GoToConnect Reviews

GoToConnect

The first-ever truly unified voice and video solution.

4.48/5 (416 reviews)

Pros
  • Pricing was very affordable. For our size of company and the growth we've experienced, the Jive staff has been great working with us to lock-in pricing and help us grow when more accounts are needed.Nalu M.Read the full review
  • We appreciate the ease of use and the ease of setup of the phones. It was a seamless transition from our previous provider to Jive.Madelyn S.Read the full review
  • The technicians are outstanding, knowledgeable, friendly and professional and always aware of the pressure on our end to resolve issues quickly and effectively.Matthewq H.Read the full review
Cons
  • When we initially signed our control, there was some issue with service interruption and our phone lines not working.Megan F.Read the full review
  • I am very disappointed in the limited reporting options, where I cannot see # of missed calls, average call times, and other very basic information.Michael C.Read the full review
  • The app does not work very well for which I depend on it greatly being out of the office so I had to modify and my a second number for my phone to have it forwarded to it.Harvey F.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Susan M Callan

Never Missing A Call

Reviewed 2019-04-02

Our overall experience with Jive Voice has been an outstanding one. We are a seasonal business and with our prior provider it was a big hassle to turn off lines in the off season. With Jive it was as simple as 1, 2, 3,. We now have a general voicemail box and each desk has its own voicemail box. If one office is extremely busy we can route the calls to another office without having to add another employee which allows us to have better control over our payroll. With Jive you have hold music options without paying for an extra service. Also with Jive we have the ability to answer calls from our cell phones without our private numbers appearing (the customer thinks you are answering from the office). Last but not least Jive's customer service and support team is outstanding. If you have a question or technical issue they are quick to respond and with the response they not only correct the issue they teach you at the same time on how to correct the issue in the future should the problem arise again.

Pros
Our Company has been using Jive Voice for 2 years now and everyday we learn something new about the system that has helped to make our customer service more effective. This year we started using Jive's Mobile feature. The mobile feature allows us to never miss a call. With this feature you have total control. you can set for do not disturb, or choose to have instant notifications. The best feature is that when I call back from my cell phone caller ID shows the business number instead of my cell number. I can also send a text message from my phone again not revealing my actual cell number. I no longer need two separate phones.

Cons
The only thing I like least about this software is that I have not had the time to explore all of the wonderful options available to our company. I am sure I could request to have a representative come out and explain more in depth about the system. Jive also has great tutorial videos available.

Michael Wilson

Excellent VOIP Service!

Reviewed 2019-12-02

I did a lot of comparison shopping when selecting a VOIP provider for my business. There are a number of reputable companies out there and they all offer similar features. Jive edged out the competition in pricing, and since the feature set they offered was equally as robust as the competitors, I went with them and have not been disappointed. Our needs are basic, but it's really nice to know that as our needs expand, the infrastructure at Jive will easily accommodate our most detailed needs.

Pros
When our company moved away from a larger parent company, we had to find our own phone solution. We have offices spread across the country, so rather than use a cable-TV bundle or something similar, I knew a feature-filled VOIP service was a must. While others offer similar features, I needed a company that I could count on to hold my hand through the technical end of the setup because we are too small for our own IT department. Jive excelled in this area. Their excellent USA-based tech support helped get me up and running in no time flat. The transition from our old parent company's service to the new one we set up ourselves through Jive was seamless. If I had to choose one thing I liked most about my experience with Jive Voice, it is their technical support! Their service in both areas (support and actual uptime) has never let us down.

Cons
I suppose you could say I'm tech "savvy", but I'm not an engineer. For someone like myself who had never set up a VOIP system before, it was a bit intimidating to sift through the online guides to figure out what gear we needed, how it should be configured, and that sort of thing. While much of this documentation did exist on their web site, a beginner's tutorial that was more comprehensive would have been appreciated. Nevertheless, as mentioned elsewhere in this review, their call-in technical support was extremely helpful in answering my newbie questions at all hours of the night. If I had any criticism at all, it might be that I would have liked a bit more thorough online documentation for a beginner. Something like a "setup wizard" might have been helpful, but calling their support line (even at 11pm in the evening) got me exactly what I needed, so I really have no serious complaints.

