Zoho Books Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.43/10

See full reviews by rating

NB

Nikki B.

To conclude, Zoho Books is easy to understand and its configuration is quick and easy. The automation of the system is great and you save a lot of time.

CB

Cheikh B.

EY

Eric Y.

The payment plans are a little frustrating. The limits are on the number of contacts and as a business with lots of contacts and only one transaction often per contact it gets really expensive.

Verity M.

Bad automatic matching, paypal multi-currency feed all over the place.

KB

Kamron B.

The another problem of this software is that this software is very difficult for the new users and it is not so easy to learn how to handle our accounts and invoices.

Martin D.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise-logocaret
+ 1

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Compare both
How would you rate Zoho Books?

KB

Kelvin B.

Director Tech Services

Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 employees

Zoho Books is a very easy program to setup and use. Not a lot of modifications required.

Transcript

Kelvin B.: Hi, my name is Kelvin. I'm the director of technical services in the industry for maintenance...

Zoho Books Review 2021

Transcript

Puran R.: Hi, I'm Puran working as a co-founder in the farming industry. I give Zoho four out of five....

Great Collaboration

Great experience although after 2 years we are still learning, it is good for indian accounting system

Pros

The statement download from bank and reconciliation option is great GST filing options are great Dashboard is very well designed Android application is very useful

Cons

I would have prefered if it has quotation sending options also Process sometimes seems too long for creating manual vouchers

Zoho Books

My overall experience with Zoho has been pleasant. I can easily create invoice even on the go with my phone. I can quickly generate reports to check performance of the company and individual employees and I can track business expenses. The best part is also that I can easily link the app to my bank to reconcile what is in the bank with what is on Zoho book.

Pros

The layout of the website is user-friendly. The cellphone app makes it easy for you to instantly upload receipts and invoices for any purchases made. I'm in Engineering and we are three different teams. Zoho allows us to assign expenses to each employee and to a particular project should we choose to. This means that you can easily track the expenses of each team and be quick to spot any problems...

Cons

When I migrated from the software I used before Zoho to Zoho I had to upload the invoices from the previous software and the challenge was that Zoho did not allow me to specify and describe the invoiced item. All invoices that were uploaded ended up with the same description which wasn't pleasant. When you assign expenses to employees, Zoho will not allow you to use the same email address for different...

Zoho Books Review

Pros

The ability to use this software in a trial base first before purchasing a monthly subscription.

Cons

When there is an update with the a financial institution Zoho Books takes forever to make that update causing issues with keeping tracking of all expenses. Instructions on how to import statements is outdated. Customer Supports sucks, they do not provide the knowledge on when items will be resolved.

Using ZOHO Books for invoicing and payments in US Dollars and Mexican Pesos

use it for all client invoices and payments also use for all vendor payments and invoice tracking of accounts payable and recieveable

Pros

very easy interface with Zoho CRM and integration with online payment capabilities in both US Dollars and Mexican Pesos

Cons

the multi currency feature is sometimes glitchy in reports

Great Product

we can have access to zoho anywhere since its cloud based and we can also make approvals from our mobiles phones via app

Pros

The flexibility of usage is great and customer support via chat is quick

Cons

A special request has been made to implement item stock issues to projects which are billed as a one line item instead of using sales orders

Best Accounting Software for SME's

Zoho Books is implemented in a sister company that we manage, so far the software has no issues and works as expected. Would highly recommend this product.

Pros

Ease of use, Easy to setup. Great and simple GUI. Loaded with very useful features like Sales Approval Flows, Online Payment Integration, Document Attachments and many more.

Cons

Books is a significant bump up in price when Zoho itself provides a free version of the invoicing application called Zoho Invoice. Though compared to competitors Zoho Books is reasonable. There differentiation among their free counterpart (Zoho Invoice) is not very far apart.

Zoho Books: Finance and Accounting on the go!

Overall Zoho Books is a great tool to great tool for budding organizations and startups. Highly recommended.

Pros

Easy to use tool and following features: - Quick report generation - Assign Shortcuts - User friendly UX - Cloud software: Easy to access - Easy to integrate with other Zoho Tools - Quick and regular updates

Cons

There is nothing to dislike in Zoho Books. But, won't be successful in big organizations with voluminous data

Cost effective Accounting Software for Startups

Overall zoho books is the best accounting software for startups and SMEs.

