Trainual

Easy onboarding and training software for growing businesses

visit website

Trainual Reviews

Pros

Trainual is easy and fun, very user friendly and the customer service is quick and friendly and responsive.

MK

Matheus K.

Trainual is the perfect solution for onboarding new employees. It is also a great place for us to store resources for our trainers and it's super easy to use.

LL

Lesli L.

Overall it has been great. I can upload with ease and I like that I can add gifs to make the training more fun.

VR

Virginia R.

Cons

I have not run into any features that I have been disappointed with at this time.

KK

Katie K.

Since I am forced to complain about the product. I have to say that it could send me email reminders when there's updates done on Trainual.

MK

Matheus K.

Clicking “new question” every time and then clicking “new answer” 4 times for each question is just way too time consuming and outright annoying. There could also be different types of quiz questions.

RV

Raegan V.

Finally, all our policies and procedures in one place

Transcript

Angela : Hi, my name is Angela. I am an office manager in the legal industry, and I give Trainual a five...

Great training platform

Overall their quality of support has been excellent with great webinars to help guild and show new features.

Pros

Initially i thought that trainual was "too simple" in that i was not able to build out huge heirarchys of subject matters, but after talking with them and going through the training it makes a lot more sense now. We are successfully building out a complete training for our operators and enjoy the platforms ease of use.

Cons

I would like to see a bit more functionality in the testing options, specifically the ability to "choose all that apply" type of questions. The publishing and granting access it also not very intuitive as i have found that when i click publish, that doesn't necessarily mean it will show in someone eases library without assigning it to them.

Thanks for the review, Ian! Select all in multiple choice is definitely on our feature request board - Feel free to add any other suggestions to trainual.com/ideas :)

Consistent Training

Pros

I like that I can track exactly how the users are doing by checking their test results. It insures me that everyone is getting the same material and learning the same way so all of our legal services are uniform across the board.

Cons

The test making process is very long because of the lag in the system. It would take me an hour just to populate 30 questions and add 4 multiple question optioned per question. I would like for the multiple questions to come with 4 answer choices as a default.

Hi Virginia, we greatly appreciate that you took the time to share a review of your Trainual experience! We're glad to hear that it's helped to improve consistency in your training material. We'll be sure to pass along your feedback about tests as well! If you ever have additional feedback or any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Great Training Sote

It’s been a great tool for both our employees and managers. We’re really glad to have Trainual because it was our missing link. It’s the perfect to house ‘us’ for training and have a place for employees to refer back to when they need a refresher.

Pros

Trainual is extremely user friendly. Our team has been able to collectively use this site to help create new training for staff, onboarding for new employees, roll out new policies, and more. We love that it can be branded, how everything autosaves, and the ease of us for our employees.

Cons

The only thing I wish this had is a way to order training for our employees. Some hires should start out with a different course than others, so we’ve been making our training schedules manually—however, it’d be great if the site came with a training scheduling system.

Thanks for the review, Danielle! You can your feature requests (like the awesome one about training order) to trainual.com/ideas.

Very Easy to Use

Overall, I would say that I have had a wonderful experience with trainual!

Pros

I like this software because it's very easy to use. It helped my company build a training program when we'd never really had a linear training system before.

Cons

The program is easy to use and utilize but the navigation of the page could use a bit more work.

Thanks for the review, Daniel!

All your company's info in one place

The platform is simple and easy. It's just a great way to capture everything you need to for your employees. Gone are the days of Google Docs and PDFs.

Pros

I love capturing all the company's procedures in one location. It makes it easy for new and old employees to search what they need and instantly get the answer.

Cons

The user interface currently is a little meh, but Trainual is constantly updating and listening to their users.

Thanks for your review, Wes! If you have any ideas you want to submit regarding our interface, feel free to visit trainual.com/ideas.?

Trainual Basics for Creators

Our company is using Tranual for comprehensive staff training: all aspects starting from the Company's introduction to specific areas of accounting and audit (how to do it, new requirements and even tests)

Pros

Trainual Basics for Creators. For me, it's a great platform to share my knowledge about blockchain with colleagues and outside users (in the nearest future).

