Spark Hire Reviews

Scott S.

Beth W.

The video quality was very good, as is the candidate interface, and their customer service was attentive.

Alexis Eva A.

Cons

The main negative I have with this is that it takes the personal interaction out of the initial interview process.

Bailey S.

The quality of the sound can get choppy at times which can be irritating if you’re in a middle of obtaining an answer from the applicant and she needs to repeat herself.

Sometimes does't work with flash player, especially on Macs. At times it is hard for candidates to submit their videos due to this issue.

Taylor P.

4.7

Spark Hire Improves Time to Fill

Transcript

Lauren G.: My name is Lauren. I'm a senior talent acquisition specialist. My rating for Spark Hire would...

Manager, Inside Sales

We are trying to accomplish a few different things with Spark Hire. First and foremost, we want to widen our candidate pool. The positions where we use Spark Hire usually have 100+ applicants. Typically we would bring in only 5 of those candidates to interview in-person, but by using Spark Hire's one-way interview feature, we can widen our net and video interview up to 20 candidates. Many times we end up hiring someone who would not have gotten an in-person interview had we only selected the top 5 candidates.

Pros

Sparkhire is a good platform for video interviewing. Whether you're using it for one position or multiple positions, it can handle the job. It's user interfaces are intuitive and the functionality allows us to do many things. In fact we don't even take advantage of all the software is able to do. The one-way interview feature is by fare what we use the most often. It allows us to interview more people to begin with. The set up of the interviews is easy and the feature that lets you record video intros to any question you send is very nice as well.

Cons

The pricing for this software is different. You pay based on the number of jobs you want to use it for at the same time. Since our hiring goes in cycles, many times we only need it for one job, but sometimes we need it for up to 5 jobs. We end up paying for 5 jobs all throughout the year since that is the max number we might need, but we only use it for 1 job much of the year. There are some little features that could be improved, and we'd love for Spark Hire to tie into our current application system (it does some but not ours), but overall we like the product.

Not the traditional way to interview in public schools

There was a period of time when our clients were not receiving the interviews or notifications from the Spark Hire app. Our representative was very cooperative and his response times were always within a 24 hour period. He returned all of my calls and even talked to our IT people here to troubleshoot the problem. My overall experience with Spark Hire has been a wonderful experience from the beginning. We were put in a very difficult situation with the pandemic first emerged and they helped us address a huge need in our industry.

Pros

The most important part of the addition of Spark Hire to our organization is that it has given us the flexibility to offer applicants an opportunity to complete a quality interview experience during a very difficult period of time. We were able to provide our principals with an opportunity to review countless interviews in a very short period of time.

Cons

There was only one hiccup with the software, but that was corrected with a few phone calls and collaboration between Spark Hire's Helpdesk and our IT department.

Hi Brian, We appreciate your wonderful review about your experience using Spark Hire's video interviewing! We are happy to hear that our platform has been helpful in connecting you with candidates while in-person interviews haven't been an option. Happy hiring!

Like Hiring a Recruiting Team!

Very positive! We use Spark hire to interview participants for academic programs, so is a bit different than many other users. Instead of using an interview process to select one person for one job, we use Spark Hire to interview 100, 200 or more candidates to fill 20, 60 or 100 positions (depending on program).

Pros

Spark Hire is a great tool for increasing interview and selection efficiency. My team conducts 200-300 interviews a year, and managing all pieces of the process became very time consuming. We initially tried Sparkhire for one of our programs and had a great experience. We've now rolled out Spark hire for more than 4 programs, and it's honestly like we've expanded our team by 2-3 headcount.

Cons

There are few items that are a little confusing on the main dashboard. Setting up Spark Hire takes a bit of time, but it's not too bad!

Hi JoAnna, Thank you for your awesome review! We are so happy to hear that our platform has helped increase your interview and selection efficiency. Happy hiring!

Disappointed by price

It was fine - but there were too many things that I didn't like for me to continue being a paid customer. I find another alternative

Pros

Cons

1) Trial period is too short and they charged me directly without asking me beforehand (I hate that!). I know I gave me C/C info but I feel that you should confirm the option with the client before charging. Even the customer service rep who was following up with me was surprised that I had been charged before we had even had our first call. 2) The candidate response time for the one-way interviewing was capped at 3 min. My questions require greater response time. 3) To increase the allotted time you have to upgrade to another pricepoint which was not what I wanted to do. 4) The number of ppl from my team who could access the interviews was limited.

