PayHOA Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.07/10

Reviews by rating

It has and will continue to greatly improve communication and ease accounting tasks. The technical support when I have run into some bugs has been as I expect, outstanding.
I have experienced amazing customer that has never been matched and the website is easy to work with. I have seen the new website and it looks like it'll be more efficient and easy to use.
For the most part, your customer service was exceptional. Every call was informative and the operators did a fine job assisting me to the best of their abilities.
Only con comes from some of the display for late fee, as it is sometimes confusing, and for the deadlines as people struggle to remember if the deadline is at midnight that day or 11:59 pm.
My biggest issue with the website is when I edit charges the system is hard to accurately change to the new total and it messes up that persons account.
Budget building and assigning charges to certain "buckets" is somewhat confusing.

JO

James O.

Treasurer

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Great Start, but a Struggle Now!

Transcript

James: I'm James. I'm the treasurer of a homeowners' association. We use the PayHOA accounting app to...

SJ

Shelby J.

Real Estate, self-employed

Property Management Made Easy

As a first time property manager a few years ago I was looking for a software that was simple with lots of great benefits. Pay HOA checked all of the boxes I was looking for - easy accounting & reporting, online payments, homeowner database, easy invoicing, budget creation and so much more. I love that HOA board members can be granted access to view reports and budgets.

Pros

I like how I can streamline HOA dues with their associate fees. It then is put on autopilot and sends out monthly invoices as well as late fees if applicable. I can create an entire years worth of invoices and PayHOA takes care of the rest.

Cons

I wish the website feature was less expensive. Having a property website linked to PayHOA would be amazing, but once again costs are the reason for not integrating a current site.

DY

Diana Y.

Why oue HOA Board of Directors is Impressed with PayHOA

We have realized a large monthly savings by switching to PayHOA. Besides the monetary savings, it has saved us from so many headaches! It seems to work all on its' own once you set up parameters.

Pros

There are two things that come to mind first and foremost about this application. First, it has an long list of capabilities (probably most of which we are not using YET) which will make our Accounting and Neighborhood Management system a quick & easy process saving time, money & effort. Secondly, as we worked to set up this program, it was very user-friendly and when we had questions and needed human help, it was super easy to get someone on the line and your CS team members are smart, know the program well and seemed eager to help!

Cons

Well, so far there is nothing to like least about PayHOA!! We are still learning the vast capabilities of this app so don't use all that's available to us but so far, this is wonderful!

KN

Khue N.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Good for basic property management, not good for accounting

We have a small HOA that is self-managed, needed a platform to manage online payments, online communications, and other tasks. PayHOA fulfills basic functions like online payments, online communications, and online notifications. But the accountings features are not very good, I had to build my own xcel tracking to verify our income vs. expenses for taxes and audits--couldn't rely on the platform to give us accurate reports.

Pros

The online payment feature is great. Online communications features are also great.

Cons

The accounting software built into the platform is horrible. We have to do yearly taxes and audits for our HOA. When I tried to pull the yearly financial reports from PayHOA, I often found multiple errors in the transactions. Experimented with multiple ways to pull the financial info from the system, but none of it was very accurate. Had to build my own xcel tracking to confirm our income vs. expenses.

Hi Khue, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate the kind words about our payment and communication tools. I had one of our accounting experts review your transaction ledger and G/L. All of the numbers are correct, but they noticed an issue with the way transfers were being coded by your bookkeeper in the system. I'm sending you a private message now. Best, Mike

TF

Tricia F.

HOA Review of PayHOA

PayHOA solved our work order issue with a system that allows owners to submit a work order and allows the users to track them.

Pros

I was looking for a software that incorporated work orders, accounting, communication and maintenance tracking. PayHOA offered all of these features. The software is easy to set up, although it could use more customization options. It is more than sufficient for what we need. Homeowners can pay their fees online and it is deposited directly to the bank.

Cons

It could use more customization as well as an area where admin could store owner documents and information internally.

SH

Sue H.

PayHOA is perfect for our 400+ member POA

We moved all of our accounting from another software product and all of our members' records from Access to PayHOA. The support I have gotten from the folks at PayHOA is hands down the best product support I have ever had with any other company, and I am an IT person. They answer questions promptly, help with any issues, and we have had very few issues. I couldn't be happier!

Pros

I really like having the accounting and records management all in one place. I really like that I can use PayHOA services to mail the annual invoices. It saves me hours and hours of time.

Cons

One thing I would like added is the ability to query the data, like you would an SQL database.

