients that have a need.

Cons

Maybe it's just me, being a numbers derelict and all, but some of the features (the things you need to do) are not that easy to find. However on the bright side, if you ask a question, you will usually get a fast straight answer.

Zipbooks is a MUST for anyone who is a freelance graphic designer!

Simply, organization for my business and invoicing needs. Excited to demo the time tracking functionality soon too!

Pros

Excellent user interface design and dashboard. Super easy to navigate with a strong attention to the information architecture. Intuitive invoicing software. Amazing customer service!

Cons

5 day waiting period for payments was frustrating at first. Eventually, I was able to learn how to drop this down to a 2 days. Also, some functionality took me a bit to figure out. But customer service was able to answer my questions within a matter of minutes!

No other way to go than ZipBooks - 100% Satisfied!

Bookkeeping service available to me via chat. Wonderful Bookkeepers such as Karin to help me along. Categorization help, ability to have a business report readily available any day. I love this program.

Pros

Extremely easy to use interface. Live chat option with a bookkeeper, preset categorization, help every step of the way, ability to track EVERYTHING about my business.

Cons

No inventory tracking feature. I would love more freedom in setting up my invoices. I need more options because my products vary. Also no intergration with eBay. But I still love the software.

ZipBooks gives me a simple, but powerful alternative to QuickBooks Online, at 1/3 the cost

Pros

The interface is very modern, responsive, and easy to navigate. I moved from QuickBooks to ZipBooks due to a recent price increase, and I haven't looked back. It has most of the features from QuickBooks that I needed, plus I actually enjoy working in ZipBooks because the app just works.

Cons

It could allow a bit more invoice customization, like being able to set a NET-15 / NET-30 on a recurring invoice rather than it being due on receipt. Other than that, it's worked pretty well.

Gamechanger for how I do online coaching/consulting.

Streamlined my invoicing system.

Pros

At the end of this day, this has streamlined how I send invoices and receive payments, without having to think about the software. That's a win for me.

Cons

There are some aspects of the UI that feel a bit bloated and unnecessary. Could be streamlined some.

Great Product

Pros

Our nonprofit was looking for easy to use software for our accounting. Not only is this easy, it is nice to look at too. And all web based means no more downloads on my computer! Linking a bank account was very easy! The mobile apps help as well. Customer service responded in under 12 hours!!!

Cons

They only have an app for IOS, No Android app yet, however I was informed it will be here late summer! (very excited about that)

Simple, intuitive, customer support responds super quick.

Organizes our billing and record keeping and helps us accept payments faster and on a recurring basis.

Pros

Cheap, clean and easy to use. Customer support is wicked fast. I am blown away about how intuitive the software is. Easy to import lists and accept payments. Looks super professional.

Cons

Would like more short video tutorials and fees always seem high, just need to keep building our revenue through this site and that would seem less.

ZipBooks has helped me get organized and look professional. The support is excellent

Pros

ZipBooks is extremely simple to use. It helps with organization of contacts, invoices, drafts, estimates, Billing and it even creates reports. For no cost you can use ZipBooks to get organized and start invoicing clients, even accepting electronic payments and linking bank accounts. The mobile interface is also simple to use and effective, so creating invoices on the go is not a problem.

Cons

This program locked me out of my account and there is no way to gain access to my account

Pros

Doesn't matter what I liked because the bugs in this system outweigh the good now I am loosing money

Cons

The bugs it is really buggy and things happen that cannot be explained

Great for Feedback!

I've used ZipBooks on and off for less than a year for personal and small business.

Pros

I like ZipBooks feedback functionality - the ease of which you can receive reviews, and how it incorporates the most popular social media.

Cons

I don't like that I can't track inventory. I'll need to have, open and use an additional program for inventory and figure out how to incorporate them.