Anonymous

It works, but not well, and it has such great potential.

Reviewed 2019-10-03

Jive allows us to have multiple company phone numbers and extensions without the need for landlines or phones. It allows employees to receive work calls on their personal cell phone, so they don't have to carry two phones to have a company number. Employees can make outgoing calls through the app without revealing their personal number to the recipient. The admin portal is pretty straightforward and easy to use, but also has tons of features. Overall, this product would be amazing if the app were faster and didn't crash all the time, and if calls made through the app were more reliable.

Pros
It's cheap. This provided a cost saving solution to our communications needs. It also allows us to assign phone numbers to employees' personal cell phones without using their personal data or phone usage. It can be used with or without landlines. Phone numbers and ring plans are easy to set up, and multiple phones can be rung at the same number.

Cons
The app is slow and takes a long time to switch screens and load data. It crashes often, and nearly always experiences some type of error that requires me to wait for the app to respond or close the app. The crashes don't affect phone calls, but seem to only affect my ability to access data such as recent calls, contacts, etc. Even when it crashes, I still receive calls. Sometimes calls made or received through the app cut out like there is bad cell service, even when I'm connected to reliable, high speed wi-fi (50mbps). Because of this, I've chosen to switch my ring plan to have calls forwarded to my cell phone number, rather than receiving them on my cell phone through the Jive app. I have unlimited minutes, so it's not an issue. I only have to open the app to make an outgoing call, and only when I need the company number to appear on the recipient's caller ID rather than my personal number.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

John Masciandaro

Solid VOIP System

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2020-03-25

My experience with Jive was a pleasant one. At the time it was a significant upgrade from our old system and is certainly an adequate solution for a small office with a VOIP need.

Pros
At the time that our firm made the switch to this system it was a major improvement to our old phone system. For the first time we were able to have custom call handling rules, we could assign temporary voicemails without terminating the standard voicemail, and we had the visibility to see if other team members were on the phone from our own desks.

Cons
What I have learned since moving on to a different software is that competitors allow much more customization in the dial plan, address book, e-faxing, and vacation planning. While this system is perfectly adequate for a home office or simple office, it is not conducive to a large network of employees.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Scott Krumpholc

Current Jive User

Reviewed 2019-11-22

We feel as though we have made a great move by switching over to Jive. We would definitely do it again if we had to do it over.

Pros
The software has MUCH better quality than our past software. The clarity and connection is much crisper and cleaner and the the down time is almost none. We are very happy with our change over to Jive. The on-boarding support team was very good too.

Cons
There is not much we do not like about this software. Everything has been great since we took on Jive. The only thing we can possibly point out is the on-boarding support team was good but it did take us a while to port all of our numbers over.

Taylor Emerson

Should Have Switched A LONG Time Ago

Reviewed 2019-07-30

100% amazing

Pros
I cannot say this enough - by switching to Jive we are saving THOUSANDS a year. Not only are we saving an enormous amount of money, we have brand new phones and features we never thought were possible. It's like our practice finally moved up in to the 21st century.

Cons
The online portal was a little confusing when we first started. We had to have our IT team set it up for us.

Travis Schwarzkopf, CWCA

Buggy software with horrible support

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-12-10

Overall experience with Jive has been horrible. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemies.

Pros
GoToMeeting is bundled with the software, and it actually works as intended. That's the only positive thing I have to say about Jive

Cons
Everything. The desktop app UI was buggy. Audio was frequently missing on one or both sides of the call. Audio quality itself was hit or miss. We were told we had a 30 day money back guarantee, and Jive is still fighting to keep us in a contract. One of their representatives told our MSP that if Jive let everyone who had issues with the software cancel their contract they wouldn't have any customers. Instead of fixing the issues like any reasonable company they opt to try strong arming you into paying for a terrible product. The "money back guarantee" isn't so much a guarantee as it is a "we'll give you your money back if we feel like it, which we probably won't" clause.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Rex Schroeder

Best VoIP!

