All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Housecall Pro Reviews

Pros

HouseCall Pro was able to offer all the same functionality plus some amazing extras for less than it cost for me to do it myself. The best customer service I have ever had.

Eric C.

Read the full review
Extremely mobile friendly and easy to use on the go. The reporting is amazing and always trying to add to it and make it better and help it grow and build value in the program.

Cameron H.

Read the full review
Housecall Pro is a cost-effective, user friendly choice for small businesses. The scheduling and reporting features are excellent, and, best of all, if we need something different.

Nolan (Nick) N.

Read the full review

Cons

We came from a larger platform and reduced to HCP, there are many features missing from our previous software that we miss.

Trey L.

Read the full review
No integration with QB desktop, though I may be the only person who has that problem.

Roger T.

Read the full review
It was a little bit confusing that could be however because we never got taught how to use it but just figuring it out yourself it was a little difficult.

Renee W.

2,008

2,514 reviews

Comprehensive services software

Housecall Pro Review

EXCELLENT

Pros

HCP is very easy to use and a very intuitive layout. When we tried ProjX360 and D-Tools SI, there was a HUGE initial setup required and a HUGE learning curve to figure out how to use the programs. Not HCP. Easy to use from Day 1 and it's quick and easy for new employees to learn. One of the best things is the customer service. It's top notch. They always solve the problem, even if they have to go research and get back to me the next day (and they actually DO get back to me). They also make it easy to contact them with a button on the bottom right of the screen. Other softwares I have to scour the internet trying to find out how to contact customer service.

Cons

Would like to see more integrations and there are little things I would change here and there, but I know that's hard to do since the software covers so many different industries. A better way to pull reports would be especially good.

Great Software

Pros

The user friendly interface, when it comes to using an all in one program for running a business, this is one of the best, it’s easy to use, very tech friendly for the guys in the field and customer service is great anytime I have any questions, I just send an email and get a response back very quickly. Would highly recommend to other companies.

Cons

Our company uses it on IPads in the field and also on computers at the office, and what I felt could be improved upon is allowing certain features to be used on the app as well as the site version on desktop. Certain features and functions you can only do from the desktop.

Marginally useful for scheduling

Extremely disappointing. Huge mistake for us.

Pros

HCP is marginally useful for scheduling.

Cons

1) No way to document when a client accepts your proposal, which means No CONTRACT. Even if your customer accepts your estimate, you have no documentation of such. This, of course, means that you do not have a contract with the customer, and you have no hope of being paid for the work you did. Kind of a huge problem. 2) Inability to control alerts and messages to customers. It's either ON or OFF -Customers...

We would love it if you would reach out to the chat team and ask for a call to go over the features. It looks like we just need to go over them in better detail so you can get the most from them. We'd be happy to help you better utilize our software! Every time a customer approves or declines an estimate it shows up on the estimate details page. Customers can only receive 5 types of automated...

Housecall Pro Pros & Cons

I am very happy with it. I came from Wintac. I was with Wintac for about 25 years and made the switch to Housecall Pro and it has helped me with things Wintac was not capable of helping me with, like my online presence, getting more reviews, tracking how long employees take at jobs, etc.

Pros

Very easy to use, the user interface is clear, has mobile app, has desktop app, the company listens to its users and make updates to the software pretty quick. Has open API to a lot of 3rd party software and is open to having more. work orders are great

Cons

Still building new features that are very important to have but not there yet, some important features are there but seems like not a lot of time was put into those features where more time might have been put in other less important features. Reporting does not dig deep enough. service agreements need work

New to HCP

The techs in the field love the ease of use with Housecall Pro. The map feature with a picture is so much better than the program we were using. We have only switched to Housecall Pro recently and are still getting used to the program but so far it is very user friendly.

Pros

My techs love this system. We were with another system and the field use is exceptional.

Cons

I wish the payroll reports had totals and was a little bit better buttoned up. I also wish that we could "label" each job as in: "fit in", "Not Confirmed", "Confirmed", etc on the schedule. I also wish we could put an estimate number or invoice number in a quick search bar. We may be able to do so but I have not figured that out yet. Additionally, in our other program we could drag and drop "item" info on an invoice or estimate. I miss that feature.

