athenaOne Reviews - Page 5

Athena is the most forward thinking EHR that exists

Pros

Athena is extremely easy to use. I am in charge of training new providers in our practice and even those that are terrible with computers seem to "get it" quickly. It's loaded with great tools and features and I'm able to finish my notes immediately after seeing patients. It has many ways to customize it for my practice.

Cons

There are so many small improvements that Athena could make and while they do offer a sort of "suggestion" page within their system that they review, they are more focused on forward improvement than dedicating resources to fix the small issues that exist with the current system.

Athenahealth

Pros

Fairly easy to use following logic of office visit.

Cons

It doesn’t lock charts to protect PHI for mental health or family planning visits.

Not a good choice for Behavioral Health (psychology, psychiatry, counseling, etc.)

Pros

It is fast; automatically saves most of what you type in; does not crash very often (3-4 times/year); email support requests usually answered within 24 hours; online help knowledge base is comprehensive and it has a good search engine.

Cons

Not designed for mental health EHR, patient management, communication. Primary care clinicians say it's "pretty good" although "EPIC is better". Most behavioral health clinicians do not like Athena (based on support forum polls and Athena even admits it if your decipher the corporate-speak.) Athena rarely designs workflows, templates, and processes for Behavioral Health. They cobble together features and processes used by primary care clinicians and staff and tell us it's designed for Behavioral Health. If Athena employs mental health professionals I've never seen them on video presentations or as authors of "how to" resources or anywhere else.

Good, but not great.

Overall, Athena is good enough to select as an EMR for urgent care after you put in hundreds of hours to get it set up how you would like it. If just starting out, Athena would not be my first choice. There are other better options that perform better and costs less. Once you start with Athena, it's hard to switch EMR's bc of the lockbox and the fact of losing all patient data.

Pros

- I like the ability to customize "most things" in Athena. It would be nice to have more flexibility to customize layouts like the classic version of Athena. - Once you create templates, the charting can be completed fairly quickly. - Epocrates is built into the Athena order screen.

Cons

- Only 1 person at a time may enter and/or complete orders. - Expensive % of collections cost. - Not geared towards Urgent Care. - Minimal reporting options for the clinical side.

Remote Healthcare VA

Pros

I like how I am able to log in and use the EMR anywhere as long as you have net connection and laptop, especially for me as I'm working remotely. I also like that don't need to connect to a VPN to use the EMR. I love how easy its functionality from registering a patient up to checking out the patient. Most importantly, its very convenient to have macros as it hasten up the documentation.

Cons

A little convenient when you need to type in the specific name and address of a facility that you want to send a referral or fax. I also don't like it when you refresh the page, it does not stay on the page you are on before refreshing. It's very inconvenient when you have to open the chart again after refreshing.

Generally Good Product; NOT a fan of Streamlined

Overall, I think Athena was a very good product. It is my only EMR experience so I have nothing to compare it to; however, I find it was easy to learn and maneuver. Our entire staff is truly struggling with the Chart portion and having to click around multiple times to arrive at a place that used to take one click. I do not like the new release.

Pros

Cons

We have just begun to use the new Streamlined release. We are extremely unhappy with the "Chart" portion of the release. I want the previous Face Sheet back on the Chart so I can, much more quickly, find and access what I need from the Chart. I tried to make a comment to his effect on the available Blog, and it wouldn't take my comment. VERY frustrating!

Athena Health reminder calls

The Athena reminder call service saves our employees time to care for our patient's in the office and not leaving messages all day on a recording. Especially with multiple doctors in the office now. Thank you Athena Health for your top notch service.

Pros

Billing is easy for us. I like the reminder call service. Entering a patient is easy as well

Cons

I definitely wish there was a better training for the templates. I struggle with 19 templates to extend our schedule quarterly and wish I could get assistance with a faster way to do this. We have 3 doctors and they come and go. This makes my job difficult.

Horrible please look at someone else

Pros

I like the fact you can Athena fax records but you can only fax 10 pages at a time through it. More than that it said it was to large to Athena fax. I like that it uses a scanner for ID cards and ins cards. Just keeps a pic of it, does not upload info from the cards while scanning

Cons

Most everything! Still need a biller! I don't know what really I am paying for with this large % they are taking from me.. We work most claims our self. When they say you have a manager to help, they just refer you to the csc.. Which is the 1800 hotline help. Most times they don't know the answer and 1 question takes 15 min to solve. They always say "let me put u on a 5 min hold while I find an answer"...

I Recommend Athena

I have transitioned companies 8 times now through paper charts to emr, or from emr to emr. By far, the transition to Athena has been the easiest one I have been involved with thus far! Athena is easy to use, easy to customize and easy to track and do reports to keep our business moving forward.

Pros

Athena is customizable and everything you do is trackable.

