"Aplos CRM and Donation Software"

Joyce Hodson

Aplos CRM and Donation Software

Reviewed 2016-10-10
Review Source: Software Advice

We do Fundraising for our school district to provide programs not covered in the basic curriculum. Our budget is $350,000 a year with less than 2,000 donors. We were looking for a program for our nonprofit that would provide a customer records management system, accounting system and credit card processing. Aplos provides all three at a very affordable price.

4.42/5 (121 reviews)

Bart Goddard

Floats to the top

Reviewed 2017-01-18

Aplos is doing the job for me. Some things are frustrating, but mostly, it's better than doing things by hand or by spreadsheet. Occasionally odd things happen. For instance, it's now January 17, and the home page is telling me that my YTD income is different from my monthly income. This can't be true in January. Similar things happen in some reports. The balance sheet will say that a fund has X dollars, but the report for that fund will say Y dollars. So there are some quirks to get around, but it's no worse than making a spreadsheet (or other software that knows nothing about fund accounting) behave. I like the reports Aplos generates. Especially at the end of the year, when everyone in our congregation wants a statement for their taxes. It's really just one button. If I were the boss of Aplos, the first thing I'd change is that I'd clean up the wasted screen real-estate. There's a button on the bottom right that has a bad habit of covering half the number I want to see, and pop-up "alerts" occasionally disrupt my work. And the box the pop-ups come from is also wasted screen area. Actually, this box keeps telling me I'm 85% set up. It's wrong. I'm as set up as I want to be. I can't see how to make the box go away, except to buy more product which I don't need. This amounts to a pop-up ad, and not the good kind. So this isn't a glowing review. But software nowadays is written so poorly, that bare competence floats to the top. Aplos is better than anything else I've used, but that's not saying a lot. If they raise the price again, I'm going back to spreadsheets.

Wendy Adams

APLOS Software for my Small (but growing) Church

Reviewed 2018-12-28
Review Source: Software Advice

The people at APLOS are great to work with. Easy to reach out to, quick to respond, They are really good at listening to my particular need and showing me how APLOS helps with it vs. just a generic response. Also, you can't beat the price. (I got a Black Friday 50% off special for a year). I looked at other options - some were too much for my need (both cost and complexity) and some could be made to work (Quickbooks for example) but were not really designed for a church. This is PERFECT for us.

Brandon Bailey

Simple and easy, but with advanced features for those who need it.

Reviewed 2018-10-09

We began using Aplos as a brand new church. They helped us every step of the way as we grew - absolutely stellar customer service! We still don't have the complexity that some larger churches do, but every time we have needed to add something, the capacity has been there. The one exception was the lack of payroll integration, which I understand that they are now adding but we have not used yet. What I love about the product is that it is easy for us who are new to accounting to use, but also robust enough that our treasure (CPA) is able to use it in more complex ways.

Terry Wilcox

Amazing Fund Accounting software for small to medium non-profits!

Reviewed 2015-03-07

If you are busy with the stuff that your non-profit is about, and accounting for the organisation is a necessary dragon, then Aplos will be your knight in shining armor to slay it! Having implemented a number of other products for small organisations in the past (Quickbooks, Xero, Sage, MS Dynamics GP) I have to give the award for easiest, quickest & most readily accepted to Aplos. If you want to account for your Funds discretely (separate pots of income) then Aplos just works! Took about an hour to sign up and set up a sandbox (using the trial license) to represent the way my small organisation works - I uncovered a couple of desirable features for product development (see later) but within another 30 minutes I had reports and analysis that would do the job for us so much better than my grumpy accountant! - I showed the software to a user who, after a 5 minute demo, needed no more explanation and was able to enter transactions with multiple expense lines each separately analysed by fund. The user interface is clearly the 'killer' feature - it is so intuitive that I wonder why others didn't think of it (why didn't I think of it?). The transaction input process for most accounting products is the 'ugly baby' of the product - in Aplos it's the wonder child! Some caveats to bring this back to earth... a) The product is currently for the North American market - needs additional features to make it more readily accepted in UK/Europe: 1. Needs a parameterised currency symbol (we don't do dollars!) - but the easy export of reports allows replacement of currency symbol in Excel. 2. Online donations (a great feature!) require a US Bank Account 3. Needs Paypal integration 4. UK giving sites like justgiving.com are very common - integration needed b) Many grant funders want a full budget before grant - we then need to account against the budget elements (e.g. £500 for travel + £5000 for salary). Aplos currently doesn't budget by Fund element (just at Fund level) but the Income Report provides a full breakdown by expense for each Fund (so allowing manual comparison). The free support provided by Aplos is responsive and helpful and I am assured that most of these features are on future development plans. I'm just going to go ahead and sign up for the paid version - I need this software so that I can get on with the purpose of our Charity!! Terry Wilcox Project Director In2Out www.in2out.org.uk

Patty Bialak

Aplos far out performs its competition

Reviewed 2018-04-04
Review Source: Software Advice

Overall, this is the best software for the money and I highly recommend it both for the product and the customer service.