Cons

For me, it is a bit difficult to use (just that I'm not an IT specialist and not a native English speaker).

Hi Olga! We appreciate that you took the time to leave a review of your Trainual experience. We're so happy that it's helped you share knowledge with your colleagues, and that it's been impactful for staff training. Please let us know if there's anything at all we can assist with moving forward!

Excellent Service & Our Company Loves It!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and how simple it is to create all the sections needed for our CRM and Company training.

Cons

There are somethings I would change like the fact of the publishing and the employee user interface. But I would say everything works well and simple enough to make it very useful.

Thanks for the feedback, Ariel! We added a new permission that requires an admin to approve content before it is published, so maybe this would help with your publishing issue! If so, email support@trainual.com and we'll get this added to your account.?

More Templates

Staff of really nice when you reach out, they reply quickly.

Pros

I like that you have a place to put all your information and add updates.

Cons

We use it for onboarding and I wish it had templates and designs to help you make a more interesting platform for people to use. I also dislike the layout, I wish it was more of like a website design that our employees can log into and see more of an interactive face to help them use it and obtain more information. Maybe have it be more personalizes like www.trainual.com/eatlupes and have it be our own section with all our info

Hey Kristina, have you checked out our new platform design? This was just released on Monday and should help with some of these customization requests! Let us know if you have any questions.

Great way to train new and current staff!

We are very grateful to have found Trainual. It has made training our employees much easier.

Pros

This platform allows new staff to do most of their new hire trainings on their own time and on a computer, phone, or tablet. We can track their progress and see when everything was completed as well as their test scores. You can make your trainings more interesting and easily highlight the most important take away message. It is very user friendly for administrator and user.

Cons

Very few cons. Any issues have been easily resolved with support staff.

Hi Stephanie! Thanks for leaving such a great review of your Trainual experience. We're delighted to hear that it's made your trainings easier and more impactful! We're also glad that our team has been able to quickly resolve any issues that might have popped up. If there is anything at all we can help with moving forward, please let us know!

Trainual is great!

Trainual, although time intensive on the front end, has been a great tool for our company to further our goal of training our employees to provide exemplary service. It has allowed us to centralize company policies and procedures and make sure they are consistent across multiple stores and managers.

Pros

-Mobile App -Ease of Use for learners -Consistent training across stores As a strongly seasonal company, trainual has allowed us to create consistency in training across stores for all of our new hires. This is our first season using it, but so far so good!

Cons

It takes a lot of time to build out all the training to begin with.

Hi Scott! Thanks for leaving such a candid review of your Trainual experience. We hear you when you say it takes time to build up front, but we're glad that it's been worthwhile and beneficial to your stores. Please let us know if there's anything at all we can assist with moving forward!

Trainual cares about their customers!

Took a bit to get going, as with any LMS, getting your outline and content in there is the longest part. Then once you get going, keep diving into the features to make your content even better. My overall experience has been really positive.

Pros

Really excited to use the Gusto integration. Trainual makes it easy to share knowledge with people on my team and get new hires up to speed, quickly. The new Google extension and search feature make it convenient for those already on-boarded, to reference a past article. They do a great job of being in communication with their customers regarding feedback and overall great customer service.

Cons

Newer software with some missing features, but the team is working to make them available and are even sharing a roadmap to let us see what features are in the pipeline.

Thanks for the review, Emily! Happy that you know about the roadmap, too. ?

Trainual is Awsome!

We needed Trainual to help with our onboarding and training processes. We love having everything in one place that can track the progress of the user. Our Onboarding process has been streamlined tremendously! Our agents now have a resource to access 24 hours a day 7 days a week when they have a question about a policy or procedure in our office. This has decreased the phone calls management receives on how to do something or where to find a document.

Pros

I love the video recording to share how to do a task. I also love that I can upload almost anything into Trainual to share with my team. It's easy to use and has helped tremendously at my office.

