GoToMeeting Reviews

4.47/5 (6,120 reviews)

Buisness

Reviewed 2019-10-04

I used to GoTomeeting for buisness meeting.I can get helps and instructions easy using it.Also i can help others and give my knowledge to others.GoTomeeting provide me to join and discuss with profesionals with our things and it is low cost method.This softwere help me lot within small cost.There is no another softwere i used within these so many features.GoTomeeting is great softwere.I love this softwere and thanked for my success.Thank you.

Pros
When we doing buisness,meet other persons and discuss matters is important.It is easy now using GoTomeeting softwere.I most like feature is easy of use.Any person can use it and can easy understand about how to use it.Also GoTomeeing softwere gives so many features.Users can acces to it using any device.I can use laptop,pc and my adroid mobile to access GoToMeeting.Then i can join a meeting any time in anywhere.We can arrange a meeting with other partners in little bit of a time.It is verry importent thing to me.When my work hard i can get help and instruction from profesionals.I can deal with others directly seeing them.It is really like a meeting.So it is cost saving method and does not waste our time.Also using GoTomeeting we does not require physical room or aything.That is great.Gotomeeting gives calling,vedio calling and other features to share our ideas.Also it gives free trial for users.It is great for learn about go to meeting softwere.We can upload videos photos to softwere and all of them record in softwere.It is amazing.

Cons
When we use GoTomeeting softwere we should pay some money whatever we use it or not use it.So small company or low income buisness does not match this softwere.This softwere best for only buisness and meeting.Costomers cant use it for other works.We cant see original person physically.So other person can be wrong guy.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Arturo Moreno Moreno

Pretty good conference software

Reviewed 2019-09-21

The overall experience is really good; GTM runs flawlessly every time and it is full of options. The main con is just related to its price. However if you or your company can afford it, it is a really good option as a meeting software.

Pros
Gotomeeting is a pretty complete meeting software. It features the most common options on the majority of the meeting apps, such as allow to audo or video conferences, allow to share the screen or give control of you desktop to a participant of the meeting, record the sessions and so on. Besides that it also offers some interesting options that in my opinion give GTM an extra value. One interesting feature is that the metings may have an owner that can set different level of permissions for the participants, allowing them to re-schedule the meetings of only participate as listeners but forbidding to talk. The meetings can be scheduled without need of a calendar app, so you can have your scheduled Daily scrum meeting and just need to access GTM to attend. It also count with Google Chrome plugin and a Google Calendar integration in case you're more comfortable that way. To invite people to a meeting is also really simple. It is possible to send a regular mail invitation, but it is also possiblo to do it by sharing a url link or the meeting Id number. Besides all these features, the audio/video quality is excellent, and I've never have a problem during a meeting.

Cons
Maybe the prices are a bit excesive for what it offers, since although other options may not have that many features, they are way more cheaper than GTM and this is the reason my company drop GTM some time ago when we started using G-suite, so we migrate to google meetings.

Simeon Ruiz Romero

Easy and quality meetings

Reviewed 2019-08-20

In general I've a really good experience with GTM, the video/audio quality is remarkable, and the usability is excelent. In my humble opinion, is one of the best meeting software I've ever used.

Pros
GoToMeeting deliver in general high quality in audio and videomeetings and most important provides really quick and easy way to setup meetings with your team or any other GTM user. It has integration plugin for GCalendar, which makes really easy to setup a "conference room" for a scheduled meeting and invite multiple attendees. The recording option really save your day when there are lots of topics to follow and no time for taking notes. It also have interesting features as indicating who is talking both when you're using video and when is just an audio meeting, which at some points is also really useful when you don't actually know all the attendees. Beside this it provides also regular features as other meeting software like written chat, presenting mode, and so on. An interesting feature of GTM is the possibility for setting up a conference where the attendees are muted and only the owner of the meeting o the authorized person is able to speak, useful for conferences with lots of people; and this state can be modified at any point, for example for the Q&A section. It also provide the option of setting up recurrent meetings without the need of using google calendar, and the possibility of invite extra people by just sharing an URL or a meeting code. Overall I've never had a bad experience using GTM for daily or other kind of meetings.

