All categories

PayHOA Reviews

Pros

I have experienced amazing customer that has never been matched and the website is easy to work with. I have seen the new website and it looks like it'll be more efficient and easy to use.

Alec F.

David P.

For the most part, your customer service was exceptional. Every call was informative and the operators did a fine job assisting me to the best of their abilities.

Derek S.

Cons

Only con comes from some of the display for late fee, as it is sometimes confusing, and for the deadlines as people struggle to remember if the deadline is at midnight that day or 11:59 pm.

Alex P.

My biggest issue with the website is when I edit charges the system is hard to accurately change to the new total and it messes up that persons account.

Alec F.

Budget building and assigning charges to certain "buckets" is somewhat confusing.

Ben M.

The best software for our HOA

I have not had any problems. I wish the staff was available with a phone call like before but I realize that Covid has changed many things in our lives.

Pros

I like the fact that I can check it daily to see which homeowners have paid. The new feature to deposit paper checks is very exciting because I hate to go to the bank. The staff [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] always answers my questions by email and when needed I set up a Zoom meeting.

Cons

I wish we could get some type of online fundraising but this is not critical. I would also like a way to add monthly interest to the invoice without having to create another invoice. Also, if an HOA billboard where we could have a community newsletter displayed for the homeowners would be nice.

Irene, Thanks for the review -- I'm really glad PayHOA has been a success for your community! I'll talk with our dev team to see if we can add a fundraising component to the platform! Best, Mike

Self Managed HOA

Not all residents participate in the meetings but are nonetheless expecting to be made known the happenings of the HOA. Since we are self-managed, the software has been able to increase the ability for the board to communicate more effectively with the members. Also the members having their own account and portal to pay online is a huge time saver in accounting. It also gets them more involved.

Pros

The best part of the software is the simple UI with the abundance of features need to self manage a small single family HOA with less than 100 units, all in one place. It has and will continue to greatly improve communication and ease accounting tasks. The technical support when I have run into some bugs has been as I expect, outstanding. THe ability to download CSV files is awesome.

Cons

The software has had some bugs with the PDF mailer and identical transactions being deleted. It also needs some accounting reports which are downloadable in formatted version and not just .CSV files; something immediately presentable to a person. The UI in Violations is not quite clear that there is a process; create, submit, and then resolution.

David, Thanks for the review and the really helpful feedback! We are about to release an updated reporting module that will provide additional accounting reports and PDF versions of each! We appreciate your business! Best, Mike

A good start for a management solution

I inherited PayHOA from a previous board who did not make sound business decisions. If this system were not in place when I joined the board of directors, I would not adopt it. This solution does not meet the needs of our HOA. However, there would be more pain on my part to transition to something else, so we will continue to use it.

Pros

I like the electronic Invoice feature and the ability for members to pay via card, via debit of account or by offline check. I also like the unified message center that maintains a history of emails to members and tracks if an email has been viewed

Cons

I did not like the difficult task of applying interest on unpaid balances. It was difficult to show the open balance carried forward while adding a late fee on open balance. Printing an account history was a work around, but even this document needed modification as not to imply that the interest charge was the only outstanding balance.

Hi Randy, I'm very sorry to hear that the platform is not meeting your expectations. I'm happy to jump on a call to better understand the issues you're having and create a solution for you. I'll reach out directly to schedule a meeting. Best, Mike Bollinger

PAYHOA Will Be the Best HOA Management Software

PAYHOA has been awesome from the beginning. We love the software and the price! Can't be beat!

Pros

We love this software! Built to do everything in one place. Communication, account management, accounting, document storage, budget management, viewing units, classifying property, you name it! If it doesn't do it yet, the developer is working on it. We've been using it a little over 6 months and in that time there have been updates, changes to the layout to improve it, accounting capabilities it didn't...

Cons

The accounting portion of the software isn't as robust as the rest, but they're working on it! It's a young company and we believe in them. They'll get it done and done right!

