Vonage Business Communications Logo

Suggested alternatives

dialpad-sell
justcall
aircall

It has several useful features that work great for your business needs. Compared to other similar software out there, Vonage is way more reliable for your communication needs.
We needed a business phone for our remote office and this system worked perfectly. Thank you for a low-cost, quality solution.
Overall experience is good as the matter of fact we keep using this service. I still recommend using Vonage as it is very helpful for remote business management.
This company is just so horrible to deal with. Will ruin your day if you have to interact with Vonage Business Support, again only by CHAT from untrained techs.
Poor call quality, Terrible Customer Service and cancellation policy deception.
Their software can have conflicts and compatibility issues depending on the browser. A. Their software TokBox appears to work only with Chrome.

HE

Harlan E.

Practice Administrator

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Must have for business

Transcript

Harlan E: Hi, my name is Harlan and I am a director of operations, and I give Vonage Business a five-star...

Shawn B.

IT Architect

Computer Networking, 11-50 employees

Simplify Business with a Simple Business VoIP Phone System

Transcript

Shawn B.: Hi, my name is Shawn, I'm an IT solutions architect, and I give a five for Vonage Business...

Hayley M.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Many available features and smooth transition

We just switched our company over from RingCentral. RC was easy to navigate, so Vonage is taking some time to learn, but the transition was easy and the features I've been able to use already have been spotless. Having a softphone availability is critical and Vonage Business seems to have created a flawless version.

Pros

I really like the option of a virtual receptionist. As a remote worker, it's vital to have someone "answer" the phone if I miss a call.

Cons

So many features are available to integrate, but it does get overwhelming looking through all the options.

DM

David M.

Media Production, 51-200 employees

Premium Pricing, Insufficient Support, Unnecessarily Complex Interface

It provides us with voice communications including an autoattendant. However, the experience has been quite frustrating due to high prices and poor service. The only reason I haven't switched us is because other more important projects are waiting.

Pros

- The mobile app is pretty slick and just works.

Cons

- Pricing is on the higher end for these sort of services and lots of functionality not included by default, must use paid add-on. - The emails they send regularly link to their old admin dashboard, when you click you are prompted to visit the new dashboard, redirected to the individual (instead of admin) dashboard and then have to navigate into the admin dashboard. - The UI has improved leaps and...

mn

matt n.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Not what we were sold … all the hype none of the product

Not good at all we fell for the scam of tell the customer what they want to hear and hope they never use it

Pros

it had a nice layout in the application

Cons

everything it never worked, we were told constantly by sales and our pm that we had these features but everytime we tried to use them we had to pay an additional fee for them or even if they existed in vonage

EH

Eddy H.

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

A good way to have your call center in order

It has great quality on calls and keeping trakc of your agents via status on thier clients, you can even force to send calls to them if you have someone on a different process. you can listend to calls live, or recordings in both platforms needed. keep in mind on vonage businesss the storage is more limited that in Cotact center, you can even download and connect it via APis, so I'd say we are having a great time managing our call flow wiht multiple queues base on our needs.

Pros

You need two products from vonage but once you have VOnage business and vonage contact center your are able to set up and manage a call center and its workflow and keep track of how your agents are behaving and even assist them if needed via call whispering or call monitoring,

Cons

It can be a bit complex to understand how to connect evrything to get the call flow in order.

BW

Bob W.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Great voip phone system

Setting up Vonage is easy and straightforward and the customer service is top tier.

Pros

Vonage is straightforward and easy to set up they have phenomenal customer service. I have several customers that used Vonage and are absolutely elated about the price and service.

Cons

I would say my least favorite thing about Vonage would be the mobile application as it tends to crash more than expected if you are not using an iPhone.

GG

Greg G.

Banking, 11-50 employees

Vonage - my view

I have to say . . in the last year, the support has improved tremendously. I think there was a time when mergers and new employees seemed out of touch with the customer but not now. I have been more than pleased with my experience with Vonage lately . . especially call in support. They really do try and figure it out if you have an issue. Nice to see the difference lately! :)

Pros

Software if very easy to use. My overall experience has been good with the software. Pretty self explanatory when it comes to overall review. Drop down selections and menu boxes are easy to understand.

Cons

Found the online phone function or app a little cumbersome. Still a few bugs to work out. I have tried a couple of times and it eventually will be the right route to go with business and functions. I am a little old school . . like the phone on my desk and answer it like a normal. So maybe its the old dog new trick thing . . . I just will keep trying and hopefully it will be just right soon.

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

VOIP Phone System Great for Traveling or Working Remotely

We have been utilizing their service for over 6 six years and it's a really good value for your money considering everything that you get. If you're looking for ways to reduce costs, switch to VOIP with Vonage Business so you don't have to keep buying expensive desktop phones and headsets.

Pros

I like the ease of not having a physical phone that can be a hassle when traveling. We use this in our customer service call center and it allows multiple users to log into a queue and manage calls accordingly. It handles call recordings as well which is great for quality control.