Cons
The only bad experience I had with GTM is when the owner of a recurring meeting is on holiday or leave the company, was almost impossible to change the owner in order to modify the meeting or cancel it. Only contacting with the admin team solved these issues.

David Yurkovich

Solid Performance and Reliability

Reviewed 2019-08-20

I love using GoToMeeting for my team meetings. It's reliable and easy to use. We have tested out other meeting solutions including Zoom, but none compare to the ease of use found with GTM. Zoom meetings, for instance, have a much different interface, and very little is intuitive about the dashboard. Conversely, GoToMeeting's dashboard is easy to understand and follow. You can also easily change your user name within a meeting, so if you are on an informal meeting with team members you might just list your first name, whereas for a client meeting you can list your full name, title, etc.

Pros
Our organization has used GoToMeeting for many years. It is a solution that enables individuals to connect via a url to a virtual meeting. It is ideal for companies that have remote staff or staff that travel frequently and cannot physically attend a meeting. This is among GoToMeeting's best features. Other advantages include the following: 1. It's very easy to assign a permanent meeting url to your team members. This is a great feature, because nothing is more annoying than having to create new urls for meetings. With GoToMeeting, you can use the same url again and again. 2. It's very easy to assign meeting control (i.e., switch presenter) to other members in the meeting. This is especially helpful when presentations need to be shared with others. It's also a great way to perform edits to presentations in real-time with team members who are not physically next to you. 3. Users can share their web cams. We sometimes make this obligatory, as it helps to ensure that those in the meeting are actually paying attention and not multi-tasking.

Cons
You have to make sure to switch your audio depending on how you join the meeting. If you join by phone but forget to switch your GoToMeeting dashboard setting to phone audio, you (and others) will hear a loud, ongoing each until you make this switch. Ideally GoToMeeting would recognize the source from which you are joining (phone or computer audio) but since it does not do this, it's best to get into the habit of switching this manually to avoid the loud echo.

Jeffrey Thorne

GotoMeeting Video Meeting with ease

Reviewed 2019-03-03

Being able to communicate with other people in my company and the ability to have it recorded, with being able to go back and see who said what and who was suppose to do what. Just the time of not needing to take notes is wonderful. Now I just print them out and highlight the important stuff. GoToMeetings has made my business look larger than it is when I speak with very large companies. When I set up a GoToMeeting with them they are very impressed. It also gives me the opportunity to demonstrate our products. It's so much better than having them go to YouTube to watch a video. At GoToMeeting I demonstrate and then they can ask questions there "real time." If they want me to change a parameter, I can do that, right then, "real time." So my experience over all is wonderful.

Pros
The people at GoToMeeting have made putting a meeting together simple and easy. I have used their product since it came out on the market. There are Individual mode where the video is on one person and everyone else is watching or you can place it in a group mode where you can see the faces of others in the meeting. No need to take notes GoToMeeting will record your meeting and transcribe it for you, then if you have items that were shown in a prsentation to them you can go back and make links they can go to. Meetings can be only one person speaking or it can be interactive with the presenter controlling who speaks when. The people at GoToMeeting are always one step ahead and the communication market evolves. You can watch, listen and speak through your computer or you can still call into an 800 number. I can't say enough about how easy it is to use the software, it only took me about an hour to review the features and felt comfortable that I could operate the software. They are a;ways coming up with new features.

Cons
Cons? What cons? I have to say I know nothing that would be a limiting factor except maybe the number of people you can view, but how many people can you really view on one screen. No honestly I would reccomend this to a business of two people that are in different locations to communicate back and forth as it records your meeting and transcribes it. So, no I have no con's

Samridh Shrestha

Virtual Meeting with Goto Meeting

Reviewed 2019-02-01

I use this software almost on a daily basis to communicate with team members that are not situated in the same geographical location. It is the company wide go to software for all and it does make connecting with virtual teams much simpler. I think there is something for everyone in this software and it will only get better with time.