Time Saving Tool

The results are usually good and usable, sometimes there is some compatibility issues but it is usually due to wifi issues.

Pros

We are able to do candidate evaluations at the beginning of the recruitment process to weed out unqualified candidates and identify highly regarded talent. This saves our client's time in the process by using the SparkHire videos as a first interview to view when they have time in their day.

Cons

I wish we could edit more to delete wifi glitches or shorten if needed.

Hi Kim, Thank you for sharing your experience using Spark Hire! We are so happy to hear that our candidate evaluations feature has been helpful in saving your clients' time! We appreciate hearing from you!

INFUSEmedia. New approach to the hiring process

It saves a lot of time for hiring teams! I receive 99% of positive feedback from candidates. A great tool to use nowadays, when remote working is a new reality!

Pros

The platform is awesome! Easy to use, user-friendly, all the tutorials are in place!

Cons

I love the product, and no cons were spotted so far.

Hi Lisa, We appreciate your wonderful review about your experience using Spark Hire's video interviewing! We are so happy to hear how easy to use and time-saving you have found our platform. Happy hiring!

Spark Hire is a must for busy HR professionals!

When I joined the company, our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] had heard about it from a business colleague. They showed it to me and I was sold. Implementation was easy and it has truly helped streamline our hiring process.

Pros

Spark Hire is easy to use and convenient. Candidates can answer questions in the comfort of their own surroundings and our hiring managers can easily access and rate their submissions.

Cons

I do find it difficult at times to file candidates away--the labeling and tagging of them can be a bit clunky. And I'm reaching for that as this works beautifully for us!

Hi Meg, Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear how convenient and easy to use you have found our platform. We appreciate hearing from you!

Sparkhire Review 2021

Allows a higher volume of candidates to engage in the prescreen process.

Pros

It is very user friendly as an administrator. It is easy to set up questions, walk candidates through the process and provide the shareable link with hiring managers.

Cons

When submitting directly from Sparkhire most candidates think the link for completion is spam, or it goes into their junk mail so you spend time trying to connect with these candidates.

Hi Amanda, Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear how easy to use you have found our platform. Happy hiring!

Spark Hire Review

I would highly recommend Spark Hire to anyone trying to streamline your hiring and interview process, it's worth the investment.

Pros

The Spark Hire platform is very user friendly and creates a great share point with anyone involved in the hiring process along with the time savings recognized in the hiring process. It also allows you the ability to have several department applications available with different skill set questions for a particular role.

Cons

I do not have any negatives about the platform or software.

Hi Curt, Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear how user-friendly and time-saving our platform has been for you. Happy hiring!

Spark Hire Rocks

Overall, this platform is fantastic. It is part of our recruitment's team usage daily. We have had much success cutting down our interview time frame and getting quality talent in seats in a most efficient time frame.

Pros

The ease of use. You could literally not have a tutorial on how to use this product and still figure it out. It is very user friendly.

Cons

Nothing!! I am most happy with this product.

Hi Sarah, Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are so happy to hear how easy to use and time-saving you have found our platform. We love having you as a customer!

Spark Hire has been an amazing addition to our hiring process to truly filter and find the motivated

What is great about using Spark Hire is that it is so seamless and easy to use. You can jump in and review 15 candidates in less than 30 minutes and get a feel for how these people communicate. One of the biggest things when hiring people is getting below the surface and understanding the 80% of who they are. Its called the iceberg affect. When you interview in person you are only usually getting...

Pros

Cons

The one thing that I would say is to make it easier to Rate a candidate overall not just from video to video. I know this is an option but making it easier to find would be helpful.

We love Spark Hire!

I am extremely happy with the Spark Hire product.

Pros

Working in HR for a large organization with multiple locations makes it difficult at times to coordinate the interview process. But instead of me providing my feedback, I'd like to share some of the comments I have received from various departments in our organization regarding the Spark Hire video interviewing platform. "I thought the process was pretty revealing actually. As the viewer it was...

