Clarizen Reviews

22 people use this

19 reviews & ratings from the GetApp Community

User ratings

Rating summary

Product Configurator (Automotive company, 201-500 employees)
Verified Reviewer  5th of February

Intuitive, Flexible, yet Powerful

Clarizen is a great solution, which is proving to be an invaluable tool within our business. Despite having some very strictly defined processes that Clarizen were required to include, all of these were developed efficiently in full collaboration, even ensuring that developments were future proofed to ensure continued use with no requirement to pay out for additional development. The layout and ‘look and feel’ is crisp and clean while virtually everything on the page can be configured to ensure that it best fits the user’s requirements. Before implementing Clarizen it was difficult to get true visibility of how the portfolio of projects sat, where potential conflict of resourcing would occur. With the powerful calendar and resource tools that come as standard in Clarizen it has become easy to see these potential issues earlier, allowing for a more planned response which ultimately benefits our customers and strengthens our brand.

Pros: Flexible and easy to use. Social interaction, with in-context discussion panels for all projects and tasks. Easy monitoring of time submissions. Great (and expanding) set of modules (Apps) that can be deployed to further enhance the solution.

Cons: Reporting tools are still lacking, but this is actively being addressed with regular updates and improvements released.

1 of 1 people found this review helpful

Verified Reviewer  26th of January

Serious and Specialized System

Clarizen is not a generic light tool for simply task scheduling and contact management. It is a serious project management software done by project managers for project managers.

Pros: It profoundly covers all aspects of project management, very customisable, with advanced reporting and custom fields.

Cons: There is always a room for improvement, Clarizen is relatively a new product that needs to build an ecosystem around it. That includes more integrations with other cloud services, 3rd party products in its marketPlace, and faster customer support.

3 of 3 people found this review helpful

Verified Reviewer  21st of January

A mostly positive experience.

We are implementing Clarizen as a project management tool for the entire organization but starting in the Information Technology and Performance Improvement departments. Our goal is to capture all project requests and projects in one place for review, approval, management, and reporting. Clarizen has mostly met our expectations so far. Most of the items that have not met our expectations are minor. We are still early in our implementation so there are still lessons to learn in our journey.

Pros: 1. Unlimited email-only users. Resources that infrequently or rarely work on projects can report progress via email without consuming an expensive license. 2. Email and/or API integration with work order systems. Clarizen doesn't charge an expensive license to integrate it with other systems. 3. A modern-looking user interface with an emphasis on social media-like collaboration. 4. Lots of options for charts and graphs for reporting. 5. Can import spreadsheets and MS Project workplans. 6. Lots of training and support webinars every week. 7. Pre-recorded online training via the Clarizen University.

Cons: 1. Support seems slow to respond to support requests. 2. There is currently a bug they haven't fixed yet that requires you to keep resetting column widths in reports and dashboards. They don't stick. 3. Their online self-help knowledge base seems new and thin. 4. They don't have a feature I used in other project management software to identify the last (most recent) note, comment, etc. on an item. This can be worked around via user training or some custom workflow programming but it would be nice if they built it in as others have.

2 of 2 people found this review helpful

Verified Reviewer  23rd of December, 2015

Excellent Project Management application

A web -based tool that allows so easy and orderly management of all projects within the organization , allowing making management decisions is more accurate

Pros: Allows the incorporation of flow charts adapted working processes of the organization

Cons: Compared with other similar tools, the implementation cost is a bit high .

3 of 3 people found this review helpful

Verified Reviewer  17th of November, 2015

Clarizen for On Boarding New PBM Clients

MedImpact is a Pharmacy Benefits Management company with about 1001 to 5000 employees. Clarizen was selected to be the Project Management tool for the Implementation Services business unit. The Implementation Services team did not have a cohesive way to manage the New Client implementation projects. The existing tools and manual processes limited the capacity of new client projects that the business unit could accommodate and made it difficult to track down related emails, files, and decisions. If our sales teams have a really good year we would exceed our capacity to implement new business. For sustainability we had to move out of the dark ages of project management, Clarizen was our “light at the end of a tunnel”. Clarizen offers the best of social media, project management principles, work-flow automation, and an intuitive user interface design. Clarizen “Partners” with you to provide the best the tool can offer to improve your daily operations and reduce manual processes. The Clarizen Customer Success Team provides the best support and guidance that I have seen in years. This growing company is setting the bar for business to business relationships and project management solutions. While this tool was selected for one small business unit we are expecting that the tool will be used by many other business units as the versatility of the tool can accommodate their project management business needs.