Give PAYHOA a shot for community management. You will be hooked. Great Customer Service!

My overall experience has been Amazing. PAYHOA offers great value, wonderful customer service, and support, and the overall ease of use makes this a no-brainer. I did vast amounts of research for Community Management software and we are very pleased we selected PAYHOA. We plan to use them for a long time to come. Thanks again to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for always being available to help when we have a question!

Pros

The ease of use and the ability to efficiently communicate to residents of an HOA. This software has made managing an HOA so much easier for us. You get great, personalized service and speedy responses to all of your questions. You never feel like you are left alone to figure it out by yourself.[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has made this system much less intimidating by being there every step of the way to help if we have questions. People like her make this software worth it!

Cons

This is seldom a problem, but I have noticed that the system can run slow on certain days. I feel like the violation process could be streamlined as well if there was a mobile version so you could record violations in real-time while out on inspections. It would be great to be able to upload photos instantly.

Sam, Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate your business and your feedback! Best, Mike Bollinger

One Stop Management

After “interviewing” a few companies, PayHOA was by far the most friendly, informative, cost effective and user friendly program. I have a few communities that range from 50 doors up to 250+ doors and PayHOA has been able to fit our needs for all of them. The fees seemed to be very comparable to the other programs, so it all came down to how easy is this going to be to use? I didn’t want to ADD any more time than I was already spending on excel spreadsheet work. PayHOA has delivered on all that I was looking for. Customer Support is always quick and responsive, and if they can't help at that moment, the programming support turnaround hasn't been more than a business day. Very satisfied with this program!

Pros

The software is very user friendly and has all of the features that I was looking for.

Cons

I wish that the Financial reporting feature was a bit more form driven. Using the simplistic P&L that PayHOA contains, I have an easy work-around for the various needs of my HOA Board Reporting. This is a wish-list item for me - I'd love to be able to print out a GAAP acceptable Income Statement and Balance Sheet.

Anne, Thank you for the review and really helpful feedback! We are about to release a reports upgrade that should solve the reports work around! I'll circle back with you as soon as it's live on the site! Best, Mike

PayHOA is awesome!

Pros

We selected PayHOA for management of our small HOA in an active adult community. Since our residents are all seniors, it was important that the interface was easy to use and the PayHOA system gives us that. The ability to have our residents see their accounts, submit requests for maintenance, landscape or architectural changes, make payments online is great. On the administrative side, our Board can send out broadcast emails, create surveys, create invoices and respond to requests easily. The support we have received throughout our set-up and release has been stellar.

Cons

The accounting reporting side of the PayHOA system has a couple issues, but again the support we have received has been great.

Karen, Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate your business! Best, Mike

Promises Kept - Best HOA Software

The simplicity, reporting, and true turnkey solution to HOA software.

Pros

Our team absolutely loves PayHOA it is incredibly easy to implement. It is easy to use on the front end and back end. The support team is responsive and they are constantly innovating to make a great product even better.

Cons

My only gripe is that it will only allow me to work on one association at a time. Meaning if I switch association in one tab it will switch associations in all of my tabs.

Arthur, Thank you for the review! We do have plans to make it easier to work on multiple associations at the same time! I'll keep you updated as we make progress! Best, Mike

PayHOA is Great

Pros

We have found that PayHOA has all the right tools for our small 41 unit HOA

Cons

It takes some time for our owners to get comfortable with using the product. Mainly because they are not use to using an on-line portal. The connection to our owners bank accounts to use the e-check feature needs a better explanation for how not do require a users login credentials to setup a bank account link

David, Thank you for the review! Your comments regarding the e-check workflow are really helpful! I'll pass those along to our development team! Best, Mike Bollinger

Not a satisfied customer

Onboarding was horrible. Tutorial was easy to follow.

Pros

Affordability, however you pay for what you get.

Cons

Cancelation on their pdf mailer. They say you have 5min to cancel, however there is no option for you to cancel as the user. So, if I'm working late I need to make sure that I wait the following day to contact them just in case I need to cancel. And that's if they pick up due to the coronavirus. Unfortunately, I have already committed with my HOA to this software. If that wasn't the case I would go to tops.

