ShipMonk Logo
ShipMonk

Stress less and grow more with ShipMonk 3PL solutions.

visit website

ShipMonk Reviews

4.1

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.04/10

Reviews by rating

An outstanding feature of Shipmonk is customer service. The level of understanding and concern shown by the "Happiness Engineers" is amazing.
This is very important to me as it saves a great deal of time and energy when seeking information or resolving issues.
The thing that I like the most about ShipMonk is the ability to connect to many fulfillment companies and find the one that has the best price to my customer.
Lack of transparency, inaccurate shipping data, failure to follow up on lost packages and breakage.
Hidden fees, you never really know how much you pay. Unprofessional support, ask for $40/hour even if mistake was made by them.

TS

Tim S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Make sure you have a good happiness engineer!

Positive experience, it does what it's supposed to do.

Pros

Working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been the highlight of using Shipmonk. He's the best happiness engineer that I've worked with and has been extremely helpful when it comes to resolving issues.

Cons

If you're stuck with a bad happiness engineer everything takes forever to accomplish.

Dear Tim,  Thank you for submitting this review of your experience with our 3PL. We're glad to hear that you have found success with your Happiness Engineer, and that he's been very helpful when it comes to resolving issues. Please let us know if there is ever more we can do to set up your business for success, and thank you for being a valued ShipMonk client.

TA

T.C A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Wouldn't Have Made over $3,000,000 Last Year Without Shipmonk!

Overall, this software is CRITICAL because it frees my time, gives me location independence to travel, and enjoy my family without worrying about packaging material, processing orders, or interacting with shipping companies. This software gives me the security and confidence knowing that I am building a sustainable business that can and does run without me needing to be present for every aspect.

Pros

This software has expedited the SALES GROWTH of my business by removing the headache of shipping, storing, and hiring staff to package and process orders. With this weight off of my shoulders, I can 100% focus on new product development and effective marketing to continue increasing my business' revenue.

Cons

That I didn't know it existed YEARS before! I have been using this software since the summer of 2018. Before that, I was STRUGGLING to keep up with packaging hundreds of monthly orders. Fast forwards years later, we now have THOUSANDS of orders each month. Image if I was still self-packaging my own orders with our current volume. This software is a MUST HAVE for serious business owners that want to build a business that can fully operate on its own.

MD

Michael D.

Retail, 1-10 employees

DO NOT GO WITH SHIPMONK AS YOUR NEXT 3PL

if you are looking for a new 3PL, let me just start by saying.... DO NOT USE SHIPMONK. There are so many better options out there and the biggest regret ever is that I used ShipMonk for the past 18 months. When it came to closing my account, I was prepared to file a lawsuit it got so bad and I honestly wish I did. To 'close out my account and move my inventory' it took a whopping 35 days. You read...

Pros

The software is nicely built, but the customer service, shipping costs, and fulfillment times are a joke.

Cons

SHIPPING PRICES: One of the main reasons you use a good 3PL is to have the ability to take advantage of their cheaper / negotiated rates. Not the case here... rather than get cheaper rates, they are charging you more for every single carrier. I was getting cheaper rates using ShipStation back when I shipped myself. They are charging you as much as possible to just provide more profits for them, truly...

Hi Michael, We're sorry to hear that your experience with us has been less than perfect. Here at ShipMonk, we aim to give all of our valued merchants, like yourself, world-class service. We would love to speak more regarding your issues. You review has been passed along to our Customer Experience team. We hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for being a valued merchant.

JP

Jessica P.

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Quality of shipments is not the best all of the time for our products

Pros

I like how quickly they ship out our orders and how much insight is in their platform.

Cons

I do not like the quality of some of the packages. We have received feedback from customer complaining about the packaging being damaged.

Hello Jessica, Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback about your experience as a client with ShipMonk. We're privileged to have your business and look forward to assisting the continued growth of your brand. We will forward over your feedback to our support team to see where we might be able to improve on your concerns surrounding packaging and follow up soon. Thank you!

LB

Lauren B.

The best DTC 3PL

We trust that our products and orders and being shipped out efficiently and correctly — we are able to set it and forget it and are grateful to have such a reliable extension of our business!

Pros

The dashboard is incredibly easy to follow and navigate through — extremely user friendly and doesn't require much training. You can easily access all product information, shipping cost, weight and tracking information in minutes. It's updated in real time and synced with our Shopify store as well.

Cons

Occasional glitches but customer service is quick to answer and help fix any errors.

BL

Brian L.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Fantastic Onboarding Support

Pros

Just connected my online store and sent my first batch of inventory to Shipmonk. Everything was smooth and onboarding was a breeze. Will update later to reflect my complete order fulfillment experience with them. Interface is nice, alot cleaner than Amazon FBA but their instructional guides are less detailed. What really stood out to me though was the customer service component. [SENSITIVE CONTENT]...