Cons

Their system goes down every now and then, outages that has costs us a few customers. We then have to revert to your mobile phones to make outbound calls which is very inconvenient.

Santanu C.

Staffing and Recruiting, 501-1,000 employees

Vonage-One of a Kind

Pros

1-Ease of Use2-Very easy integration with other apps3-Multiple Features4-Great Analytics

Cons

1-Sometimes the issue occurs with the support

Good system

Pros

They have a lot of good features, more than you really need. It's user friendly, no one in the office had any issues using it.

Cons

After setting it up I had to call customer service 8 times before my fax would work. Each time they told me something different and changed the settings. When I told them I was about to cancel they finally had their expert work on it.

Ana Karina G.

11-50 employees

Great

Pros

-It's very easy to use. Recently the sotfware changed a lot its appearance but it looks even better. -The costumer service is pretty good -Friendly looking -

Cons

-Sometimes it doesn't let me listen to the calls, which is pretty stressing. You have to go to the administrator's account in orther to do so -It doesn't have too much space

SF

Sean F.

Computer Networking, 1-10 employees

Vonage Customer Service Complaints

I would like a manager to contact me from Vonage. I recently set up services with Vonage rep. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Our account number is [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I am disgusted with the service I am getting from the Vonage rep. I spent a great deal of time comparing Vonage to Nextiva and decided to go with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] assured us he “would not disappear...

Pros

I didn’t like it. I liked hearing all the promises, by the second our payment was taken service is non-existent.

Cons

Customer Services/functionality has been horrible!

SS

Saral S.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

One of the best service provider for VOIP services

Vonage Business Solutions is one of the reputed service providers for VOIP requirements, there is a vast array of plans and services to choose from, as per an individual's requirements. Now Vonage may be used from Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, Phablets or smartphones too via mobile app. The customer support is efficient and hence one may not be stuck with an issue for too long. There is transparency in service and charges due to monthly pay-as-you-go business model. I will recommend using Vonage Business Solutions for all these reasons.

Pros

Budget VOIP calling plans worldwide. Easy pay-as-you-go business model. Robust Infrastructure, quick and customer friendly customer support. Versatility to use it with various softphones/hardphones. Good Call Quality, Business Reports Functionality, User-friendly UI. One of the oldest brands among VOIP service providers.

Cons

Vonage should offer more functionality with standard plans. I wish call recording feature was standard for a user, without incurring extra charge every month. Not many cons which I may think of at the moment. I also faced some trouble with their Vonage Business Desktop softphone, after which I switched to X-lite, which runs lag free with Vonage Business Solutions.

EJ

Emmanuel J.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Vonage is one of the top calling software for any type of company engaged in business communications

Overall, Vonage provides a distinct business calling experience that is unrivaled by any other software in its pricing range. Vonage's benefits and features vastly surpass some of its current flaws. But I strongly advise any company that deals with corporate communication to give Vonage a try, if only for a little time.

Pros

Vonage's ability to smoothly switch between mobile and PC usage is what I liked best, not to mention how simple and engaging the user experience is.

Cons

It is inconvenient to be unable to read every text messages received and to have to call the Vonage central user for assistance every time. Vonage may look into this.

Government Administration, 1-10 employees

Great VoIP option for small businesses

We have had a great experience overall from the sales rep to the buying process to the customer service and install. We'd definitely recommend them to small business who are looking to save a bit of money (at least compared to our traditional alternative).

Pros

I love the price of this software most of all. This had so many more features than our regular phone service and was cheaper! It's fairly easy to use, has quite a few features, and has worked pretty solidly for us for the 6+ months that we've had it. We don't have plans to change at this point.

Cons

The only thing I'm a little iffy about was that it wasn't easy to switch our fax line over. We definitely ran into hiccups there, but their customer service team was excellent and we figured it out eventually.

SK

Shaumit K.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Vonage Business - A business worth to do with

Pros

1. Easy to understand and work with. 2. Cost Effective plans. 3. Features like SimulRing, Three-Way Calling, Voicemail, and Call Forwarding are very elite and helpful 4. Its feature of VOIP( Voice Over Internet Protocol) has given Vonage more arena to blossom and help its customers. 5. It is available on web as well on phone, hence it has extended accessiblity 6. The extensions available in Vonage helps one to take the call and call anyone, anywhere. 7. Calls, if missed, can be seen as the Vonage team sends an email regarding calls and voicemails, so there is no delay 8. The text message feature helps me to connect with everyone in case, they mis calls or are in bad network area.

Cons

Some times, there is an issue for call drop. But it is minimal and happens due to poor internet connections.

EW

Eric W.

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Great UCaaS solution

Compared to other providers I found that Vonage offered the most bang for your buck. Their solution and support has been solid and I find the user portal to be user friendly.

Pros

The mobility app is a life changer since you can now make and take calls from anywhere in the world and the person calling in would think you are in the office.

Cons

For smaller customers you are pushed towards using the instant chat as it is not easy to call in for support.

