Vonage Business Communications Logo

Vonage Business Communications Reviews

User ratings

4.1

• Likelihood to recommend7.82/10

See full reviews by rating

Cons

We needed a business phone for our remote office and this system worked perfectly. Thank you for a low-cost, quality solution.
Overall experience is good as the matter of fact we keep using this service. I still recommend using Vonage as it is very helpful for remote business management.
This company is just so horrible to deal with. Will ruin your day if you have to interact with Vonage Business Support, again only by CHAT from untrained techs.
Poor call quality, Terrible Customer Service and cancellation policy deception.
Their software can have conflicts and compatibility issues depending on the browser. A. Their software TokBox appears to work only with Chrome.

Vonage Business Communications users...

RingCentral MVP-logocaret

RingCentral MVP

Weave-logocaret

Weave

8x8 X Series-logocaret

8x8 X Series

How would you rate Vonage Business Communications?

Shawn B.

IT Architect

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Simplify Business with a Simple Business VoIP Phone System

Transcript

Shawn B.: Hi, my name is Shawn, I'm an IT solutions architect, and I give a five for Vonage Business...

Must have for business

Transcript

Harlan E: Hi, my name is Harlan and I am a director of operations, and I give Vonage Business a five-star...

Great product for small companies

Great!!! I definitely recommend this software and even though it might seem a bit more expensive than others in the market, their quality is definitely worth it.

Pros

It is an amazing product for small companies. It has several useful features that work great for your business needs. Compared to other similar software out there, Vonage is way more reliable for your communication needs.

Cons

Even though we do love Vonage, sometimes getting in contact with customer service is a bit time consuming and tricky, but once you are connected to a customer service representative, you know you will get the help you need.

VBC- Review

It is a fantastic offering for small businesses. It contains a number of helpful features that are excellent for our company needs. It is significantly more dependable for our communication needs than other similar software that is available. Despite the fact that we adore Vonage, it can occasionally be difficult and time-consuming to call customer care.

Pros

It is very simple to use as it provides support to various things like calls, SMS, and even voice recording. Mobile and desktop apps for Vonage are easy to use. It can connect up to three phones to a single extension and that is the best feature as we don't have to call individually.

Cons

It is bit slow and sometimes has a lot of backend issues which takes a bit to get resolved.

Alright Calling tool

It is an alright tool, the reports it provides are good, however calling can be improved.

Pros

Ease of using it. dialing and making calls is very easy

Cons

The connection is not always very good, sound quality is not very good at times, connecting calls sometimes takes a lot of time or does not connect at all.

Vonage review

It has been average. The only bad side is SMS integration and support to it.

Pros

It is very easy to use, good interface and easy to be integrated with other tools. The UI/UX is great. Especially when it comes to texting.

Cons

Product support. We wanted support for texting and it has been a horrible experience. They have Neximo for the SMS integration and support and the support experience has been horrible. They don't answer the calls or respond timely.

Vonage Business Review

I found it very efficient as I work in the recruitment industry and we have to be on call every time with the candidates, Vonage business makes sure that our calls would not spam. The quality of the calls are outstanding and does not lapse. Overall an excellent tool.

Pros

The smooth Functionality and the Quality of the calls are significantly beyond experience.

Cons

There should be a caller id with every unknown number.

Look elsewhere if considering Vonage (Telesphere)

Was ok, but got constantly overbilled and was horrendous when moving our business elsewhere. Stay away.

Pros

Basic VOIP software that allowed us to easily have remote agents. In the later years was decently reliable.

Cons

Support was horrendous. Would take forever to explain to the person what you needed. Would get constantly overbilled and have to spend hours going through the invoice and arguing to get it corrected. Billing was super convoluted. Would take several months to get a credit and our account managers would keep getting switched. Litterarrly had 5 different account managers in an 18 month period and...

Vonage - creating best quality connections.

Pros

The quality of connection, ease of using, and all the features that include text, SMS, and managing your logs are the best features, and the integration with the business is easy.

Cons

Sometimes because of poor connectivity, the app refuses to open, however, that does not happen quite often and is not a problem at all.

Simply the best.

Pros

The call quality is simply amazing. Any issue raised is very quickly resolved.

Cons

As of now, I have nothing. The is the backbone of my work.

Review for Vonage

Overall experience is fine.

Pros

It is very useful for communication purposes. We can easily connect with Vonage. Best suitable for remote work.

Cons

Sometimes backend issues take time to get resolve.

Call centers need reliable service

We used Vonage for our call center for a year. The features were great and the price was nice. The service was intermittent at best and not acceptable for daily use.

Pros

The cost and implementation was outstanding

Cons

The reliability was not acceptable for our business.

Vonage For Small Business

My overall experience with Vonage Business Communications has been excellent. Setup was painless, support was responsive when I had questions and the service has been extremely reliable.

Pros

Vonage Business was easy to set up and configure on my small company network. The Vonage Business application dashboard is simple, clearly laid out and easy to navigate. Once you completed the initial setup, there is not much need to access it, except to add or remove features. It has all of the basic features that I need running a small business such as call forwarding, voicemail, customizable...