Cons

Getting setup, the self service training and modules were pretty standard- the main trainings are nice however some side articles and topics are outdated and havent been updated to reflect their current version. Some areas such as returns are completely left out entirely for you to navigate. As a fairly tech savvy individual I would score overall ease of use a 75-80% (out of 100).

Adrian R.

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Shipmonk Provides a Great Customer Experience

Shipmonk has been a great business partner for Truvani. Their software is a pleasure to use, but they really shine in their customer service. Inventory is accurately managed and customer orders generally go out in a timely manner without incident. The customer service team is responsive, results driven, and willing to work with us on special requests/projects as they come up. They always push for the best outcome in any scenario, which goes a long way for us.

Pros

Shipmonk is user friendly, well organized, and easy to navigate. The filters are great for locating specific orders or order types, and the search features are very helpful. I also like being able to review the month's activities at a glance on the dashboard page.

Cons

Being in the nutrition supplement and vitamin industry, I would like to see a feature added allowing for "batch" or "lot code" traceability. I would also like to see some updates to the CSV/XLSX reports for visibility on the quantity of each SKU shipped on an order, if it is a multi-SKU order with multiples of each SKU being shipped. I would also like to see "batches" or "lot codes" added to CSV/XLSX reports.

Yuli A.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

BAD COMPANY

Really BAD company. I would recommend to stay away from. I have been running eCommerce businesses for 15 years, and ShipMonk has been, unfortunately, my worst customer experience with any vendor ever. Every single part of the cycle has been horrendus, horrible, tiring and filled with mistakes from ShipMonk's end. From shipping the products, doing special projects, to receiving wrong prices upfront...

Pros

- Nice GUI. - Willing to take on various projects. Even though, that's same pro is a negative since they do the various projects in a horrendus way.

Cons

- Overpriced. - Regularly lying about details and pricing. - Misleading. - Regular errors in packing the products.

Yuli, we hear you and we sincerely apologize if your experience was less than perfect. Please know that we would to make this right and would love to be in contact with you directly. Please reach out to support@shipmonk.com for further contact. Thank you for taking the time to reach out, and we hope to hear from you soon.

DZ

Davis Z.

Ultra Reliable 3rd Party Fulfillment

Managing 3PL across several online marketplaces.

Pros

Their team is very detail oriented and patient. Setting up my account and going through the onboarding process was a breeze thanks to the ShipMonk team. Very competitive prices and convenient facility locations make ShipMonk the best choice I could have made for 3rd party fulfillment.

Cons

There's not anything I'd complain about, but I will say there is a learning curve (like everything) to the UI and how to manage your account/shipments/inventory.

Dear Davis,  Thank you for submitting this review of your experience with our 3PL. We're glad to hear that you have found our support team to be helpful, prices competitive, and locations optimal for your business. I see that you encountered some issues in the past with the ease of adjusting to the UI. We apologize for that, and if you ever need any assistance with your account in any capacity, please feel free to reach out to us directly at support@shipmonk.com so our Client Experience team can continue to assist you accordingly. Please let us know if there is ever more we can do to set up your business for success, and thank you for being a valued ShipMonk client.

SR

Steven R.

Graphic Design, self-employed

An Experience Worth Every Dollar

ShipMonk has been a fantastic use of effortless shipping when it comes to my products and storage inventory. I always liked how they manage the storage portion as it makes life a lot simpler on my end.

Pros

I like how there’s an efficient process for orders that are automatically shipped along with my e-commerce store.

Cons

The labeling process when it comes to shipped boxes from other companies.

SH

Suzan H.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Do Not Recommend - Avoid

When it comes to sales, they are very attentive. But the past 6 months have been terrible. Mispicks that are leading to a 60% order accuracy. Issues with receiving in inventory correctly - combining skus that require the 'special projects' team to fix. Misplaced inventory. Delays in shipping large order - 14-21 days at times. The list goes on. To top it off, they're charging for their mistakes and...

Pros

They have an inventory system that allows you to see inventory in each warehouse.

Cons

It's basic functionality makes it hard to find meaningful insights related to inventory. This platform is good for only two things: fulfilling orders and storing inventory.

Hi Suzan, We're sorry to hear that your experience with us has been less than perfect. Here at ShipMonk, we aim to give all of our valued merchants, like yourself, world-class service. We would love to speak more regarding your issues. You review has been passed along to our Customer Experience team. We hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for being a valued merchant.

JW

Jeremy W.

Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees

You get what you pay for, a low-price for a low-quality.

