All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

GoToConnect Reviews

Pros

Really great mobile integration to make for a seamless transition from your work location to transit/home. This helps us stay connected, manage contacts and most importantly save money.

Read the full review
It is great solution, easy to user, with great "Youtube" tutorial How-to videos. I would recomend it for companies that have distributed locations that require VoIP solution.

Emir O.

Read the full review
Its a good service for the price. I like the phone they provided.

Harvey F.

Read the full review

Cons

I have never been so dissatisfied with a company in my life. The customer service is the worse.

Monica C.

Read the full review
Overall experience with Jive has been horrible. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemies.

Travis S.

Read the full review
Jive was the worst decision we could have ever made as a company. They are dishonest, rude, and tried to double bill us at the end.

David F.

Poor integration with HubSpot

Jive Voice Value is Value

The best business decision I ever made

The one thing I don't have to worry about in my office is the phone service. The phones are there and the call flow helps my business run smoothly.

Pros

This software is easy to use even for a novice like me. This system is able to grow with my company and I can make the necessary adjustments myself with ease. If I do ever run into a situation that I have trouble with (all centered around my being close to a Luddite) the customer service department is quick to contact and ready to help. They have been understanding and helpful and supportive all the way. I can't say enough about how great this service is.

Cons

Sometimes the time on the phone changes to the wrong time. I don't know if that is something I am doing on my end or a glitch in the phones. If it ever bothers me I call and the tech department can fix it for me. They tend to change again later though.

Excellent VOIP Service!

I did a lot of comparison shopping when selecting a VOIP provider for my business. There are a number of reputable companies out there and they all offer similar features. Jive edged out the competition in pricing, and since the feature set they offered was equally as robust as the competitors, I went with them and have not been disappointed. Our needs are basic, but it's really nice to know that as our needs expand, the infrastructure at Jive will easily accommodate our most detailed needs.

Pros

When our company moved away from a larger parent company, we had to find our own phone solution. We have offices spread across the country, so rather than use a cable-TV bundle or something similar, I knew a feature-filled VOIP service was a must. While others offer similar features, I needed a company that I could count on to hold my hand through the technical end of the setup because we are too small...

Cons

I suppose you could say I'm tech "savvy", but I'm not an engineer. For someone like myself who had never set up a VOIP system before, it was a bit intimidating to sift through the online guides to figure out what gear we needed, how it should be configured, and that sort of thing. While much of this documentation did exist on their web site, a beginner's tutorial that was more comprehensive would have...

GoTo Connect to Your Clientele

GoToConnect is easy enough to integrate and use that I feel almost anyone can use it. I enjoyed launching it and training my team on it and got a lot of feedback from them as well about how functional it was for them.

Pros

GoTo Connect was easy for our remote team to all download on their computers and use at home. Due to Covid we went mobile with very little notice. This program was easy for our team to learn to use to make calls, create voicemails, manage call backs, etc. It was also easy for our leads and supervisors to monitor activity and follow up on our teams performance. We could control turning lines on and off easily.

Cons

Make it easier to transfer calls so that 3-way calls can be done and any party can drop off without the call ending.

It works, but not well, and it has such great potential.

Jive allows us to have multiple company phone numbers and extensions without the need for landlines or phones. It allows employees to receive work calls on their personal cell phone, so they don't have to carry two phones to have a company number. Employees can make outgoing calls through the app without revealing their personal number to the recipient. The admin portal is pretty straightforward and easy to use, but also has tons of features. Overall, this product would be amazing if the app were faster and didn't crash all the time, and if calls made through the app were more reliable.

Pros

It's cheap. This provided a cost saving solution to our communications needs. It also allows us to assign phone numbers to employees' personal cell phones without using their personal data or phone usage. It can be used with or without landlines. Phone numbers and ring plans are easy to set up, and multiple phones can be rung at the same number.

Cons

The app is slow and takes a long time to switch screens and load data. It crashes often, and nearly always experiences some type of error that requires me to wait for the app to respond or close the app. The crashes don't affect phone calls, but seem to only affect my ability to access data such as recent calls, contacts, etc. Even when it crashes, I still receive calls. Sometimes calls made or received...

