CI HUB Connector Logo

CI HUB Connector

Digital asset management and integration platform

CI HUB Connector Reviews

4.3

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.47/10

Reviews by rating

Top 3 alternatives

Overall CI HUB is very handy in terms of user friendly and also great asset to save the time to get your tasks done ontime.
It can take longer for the bigger files, which is understandable. We can't just add assets to it on a whim, which is more of a company complaint than a hub complaint.
Once packaged and uploaded the process seems to be hit and miss when it comes to updating or revising.
It was a little difficult to integrate this at work with our current system.

Marco M.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Making easy to share the right content on all platform

CI Hub is designed by people with a deep understanding of the creative workflow, and it implements well in this application field. But it could be used also in other environments, like updating of elements in dynamic sites, where you publish information on demand. We are seeing its complete usage including metadata manipulation as a vehicle for addressing content creation in a number of places, including education.

Pros

With CI-hub it is easy to define and access your content interface, full of metadata, searchable and available on an ever growing number of platforms. What I like best is the ability to connect closed vertical environments like a DAM with general purpose environments like google cloud and office 365 or even Figma

Cons

the sw appeared to be quick and consistent so far. What I am missing is an Api interface to probe in specific contexts

VB

Vipin B.

Design, 201-500 employees

Very helpful for link and modify any image

Overall experience is sound good. My work is become more easy rather than in previous

Pros

Show all assets in one place. so it's very helpful for a link in InDesign

Cons

In the InDesign window, it shows very tiny so I have to search in DAM then copy the name and find in InDesign. there should be some shortcuts.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

awesome product

I'm glad I got a chance to try it out because I would never have discovered this product without a free introduction to it!

Pros

Having a centralised asset and asset management resource. This is significant because without this feature and benefit, no one would be on the same page, and the project's integrity would suffer.

Cons

It takes time to understand how to use it and to teach others how to do it in a way that is not scary.

BD

Brad D.

Telecommunications, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

A Digital Production Tool

It worked well in instances that with multiple files using the same assets, but didn't really help with managing unique and custom made graphics kept on the desktop.

Pros

I liked that you could search and find assets within the file being worked on and that the assets updated automatically when revised.

Cons

The search/browsing window was too small and the assets were hard to see.

SB

Steven B.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 10,001+ employees

Good integration, needs a "sorting" feature

We're working on implementing a Digital Asset Management system to streamline our workflows, reduce email attachments, and synchronize our assets. CI HUB helps our Graphic Designers by letting us import assets from our DAM directly into our creative apps, using the same interface regardless of which app we're using. I've had a few issues with the login process, and the lack of a sort feature makes it less convenient than searching through our assets on the DAM website in a web browser, but it's still an invaluable tool, and I look forward to future updates making it even better!

Pros

CI HUB is what lets my company integrate our chosen digital asset management tool into the creative apps we use. I can access Brandfolder assets from directly within Adobe apps and even PowerPoint. I can drag assets from the CI HUB panel into my document. This downloads the asset into a preset local drive folder in order to let me use it, and yet in my document, it remains linked to the cloud asset even after I hand off the file to another designer. This is a great advantage!

Cons

There needs to be a sorting feature, where I can sort my asset search results or asset section/folder contents by relevancy, date modified, date uploaded, etc. That would speed up my ability to find the right asset.

CP

Clint P.

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Just love it

Great! just love it.

Pros

Once staff were upskilled it is highly functional and delivers on our needs. I have 4 staff all using a network sharedrive that is mapped tothe same cihub folder which makes it even more functional for an inhouse team.

Cons

Haven't encountered anything that we don't like yet. If anything it is the speed of thumbnailing but i cant solely blame cihub for that.

VK

Vinod K.

Wine and Spirits, 201-500 employees

Overall this is very good, much appreciated.

Pros

Easy and Hassel Free. Everyone can use this with a small training

Cons

It store the data on the local drive. And after sometime system become slow. Lastly have to remove those one.

LK

Lisa K.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Organization, Collaboration, and Peace of Mind

I am glad I got a chance to try it out, because I never would have otherwise discovered this product had it not been for a free introduction to it!

Pros

Having a centralized resource for assets and asset management. This is important because without this feature and benefit, no one would be one the same page, and the integrity of a project diminishes.

Cons

Need to spend time learning how to utilize it and train others to do so that is not intimidating.

JR

Joel R.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Useful!

Speeds up my workflow and makes things feel more streamlined

Pros

I appreciate that the software is easily integrated into my existing products, it made for a seamless link between the two.

Cons

No cons to make note of, everything I've encountered has worked as I need.

JR

Janet R.

Import and Export, 1-10 employees

Game Changer

Pros

We find his product has been easy to use.

Cons

We find his product is a bit expensive, but worth it.

CB

Candice B.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Cuts down on our time spent per project

We've done away with some of our best practices during the pandemic so we may need to return to them - ie having a support folder with all embedded assets within a project folder - but I'm not sure if we'll go back or not.

Pros

We started using CI Hub during the pandemic so we could access all our assets remotely and share files from clients and vendors in less steps. The search feature is the best part for me. We no longer need to look across a half dozen potential locations or move everything to a single project folder, although best practices still say we should!

Cons

The process of adding all our asset sources wasn't totally seamless but we eventually got the hang of it.

LM

Lydia M.

Environmental Services, 201-500 employees

Good Digital Asset Management System

Overall, we love this product and use it all the time. Much better than a external drive with assets located in all different locations. It saves us a lot of time in our design process.

Pros

The customer service is awesome. The customization of the hub is great and being able to share links to specific assets and keeping other assets hidden really keeps things clean and smooth in our business. Also, great organization tool and keeps all our digital assets in one place and easy to access with the search tool.