Pros: Key features that we use: Salesforce integration; document or file management integration with Box; social collaboration; dashboards; automated notifications; work flow rules; customer collaborator feature; scheduled reports; project highlight reports; Gantt Chart and Road map widgets; customizable app plug-ins; and customizations galore.

Cons: Areas for improvement: Out of the box Clarizen offers "canned reports" but it was not easy to learn how to create the customized reports that I needed for my business unit. It would have been nice to have a report suite that contained examples tied to a business question or objective in order to better understand the application and use of the canned or dashboards reports. The Salesforce integration model did not provide the level of API security that our IT Security team required. The tool did not offer the data file security required by our IT Security team to use the Clarizen standard data file management features so we had to integrate with Box for file management.

Verified Reviewer  6th of November, 2015

Success in Practice

I have used this application for around 3 months. WoW is here. I can analyze data I have on Live. The organization I work for have decent projects in the portfolio and we spent too much time talking something that we can actually find directly on Clarizen. Right now, data is here, it saves lots of my time and also my colleagues. I love the People module which allows me to do resource balancing and Dashboard module as well. There are more great things in this App.

Pros: - Live, everyone sees the same data set. - Be able to share reports/dashboards outside the Clarizen

Cons: - Sometimes the system shows slow responses when I send requests/comments.

Verified Reviewer  30th of October, 2015

Clarizen's deep set of tools

We've used Clarizen for a few years now, and it's made a huge difference. I came in with project management experience, but many of our managers were just winging it. We moved from a simple time-tracking application to Clarizen's full fledged Project Management. That was a bigger step than most were ready for, but it's come into its own. We have visibility to things we didn't have before, and can make data-driven decisions instead of gut-feeling our way along. I've been able to prove that instinct was not the correct choice in many cases. Clarizen won't tell you what to do, but whatever you want to do, you can probably do it with Clarizen. Other packages I've used gave you a methodology with their software, but Clarizen is flexible, nimble, and robust.

Pros: -Lots of customization -SQL-like API calls -Detailed data -Does what it says on the tin

Cons: -Lack of a canned process for organizations that don't know where to start -I wish it was cheaper :)

1-2 years

UX Designer (Computer Software company, 51-200 employees)
Verified Reviewer  14th of October, 2015

Trainwreck

Yes it is project management but the way licensing works along with a lack of customization (I just want to see the tasks I am assigned) make this tool the most convoluted and stressful part of my job. Why can't I receive an email when I have a new task? I can't pin open the sidebar navigation so i am constantly opening it to figure out what I need to go to. Document management is atrocious.

Pros: it says it is capable of doing many thing

Cons: It doesn't do any of them well

0 of 3 people found this review helpful

Verified Reviewer  28th of August, 2015

Clarizen Ease of Use

We use it to manage time and project data for our services and support businesses. Mostly for time and task tracking but also model our finances.

Pros: Flexibility and ease of use especially in terms of mass editing. Easy to deploy and get going.

Cons: Financial tracking vs specified monthly targets.

Verified Reviewer  22nd of August, 2015

Clarizen: Perpetual Motion Towards Great

I started using Clarizen 18 months ago to manage multiple complex projects and to corral a pool of shared resources. Out of the gate, Clarion performed well. But what I am most impressed with is the perpetual evolution towards great. Updates are delivered on a regular basis and deliver meaningful improvements.

Pros: At its core, Clarion is a strong project portfolio management tool. The social media element is seamlessly incorporated and has added a valuable dimension to project management. The resource management component is strong and just got stronger with the Summer '15 update. And, most important, Clarizen provides a high-availability SaaS platform. They haven't left me hanging.

