NextGen Office Logo

Empowering our clients to make healthcare better

NextGen Office Reviews - Page 6

1,264 reviews

ME

Mary Ellen F.

Medical Practice,

Satisfied with MediTouch HealthFusion

Pros

I like that we were able to personalize the system with forms that we previously have used. Being able to now add in PDF editable forms is a plus. The system is easy to use for all levels of doctors and staff regardless of their computer knowledge. Meditouch is always updating the software and is on top of any and all changes to help us meet our goals for Meaningful Use.

Cons

1. I would like the money posted by each user to be user specific. I know they NOW have batch posting where the user can print only their posting but everyone still sees the main payment posting history for the day, i.e. copays taken at check-in, balances paid by patients and insurance payments (which can be sizable) would all be on one screen for all users to see. 2. There is no customer support on the weekends when we have Saturday hours and many times if an update is done on a Friday night certain features have not worked causing work flow problems.

VS

Vishal S.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

User friendly RCM platform

One of the best software in the market.

Pros

The features that i like compared to other software that i used so far, downloading medical records from EHR tab, filing claims, posting payment & denials. The product is really user friendly takes only few days to understand the interface, it's not at all confusing, nice product in medical billing domain. I use the software daily for various claims related work as i am A.R caller and our job is to work on denied claims. It really helps to carry out our day to day work.

Cons

No cons as of now, that i came across while working.

MK

Melanie K.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

We use Next-Gen to schedule patients in a timely manner.

We use it to schedule and manager employees and patients. To provide quick appointments with accurate information so when they come to their appointment they are able to be worked up and seen in a timely and professional manor.

Pros

I enjoy working with Next-gen because of the ease of use. It is easy to train on and I have entry level employees who can pick up the software easily.

Cons

Although new process and update are very important some updates can be harder to navigate. We tend to have to reteach processes to employees and have to find where new buttons or areas to use the features.

CW

Corinne W.

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Partnership is getting better each year. The last two years has really shown positive improvement

One stop shop for managing over a million patients a year!

Pros

The flexibility to create our own EHR templates and add-on web apps in house. We have about 800 offices we are implementing NG in and having weekly meetings with the our account representatives and always having someone on "speed dial" has been wonderful!

Cons

The auditing of some of the user actions/modules. Creating security groups to prevent users from having modify access is not in all of the places we need, either all or nothing is frustrating, especially in system admin

NW

Nicole W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

It has been great so far. this is my first time attending UGM NextGen Conference.

Lots, this software drives our care and allows us to customize it to change and grow with the everchanging healthcare needs.

Pros

I like that this system provides a variety of specialties to be utilized in our clinic as we are an FQHC and we provided many different services.

Cons

I don't like how many clicks it takes to get to certain areas in the EHR to document appropriately and that it will pull into a reportable field. It makes it hard from the reporting end to be able to gain the information that you are trying to track when not all items are connected.

CP

Candice P.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

I started as a clinical end user in 2002 and have been implementing all over the US for 11 yrs.

I have had the privelege of observing people ending their work day on time with a smile on their face.

Pros

NextGen is a great intuitive and fully integrated product. I love that I am able to predict most functions within the applications when I have not learned a workflow formally. I have enjoyed observing the client driven and industry driven evolution of this product. I've learned a couple other EHR's and was very disappointed.

Cons

There are some tips and tricks features that NG don't formally publish because they seem insignificant.

GT

Gaurav T.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

We are happy with NextGen products

I have worked with NextGen EHR since 2006 and I have seen this product did great things for the patients. I see ease of use and customization as benefit.

Pros

The product is well thought and satisfies the needs of the customers well. The product serves well for our organization due to the focus on Community Health Centers.

Cons

Too many choices to work with. Physicians get confused and document the charts in various ways leading to under code and over code and also data collection is difficult when data is pushed in to the system through various data fields.

SB

Susan B.

