Housecall Pro Reviews

4.69/5 (1,189 reviews)

Julie Stallsworth

My HCP experience

Reviewed 2018-10-11

HCP has brought our business to the next level. We have been using the software for two years and have a very basic plan. Before HCP, we were keeping our appointments in a spiral calendar and customer information was difficult to maintain. With HCP, we have been able to better track our customer activity and history. One of the newer features that I find interesting is the lifetime value of the customer. This is giving us some insight into how much revenue our customers generate. I am considering upgrading to the next level of HCP to begin accessing some of the marketing tools that HCP promotes.I like the ease of use for employees and users in the field. It is simple, yet allows our company to be in contact with our customers. From the office perspective, we have reduced how many invoices we are sending the mail significantly. Our customers like receiving e-mails from us, including the invoices. The portal for payment is easy to use. There has been a significant increase in online payments through the portal. Our employees find the app easy to use and the location services make it easy for them to find our customers homes.

Denise Henman

HOUSE CALL PRO

Reviewed 2018-08-16

I like HouseCall Pro very much on the desk top version and would definitely recommend the program to others. I would not recommend the mobile version at this point only because of the issues I have stated. I hope that in time the mobile version will catch up to the desk top version for the ADMIN to be able to conduct business whether in the field or in the office. I like the way house call works on the desk top. It is quick and easy for me to do all my daily tasks as it pertains to each individual project I have going on. It is pretty easy to navigate through. The system allows me to keep all projects organize even if we have to go back out on more then one occasion.

JULIE HILL

This software changed my life and kept my relationship together!

Reviewed 2018-05-04

it makes my job way easier AND we were able to have a paperless office. Ok so my partner and I started a new business together and I was using Joist which, for free, is a sweet app but I quickly realized that a serious business needed a serious software to help with logistics. Demo ensued and... Long story short our sales person was really cool and answered all of my difficult questions with ease. And trust me I am an office gorilla. And if you are trying to bamboozle me, well, I have those maternal instincts that can smell bamboozling a mile away. the program was easy to use and easy to learn. It has a real-time app that my tech in the field uses, it is partnered with zillow so the service address shows up with all the juicy details, bed/bathroom, sq ft, price it sold for . my tech uses the map function so he doesn't have to call me for directions. you can search specific date ranges and tag customers with specific tags for ROI data. It keeps a graph display dashboard of all the business vitals. Unlike other programs this one lets you pick the level you want to pay and for more you can get extra services. the lowest level still gives you plenty to run a successful business. I LOVE house call Sparky, the virtual text concierge, that reminds clients when their appointment is, confirms appt, tells them when the tech is en route and when a job is finished. There is a pay online feature, a "bill to separate address" feature, and the customer service is the BEST I've ever dealt with. they even take suggestions.

Rebekah Butler

Combined most of my programs into one

Reviewed 2017-12-12
Review Source: Software Advice

We are a commercial cleaning business and have been in business for almost 20 years. For the last few years we have been transitioning from paper to digital. We have multiple employees, that are private contractors. They work at several locations. Each location has it's own pricing. Most times any additional services or charges added to a job are reported back with in a day or two. We were using a paper calendar for on the go access, that was then copied to a shared online calendar. That information was entered into an invoicing program and invoices were emailed via a private email account. The process from work ordered to invoice sent could take up to a week depending on when our employees got back with information about the job. Going into this next year we decided to try an "all in one" program. Housecall Pro so far has been great! It has most of the features we need. I love the app feature that comes with this program. It pings the employee when a job is assigned. Reminds them of upcoming work, gives directions to the location and lets them add details, pictures, or services to that job on site. My workload has been cut significantly, allowing me to get to other administrative demands finished that usually get pushed into my weekend. Having the calendar, employee assignment, clients, services, and invoicing all in one place is amazing. I've had to make some adjustments and "tricks", since it is a basic program. But nothing enough that's made it difficult to use. Overall it has taken a good amount of stress and transition from our plate. For single users to a company with multiple employees, this program can do a lot for you. Convenience, combines most of your business programs into one easy to use program Customer Service, with offices on both coasts I am able to get in contact with customer service within 10 minutes. Accessibility, I can access the program from any computer with internet connection or use my phone via the app. Faster Reporting, employees out on the job can add details, services, or new jobs on sight. Cuts out bridges between programs and communication, I can enter in a job on the program, assign my employee and it's sent to whomever I need it to be sent to (employee or client) saves me from having to enter it onto either a paper calendar, or a shared calendar, and then notifying the employee of the job and then waiting on a report that they have completed the work. No contract - you can do monthly, half year or annual commitments

Paul Little

I've used HouseCall Pro for 1 1/2 yrs. It has reduced many of the daily tasks running my business.

