Jive Voice Reviews

4.61/5 (557 reviews)

Amber Taylor

Great Software in the Making

Reviewed 2018-08-28

It's been great. The company seems to be on top of things and they're definitely innovating and taking all the right steps to become one of the leading (well, they already are) communications services available!Very user-friendly and easy to navigate. Calls are clear (as long as you have enough bandwidth to ensure the packets are getting to their destination properly) and it has various options for being able to log in and use your ext/line (ie. web, mobile, VOIP). Customer service is very good. That's honestly one of the reasons I rated it so high. If there's ever an issue their support staff is knowledgeable and pleasant to work with. I've never had to wait more than 3-5 minutes for my call to be answered. If the issue is out of their experience, they move it up to another tier until it gets resolved. They follow up until everything is completely taken care of.

Joel Wagler

Using Jive Communications PBX as a small business Solution

Reviewed 2016-10-06
Review Source: Software Advice

Our church was on the lookout for a PBX solution. One of the challenges we found was that many of our staff were out in the field so often there would be no one to answer the church phone. The other challenge we faced is we did not want to be paying a huge monthly fee because we work with a lot of low-income people and did not have a lot of money to spend on a solution. After talking with a person from Software Advice we were given two options to follow up on. We ended up choosing Jive PBX because they offered incredible service, great tools at a very reasonable price. Our current setup now is that when people call the church and no one answers, they hear from an automated attendant offering to connect them to the right person. The call then gets forwarded to the persons mobile phone. The great thing about Jive is they charge per physical device connected to their system and not per virtual extension. This means that at the moment we only pay for one Jive phone line. However, we can forward calls to as many non-jive mobile phones as we want without an additional cost. They are also very flexible allowing you to add or remove devices depending on your needs. Therefore when summer comes and we hire more staff we plan on adding more jive phone lines. When the summer is over we can cancel the additional lines. In terms of quality, their voice quality is excellent. I was concerned that the VOIP quality might not be as good considering the home VOIP services I have tried in the past. Because of these concerns I took a few months to try out the VOIP quality with our staff and clients. We also tested the automated attendant at the same time. The staff have been very impressed with how well it works both in terms of quality and ease of use. This is why we are going ahead with the Jive deployment. Their customer service is amazing. There have been a few minor issues that we encountered but they were very good about sorting it out. One issue involved a delay in receiving our phones from them. However, after I called them, they acknowledged the error on their part and did an express delivery at no additional charge to us. Another issue had to do with billing. We had an issue where we were being charged for two lines but we only wanted one. They were good about sorting out and refunding the additional line. The issue turned out to be due to our initial quote asking for two phone lines and ordering two phones they assumed we wanted the two phone lines right away. However, I had asked for a second quote with only one phone line, knowing that in the summer we would go to two lines. This is why I ordered the second phone even though we didn't plan on using it. All of us would prefer that everything go smoothly with a deployment. However, I am very happy to know that if something doesn't go right, that Jive team has an amazing support setup to get things sorted out. They have great user interface for setting up PBX solutions. It is a drag and drop interface that anyone can use. I was very impressed by how simple it was to set up and route calls. They also have great training to help you get started. Overall, I would highly recommend Jive Communication PBX. We have used them in the small business case but I can see that they could scale well for large organisations. We are very happy Jive Communication clients.* Very reasonable cost. * Great Customer Service * Free virtual extensions (forwarding to mobile phones) * Easy to use web interface. * Good voice quality

charles hoey

Overall positive experience.

Reviewed 2017-08-15

Lower setup costs, lower operational costs, lower maintenance and management costs. Allowed management of communications systems to go in-house.Does what you think it should do, completely replaces analog phone systems and the need to have an expensive technician setup or manage the system. Plenty of functionality and customization options. Drag and drop Dial Plan. Easy to modify and expand as business needs change, Multiple location support. Competitive pricing. Fast, friendly and mostly knowledgeable support team.