Cons

Support, when we first joined Athena in 2011 was IMMEDIATE. Now, I have a request in for help and it went in last April and is still not resolved. I have had a few URGENT items that Athena has taken over a month to resolve, when it really needed to be resolved that day or next day.

Pretty Good on the Clinical Side

Converted from GE Centricity after 15 years. Athena allowed us to streamline the patient intake and exam documentation due to excellent tools to improve documentation quality and consistency making it easy for providers to see patients efficiently.

Pros

The chart is easy to navigate to locate information and the intake and exam workflows make improve patient visit workflow

Cons

It does not allow mapping of lab values to fields in the clinical forms used for intake and exam workflows. Scheduling platform is very suboptimal

A user friendly system

Pros

The scrubbing claims feature helps and assures the submitting of clean claims the first time.

Cons

Athena does have some quirks when claims are being submitted. Even though a patient's elibibility checks out with the payer, Athena will send it back that there is a question with the eligibility when the payer has verified the eligibility. Also, Athena has far too many insurance packages to choose from. Such as instead of sending a BSBS claim to the home plan, you have to choose the exact plan...

Nice idea, but.....

It has nice features, and after the April upgrade, it ran very fast. But, after the May update, it slowed down again. The slowness has cost us up to 10 minutes per visit.

Pros

The new streamlined Athenaclinicals is mostly better. It is easier to navigate, once you suss out the architecture of the product.

Cons

Some things are too streamlined, to where you have to hunt for basic things that have been taken off the main feature. And..... IT HAS BECOME SLOW AGAIN, AND I MEAN SLOW!!!!

Excellent

Pros

Combination of billing functionality, EHR and practice management software. Percentage of revenue is charged: if we don't get paid, they don't get paid. Exceedingly robust system with limitless opportunities for expansion and customizing. Excellent customer service.

Cons

Very few things to dislike. When problems require the Rules team to get involved, the process can take weeks. As an example, our state Medicaid recently changed their claim formatting requirements. It becomes a real problem for Athena to take weeks for Rules to make claim formatting compliant.

Keeps us going!

I have been using this program for about 4 years now. I was nervous at the beginning, because I thought I would be overwhelmed with it, but I wasn't! I have used a few different medical programs and Athena is by far the easiest to use. Also the layout is perfect for busy workflows. We are a busy office and all the features it provides, helps us to be as productive as we can. The only issue that really sticks out is that it sometimes can run slow and sometimes things get scanned into the chart from the fax in a weird way. Overall, I do believe this is a good quality product for a medical group.

Pros

*Easy to use. *Lots of features. *Great Layout. *Constantly updating its users.

Cons

*Sometimes slow *Faxes mess up

Appears to be one of the best, from provider standpoint

I've been utilizing this product for approx. six months. It is quite easy to learn the basics, and I like that the product is customizable in so many ways. As with all EMRs, there is a learning curve - initial basic usability comes quite easily. I have not yet learned all the nuances and tricks. Most things are common sense. We are a free clinic, and therefore do not utilize the entirety of billing....

Pros

Customizable physical exams and treatment plans. Flowsheet ability for a variety of diagnoses. Reporting capability is easy. Downtime is negligible. Overall very robust EHR

Cons

Minor issues - would like ability to group labs (e.g. labs ordered today but to be done in 6 weeks - my poor nurse has to deal with all of these). Would like something on med list or status for patients who are currently breastfeeding. Would like LMP right on check-in/vitals screen for women.

Athena people are awesome!!

Pros

Athena representatives are always there to help! They take the time to go over whatever questions you have and if they can't answer the questions they will find someone who can or they will do all the research and contact me with the answer! They are understanding that I have patient's to process while on the phone with them and will wait for however long it might take! I'm always telling them that I appreciate their time and patience and I can't do my job without their having my back!! Great experience with them since 2009

Cons

I understand the constant updates but sometimes I wish they would actually ask the people who use it the most what they would like because on the occasion the changes make it a little longer to do the job.

ATHENA REVIEW

OVERALL ATHENA IS A GREAT BILLING TOOL, THE AREAS ARE USER FRIENDLY AND THE HELP DESK IS GREAT IN RESOLUTIONS. HAVE BEEN A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK WITH. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE STAFF IS EXCELLENT AND USUALLY AM ABLE TO TALK TO THE SAME PEOPLE. THE MOST RECENT UPDATES WERE NOT MY FAVORITE AND HAVE HAD ISSUES WITH THEM, DID CONTACT THE INTERFACE TEAM FOR HELP IN ADJUSTING A FEW CHANGES THAT WERE MADE THAT IS NOT A POSITIVE CHANGE FOR OUR PRACTICE

Pros

Cons

HAD SOME RECENT UPDATES THAT I AM SURE WERE ON OUR HOME PAGE, BUT WERE A GREAT SHOCK WHEN PUT INTO PRACTICE! NOT ABLE TO DO ALL THE WEBINAR TRAINING ETC... AS IN OUR PRACTICE I NOT ONLY DO THE BILLING BUT AM THE NURSE IN THE OFFICE.