Pros
This software is extremely helpful when you are working with a team that is either located in different states domestically or different countries internationally. It is an online platform and browser based so pretty much very very easy to get started. Just setup a account, open browser, go to their website and log in. The software has made useful features but the ones that I have used and like the most are, - Setup Recurring meetings (so I don't have to go back and do it over and over again) - Switch between presenters (you can give authority to other participants and let them share their screen) - Give authority for keyboard and mouse (they can control your screen from their end which at times has been life saver for me) - Very easy to user user interface (All options are right there on the goto window and it can be either maximized or minimized) - Says who is speaking (When you hear a voice you can see on the bottom of the screen who is speaking at the moment) - Can have lot of participants ( I scratch the surface for number of attendees I can have during the meeting.) - Webcam option (Yes you can choose to enable disable webcam so others can see you) - Chat option (if you can't hear someone type a message on chat and see if they respond back) - Record (I haven't used this feature but i bet it would come handy when you do a massive presentation and not everyone can attend but you want them to see what they missed) I think it should satisfy most people and companies needs

Cons
I have had many issues with this software. Some few times I have ran into these situations - I cannot hear the other person though I see them online - If I start meeting before the scheduled time it acts weird

Bonnie Miller

I LOVE GTM!! (GoToMeeting)

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-09-19

I love GoToMeeting (GTM)! I teach online and hold live chats sometimes 3 nights a week. I have to sometimes use another program, and at times when it doesn’t work I have quickly jusmped on GTM and it ‘saves the day” every time! I love the new TRANSCRIPTION feature too! And so do my students. Granted it isn’t perfect, but what speech-to-text feature is? I make sure to use GTM and introduce it to my students at least once per course. The following week I will switch back to the other program, and then I let my students vote on which program they’d prefer to use the following week – GTM wins every time! I have used other online VOI chat tools, but they seem to keep changing?! They "think" they're making improvements, but take away such a valuable feature as being able to share the moderator's entire screen?! Why?! Either that or their newer version cannot “handle” sharing the entire screen and errors out showing the same screen over and over again in a trail of overlapping screens that run off into infinity. GTM is just easier to use! Inviting attendees is even easy – just set up a future meeting and the email invitation is created for you! Easy peasy! I just took a another look at it again and played around with resizing and moving the feature windows and I even found something else about it that I didn't know before...so now I love it even more!

Pros
Being able to quickly and easily show my online students what I am doing, by sharing my entire screen/desktop, on my computer is so important! SHARING MY ENTIRE SCREEN regardless of which program I am using, or switching to, and to also have them see the pop-up or embedded windows (like scroll over Alt tags or edit menus & windows) is a must! Another program (that I will not name) recently changed that specific feature so if the moderator shares the entire screen an infinite trail of windows appears and no one can see a thing. I'll choose go to meeting every time if I have the choice between the two! Don't get me wrong - GTM does allow you to also share only one specific application/program at a time IF that is what you would prefer to do. I just need/prefer to share my entire screen.

Cons
Honestly, the only thing I can think of is I wish GTM would allow the attendees to "raise their hands" to let me know they have questions, or that I have missed a text/typed question. Either that or just give them an icon that can be clicked on that rings a bells in my ear so that I know to pause and/or ask the viewers to type their question again. I can understand that some moderators might not want to allow such interruptions during a presentation, or during a specific time, but giving the moderator an ON/OFF option for it would work for everyone! The little icon/button could be placed right next to the MIC controls on the Attendees pane.

Garin Hess

Solid and everywhere but could be improved

Reviewed 2017-10-05

Pros
This is very well designed software for remote meetings with audio, video, and screen sharing. I also love the companion product GoToWebinar that I've used for many webinars over the last several years. GoToMeeting has gained such good adoption that it has integrations everywhere with tools like Google Calendar, Chrome, Zapier, and others. We used GoToMeeting for years for internal meetings, sales calls--basically any meeting with remote participants. I've even used it to pull church members into my Sunday School class on weekends that are homebound because of illness. I like how you can create a persistent link that you can go to every time rather than having to set up a new link for every meeting. Just be careful if you're having back to back meetings with the same link--otherwise, you get the next audience showing up at the tail end of the current meeting. I solved that by creating two persistent links and alternating them when I have back to back meetings. Price is right. When purchasing multiple licenses you can get the price down. It's also very stable in almost every environment including mobile meetings so you can participate in meetings on the go. It requires a simple install that I've never had anyone have a problem with.

