Housecall Pro Logo

Suggested alternatives

jobber
servicetitan
service-fusion

My customers are also super happy because HP tells them when something is scheduled and allows them to interact with us. More engaged clients mean happy clients that may spend more.
I love this software, I cannot thank the pros at housecall enough for introducing me to this product. The fee is very affordable and it has everything that I need to run my business daily.
I just like the ease of use and the organization of it. Keeps me organized and helps me accomplish more.
We reluctantly renewed for one more year because of the hassle of yet another transition, and I can certainly say it has proved to be a mistake and regret.
When your account ask for that information you will not be able to provide that to them. You will eat that loss on your tax filing.

2,789 reviews

DW

Damien W.

Owner operator

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Comprehensive services software

Transcript

Damien: Hi. I'm Damien. I'm an HVAC professional. I have my own company. And I give Housecall Pro a five...

Mario F.

Manager

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Housecall Pro Review

Transcript

Mario F.: Hi. My name's Mario, I'm a window cleaner, and I work in the janitorial industry, and I give...

Malcolm S.

HouseCall Pro is Simply Stunning!

Pros

I have worked in the corporate software industry for more than 30 years. Most recently I worked at a major software supplier with big name major accounts with more than 30,000 licenses for some of their customers. My role involved all aspects of customer service, including corporate demos, involvement in the sale process and post-implementation customer service. The reason I started this review...

CP

Chad P.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1-10 employees

Love this software

Love it. Used it before and got my new employer to use it because how great it is.

Pros

Had almost all the features of much more expensive products I have used in the past.

Cons

Wish it showed side by side pricing of discounts to show savings on a line by line basis, rather than just at the bottom.

PD

Paul D.

Marginally useful for scheduling

Extremely disappointing. Huge mistake for us.

Pros

HCP is marginally useful for scheduling.

Cons

1) No way to document when a client accepts your proposal, which means No CONTRACT. Even if your customer accepts your estimate, you have no documentation of such. This, of course, means that you do not have a contract with the customer, and you have no hope of being paid for the work you did. Kind of a huge problem. 2) Inability to control alerts and messages to customers. It's either ON or OFF -Customers...

We would love it if you would reach out to the chat team and ask for a call to go over the features. It looks like we just need to go over them in better detail so you can get the most from them. We'd be happy to help you better utilize our software! Every time a customer approves or declines an estimate it shows up on the estimate details page. Customers can only receive 5 types of automated...

AS

Anthony S.

Housecall Pro Pros & Cons

I am very happy with it. I came from Wintac. I was with Wintac for about 25 years and made the switch to Housecall Pro and it has helped me with things Wintac was not capable of helping me with, like my online presence, getting more reviews, tracking how long employees take at jobs, etc.

Pros

Very easy to use, the user interface is clear, has mobile app, has desktop app, the company listens to its users and make updates to the software pretty quick. Has open API to a lot of 3rd party software and is open to having more. work orders are great

Cons

Still building new features that are very important to have but not there yet, some important features are there but seems like not a lot of time was put into those features where more time might have been put in other less important features. Reporting does not dig deep enough. service agreements need work

RA

Ryan A.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Housecall Pro changed my life!

My overall experience with Housecall Pro has been fantastic. Even more so since I upgraded to the XL

Pros

Having the ability to track time, movement, KPI's, reviews, payments, scheduling etc is so powerful!

Cons

There are some things that yhe other juggernauts in the industry have that this software doesn't but I am confident they will get there, and I'm happy to have gotten in at basicalky the ground floor.

TH

Tim H.

Credit Card Disputes Won but money being withheld

Pros

At this point nothing. I do not like any company or person withholding money that belongs to me.

Cons

After winning credit card disputes Housecall Pro took it upon themselves to withhold depositing my funds which total over 4,000 dollars. They are withholding my money and could would not provide a reason when I started recording the call. They told me to contact there legal department. Funny thing is the record all calls. Best to find a company that actually wants you to succeed.

JH

Jacob H.