Roslyn Currin

Great Software for Non-profits

Reviewed 2019-07-01

Aplos has THE BEST Customer Service team you could ask for! No matter what the issue or who answers the phone, I am always treated professionally and courteously. For example, I recently called because our church was changing our fiscal year from the calendar year to a July-June year. In a matter of minutes, I was on my way with my questions answered! At times when what I wanted wasn't available in the software, I have always been told that my request would be sent to the IT team for review and consideration. I like the fact that Aplos LISTENS to its customers and responds! The webinars and support areas offered are always helpful as well. Lastly, I personally enjoy the humor of the Aplos team; and the occasional contests/prizes are fun, too!

Brandon Bailey

Perfect Solution For A Church Plant

Reviewed 2017-01-04

Starting a new church comes with a lot of tasks for a small group of people that are typically spread out between many in larger churches. We didn't have anyone with professional accounting experience, and we didn't need anything complicated to start out. Aplos was the perfect solution! They offered us a discount as a church plant, and got us moving in the right direction. Now four years into the process, Aplos has grown with us. We have been able to easily add others to the account management, add new funds and new features as we have grown, and the customer service has been quick and helpful whenever we have needed it. Some things I like best: *easy to use *the "dashboard" gives a quick read on finances at a glance *fund-based accounting makes it easy to track various donations *customer service is excellent *cloud-based design makes access easy from anywhere Things I would like to see improved: *I would love to be able to integrate payroll with Aplos *Report can be customized, but not always as much as we would like Overall, this is an excellent product for the value and I would recommend it to anyone starting out.

Brian Rihner

Great Church Software with wonderful customer service

Reviewed 2017-01-04

We have been very satisfied with Aplos as our main accounting software. The customer service has been top notch and many of our suggestions about improving the software have been implemented into new versions. Hoping for a more robust Contacts module (email, texting, more information tracking) in the future!

Sherry Naron

Good Software for Beginning Nonprofits

Reviewed 2018-07-13

I like that everything is all together in one spot - donor software, accounting, newletters and online giving forms. I like how when someone gives online through your forms that it automatically incorporates into your accounting and saves info from the giver into your contacts. Their customer service and support is their beacon of light. Extreme strong point. It's almost as if you have nonprofit accountant on your staff to answer your questions. They answer you quickly, and their answers are always helpful. And often times they've logged in and completely helped me fix an issue. This is the best thing I love about them and something that makes them completely unique. This was a game changer for me as a brand new nonprofit and didn't know what I was doing. I can't say enough about this! This is what makes me recommend them to everyone I know that's a nonprofit leader.

Linda Johnson

Aplos Fund Accounting

Reviewed 2016-11-23
Review Source: Software Advice

I have used the basic version Aplos for our small nonprofit foodshelf for nearly a year. I am a novice at accounting, so I started with the fun, informative teaching videos and it all made sense. Initially setting up the accounts we needed took some thought, but it was up and running in a short time. I'm able to enter transactions quickly, make changes easily as needed, and run all the reports I need for our payroll taxes. I love the fact that it doesn't use more complicated terminology, like "customer, vendor, employee" like QB, because that's not what we call our donors and suppliers. I like the check printing function, too, but it would be great if Aplos could print deposit slips. I have to re-enter into QB and then print it out, or do a handwritten deposit slip. Other than that, I am very happy with Aplos. Have not needed customer support yet, except to ask if it had a deposit slip printing function. My answer was prompt and courteous. Our Board was pleased that we were able to get a discount on the monthly rate since we have a small budget, and the fact that Aplos is cloud-based means both the treasurer and foodshelf manager can access the software without going onsite. Definitely a PLUS! Bank reconciliation is a breeze, too.

Dr Rev Brian MUllins

Aplos Software Review: Why it's the best Software for Small Non-Profits

Reviewed 2018-02-08
Review Source: Software Advice

I would recommend it to anyone who needs both an accounting and donor management solution for their non-profit organization.

