BuildOps Logo

BuildOps

All-in-one software for commercial MEP contractors

BuildOps Reviews

User ratings

4.9

• Likelihood to recommend9.54/10

See full reviews by rating

Cons

While it contained a ton of functionality, it was broken up into very clear modules and logical in how everything was laid out. The accounting connection is airtight and no more double-entry.
Schedule your implementation right away. It took us longer to schedule a live date (our fault) and when we finally decided, we had to wait a couple extra weeks.

BuildOps users...

mHelpDesk-logocaret
listing-logo

mHelpDesk

How would you rate BuildOps?

One of the most user-friendly software I've ever used

Chose Buildops so that everything is in one location and it's easy to navigate. I'm currently handling invoices, jobsite quality and tracking technicians and can do it all from the platform. That's fantastic. Its a real time saver

Pros

Communication with the support team and the system is pretty affordable with all the functionality. I'm using the majority of their tools and have seen updates to the software (for the better). [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is great. She really makes our experience with buildops a positive one.

Commercial and Residential HVAC/R company

Equipment info requirred Drive time clock Partnership agreements Staff and programmers very great service

Pros

Inventory management Ease of use Can not skip steps being a tech Can not clock out without necessary info

Cons

none at this time. We all are excited to have this software

Great project management and jobs tracking

Like them a lot, great team - reach out to them for advice and assistance every couple weeks (they have taught me a lot)

Pros

I use this one on a daily basis for project management, job tracking, BI and data, and reporting

Cons

So far, I like everything about this software - very easy for me to take my construction project data and operations data, and move it to Tableau

Excellent Software for Growing HVAC Businesses

Preventative maintenance agreements, evaluations, and monitoring - makes it easier to know where we are at any given time rather than having to look in several places. It's also improved by having excellent integrations with our accounting program.

Pros

BuildOps has helped us grow in a variety of ways. We were initially drawn in by the reporting and automation features. We've gained a lot of insight into our business, which has helped us enhance our dispatching, agreements, and tracking to become a better run company. Above all, the customer assistance and training are excellent.

Cons

Our sales process doesn't quite map to the software out of the box. This might be unique to us but we've found workarounds.

BuildOps has completely transformed our business to being incredibly efficient

Buildops has literally transformed our business in so many ways it is really mind boggling. I didn’t even realize that their was this much opportunity out there. Our company had 5 separate softwares and switching over to Buildops has brought it all under a single roof and dramatically increased efficiency and output. Our folks out in the field and in the back office can share information seamlessly...

Pros

The best part is its super easy to use and so well thought out that it takes most of our folks just a few hours before they get comfortable with the basics. Its powerful under the hood but easy to navigate. We have gone paperless and having everything talk to the each other has reduced our admin burden enormously. Our revenues are up with the photos/videos and quotes that make the entire process seamless.

Cons

We haven’t had any negative experiences with this software. It’s a real godsend.

Build Ops- Hands down the best product for subcontractor teams!!

This is literally my fourth time around with some type of field service platform and I almost gave up. I just didn't think that it existed. I am beyond satisfied with BuildOps. Its easy and and most important, it is clear. The actual implementation was painless and I loved working with the team. having spent time in the trenches and having contractors on the team made all the difference. They knew...

Pros

Super simple and easy to navigate around. The buttons and color scheme make it hard to mess up- even for non tech guys like the guys I have in the field and office. Schedule and planning in advance are huge. The Dispatch board is hands down the best dispatch board around. Compare their dispatch board to any other software and you will see its light years ahead of the game with the multiple techs and...

Cons

The team is second to none and I am happy with everything that they have communicated and delivered.

“Thanks BuildOps. You have a great product that solved our problems.”

I began helping a friend with his business about two years ago now. I started working with the girls in the back office and watched them use so much paper it was crazy. I was trying to help and get things organized so that if something happened to one of the managers, we would have a backup plan and wouldn’t be left scrambling. After some time, I just started running the office and was overwhelmed...

Pros

Ease of use is just the best out there hands down. So simple and powerful. Well thought through from end to end and everything under one platform.

Cons

No complaints. We are happy as a clam about BuildOps.

World-Class Field Service Platform!

BuildOps team knows what they are doing. They are different from every other software in that they LISTEN. They want to know how their customers think and feel and get deep into the weeds with us. They are constantly making improvements. I have spent a lot of time with the team at their training and their offices since we are close to their main office and am always blown away at how much good intel...

Pros

Design, design, and design. So easy to use for my guys in the field that want simple. Anything not extremely simple will not get used. My guys get dirty in the field and want everything to be easy like to speak notes into the app and have it just translated into text and the problem sent over in the invoice. BuildOps does all of that and more.

Cons

This company doesn’t leave much to be desired. They are constantly releasing really cool new features but always err on the side of over communicating and keep you in the loop exactly how I like it.

BuildOps enabled us to expand into a multi-office contractor

The most critical component of the change with BuildOps was that it was so easy and robust that it allowed us to open up a satellite office that soon grew into a real branch. We were always planning on it but didn’t have confidence in the right platform. The way we manage our jobs and communication is now light years ahead of where it was. Reports reflecting detailed margins and better oversight...

Pros

Great value and great customer service. An elegantly simple product with everything you need. We did a ton of due diligence and couldn’t be happier with this product.

Cons

Screen refreshes used to be a little slow but now are nearly instant

Great project management and job tracking capabilities

Great PM functionality, solid features on job and customer management side, excellent customer care team.

Pros

Buildops platform offers a wealth of project management and project/job tracking capabilities - really good software engineering.

Cons

I've been mainly using the tool on the project management side and tracking - only good things to say about them.

Highly Recommend for Electrical Contractors

Pros

Intuitive and easy to use platform, that allows for mass collaboration and transparency . Easily digitize your commercial service. The company was built by an experienced dev team from the industry, combined with a group of all stars who have years of experience in construction, and collaborating with associations like ABC (Associated Builders and Contractors) to help make our contractors win more work, deliver it effectively and do it safer.

Cons

As a team they are continuing to build features, and like any growing software company they continue to grow capabilities based on customer feedback from the industry and associations they collaborate with.

We really appreciate your feedback, Matt. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

Build Ops, Woody

Great produce, great team. Very focused on the client

Pros

The ability to add value for the end user is great. It helps people at all levels of the team to access Customer Information and allows them to see the history and challenges the customer may have. Customer service to the company that selects Build Ops is great.

Cons

I have heard that they are sometimes to helpful if there is such a thing. In some instances it would be nice to call them instead of them calling us.

Thank you so much for leaving a review, Woody! We are thrilled by your positive feedback and greatly appreciate your business.

Good!

Marked improvement over the last software we had.

Pros

Dispatch board is solid... easy to understand, good GPS, can optimize best routes for time saving. Makes our lives easier without any big downsides. Feels like it was made for mechanical contractors doing commercial work.

Cons

I do not have any cons as of this time.