Trainual Logo

Trainual

Easy onboarding and training software for growing businesses

Trainual Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.19/10

Reviews by rating

Top 3 alternatives

The software is so intuitive and easy to use you just get in and go. It’s so much fun documenting our processes now and spicing the content up with interesting fonts, images, and videos.
Trainual is easy and fun, very user friendly and the customer service is quick and friendly and responsive.
I have not run into any features that I have been disappointed with at this time.
Since I am forced to complain about the product. I have to say that it could send me email reminders when there's updates done on Trainual.
Clicking “new question” every time and then clicking “new answer” 4 times for each question is just way too time consuming and outright annoying. There could also be different types of quiz questions.

Angela M.

Office Manager

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Finally, all our policies and procedures in one place

Transcript

Angela : Hi, my name is Angela. I am an office manager in the legal industry, and I give Trainual a five...

Jordan B.

VP

Retail, 11-50 employees

If you aren't using trainual you are missing out

Transcript

Jordan B.: Hi, my name is Jordan, vice president. And I give Trainual five out of five stars. For more...

VB

Vie B.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 1-10 employees

Ease of Onboarding

Pros

Training and onboarding can be a difficult process and knowing which way or in what direction we want to begin the training can be the most challenging. With Trainual, it gives us a clear path to take with our trainees and allows us a chance to show them the step-by-step processes while keeping each topic relevant to the tasks at hand. Updating processes is easy and keeps everyone involved. It makes cross-training easy as well and allows the company to work efficiently as everybody knows the basics and can help take over for others who may be absent, on leave, or just overloaded.

Cons

There weren't many features I was disappointed with. I've been very satisfied so far.

OP

Oleg P.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

All-in-one platform for processes documenting

It was not easy to find a service to write down all the processes to delegate and share them. To organize company's wiki.

Pros

Roles management and access levels, course/position tracks, useful templates.

Cons

UX and ease to use may be improved. But they are adding more features regularly.

Hi Oleg! Thank you for sharing your Trainual review. We appreciate your feedback about UX and hope to continue improving your experience. Please let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback for us! We would always love to hear from you.

WA

Wendy A.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 501-1,000 employees

My view of Trainual

I loved it because you don't have to sit in a boring lecture

Pros

It lets you read the rules and regulations at your own speed and you can even review before testing.

Cons

I am not sure what i liked least of all

Hi Wendy! Thanks for sharing your Trainual review. We're glad that the platform has been more interesting and effective than a traditional lecture or training! :) We hope you continue to find it helpful and engaging. Let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback!

SL

Stephanie L.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Manual Meets the Perfect Training Guide

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! I can't say enough great things about Trainual! I tell everyone I know about this amazing tool!

Pros

We love the usability of this software. Whether you are at a desktop or on the job site, you are always connected to the information you need.

Cons

The ability to sort by department, but you guys are already working on that !! :)

Hi Stephanie. Wow! Thank you so much for this amazing review We appreciate you taking the time to write it. And we're so excited to hear that you absolutely love Trainual! That made our day reading that. As for the ability to sort by department - you are right! We are working on that Expect some updates real soon. We look forward to continuing to work with you! And if you ever need anything from us, always feel free to reach out.

ZH

Zachary H.

Renewables & Environment, 51-200 employees

Excellent product for building out your companies training program

its great we do enjoy using it and its really helped us a lot

Pros

Very easy to use and track progress. Also very easy to add and move subjects and sections from various courses to other courses. in other words easy to build and easy to reorganize when needed as changes in the company occur.

Cons

sometimes difficult in the way things are laid out, wouldnt mind if it were a bit more intuitive on the home screen for reps to navigate through

Hi Zachary, thanks for sharing your Trainual review. We're thrilled to hear that the platform has been helpful to your business! We appreciate your feedback about usability and will be sure to note it for our Product Team. Please let us know if you have any other feedback or questions!