Poor quality of service with perpetually apologizing and excuses coming from a nice and responsive customer service team. Low-cost so it's easy to start up, but you pay over time with their nickel and dime pricing model. I suggest you find a different provider.

Pros

The price, there is no upfront cost--so if you are just starting up and need to be cost-effective this is a solution. (but not a great solution)

Cons

The opportunity cost of working with a more qualified operation makes it not worth the savings... I have had countless problems, and they simply are not getting better. They simply are not equipped to handle all the business they have. I think the most obvious problem is that while you are not charged up front, you are nickle and dimed every step of the way, they charge way too much for boxes...it's...

Hi Jeremy, We're having difficulty locating your account with us in an effort to validate your review. Please reach out to our Customer Experience team at support@shipmonk.com to speak directly with one of our Happiness Engineers. Thank you for being a valued merchant. We hope to hear from you soon.

HW

Hans W.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Way too Expensive and terrible customer support

Extremely expensive and terrible customer support. At first you will receive replies within 24 hours. Later on You will be waiting a week for replies

Pros

Absolutely nothing. Don't go with them because it can seriously destroy your business

Cons

Don't ever use ShipMonk. WAY WAY WAY more expensive than you will expect. You can find much cheaper options

Hi Hans, We're sorry to hear that your experience with us has been less than perfect. Here at ShipMonk, we aim to give all of our valued merchants, like yourself, world-class service. We would love to speak more regarding your issues. You review has been passed along to our Customer Experience team. We hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for being a valued merchant.

AE

Arash E.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

Horrible Company! Stay far away unless you want to ruin your business!

Pros

Nothing about this software or company is good.

Cons

Stay far away!! One of the worst companies I’ve ever worked with. One problem after another. They messed up my pricing for weeks and had to go back and issue me credits, they lost my inventory twice, they are slow to fulfill, their prices are not good at all, they shipped my customers the wrong product three times now and I’ve only been with them a short while, and now they are charging me $10 for...

Hi Arash, We're having difficulty locating your account with us in an effort to validate your review. Please reach out to our Customer Experience team at support@shipmonk.com to speak directly with one of our Happiness Engineers. Thank you for being a valued merchant. We hope to hear from you soon.

AL

Alex L.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

This is the worst provider we have ever dealt with

Slow - over and over again, it will take days sometime weeks to process an order; Inaccurate - they lost products multiple times and blame FedEx. We have products that was "lost" and magically reappeared; we have order lost and never found. We have more emails back and forth between our teams and their than ALL OF OUR OTHER VENDOR COMBINED. Overall - this company is terrible. The last time we complained, they offered to compensate our lost but we have to sign an agreement to never disclose how terrible their company really is.

Pros

Clean layout, looks good at the first glance.

Cons

Confusing when you start using the system.

Hi Alex, We're sorry to hear that your experience with us has been less than perfect. Here at ShipMonk, we aim to give all of our valued merchants, like yourself, world-class service. We would love to speak more regarding your issues. You review has been passed along to our Customer Experience team. We hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for being a valued merchant.

RW

Remy W.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Big Risk for Small Businesses - Steer Clear of Shipmonk!

Dealing with Shipmonk has honestly been one of the most frustrating, disappointing, challenging and largest sources of financal loss (and waste of valuable time) that I have yet to experience in my entrepreneurial career. I was sold on Shipmonks' supposedly user friendly app & 'great customer service'. Instead, I experienced ongoing problems with almost EVERY SINGLE SHIPMENT they sent. Good luck...

Pros

After using the program a few times, I found the application fairly intuitive.

Cons

If you have any issues with any shipments (and you will with Shipmonk!), they are less than helpful, lack a sense of urgency and I honestly felt as though they could not care less about my business!

Remy, we hear you and we sincerely apologize if your experience was less than perfect. We would love to discuss this with you directly. Please reach out to support@shipmonk.com for further contact, we'd love to hear from you. Thank you for taking the time to reach out, and we hope to hear from you soon.

FP

Frankie P.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] is great!

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] is great! He really understands what we need to be done. He takes the extra mile to ensure we are getting the best service.

Cons

Receivings are sometimes difficult to keep track of.

Dear Frankie,  Thank you for submitting this review of your experience with our 3PL. We're glad to hear that you have found success with your Happiness Engineer, and that he's been very helpful when it comes to resolving issues. We see you have had some difficulty tracking receivings in the past. Please feel free to reach out to our team at support@shipmonk.com if you'd like to discuss that in more detail. And be sure to let us know if there is ever more we can do to set up your business for success, and thank you for being a valued ShipMonk client.

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Gets the job done but the software isn't easy to learn and customer support has been very spotty

Allows us to create batches of products and customers for our subscription box business.