Cons
It takes more bandwidth than competitors like Zoom.us for similar functionality. Chat is limited to chatting within the meeting rather than creating chat rooms inside your company for teams to collaborate on then hop on a remote meeting. It's meant to be used every time you want to meet rather than an ongoing collaboration tool all of the time. I think they could learn something from Zoom about this.

Momoko Tansayni

The best platform for online meeting

Reviewed 2019-10-02

I think it's a great essential service to all companies for smooth and fast communication, especially when staff are over the place in different cities, so having this service helps bring everyone together despite the distances.

Pros
Simple navigation, ease of invitation to join the meeting, and simple layout. I appreciate how fast and smooth the program is and how easy it is to teach my staffs how to create and join meetings. People are able to type in the chat during the meeting if they are too shy to speak, or people can just join the convo whenever. I like how it also shows you which microphone belongs to which users when they are speaking so I know who is speaking. I also like how you can share your screen, which is the most important meet of the meeting for me in order to present my slides for training and promos.

Cons
I was hoping there would be a function where I can send reminders out an hour or two before the meeting just so my staff don't forget about the meeting. I know this is the staff's responsibilities, but having a push function could be handy, too.

David Woodley

When your remote meetings need more than video

Reviewed 2018-12-20

We love GoToMeeting because it's mostly simple and straightforward. Support for the product is great. Every issue we had was answered within minutes of our call. The pricing is adequate considering how many participants you can have on each meeting. Overall, I recommend GoToMeeting as gold standard right up there with WebEx and JoinMe. GoToMeeting is in my opinion more reliable and has easier setup.

Pros
GoToMeeting is a staple service at my organization. We used Google Hangouts for simple video and screen sharing sessions, but GoToMeeting presents a more full-featured and polished product. This is essential for things like Board or executive level meetings where interactive white boards and the ability to shift who the presenter is are essential. GoToMeeting has native apps for Mac, PC, Android, and iOS. This is crucial for BYOD organizations or organizations that rely on volunteers. Features like whiteboard make it very easy to share and visualize ideas as they evolve. Having the ability to change who the presenter is and giving that person "remote control" of the meeting is also hassle free.

Cons
The look and feel of the service is not the same across all platforms. This makes it difficult to explain functionality to users when starting a meeting or if you need to give instructions on the fly. If you are on a Mac and the other person is on a PC and you are trying to remember how to hand off controls and can't remember how on the other platform, this is a real impediment to getting things done.

John Masciandaro

Collaboration at its best!

Reviewed 2019-09-12

With GoToMeeting we solve the problem of having team members be in different locations at the same time. Our team needs the full features of Microsoft Office and cannot use collaborative solutions such as Google Sheets when we are working on client deliverables.

Pros
GoToMeeting allows me and my colleagues to collaborate and work together on complicated spreadsheets. It allows us to conduct internal meetings and even conduct client meetings with those who are out of state. We now even have an international client and it would be exceedingly difficult to give him a presentation without GoToMeeting. We use this tool every single day.

Cons
The Google Chrome extension is not quite as robust as the desktop version of the application. For example, we are unable to change the presenter for those using the Chrome extension and not able to obtain keyboard and mouse control. This is not a big deal but would be nice for those such as clients who do not need the desktop application but want to install the Chrome extension for convenience.

Goto Meeting Daily user

Reviewed 2019-10-31

Over it work great and been the bone for our dIaily meetings with screen share and easy to work.

Pros
I have used it for my daily meetings and it works great, recoding of meetings can be used later and can be in mp4 format , even i can pause the recordings in between the meetings and resume it as and when required

Cons
Bridge numbers are local, country specific if it can tollfree and if people from other country could join dialing local Numbers from their phone?