BC

Benjamin C.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Excellent and efficient training solution.

Trainual is well executed in its layout, using mostly common and current web standards. It loads fast, is mobile friendly, and simple from both creator and user experience. I was up and running almost immediately and worked through the how-to guide as I went. Moving processes into training modules helps heightens the awareness that all company processes need to be documented, trainable, and scalable. Rollout to users has been easy and feedback has been great.

Pros

Trainual is a well executed and easy to use solution for moving training onto the cloud. My favorite aspect about using the software is how it trains content creators think more about their work processes, which increases efficiency and scalability.

Cons

There is nothing not to like. For future improvements I would like to see a dark mode, which would help with users who check into content late at night. On mobile, the topic steps stay at the top of the screening the actual step contents require scrolling below the steps list - this UI section could be improved.

Thanks for the review, Benjamin! You can submit suggestions (like your night mode one) at trainual.com/ideas!

OL

Oryan L.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Great Tool, needs more flexibility

Pros

I love how easy it is for our employees to learn how to use it. new employees can just sit down at their desk on their first day and go through the trainual and be onboarded in an organized way.

Cons

Theres not a lot of flexibility in terms of look and format. I would love for the UI to be more fun and engaging so our employees dont just feel like theyre flipping through pages of text. I think typeform is a great example of engaging and fun UI that would be a great fit for trainual. Think turbotax also. We want our employees to enjoy training, but we are extremely limited in what we can manipulate in trainual. I would also like to see more types of content than just text and tests. I want surveys, i want feedback forms, or at the very least, a non graded test. I also would like to be able to generate a report of all the freeform test answers from a specific subject.

Hi Oryan -- Thanks for the review! We would be happy to hop on a call and discuss your feedback if that would be helpful. Just email support@trainual.com and we'll get that coordinated!

Tony A.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

For a growing company absolutely amazing!

Time saver and is allowing us to grow our company and our profits faster.

Pros

Our company is growing at 40-60% a year and we are so busy it is almost impossible to get someone trained to take off the workload and we have added 7 employees in the last 9 months. It has been essential to have to do the training once and then send everyone through it saving my manager a ton of time. It has been easy for us to setup tasks for the new hires to do as well as to have comprehensive tests that really get the new hires engaged.

Cons

It could be easier to install videos and photos.

Thanks for the review, Tony! We're working on an in-app video recorder, which should make adding videos a breeze -- Stay tuned!

Michelle M.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

User-friendly so you won't pull your hair out

I love having everything in one place and organized into "need to know" sections when onboarding (both as a new hire and later, a manager). As a growing start-up, we were constantly adding to the training content, and bringing new superstars into the fold was easy because they're getting a consistent and thorough rundown of our company history, SOPs, and tools we rely on to function. BIG PERK: even as the Founder/top dogs get busier, the flow of information isn't disrupted for new team members. I wish Trainual existed years ago!

Pros

Simple user experience w/ clear navigation for both trainers and trainees, prompt response from Trainual staff if there's an issue, and it takes away the excuse of "I didn't know" as new staff onboards (the admin dashboard with progress reporting is magic!)

Cons

Nothing to note at this point. Any hiccups or new feature suggestions are always acknowledged quickly by the team...which isn't a bad thing at all!

Thanks for the review, Michelle! We're so happy to hear Trainual has helped your company train as you grow.

SP

Shannon P.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 11-50 employees

Trainual is awesome.

Really good.

Pros

Very easy to navigate. Works well on devices, too.

Cons

None. I like how this software delivers a comprehensive training method.

Hey Shannon! Thanks so much for your review of Trainual. We think you're awesome too! And we're excited to hear that it's been easy for you to use. If you ever have any questions, always feel free to reach out!

LM

Lauren M.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Trainual is the best learning management software that I've ever used!

I absolutely love it and would recommend it to anyone who manages learning for their organization.

Pros

As an admin, it's so easy to assign trainings, create roles and publish trainings!