Reviewed 2019-10-12

Great! Best VoIP solution on the market! integration with their video conferencing solution is currently free. They are always upgrading and imporving. Full of features to meet the growing small business.

Pros
Full of features of a full PBX system. call parking, and auto answer are great features. Also the call routing. wide range of options. Large selection of harware and phone options. Great for any size business. We are not a very big company but as we grow so does our phone usage and Jive can expand easily to more extensions, etc. Jive mobile app is included free, and you can have calls forwarded to your cell phone.

Cons
No real cons. Could have more walk through setup wizards that could setup things for you. It can get confusing when you have a large system and need to make changes.

marlene lopez

Jive Communication

Reviewed 2020-02-13

Our overall experience with Jive Voice has been clean and we are pleased that this was the one we chose.

Pros
Jive Communication is one of the easiest communication software that I have seen. It is easy to login and make any changes that is necessary.

Cons
Sometimes it is a little bit difficult to navigate and figure out where some of the changes that might need to be made can be found.

Ezra St Juste

Jive is a great price with all features needed

Reviewed 2019-07-29

Overall, we've now been able to do tonnes of calls, outgoing and incoming since we went with jive. It helps grow our business. Access is available on the phone, computer or any other device.

Pros
I like that jive is really cost effective yet gives access to all their features. It allows me to do everything i need to do, with alot of minutes within the plan.

Cons
Jive seems to be great so far, cant complain

Amber Taylor

Great Software in the Making

Reviewed 2018-08-28

It's been great. The company seems to be on top of things and they're definitely innovating and taking all the right steps to become one of the leading (well, they already are) communications services available!

Pros
Very user-friendly and easy to navigate. Calls are clear (as long as you have enough bandwidth to ensure the packets are getting to their destination properly) and it has various options for being able to log in and use your ext/line (ie. web, mobile, VOIP). Customer service is very good. That's honestly one of the reasons I rated it so high. If there's ever an issue their support staff is knowledgeable and pleasant to work with. I've never had to wait more than 3-5 minutes for my call to be answered. If the issue is out of their experience, they move it up to another tier until it gets resolved. They follow up until everything is completely taken care of.

Cons
The mobile app is still finicky at times. Quality has improved a lot over the past several months (and years) and it cuts out the call randomly, but it's not near as bad as it was. Jive also doesn't have a super comprehensive reporting system. Don't get me wrong, it has good reports that are easy to view, but we are needing some more details for our call-tracking and it's difficult to decipher and re-build what reports we have access to in order to get what we need. We have to ask for a separately-emailed list from one our contacts which I feel could get annoying for the agent to have to continue to do that each time we need one. Not very basic issues, but still some things I would like to see. They continue to improve though and take your feedback seriously so I can see them improving some of these functions in the near future.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Amber Laney

The Customer Service Is Outstanding!

Reviewed 2019-11-26

It has been amazing! Again, we have never had any of the issues with dropped calls or static on the line that we have had with other VOIP companies.

Pros
The thing I like most about this software is it doesn't malfunction or break! We have been with other VOIP companies and have experienced dropped calls, static, silence, etc as the norm. But not with Jive! I have never had a dropped call or an issue with static. The only time I have ever had to call in to tech support was when I needed help setting something up. My wait time to speak with someone has always been less than 3 minutes, each tech support agent is equally knowledgeable and if I couldn't figure out how to do what they were suggesting, they would log on to my computer and show me how to do it. I love this company!

Cons
There is nothing I dislike about this software. I have never had any issues and Jive makes my life easier as I don't have to deal with phone issues. If the phones are down, it is a major issue for our company.

Cina Martinez

Jive - highly recommended!

Reviewed 2018-08-22

We have been Jive customers for more than 3 years now. I am not always accepting of changes, so I was not very happy when I had to learn how to use the new phone--but boy am I glad now that my boss made the decision to switch to Jive's VoIP phone system solution. We have different phones, but the one I like the most is the one that works just like my cell--it has a touch screen and it is so easy to use.