Ain't no Jive

The customer service dept walked us through the entire process, "holding our hands" until we were up and running, even better than before!

Pros

Seamless integration. We switched from another service to Jive, the service is smooth and has great connectivity. Our voicemail settings and others switched with us.

Cons

It took about a month. We had to wait for our numbers to be transferred and sometimes calls wouldn't come through as they had. In the end it all worked out.

Current Jive User

We feel as though we have made a great move by switching over to Jive. We would definitely do it again if we had to do it over.

Pros

The software has MUCH better quality than our past software. The clarity and connection is much crisper and cleaner and the the down time is almost none. We are very happy with our change over to Jive. The on-boarding support team was very good too.

Cons

There is not much we do not like about this software. Everything has been great since we took on Jive. The only thing we can possibly point out is the on-boarding support team was good but it did take us a while to port all of our numbers over.

Should Have Switched A LONG Time Ago

100% amazing

Pros

I cannot say this enough - by switching to Jive we are saving THOUSANDS a year. Not only are we saving an enormous amount of money, we have brand new phones and features we never thought were possible. It's like our practice finally moved up in to the 21st century.

Cons

The online portal was a little confusing when we first started. We had to have our IT team set it up for us.

Buggy software with horrible support

Pros

GoToMeeting is bundled with the software, and it actually works as intended. That's the only positive thing I have to say about Jive

Cons

Everything. The desktop app UI was buggy. Audio was frequently missing on one or both sides of the call. Audio quality itself was hit or miss. We were told we had a 30 day money back guarantee, and Jive is still fighting to keep us in a contract. One of their representatives told our MSP that if Jive let everyone who had issues with the software cancel their contract they wouldn't have any customers. Instead of fixing the issues like any reasonable company they opt to try strong arming you into paying for a terrible product. The "money back guarantee" isn't so much a guarantee as it is a "we'll give you your money back if we feel like it, which we probably won't" clause.

Best VoIP!

Great! Best VoIP solution on the market! integration with their video conferencing solution is currently free. They are always upgrading and imporving. Full of features to meet the growing small business.

Pros

Full of features of a full PBX system. call parking, and auto answer are great features. Also the call routing. wide range of options. Large selection of harware and phone options. Great for any size business. We are not a very big company but as we grow so does our phone usage and Jive can expand easily to more extensions, etc. Jive mobile app is included free, and you can have calls forwarded to your cell phone.

Cons

No real cons. Could have more walk through setup wizards that could setup things for you. It can get confusing when you have a large system and need to make changes.

Reliable softphone app

I would recommend GoToConnect as a reliable soft phone app. I have not had any issues with using the applications.

Pros

GoToConnect has been super helpful since I have been away from my office phone for months. The app is easy to use over WiFi. I use the app on both my laptop and phone and they are both reliable for answer calls and checking voicemails.

Cons

I wish that the do not disturb settings had more options instead of simply on/off. If I am on vacation for an extended period I will turn off notifications on my phone; but it would be helpful to set the notifications based on time of day. I frequently receive calls outside of office hours and wish that it did not disrupt me when I am using my phone for personal use.

Everything we wanted from a phone system and more

Moving to GoToConnect just before COVID lockdowns was a godsend. The ability to have staff work from home was a huge help. While the onboarding process was intense, GTC staff were there at every step to help. And the customer support ever since, at every step and for every issue, has been fantastic. My favorite fact is that I have yet to be transferred to another associate when I call in. Every representative has been able to resolve my issue every time.

Pros

First off, GoToConnect is simply a great product. It does what it does well and without issue. We were initially nervous about moving to VOIP out of fear of poor call quality but after a year of use, that has not been a problem. GTC offers incredible flexibility for product utilization. We can design plans where the phones in certain rooms only ring at certain times. There are options to adjust the...

