Rent Manager Reviews - Page 4

Highly Recommended

Pros

I have been a long-term Rent Manager user (10+ years). I have always been impressed with how responsive the developers, support, and sales staff are. Quick responses are always given and they have included suggested program features.

Cons

The only thing I could say that I like the least is the process of converting to RM12. We had hoped to be converted in the first quarter but have been delayed to the second quarter. However, they were prompt in explaining that the conversion progress is taking longer than they had anticipated and are following up with us routinely to keep us updated on our status.

Geared to the American Market

Obviously I still prefer it, as I've used it for 10 years.

Pros

Offers more than Yardi - at a cheaper price. Lets you customize a lot. Easy to use Very stable Never had an issue with billing.

Cons

Tried for five years to get recurring journals, Tried MANY times to have them print the letters "yymmdd" on cheques as required by Canadian standards. have to double print all our cheques to comply. Rent Manager Online wouldn't log in and actually locked me out on a Saturday morning - no help available until Monday? - Lucky I keep my own backup of information so I can respond to this emergency. No published in depth info on creating customized objects.

Hi Donna, Thank you for your review! We’re glad to have you as a customer for the past 10 years and looking forward to many more years in the future. With the recurring journals and date format changes, I would check out the recently updated Rent Manager Help File. Anywhere you are in the system, if you press your F1 key, it will open up the help file for the area in Rent Manager you are working in. This has detailed information regarding Journal Entries as well as a section on rmScript – our custom language, which helps you further customize Rent Manager. In regards to weekend Support hours, I apologize you were locked out of the system and unable to reach someone. I will pass your message on to our team to look into further.

Rent Manager

Pros

Rent manager has been easy to use. Has all the tools needed for property rental management

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this software

Hi Kristina, Thank you so much for your review and we're glad you are enjoying Rent Manager!

Rent Manager is great for property management

I don't have to be on the phone all the time with owner's or resident's because they can answer some of their on questions by accessing their account thru the portal.

Pros

User friendly, always adding new features that help in my industry.

Cons

There is so much I like about it, I can't tell you what I don't like.

Hi Starlett, Thank you so much for your review!

Don't waste time with Rent Manager

If you only manage 1 or 2 properties (and you own them), this might be OK. But, if you're in the business, this is the bottom of the barrel

Pros

It's cheap. That is the only pro. But if you're looking for good software, please don't even consider this.

Cons

It crashes and customer service is terrible. There is no way to correct accounting mistakes. It does not generate leases nor offer e-signatures. You have to manually generate owner's statements and manually e-mail them as all e-mails sent from Rent Manager end up in the spam folder.

Hi Enclave Holdings II, Thank you for providing your feedback. We do take customer feedback seriously and we would love to speak with you further regarding any issues you might be having. Rent Manager does allow you to correct accounting mistakes using GAAP standards. We also have leases, electronic signatures, an owner web portal for owner statements and information, report automation (including...

Rent Manager is nice if you do not want cloud based monthly pricing and don't care about a sleek up to date interface.

Pros

I can get a desktop version to fit my needs for my small amount units for a one time fee. It can run reports that I need. Keep track of my tenants and work orders and functions for the basic needs I have.

Cons

It is not super intuitive and if you need to switch the content onto another desktop they charge a fee.

Hi Shalee, Thank you so much for your review! It’s great to hear you are enjoying the Standalone version of Rent Manager. If you are looking for an up-to-date interface, I highly recommend checking out Rent Manager 12, which is available for RMO and Standalone users. Also, if you are ever looking for a feature in the program, push the F1 key on your keyboard. This will bring up the help file, full of helpful tips and guides to assist you with the program. You can also give us a call at any time – we’d love to help!

Very Satisfied

Great!

Pros

The tech support is great! I like being able to hover an item and click to go into it. The system is great!

Cons

Inexperienced tech support makes it frustrating when they do not know how to handle!

Hi Kimberly, Thank you for your feedback! Please reach out to sales@rentmanager.com should you have an issue with tech support in the future and we can look into it for you.

Outstanding Software, Outstanding Value

Pros

I have worked with Rent Manager for 10 years, it's been an integral part of the success of my business. It is by far the most user friendly software I've used in my career, it's easy for employees to navigate, even those without prior management experience. It has allowed me to effectively and smoothly organize my business The Rent Manager staff has always been at the cutting edge of technology, which is great for my business and the options I can offer my clients. Their customer service and support has always been responsive and top notch!

Cons

I haven't found anything yet! We have integrated almost all of the service options they have offered and they have all been of exceptional value.

The Software and Company continues to Amaze me

I switched over my friends 500 unit operation on Jan 1st of 2017 from Yardi, and have continued to be impressed at how comprehensive the software is. It is very rare that the software can't do what we want it to do. The tech support is very responsive and competent. My experience is with RM12. There is a little bit of a learning curve with the software, but this is ALWAYS the case when software that is as comprehensive as RM12. It was a big job and commitment to change software after 25+ years of using Yardi, but it was absolutely worth it.

