Papaya Global Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.57/10

Reviews by rating

I have a very good experience with the platform and specially the implementation and customer success teams. They are very pleasant, professional and great to work with.
Firstly I love the customer service and how quickly they respond. I also love the ease of the platform.
Our overall experience has been very positive and Papaya is a platform we regularly recommend to other HR teams.
My experience can be summed up with two words; "extreme disappointment.
The reports (invoices) are not organized well. There is no report for the balance of PTOs days for employees.

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Pros

Easy to use, centralize everything into one location, very helpful customer success team

Cons

The platform itself is not very well displayed

MM

Magnolia M.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Papaya as PEO Partner

Great portal and team for support. I also love Papaya's Countrypedia. Very useful and insightful!

Pros

Onboarding and payroll features on the portal are very user-friendly. For a client like us that has employees based in several countries, submission of monthly expenses, and payroll adjustment details are easy because the portal is well organized. The customer service managers for EU, Canada, and APAC assigned to us are all very efficient. They would train us first on certain features and along the way, if I have questions e, they would readily help.

Cons

So far I am happy with the services Papaya Global offers to us.

VB

Varda B.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

The immense knowledge on Global Payroll is critical .

Great Global payroll tool and A class grade for customer service

Pros

The best part I like about Papaya is that they have designated a payroll expert to support us who is available all the time, and all our queries and concerns get answered in no time, and that too very professionally.

Cons

I do not see any dislike with Papaya, the team is doing pretty well in resloving issues very quickly.

KQ

Kenneth Q.

Music, 51-200 employees

Papaya's platform and service does not match its mission statement.

My experience can be summed up with two words; "extreme disappointment". We have bene using the system since around May of 2021 for one country with 15-25 employees. The first three payrolls were a mess, where employees did not receive payment in time, exposing my company to liability. Further, payments required by law to social security, etc., were also mishandled for about 2 months. I honestly do...

Pros

I am not sure there is any feature I "like the most".

Cons

I find many aspects cumbersome. It is often confusing to navigate through the website and many times not all information fits in the screen. I have to scroll forever to get all info/data, even if there is more than enough space in my screen for all data to show. Sometimes, I cannot even get tot he last record, unless I select "50" records to show at a time. I often also see data overlapping on top...

SA

Sara A.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Pros

Unifies and simplifies monthly processes. Integrates with other information systems

Cons

Platform is not self service enough. BI tool must improve

HB

Hadar B.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Pros

A great company with a very useful and efficient solution, especially for those who employ in a variety of countries. Support many countries. A friendly and easy-to-implement platform.The customer success team is always very nice, available, gets back quickly and tries to help as much as possible with what is needed.

Cons

It would be nice if the mediation between the local 3rd party companies was faster on the one hand, on the other hand since it is mediation it is always more difficult so I'm not sure there are any culprits here

GA

Giulia A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Perfect for scaling companies

Pros

The service specialist that we had when we started, as well as the one we have now after 2 years, are both so good. We have a direct contact person, with weekly meeting, and summery emails to keep everything under control. We work as a team, and i feel like Papaya is part of our company. It is important to us to have a go-to-person who goes the extra mile for us. The platform is also quite straightforward and thanks to Papaya we were all in a sudden able to have colleagues everywhere in the world.

Cons

We had some hiccups while they were re-structuring their teams internally, but this have been solved .

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Papaya is fine, maybe overrated

It's fine if you have to use it.

Pros

My onboarding manager was amazing! She was very responsive and knowledgeable.

Cons

There are some hidden fees. Not a fan of this. Also I can't see pto balances

TO

Trent O.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Helping us to expand our reaches into the global labor market

Great!

Pros

The pre sales and implementation process were very smooth, the system was implemented seamlessly. The customer support we have since received has been very good, particularly the speed of response.

Cons

Navigating new labor markets is tricky, and sometimes it would be good if the Papaya team provided recommendations when setting up new projects. Also, we are still finding our way through some of the pecularities of paying expense claims (and tax treatment thereof) in different parts of the world.

PC

Patrick C.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

A comprehensive, scalable and user-friendly platform

Pros

The platform itself makes it very easy to administer payroll changes across our global workforce and have full visibility of this. It has cut down on payroll administration and was also a substantial cost reduction in administering EOR services compared to previous vendors. The customer support team is friendly, quick to respond and communicate progress well particularly during onboarding stages.

Cons

Only a minor point but as we expand into more regions the separate invoicing process will become more of an administrative burden and we'd love to explore ways to consolidate this as much as possible.

MA

Michiko A.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Overall satisfied, but not perfectly satisfied

Papaya Global is awesome overall. It's expensive though. The management fee is sometimes as high as one person's salary. But representatives are responsive.

Pros

The platform is very straightforward. And Papaya is always optimizing the system.