Cina Martinez

Jive - highly recommended!

Reviewed 2018-08-22

We have been Jive customers for more than 3 years now. I am not always accepting of changes, so I was not very happy when I had to learn how to use the new phone--but boy am I glad now that my boss made the decision to switch to Jive's VoIP phone system solution. We have different phones, but the one I like the most is the one that works just like my cell--it has a touch screen and it is so easy to use. Jive is very customizable! You can make changes on the fly; you can access the system on your desk phone, your cell phone or even your computer. I like how you can go into the portal and change the dial plan, close the office and temporarily forward phone calls to another line or office, then revert it back to normal--all with relative ease. I also like how you get so many features that are included -- they don't nickel and dime for each thing! One more thing I like is the presence monitoring on the phones, I can see on my phone screen if one of my coworkers is on a call so I know if I should transfer the caller or just send them to voice mail.

Stephan Otto

Jive has been a great add to my business. Does what I need, how I need it, at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 2018-06-15

I like that Jive is completely customizable and intuitive, and we can alter and edit our call routing and auto-attendant services, etc. ourselves, without needing to get customer support involved. That's awesome. I looked around at a slew of providers and went with Jive. I've been very happy with the decision. Jive does everything that I need, and does it well. And they don't nickle & dime you on features -- their standard pricing includes a lot for the money. I've also been very impressed with the sound quality too. Their up-time has been stellar as well. I also like how responsive their support is too. On the very few occasions that I've had a question or needed to know how do something, they've been readily available.

Russell Howell

Telecommunications Done Right, Even in the Worst of Situations

Reviewed 2018-11-19

During the recent fires in Southern California, our offices were forced to evacuate for nearly a week. With the Jive service, we were able to continue to work from where-ever we were, even when evacuated as well from our own homes. We did not have to be concerned that we would lose that connection even if our offices were destroyed (fortunately not), as everything was controlled offsite by Jive. We have been with Jive for the last 6 years as they have grown, and we could not be happier.The Integration with all of our devices (cell phones, desktop computers, web browsers, and of course desk telephones) for seamless usage in and out of the office, meaning we are never out of touch with our customers and each other. Complete control of how calls are routed to meet our needs through a simple interface, one that makes it easy to understand how those calls will be routed. Feature rich services without charges for things that go above and beyond what you would expect, such as the free in-house conference calling.

Matthewq Haine

Chief Clerk

Reviewed 2018-08-21

We are managing individual productivity better with the monitoring capabilities Jive offers and the reassurance and reliability of record keeping and management of incoming and outgoing calls has been a terrific safety net with customers. Customer service/tech support is perhaps the absolute best feature of the service. The technicians are outstanding, knowledgeable, friendly and professional and always aware of the pressure on our end to resolve issues quickly and effectively. And the follow up is truly exceptional, I have never, ever experienced this level of support from any company. In this regard the company is truly outstanding. I recommend Jive to my business colleagues and wholeheartedly endorse the service and software. To say it makes my job responsibilities more effective and more pleasant would be a gross understatement. I would give Jive my highest recommendation of any vendor we deal with.It has features which are very useful. 1. Monitoring individual user time and calls 2. Complete lists of incoming and outgoing calls to particular numbers 3. The easy ability to change the ring group from the receptionist to all users 4. Regular service updates on service issues

David Romero

Client review

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-11-19

I can't think of a company I have used in the past decade on my phone service that has been as responsive as Jive. They are not perfect and stuff happens, but they will double their efforts to make sure it is corrected and they will follow up with you so you are not left in the dark. As far as just asking for directions on the setup and using the interface for daily login info, it is quite easy. They are an outstanding company for service, support and product, what a great combination. I have been with the service prior to Jive buying out the previous company. I can tell you the improvements to software and interface has been upgraded to a very high level, you can see the flow on setting call sequences and ring groups. I have need help on items and even a recent phone purchase and porting over a number. Let me tell you this team is great, I had them provision the new phone and set up the new number and ship the new phone to me. The phone cost was a couple dollars higher than buying on Amazon. I would pay them that amount everyday and more. They are outstanding in service and support, they emailed me multiple times on updates, directed me to different departments for sales and service. I do not see myself with any other company that has treated my very small business with such support. The will walk you thru the software and you will see how intuitive it is. They in my personal opinion are the best.