I cannot imagine the practice of medicine without Athena EHR

It does everything from soup to nuts. Keeps up with all meaningful use and PQRS effortlessly. Handles billing, intuitive documentation, patient reminders and communication. Seamless handles incoming clinical information such as labs, x rays, scans, consults that would otherwise overflow the fax or mail are now seamlessly integrated with the patient chart.

Pros

Always connected with the details of my patient care. Handles everything everywhere including built in electronic prescribing. Handy app for smartphones. Streamlined and intuitive use. Works great with Dragon medical voice recognition software.

Cons

Always connected!

Partners for Life

This is a great company with amazingly smart people working with us everyday to make our lives easier at work. I cannot imagine choosing any other company, and I did a ton of research and due diligence. Athena is a company which sees the future and takes us there with them. We all love the products and the company. You will too!

Pros

The beauty of athenaClinicals is that there is only one version of athenaClinicals, and that is the updated version. They update for us and it is constantly being updated. The great thing about athena is that you don't "buy" it, you are basically a subscriber and they do all the updates, all the back office work for you. The implementation process went beautifully, we worked really hard to get...

Cons

Athena is a monthly expense and not cheap, but we feel we get more than our money's worth . Financially we are doing very well as a matter of fact, we have never done better

AthenaHealth EMR

My practice has used AthenaHealth EMR since 2010 and it has helped us qualify for meaningful use since the very beginning. It is fairly intuitive how the EMR flows and writing notes is relatively easy once you get the hang of it. We also utilize their practice management/billing options which improved our cash flow. Overall, it is a high quality product that I can recommend to fellow Family Medicine doctors.

Pros

Relatively easy to use EMR for documenting patient encounters.

Cons

Hard to get custom reports unless you pay for additional support.

Athena :The Complete Set up

I have had ups and downs. But the Support is excellent so the Downs have not been as miserable as they could have been

Pros

A COMPLETE PRODUCT: registration to Billing and collecting payments

Cons

I would like to have all features through the same Provider instead of going through outside providers. Also needs to connect with Care EVERYWHERE so we could see information from all other EHRs especially EPIC users like the major Hospitals that see our patients in their Emergency Rooms

nirvana

best business decision I made and I have been on it since 2003.

Pros

ease of use,transparency into insurers,total practice management solution.,great portal,if you are not employed by a large hospital system and are responsible for meeting your overhead, athena is for you.,they are a true partner with you.,they make a profit if you make a profit.,true cloud based system,thus never will be obsolete.we have been using it since 2003.

Cons

i am hard pressed to find a negative that would dissuade me from purchasing athena all over again.

Imrpving

Continues to evolve. Had been using it for about 6 years now. We had signed a contract in 2011. In 2013, certainly be started getting charged for every single" closed loop" order, example each E prescription was charged 1 dollar. Each lab value was charged. If I ordered CBC, CMP, A1c, lipids for 1 patient, I was charged. This became quite expensive. This forces us to use paper prescriptions instead of the e-prescriptions. We paid per provider at the time of registration to enroll with sure scripts. We write about 40,000 prescriptions every year. As you could imagine, this becomes expensive fairly quickly.

Pros

Cloud based

Cons

Expensive

Physician friendly, Efficient, Quality Focused and Fun

Pros

Really love everything about the EMR and trust the vendor. Physican friendly, efficient, adaptable, quality focused, very simple and intuitive in use, the online Community is wonderful in support, the leadership is forward thinking and smart, meaningful use a breeze, ICD 10 well managed, pay for performance focused, excellent company support and fun to use.

Cons

I really don't have any negatives. Recent change in work flow due to product upgrade with Streamline has been bump in the road but after a few weeks of use I'm actually more efficient now than I was on the Classical version-wouldn't want to go back.

Very dissappointed

Poor. what else can i say? If you had a question, you were routed to someone in pakistan who knew little to nothing about your billing but would read a paragraph they were given to tell you. It was silly. Seriously, most of you know all billing companies kinda suck. But this is one of the worst. Athena was the main reason I closed by private practice. I considered switching billing companies, but I just got tire of dealing with it. Take my advice, DO NOT use AthenaOne for billing. The EMR portion is soso, middle of the road. Billing portion is 3 thumbs down.

Pros

not what it was advertised to be. was also told that data migration would be seamless if i left; turns out I cant migrate anything. "termination team" still has not been assigned despite notice given to leave 3mo ago

Cons

Athena did a good job on selling me that all billing would be handled and I would need to put very little effort into this aspect. It couldnt have been further from the truth. In actuality, I needed to hire a full time biller to review the deficiencies created by Athena. The billing process is not run by billers, it is run by a software program. charges sat in a "bucket" until the charges were no longer valid due to untimely billing. I lost out on so much billing its sickening.