Cons

The onboarding process was lengthy, complicated and intense. Switching from a standard wired phone system to a VOIP system is a big switch for any company but especially for one without a real IT department. GoToConnect offers more features and capabilities than we can even understand or utilize. At times, the sheer number of opportunities can become paralyzing. The one "feature" we still struggle with is placing a call on hold, answering another call and then switching between the two. On a "old school" system with a hold button and blinking lights for each line, that process was second nature for those of us with a few years of that process. Moving to a VOIP where you don't really have "lines" is still tripping us up.

Never Missing A Call

Our overall experience with Jive Voice has been an outstanding one. We are a seasonal business and with our prior provider it was a big hassle to turn off lines in the off season. With Jive it was as simple as 1, 2, 3,. We now have a general voicemail box and each desk has its own voicemail box. If one office is extremely busy we can route the calls to another office without having to add another...

Pros

Our Company has been using Jive Voice for 2 years now and everyday we learn something new about the system that has helped to make our customer service more effective. This year we started using Jive's Mobile feature. The mobile feature allows us to never miss a call. With this feature you have total control. you can set for do not disturb, or choose to have instant notifications. The best feature is that when I call back from my cell phone caller ID shows the business number instead of my cell number. I can also send a text message from my phone again not revealing my actual cell number. I no longer need two separate phones.

Cons

The only thing I like least about this software is that I have not had the time to explore all of the wonderful options available to our company. I am sure I could request to have a representative come out and explain more in depth about the system. Jive also has great tutorial videos available.

Great Software in the Making

It's been great. The company seems to be on top of things and they're definitely innovating and taking all the right steps to become one of the leading (well, they already are) communications services available!

Pros

Very user-friendly and easy to navigate. Calls are clear (as long as you have enough bandwidth to ensure the packets are getting to their destination properly) and it has various options for being able to log in and use your ext/line (ie. web, mobile, VOIP). Customer service is very good. That's honestly one of the reasons I rated it so high. If there's ever an issue their support staff is knowledgeable and pleasant to work with. I've never had to wait more than 3-5 minutes for my call to be answered. If the issue is out of their experience, they move it up to another tier until it gets resolved. They follow up until everything is completely taken care of.

Cons

The mobile app is still finicky at times. Quality has improved a lot over the past several months (and years) and it cuts out the call randomly, but it's not near as bad as it was. Jive also doesn't have a super comprehensive reporting system. Don't get me wrong, it has good reports that are easy to view, but we are needing some more details for our call-tracking and it's difficult to decipher and...

Using Jive Communications PBX as a small business Solution

Our church was on the lookout for a PBX solution. One of the challenges we found was that many of our staff were out in the field so often there would be no one to answer the church phone. The other challenge we faced is we did not want to be paying a huge monthly fee because we work with a lot of low-income people and did not have a lot of money to spend on a solution. After talking with a person...

Pros

* Very reasonable cost. * Great Customer Service * Free virtual extensions (forwarding to mobile phones) * Easy to use web interface. * Good voice quality

Cons

* Some issues with billing (but they got that sorted out) * Fax service is not as easy to use. * Slower delivery with phones (but that was due to a glitch in their system)

The Customer Service Is Outstanding!

It has been amazing! Again, we have never had any of the issues with dropped calls or static on the line that we have had with other VOIP companies.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is it doesn't malfunction or break! We have been with other VOIP companies and have experienced dropped calls, static, silence, etc as the norm. But not with Jive! I have never had a dropped call or an issue with static. The only time I have ever had to call in to tech support was when I needed help setting something up. My wait time to speak with someone has always been less than 3 minutes, each tech support agent is equally knowledgeable and if I couldn't figure out how to do what they were suggesting, they would log on to my computer and show me how to do it. I love this company!

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software. I have never had any issues and Jive makes my life easier as I don't have to deal with phone issues. If the phones are down, it is a major issue for our company.

Jive - highly recommended!

We have been Jive customers for more than 3 years now. I am not always accepting of changes, so I was not very happy when I had to learn how to use the new phone--but boy am I glad now that my boss made the decision to switch to Jive's VoIP phone system solution. We have different phones, but the one I like the most is the one that works just like my cell--it has a touch screen and it is so easy to use.