Cons

So far, I can't think of anything that I do not like about Trainual. It would be helpful to have more one on one time when developing our system. I feel like I'm still learning how to use the system sometimes. I wonder if I'm using it to the maximum capability.

Hi Tomaree! Thank you so much for taking the time to review Trainual. We're stoked to hear that it's helped you to completely streamline your onboarding process! If you ever need additional help to help you develop your system more, always feel free to reach out to our team and/or check out our training resources here: https://bit.ly/3uIu2LB. We're always here to help and want to make your set-up much easier!

A breeze to use and monitor progress!

I will continue to use trainual for all my future on-boarding needs. I always have support for questions. It is easy and effective.

Pros

Ease of use in posting and understanding set-up. The ability to monitor progress of team.

Cons

I wish the platform was available on an app instead of through a website and browser.

Thanks for the feedback, Mary! We do have an iOS and Android app on our product roadmap so stay tuned for exciting things to come! :) We look forward to helping you train as you continue to open in new markets. Thanks for your support!

Trainual

Great

Pros

The program is very informative . It is very hands on and easy to maneuver through

Cons

I wished it worked on Android phones . Not everyone has i-phones

Hey Violet! We love that you have found Trainual easy to use and informative! We recently released an Android app as well that is now available to all users.

Amazing for larger businesses looking to continually scale their staff

It's really cool because I can set up the policies and steps for onboarding and lead right into any necessary training or certifications right after. You can see what step they are on so you don't have to be physically present or constantly recite the same information for every orientation. You can also add some personality and culture to your materials with little videos, etc. to break up the content.

Pros

It's truly amazing that there's a software now that manages & tracks everything I used to have to do manually. No more printing hundreds of sheets of paper and spending hours at a time repeating the same policies and processes over and over. Onboarding is incredibly streamlined and employee training and certification is a breeze now.

Cons

For small businesses, you have to decide if $99 per month is within your capacity. If you do not have major staff growth needs, whether it's training or onboarding, then this may not be something worth implementing just yet. But on a larger scale, I wish I had this application years ago!

Hi Jamie! Thank you so much for leaving your review of Trainual. We are very happy to hear that we have made your processes more efficient and streamlined. If there is anything at all we can help with moving forward, please let us know!

Training with Trainual

Overall, Trainual has been great! It allows our trainees to spend some time learning about the basic process of their new roles.

Pros

Trainual allows you to create training material that could be reused since it is all in a software. We use Trainual with training new members of our team. We have already create several different training courses using this platform.

Cons

Trainual has been very useful. I do not have any negative information about it. It is very easy to use, especially if you need to update it with new materials.

Hi Paul! Thanks for your continued Trainual support. We're thrilled that it's been beneficial in training new members of your team! We're always here for questions or additional feedback.

Training Made Easy

I like that because I wish to continue growing at my company, I am able to easily access training sessions online to expand my knowledge in my field and be better equipped for any crisis I may face while in the field.

Pros

Being part of a growing business, it is highly beneficial to have something out there that can help expedite the training process. Trainual makes it easy to create tasks for new hires so that they are able to get all of the information in a compact manner. We are able to emphasize the key aspects of the job competencies and have the new case managers take tests to ensure that proper practice is being executed. It is easy to use for the user and auto saves your progress.

Cons

I have not run into any issues with using this software as a user. It was easy to use and I like that it made the training process even faster so that I could start going into the field sooner.

Thanks for the awesome review, Chris! Hopefully, your employees are using the mobile app out in the field to make life even easier.

Trainual Helped Grow Our Golf Business

Pros

The fact that we look very professional as a company in the pre-boarding process and that our new staff members get up to speed so much faster.

Cons

We are excited to see the features expand. More advanced ways to design tests and a way for the trainee to submit documents through Trainual.

Hi Leonard! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review -- We're so happy that you're loving Trainual. We'll be sure to let you know when we make updates to our testing functionality as well. ?

Property Supervisor

It makes it easy to cross train all of our staff. I love it. We use it weekly.