Housecall Pro Rocks

The best part about Housecall Pro is the fact that we have all of our information for the entire business in one spot. It is one stop shop. It also integrates with Quickbooks Online, so we do not have to mess with transferring everything every time. It automatically does it for us. The customer service is also great, as they are quick to find an answer if they cannot fix it right away. I would highly recommend this company and software.

Pros

This software brings our entire company together. It helps us with all the scheduling needs that we have, and definitely helps keep all of your information together in one spot. You can also access this from your mobile devices too which is huge! We wouldn't be where we are today in our company if it wasn't for Housecall Pro.

Cons

There are a few features missing, that could make some delegations a little easier, but after while, when they hear from a bunch of people that they want this option added, they will add and integrate it to the software.

TC

Taylor C.

Great functionality!

Housecall Pro was so easy to setup and has been a breeze to use ever since. I've has a wonderful experience with the program and don't feel the need to seek further programming. Housecall was definitely the right choice for our company.

Pros

The best thing about this program is the simplicity. It takes no time to figure out how to learn something new with this program. The customer support is great to work with and can figure most things out rather quickly. It's is so nice having such a great program with all the essentials built in one.

Cons

There isn't much to not like. The program is always updating features. They always takes suggestions, which is nice. If you'd like to see something, it's usually there within a few months.

LM

Lisa M.

User friendly

We are a small family business we specialize in full Plumbing & HVAC services. We came across House Call Pro from another vendor who visited our home , at the time we were looking into going automated, prior we were all manual. We called other vendors however their prices were very high. I called House call Pro the monthly price was very reasonable and it was perfect for our needs. We are very...

Pros

This software is very user friendly, without any training most of our team was able to dive right in and start using the software immediately . I love the fact that we can schedule, take payments view our customers history and overall have the ability to use every function of the software whether your in the office or out if the field. We can send internal messages to our staff as well as our customers. This software shows our overall earnings, tracks invoices that our outstanding and honestly allows our company to run smoothly and efficiently.

Cons

In the beginning for some reason if I had to go back and close out a job and back date it, the software would not allow me to choose the appropriate date, however this has been fixed and I haven't had any recent problems with this particular issue.

tM

tonya M.

Construction, 1-10 employees

An important appendage of our growing company

As we are going I find that Housecall pro is growing with our company. Just when I think that we might have outgrown the features poof there they are. It's like they are reading our minds! I enjoy the ease of communicating with the customers and follow up with postcards.

Pros

The equipment tracking feature for each customer has simplified life both for the inside staff and the techs. Now that we have the service agreement options, the tech's have an easier time tracking the details of the services. It has helped with our inside sales to be more consistent with customers' maintenance and generating more income.

Cons

As we are going and figuring out our growing pains, I have come to realize that it would great to have a system to track inventory as our techs use it with each customer in live time. This type of feature would help with repurchasing and tracking lost inventory.

JL

Jaime L.

Plumbing Dispatch Friendly

Pros

I no longer have to fill out work orders or contantly update customers with arrival times and scheduling. The app does it for us! It's saved me a lot of time so I can focus on other aspects of our business and has pleased our customers greatly! It's showing from the increase of reviews! The ability to link to Google and QBO are two of the best features as well as the time I save on the phone with customers playing call tag, etc. In plumbing, we are able to edit the blocks of time for unexpected repairs that come up and prevent overbooking and add segments for ongoing WIP jobs. HCP has made my work streamlined from the start!

Cons

There are a few features I wish that are available but that doesn't mean they won't be in the near future with their hard working support team. A subtotal line is desperately needed. I wish I got emails when my customers do so I can quickly reference what and when I sent it. Segment options for estimates would be nice since at this point you can only select one of multiple estimates. A drop down list of customers when searching for one would save me some time. Some customers have difficult spelling of names so to be able to type the first and second letter and have it bring up the customer list would be a huge help without having to press enter.

RT

Roger T.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1-10 employees

Gets easier to use and better everyday. Support from the company is amazing, they are alway evolving

HCP is giving me time to market and feels like a partner or mentor to our continued growth and success.