PS

Paul S.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

Mac OS desktop app became unusable

The above problem has persisted for months. I'm ready to ditch Vonage for my entire small business and find a new provider.

Pros

Until it stopped working, having telephony seamlessly work across devices from the traditional handset phone on my desk, to the desktop app on my laptop to the app on my mobile phone was very convenient.

Cons

The desktop app on my laptop has stopped working (always crashes immediately after launch) and so I've lost that aspect of functionality. Customer support has been of little help, as they claim that no other users are experiencing this issue, even though I pointed out to them that there are users with the identical complaint on the Vonage tech support site.

DB

Dan B.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Vonage for a Small Business, Remote Workers

Our company uses Vonage daily. We are all remote workers, and we can make/answer calls either at our computers or have calls forwarded to our cell phones. This feature is amazing. Voicemail is also accessed via phone or computer. Overall sound quality is excellent.

Pros

The setup is quite easy, adding users and additional extensions is very easy on the Dashboard. There are lots of features to customize the virtual receptionist and the flow of calls (forwarding, voicemail, how many rings, etc.)

Cons

You are locked in for a year once you setup and pay for an extension. Calls can be a bit laggy (a delay will occur) when calling from my cellphone, but through the computer I don't notice it happening very often. There are lots of other features, but some are add-ons for more money.

UB

Ugochi B.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

No complaints- at all

Pros

I’ve been using vonage for my business for the past 6 years. I started using them in Canada and liked them so much that they were the first company I thought of when I relocated to the States. I like that they give their customers great introductory offers at the start. Thereafter, the rates are fair from year to year. If you want to keep the same rate, all you have to do is let them know of a better offer you have received elsewhere. I bet you they try to match it just to keep you. I love em. Vonage is here to stay.

Cons

No cons at all. No kidding. Why must I have one? I can’t think of one....yet

JW

Jason W.

11-50 employees

Was great until Vonage Purchased Vocalocity

Pros

Simple phone system with no difficulties getting around a business firewall. The app was useful. The online reporting and user configuration was straight forward

Cons

When Vonage made the purchase of Vocalocity, the quality of the service went downhill. The issues became more apparent after moving the customer service call center out of Atlanta to NY/NJ. The last thing someone wants to hear when their phones have been down for 2+ hours is New York attitude thrown back in your face. The service became so unreliable with so many outages, some for over a day, that we had no choice but to find another provider.

AD

Alla D.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

Great idea requires improvement

Pros

I like the idea you can use the online phone number through app and work virtually , even out of the country. It is a perfect solution for working at home business.

Cons

The pros is the online connection but it also can be a cons due to the dependency on the wi-fi connection and it's quality. Sometimes we get updated info on Vonage in a delay (like missing calls and late notifications) and we might miss potential clients. Text messages can't accept images and it is a huge shortage. I hope Vonage is working on developing this additional feature of allowing sending images and documents over text messages.

RF

Ray F.

501-1,000 employees

Good quality at a good price

You will definitely get more bang for your buck with Vonage Business and you still get all of the features.

Pros

Having the ability to forward your work number to your personal phone is a great feature. You also have the ability to make calls from your personal phone while your work phone number shows up on the recipient's caller ID. There are conference call options along with the mobile app options that will keep you and your team connected from almost anywhere.

Cons

The connection is internet based so if you lose power or your internet goes down, you have no phones.

ZB

Ziya B.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,001+ employees

Streamlined Communication Thanks to Vonage

Vonage Business Communications is an efficient and reliable communication platform, despite some downsides. Integration capabilities and the mobile app make it a valuable asset for businesses seeking a comprehensive communication platform.

Pros

Vonage Business Communications offers a variety of communication channels and integrates seamlessly with other business applications like Salesforce and Microsoft Office. The mobile app is user-friendly and enables communication on-the-go.

Cons

Some features are only available on higher-priced plans, the user interface could be more intuitive, and customer support can be slow at times.

Addison R.

Great features, people and savings. VOiP call quality is what it is.

Pros

We've been with the service since it was Vocalocity and compared to other VOiP telephony providers, their software and support was superior especially when you look at the price. Now there's more parity in the market place but at the time, it was a huge gamechanger for us, since we couldn't afford a traditional PBX. The support team is U.S. based and the call center is in Georgia. They've been nothing but friendly and actually helpful. This is crucial since VOiP is a very advanced, technical type of service.

Cons

VOiP is what it is. It's dependent on both your internet service, the connection to their servers, and their servers themselves. Occasionally their service is down, occasionally the call quality is poor. Sometimes it's on their end, sometimes it's local. You're just not going to have the quality consistency of a regular telephone line. That being said, the features that you get with VOiP balance it out.

VK

Viraj K.

Commercial Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Robust VoIP service that offers attractive features

So far it is getting my work done. I can recommend for cost and reliability if you can see your number marked spam.

Pros

Features I needCost effective for long term contractsActivating and signing up is easyVoice quality and rich features

Cons

Call drops in low network bandwidthCross connectionGetting non spam numbers is difficultNumbers are reused multiple times and assigned.