Pros

Zoho Books is free to start and very easy to use. Its integrated with GST for automated filing.

Cons

It doesnt support Multi currency for free users.

A good option for small accounts

It’s a great online products for small accounts

Pros

I like the vast feature set that Books offers as well as the integration between their other products

Cons

It’s hard to grasp the UI at the beginning

A great tool to have in your accounting arsenal

Pros

For me personally, the biggest advantage of Zoho Books is the create synergy it has with other Zoho products ( specifically ZohoCRM and Zoho Invoice ) . The app is fairly intuitive to use and it is very simple to pre-determine payment cycles and then automate most tasks connected to them .

Cons

It takes a while to load fully. When you are dealing with multiple currencies concurrently, the reports end up being messy . There isn't that much room for customization .

Smart Accounting Software Built for Business

My overall experience with Zoho Books is good and I've been using it for the past three years and have recommended it to a number of clients.

Pros

-Zoho Books is an easy-to-use accounting app which displays all your financial information in a simple format and a person with less or no knowledge of accounting can also use it. -Zoho Books eliminates the need to manually enter data, lowering the risk of errors. -With access control and audit trails, Zoho Books ensures data integrity and gives you complete control over your business data. -GST...

Cons

-The app is appropriate for small and medium-sized businesses. It is incapable of managing complex corporate processes. - On weekends (Saturday & Sunday), the support crew is not available to help clients with their problems. -The software doesn’t allow you to import contacts from your social media sites. It allows you to build your client details through the inbuilt mail feature. -There is no budgeting feature available.

Good software for beginners

Zoho Books made my job easier and saved me a lot of time.

Pros

Zoho Book is a good software if you are starting out in a small business. What impresses me most about Zoho Book is the BRS statement. It's an excellent feature that prints all the required details very clearly, just as we intended. The automated bank flow is another feature that saves you a lot of time. The advantage of Zoho Books is that it can be linked to your online sales sites easily.

Another...

Cons

The major problem with Zoho Book is that it is only practical with a small business. It is better to choose another software like Wave if your business is large. Finally, the other blockage is that Zoho Books is based on the Cloud so without a connection you can go and have a nice cup of hot coffee (LOL).

great option for accounting software

There's been a little bit of a learning curve - there are a few things that are just done a little differently than in other software. However, I've been able to accomplish everything I had in previous software. The most significant aspect to me, though, has been that Zoho offers a lot of accompanying software - i.e., not software that's needed to make Books work, but software with complementary uses - without seeming like they're trying to squeeze every last dollar out of me. Quite unlike Intuit.

Pros

It does everything that I need it to do, and for far less than it's competition.

Cons

There are a couple things that could be streamlined, although they don't lessen to actual functioning of the software.

Great Product For Those Who Know Accounting

My overall experience with Zoho Book was positive. I switched from Zoho Books to Bill4Time because I wanted a program that would keep track of time and expenses for hourly clients, track contingency fee clients, provide trust accounting, and generate invoices. Zoho Books would be able to do all of those tasks with the exception of contingency fee tracking. There was no easy way in Zoho to keep track of projects that were not hourly, flat, or on a set budget. That said, the Zoho family of products are solid, so if you have need for an accounting product and you are familiar with accounting software, this product would be a great choice.

Pros

I liked best the many features that Zoho Books provides. In terms of accounting software, this product does just about everything. I also liked being part of the Zoho suite of products, all of which are quite good. The product is stable, and the company offers solid tech support.

Cons

I purchased Zoho Books to use in my small business after using Zoho Invoice. I wanted a product that would do more than just invoice clients, such as track projects and accounting. However, I am not an accountant. The thing I liked least about Zoho Books is that, if you are not familiar with accounting, the product may seem unnecessarily complicated. There is definitely a learning curve with this product that I have not experienced with other Zoho products.

The best invoicing / accounting tool for freelancers, period.

Zoho Books is just a fantastic tool. Coming from Freshbooks and paying a hefty fee for it I was not only limited in terms of features (and paypal support) but also somewhat bored with their lackluster interface. Zoho was great and hit all the marks for me, the interface is simple and intuitive and the price point at my scale is just unbeatable. I can't see any other accounting system after using Zoho Books.