Pros

Ease of setup. Kind and patient support team. Did I say patient? After our office manager retired, we were able to implement HCP and within weeks realized that we no longer needed an office manager! It was tough to change my ways after doing “what worked” for the first 28 years, but these last two years with HCP have really helped us grow and I spend about 15 hours/week less sitting at a desk. Our crews like having the power to create estimates and quote work and extras. The payment portal speeds up collections. The software is constantly improving. We are a completely paperless company now, save for permit applications and such. It is so easy to schedule out days, weeks, a month. Drag and drop to move appointments. Creating/changing unit prices is so easy.

Cons

Making changes to estimates or invoices to a customer puts you back to the dashboard, which is distracting if you are handling multiple invoices for a property management company for instance. A work around is to open each one in a new window on the desktop. We use the desktop site in the field since the mobile site will not rotate on our iPads and we have keyboard cases. The dashboard shows outstanding invoices when you log on, but you cannot click on them individually to review. No integration with QB desktop, though I may be the only person who has that problem.

BH

Ben H.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

HCP listens

We enjoy using HCP. There the best we've used by far, and we've used camelot and servicemonster. The Mastermind was helpful and we get the feeling they overall care and are out there to make us better. Our clients rave about the omw's and finishes communication. I love texting through the app (although I wish you could see/use that from the desktop). It simply makes us look more professional and it usually works... which is more than I can say about other services.

Pros

I like that a conference call was set up with me to discuss a major issue I had with billing multiple contact/dept clients. They listened to my concerns and within 2 hours made a change to the software they we now utilize on a weekly basis.

Cons

There's still a few buttons that need to be accessible a little easier. For instance, the client search has too many steps to be the single most used button. (that's why we have hcp is to keep track of our clients info etc. (too many un-needed steps). You've made me click the client page, then I have to select the search bar... which happens to be on the opposite end of the screen. Either have...

JE

Jason E.

Housecall Pro - ALMOST the best home services software on the market

Initially very good upon onboarding. As soon as we were up and running we were asked to join a few other programs they offered which were beneficial to us and due to the initial low price we were happy to add these on. As far as functionality, the system is great for home services companies with features like "on my way" texting and emails as well as processing for payments and online booking. Implementation by the company was our issue. The features were great but many were buggy and did not work well together.

Pros

Housecall Pro has a robust amount of features in an affordable package. The main interface is fairly easy to use Dedicated online fan base on Facebook that is a ton of help

Cons

No official support phone line from the company. They utilize a chat bubble on their website for support and have little to no way of escalating a problem to speak with someone. The implementation of new features comes fast and furious. The features are not always perfected before implementation and are buggy

Thanks for your loyalty and the 4-star review, Jason. We are constantly making improvements to the platform and launching new features. Our chat bubble is able to handle many of our customer's questions, but we have recently launched some packages that come with dedicated phone support for those who prefer that. Please take a look and let us know if you would be interested in one!

MM

Michelle M.

Facilities Services, 1-10 employees

Amazing!

With HCP we are able to streamline invoicing & dispatching. We are also able to provide valuable information to our clients that we could not do before. We increased efficiency by 45% within the first 30 days of using HCP.

Pros

Setting up our company was very easy and quick. Invoicing and dispatching jobs is detailed and easy to do. Creating price lists is the best feature, it eliminates questions often asked by staff on how to price something. We were able to create several price lists to accommodate contracted clients, residential and sub contractor pricing as well. Purchasing HCP software was the best decision we...

Cons

Our least favorite items within the app is not being able to select which permissions you want employees to be able to see. Meaning the tech can see revenue on jobs etc. There is a 2day lag on deposits. The processing fees for a CC is inline with other merchants currently available.

Jt

Joe t.

Worst Business Software I have ever used

Horrible, expensive and a waste of time

Pros

Nothing. It's horrible software All the functions sound great and useful but software straight does not function. Super glitchy and saved invoices just disappear. Customer service told me I manually deleted missing item that I did not delete and offered no solution to thousands of dollars of missing billable work

Cons

Everything. It's horrible software All the functions sound great and useful but software straight does not function. Super glitchy and saved invoices just disappear. Customer service told me I manually deleted missing item that I did not delete and offered no solution to thousands of dollars of missing billable work

mk

md k.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

I Preferred that Housecall Pro seasoned came with a huge range of commercial enterprise management dashboards that have been uncluttered and easy to use. I am so thrilled that the gadget collected a huge variety of scheduling, dispatching, tracking, and reporting talents, amongst many others, right into a significant vicinity

Pros

Online invoicing is very impressive part for me as well as the management dashboard has bunch of features that really time savings.