Reviewed 2018-06-14

Scheduling and invoicing jobs, automatic text reminders to employees and customers about upcoming work, email and postcard follow up with customers, Online booking for website and FB pages, invoice tracking, earnings tracking, etc, etc, etc, all kinds of tracking. HouseCall Pro customer service is fantastic. Ease of use. There's almost zero learning curve. You just dive right in and start using it! And if you can't figure out something, help is generally only seconds away, at the most a few minutes. And they speak real English, not Geekspeak! They have a great Facebook group. I've learned so much about business tips and strategies from other members all over the country it's unbelievable. It's like I've been introduced to a whole group of people who share the same struggles in operating a business and everybody on the group helps everybody else. HouseCall Pro is always adding more improvements and integrations with other services. The people at HouseCall Pro listen to their members and are constantly making it better and better. I own a plumbing business and have invested in hundreds of great tools for doing my work, but I'd have to say HouseCall Pro is the best tool I've ever invested in. For the first time, I'm in control of and working on my business. It no longer controls me. I've added one new truck and service tech this year and looking at an additional cost at least, in receipts this year. Couldn't have done it without HouseCall Pro.

Venita Henderson

Over all a very good experience

Reviewed 2018-02-15

We are able to eliminate the paper invoices and show when the tech arrived and finished if needed. This helps in a lot of areas. It also has helped us to see which invoices have not been received and /or paid as the case may be. Having a signature that we can email with the invoice is so helpful!I do like being able to set up a schedule and change it when needed. It is good to have the knowledge of where the technician is if needed. I like being able to see who has not paid and when. Being able to see when the job was started, finished, changes made and submission to client is a big help. The ability to capture a signature is one of our favorite features. It is very easy to use once you have mastered the basics. There are a few things that were challenging to discover how to do it and needed some explanations. Over all it is a really great program.

Amanda Hart

It works for what we need. Overall not too bad

Reviewed 2018-03-28

Organizing incoming jobs, and invoicing. I like the ability to book jobs, save customer information for future use, invoice and record payments all in one place. I love being able to customize the message to clients in the invoice. I love that it shows me dates of when I last sent out an invoice, so I know that I'm not spamming clients when I'm attempting to collect funds. I like sending out Estimates to customers and knowing that they have accepted or declined. Over all it's been a great basic program for tracking our jobs/sales. I like that you have put in time and effort to update certain items in the reports. Separating Taxable Amount, and Tax, has been extremely helpful for my Accounts Receivable.

Nicole Richardson

Overall I am happy with the software. I am looking forward to the changes yet still to come.

Reviewed 2018-04-16

Better communication between our business and customers.The communication to customers via email and text is amazing! I love that you can convert an invoice back to an estimate, that you have the ability to created "options" for estimates and the easy approval/decline process that it offers for customers. Overall I am pretty satisfied with all of the features that it offers and am looking forward to the changes yet to come.

John Thomas

A cool cloud-based tool to manage your field staffs and boost productivity.

Reviewed 2018-08-06

It’s basically a cloud-based field service management system that assists managers to schedule their tasks, send auto-reminders to their staffs regarding the pending and upcoming work with the task checklists. It also provides you real-time updates about their location. You can control all your employees from your mobile or from a remote location. The application has a Customer database, and you can confirm if a delivery is successfully done, or if transactions are done by field staffs by enabling response from respective clients. It has even helped us with the process of technician dispatch and online payment processing.

BROWARD "MARTIE" RIPPY

Housecall Pro is a great resource in our dispatching needs and the customer support is exceptional!

Reviewed 2018-02-28

Stream lining of dispatching and scheduling at a cost effective price.What we like the most is having a software system that is cost effective and doesn't require a server to do our day to day scheduling and dispatching. Our customer data base, schedule and dispatching needs are just a click away. The reporting feature allows us to keep track of closing ratio's and assist in the figuring of the cost per appointment set along with keeping track of sales, reschedules and follow up appointments all with out breaking the bank. We may not use some of the features that more service based companies would but Housecall pro is a daily staple in our day to day job functions. The customer support offered is like none I have ever seen. They are ever changing to support the needs of their customers and the staff is always prompt, friendly and knowledgeable.