Pros
Jive is very customizable! You can make changes on the fly; you can access the system on your desk phone, your cell phone or even your computer. I like how you can go into the portal and change the dial plan, close the office and temporarily forward phone calls to another line or office, then revert it back to normal--all with relative ease. I also like how you get so many features that are included -- they don't nickel and dime for each thing! One more thing I like is the presence monitoring on the phones, I can see on my phone screen if one of my coworkers is on a call so I know if I should transfer the caller or just send them to voice mail.

Cons
Faxing is limited to 5 pages or less. However, now that I think about that, I hardly get any faxes anymore because people simply send me PDFs instead.

Stephan Otto

Jive has been a great add to my business. Does what I need, how I need it, at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 2018-06-15

Pros
I like that Jive is completely customizable and intuitive, and we can alter and edit our call routing and auto-attendant services, etc. ourselves, without needing to get customer support involved. That's awesome. I looked around at a slew of providers and went with Jive. I've been very happy with the decision. Jive does everything that I need, and does it well. And they don't nickle & dime you on features -- their standard pricing includes a lot for the money. I've also been very impressed with the sound quality too. Their up-time has been stellar as well. I also like how responsive their support is too. On the very few occasions that I've had a question or needed to know how do something, they've been readily available.

Cons
Surprisingly, nothing quickly jumps to mind. Virtually the only minor thing that I could see Jive altering, is to perhaps include some other options for the storage of recordings. Right now, recording capabilities require linkage with an Amazon AWS account. It would be nice to have some additional options, like perhaps within Jive itself, or on Google Drive, locally stored, etc.

Russell Howell

Telecommunications Done Right, Even in the Worst of Situations

Reviewed 2018-11-19

During the recent fires in Southern California, our offices were forced to evacuate for nearly a week. With the Jive service, we were able to continue to work from where-ever we were, even when evacuated as well from our own homes. We did not have to be concerned that we would lose that connection even if our offices were destroyed (fortunately not), as everything was controlled offsite by Jive. We have been with Jive for the last 6 years as they have grown, and we could not be happier.

Pros
The Integration with all of our devices (cell phones, desktop computers, web browsers, and of course desk telephones) for seamless usage in and out of the office, meaning we are never out of touch with our customers and each other. Complete control of how calls are routed to meet our needs through a simple interface, one that makes it easy to understand how those calls will be routed. Feature rich services without charges for things that go above and beyond what you would expect, such as the free in-house conference calling.

Cons
My only complaint is the inability to set a distinct ringtone for calls coming in from the Jive mobile apps so that I know when a call is coming from "my desk" or direct to my cell phone.

Matthewq Haine

Chief Clerk

Reviewed 2018-08-21

We are managing individual productivity better with the monitoring capabilities Jive offers and the reassurance and reliability of record keeping and management of incoming and outgoing calls has been a terrific safety net with customers. Customer service/tech support is perhaps the absolute best feature of the service. The technicians are outstanding, knowledgeable, friendly and professional and always aware of the pressure on our end to resolve issues quickly and effectively. And the follow up is truly exceptional, I have never, ever experienced this level of support from any company. In this regard the company is truly outstanding. I recommend Jive to my business colleagues and wholeheartedly endorse the service and software. To say it makes my job responsibilities more effective and more pleasant would be a gross understatement. I would give Jive my highest recommendation of any vendor we deal with.

Pros
It has features which are very useful. 1. Monitoring individual user time and calls 2. Complete lists of incoming and outgoing calls to particular numbers 3. The easy ability to change the ring group from the receptionist to all users 4. Regular service updates on service issues

Cons
Nothing. It is exactly what we need and want

David Romero

Client review

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-11-19

I can't think of a company I have used in the past decade on my phone service that has been as responsive as Jive. They are not perfect and stuff happens, but they will double their efforts to make sure it is corrected and they will follow up with you so you are not left in the dark. As far as just asking for directions on the setup and using the interface for daily login info, it is quite easy. They are an outstanding company for service, support and product, what a great combination.