Works great

Pros

easy to use. mobile ready. sending invoices is easy . Seeing custumer text thru the mobile app helps out great

Cons

Mobile app isnt the same as of desk to ... doesnt send out notification on recurring serves automatic .too expensive especailly of the off season lawn service. Winter of 2019 i had to cancel the software and came back i thinking paying a little more

Great value for most small businesses

It has been great!

Pros

The software is easy to use and navigate. I have had no issues implementing it in my day to day operations.

Cons

I would like to be able to make changes directly from the reporting screen (update tags, add/delete info, etc)

Well worth the investment

Pros

HCP is a phenomenal software. It does exactly what it says it does. Take the time to schedule a demo and seriously invest in this software. It’s been a game changer for my business. The ease of creating invoices, interacting with my customers, booking jobs and collecting reviews has exponentially improved! Our customers are raving about our software. We receive so many compliments on how professional and seamless it is!

Cons

I have yet to find anything that I am dissatisfied with!

Great ERP system for small businesses especially in Service industries

I love Housecall Pro

Pros

I love that I can do everything in one spot. Employees can clock in, jobs can be scheduled. Dashboards are present to view performance, and credit processing is easy.

Cons

A bit expensive per month but it definitely has a lot of features. Every now and then it will have some bugs but easily fixed.

Best thing we have done

as the admin, i love it, the guys in the field just love it!

Pros

i love the scheduling, invoicing and being able to tag each employee, keep track of jobs along with history and pics.

Cons

i havent found anything i didnt like so far.

Great Application for the Money

Overall I am pretty satisfied.

Pros

Easy integration, new features being added fairly quickly, love that they work with third party applications that help our business grow and features that benefit our customers such as the Consumer Financing, especially since the COVID hit. Their customer service is great, there is always someone willing to help me when I get in a jam and need help quickly. The software is easy to use and learn. There are features that can be added along the way as your business grows to help the company to continue to grow. I am waiting to see what new features they will add next.

Cons

Would like to see more consumer financing options for people with lower credit scores though. I would like to see the ability to add a middle name in the customer information section of the app. I have trouble when I have more than one customer with the same first and last name. Also, there is an issue where you only have the option of homeowner and business, but nothing for tenant. Not to mention...

Great addition to our small business.

1. Able to stay more organized. 2. Able to send out estimates faster. 3. Able to locate customers accounts faster.

Pros

1. Automated text within the app. 2. Start and finish times within the app. 3. Seems like there is always something new to learn and include in to your system. Excited to implement the new apps and features in the future. 4. Responses from the customer service chat are excellent and helpful. 5. Review toggle. 6. Pro Talks and take a lot of time to help make our business successful. 7. I like that every step or change that you make to accounts is documented. 8. The app dashboard snap shot of things happening or that has happened is great.

Cons

1. The way the notification stays active when a customer sends you a video message. 2. Sometimes the customers address when clicked within the app does not load properly on the maps you have chosen. Seems to work intermittently. 3. When texting a customer using the HCP provided number within the app and you click outside of the message box it does not allow you to come back in and click and move around...

Housecall Pro changed my life!

My overall experience with Housecall Pro has been fantastic. Even more so since I upgraded to the XL

Pros

Having the ability to track time, movement, KPI's, reviews, payments, scheduling etc is so powerful!

Cons

There are some things that yhe other juggernauts in the industry have that this software doesn't but I am confident they will get there, and I'm happy to have gotten in at basicalky the ground floor.

Housecall Pro Rocks

The best part about Housecall Pro is the fact that we have all of our information for the entire business in one spot. It is one stop shop. It also integrates with Quickbooks Online, so we do not have to mess with transferring everything every time. It automatically does it for us. The customer service is also great, as they are quick to find an answer if they cannot fix it right away. I would highly recommend this company and software.

Pros

This software brings our entire company together. It helps us with all the scheduling needs that we have, and definitely helps keep all of your information together in one spot. You can also access this from your mobile devices too which is huge! We wouldn't be where we are today in our company if it wasn't for Housecall Pro.

Cons

There are a few features missing, that could make some delegations a little easier, but after while, when they hear from a bunch of people that they want this option added, they will add and integrate it to the software.

Great functionality!

Housecall Pro was so easy to setup and has been a breeze to use ever since. I've has a wonderful experience with the program and don't feel the need to seek further programming. Housecall was definitely the right choice for our company.