Pros

This product is easy to use. All of our employees are being cross trained and they are all able to easily use it.

Cons

I don't know of any features that are not working well.

Hi Marlene! Thanks for sharing your Trainual review. We love hearing that your team is using our platform on a regular basis and that it's been beneficial for your training efforts! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have additional feedback or questions.

Provides a Great Central Database For My Company

We are able to keep our company handbooks and internal resources within Trainual, which makes it easy for employees to access information and search keywords to find what they are looking for. Overall we have had a very positive experience with Trainual and the customer service.

Pros

Trainual is extremely easy to use, we were able to onboard our company hassle-free

Cons

We still have to utilize Google drives for things like photo/graphic databases, it would be great if Trainual had a better way to host and display multimedia. Also, it does look a little bit basic, but that does contribute to the ease of use. Formatting does take some work if you are copying and pasting information from a word document or PDF.

Thanks so much for the feedback, Casey! I will be sure to pass this along to our product team to discuss. We have lots on our roadmap for 2019 so stay tuned! Thanks again!

Agency Training Solution

This software has transformed the way we train our staff. We have now been able to create an intranet of videos that enable us to create a training program that helps us speed up our on boarding and ultimately improve efficiencies.

Pros

Very easy to use and learn in a short amount of time which is crucial in our industry.

Cons

I would have preferred a little more customization to fit our learning style.

Thanks for the review, Christina! You can submit any feature requests to us at trainual.com/ideas.?

Great Product and GREAT customer service

Trainual is a great software to use. We are a Marijuana Production facility and we are using this program to create all of our different brands company playbooks. It is easy to navigate and fun to use. The staff members that use the program are in awe of how easy it is to navigate, I get emails saying that the training tools(video, audio, GIF) are great, the staff loves them and is referencing them daily!

Pros

this software is user friendly, and can easily track completion rates.

Cons

Lacking design features for images, shapes, and colors.

Hi Olivia! We appreciate that you took the time to share such a thoughtful review of your Trainual experience. We're thrilled that it's been user friendly for your team, and that completion rates have been beneficial. We'll be sure to pass along your feedback about design capabilities. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have additional feedback or questions for our team!

Trainual is a life-saver!

The business problems we are solving involve capturing internal processes and getting consulting knowledge out of people's heads.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. We used a much more expensive solution previously and training on the tool was a real problem. It was hard to set up. Trainual is so easy that anyone can use it quickly (even the CEO). When I found the tool, I had one day to prepare my first module to train new consultants. I was ready with the first three hours of training by the next day and completed 15 hours of training a few days after that. It was a life-saver! I like how we can easily capture files, video, audio, processes. It is easy to organize the training as well. Our business is complex and I was desperate to get all the internal knowledge into one centralized database.

Cons

It's a little hard to organize - we have a lot of modules - to support multiple job positions and to find what you need if it is not part of your original training. I want everyone in the company to be able to see what training is available to them.

Thanks for the great review -- So happy you found a good fit in Trainual!

Great!

Pros

We love the ease of Trainual! We use it everyday and LOVE the search function!

Cons

I find it a bit hard to locate everyone's total completion and what they need to finish.

Hi Rachel! Thank you so much for leaving such kind words about Trainual. We're sp excited to hear that you're utilizing the search feature and that it's been impactful to your company! Let us know if you have additional feedback or questions for us.

Exceptional Performance and Easy to Use

We are developing training for employee onboarding, reinforcement of best practices and assigning content for coaching opportunity. This software meets every one of our development needs.

Pros

The pros of the Trainual software are genuinely to numerous to mention in one review. Moving through the Trainual Basics essentially taught me everything I needed to create my first subject. I started with a simple client connection overview and had the entire module complete in less than an hour. This included embedded video, hyperlinks, images, slide shows etc. Ease of use A+, Training A+, Quality of Support A+. This software is amazing.

Cons

Honestly one training completed and I have yet to find something i didn't like.

Thanks so much for the thoughtful review, Derek!