Cons

Again, I'd like to share feedback I have received from hiring managers. Keep in mind some of these may just be viewer/reviewer error. "A good candidate might get screened out if they are not as tech savvy as other candidates. That might be fine for a tech job but not a relevant for others." "What I didn’t like was the review options within Spark. It was essentially a STAR ranking system with comments. Once submitted, you cannot go back and make edits." "I wish the view of all the videos showed me some kind of summary of how I ranked each person (and even the comments I wrote)."

Spark Hire Makes Hiring More Efficient

Pros

Spark Hire is the "new normal" for hiring, helping to make the hiring process more efficient while still maintaining a personal touch. It allows you to set up either one-way or two way interviews with potential candidates, allowing great screening prior to final in-person interviews. It is ideal for all sizes of companies and for most (if not all) positions. I like that the questions can be customized,...

Cons

Up to this point, I have not found any "cons" that would prevent me from using or recommending the product. I guess one "con" would be getting potential candidates to actually get over their reticence about doing a video interview, but honestly if they refuse then they are generally not the type of candidates that my clients would be looking for.

A Very Useful Product

A Flight Controller interview takes up the time of anywhere between 2-6 of NASA's mission-critical personnel. Before using this software we would schedule interviews based solely on resumes and pre-screens, which cannot give you enough information. While this does add a step, it helps immensely with our ability to submit qualified candidates.

Pros

It is amazing to be able to judge a person communication skills before taking up upper managements time in a lengthy interview. We mainly use this software for Flight Controllers at NASA's Mission Control Center. Interviewing with a camera, especially for the first time, can be stressful. This is something Flight Controllers must be able to handle and adapt to. While a person can have an amazing resume, it doesn't truly represent the candidate's communication skills.

Cons

The only issue I have is having to ask the candidate to upload their own resume. I would like to be able to add a resume to a video so management has easy access.

Spark Hire Review

Overall very positive. Was very easy to use and having individual links for candidates video interviews was life changing.

Pros

Fantastic functions and ease of use. Able to set up video interviews for candidates with ease. Being able to generate individual links to provide to hiring managers was great.

Cons

If anything, potentially being able to have more active templates for more roles would have been great. Unsure if there were functionalities to include pre-recorded video interviews from hiring managers for candidates.

Hi Daniel, Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that our interview sharing features have been helpful in increasing collaboration in your hiring process and that you have found our platform easy to use! Thanks again for sharing your experience!

Spark Hire is Vital to Saving you time in the Hiring Process

This is a very well thought out and developed product. The management team does a great job of following up with you and making sure that you have all of the tools to make this tool a vital part of your hiring process. I highly recommend this software and guarantee that it will save your team time and money both going through the interview process as well as employee turnover.

Pros

-Very User-Friendly and clean interface -The video interview tool is very complete and easy to use for both user and admin -Takes time away from doing a complete phone screen -Very customizable to show off your brand -Has a built-in scheduling tool that helps with the candidate booking a time (if approved) to interview with you -Amazing Customer Service and support that walk you through the entire set up process -A dedicated Account Manager that follows up regularly -Built-in interview questions that allow for a thorough screening process

Cons

-There are occasional blips that cause the video interview not to save (very rare, but happens) -Getting the candidates used to this kind of "phone screen" /pre-interview process takes a bit, but Spark Hire provide pointers to help mitigate any confusion

Great value for video interviewing!

Pros

When we were reviewing video interview platforms, I was surprised by how much fluctuation in price there was. Some of the other vendors had a few more "bells & whistles", but they were, for the most part, unnecessary - and the price they were charging was significantly higher than Spark Hire. We've used Spark Hire for 2 years now, and they have certainly met our needs for a video interview platform, and at a great price! They also integrate with several ATS platforms, which is convenient. The support team is very responsive and helpful, and my account rep is fantastic.

Cons

The only thing I wish I could add is an option to save a filter, so I can always start on the page with just my interviews, or just active jobs/open interviews. Other than that, I can't think of any "cons".

Making my life easier!

My overall experience has been great. They've helped us be more efficient. I even asked them if they integrated with our ATS provider. They didn't at the time, but they made it happen for us. I can't say enough. Love, love, love the product!