Hi Harry, I'm very sorry to hear about your negative experience with our customer support team and our platform. I do see that you emailed us to cancel a PDF mailer the day after it was initiated. Unfortunately, our mailer already had the job in production and could not cancel it. I'll make sure we add some language to the confirmation page to make it clearer that submissions are final. We...

Great for Self Managed HOA's

This so far has been a great one stop shop to manage our HOA with ease

Pros

I am the president of our HOA for about 65 homes and we recently decided to move to a self managed HOA. I participated in free trials for almost every major product available on Capterra. Without a doubt, PayHOA's interface was the easiest to learn and sell to the other board members. We have identified a few bugs in the system, but working with support has been a breeze in getting them fixed. It...

Cons

The financial tools and reporting requires some work. I'm sure our Bank's outdated online banking system is a big factor in this. There are also many free online tools that can help cover any ground that this tool misses. I also feel that the online payment fees are not competitive either. It would be nice if there was a way to link your banks system to this to avoid these charges...

Matt, Thank you for the review! I really appreciate the feedback you've provided -- it really helps us to continue improving the product! Best, Mike

Great & easy to use, wonderful customer service

I had gotten a free trial of the program as treasurer of a fraternity. It is such an easy system to use that incorporates many different features in regards to collecting dues. My favourite part was the ability to use LegFi to send emails to members who weren't paying dues, acting as a collection agency. Keeping track of dues paid and due dates was very convinient, and they made it so you could see...

Pros

Ease of use, customer service

Cons

Spotty service, sometimes the website was down, but it didn't really create an issue for me as I could just try again later

Legacy Financial (LegFi) Customer Review

I am the treasurer of me fraternity at Michigan State University and we just wrapped up our first semester using your service. We decided to employ your product for a couple key reasons. We wanted the collection support, the ability to pay charges online, and the tax help the you provide through file990.org. Bad News first: You failed to have the proper tax form on your website. I called numerous...

Cons

Thank you for the feedback. We are always working hard to improve the customer experience and I'll take these notes directly to our tech team.

Great Value, Great Customer Service

The staff is very responsive to our questions. They are doing a great job of prioritizing our feature requests and making little tweaks to the system that improve the user experience.

Pros

The software was very easy to implement. PayHOA uploaded all our data smoothly. This software package had the functionality we wanted. We love that we can receive online payments and send mailings directly to our residents via this software.

Cons

There are times when the software seems to lag. Response time when using a smart phone is a bit slow.

Hilary, Thank you for the review! We've been working behind the scenes to speed up the mobile views and you should see an increase in the next 30 days! We appreciate the really helpful feedback! Best, Mike

Legfi Review

Honestly legfi kinda sucked. The only thing it was good for was ease of tax reporting. Otherwise it was a pain to keep balances up to date and often they would go negative for no apparent reason and overall was just a hassle. I would keep track of due payments on my own and moved people away from paying on the website due to high credit card fees while other vendors have lower fees. Even venmo is free for P2P transfers, not sure why this was not an option with legfi.

Pros

The ease of tax reporting

Cons

The difficulties in keeping balances up to date along with system glitches and high credit fees.

Hi Alex, I'm very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience on LegFi. I would love to hop on a quick call to understand a little more about what was happening with your balances going negative. Unfortunately, we can't offer person to person transfers because your chapter is a nonprofit corporation with an EIN. I would be very careful running the chapter's revenue through a personal account, as it opens you up to tremendous tax and personal liability. If you'd like to discuss further, I would love to continue the conversation via email or phone. Best, Mike Bollinger Founder | LegFi.com Mike@LegFi.com 859-309-3640

Board President

We collect homeowners association fees, the intuitive system allows us to obtain data and monitor expenses and communicate with owners. The Board loves it!

Pros

The most great experience was the service during our transition to the new portal. The system ease of use, real time, and features with several options are available are secondary.

