All categories

Whistle Messaging Reviews

Alisa A.

Kendra H.

I love how easy it is to use to communicate with our guests. The automatons have been so helpful to our business especially during covid.

Ali B.

Cons

Sometimes the notification tones are annoying and too frequent.

Michael O.

Sandy W.

The constant carrier violation issues - Frankly it defeats the purpose of the product.

Isabelle C.

4.8

Fantastic platform, continous improvement and innovation

Transcript

Dan: Hi, my name is Dan and I'm a general manager at a small private hotel. I would give Whistle a five...

Great Product for price

Good

Pros

user friendly interface Customizable messages

Cons

Wish there was a way to organize messages (like different categories, etc) we send upwars of 200 a day sometimes so this could be helpful

Thanks for the positive review, John! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Great communication tool

We have definately increased productivity of our front desk operations with this additional communication tool. We are able to better communicate between the housekeeping department and with Guests. It allows us to be more efficient in our daily operations as we are not spending as much time on the phone.

Pros

We liked the ability to be able to communicate with our guests in a faster more efficient way. They didn't need to call us with requests, it could be texted. The Automatic responses set up in the system also helped to answer the everyday questions of Guests without us having to repeat the same information over the phone. It streamlined our processes.

Cons

It doesn't have a lost property feature which other products offered. If a guest left something in a room, the item could be recorded in this program and thus further streamline the process. Other products offered the ability to have the picture of the item, the address of the guests and the tracking info once shipped all recorded in the program.

Thanks for the positive review, Tania! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

• Likelihood to recommend6.00/10

Need further interaction to provide fair review

I am finding it to be more and more useful as I become more familiar with the product. I believe once I take the time necessary to focus solely on the features I will find it to be hugely beneficial to my property as a whole.

Pros

Automated messaging is hugely helpful with communication with our guests! Integration with our current program was simple as [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was invaluable in setting us up!

Cons

I cannot honestly evaluate any negatives as I do not have experience with other products to form a fair comparison.

Thanks for the review and feedback.

AMAZING AND A LIFE SAVER

I bleed yellow and green. I drank the cool-aid and could never imagine my operations without Whistle.

Pros

I was able to integrate Whistle pre-covid, and thank God I did. It is an amazing product that not only simplifies my work day, but communicates with guests that has never been able to be done before without be intrusive. From confirming check in, e-check, no surprises when a guest shows up with more than their reservation states, fix concerns or errors before they happen, and be available for a guests questions that they may have been embarrassed to ask in person.

Cons

Nothing. Any request I have asked as been implemented. They make it perfect

Thanks for the positive review James! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Fantastic platform, continous improvement and innovation

Having been with a previous texting service that was more expensive and less functional, we could not be more pleased with the Whistle product and team. It's legit easy to use and does everything we want it to!

Pros

1. The integration into our property management software (PMS) that allows us to send-out pre-arrival texts to our guests each day. 2. That we can send follow-up messages post stay that include a link to our TripAdvisor page.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any features of functions of the software that I do not like.

Thanks for the positive review, Dan! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Game Changer for My Staff

Set up was easy and support has been great. We needed support to get up and running but haven’t really needed them since—and that tells me it’s well designed product.

Pros

The fact that so many templates can be created and scheduled to go out makes my staffs job so much easier. They don’t have to remember to confirm arrival times or make sure that guests have all their contactless check-in information. We also love the automated review requests based on their response—the AI that is built in has increased the percentage of reviews we get by over 100%. Guests comment all the time that they felt so taken care of and half the time, it’s not even us manually texting them!

Cons

There are a few things you have to sign into the desktop version to update. That is expected though and has not really been a problem, accept when you want to change something fast on the phone app.