David P

Great screenshare and more, but can be a little slow to load

Reviewed 2019-11-12

Really great tool. I like the sharing options and once it's loaded, it can be very fast. It has a great reputation and I've never had to use the support.

Pros
It's one of the best screensharing and meeting tools. Most people are familiar with it and have the launcher already downloaded.

Cons
It can be slow to load. I have some issues where it prompts me to download even though I already have it downloaded.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Anonymous

The best video calling service.

Reviewed 2019-07-31

With the help of this software now I am able to work even when I am not physically present. This makes my job very easy. And I have suggested this software to many of ny clients they also seems to be liking this tool. Honestly I am very satisfied on its features. I would highly recommend this to everyone who does international business.

Pros
Gotomeeting is a great tool for having online conferences and classes. I started using this software less than a year but within this short period of time I am quiet impressed by its uninterrupted video call services. Even I use this software to have one and one client discussions too. It has a facility to share the screen so that I can show the progress of the project to the client easily. It doesn't requires much technical knowledge and support. And the user interface is also pretty awesome. I have never done a massive conference so far. My maximum number of participants will be 10-15 people within this range this software functions pretty well. Unlike other video calling softwares here we dont need to create an invite link all the time, we can use the same link to get in over and over again. And also the video resolution and audio clarity is very good. For the future reference you can record the meetings as well.

Cons
According to me there is no cons regarding this software. I hope to see many exciting features to come up in the future.

Gordon W Higelmire, M.S.

A recognizable name, but basic features can be found elsewhere

Reviewed 2019-02-20

The business problem we solve with GoToMeeting is simple: we needed a solution that any of our external clients can easily access and join meetings with our teams from any device they might have. We wanted a solution which gives us and our clients a familiar feature set along with easy to use controls so we don't need to worry about spending parts of meetings waiting for people to install complex software just to join a simple meeting.

Pros
Being one of the biggest names in collaboration software, GoToMeeting's biggest advantage is that so many people are familiar with it, you don't have to worry much about encountering someone that doesn't know how to join or call into a meeting. There are some great features they have in the product that don't exist in any other platform, like sharing your entire mobile device's screen with a meeting in order to demonstrate a mobile app. On the off-chance you have a meeting with someone who has never used GoToMeeting before, the set up is simple and can usually be done in an unobtrusive way that doesn't run afoul with IT groups.

Cons
I don't like the pricing model. It's an extremely robust product, but more often I find myself leveraging similar, albeit much more simple, functionality built into other tools to get much of the same result for internal meetings. For example, if I need to call a snap meeting with my team, rather than ask everyone to join my GoToMeeting, I simply start a call within our (paid) Slack channel and we don't need to worry about tying up the account for anyone else who might need to use it. For setting up a conference line, there are other more affordable solutions (sometimes free ones if you don't mind stability issues) on the marker which can accomplish this goal.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

PATTI MACKINNON

TECHNOLOGY HELPING BUSINESS'S GROW

Reviewed 2019-08-19

I feel this is a must for every business big or small. Very convenient and user friendly. Great audio and visual quality. Trying to convince senior leadership to obtain a more Join a Meeting conference numbers. This will maximize productivity and cut down on face to face meetings that tend to get lengthy and get side tracked.

Pros
I find this software to be widely used and is very easy to operate. This software make the miles in between you and your client seem null. Very clear audio and great that you can share the screen and even give control to a participant.

Cons
If I had to say anything negative I would say that when a participant joins the meeting others can see who joined but maybe it can be improved so you don't hear everyone speaking at once when they join at the same time

Anonymous

Great tool to having meetings with people all over the world anytime.

Reviewed 2018-09-13

I use GoToMeeting on a regular basis to have meetings with coworkers and colleagues and it is mostly flawless for those purposes. Meetings sometimes get delayed due to someone having an audio or other connection issue but not often enough for it to be a big problem. One of the most valuable uses is for remote presentations. We hold conferences and judging events where the presenter is unable to be there in person so using GoToMeeting, they are able to present their PowerPoints and interact with the audience in real time almost as seamlessly as if they were there. My biggest recommendation is to always test important meetings and presentations where time and presentation are important factors with the actual connections and computers that will be used at the time of the actual meeting.