Cons

(1) Expense folder - I sometimes want to delete the items I uploaded, but this feature is not available. I made a request to grant the authority a while ago, but it's not there yet. (2) System error recovery is slow. When there is an issue and I report it by providing all the screenshots and explanations, it still takes a long time to fix the problem. (3) It's just really painful when I check invoices since I go over each item, and there is usually a mistake the employer or Papaya made. So I really have to carefully check each invoice, which is a lot of work.

CM

Cyndi M.

Internet, 1,001-5,000 employees

Papaya global

Great experience so far.

Pros

Ease of use Nothing to manage on the user side of this software - Papaya does it for you GDPR compliant The reports are easy to use and save me hours of work compared to our old system.

Cons

If you have a Change of entity in a country. The old branch and new entity have separate files. So historical information is in a different file/area.

SH

Shai H.

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

WIX subcontractors

Great experience with the local team in Israel!

Pros

The easily use in the platform with all the necessary data online with the availability of the team to support in a short time!

Cons

I would like to have all open invoices in one place.

TR

Talia R.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Pros

Organized, good notifications, looks good

Cons

The reports (invoices) are not organized well. There is no report for the balance of PTOs days for employees or report that alert for *new* invoices

SB

Shani B.

Research, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Managing a Global Workforce

Pros

Papaya helped us take control of our global workforce. Keeping track of workers from five different countries, all with different pay slips, different pay days, and different compliance demands was pushing us over the edge. We needed an automation solution to reduce the manual load. We found it at Papaya Global. Working with Papaya has completely turned our company around. Instead of five different...

Cons

There was nothing that I have encountered that I did not like.

DD

David D.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Great solution for global workforce managment

Great experience, the team is very knowledgable, have a great implementation process that made it very easy to switch from other solutions, it seems they were developing this with lots of industry knowledge and experience

Pros

Replacing all suppliers , invoices and excels sheets in one platform, having great visibility to our total workforce costs, increasing my remote team satisfaction, great BI tools and real time reporting, all exported easily to excel, allowing us to track every cent

Cons

the UI experience can be improved in some of the stages

TO

Tito O.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

The ease of doing business with Papaya.

We are happy with their service and professionalism, and hopefully we'll have more business with them in the future.

Pros

Whenever we email something (a query or anything), there's always somebody who will handle the query.The reply or outcome is all always timely.Our Payroll Outsourcing would have been a headache had we not engaged with Papaya. Thanks to Papaya!

Cons

The hiccups in coordinating with other party to the contract. i know this is not Papaya's fault, but to the other party. But we can feel Papaya is doing their best to still coordinate properly to resolve issues.Thanks for that.

HG

Hardev G.

E-Learning, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great and ever improving and progressive company

I have always got a solution for the most challenging questions with a quick turn around. Very professional in their service.

Pros

Very quick to response.Super compliant with global regulations.Knows exactly how to engage with in country partners.Easily approachableReliable

Cons

Limited locations. I wish that they had more locations in Middle east.

HB

Hagai B.

Medical Devices, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Papaya makes Global HR a breeze!

Papaya Global literally makes global HR management a no-brainer, allowing complete legal financial and HR governance of a global workforce.

Pros

Papaya Global allows to set up a minimal-intervention automated process for ongoing global HR management.

Cons

The website has a slightly longer onboarding than anticipated but Customer representatives make it easy al so going the extra mile for your voice to be heard with Product.

Construction, 10,001+ employees

Buena plataforma integral de RRHH

Pros

La verdad es que no está nada mal. Muy similae a otras que había usado anteriormente

Cons

En este tipo de software, hecho de menos la posibilidad de disfrutar de una versión de prueba

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

JA

John A.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1,001-5,000 employees

A good EOR

Good.

Pros

We found Papaya from this article: [sensitive content hidden] they are a good EOR. Customer service is responsive.

Cons

Price is too high, would like it to be a bit cheaper.

MA

Mutafa A.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

TA Manager- Alefeducation

Very good and supporting team with strong insights into global markets

Pros

Easy access to employees and support along good knowledge of market

Cons

Timelines can extended due to involvement of multiple parties in transactions

MG

Michelle G.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Great customer support and

Pros

Making updates and downloading files is really easy and clear.

Cons

I wish the invoices were sent to us automatically instead of having to download them every month. Occasionally things are a little off or difficult to find within the platform itself. For example, having to scroll really far to the right to see things. Customer support is good about helping us though.

NM

Nira M.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

A Workforce Solution that Works

We were trying move our country into new markets abroad.

Pros

When we were looking for a PEO to help us hire workers in Asia, we wanted more than legal compliance. We wanted advisors on the ground in all our foreign markets. That’s why we chose Papaya Global. They gave us more than a technical solution to a workforce problem. They connected us to local experts who help guide us. The success of our company depends on the quality and loyalty of our workers. We need a PEO that cares about our workers as much we do. After careful consideration, Papaya was the obvious choice.

Cons

As a startup, the growing pains showed sometimes. There were minor delays in communication.

SS

Subashini S.

Maritime, 501-1,000 employees

Great EOR experience

Great

Pros

Customer focus, timely delivery, great platform

Cons

Customized reports and integration have to be developed.