Sheri Dostal

Great, but lacking in features

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-10-31

So far I like it but I am really looking forward to improvements in features and hoping I don't get charged a whole lot more when this program is already quite more expensive than others that offer more features. It's great how this links directly to Quickbooks Online, and when I update something in HCP it automatically pushes the update to QBO. I like that my techs can edit and create invoices from the field and take payments as well. Overall it is pretty user friendly, and my techs find the app easy to use in the field.

Frank Giles

Growing bigger with Housecall Pro.

Reviewed 2018-09-15

Discussed that in the first box. Overall it makes our company look more professional and organized with customers and with employees. It's all of the part in growing your company. For me it's about safety of my techs.knowing where they are at all times. Maybe a button could be added where help is required at the job site causing dispatch to get in contact with tech or notify supervisor. The faster someone can respond the better in most situations. Especially emergency situations. Overall I'm satisfied with Housecall Pro.The scheduling of techs. Each of the jobs are listed for each tech. Each tech can review the jobs and comments from the estimator and office. Each tech can plan their day out before the day starts from their phone. Emergency calls can be placed into their schedule. The customer knows when the tech is on their way. The office knows when the tech is on site. That is great from a safety and security stand point. Knowing where our workers are at all times could be critical. Just having as much information about the customer and neighborhood they are in before hand is really important to us as a team. Also the customer gets an invoice immediately after the job is done in digital form. Which allows for faster cashflow for the company and less non payments. Overall a great investment for your service company.

Mike Morrow

Great Service

Reviewed 2018-09-26

Overall the experience with Housecall Pro is wonderful and it is a great value for the money.There are so many companies pitching the best software these days, but I have found Housecall Pro to be a great data base management tool. It is user friendly in terms of entering client data, creating estimates, and jobs. The customer service is chat based and they answer questions with efficiency. The system has many features that we are not currently using such credit card processing, batch invoicing (I think), and integration with Quickbooks. They also have a Mastermind conference I believe, but we have not attended.

Freda King

Great scheduler program

Reviewed 2018-09-27

Overall experience is good. Many good improvements since we started with HCP 3 years ago. Really appreciate an improved response rate to questions and the ability to research answers on their help pages.The scheduling is easy to use and the notifications sent to our customers is great. It is easy to see if our techs got to the job on schedule. Invoicing from the program is an asset.

Matthew Strader

Doubled our revenue this year!

Reviewed 2018-08-30

My experience has been the opposite of trying to push a wet noodle across a table. Which is how it felt running my business before We started using HCP in mid 2016. We didn’t really start using its features until 2017. The first half of 2018 we did more worn than all of 2017. Weve been in business for 11 years and have made about the same amount every year from 2013-2016. 2017 we did see a significant increase in sales, once we fully utilized the features, but nothing like this year. People have asked me if I think it’s because of this software.... all I can say is that this software has really boosted my confidence in customer communication and allowed me to implement a few small tweaks that I think have been the result in a better customer experience. Our ship took a slight adjustment when we started fully taking advantage of what HCP offers and we’re really starting to see the payout. So, yes, I do think it’s the result of using this software.

Ruth Flores

Every time I need help response are quick , very effective & knowledgable User Friendly Software

Reviewed 2018-04-26

With the help of this software we and our customers benefit, on our end we are expanding our business our customers are happy to have a system like this to communicate, we are more appealling for potential & new customers they feel that they are dealing with a company that conducts itself very profesionally and we feel more in control of our schedule and how we plan our day to day Bussiness.We are a small HVAC Company that is growing on a steady pace we have experienced that with this software we can grow with less complications This software it's user friendly we had purchased a software prior to this one that was more expensive and very complicated to use. We chose this one because we found out that we are able to navegate easily and almost figure it out on our own without asking for help and when we do ask for help the Housecall Pro team are very prompt, friendly & Knowledgable sometimes they even make me smile sending stickers that are funny and when they tell us what the problem is, it's always something minor and easy, sometimes is something that I forgot to do

Patrick Bautch

Housecall Pro has been a big help to my company

Reviewed 2018-10-16

I have a much greater level of organization with Housecall Pro. I like how it keeps track of customer information, invoices and who owes us money. Also, it gives my carpet cleaning and water damage restoration company a more professional image. Another thing that I like is the ease in making estimates and then emailing them to prospective customers. If the estimate is approved, I can easily make the estimate into an invoice. The development of Housecall Pro is ongoing and I like that it is getting better all the time. Thank you to everyone at Housecall Pro. Keep up the good work.