Pros

This is the best bang for buck you can get if you are a startup, an independent freelancer or just need invoicing to start. There is no other system comparable with Zoho at this price point.

Cons

There are many features I didn't test because they are out of realm for my specific needs. I am sure for others they might be important but if these were "enabled as needed" rather than always there cluttering the interface that would be better.

Efficient, affordable took that's essential for my business

I switched to Zoho Books from FreshBooks a little over a year ago when the cost of FreshBooks became unmanageable and free options, such as Wave, did not serve my purposes. I was also looking for a cloud invoicing/expense-tracking system that was less glitchy and easier to use. Zoho Books is all of that. As a sole proprietor, the price suits my budget perfectly. Clients have told me that paying me through Zoho is much easier than paying me through FreshBooks or Wave. At tax time, it's easy to send my Profit & Loss report to my accountant. I also like that I can attach receipts to my expenses. I'm very thankful for Zoho Books and hope they continue to meet the needs of sole proprietors like me.

Pros

Zoho Books is easy for me to use and much easier for my clients to use when paying me. They've given me positive feedback about their invoicing experiences. It's also affordable, which was a huge deciding factor when I switched from another cloud invoicing program.

Cons

I wish I could see when a client has "viewed" my invoice. Also, I didn't realize that listing vendors on my expenses, such as Amazon, would count as "Contacts" and use up some of my slots. I'm glad I know now and I'm rectifying it.

All the functionality of QuickBooks - and more - at a much better price

Zoho Books has everything I need to keep my books in order, bill my clients, and track my time and expenditures. I've been very happy with this product.

Pros

Zoho Books does everything that QuickBooks does in a much more intuitive interface. It provides a ton of flexibility in looking at things from both accrual and cash methods, offers a free seat for my accountant, and allows me to track my time and bring it directly into my invoices. The ability to take pics of receipts and enter expenses directly from my phone app is great, too.

Cons

I wish that other software providers would wake up and realize that QB isn't the only game in town. Make it easier to integrate with Zoho, please! I've had some trouble syncing with my bank in the past and it took a while for customer service to understand what was really going on - there are some language barriers. But their CS agents do seem to try to help.

The best ever!

I've searched them all. Zoho is tops by far! Not only do you have full CRM integration reducing sales time by 1000's of hours (really... it's as simple Lead->Convert->Quote. Clients then pay their quote in one click thanks to Zoho!) but the product as a stand alone is far superior. The layout, quotes, invoices, automation, reports... They've thought of everything. Since we switched my business has...

Pros

Everything! Mainly the level of customization available and CRM integration.

Cons

Improvement: Allow for www.payfast.co.za credit card payment integration for the South African market. In the interim, we are using unique URL's in the quotes/invoices for one click payment. But having full Zoho payment integration is better.

Over 50, not an accountant & never aspired to own a small business...

It's true, but when your calling is a clear one, you are obligated to follow! Our small care giving business has employees working exclusively at customer sites. The caregivers (most also over 50 yrs. old) input their time, mileage & expenses from their smart phones. Invoicing is generally done at my laptop but can be done from my phone. The invoicing can be personalized with valuable information...

Pros

- Phone based app & laptop s-ware are EZ to use.

Cons

Don't quite understand how to customize an invoice, save it & use it for monthly billing. Sometimes, I have to play around with the invoice to get all of the detail needed to print. For example, it is not readily apparent how to display the dates for which each expense is incurred on the invoice. Not having a copy of our company's data stored on our system makes me nervous so we keep paper back ups. Surely there is a better contingency plan of which we could take advantage.

Why limit yourself to just Books?

Pros

I think Zoho Books is on par with all the other bookkeeping software, but what is even better is how it integrates with all of the other Zoho products. I have had to integrate SFDC with ZenDesk and other solutions and what a pain! The fact that books integrate with their CRM with their Desk app is wonderful. This does everything you need from creating invoices to managing expenses and accounts. Very easy to use and full-featured. It is a definite must for small businesses that are looking for a robust affordable solution that might also need a CRM (look at zoho one).