Thanks for the positive review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Whistle Mania

From the very first day I was in touch with "Whistle", I was impressed. The immediate follow-up and service was great. The set up was smooth and timely and we were up and running in no time. The system is user-friendly and efficient t and our staff loves it. We are currently exploring implementing Whistle into our F&B as well as Golf Divisions..so stay tuned. Thanks for what you do and keep up the good work:)

Pros

The ease of implementation as well as ease of use...not to forget the fact that our customers love it too

Cons

That I didn't get it sooner is my main disappointment.

Thanks for the positive review, Claus! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Game Changing Software

Pros

Cons

I would love it if they added the option for email templates.

Thanks for the positive review, Ali! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Great guest communication tool

Excellent guest communication tool. Timely (during Covid), but sure to be a great tool well after the pandemic as well.

Pros

The ease if use and initial start-up. Maybe most importantly, our guests love the system and how quickly they get responses to their queries and service requests.

Cons

Dashboard could be a little cleaner and less busy, but otherwise very good.

Thanks for the positive review, Matthew! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Quality Product with Great Features

Great product love how all features have been thought out for practical uses in the industry.

Pros

We are in a mixed use property where are concierge staff provide service to both hotel guests and building residents. This system allows both to communicate easily with the Concierge.

Cons

Setting up some features is a bit complicated. Better assistance in getting these set up would be appreciated.

Thanks for the positive review, Jeff! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

A great tool for streamlining communications with our guests.

Very pleased, it is a valuable asset to any small hotel especially when managed remotely by a small team. It helps maintain personal connection in a time when that is becoming increasingly challenging.

Pros

As a boutique hotel with a very small staff and unconventional operations, Whistle has made communication between myself, my staff and our guests much more efficient. As an adaptation to Covid-19, we have modified our property to run with a contactless, self check-in model and Whistle automatically provides our guests with the information they need immediately and improves the guest's overall experience. As it is 100% my responsibility to ensure the guests questions and issues are addressed promptly, at all times of the day, it is a relief to know I have this tool as support.

Cons

The only issue I have encountered is that if one of my staff members (typically housekeeping) opens a message from a guest, it no longer shows as unread on my platform. There have been several occasions where I have missed an important notification because it was already read and not translated to me by my team as typically this happens on their day off or with something that is not their responsibility to attend to. It could be improved with improved communication between myself and my staff but it would be nice to know that messages with only show as READ as I myself have read them, regardless of if my staff has opened them on their device.

Thanks for the positive review, Mackenzie! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Efficient and approachable multi-tasker's dream

Overall the experience with Whistle has been great. The response time for our guest services is near-instantaneous as we can now respond to requests or questions while working on something else.

Pros

The best part of the Whistle software is its approachability. By utilizing the texting app on a guest's phone, our guest services become just like they are texting a friend. It is great to see guests progress during their stay from short, sometime pointed communication, to adding emojis!

Cons

At first, the dashboard was a bit cluttered and therefore there was a bit of a learning curve. Navigation became easier after some use. However, I do wish there was more definition or contrast in the dashboard. This would greatly improve "quick-glance" reference as often front desk staff is multi-tasking.

Thanks for the positive review, Jordan! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Adds a Personal Touch to Social Distancing

Guests like the ease during their stay. Prior to arrival, they MUCH prefer a text to a phone call--our calls are seldom answered, but the texts almost always are. The first day we used it we tried to run a charge that had an outdated credit card date. We called the guest--no response. We tried Whistle (then a new tool) and the guest called us back 30 seconds later. We knew then it was a winner.

Pros

When we reopened last year, we put a lot of processes in place to keep our guests and our team safe. Unfortunately, many of these changes meant less interactions with our guests. Whistle lets us interact in a safe way--while actually offer BETTER service. Guests frequently mention how easy we are to reach, and how quickly we respond to requests.

Cons

It is frustrating that hitting the 'return' button automatically sends your comment to the guest, even though there is a 'send' button at the bottom. When responding to a complaint, the text is typically longer and I'd like to break it up by a space (but not break it up so much that the guest thinks that sentence is my only response). Also, it seems like when I click on a guest name, the page 'hiccups' and I get the guest below the one I've clicked on. I've learned to be careful and check the name before I send the message.