Cons: I am still waiting for a mechanism to assign multiple managers to a task. Our projects span multiple shifts. I need a mechanism to allow all shift supervisors to adjust tasks and sub-tasks as needed. The pricing model could be improved. The number of customizations are limited in all except the Enterprise package. We use all three customizations in our package and, at times, turn some off so we can turn others on. Surely a better balance can be reached.

Verified Reviewer  18th of August, 2015

Clarizen a great Project Management Tool

My team has used Clarizen for a little over a year now. I cannot say enough good things on how well it has done for my team and organizing the implementations of our Software. My team from an employee level up to management are able to use Clarizen to run their individual days and teams. We implement time and attendance software for clients and use Clarizen to organize our Projects with our specific timelines that we have. Clarizen makes it easy for employees to know exactly where they are at with all of their clients and allows management to easily track the progress of their teams.

Pros: Customization. I cannot say enough on how exceptional the Clarizen technical team is with taking our needs and making them happen in the system. One specific example is I formulated a scoring system for incoming clients that based upon how they were going to use our system would be given a "complexity" score so that I could assign higher level clients to my best employees and lower level clients to my lesser experienced employees. Clarizen took my request that I submitted and within a month had the entire scoring system automated and up and running giving me a fantastic tool to use daily.

Cons: Pricing. Clarizen needs to be able to add options on as fixed costs instead of raising the overall monthly rate. My team doesn't use every aspect of the program so when I need more of just one option in the system I shouldn't have to pay for a higher level across the board with more of all their options when I need just one. I am hoping that can change in the future to meet individual client needs.

1 of 1 people found this review helpful

Verified Reviewer  13th of August, 2015

Clarizen is a great tool for our PMO

Clarizen is a versatile an flexible offering that one will not regret implementing into their organization. I often say to people that ask what the best part of Clarizen is that "Clarizen wraps around your business processes rather than force you to bend them around it". This has got to be the most important consideration in my opinion. There are many great features of Clarizen, the API, interact, social collaboration and much more. I would suggest to anyone looking for a new software tool or replacing an existing to get on the free trial, speak with a Success Manager at Clarizen and really give it a good test drive.

Pros: Flexible, API, Interact, Social Collaboration and easy customization.

Cons: There are not many and I should point out here that Clarizen is actively enhancing this product and very receptive to their clients issues and recommendations.

Free Trial

Area Manager, Services - Pacific Region (Computer Software company, 201-500 employees)
Verified Reviewer  12th of August, 2015

Great product - Fantastic support!

Clarizen is a great product with fantastic support. Their webinars are great examples of how to do things right, they have Q&A sessions that anyone can join and get all of your questions answers. Keep up the great work gang.

Pros: Great support and webinars, fantastic innovation in the product.

Cons: So many features can make it hard to use for a none technical person.

Verified Reviewer  17th of January, 2015

Powerful, Flexible and Robust.

Very robust software with great flexibility, having actual account representatives and live support would make it unbeatable. Clarizen has an extensive learning center and an abundant access to live interactive webinars, however the automated process is not a replacement for the interaction of a personal account representative. With an account representative and a live onboarding session Clarizen would earn a 5 star rating.

Pros: Robust "out of the box" features Flexible capable of custom configurations to match proprietary needs Interactive team collaboration with Knowledge base benefit Extensive training and live webinar support Custom services available

Cons: Lack of live account support for other than large licence users

Verified Reviewer  14th of January, 2015

Overkill

while clarizen’s feature looks great from the outside, our experience is that they the product is convoluted and we did not get effective support or responsiveness to our support requests in a timely or complete way. For us the time and money invested in clarizen has not paid off. buyer beware.

Pros: The platform can do anything.

Cons: it takes a huge time investment to set up processes that fit our use cases. customer support was limited in their ability to respond to our requests.

Response from Clarizen

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to meeting with you to ascertain your needs. Please watch for a meeting request from your customer success manager. Clarizen holds customer success as a top priority.

8 of 10 people found this review helpful