Cons

There are no issues that I have with the Vonage Business Communications software or with the Vonage Business service.

Vonage Business works very well for our company

Our overall experience has been great. This is our second year using the Vonage business package and we are very happy.

Pros

We like the ease of adding new lines, adding branch phone, so many reasons we like the company and products. We are a three branch company with drivers all over the place. We can easily transfer calls to our techs on the road, just as if there were in the office. We also like the spam feature, were we can see most calls registered as spam, allowing us to not answer these irritating spam calls. In times when we need to call customer support, Vonage team members are very knowledgeable and helpful. Lastly, we save money with this company, great price for an extra great product and customer service!

Cons

We cannot pick up a call anywhere in the office by parking the call, we must transfer it.

Vonage Business for your business

I am overall satisfied with Vonage Business Support- each time I called on the phone I was given a real person to speak with and a case number, to ensure the quality of my "case" the next time I called. As a busy work professional, I found this very valuable. I spoke to an amazing tech after speaking with Vonage Business support. He was able to direct me to exactly what I was looking of in a very short amount of time. My business purchased over 10 lines and the Yealink T46G phones from Vonage. I find these to be incredibly professional phones with a large screen. This is extremely beneficial when I am wearing a headset, on the regular phone, or connected with m work cell.

Pros

In regards to Vonage Business Phone systems, I like most being able to speak with a real person to answer my questions. Help was available any time I called. The help was organized and true- this helped me weed out things I didn't have time for. As a busy professional, this was extremely valuable. Each person I spoke to was able to help me validate my "silly" questions and assist me through the Vonage experience. The Yealink also shows busy field lines, my favorite feature on the phone, so I can see who, in my offices, is on the phone. This saves me time.

Cons

I was disappointing that it took so long to find an associate that could answer my questions. I called three times previous with questions about the phone system, and on the third time I spoke with a very knowledgeable professional who could fully assist me with my system questions. My business has purchased Yealink phones and is disappointing that each phone requires a special Yealink donagle for the "Tested headset list compatible with Yealink IP Phone". While the Plantronics Voyager Legend came with a dongle, we had to order separate dongles for each phone.

Great IP phones for companies with multiple offices

If you are starting out or if you are an established company, we have found this to be the best option out there. We have tried Xfinity and several others and only found them to be hard to work with and or lack some of the main features that vonage offers.

Pros

There are many pros to the Vonage system. For us we have offices in different states, so when we have patients calling one office and need another we can transfer them as if we were in the same office. There is also the ability to set up a Virtual receptionist so that your company can seem as if it is a much bigger office giving your customers comfort. You can set up a 800 number as well as faxing all in one place. Very user friendly compared to some of the other IP options out there.

Cons

Setting up the system can be a little time consuming, but well worth it once it is complete. As will all IP phone systems you need to have active internet for the phones to work. If you lose internet due to a storm like we have in the past, your phones need to be routed to another phone like your cell phone to receive calls. The positive is that the system allows this to be changed via the app on your phone so this is just a minor bump in the road.

One of the best service provider for VOIP services

Vonage Business Solutions is one of the reputed service providers for VOIP requirements, there is a vast array of plans and services to choose from, as per an individual's requirements. Now Vonage may be used from Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, Phablets or smartphones too via mobile app. The customer support is efficient and hence one may not be stuck with an issue for too long. There is transparency in service and charges due to monthly pay-as-you-go business model. I will recommend using Vonage Business Solutions for all these reasons.

Pros

Budget VOIP calling plans worldwide. Easy pay-as-you-go business model. Robust Infrastructure, quick and customer friendly customer support. Versatility to use it with various softphones/hardphones. Good Call Quality, Business Reports Functionality, User-friendly UI. One of the oldest brands among VOIP service providers.

Cons

Vonage should offer more functionality with standard plans. I wish call recording feature was standard for a user, without incurring extra charge every month. Not many cons which I may think of at the moment. I also faced some trouble with their Vonage Business Desktop softphone, after which I switched to X-lite, which runs lag free with Vonage Business Solutions.

Premium Pricing, Insufficient Support, Unnecessarily Complex Interface

It provides us with voice communications including an autoattendant. However, the experience has been quite frustrating due to high prices and poor service. The only reason I haven't switched us is because other more important projects are waiting.

Pros

- The mobile app is pretty slick and just works.

Cons

- Pricing is on the higher end for these sort of services and lots of functionality not included by default, must use paid add-on. - The emails they send regularly link to their old admin dashboard, when you click you are prompted to visit the new dashboard, redirected to the individual (instead of admin) dashboard and then have to navigate into the admin dashboard. - The UI has improved leaps and...

Easy to Use

Vonage's apps for computers and phones makes it a seamless extension of my business.