Pros
It is very easy to schedule meetings, alert participants and add meetings to your calendar. Once meetings are started, there is a useful tool that helps you make sure your audio and video connections are working properly. It is great that there is an option for using computer audio or calling in over the phone. Almost everyone in the business world if familiar with using this software and it seems to have compatibility across the board with all the computers I've used. The ability to allow any participant to become the presenter and share their screen is extremely valuable.

Cons
Sometimes, even with the audio/video tool, I've run into issues that take a while to figure out. There might be a setting to turn it off but when you have back to back meetings, one meeting could be interrupted with a loud alert for the next one. Obviously, as an internet based tool, it is only as good as your connection so audio and video quality could suffer significantly with slower connections.

Elizabeth Escoffery

Go To Meeting serves my fertility and childbirth coaching practice well

Reviewed 2019-07-21

I am able to meet with my clients virtually which helps geography, illness, and winter weather not be as big of an issue. I am glad that it integrates with Acuity, another software system that I use.

Pros
I am grateful that this software allows me to securely speak to potential and current clients of my programs. I like how interactive it is in allowing me to screen share and even manipulate the screen (pointing/drawing) so it is an interactive experience.

Cons
Once in awhile there are slight malfunctions with audio or video, but these don't tend to last long.

Sarah Ager

Easy to use and works well with Gong!

Reviewed 2019-08-21

I've used WebEx, Join.Me and GoToMeeting for work. GoToMeeting is by far the easiest and has the fewest issues when customers or myself are trying to log in. Watching back my call recordings, it's not pixelated or laggy which is amazing! It helps me provide a quality call with my customers and prospects.

Pros
What I like the most about GoToMeeting is the ease of use. It's easy for my customers to join my meeting and easy for me to provide them a recording after. It's also nice that I can pass the presenter role to others on my team or to the customer if they need to show me something.

Cons
There's been a couple issues where my customers haven't been able to log into the GoToMeeting link and that's been a challenge. Overall, it's worked about 99% of the time.

Paige Edwards-Werhan

In my previous customer service role, I conducted daily webinars with small groups via GoToMeeting.

Reviewed 2018-06-21

Pros
I appreciated the ease in which I could schedule a GoToMeeting and provide attendees with the link to attend. I was able to easily access that link again if I needed to remind participants of how to access the meeting. During the implementation of the meeting, participants receive an intro tutorial on how to setup their audio, etc. As I was aware of the information they were receiving, I would often type in the chat box and reiterate verbally what they would need to do to access their own speaker and more. It is valuable to be able to record the session via GoToMeeting and send that file to participants as a follow-up.

Cons
It is good to be mindful that your computer's updates can conflict with GoToMeeting's function. When my computer conducted certain updates, the volume on GoToMeeting would work for a minute or two during the beginning of the session and then it would stop working. So, if you incur an issue with GoToMeeting, keep in mind it could be something external to the actual software. It also takes a sequence of steps to be able to show attendees a recording during your session--the audio settings must be changed to allow for audio to be heard from the recording rather from your microphone.

Jahangir Alam

Click and start your meeting!!!

Reviewed 2018-09-24

My CEO and other HOD's always prefer to use Goto meeting to make the external meeting due to easy connect feature and external participant doesn't need to register. Also, all interview candidate, one to one external meetings are pretty flexible via Goto meeting. But for group meeting like internal including customize feature is not availale to this platform. Overall it has a significant value till now to my company to particular type of conference. I do personally use especially when I need to connect remote people where internet connection is very poor and the y can join via dialing .

Pros
1. A simple sign feature & sync with your calendar 2. Once you are signed in, share the code with the link or share the number including meeting code. 3. No hassle to join in if you have an invitation even no need to register. PC or Phone whatever you can join 4. If Internet speed is good than very clear voice and even HD service. 5. Due to easy to connect without register, employees love this platform

Cons
1. Sometimes, I found at least 2/3 times its logging into account due to an unknown error 2. One I call the customer support their solution is not working sometimes. Means it has some bugs 3. UberConference, Google meet, and other available online apps have the easy feature which is similar to Goto Meeting. Like customization for own company.