Thanks for the positive review, Sandy! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Everything that we required and more

It's been a pleasure, to say the least. There are a few key members of their operation that differentiate it from the rest. Quick action and tickets around for a day or two rather than 3 weeks is something that I can't speak enough about.

Pros

The features and integration is something you can only find in the much more expensive products. If you have a custom application, this is your solution. The API is flexible and with a team behind it who actively searches and destroys bugs for breakfast. The automation feature has increased our ROI substantially, and adding custom fields with the API makes even transactional SMS/Whatsapp messages possible.

Cons

There is a learning curve, but I don't think there is a way around that. It's come a long way in the last two years, and I wouldn't say it was too hard to catch on.

Thanks for the positive review, Rod! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Makes communication a breeze

Overall, this is a great way to keep in touch with our guests staying at the hotel and for them to communicate with us, it makes everything much more easier and convenient for both staff & guests to communicate without having to come to the front desk. A welcome text is sent out for the arrivals on the day of, a mid-stay text is sent and when guest is leaving they get a departure text as well. Very well done system.

Pros

I like that I'm able to communicate with guests so simply & guests are able to communicate any problems, concerns and feedback without leaving their room, just a text away. Especially now during this whole pandemic, it makes both the guest and the staff feel more comfortable when they do not need to come down to make a request, complaint or have a concern. I like that you're able to set up and customize the texts that are sent out to the guests - makes it more personal.

Cons

Before the updated whistle, I did not like that you could not organize the requests from guests to know what is done/ taken care of and still needs a follow up. Since the update they have listened to suggestions and improved incredibly. Makes everything so organized.

Thanks for the positive review, Kamila! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

My overall experience with Whistle is a 10/10. I would definitely recommend it to any business looking for texting software to use within their employees or to reach out to clients.

Pros

I love everything about this software. I wouldn't say there is a negative side when using. Working with a lodging company and be able to communicate with our guests, owners, and vendors makes everything so much easier. Not many people like to pick up the phone and call to ask a simple question. This helps a lot with fewer incoming calls coming in when we are busy. You can also set up templates for questions that get asked often which is really nice to have.

Cons

Nothing at all. Everything is easy to navigate.

Thanks for the positive review, Kayla! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

My customers and I are happier than ever with Whistle

Very easy set up, good directions and very quick response from customer service (although you have to text and wait for a reply). I am very happy.

Pros

This is a great product, even for a small Inn like mine. It is the only method of communication that gets an immediate response and makes guests feel like they have a positive relationship with us before they even arrive. I purchased this to be able to easily confirm arrival times and eating restrictions for guests without having to spend hours on the phone, particularly since nobody wants to answer potential robo/sales calls. I had no idea that guests would also use it to ask questions and let me know about any concerns or issues that they have, so that I can address them immediately. It is also nice because I can respond to the texts on my computer or phone easily and don't have to step out to take a call.

Cons

It is taking me a while to learn about all of the features, but this is no different than other software.

Thanks for the positive review, Kitt! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Helped streamlined our communication with our guests!

The daily number of phone calls had drastically increased last year and it was becoming more & more difficult to catch them all. The Whistle program has increased our personal contact with our guests while lower the call volume.

Pros

Love the AI feature. Still adding options as we continue to use. We had a third party help with set up but since using it, I have made adjustments and had no difficulty. We did wait to sign up until Whistle was compatible with our reservation system. The chat feature added to our website, has cut down on phone calls and missed reservations. We have not yet used the tickets or tasks, so I have no opinion for that.

Cons

After using Whistle for a little over a month, the only con so far is with the integration with our reservation system (RezStream Cloud). In this continued pandemic, guests are constantly cancelling and moving their reservations. The integration is minimal, so those changes don't get synced. However, it is quite easy to delete or edit the reservation in Whistle. It's just another step added :( I hope that in the future the integration will be improved.