EG

Erik G.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

PayHOA is a great product, but could use some more tweaking

Overall the payHOA system works very well and is easy to navigate. I have made use of it for over two years now and homeowners seem to like it as well. My community is small and we have not made full use of some of the features, but I am glad they are there to use when the time comes that we do use the features

Pros

It is easy to navigate around the website, and its intuitive so I can give someone admin access to the site and within a few hours they have a pretty good feel for the site. This makes any training needed for more specific things easier to do and get through.

Cons

The Invoice system still needs some work. Would like a way to filter out late fee separately from normal Invoices. It would help to also have a quick way to see the houses that are late on paying dues on the main dashboard. I also feel the site permissions need to be flushed out a bit more. I would like to assign mass permissions to most but would prefer to filter out specific people. It would be nice to see a way to drop specific home owners into groups and then be able to assign or remove permissions on those groups

BN

Burt N.

PayHoa Value

We have to develop and present a yearly budget for legal requirements. PayHOa does this very well. Ability to track individual payments and provide statements to individual members is easy and vital to our HOA.

Pros

Daily tracking of payments. Ability to make a monthly report to our HOA board. Ability to form and watch a yearly budget.

Cons

Keeping alignment with our bank has sometimes been a problem. Wish we could track savings accounts.

KL

Kemba L.

Pleased with this product

It's been a great experience, reducing labor time and making communication with residents more efficient.

Pros

Account tracking for each resident, overall transactions and budget reports have been most helpful for me as the treasurer. I used to spend hours to days trying to maintain this type of info. Now it is so much easier to maintain in minutes on a regular basis!

Cons

If some of the budget reports had the option to make more concise it would be helpful.

MB

Matthew B.

Public Relations and Communications, 1-10 employees

Mill Pond HOA

Major time saver.

Pros

Pay HOA minimizes the amount of checks I have to take to bank.

Cons

The filter options cannot be saved. This is a major time waster when going through searches. Columns can be customized but the second you click on a link, the filters are gone.

RR

Rebecca R.

Great HOA Management System

Pros

I love being able to track expenses and allowing our homeowners the transparency they should have for all expenses.

Cons

I don’t like that I am unable to give access to specific reports, rather than all reports which contain PII.

MH

Matthew H.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Great for Self Managed HOA's

This so far has been a great one stop shop to manage our HOA with ease

Pros

I am the president of our HOA for about 65 homes and we recently decided to move to a self managed HOA. I participated in free trials for almost every major product available on Capterra. Without a doubt, PayHOA's interface was the easiest to learn and sell to the other board members. We have identified a few bugs in the system, but working with support has been a breeze in getting them fixed. It...

Cons

The financial tools and reporting requires some work. I'm sure our Bank's outdated online banking system is a big factor in this. There are also many free online tools that can help cover any ground that this tool misses. I also feel that the online payment fees are not competitive either. It would be nice if there was a way to link your banks system to this to avoid these charges...

Matt, Thank you for the review! I really appreciate the feedback you've provided -- it really helps us to continue improving the product! Best, Mike

DS

Derek S.

Legacy Financial (LegFi) Customer Review

I am the treasurer of me fraternity at Michigan State University and we just wrapped up our first semester using your service. We decided to employ your product for a couple key reasons. We wanted the collection support, the ability to pay charges online, and the tax help the you provide through file990.org. Bad News first: You failed to have the proper tax form on your website. I called numerous...

Cons

Thank you for the feedback. We are always working hard to improve the customer experience and I'll take these notes directly to our tech team.

MC

Mark C.

PayHOA Rocks!!!!!!!

My overall experience with PayHOA is that I am very Happy I chose this company to use because it is so easy and when and if I have questions they are there to help.

Pros

Very easy to use and at a very good price. The customer support is very quick to respond if you have any questions.

Cons

I have not found a con with PayHOA because it is so user friendly.

CK

Cathy K.

Executive Office, 51-200 employees

Excellent job PayHOA

Customer service has been excellent when we've contacted them. So much so, that we have recently moved our website to payHOA. Thank you!

Pros

Our HOA switched to PayHOA a year and a half ago and it has been tremendously helpful in communicating with our members as well as financial accounting which we previously did by hand.

Cons

The accounting balances need to mirror our banking situation.

JE

James E.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Great product value, easy to use, but may still be a bit glitchy.

Overall great. I wish there was a phone number to call for customer service. They never answer. Only way to contact is through email. Response yikes are typically quick it sometimes issues can take 5+ biz days to resolve.

Pros

User friendly for smaller organizations.

Cons

Sometimes feels like a beta version of software was released before the final product was perfected.

DS

DAVID S.