Pros

I love Spark Hire! I can't say enough about it and recommend it to all my HR colleagues. It's so easy to use and it integrates directly into our ATS. Candidates automatically get the invite to take the interview and our hiring managers can set aside time in advance to review the interviews. It is a time saver! I've used HireVue in the past and Spark Hire works just as seamlessly and the pricing is much more digestable.

Cons

I wish it was even more integrated with our ATS than it is. It would be great if the videos actually sat within the person's application instead of having to leave the ATS to view them and then go back to change the candidate disposition.

Spark Hire is the best thing we have done for our in-house recruiting efforts

We no longer waste time phone-screening candidates. Every resume we receive is acknowledged with a request to complete spark hire. The completion rate is around 23% but with the number of applicants we have, 23% is more than enough.

Pros

Spark Hire is seriously THE BEST thing we've done for our in house recruiting efforts. It has allowed us to dramatically increase the number of candidates we are able to thoroughly screen while simultaneously reducing the time and money associated with doing so. Since adding Spark Hire in December, we've increased our candidate review rate by +24%. Cost per applicant has been reduced 9% and cost per hire is down 13%. On top of that, their customer service is incredible.

Cons

Very few negatives. Occasionally we've had bugs - which are quickly corrected. And we've come up with a few ideas that could improve ease of use but nothing that has dramatically impacted our overall experience.

Significant time saved with improved candidate review process

Faster higher process. Saved time and resources. Better quality candidates moving forward through our hiring process. Able to collaborate more as a team to identify the best candidates.

Pros

As a virtual company, I love the ability to 'meet' the candidates and more strongly identify their cultural fit prior to a phone interview. Prior to using Spark Hire's one-way interviews, we spent significantly more time on phone interviews. With the one way interviews, we now can 'meet' the candidates, have questions that give us greater insight into a candidate from just their resume/cover letter, and allow the candidate to present their best self to us in a setting that's most comfortable and convenient for them. Too, we love that we can easily share the recordings with our team to have a more collaborative process.

Cons

For live interviews we involve our team, and being virtual we're not in the same location. With current system, can't currently have everyone on one live interview together.

Spark Hire Improves Time to Fill

We are solving the time to fill numbers and also improving the interaction from recruiter to candidate.

Pros

This product has been easy to integrate within our Applicant Tracking System. It allows us to interview faster which is helping our time to fill numbers tremendously.

Cons

I would prefer to have more customization options for communicating with candidates within Spark Hire. We have several hubs to recruit for and I need to be able to personalize the message.

Hi Lauren, Thank you so much for sharing your experience using Spark Hire! We appreciate you sharing how time-saving our platform has been for you and how easily it has integrated with your ATS. Happy hiring!

The best technical support and customer service!

Cuts initial interview time in half (or more), candidate can complete at their convenience, recruiter can review at their convenience, gives a good sense of how serious the candidate is without having to schedule a formal face to face meeting. When 2 people interview over 1000 people a year, this is HUGE!

Pros

Spark Hire took a 45 min phone interview to a 10 min video interview and a 10 min phone interview (only for the videos we approved)! Cut the time in half and have a better understanding of the client - win win!

Cons

Many times our candidates don't have the internet speed for a clear connection. Sound and video quality is shaky then.

Spark Hire Review

I have used Spark Hire for nearly 3 years. They have been outstanding in everyway!

Pros

Spark Hire allows me to quickly and confidently review candidates as well as share with hiring managers. We don't spend time in interviews without having confidence that we will get ROI on the time spent.

Cons

N/A. I researched all of Spark Hire's competitors and I made the decision to use Spark Hire.

SparkHire Review

Pros

I like the ease of using the software from both the end user and the administrator side.

Cons

the limitations we have on job slots...not the software's issue but due to budget, we are limited on how many open spots and how we market them. For example, if we have a role that is not only in one location for the posting, we have to select a location.

User friendly and easy to use!

Pros

You can use spark hire for a video screening for canidates. I love the simplicity of spark hire. Screening candidates has never been this easy. You will be able to see the gesture of the candidates while they are answering as if it was a face to face interview. Good thing about it, is that you'll able to disguish those who are really interested and motivated.

Cons

Not that much negative to say! I think it will be best if they'll make it easy to access on mobile phones