Cons

The Adobe connector is not great. It's clunky and busy and hard to use the tool in it to find an asset and place into Adobe. It doesn't seem to link the assets to the DAM but instead saves that asset to the individual's computer which makes sharing InDesign documents harder.

AM

Amr M.

Higher Education, 11-50 employees

Time-saving Digital Assets Solution.

As an Instructional Designer,CI-HUB saves my time and effort on switching between various digital assets services providers applications to search, find, and use a specific picture. I use the CI-HUB add-on in PowerPoint to insert images into my presentation slides from Adobe Stock images. Also, I use the CI-HUB Connector of Microsoft SharePoint, OneDrive, and Google Drive.

Pros

CI-HUB is an easy-to-use add-on that integrates with commonly used business applications. It connects all the user's digital assets services from various service providers. It allows users to search, select, and insert their digital assets directly into many applications they might be working on, like PowerPoint.

Cons

Although the Ci-Hub comes with a free plan, it would be better if the paid plans were cheaper to allow users to benefit from the full features at a more affordable price.

Thanks a lot. Andy

RH

Rosanna H.

Consumer Goods, 5,001-10,000 employees

Easy and User Friendly

Pros

The software is super easy to integrate but the features and usability are the best part. It is very simple to add, delete and search for content. Everything is easily categorized and doesn't take a lot to figure out where to find information.

Cons

With any new product it takes a while to learn how to use it across teams, customer services was very helpful, I wish we had a bit more of available docs to help continuous onboarding

SS

Skye S.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Makes Searching for Assets Easy

Pros

When working a design comp, you never have to leave Adobe to search for assets. That eliminates a lot of time looking for assets, copying and pasting them over into your links folder, or manually downloading them from your DAM and loading into your Adobe file.

Cons

By default CI HUB sorts from oldest upload to newest upload. I haven't found a setting in the interface to flip this order yet, but I'm sure it's there!

MK

Marc K.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

CI-Hub Connector

Team was very easy to work with and product has performed well.

Pros

This software was also customized to work with an in-house solution. Turn around was quick and accurate and very cost effective without building from scratch. Software updates itself so very little maintenance required.

Cons

Future update or SDK should allow end users to build connections to back-end systems.

AT

Andy T.

Sporting Goods, 10,001+ employees

Nice clear workflow

Pros

I like this software is Simple click and clear workflow is not hard for me.

Cons

Can't check the bigger images in browser is too low pixel, if we have the option for bigger images for checking in online no need to download in photoshop will be better.

KS

Kaustabh S.

Packaging and Containers, 201-500 employees

My CI HUB Satisfaction Journey

The best connector & tool ever I have seen. Speeding up working like search speed.

Pros

CI HUB platform & Team help us to manage our Digital Assets.

Cons

There is nothing I find that the Software is lacking somewhere except the cost of ownership.

RK

Raj K.

Design, 501-1,000 employees

Asset managment

Its good to make all the people on same platform.

Pros

A common pool tool to used art all over the world.

Cons

When file open on another system we need to relink all the asset. It makes work low.

KZ

Ken Z.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

CI HUB Adobe CC is easy and seamless

Pros

really helps our clients push/pull assets with Adobe CC and their DAM, ease of install, search, and covers many CC applications.

Cons

stores a copy of the digital asset on users local machine. Rather just push/pull straight from the DAM

JP

Jason P.

Utilities, 1,001-5,000 employees

My honest review

It's great, I would recommend CI HUB to my other designer friends especially if they work on large files over a network.

Pros

I like that I don't have to link huge sized files over the company server to my work

Cons

The software can be tricky when searching for an image if the library isn't organized cleanly

Fabian H.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

German made software connector for Adobe CC and Office 365, among other cloud services

My experience with CI HUB can be described as it's simple to use, which is a boon to creative users who don't have to learn how to use a new tool, and saves a lot of time while adopting it to into the team's workflow.

Pros

The thing I like the most about CI HUB is the ability to use boolean operators to refine search results and to use keywords as filters.

Cons

The thing I like the least about CI HUB is the need to approve google oauth access to use the connector in google chrome.

PJ

Paras J.

Design, 201-500 employees

Great Product in terms of Digital Asset Management

Pros

You do not have to go specially on biden website and download the images instead you just can search the name of the image and drag it on your design

Cons

We are really look forward about the storage feature bec it takes PC space to save the images of digital assets i think we can do something to improve the storage system

JS

Jonas S.

Design, 1-10 employees

Great timesaver for my daily work

It is impressive how easy to install and use the product. The drag and drop functionality with pictures and content is really gerat and I never loose the control to use the right picture and content. Place psd or eps files in a ppt slide is the best timesaver in Microsoft 365.

Pros

I use CI HUB in Adobe and Microsoft applications. It is the best time saver application what I ever used before.

Cons

There are no cons so fare. Would love to have the tool also in frame.io and Shopify

DB

Dan B.

Banking, 201-500 employees

Does What it's Supposed to, Just in a Very Ugly Way

CI Hub's functionality is terrific, full featured and typically reliable. The experience of actually using CI Hub is really annoying however.

Pros

CI Hub provides an effective integration between Adobe CC and Brandfolder. Using CI Hub provides the ability to add, delete, edit, and share materials right from the Adobe applications.

Cons

The user experience and interface is dreadful. Truly, shockingly, bad. Every step of the process is slightly more difficult than it should be because the app is so poorly designed visually. All of the features are there but they make you fight every step of the way.

Hello Dan, thanks for the review. It is really cool. So i am very sorry to hear that you choose CI HUB because of its features, and that this makes it so dreadfull. Send me an email to support@ci-hub.com, and i am happy to learn how we can improve or i return your subscription. Andy