Cons

Mobile application is not so impressive, and customer service should have been done more efficient way

Hi md, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro. Pro Advocate Team

KR

Kellie R.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Lacks signature capture on estimates; cannot be used as primary estimating software

This app definitely helped us stay organized. We have used it for several years but realize that it does not provide the features we for estimating. Now we have to figure out how to transfer all of our information stored in this app to another program and teach our employees a new system. In hindsight, we should have chosen a different software for estimating.

Pros

This software will organize your business. It can be used as a work order system to keep track of customers, invoices, scheduling, and incorporates into quickbooks! It is relatively easy to use, even for non tech people. Nice features that help you keep track of when jobs are start, end, and are paid out. It will send automatic reminders to customers about upcoming jobs.

Cons

It cannot be used as an estimating software because it does not make an agreement between the contractor and the customer. This is the current process...the customer hits "accept" on the contractor's estimate but there is no agreement sent to either party. Also as a contractor, you do not know who accepted your estimate because the software does not capture a signature from the person "clicking accept."...

JS

James S.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Great, I am where I am today mainly because of their system, I wouldn't have been able to manage things like I do today without them.

Pros

I love how its evolved over the past 2 years, it has grown as I have. Their team is on point and very intuitive to its customer's needs. I started using the software for the simple reason someone had reached out to me to help them build one, and after a few months of using their software I realized how difficult it would be to do along with my business, I even at one point looked at leaving and did...

Cons

they will make mistakes as we all do, no one is perfect. I've made so many in the short time I've been in business and I'm not dealing with the volume of people as they do. So I try to keep that in mind when one does come up. Their team really is amazing, I can't say anything bad about them.

WP

Wendy P.

Housecall Pro IS the BEST Platform for Businesses

By utilizing Housecall Pro platform, we are much more organized in our processes from Technicians, Customers and Training. Our revenue increased more than 25% in the first year and nearly 30 in the second. The hands on support from the very top echelon of upper management is unfounded. Nowhere else have we experienced first hand the level of support from all of Housecall Pro's teams from the top COO to the IT Technicians who continually improve the platform.

Pros

My most favorite part of this software is the people that back it up. Software is software, it's the people who make the difference. All of the Housecall Pro teams are some of the most amazing people in this world. The software is very user friendly with many features being created to meet the demands and needs of the trades that use. The continuous upgrades to the platform, features and 3rd party extensions that make the user experience more customizable for the intended users. Always pushing the boundaries of excellence.

Cons

The accounting side of things for the money transmitted to the bank. Sometimes there are glitches that cause problems within the money deposited transmissions and the tax rate causes errors that are not always an easy fix. The work around to fix the errors caused more work for me by having to go into my quickbooks to change a tax rate then reinstate it to the original rate. Oye' vei ?

CF

Christine F.

Great Application for the Money

Overall I am pretty satisfied.

Pros

Easy integration, new features being added fairly quickly, love that they work with third party applications that help our business grow and features that benefit our customers such as the Consumer Financing, especially since the COVID hit. Their customer service is great, there is always someone willing to help me when I get in a jam and need help quickly. The software is easy to use and learn. There are features that can be added along the way as your business grows to help the company to continue to grow. I am waiting to see what new features they will add next.

Cons

Would like to see more consumer financing options for people with lower credit scores though. I would like to see the ability to add a middle name in the customer information section of the app. I have trouble when I have more than one customer with the same first and last name. Also, there is an issue where you only have the option of homeowner and business, but nothing for tenant. Not to mention...

good for very small business les than 5 employees

Better than using paper. Scheduling is best feature and better than other tools in the market (as it exists today). Contracting, invoicing, estimating, are only for a very small company. Editing is almost impossible.Changes are made with no advance knowledge. The data importing team (material list and customer list) are wonderful. Interface to quickbooks is not closed loop and is a mess.