Alex Carswell

Excellent software, working through some growing pains.

Reviewed 2017-12-23

This software is amazing for scheduling jobs and payments in one convenient, cloud-based location. You can also make changes out in the field, send estimates, send invoices and do a whole slew of other things right from you phone. Excellent software and excellent value for any service based business.

Kareen McKenzie

Product is easy to use & helps us get a better picture overall of our business. CS is exceptional!

Reviewed 2018-03-14

Seeing the big picture of our company's revenue and schedule all in one dashboard. It has been so easy to use and we are already seeing great improvements in our daily operations since we started using HCP. We have not done any of the training, but everything is pretty easy to use and whatever we don't know, the customer service agents on chat have been exceptional. Customers love to receive invoices and pay them itself. Customers respond faster to estimates and invoices because the platform/format is more professional/business-like rather than the pen/paper process we have been using. We are able to get a better idea of time management for staff and use the data for improvements in the office. (It is also helpful to determine which employees qualify for advancement.) We also love that we can hop on any computer to get our overview of the office operations.

Tyler Ely

Great program besides lack of customization options

Reviewed 2018-09-12

Dispatching my repair guys is the main thing that I love about the program. I no longer need to send them with a written list of "to-do's." All the info they need is on the phone app and I can add details in real time and re-arrange the schedule as needed without having to make a call and try to explain the new route. When they have a question, they add a photo of the problem to the job page and call, and I'm able to pull up the photos and go over the solution with them much easier.-Dispatching works great, the phone app is great -Very easy to use -Customer service is fantastic

Eugene Jasper

Compared to 2 years prior....amazing improvement!

Reviewed 2018-10-12

The benefit of being able to so many things from one browser window is great. I really appreciate your software and the fact that it allows me to have a few extra minutes, or sometimes even an extra hour or two during a busy workday, which enables me to get so much more accomplished.Google calendar integration. Full functioning android platform (minus the ability to use the app in landscape mode???.....I seriously haven't tried it, but Brooks knows what I'm talking about), great expansion of multiple industry models, fantastic customer support, and you are very fortunate to have a FANTASTIC TEAM at Housecall Pro!

Lenny Head

The best software for your service business period!

Reviewed 2018-09-19

HouseCall Pro helps with contact management, scheduling and billing which are the 3 top issues service companies have operating each day. As a sole proprietor, I can run my business, do the work and never worry about it! Easy to use across all devices including iPhone, iPad and PC. Communication and synchronization across these devices works flawlessly. Connections and synchronization from QuickBooks and bank accounts is seamless and makes office administration simple. Customers get a sense they are working with a true professional when they are able to pay and receive an invoice immediately after the work is completed especially when using the credit card interface. Reporting in the "DashBoard" is awesome! Taking the time to JobTag each customer will give great insight into how your customers reach you.

Nelson Cruz

Great tool to book your clients

Reviewed 2018-11-09

Overall, I have a great experience with HCP. I would recommend , we rarely have issues, and it is an invaluable too to us and our company to keep us running. Thank you HCP team!The best thing about Housecall Pro is how easy to use it is! It automatically sends out emails and texts to the customer whenever you make a booking change. The sales rep, management team and customer are all connected. The tracking of the of who did the up dates are also very helpful. Everything is instant. The dashboard has a quick glance option to see all the important things that are coming up or unfinished tasked that need to be complete. Our company would highly recommend!

Chet Ullrich

Helps us!

Reviewed 2018-10-04

Solid experience, be prepared to grow with these guys. Be flexible, they know what they are doing. I highly recommend.The ability to communicate with our clients in a more predictable manner. It is nice to set processes in place, than focus on what we do best. As sparkies, it's not communicate, it's do electrical work.

Robert George

We have used this program over a year now and HouseCall Pro has been AMAZING!

Reviewed 2017-12-28

We have used this program over a year now and HouseCall Pro has been AMAZING! This truly has taken our company to another level. We are a small HVAC company and this software allows us to communicate with our customers with alerts notifying our customers via email of the time and date the job is scheduled for and a text to the customer from the moment we click the on the way button, to the moment we complete our jobs, job reminders, follow up emails, etc. as well as texting options. HCP has increased our customer satisfaction. We can take and attach pictures to every job and the techs to view the entire history of each customer, collect payment either on site or the customer can pay direct online or via app. Customers are able to book online with the online booking feature. I can't say enough positive things about this program. Their customer service is second to none and improvements are made regularly at the request from their users. This company actually gets it!