Pros

Jive is very customizable! You can make changes on the fly; you can access the system on your desk phone, your cell phone or even your computer. I like how you can go into the portal and change the dial plan, close the office and temporarily forward phone calls to another line or office, then revert it back to normal--all with relative ease. I also like how you get so many features that are included -- they don't nickel and dime for each thing! One more thing I like is the presence monitoring on the phones, I can see on my phone screen if one of my coworkers is on a call so I know if I should transfer the caller or just send them to voice mail.

Cons

Faxing is limited to 5 pages or less. However, now that I think about that, I hardly get any faxes anymore because people simply send me PDFs instead.

Jive has been a great add to my business. Does what I need, how I need it, at a reasonable price.

Pros

I like that Jive is completely customizable and intuitive, and we can alter and edit our call routing and auto-attendant services, etc. ourselves, without needing to get customer support involved. That's awesome. I looked around at a slew of providers and went with Jive. I've been very happy with the decision. Jive does everything that I need, and does it well. And they don't nickle & dime you on features -- their standard pricing includes a lot for the money. I've also been very impressed with the sound quality too. Their up-time has been stellar as well. I also like how responsive their support is too. On the very few occasions that I've had a question or needed to know how do something, they've been readily available.

Cons

Surprisingly, nothing quickly jumps to mind. Virtually the only minor thing that I could see Jive altering, is to perhaps include some other options for the storage of recordings. Right now, recording capabilities require linkage with an Amazon AWS account. It would be nice to have some additional options, like perhaps within Jive itself, or on Google Drive, locally stored, etc.

Telecommunications Done Right, Even in the Worst of Situations

During the recent fires in Southern California, our offices were forced to evacuate for nearly a week. With the Jive service, we were able to continue to work from where-ever we were, even when evacuated as well from our own homes. We did not have to be concerned that we would lose that connection even if our offices were destroyed (fortunately not), as everything was controlled offsite by Jive. We have been with Jive for the last 6 years as they have grown, and we could not be happier.

Pros

The Integration with all of our devices (cell phones, desktop computers, web browsers, and of course desk telephones) for seamless usage in and out of the office, meaning we are never out of touch with our customers and each other. Complete control of how calls are routed to meet our needs through a simple interface, one that makes it easy to understand how those calls will be routed. Feature rich services without charges for things that go above and beyond what you would expect, such as the free in-house conference calling.

Cons

My only complaint is the inability to set a distinct ringtone for calls coming in from the Jive mobile apps so that I know when a call is coming from "my desk" or direct to my cell phone.

GoToConnect (Jive)

Great! They are the best value for the money without the big price tag

Pros

We have been a customer since before GoToConnect bought them out. Customer service is one of my very favorite reasons why we are still with them. We have some unique deployment features we needed and Jive was able to accommodate almost all of them

Cons

International dialing. If you dial a lot of international numbers, there are a few countries that are banned and you have to ask for special circumstances to release those countries

Chief Clerk

We are managing individual productivity better with the monitoring capabilities Jive offers and the reassurance and reliability of record keeping and management of incoming and outgoing calls has been a terrific safety net with customers. Customer service/tech support is perhaps the absolute best feature of the service. The technicians are outstanding, knowledgeable, friendly and professional and always...

Pros

It has features which are very useful. 1. Monitoring individual user time and calls 2. Complete lists of incoming and outgoing calls to particular numbers 3. The easy ability to change the ring group from the receptionist to all users 4. Regular service updates on service issues

Cons

Nothing. It is exactly what we need and want

Client review

I can't think of a company I have used in the past decade on my phone service that has been as responsive as Jive. They are not perfect and stuff happens, but they will double their efforts to make sure it is corrected and they will follow up with you so you are not left in the dark. As far as just asking for directions on the setup and using the interface for daily login info, it is quite easy. They are an outstanding company for service, support and product, what a great combination.

Pros

I have been with the service prior to Jive buying out the previous company. I can tell you the improvements to software and interface has been upgraded to a very high level, you can see the flow on setting call sequences and ring groups. I have need help on items and even a recent phone purchase and porting over a number. Let me tell you this team is great, I had them provision the new phone and set...