Cons

With any bookkeeping software, there is a learning curve. Not always the easiest, but certainly worth it. Once you get all of your accounts set up you'll need to make sure you get all of your payment processes in place. Which is nice once it's ready because people can simply pay from click on an invoice. My only complaint would be how certain things don't flow as easily as I would like to start off with. But once you get it figured out it's pretty easy and will save you tons of head aches when time goes on.

Zoho Books: Accounting software for Sma and Medium Enterprise

Overall good software for small and medi enterprise with good features.

Pros

Zoho books is cloud based accounting software with many impressive features. Below are the pros of ZOHO Books 1. Zoho comes with many inbuilt accounting software features like inventory management, Payroll processing, Sales and Purchase booking etc. 2. Can be integrated with your online shoping websites like shopify, woocommerce and many more. 3. Automatc recurring expense booking like depreciation,...

Cons

1.As compared to Quickbooks online many features are missing. 2.Disadvantage of cloud based software is it becomes difficult to shift to windows based software as data can not be transferred easily. 3. Zoho attracts consumer by quoting very less fees for 1st year but from next years there is steep increase in charges.

Great solution.. but not for everyone

I used Zoho Books for my own practice for 3 years+for a few of my Clients. It's fast and reliable, and developers are improving it very regularly - adding new features constantly. I would highly recommend using it especially in the businesses that would also use other software from Zoho-like e-mail or CRM-they're well priced and are extremely cost-effective.

Pros

Zoho Books is lightning fast-miles ahead of the competition if it comes to the speed of the software. The actual user experience is very close to the desktop software. Another good feature is its customizability - you'll find a plethora of options with Zoho, obviously designed with advanced reporting tools that come with Zoho Suite in mind. What's important - importing and exporting stuff from Zoho is also very simple - that comes in handy if you want to switch to another software from Zoho, you'll be able to do it-most counterparts allow you to migrate data only partly. Importing journals-extremely important feature-works flawlessly.

Cons

No integrated payroll functionality - small flaw, as you can easily import journals from the software of your choice. Average bank reconciliation - filtering records is difficult, custom sorting as well. No itegrated CIS solution. No reporting directly to HMRC.

"Zoho Books"; Accounting made easy.

I have been in the field of finance and accounting for quite a couple of time now and have tested many accounting softwares. I finally landed on Zoho Books and my experience with this software is amazingly outstanding in its results and ease of use.

Pros

It's very effective and efficient in its operations. Zoho Books perform splendid task as expected. The BRS statement is also an amazing feature I enjoy mostly on this software as it prints clearly all required details as expected.

Cons

For the fact that the little shortcomings are prevalent regarding the usage of this software, its benefits cannot be outweighed. The only problem i think is with this software is for the fact that you must be familiar with the accounting terms as a new user to be able to effectively use the function to the fullest benefits. A learning or help pop ups when added to the features will be of help especially to new users

Very good, but lacks some of the basics

Switched from Quickbooks to ZohoBooks. Overall, ZohoBooks is very good. The site is always up and running very quickly. Tech support is excellent in both speed and quality. The software is actually fun to use. However, it does lack some of the basic functions that seem should have been in there from the beginning such as ability to print deposit slips, and there's no running total on the side of accounts...

Pros

Excellent/fast support. Interface can be fun to use and is quick to respond. Development seems to be ongoing.

Cons

Lacks basic functions like deposit slip printing (and automatically transferring those funds to bank from Undeposited Funds), ability to pre-send recurring invoices, inability to set simple defaults such as default account to accept payment to (always need to manually select Undeposited Funds when accepting checks) and no running total in account ledgers such as Undeposited Funds (how are you supposed to find and fix errors, mistakes?)

Zoho Books reconciles bank statement automatically and GST filing is way better than anything else.

Overall, it's a boon, If you are in India then this is the takeaway software as it helps ease in filing GST reports.

Pros

This software when I started using I thought I made a wrong choice but as in when I started managing my accounts & Books for my business, It became my friend, an accountant indeed it did everything that an accountant would do with very little accounting knowledge. The best part is if you are a startup company and you do not have strict compliances then this is for you, you don't have to hire an accountant and DIY. :)

Cons

Support is the only part which sometimes made me upset as the Employees were not uniformly assisting as if they were not trained on customer service. The worse thing is they just have support for technical help and no bookkeeping support.