5yrs and still satisified

Reviewed 2018-06-15

substantial cost savings year over year with fully administrative capability. If you want to perform much of the admin yourself (I do!) the incredibly robust capabilities make it possible to create a system that rivals far more expensive large scale corporate phone solutions.feature rich for an exceptionally affordable service. allows a SMB to leverage capabilities that simulate larger scale company profiles. Positive interaction with reps and developers allows for valued evolution of the product to maintain pace with industry advancements. For a telecom background admin, the platform provides robust capabilities but rabbit holes are also a danger! Cloud provisioning allows easy admin from any location. Formerly week basic reporting just recently enhanced (in beta) and looking very promising. Improved mobile app allows for reliable out of office experience call management.

Jeremy Miller

Jive Review of Beta Web Client

Reviewed 2016-11-29

I didn't spend a ton of time testing for two reasons. A softphone web client was in beta and there wasn't a lot to test. The second reason is for the cost I didn't feel I was getting much for my money due to the lack of a fully functional softphone. I felt Jive was way behind on the software side yet still charging a significant amount of money. I opted to go with 3CX which is significantly less expensive and offers a similar feature set. I feel that Jive has potential to be great but they need to get there fast. There are three areas in my opinion where Jive could differentiate them from their competitors: 1. Make the hard phone and soft phone fully integrated so that when you pick up the handset on the hard phone the soft phone also opens a line and vice versa. Look at Mitel's UC agent. They did a great job on this. 2. Make the soft phone web version easy for a receptionist to use. Deploy the web version to companies that take over a 100 calls in a day and take the feedback seriously. 3. This seems like a small feature but I believe that it is an important one. I found that not many cloud VoIP solutions can play a beep when doing an announced/warm transfer. When the receptionist hands off the call the person taking the call has no idea when the call was actually transferred. It's an annoying feature that just makes sense and should be there. I believe it is a feature found more in traditional PBX systems and has been lost. 4. A big negative for me was the lack of control over updates. I had RingCentral and the Polycom updates that were pushed out were not good and changed the way our receptionist was able to handle calls. If you could figure out a way to allow the administrators control over when and how updates get pushed out you would have a huge advantage. It would be ideal to be able to deploy to a pilot group of users to see how the new update is going to affect users before pushing it out to the entire company. With 3CX I can at least plan for when I want to do the update and give users a warning. I can also wait a few weeks and see if other people are having issues with the updates before I decide to push them out. Lastly, find a way to get your price down. I know you are competitive but with systems like 3CX that can be placed in the cloud I see no value add going with Jive. Most important, listen to your user community and put a system in place that allows them to contribute to the product. Thanks, Jeremy MillerAlready submitted a lengthy review.

Logan Wiser

Jive

Reviewed 2018-07-20

I really like them. Being on the IT side they are always very helpful and have assisted me in solving issues (or just done it themselves). The reliability was shaky at first but we have had the service go down in months and months vs Ringcentral where it would go down a few times a month even if only for a few minutes. The admin side PBX takes some getting use to, but once you do its a breeze to set up new users and change features, but when you are learning something new, make sure you take note of all the steps needed to set things up, because you might forget the next time. Though this might be more my fault as this is my first time working with phones in depth. Though they need some improvement on the web/app side vs RC. They are far superior in ease of use and reliability. The customer service is great and I always get help when I call in which is a lot. Everything is very easy to setup for new users.