Pros

I love that you can forward calls and messages to your personal cell phone, eliminating the need for corporate phones should the company desire. In addition, the desktop app makes it easy to make calls (even international ones) from anywhere. I like the integration of a company's contact list and speed dials for international locations--we have a large presence outside of the US and it's so simple to speed dial to Ireland quickly. You would think a US-based company would have trouble with this, but it's honestly so seamless with Vonage. Our Corporate team is very happy with the services they provide at a very fair price. I really appreciate how Vonage makes our workflows easier and more efficient.

Cons

I wish that the features of calling a number directly from your computer were better, but honestly that doesn't impact my job too much. There are no major cons for me.

Great VoIP option for small businesses

We have had a great experience overall from the sales rep to the buying process to the customer service and install. We'd definitely recommend them to small business who are looking to save a bit of money (at least compared to our traditional alternative).

Pros

I love the price of this software most of all. This had so many more features than our regular phone service and was cheaper! It's fairly easy to use, has quite a few features, and has worked pretty solidly for us for the 6+ months that we've had it. We don't have plans to change at this point.

Cons

The only thing I'm a little iffy about was that it wasn't easy to switch our fax line over. We definitely ran into hiccups there, but their customer service team was excellent and we figured it out eventually.

Vonage - my view

I have to say . . in the last year, the support has improved tremendously. I think there was a time when mergers and new employees seemed out of touch with the customer but not now. I have been more than pleased with my experience with Vonage lately . . especially call in support. They really do try and figure it out if you have an issue. Nice to see the difference lately! :)

Pros

Software if very easy to use. My overall experience has been good with the software. Pretty self explanatory when it comes to overall review. Drop down selections and menu boxes are easy to understand.

Cons

Found the online phone function or app a little cumbersome. Still a few bugs to work out. I have tried a couple of times and it eventually will be the right route to go with business and functions. I am a little old school . . like the phone on my desk and answer it like a normal. So maybe its the old dog new trick thing . . . I just will keep trying and hopefully it will be just right soon.

Only regret is that we didn't upgrade sooner!

I appreciate the high level of customer service and the responsiveness of the team in general. We decided to move from land lines to VoIP and are very happy that we opted to partner with Vonage for the transition. They have been very patient and helpful along the way.

Pros

The flexibility of this software is my favorite feature. I mostly work from home, and I can easily make changes for any of our users from the online dashboard, the computer app, or the phone app. The end-users at our office have successfully learned how to navigate the handsets and the online dashboards.

Cons

We are still working on our fax numbers. Porting the number from our previous provider has proven difficult.

Vonage Business - A business worth to do with

Pros

1. Easy to understand and work with. 2. Cost Effective plans. 3. Features like SimulRing, Three-Way Calling, Voicemail, and Call Forwarding are very elite and helpful 4. Its feature of VOIP( Voice Over Internet Protocol) has given Vonage more arena to blossom and help its customers. 5. It is available on web as well on phone, hence it has extended accessiblity 6. The extensions available in Vonage helps one to take the call and call anyone, anywhere. 7. Calls, if missed, can be seen as the Vonage team sends an email regarding calls and voicemails, so there is no delay 8. The text message feature helps me to connect with everyone in case, they mis calls or are in bad network area.

Cons

Some times, there is an issue for call drop. But it is minimal and happens due to poor internet connections.

Long-time user

We’ve been having a great experience this software! It’s been helpful for our business and the call forwarding feature has allowed us the ability for some work/life balance.

Pros

We’ve been using this software for our business for over 5 years. Using this for our business phone has allowed us to keep our same phone number even though we moved physical locations. This was very helpful for our business! We also use the call forwarding feature so we can answer business calls when we’re aware from the business.

Cons

Sometimes the connection isn’t as clear as we’d like. It can sometimes sound a little muffled and occasionally we get disconnected from callers. However, it usually works really well and we’re happy with the service.

Great UCaaS solution

Compared to other providers I found that Vonage offered the most bang for your buck. Their solution and support has been solid and I find the user portal to be user friendly.

Pros

The mobility app is a life changer since you can now make and take calls from anywhere in the world and the person calling in would think you are in the office.

Cons

For smaller customers you are pushed towards using the instant chat as it is not easy to call in for support.

Must have for business

I love Vonage's feature set, from being able to text(Although I cant attach or be sent attached items), to the history feature is great for checking for previous calls and the reporting capabilities allows for productivity of employees.

Pros

What I like most about Vonage Business is its versatility in the business environment which allows for varied features! It allows any of our employees to work from home yet appear as if they are in the office.

Cons

The software's quality is very dependent on the broadband speed that it is connected to. It requires at a minimum at least 200 gigabit pipe line for it to function well...be advised there are some hiccups that happen but they are few and far between.

Vonage Business

I like this product easy to use

Pros

Vonage is a great product. You can download the app on the ohone and anwer your phone line from your cell phone or when your in the office turn the app on mute so your phone doesn't ring on your cell.

Cons

I haven't had any issue. If you type what you need help with in the search bar it pretty muchs shows you step by step with clicking on it/