Denise Shatos

Aplos is perfect for Non-Profits who want easy bookkeeping.

Reviewed 2014-08-20
Review Source: Software Advice

It is affordable for every non-profit. It is very simple and basic to use, and they have great customer service. They saw a need for non-profits to have an easier way of doing their finances other than Quickbooks and met that need at a very affordable price, which is very important to non profits. Simplicity is important because often, the bookkeeper is a volunteer and does not have the experience required to use a cumbersome program like QuickBooks. I like that they allow you to use if free for a month first to try it out. We have never experienced a time when we could not get on the Aplos website. I am in an accountant's office, and I love the fact that I can go online anytime to check on my client's progress with their transactions at no cost to us! This is the sign of a non-greedy company who is here to meet a need.

Priscilla Ballinger

Best customer support ever!

Reviewed 2017-01-11

I have been very happy with Aplos Accounting and have used for over 4 years now. My favorite thing about Aplos is the customer support. The Aplos team is easy to reach by phone and have always been willing to help answer questions, give suggestions and solve problems no matter how much time it takes. It's nice to talk to a real person and not to have to email the question and wait for a reply back. Thank you Aplos team for your help over the last 4 years!!!

Vickey Richardson

Aplos is Great for Churches and NonProfits

Reviewed 2018-02-12
Review Source: Software Advice

Even with the bank integration issues with some of my clients and the lack of apps that connect, I still highly recommend this awesome accounting and donation tracking software!

Gregory Yount

Excellent Software!!!

Reviewed 2017-12-13
Review Source: Software Advice

This software does it all for non-profits. It's ability to track donors, provide year-end contribution statements, payroll and W-2's, as well as track by budget every transaction helps our small church in ways we'd otherwise have to hire an accountant to do. I'm looking forward to a year of reports that fit our needs. The customizable reports and standard reports make this the flexible program we need around here. It even does a few things that we don't need - like printing checks. Compared to QuickBooks, this just FITS the non-profit better. It's fund accounting helps us manage ear-marked monies as well as multiple accounts. Additionally, the ability to use the software over multiple platforms makes it handy, too. Our treasurer can do his work from home, and we can print the reports anytime from the church. Department heads and the pastor can always check where their budget areas stand. Pretty useful.

Billy Goudeau

Great Church Financial Software

Reviewed 2012-05-19

After looking at several other church financial software products, we decided on Aplos Software and are very satisfied with the product. It meets all of our needs.

Stephanie Hill

Easy to Use Software for Non profits

Reviewed 2019-01-25

I really liked the software and the compatibility to link it with your bank account. This software actually does assist with mailing out info to donors and setting up recurring donations etc.

Anonymous

Efficient and Easy

Reviewed 2019-02-12

The software is easy to use and not too expensive. Minimal accounting or bookkeeping experience is needed.

Kathryn Vasquez

My favorite online software EVER

Reviewed 2019-04-11

Aplos is super user-friendly. The training videos are clear, concise and so helpful. It only takes minutes to set up your system and customize it. And the ability to customize is limitless!!!

Susan Feit

Great for our small Condo Association

Reviewed 2018-11-02

They are incredibly responsive, and when we initially set up the Accounts, they spent the time with me to help set us up based on our needs.

Justine Vargas

Affordable and Friendly

Reviewed 2018-04-23
Review Source: Software Advice

This is extremely affordable software for everyday Church needs. Their customer support is extremely helpful. Interface is easy to manage.

David Meade

a wonderful transition from QB

Reviewed 2016-12-07
Review Source: Software Advice

Aplos fund accounting structure helped us organize our accounting in much better consistency and compliance with non-profit standards. QuickBooks forces your to twist and turn their product to fit with non-profit practices. Having online access by multiple "seats" is a big step forward in efficiency. Aplos support staff have been over-the-top and better-than-expected helpful, from initial import or data to addressing specific features we wanted.

Jasmia Small-Jarrett

Aplos Review

Reviewed 2018-09-28

Overall, Aplos has been great with improving the software and I can tell that they are really listening to feedback.

Tammy Dunn

Excellent program

Reviewed 2017-01-18

I have used this program for at least 5 years. The program has grow as my needs change. There are parts of the program that I don't use because I am the treasurer for a small church and I don't need them at this time. Anytime I have contacted the company I have received excellent help.

Ryan French

Extremely easy, cloud-based accounting software

Reviewed 2018-04-25

The fact that Aplos Accounting is cloud-based means that I can access our books from any computer, whether I am at the office or not.