David Rothschild

Jive is a VOIP service provider. Solid user interface and stellar customer support.

Reviewed 2018-06-12

It runs our telephony infrastructure.Jive is a VOIP service provider that provides a very elegant and easy to navigate user interface for small to medium sized business voice services. But VOIP implementation is complex, what is most notable is both the response time and the quality of knowledge in the customer support team. They should be on a competitive short list, but should probably be picked over their competition because of their support staff.

Stephen St John

Couldn't be happier with JIVE!

Reviewed 2015-04-26

Our company switched over to Jive VOIP phones after speaking with sales reps from several Hosted VOIP providers (8x8 and Mitel were the runners up). I choose Jive because of the awesome feature set (all included), no contract and great customer service. Some of the features that Jive includes for free are upcharges with other companies (Presence Monitoring, mobile soft phone app, chrome browser plug in with click to dial, virtual fax, unlimited conference bridges' etc). It is really nice to be able to have all these if you need or want to use them. I also really like the user interface and dial plan editor which is super easy to use and makes customization almost unlimited. About the only feature you would have to pay more for is space for call recording on Amazon if you want to record calls. We had a few great demos with the setup folks and they were all very knowledgeable and very willing to help. It is really impressive to me how good the customer service with Jive is. Everyone I have ever spoken to there is so helpful and friendly. Jive gave me 2 polycom phones on a free trial which was great. We ended up going with the VVX400 phones. During the trial we were able to determine we had an internet issue with Comcast (Maybe Jive can give them a customer service lesson!) and were able to get that resolved before going live which made the turnover much better. I highly recommend a trial period. Our number port was quicker than expected and we have had great call quality since we switched. We have 50mbps down and 10mbps up Comcast business internet connection and 10 phones. We did have some issues with the presence monitoring that Jive's awesome tech support ironed out with some setting changes on our SonicWall firewall (increase UDP time out to 300 for any IT folk). I knew I wanted Hosted VOIP to get rid of the maintenance and upgrades associated with having our own PBX' But, I was worried to make the switch after having most local phone folks try to talk me out of it and hearing many call quality horror stories. But, through the whole process Jive was very helpful and they make it possible for you to switch without worry by doing a free trial. I am very happy with my choice!

Cary Castleberry

Jive is toos

Reviewed 2018-08-28

Overall, they are a good company to work with. If I was to compare them to other VoIP host, they are the best but is that good enough. Customers are extremely demanding and being the best of a subpar service industry is not tolerated. They should support their partners almore when it comes to failures on their part. Be proactive in testing and implementation, not reactive. Jive has made the implementation of their services very smooth. The phone Retal is extremely user friendly for both the customer and the partner.

Russ Blahetka

Excellent Service with Great Support

Reviewed 2017-02-21
Review Source: Software Advice

We have been using Jive for a year now. We wanted a solution that would integrate with our CRM. Our previous VOIP solution was unable to do so. On top of this capability, Jive costs us about $/line less. Voice quality is excellent, if I am out of the office the line rings through to my cell, and as far as the caller is concerned, I am in my office. I was able to port my lines from the previous company without a hassle. Set up was easy, and support has been excellent. If there is one drawback it is the fax system. It is a bit clunky to use. However, as we do not send many faxes it has not been a big issue. Excellent sound quality Easy to port existing numbers Excellent support Integrates with Redtail CRM Graphic oriented call routing Click to dial Unified communications

Julie Ngu

Good, efficient, saves me money but has issues

Reviewed 2018-06-25
Review Source: Software Advice

Automated options are great. The eFax set up is great. I use it multiple times a week. I don’t have any problems with that. 24/7 customer service is helpful since I am Open everyday. I was able to save, per month on combining my 4 lines together.

Erasmo Chavez

Jive has transformed my regular answering system to a professional automated line.