Cons

I'd like it a bit more if there were more reporting features.

Hi Lauren! Wow! Thank you so much for calling us the best and for leaving us this amazing review :) We also think you are the best! We're so excited to continue to work with you, and we appreciate you being a part of our community. Thanks for recommending us so highly!

RB

Rhonda B.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Trainual Enabled our Agency to Systemize our Processes

My team and I are enjoying using trainual. Highly recommend!

Pros

I love the ease of use in setting up subjects, topics, and steps and adding users to subjects. It has changed the way our agency systemizes our processes and trains our team.

Cons

I would love the ability to tag subjects so users can sort by tags.

Hi Rhonda! Thanks so much for your amazing review. We're happy to hear that Trainual has been easy to use, and that it's helped to systemize your processes! And we appreciate the feedback on subject tagging. We're working on ways to improve our subject organization, so stay tuned for that! If you have any questions, always feel free to reach out and we'll be glad to help.

LH

Lackeshia H.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

This Has made Training Easy

Pros

The setup, the ease of adding and editing information in the created content is of great importance. Our company is always growing and with growth comes changes. Being able to make these changes quickly is vital. As a user, I find that navigating from one topic to the other is just like doing an online course, this makes me grasp the information more quickly.

Cons

I have no issues with this. Trainual is the best training software I have ever used.

Hi Lackeshia! Thanks for sharing your Trainual review. We're so glad to have you as a member of the Trainual community for over 2 years, and we're thrilled that you're still loving the software. Please reach out if there's anything at all we can help with!

Ross N.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Great for small and medium business documentation

Trainual has been a great platform for us to document our business practices. We've also used it as a learning automation software for all of our training purposes. Great product.

Pros

Trainual is very easy to use and has very good functionality. Their support team is very responsive to questions and issues. New features are consistently rolled out and the product is getting better by the month. It's a great value.

Cons

A few small bugs here and there, but nothing that is too irritating. Any bug I run into usually gets resolved within a day or two.

Thanks for the review, Ross! It's always nice to hear from you and we know you'll love everything we have planned for 2019 :)

SM

Steve M.

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

Training and Certifying our Sales People

We needed to find a practical and reliable system to deploy our sales processes to all of the sales people quickly and ensure that each is competent and familiar with the sales guidelines and processes established by the sales management team

Pros

How easy it is to use for both the administrators and end users

Cons

The interface could be much more sexy making this even more appealing to the end users

Thanks for the positive review, Steve! We're working to make our interface better everyday, but you can submit any requests at trainual.com/ideas. :)

CF

Cara F.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Love it!

Great!

Pros

I stumbled upon Trainual while searching different products. It has really helped me with teaching management how to run my business. It's easy to use and has awesome features. My favorite feature is the Loom integration so I can make screen recordings to display how to take care of certain online/computer tasks. I also love that I can add GIFs to the training for fun.

Cons

I had a small technical issue that was due to the size of the display while using Trainual, so I thought I had lost the ability to use Loom right in the program. However, as soon as I got in touch with Customer Service, they were easily answer my question. So, what I thought was an issue, was an easy fix!

MK

Michael K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Great Platform

This was a major upgrade from the Litmos system. Easier to navigate. Compatible with mobile devices is huge! Video integration is much improved. The fun factor was also a big step up.

Pros

Finally a platform that is intuitive, more compatible, and fun to work with.

Cons

Would be nice to have an administrative level access, ( permissions below my corporate franchise system), that would allow me to log in and monitor the progress of all my employees. Acquiring all their credentials and having to log in individually as them, is a pain.

Hi Michael! Thanks for sharing your candid Trainual review. We're thrilled to hear that you're enjoying the software and that it's been an upgrade from your previous system. We'll be sure to note your feedback about permissions - we're constantly iterating and want to make Trainual as beneficial as possible! Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have additional product requests or any questions. We're here to help!