Pros

The best thing about this program is the simplicity. It takes no time to figure out how to learn something new with this program. The customer support is great to work with and can figure most things out rather quickly. It's is so nice having such a great program with all the essentials built in one.

Cons

There isn't much to not like. The program is always updating features. They always takes suggestions, which is nice. If you'd like to see something, it's usually there within a few months.

Best process/program out there!

Amazing! Anytime, day or night that I have a question I just chat with an agent and someone is always able to direct me where to go or what to do. This program really is user friendly for your workers and your customers. I’ve always gone by: Keeping it stupid simple. This program can’t be any simpler.

Pros

New employees catch on very quickly! They like how user friendly it is for anyone and everyone who may not be technologically savvy! Our customers also enjoy the ease of paying their bills, seeing that we are on our way and even our progress along the way. We have been able to gain steady reviews after every completed job!

Cons

I would like to see more selections for pulling data and generating sales, total sales, estimated sales for each month, maybe a comparison graph of where you are now from last year or last month? The graphs and data I can pull now is good, however, it would be even better to be able to gather more since this is all that I use for the business. The other part would be, maybe making it less complicating?...

Invoices and reports is not really what this company whats to do.

My issue with this company is that they actually created an awesome layout. I payed another company in full this year but I'm not using them because there was a convoluted way of entering all of the info you need to generate an invoice and then upon emailing there was no message. So after writing two invoices I went right back to HCP. However, if you have a suggestions. You'll ask, "hey how to do...

Pros

Obviously, as said by others it allows you to free up time in office. You can easily write up an invoice from anywhere you have cell service. There is an ease of use factor and when you email invoice there is a pre-written message.

Cons

.....So with that massage your customer know knows who housecallpro.com is because they let the customer know it is from HOUSECALLPRO not you. There is no offline work-ability. so you have to take payment and bill later sometimes. when you write the invoice later the calendar, check in, and check out button consistently pushes the current time. even after you set it; for, if you need to edit it goes...

Housecall Pro IS the BEST Platform for Businesses

By utilizing Housecall Pro platform, we are much more organized in our processes from Technicians, Customers and Training. Our revenue increased more than 25% in the first year and nearly 30 in the second. The hands on support from the very top echelon of upper management is unfounded. Nowhere else have we experienced first hand the level of support from all of Housecall Pro's teams from the top COO to the IT Technicians who continually improve the platform.

Pros

My most favorite part of this software is the people that back it up. Software is software, it's the people who make the difference. All of the Housecall Pro teams are some of the most amazing people in this world. The software is very user friendly with many features being created to meet the demands and needs of the trades that use. The continuous upgrades to the platform, features and 3rd party extensions that make the user experience more customizable for the intended users. Always pushing the boundaries of excellence.

Cons

The accounting side of things for the money transmitted to the bank. Sometimes there are glitches that cause problems within the money deposited transmissions and the tax rate causes errors that are not always an easy fix. The work around to fix the errors caused more work for me by having to go into my quickbooks to change a tax rate then reinstate it to the original rate. Oye' vei ?

Pro user

Before joining house call Pro I had just purchased 500 invoices for over $100 and I've only used since then maybe 12:00 house call Pro makes it easier with invoicing scheduling the pricing when booking job is very difficult because your categories are too long so when you look at the price list on your phone for example it's almost impossible to find what you're looking for I really believe this is...

Pros

Scheduling jobs. But there are several problems with scheduling jobs that I mention later in this review please pay attention it could help your business a great deal I know from experience in the past dealing with other marketing companies such as Angie's List what they have done wrong the information provided here is priceless I have a degree in marketing please listen to what I have to say I think...

Cons

I think this app needs some work for example existing customers is almost impossible to locate but you know they're in the Rolodex for one house called does have it right by showing that it's a previous customer but how do you look that person up in the Rolodex it's virtually impossible I get lucky every now and then but I've given up. The other problem is I paid $50 for a credit cards swiping product...

Love HouseCall Pro

Overall great! I have referred it to many friends and people I talk to. It far surpasses any software I’ve seen or used and the way they communicate and run the company is just icing on the cake.

Pros

HCP has made my day to day business adman much easier. It literally replaces a part time employee w all that it does for me. The digital schedule is great. The text and email reminders that are sent out look so professional-I get comments from customers saying they love all “my” communications (it’s mostly automatic). So cool! The invoicing is clear, the cc payment link that comes on every invoice...