Reviewed 2018-06-07

That it helps keep people in queue. It allows you to record many different recordings for different options. You can put many people on hold at once. You can have people choose the best option in case you don't answer they have many different choices. Leave voice mails, keep on hold, transfer and more. I like that it has customer service in case you ever need help or assistant configuring your set-up. A customer representative can even do the set up for you if is too confusing or you can't figure it out. I also like that you can make any changes to your service on line by just creating your account. You can manage it from anywhere you are.

Lisa Chavez

Reviewed 2018-06-08

I like the phone support. Representatives can talk you through everything and explain all your questions. They can also set up your phone line in the customized way you want it. You can put multiple people on hold. If anything doesn't make sense you can call anytime for support. I like all the features Jive has to offer for your line. You can add or remove features depending on your needs for phone service. They have capacity for voicemail and personalized voicemail setup. I like the phone support. Representatives can talk you through everything and explain all your questions. They can also set up your phone line in the customized way you want it. You can put multiple people on hold. If anything doesn't make sense you can call anytime for support. I like all the features Jive has to offer for your line. You can add or remove features depending on your needs for phone service. They have capacity for voicemail and personalized voicemail setup.

Michael Stairs

The ease of the auto-attendant setup makes this the best telecom service around

Reviewed 2018-06-17

Easy voip setupThe auto-attendant service has a graphic interface that is easier to use than any company we have dealt with. The free additional features is a big plus, where a lot of companies nickel and dime you. 24/7 customer support is helpful and allows you to configure off hours.

Bruce Avery

NOT a robot - Thank you JIVE

Reviewed 2016-11-01

Working with software isn't my forte. I help lead, and equip people. Learning how to use systems drains my emotional batteries. JIVE customer support is fantastic. Real people, with great fixes. They both walked me through the problems I encountered, and also did fixes for me quickly. In a world of text support, and dialing through the numbers for far too long before getting a live voice; JIVE stands above many. Excellent support. Good product. Value and quality is what you get. We're happy customersThe ability to build a visual flow chart of where, and how to direct the calls. What make the software WORK, is the live customer support!

Rudy Ammer

They have successfully taught a Luddite !

Reviewed 2017-06-21

Everyday, no problems, no hiccups, no crashes, no unexplained mysteries.These guys get it! The world does not want to learn everything about telephone systems. Small business owners want to plug 'n' play. But complicated products need setup. Jive was there with me in setting up my two phone system (soon to be three!) They walked me through all the setup and settings, and even fought comcast for me. I would have given up and sent everything back but for the outstanding customer service. That's the value I get, not all the gee whiz stuff that I'll never use.

Jive is Consumer Oriented

Reviewed 2018-11-09

In general, Jive has been super responsive. Call forwarding has been a problem, but we have found an ulterior method.The software functions as expected, but the important thing for any business owner is the support of the Jive staff. When function is lost, it is important to find out why and who is responsible.The Jive technicians try to quickly zero in on the source of the problem with full knowledge that communications are the life line of any business.

Becki Ahl

Jive has been an excellent choice for our business !! Easy to use and features are excellent !!

Reviewed 2018-06-12

I love that I can transfer our phones from anywhere, I do not have to be near the phone. If we have any technical difficulties at an office I can log in from any computer and forward phones to another. My clients no longer have to wait on hold, they can be rerouted from one location to another. The system is amazing and even my lesser then tech saavy employees can figure it out !!!

Kris Stecker

Jive Communications positive experience

Reviewed 2018-10-11
Review Source: Software Advice

Jive did a great job of incentivizing making the change to VoIP with a great deal on the equipment needed to get started. They managed the set up process well and the customer support was excellent. Love the Management panel for building out answering queues, ring groups and auto attendants.

Anonymous

Take your business wherever you go!

Reviewed 2018-06-12

Our staff can work from home in many different states.Software phones, which allow access for your computer, no hard phone needed. Dial Plans Ability to change messages and turn phone on and off easily Competitive Available technical support