RD

Renea D.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Excellent Learning Tool!

Pros

This tool is excellent for training employees whether you have 1 or 1000 team members. I love that you can always refer back to a section if you forget how to do something.

Cons

Not all modules in the software apply to every team member, I wish there was a way to omit modules that certain employee types didn't need.

Hi Renea - thank you so much for leaving us an awesome review! We're so happy to hear that Trainual has leveled up your employee training experience. And we appreciate your feedback on omitting modules. One way to make specific modules invisible for employees who don't need the training is to go into the Admin view of a subject, click the three dots on the top right of the screen, and then toggle the "Available in Library?" option off. That way, only the employees you grant access to use that module will be able to see it in their library. Here is a picture to reference where the toggle is located: https://imgur.com/a/0GSrJxk. If you need anything else from us, always feel free to reach out and we'll be glad to help. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

BB

Bill B.

Utilities, 51-200 employees

Easy to use and easy to learn

Very good and continuing to use it for training our agents.

Pros

Trainual was very easy to use and put into use within a very short time frame. The trainer loves the software as do the users.

Cons

In a perfect world it might look little old hat, but it is funcational

KH

Kevin H.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Trainual keeps us organized and focused

Trainual is really good at putting out useful content to help you learn to use the software. It has been a great experience working with Trainual, I would highly recommend their software.

Pros

Keeping all of our company docs in one location, the ability to eliminate multiple versions of documents on my desktop because I know I have what I need in Trainual.

Cons

The last upgrade was a big improvement, I don't have any issues at this point.

CB

Charissa B.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Best platform out there for businesses

Started with trainual to have company procedures available to staff and now have moved on to have new hire paperwork done. Has cut down on paper cost and much more efficient way to do tuinfs

Pros

So easy to use. I love that you can literally put everything that's needs to be learned and all company information. One stop shop

Cons

I can honestly say that there is nothing I don't like about this platform. It's the greatest.

SW

Shay W.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Awesome tool for start ups

We love it.

Pros

We use Trainual to Document and Institutionalize our SOPs and business operations. As a start up, complexity increases with success. Trainual helps us track and simplify that complexity.

Cons

It is not really a con just that as new features are introduced, we have to go back and rethink how to use the tool.

KD

Kirk D.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

will use for every business i open

great

Pros

Search feature being able to look up what i ineed when i need it

Cons

the website not loading at times being down and unable to open

Hi Kirk, thanks so much for leaving your review. We're sorry to hear about the issues you're having with load time, and it's something we are working on! We're thrilled that Trainual has been impactful to your business and we're always here if you have additional feedback or any questions.

ML

Mehdi L.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Get trained remotely with Trainual

just amazing

Pros

Easy to use even if you are not familiar with it

Cons

how tow create multitabs

Hi Mehdi! Thanks so much for your Trainual review! We're so happy that it's been easy to use, and we hope it's been impactful to your team. Please let us know if you have additional feedback or questions for us! We're always here and happy to help.

LR

Leilah R.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Using Trainual to document everything and anything about your company!

Overall we are very pleased with Trainual. Our biggest hurdle is getting information OUT of people's heads and onto "paper" so that others can benefit from the knowledge or pick up the pieces if the need arises. Trainual is a great tool to do just that!

Pros

I really like the organizational structure of Trainual. I love that I can leave it open on my desktop and add things QUICKLY (drag/drop/cut/paste/add links or images) and without getting too side-tracked.

Cons

I'd like to be able to keep a consistent view in the main SUBJECTS page. They give you two options, Card View and Outline View. Outline View is much more intuitive to me (perfect for linear thinkers...) but unfortunately the default is Card View so every time I go to the main SUBJECTS page I have to toggle back to my preferred view.

Thanks for the review, Leilah! We do have changing your default Subject view on our roadmap, so I'll be sure to let you know when we release that! :) Thanks again for being a loyal customer!