Pros

HCP has a good scheduling function as it is easy to see a week and move resources around easily. It needs a rolling week versus a static Monday to Friday that is currently deployed. The current scheduling feature is HCP's best feature. Hopefully they will not change it and emulate other software firms that have absolutely poor scheduling functions

Cons

Impossible to use HCP to create contracts that are legally binding. Must use docuSign or another application. Invoicing cannot be customized. It is line items based and cannot be summarized. You cannot customize messaging, and invoices end up being most frustrating for customers on big multiday jobs. You cannot create and save your invoice letters. Integration with Quickbooks is a daily challenge, search function is truly a problem with the new release, there is no logic to how jobs and estimates are stored in hcp, hcp calls "jobs" invoices. Imagine getting an hcp "invoice" before the job has even started very confusing to customers and employees until you get used to it. this is for a tiny business or for a team who has no software experience.

Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is very valuable to us. We would love the opportunity to speak with you to learn more about your experience. If you're open to discussing further, please send us an email at proadvocate@housecallpro.com - Thank you again.

RB

Rebekah B.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Combined most of my programs into one

We are a commercial cleaning business and have been in business for almost 20 years. For the last few years we have been transitioning from paper to digital. We have multiple employees, that are private contractors. They work at several locations. Each location has it's own pricing. Most times any additional services or charges added to a job are reported back with in a day or two. We were using a...

Pros

Convenience, combines most of your business programs into one easy to use program Customer Service, with offices on both coasts I am able to get in contact with customer service within 10 minutes. Accessibility, I can access the program from any computer with internet connection or use my phone via the app. Faster Reporting, employees out on the job can add details, services, or new jobs on sight....

Cons

Limited customization, I have to incorporate my own item code to personalize my clients services. The invoices are also limited on what can be changed/added Only completed jobs can be searched. There's no search or sort option for each client. So I have to scroll through jobs. Once a client accumulates work it can be a hassle to scroll though pages of information. Confirmation emails, because the invoices are sent though the program. I don't receive confirmation emails. It only show what has been sent.

CH

Cameron H.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Long time User Review!!! Love this App and Company

Pros

I have been a user since House Call Pro went national with their service. I don't have anything but good things about the company itself and the app/software! First, the app is for the phone works flawlessly and has improved so much since I first started. (aka awesome development and customer service team behind the app). The latest feature that I love is the employee time tracking feature!...

Cons

Cons? I would have to say no Ipad native app. However, they have made changes to the web portal so it is touch screen friendly and you can still use the mobile app as well just zoomed in. But the web portal through the browser on my iPad works well, I just know it would be snappier as a dedicated app. BUT I also know adding another version of the app would slow overall development of new features as a whole so I am understanding.

ST

Sean T.

Facilities Services, self-employed

Couldn't survive without Housecall Pro

Housecall Pro streamlines my entire customer interaction. The software maintains my customer database, and my customer history. Housecall Pro handles all my scheduling. Housecall Pro sends reminder emails to my customers and makes it easy to notify my customers as to my location on the day of service. Housecall Pro handles my invoices and makes it easy to collect payment. After the work is complete, Housecall Pro sends follow-up emails to my customers to help maintain customer loyalty. Housecall Pro also integrates with Quickbooks making my bookkeeping a breeze. Housecall Pro makes owning a business so easy!

Pros

I LOVE this software! It does absolutely everything for me and makes it so easy for me to run the behind the scenes part of my business. Housecall Pro is super easy to use, the app interface is very clean, and it totally streamlines my interaction with the customer from their first phone call, through to the completion of the job, and beyond. Housecall Pro makes every part of my carpet cleaning business so much more efficient.

Cons

I wish that the user had greater control in customizing messages that are sent to their customers. For instance, Housecall Pro sends a text and an email asking for a Google review and a review on Housecall Pro when the work is complete, but I have little control over the content/message of that communication. Another example is that I have little control over the content of the "On My Way", or the "Job Finished" texts that get sent to my customers on the day of their appointments. I would love to be able to send more personalized messages to my customers, so that they seem less generic and bland.