Thanks for the positive review, Kyla! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Great Results and Operations Ease of Software

We have had a most positive experience with Whistle. We began researching for options contactless hospitality solutions for maintaining the finest guest service during the COVID-19 pandemic and for other reasons. We are pleased thus far with the product.

Pros

The ease of utilizing the software on desktop , mobile devices and the various options for interacting with our guest. The software also offers the ease of communicating with other staff members and assigning tasks to staff members to quickly resolve any housekeeping or maintenance issues for our guest in a timely manner. A positive result of this ease of communication reduces radio communications that could previously be overheard by our guests.

Cons

We have no complaints with this product and are actually looking at utilizing other features that are available at another pricepoint.

Thanks for the positive review, Barry! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Our Company Loves Whistle

Pros

Biggest Pro is that we love it but as important, they have the best Support Team that we've ever worked with. I'm CEO so I don't involve myself with this end but I've heard one of my Managers constantly raving about Whistle support - quick responses, desire to customize if we needed something not offered. Overall A+, fabulous product with stress free support.

Cons

I don't use the product - my staff does - this field being required did now annoy me!

Thanks for the positive review, Alisa! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Whistle

Pros

Whistle gives us many features to communicate with out guests. It's great to send a welcome note, in-house information such as they received a package or fax, sending thank you texts once the guest has left the property.

Cons

I wish that it was integrated with out system so that it could auto send out welcome messages without us needed to upload the arrivals daily.

Thanks for the positive review, Alicia! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Whistle has helped our guest communication experience x 1,000,000%

Especially in a time where we need to socially distant, Whistle helped us improve our communication experience with our guests immediately. It gave us an easy way to communicate with guests using texting, as well as an easy way to answer potential guests via our website chatbot. This has helped lessen call volume and in turn allow us to serve more of our guests, more efficiently. I would definitely recommend Whistle as a great tool.

Pros

Whistle is simple to use and offers a wealth of options and features. The most important thing is the ease of use for our guests. Support is easy to reach and quick to react and address any issues or questions we have had.

Cons

Figuring out what features are available under the plan we are enrolled under.

Thanks for the positive review, Michelle! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Privacy is great

The ease of learning how to use it and setting it up makes it user-friendly for most anyone that is not skilled in computer Ways.

Pros

That the customers can contact you directly and with the little “whistle” sound you notice from a current and active client. You can also give them the dedicated phone number to contact someone that is taking your place or the number so they can contact you without giving your personal cell phone number. That is huge for them not to have your personal number.

Cons

Easier access to have them opt in when it is not necessary in certain areas of the world to require that opt in. For example hospitality when they’ve already made a reservation and giving you permission to contact them.

Thanks for the positive review, Julie! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Time saver!!

I would definitely recommend Whistle to any business that values communication with their customers!

Pros

Whistle has been very integral part of our companies workflow, and is a huge time saver! Our customers love the constant communication, and the automation they offer makes it possible for it all to happen with minimal effort on our part. I love the quick responses from customer service when we need support, and they and great about adding features that help their customers.

Cons

Every time I have had an issue Whistle support has solved it with the next update.

Thanks for the positive review, Kendra! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

This new product is the new best thing in the hospitality industry!

Check ins are easier. Resolving guest concerns are easier. We love this product. I guess the only downside is that we are so accessible to our guests!! But they even have answers for that you can program in if it is a problem.

Pros

With the advent of COVID, we now have access to each guest who comes to our property. We check them in online, answer questions, remind them of dinner and massage appointments, check with them about concerns. They don't need to put on a mask and come find someone. The guests love it and we love it!

Cons

When we started it was a difficult to get responses from management when we had questions. But we have learned there are tutorials and it is pretty self taught. Don't expect any hand holding.

Thanks for the positive review, Deanne! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!