User of PM/EHR solutions

Pros

customization to support varying workflows Mobile Solutions Portal functionality enhancements - self enrollment is a major plus

Cons

Ability to identify payer levels - primary, secondary, tertiary, etc. Currently, our practice is heavily involved with bundled payment initiatives and see this only expanding - would like to see a bundled patient management solution that would integrate risk calculations, clear episode of care mgmt., patient reported outcomes More education for sql reporting and crystal reporting

cp

cheryl p.

I have been using Next Gen PM for 17 years and and have been 100% satisfied

Pros

Next Gen is very user friendly. If you have an issue, the customer service is very knowledgeable. The reporting feature is vital in my position to be as detailed as possible, which Next Gen is. The auto flow process is very easy for the staff to follow.

Cons

There is an old saying, you get what you pay for. Next Gen is a little more expensive than other soft ware. Unfortunately, when upgrading E lectronic Health records any changes to the templates have to be re entered which is extremely time consuming

LV

Leslie V.

Old HeathFusion, Today's Nextgen Office

I don't feel they listen to little people. We have issues and until it becomes a significant work flow issue the problems aren't addressed. Also, when an insurance makes changes to electronic billing, don't pass on the instructions to me how to fix it. I pay for their service, they need to make the change.

Pros

I like they are their own clearinghouse. This enables me to pull and EOB directly and saves alot of time.

Cons

This software needs a POP up IN YOUR FACE alert system. Their alert system is VERY poorly designed.

MJ

Michelle J.

Billing Company

After having the software for 2 1/2 years I inquired on getting out of my contract to switch to a cheaper software. At first they told me they were going to cancel my contract. Then they charged my bank account for it. When I emailed to inquire why they charged me they said they were not going to let me out of my contract early. ITS A TRAP!

Pros

Billing from the software was relatively easy.

Cons

They trap you into a contract that renews for 12 months at a time and won’t let you out for any reason. Also a few months ago some of the ERA’s just stopped showing up in the software.

IL

Inna L.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Not as good as advertised

Not easy to switch to and from, But if someone in the process of choosing a software- do more research

Pros

It is OK, but not a very good one.. No integration with previous software was done even was advertised

Cons

customer support, some advertised features do not work .

GM

Ginger M.

very educational for first time meeting attendees

Pros

it now how the functionality of less tabs/clicks to do. It has a lot more features. Its seems to be easier to populate the information on a single tab, rather than toggling back and forth between screens. Overall pleased

Cons

the OPH chart note needs to be worked on. It populates the surgical history under the past ocular history! the formatting needs to be more consistent and properly aligned and font size is all a concern. The difference in font size and color all back and forth on the note. super annoying!

LA

Laura A.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Have great support systems in place.

It has helped us meet Meaningful use and has a great reporting tool.

Pros

It's diversity and configurability. It's a very robust program. Our specialty is unique and we've been able to not only configure for our needs, but have worked with NextGen partners to customize some of our needs.

Cons

It is definitely expensive. There seems to be a cost associated with a lot of necessary pieces. They have improved this, but in the past I felt we were nickel'd and dime'd a lot. We are a small practice and every penny counts!

Dd

Debra d.

Medical Practice, 201-500 employees

The practice management system has improved our billing productivity and reporting by 100%.

Improved billing ease and speed, as well as, Improved productivity in the billing department.

Pros

The adaptability to most billing issue/solutions is remarkable. The Success community website is extremely helpful when looking for information and requesting assistance. In 30 years, I have never worked with a more user friendly company.

Cons

It is at times difficult to learn the configuration requirements and, for some solutions, multiple check boxes are required or the same info must be entered in multiple, unrelated, screens.

CR

Cheryl R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

Started as an end user for the EPM now I'm an analyst with the system

They have great customer service and are always trying to improve the produce to meet government requirements

Pros

Many options to do most functions, layout of screens, templates role up so screen is not too busy. On the EPM side the appointment schedules are laid out well so you can hover and see information without clicking.