Cons

There is a lot you can do and the down side is if you do not use it everyday, as when your are setup thing just run. So, when you do need to add or change something it is a learning curve as I only need to address the software once or twice a year. I am discussing the setup software, the actual login user interface is quite easy to use, I do use that more often and it make life simpler.

5yrs and still satisified

substantial cost savings year over year with fully administrative capability. If you want to perform much of the admin yourself (I do!) the incredibly robust capabilities make it possible to create a system that rivals far more expensive large scale corporate phone solutions.

Pros

feature rich for an exceptionally affordable service. allows a SMB to leverage capabilities that simulate larger scale company profiles. Positive interaction with reps and developers allows for valued evolution of the product to maintain pace with industry advancements. For a telecom background admin, the platform provides robust capabilities but rabbit holes are also a danger! Cloud provisioning allows easy admin from any location. Formerly week basic reporting just recently enhanced (in beta) and looking very promising. Improved mobile app allows for reliable out of office experience call management.

Cons

proprietary platform requires that some features are deployed using building blocks rather than one touch provisioning for some basic needs. That is as negative as it gets.

Jive Telephone System

Overall, we had a very easy transition from our previous telephones to Jive. We had our old system forwarded to our Jive phones for about a month, before our telephone numbers were actually ported over. I think in this time, we were able to work out all the kinks, so once our numbers were ported over there were no issues. I would recommend the Jive system to anyone that is considering changing their phone service.

Pros

The Jive system is a user friendly platform. I really like the fact that we have access to all of our information, without having to contact customer support. I like that we can upload a file for our hold music & can change it whenever we want to. I really like the auto attendant & how easy it is to change things. Once I got familiar with the system, I feel very comfortable updating anything that is needed, but if I can't figure it out, I know I can contact customer service & they are great!

Cons

I think that it took a while to get our phone numbers ported over & at first our temporary numbers weren't "spoofed" so on our caller id, it was some odd telephone number without our company name. There was a few items setting up our system that was kind of frustrating but, once we were connected to the right person, it was an easy process. Most of the issues were more getting things worked out the...

Jive

I really like them. Being on the IT side they are always very helpful and have assisted me in solving issues (or just done it themselves). The reliability was shaky at first but we have had the service go down in months and months vs Ringcentral where it would go down a few times a month even if only for a few minutes. The admin side PBX takes some getting use to, but once you do its a breeze to set up new users and change features, but when you are learning something new, make sure you take note of all the steps needed to set things up, because you might forget the next time. Though this might be more my fault as this is my first time working with phones in depth. Though they need some improvement on the web/app side vs RC. They are far superior in ease of use and reliability.

Pros

The customer service is great and I always get help when I call in which is a lot. Everything is very easy to setup for new users.

Cons

Jive Web isnt great. There are (or were) a lot of bugs with it. We have some users who show they have messages or vms when they dont. I have contacted support about it and they have been very helpful but havent really found a fix. The texting option was in beta but isnt anymore? (not sure) so it works fine for the most part but acts strange sometimes and will stop working. I guess reporting is in beta as well and that is difficult to understand though this is in the PBX admin side vs Jive Web.

Great Software for VOIP

Overall, Jive is one of the best VOIPs out there. The issues are minimal and you get great customer service, plus the Jive website is so easy to use.

Pros

I love the ease of customizing settings on the website. I manage the schedule daily and can make changes to the ring groups or different phone lines easily. If I do have a question, I am usually able to get ahold of someone at Jive rather quickly and they can make the changes for me but also walk me through how to do it for next time. The support team at Jive is very responsive.

Cons

My main point of contention is that Jive doesn't keep logs of when there are issues with the phones. For example, we had someone call about 6 times after hours on a Friday, which we didn't find out about til we returned to the office Monday, and the techs couldn't help us figure out what the issue was or why the calls kept getting rerouted back to the main line instead of going to the after hours emergency line. The tech said it is best to call right after the incident happens, which would have been impossible for us since it was after hours!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.