Accounting, self-employed

PayHOA is Great

Pros

We have found that PayHOA has all the right tools for our small 41 unit HOA

Cons

It takes some time for our owners to get comfortable with using the product. Mainly because they are not use to using an on-line portal. The connection to our owners bank accounts to use the e-check feature needs a better explanation for how not do require a users login credentials to setup a bank account link

David, Thank you for the review! Your comments regarding the e-check workflow are really helpful! I'll pass those along to our development team! Best, Mike Bollinger

MK

Maryann K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

PayHOA is an easy to use and efficient software

Simple and easy for our homeowners to use, it's a great software

Pros

Owners info in one place and once their account is set up they can make their payments without assistance.

Cons

Sometimes it takes longer than usual for support to answer my question

JP

Julie P.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Decent option for managing an HOA

Overall, PayHOA is a good low cost option for small HOAs that are managing the HOA without assistance of a property manager.

Pros

PayHOA makes it easy to manage and maintain HOA membership, ownership, and communications. It also provides an easy location to upload, manage, and maintain documents making paper files a thing of the past and making it easy for the membership to access documents relevant to the HOA.

Cons

It's not as easy to export certain data as I'd like it to be -- sometimes I need to manually build out information because I can't include it in an export (like permissions and tags), and finding how to export data is less intuitive than it could be.

MM

Mitch M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

PayHOA fan

We are maintaining our own books and records now. We previously used a management firm.

Pros

Very easy product to use with great support!

Cons

Needs more options in reports, like emailing vendors from the portal or adding custom fields to email or reports. Takes a while to get a change implemented.

DL

Don L.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

PayHOA for a 4 Unit Condo in Puerto Vallarta Mexico

It has been great as an HOA Fee invoice and collection System.

Pros

I have only used the Invoicing and Payment module. It is easy to use and has a lot of functionality.When the developer turns over the building to us in November/2023 I look forward to using all the other modules. The biggest challenge will be integrating a Mexican bank into the System. Otherwise PayHOA handles Pesos just like they are dollars, in fact the symbol for a Peso is $.

Cons

How can we make it handle a Mexican Bank? This is not a Con because PayHOA was not designed to operate in a foreign country. There is a simple way to trick the system into accepting a Mexican Bank, even if we don't use any functions, e.g., taking payments or online vendor payments.

SM

Sharon M.

Public Relations and Communications, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Every HOA should use this system

Less time with paperwork. Paying vendors is extremely easy. Gives HOA digital records of each transaction.

Pros

You can easily keep track of each unit's monthly dues, change ownership of a town home when a resident moves, communicate easily with everyone who's a homeowner, easily send overdue notices and so many more things that make being a Treasurer or Secretary of an HOA so efficient.

Cons

Easy to use program. There's nothing I would change.

TS

Tucker S.

Real Estate, self-employed

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great software for managing HOA finances and tracking dues.

Overall we like the software and will continue to use it, assuming they do not do to many price hikes.

Pros

We like how easy it is to track dues for our HOA members. The automated email reminders when people are late has helped us keep properties paid up and on time.

Cons

Setup and the band integration were a little rocky. Ultimately we removed the automatic link between our back and PayHOA. I don't think it was so much PayHOAs issues as it was our back. We opted for a manual method, every month we just reconcile the accounts which doesn't take much effort.

DG

Dwayne G.

Worth every penny

HOA community was behind times and this was a game changer!

Pros

The simplicity and ease to set up and maintain

Cons

No dislikes works flawlessly. I highly recommend

BO

Benjamin O.

The software user interface does not allow for easy use.

I like all of the features offered within the product because it can be very useful if used to maximum capacity. However, the user interface does not allow for this to occur efficiently. Adding new members is very difficult. Grouping members into separate groups is slightly better. Charging members is difficult. Eliminating or changing charges is difficult. Many tasks require a reload of the page and the reload directs the user to a different page that they must navigate back to. This is very inefficient because you are required to complete tasks for embers over and over as opposed to all at once.

Cons

Hi Benjamin, Thank you for the note -- I appreciate your honest feedback. We are working hard to update the interface to solve many of the issues you pointed out. We are launching the new site Aug 1st. Below is a link to a dummy account, feel free to take a look around. I'd love to hear any feedback you may have! http://keeleux.com/dev/legfi/application/dashboard.php Best, Mike

JL

James L.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Total Confidence Recommending this Product

Outstanding! We were able to use the free trial to load all of our information and now we are ready to go live

Pros

Easy straight forward system. Great how to videos!

Cons

There were really NO issues:) Hands down the Best out of the box software I have ever used

James, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your business! Best, Mike