Cons

many options for most functions can cause a lot of confusion for those users who are not technical. with the autoflow there are too many screens, there needs to be one screen that shows everything you need.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Good software but could be a little more user friendly in some areas

It simplifies the billing process from charge entry to electronic billing to payment posting.

Pros

The EPM side is easy to learn even as a beginner so training new billing employees has been easy. Having EPM and EHR connected makes it easy to toggle between the 2.

Cons

The reporting features for sure. The reports are difficult to get what you want and aren't flexible or easily modified to fit what we need sometimes. Basic monthly reports are fine, it's when we're looking to run something specific that it seems impossible.

TP

Tracie P.

GREAT TOOL FOR EMR

I used this EMR in a Dermatology setting. There were a few dyas of training, and staff seemed to catch on quickly. Our IT department was always close at hand and worked to customize our template for easier use. It is a great program with great reports and tools.

Pros

This software was easy to use and very easy for our IT department to taylor to our needs. There are multiple areas that are customizable and super easy to use.

Cons

The product has come along way over the years. I dont think there was anything that I did not like about the program.

pp

patti p.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

NextGen is a great option for your medical billing needs.

Overall, I had a great experience with NextGen. The report features were nice in that you can save and share the reports amongst other users.

Pros

The software is user friendly. I liked the reporting function and the ease of creating and sharing reports.

Cons

Some of the data could be misconstrued based on the various date options within NextGen. For example, there were transaction dates, dates of service and dates of entry.

SG

Steven G.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Not so good

Not good, mistake to have changed to this program. There are much better programs that have far better functionality. Weak customer service for dealing with the frequent server issues.

Pros

Mostly easy for scheduling and billing processing.

Cons

Cloud based software that suffers downed servers on a near weekly basis, customer support never does anything but post a notification and then its down for extended amounts of time making it very difficult to complete our medical practice tasks and billing.

RC

Rolly C.

Excellent

Pros

Easy access to tables of all information in the different templates. Easily able to go through the program and generate any documents you wish. Ability to capture all information needed for MIPS/MU. Great customer service support.

Cons

Too much non-essential information for ophthalmology template sets. Work flow takes quite a while if you are used to a New Patient within 10 minutes, you won't be able to do this with NextGen unfortunately, but it does capture EVERYTHING you could ask for.

OH

Ofer H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

I've used NextGen for over 7 years and it's come a long way with customer feedback.

Patient care has improved with the increased reporting ability, as we were on paper prior to implementing NextGen. Providers are able to provide better and more efficient care to our patients.

Pros

One of the things that differentiate NextGen from other EHRs is that NextGen can adjust to our workflow rather than having to change our workflow to match the EHR.

Cons

You are slowly moving towards a less flexible KBM. Due to the upgrades and changes, customizations that have benefitted the organization have to be re-engineered more often than not.

kr

kaye r.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

softwear

not a bad system

Pros

it is an easy system to learn and work with.

Cons

do not like the end of night reports, it should have all payments put in the system that day instead of just payments that were made by patients that are being checked in or out. also on the statements it does not say how the payments were made ie: check, cash or credit card. it also states that you can edit payments but it does not let you do it, so you have to void payment and then post it again.

JS

Jane S.

Product review

Our overall experience has been positive. It is easy to use and I especially like that it is cloud based. Like all products of this nature, we do experience periodic slowness or glitches in the software. The team is responsive to these incidents.

Pros

I like the integration between EHR and PM.

Cons

The financial/accounting aspect is not the strong suit of this program. I also would like more reporting flexibility.

LM

Lawrence M.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Overall, a very good EHR.

Customer support staff are very helpful.

Pros

Relatively easy to perform key tasks relevant to clinical medicine, including charting an office visit, documenting phone encounters, tasking staff, ordering referrals, e-prescribing medications, maintaining problem lists. Fairly easy to customize templates/documents when desired.

Cons

Our hosted experience has been somewhat lackluster - intermittent performance lags, repeatedly dropped services (interfaces, faxes, offline document generation).