Pros
I have been with the service prior to Jive buying out the previous company. I can tell you the improvements to software and interface has been upgraded to a very high level, you can see the flow on setting call sequences and ring groups. I have need help on items and even a recent phone purchase and porting over a number. Let me tell you this team is great, I had them provision the new phone and set up the new number and ship the new phone to me. The phone cost was a couple dollars higher than buying on Amazon. I would pay them that amount everyday and more. They are outstanding in service and support, they emailed me multiple times on updates, directed me to different departments for sales and service. I do not see myself with any other company that has treated my very small business with such support. The will walk you thru the software and you will see how intuitive it is. They in my personal opinion are the best.

Cons
There is a lot you can do and the down side is if you do not use it everyday, as when your are setup thing just run. So, when you do need to add or change something it is a learning curve as I only need to address the software once or twice a year. I am discussing the setup software, the actual login user interface is quite easy to use, I do use that more often and it make life simpler.

5yrs and still satisified

Reviewed 2018-06-15

substantial cost savings year over year with fully administrative capability. If you want to perform much of the admin yourself (I do!) the incredibly robust capabilities make it possible to create a system that rivals far more expensive large scale corporate phone solutions.

Pros
feature rich for an exceptionally affordable service. allows a SMB to leverage capabilities that simulate larger scale company profiles. Positive interaction with reps and developers allows for valued evolution of the product to maintain pace with industry advancements. For a telecom background admin, the platform provides robust capabilities but rabbit holes are also a danger! Cloud provisioning allows easy admin from any location. Formerly week basic reporting just recently enhanced (in beta) and looking very promising. Improved mobile app allows for reliable out of office experience call management.

Cons
proprietary platform requires that some features are deployed using building blocks rather than one touch provisioning for some basic needs. That is as negative as it gets.

Jive Telephone System

Reviewed 2019-03-20

Overall, we had a very easy transition from our previous telephones to Jive. We had our old system forwarded to our Jive phones for about a month, before our telephone numbers were actually ported over. I think in this time, we were able to work out all the kinks, so once our numbers were ported over there were no issues. I would recommend the Jive system to anyone that is considering changing their phone service.

Pros
The Jive system is a user friendly platform. I really like the fact that we have access to all of our information, without having to contact customer support. I like that we can upload a file for our hold music & can change it whenever we want to. I really like the auto attendant & how easy it is to change things. Once I got familiar with the system, I feel very comfortable updating anything that is needed, but if I can't figure it out, I know I can contact customer service & they are great!

Cons
I think that it took a while to get our phone numbers ported over & at first our temporary numbers weren't "spoofed" so on our caller id, it was some odd telephone number without our company name. There was a few items setting up our system that was kind of frustrating but, once we were connected to the right person, it was an easy process. Most of the issues were more getting things worked out the first few weeks that we had the Jive telephone system. There was a different group of customer service people that we dealt with during that process, I feel that some of those people weren't as knowledgeable as the regular customer service employees. Again, once the few kinks were worked out, we've had no issues. It was more getting hooked up with the right person that could fix the specific issue that we were having.

Logan Wiser

Jive

Reviewed 2018-07-20

I really like them. Being on the IT side they are always very helpful and have assisted me in solving issues (or just done it themselves). The reliability was shaky at first but we have had the service go down in months and months vs Ringcentral where it would go down a few times a month even if only for a few minutes. The admin side PBX takes some getting use to, but once you do its a breeze to set up new users and change features, but when you are learning something new, make sure you take note of all the steps needed to set things up, because you might forget the next time. Though this might be more my fault as this is my first time working with phones in depth. Though they need some improvement on the web/app side vs RC. They are far superior in ease of use and reliability.

Pros
The customer service is great and I always get help when I call in which is a lot. Everything is very easy to setup for new users.

Cons
Jive Web isnt great. There are (or were) a lot of bugs with it. We have some users who show they have messages or vms when they dont. I have contacted support about it and they have been very helpful but havent really found a fix. The texting option was in beta but isnt anymore? (not sure) so it works fine for the most part but acts strange sometimes and will stop working. I guess reporting is in beta as well and that is difficult to understand though this is in the PBX admin side vs Jive Web.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Jessica Boren

Great Software for VOIP

Reviewed 2019-04-11

Overall, Jive is one of the best VOIPs out there. The issues are minimal and you get great customer service, plus the Jive website is so easy to use.