Cal Tingey

Makes Training via the Internet Easy

Reviewed 2018-01-06

I am solving the business problem of training remote users without having to be in the same room. Gotomeeting allows me to do this very well. And, as I mentioned, it allows me to see their screen and/or their video camera while we are on the Gotomeeting. This allows for immediate problem solving and clarification of issues.

Pros
What I like best is that on the Gotomeeting dashboard I can see exactly what the other people see, so I know if my screen is not refreshing or if, when I use two screens, I'm accidently sharing the wrong screen. I like that Gotomeeting can be viewed on a cell phone. This allows some of my viewers to watch the training or join a meeting from their phone rather than having to be tied to a computer or tablet. I think the feature that allows me to make someone else a presenter while our meeting is going is super important because this means if there is a concept a participant doesn't understand or thinks is not working correctly on their end I can immediately make them a presenter and see their computer screen. This allows me to correct their actions, because I can see exactly what is happening on their end.

Cons
I dislike that Gotomeeting looks differently on Explorer than it does on Chrome. But it does work on both.

Shikha Verma

GoTo Meeting-Your GoTo Idea for all conferences and meetings

Reviewed 2019-03-18

The overall experience has been fine so far but they can improve on certain things to make it better as there are other competitors in the market.

Pros
GoTo Meeting is an online platform which provides the facility of virtual meeting with your offshore team, client and vendors. It is an extremely beneficial and easy to use tool for communication. I have been using this tool for almost 2.5 years now to communicate with my vendors and clients. It creates a seamless platform for presentation to the team who is situated offshore. There is no limit to the number of participants and you have the ability to switch between the presenters anytime. You can move the control tab (with option to present, mute and webcam) to the left or right side of your screen, basically as per your convenience. It highlights the icon of the person who is speaking while presenting. It also provide an option to chat and write any important query in the middle of the meeting. It also lets you record your meetings

Cons
Being a virtual conference/meeting software, it's imperative that the audio and video option is fluent. Sometimes, there are audio issues when the number of presenters are more. The customer support team is little slow and sometimes the person on the other end is not aware of the issues and results in delay in response to a query. There are other options available in the market which are comparatively easy to use. You have to be really verse with the software in order to use to efficiently. Someone who is not tech savvy would find it little difficult to operate.

Eric Techo

Online Meeting/Conference Call Superstar

Reviewed 2019-07-18

The biggest business problem we solve with GotoMeeting is handling support issues. Very easy to show examples instead of trying to write an explanation of the issue.

Pros
GotoMeeting is very easy to use. Even the most inept technology user can utilize GotoMeeting efficiently. We use it for all meetings, it is very cost conscious and our sales team loves it. I also work with several vendors and their support teams. It is so beneficial to be able to show something you would have to write a book to describe.

Cons
I think if the price came down a little, I think your customer base would increase especially for smaller organizations. I have had to defend our bill several times to the executive team.

Anonymous

Slightly out of date, but still a great video conference tool

Reviewed 2018-12-06

It's reliable, it allows me to share any type of file, and the device works with any type of web browser (on any device). GoToMeeting not only simplified video conferencing, it enhanced it. This was particularly true for presentations, which were often clunky because I would need to email the powerpoint file separately from the video conference call- so this centralized the whole process as a one-stop shop.

Pros
GoToMeeting is a great program in a professional setting for a number of reasons. For starters, video conferences are easy to create and organize with shareable links that can be added to calendars (with reminders) at the click of a button. Then factor in that GoToMeeting is accessible with PCs, tablets and smartphones, and it makes organizing meetings so easy that it becomes a go-to program. Finally, creating and delivering presentations with the program is so easy and good that I end up inventing reasons to use the program for every meeting- and turning as many meetings as I can into video conferences.

Cons
Aside for the occasional lapses in audio quality, lag times and glitches, the chat function is not as easy to use as it should be. Meetings also can't be recorded (at least not with the most recent free version). And it is expensive.