Cons

There are features that don’t exist yet. I have been able to find work arounds for all of them. For example, you can’t send out a broadcast marketing email to your customer base. However, you can easily export your client list to do it through another platform. You can easily and send out a custom postcard to your client list through HCP, it can even be automatic. Since it’s cloud based, if I don’t have cell svc or wifi, I can’t access any info or process any invoices/estimates etc. This is a limitation.

User friendly

We are a small family business we specialize in full Plumbing & HVAC services. We came across House Call Pro from another vendor who visited our home , at the time we were looking into going automated, prior we were all manual. We called other vendors however their prices were very high. I called House call Pro the monthly price was very reasonable and it was perfect for our needs. We are very...

Pros

This software is very user friendly, without any training most of our team was able to dive right in and start using the software immediately . I love the fact that we can schedule, take payments view our customers history and overall have the ability to use every function of the software whether your in the office or out if the field. We can send internal messages to our staff as well as our customers. This software shows our overall earnings, tracks invoices that our outstanding and honestly allows our company to run smoothly and efficiently.

Cons

In the beginning for some reason if I had to go back and close out a job and back date it, the software would not allow me to choose the appropriate date, however this has been fixed and I haven't had any recent problems with this particular issue.

An important appendage of our growing company

As we are going I find that Housecall pro is growing with our company. Just when I think that we might have outgrown the features poof there they are. It's like they are reading our minds! I enjoy the ease of communicating with the customers and follow up with postcards.

Pros

The equipment tracking feature for each customer has simplified life both for the inside staff and the techs. Now that we have the service agreement options, the tech's have an easier time tracking the details of the services. It has helped with our inside sales to be more consistent with customers' maintenance and generating more income.

Cons

As we are going and figuring out our growing pains, I have come to realize that it would great to have a system to track inventory as our techs use it with each customer in live time. This type of feature would help with repurchasing and tracking lost inventory.

Great, I am where I am today mainly because of their system, I wouldn't have been able to manage things like I do today without them.

Pros

I love how its evolved over the past 2 years, it has grown as I have. Their team is on point and very intuitive to its customer's needs. I started using the software for the simple reason someone had reached out to me to help them build one, and after a few months of using their software I realized how difficult it would be to do along with my business, I even at one point looked at leaving and did...

Cons

they will make mistakes as we all do, no one is perfect. I've made so many in the short time I've been in business and I'm not dealing with the volume of people as they do. So I try to keep that in mind when one does come up. Their team really is amazing, I can't say anything bad about them.

Very good quality software for extremely reasonable price.

A most pleasant surprise that I never planned on having. Now it's hard to imagine not having it for a tool. Progressive changes and additions evolve the software frequently. But user interaction is fairly simple to learn. The capabilities to help with a companies growth and customer experience are immense and always getting better.

Pros

A software service I just stumbled upon through a distributors app. Had no plan to sign up at all. I wanted the free gift for completion of a demo. It has helped in ways that I never thought would be a need for my business. My clients appreciate the messaging/reminder of services plus real time updates to arrival. All paperless invoicing saves on overhead. Highly professional looking invoices that provide my customers an itemized description of their service. Customers open an invoice and click the pay link or can pay by credit card reader with standard rates or lower. Easily links to quickbooks. And then automated thank you emails with requests for reviews.

Cons

I find it difficult to link my reviews across all platforms available to my customers. Having nearly 100 reviews with a perfect 5 star rating and well written reviews about my services provided, if new potential customers can't see them across other platforms is somewhat useless.

Invoicing Software Program

Housecall Pro has an excellant team of employees. They are always there for me when I have a quick second to check on an issue or problem I am encountering. They are great at walking you through or demonstrating to you right through the app, what you need to do to solve your issue you may be having.

Pros

This software is amazing. On the main page, (we call it our work board). It shows all outstanding jobs, along with a calendar in front of you that can be used to schedule the jobs to all of your service technicians in the field. Once your service technician completes the job, you can enter the information in the office, or you can have them enter the information from their I-Pads out in the service...

Cons

I have to go through too many screens sometimes to complete a task. Such as looking up address information on a particular property. I wish I could learn to tie the addresses together so I can see all of the work completed at one particular address in one place.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.