Cons

Not applicable, new features are on the horizon.

Hi Iris, Thank you for the review! I'm glad your Board and association members are finding PayHOA helpful! Best, Mike Bollinger

I am quite happy with the product however I still think further tweaking is needed in the UI area.

Pros: The customer service is great. Very timely responses. Cons: There are great features that I still do not know how to use. I would recommend improving your tutorial session or making a formal tutorial video showing how to access all of the great features instead of having to email your company rep every time I want to learn how to use a new feature. Also, selecting members to apply specific...

Cons

pretty good, would be nice to have a mobile app.

Great ease of use. it's easy to find everything. I do wish there was a mobile app to make it easier to use on the go. Also, if there was a way to cancel a payment that wasnt intended to go through or went to the wrong charge. Actually, it would be useful if "load" money onto our account and from there we can select which parts of our dues we would like to apply them too.

Cons

Hey Marco Polo, Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. This really helps us improve the product and user experience. I wanted to point out that you can delete any payments that are recorded locally on the view all payments page, just not credit card or e-check payments. Also, when you make a payment, you can select which charges you want to pay by checking the selection box next to each charge. I hope that helps! Best, Mike Bollinger

Fine Tuning

The very basic point of legfi is dues collection, that works fine. Everything else you are adding onto the service needs improved. Pros: Assigning dues & fines, setting up payment plans, manual payment entry all works very well and easily. Cons: Budgets need to be able to be viewed by directors and this is not possible in legfi. I would also like to see this section add some expense reporting...

Morningview

Payment of dues seems to be an ease with this software

Pros

Easy of payment for all of the association

Cons

Issues with the savings account not fixed

Hi Lisa, Thank you for the review! I will circle back with our development team regarding the savings account link! Best, Mike

Fun to setip

I was responsible for setting up a payment program for our fraternity. After researching multiple platforms to choose from I went with The company that had the most to offer and would save us the most money and that was Legfi. They were very helpful in explaining to me what was available at what price and how much they were willing to help and make sure we were taken care of. This was before I decided to go with this company. Right then and there I knew I was going to be in safe hands. Some cons, which were not many, was it took a little while and a couple times to explain to the other brothers how to use it but after a few times it wasn't a problem at all and has made everything way easier.

Content with it

As the fraternity treasurer, I am the admin on the account. A few things that I would like to see changed would be... Make editing charges easier and more straightforward. When I have to do this, I am never sure if I did it correctly. Also, when people pay charges online, it automatically pays the charge that has been on the longest, first, and then works its way down the list of charges. So if someone has two charges, one that was due on feb 25 for $30 and one that was due on march 4 for $500 and they only submit a payment of $500 to pay for the second charge, it comes up that they have paid for the first charge and still owe $30 for the charge due march 4.

Solid and Reliable, Difficult to Navigate

LegFi excels at record keeping/account management. Members can easily pay online, and administrators can easily keep track and update profiles accordingly. There is, however, a bit of learning curve when first operating the site. Some functions are complex and a challenge to process at first; for example, creating events and recording payments for those who pay in person is confusing. Also, removing incorrect charges or payments is difficult and usually fixed by adding additional payments to simply balance out a user error. This may result in discrepancies between LegFi online records and actual records.

Cons

LegFi: a necessity for any aspiring fraternity or sorority

LegFi is a great system to both organize and accrue income or any organization. The whole program operates very clean and with its new updates is very easy to operate. While LegFi is a great product and operates well its one con is the "Collections" tab, the process of collections works well, however the account manager application needs work and it would be nice if the collections messages allowed more customization options. All in all LegFi is a wonderful tool for all organizations looking to operate clean and efficient, LegFi allows one to make charges, budget, improve collections and much more.

Great Experience

Pros

I used this platform for about a year for our fraternity, specifically alumni relations. It was very easy to use and contact customer service for any type of help. Members can go in and make payments. It's involved without being that involved. Highly recommendable.