Pros
I love the ease of customizing settings on the website. I manage the schedule daily and can make changes to the ring groups or different phone lines easily. If I do have a question, I am usually able to get ahold of someone at Jive rather quickly and they can make the changes for me but also walk me through how to do it for next time. The support team at Jive is very responsive.

Cons
My main point of contention is that Jive doesn't keep logs of when there are issues with the phones. For example, we had someone call about 6 times after hours on a Friday, which we didn't find out about til we returned to the office Monday, and the techs couldn't help us figure out what the issue was or why the calls kept getting rerouted back to the main line instead of going to the after hours emergency line. The tech said it is best to call right after the incident happens, which would have been impossible for us since it was after hours!

Ann Hurst

The best business decision I ever made

Reviewed 2019-01-29

The one thing I don't have to worry about in my office is the phone service. The phones are there and the call flow helps my business run smoothly.

Pros
This software is easy to use even for a novice like me. This system is able to grow with my company and I can make the necessary adjustments myself with ease. If I do ever run into a situation that I have trouble with (all centered around my being close to a Luddite) the customer service department is quick to contact and ready to help. They have been understanding and helpful and supportive all the way. I can't say enough about how great this service is.

Cons
Sometimes the time on the phone changes to the wrong time. I don't know if that is something I am doing on my end or a glitch in the phones. If it ever bothers me I call and the tech department can fix it for me. They tend to change again later though.

David Rothschild

Jive is a VOIP service provider. Solid user interface and stellar customer support.

Reviewed 2018-06-12

It runs our telephony infrastructure.

Pros
Jive is a VOIP service provider that provides a very elegant and easy to navigate user interface for small to medium sized business voice services. But VOIP implementation is complex, what is most notable is both the response time and the quality of knowledge in the customer support team. They should be on a competitive short list, but should probably be picked over their competition because of their support staff.

Cons
I only have any minor quibbles with the software, but first it is important to note there are significant complexities to implementing VOIP over data networks. While jive's voice services can operate over a wide variety of network configurations, it is very important to make sure the network infrastructure can support the prioritization of Jive voice services on the network or the jive voice traffic is segregated to a router and switch configuration that is optimized for VOIP. One minor note is the iOS VOIP app doesn't relay full caller id information and does not send an alert when it is disconnected. The UI on the app needs a little polish as well, but perfectly fine for most users.

Paula Dunlap

Great service at a great price

Reviewed 2019-04-02

Our old system did not allow for direct calls to each person and so calls were answered by a receptionist. It is nice to have a personal number to give out and to know people can call you directly. it presented a more professional business setting. The old system also sounded horrible, with crackling noises all through the calls, Jive voice is like a smooth cup of Joe!

Pros
I can control the system from my computer. It is easy to change messages and dial plans. When I get stuck, the service reps are the best. Very knowledgeable, helpful and pleasant to talk with. They understand your problems no matter how you explain it and they treat you like a VIP. There are so many features and I know we don't use them all!

Cons
It is hard to find something, but if I have to I guess I would say the color of the phones. They are black, maybe a range of colors would be great!

Allie Santana

Love Jive!!

Reviewed 2019-02-08

overall we are satisfied, however if the contact center doesn't allow us to be able to have agents log in independently from the device for desk sharing we may be looking at alternate options. (jive Web has a do not disturb feature that we are not able to disable, so therefore we cant use bcz we cant see if agents are on do not disturb)

Pros
love that its web based, full access to the PBX where I can control call routing at a minutes time. Reporting easy to access. Jive app allows me to take phone calls from anywhere.

Cons
Contact center needs developing it is not agent centric at all. It is queue centric, it is missing visibility into what the agent is doing. individual log ins are not available so for a call center that share desk this is not a good product as the data is all geared to the device and not the user. Call centers usually share seats, so this is a major fail. Also there is no visibility into agent status, outbound calls are not identified so you see "idle for an agent " when in fact they are on an outbound call.