Pros

For the most part the software does what we need it to. We use this for our subscription box business, and we're able to put batches of customers together and batches of products. We're also able to download info like tracking numbers. I like that this integrates with other software like Cratejoy, though it would be nice to have other integrations. Customer service is also key for this software, as we depends on ShipMonk's team to pack all our boxes to our specifications.

Cons

The software is not very intuitive to use and seems to be overly rigid and complicated, even though we are using it the way it's intended. There are many steps required to accomplish anything and the dashboard is constantly changing without much notice. We're also extremely dependent on the customer service team which has been spotty to say the least. We once went several days without a response from our rep or anyone else while we had a severe customer issue to deal with and urgently needed their help.

MB

Marek B.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Shipmonk is a great order fulfillment center for eCommerce

Pros

Shipmonk is a great order fulfillment center for eCommerce. Quick Customer service and great online application/platform. We have integrated ours with Shopify store. Two locations in CA and FL can help you optimize shipping costs. We can highly recommend it!

Cons

We have been with Shipmonk for 2+ years and we have really like everything so far.

NE

Nick E.

Retail, 11-50 employees

The Best 3PL for Rapidly Growing Brands

Great software platform backed by a great support team. They get packages out the door quickly (same or next business day 99%+ of the time).

Pros

Software is easy to use, easy to set up, and is backed up by a top-notch customer support team. The warehouse team scales easily with demand so we can meet extremely high daily orders during the busy season.

Cons

Nothing. Moreover, when there was a small feature we needed, the ShipMonk team was receptive to add it to their roadmap.

TS

Toulaish S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

I Love ShipMonk! Giving it a 5-Star!

Pros

I am giving ShipMonk a 5-Star review for various reasons! "SIMPLICITY" would be one word to describe the overall user experience and business experience with ShipMonk. They have made a phenomenal job at Simplifying the entire process from Shopify integration to receiving your products in their warehouses and shipping them globally. They have a truly dedicated and devoted Customer Service team to help you every step of the way. Their international shipping rates are attractive and that has been much appreciated by our customers. Working with ShipMonk has been a plain-sailing journey. ShipMonk has made it possible for me to run my business remotely from anywhere in the world which I am truly appreciative and grateful for. Cheers, Toulaish, CEO www.Sleep-Bliss.com

Cons

Honestly, they have organized themselves in such a way that I have not seen any negative points with ShipMonk so far.

SL

Shazi L.

Excellent software!

In general, we love working with the Shipmonk software and the support team!

Pros

Very easy to use, super intuitive UI, great color use and layout, especially appreciate the at-risk feature for tracking packages that haven't moved in a while. Awesome support from the team as well! They are open to emails, calls, and are very thorough in their communication.

Cons

Ship mapping is a little convoluted and makes it feel as if the shipping methods available cannot always be fine-tuned to your company's preference.

GH

Grant H.

Shipmonk 3PL for health & wellness startups

The technology/software is top notch. I've visited their facility in Fort Lauderdale and have been extremely impressed with their overall operation. Since we are a small business, customer service is the most important thing to us. Shipmonk is incredibly responsive and helped us navigate some issues we had with our SKUs. The onboarding was a breeze and would rate their customer services a 10/10.

Pros

I've used 3 3PLs in the past with three different softwares. Shipmonk is night and day the best and has incredibly robust functionality that makes shipping/logistics management much easier. Love the UI and features they have implemented. Worth a demo of the backend to see the software. They are very innovative and have through the pain points we have to make what I feel is the best product on the market.

Cons

I have yet to find any features in the software that I would improve on.

Da

Dimitar a.

Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees

Great service!

Pros

I've been using them for over a year now and everything is going without problems. Perfect platform without any breaks from the tech side and with fastest shipping i've seen!

Cons

the minimum fee. You have to sell atleast 100 products per month otherwise you get charged. But if you are selling a lot this is the best platform!

WH

Wayne H.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

They Break Everything

Prior to working with Shipmonk we were very clear that our items are fragile and require being marked as 'liquid' to prevent breakage. We were assured this was not a problem initially. Then after being boarded we were informed that we were subjected to additional fees, that 'liquid' labeling was 'not possible' and they've broken thousands of dollars of inventory within three weeks.

Pros

I have nothing nice to say about this company.

Cons

Wayne, we're deeply sorry that your inventory was not managed in a satisfactory way. As a growing company, we strive to provide the best possible service for our merchants, which is why situations like these are taken so seriously by management. Your concerns have been communicated to our support team. If you have any questions or any other concerns please reach out to support@shipmonk.com. Thank you for your feedback, and we hope to hear from you soon.