Pros

Can purchase what features you want separately. Integrates web functionality, customization is abundant, support is amazing, interface and usability as as good as can be expected with this level of complexity.

Decent Application

It's not so bad but it did take some time to get used to this application.

Pros

It holds a lot of information and places for you to have all sorts of information on your tenants. It also has a lot of areas for real estate that help hold information.

Cons

It is not so easy to navigate and it's really outdated. I think it could have an easier way to navigate and condense everything instead of clicking between so many tabs.

Hi Natalie, Thank you for your review! I highly recommend checking out Rent Manager 12. We have taken user feedback to improve upon user experience, allowing you to customize your dashboards or create custom tabs specific for your needs.

Have been using rent manager for about 8 years. It's a good software.

Pros

This is a very easy to learn software. I've never had any problems with it. Everyone in our office are very happy with this software. I would totally recommend it.

Cons

Probably the cost. It's not the most expensive but it's not the cheapest either. I would still recommend it.

Hello Mary Ann, Thank you so much for your review!

Outdated, But Comprehensive

The program itself is pretty outdated compared to most products out there today but does have decent functionality in terms of reporting and user-defined fields specifically. The main downside for me is the fact that the program only runs off of a remote server and you can't access through a standard browser. The price point is not bad overall, but the way that they have over a dozen add-on products...

Pros

-Comprehensive reporting; -Overall price point (excluding add-on feature, which really brings up the cost).

Cons

-The remote server set up, which only allows logging in from a computer previously set up; -Only one user is allowed on the program at once (you pay for extra users); -The interface is extremely outdated (it looks like Windows 2000) -Electronic payments and credit checks are not incorporated and are done through outside companies, which is extremely annoying; -The system for service requests and work orders is extremely convoluted and, in my opinion, useless; - You cannot reconcile your bank accounts automatically, which is pretty common these days: -The upload and download feature does not work properly and is a waste of time; -The apps associated with the software is not made well, and you really have very little mobile functionality.

User friendly & easy to understand

Pros

The program is customizable to your needs so that you can use it for only what you want to use it for. Software is continuously updated so it decreases downtime.

Cons

The program has so many features and so many abilities that it takes some time to learn them all so that you can use it to the highest ability, but its totally worth it.

Hi Alejandra, Thank you for your review! We’ve actually revamped our weekly webinars to give in depth, quick overviews of different areas of the software to help with all of the various features. Your sales rep can also help direct you to the best available training resources if you’re looking for a specific feature. Give us a call at any time.

Very easy to use

Believe me I tried every program out there for any price It leads back to rent manager Nothing like it The EPP Mgmt

Pros

It has all in one and no need to have accounting out of the system like any other company that there is out there

Cons

Maybe to have online V like the V12 That would be better if u are out of the office like on any computer

Hi David, Thank you so much for your feedback! We do have mobileRM, which allows you to use Rent Manager on the go. Let us know if this is something you'd like to check out!

Excellent property management software

Pros

It is a fully integrated software that handles both the tenant records and a full accounting package. At one point in our business, we used RM for the tenant side and Quick Books for the accounting. When we converted to using RM for a total package, I couldn't believe how much time and money we saved by doing this. You eliminate all the double entry using 2 different programs. We use it to manage all of our properties and it works great! We also have our website that is integrated with RM.

Cons

It does everything we need it to do. Several options to pay online, utility billings, statements, tenant records, it does it all

Program Needs More Development

We switched from A very outdated version of Yardi to Rent Manager in hopes of gaining more features. We did get that but we went backwards in terms of functionality. The reporting needs work.

Pros

We were looking for a Web based program. Thus program had easy to follow icons. The Newer technology allowing tenant online payments was a big draw.

Cons

The program is a bit too simple. It needs to be more robust for this industry. There are so many variables in Property Management and they are too cut and dry.

Hi Darla, Thank you for your review. We have quite a diverse feature set and one of the most customizable programs in the industry. We would love to check out your current Rent Manager setup to see if the specific features you are looking for might not be turned on yet or dive into some of the reporting options you have within the program. This could be a simple permissions update for your user account from your system administrator as well to make sure you have the feature access you need.

Great Experience

Pros

Enjoy customer service. App is well written. Like the interface as well as the capability of having frequently used and history options

Cons

Some things are difficult to find, especially permissions. But once they are found they are easy to change.

Hi Noor, Thank you so much for your review and our customer support team says thanks for the shout out! If you are ever trying to find something in Rent Manager, in the top right of the application (or click F11 on your keyboard), it will bring you to Command Launch. Type in any feature or report name and it will take you straight to the area in the program you are looking for. You can also give us a call at any time and we can gladly help you navigate though all the user permissions available.

Dorel

User Friendly Program and as the CFO love the PRICE for what we get. I can access the program anywhere which is a HUGE Bonus for me as I travel a lot and need to get online to resolve issues or answers questions. Great Customer Service with ease of submitting tickets from within the program saving a significant amount of time by not sitting on your phone waiting for someone to pick up. We have been...

Cons

Thank you for the great feedback! There is an option to consolidate databases into one, gives the ability to run combined financials, and also help you with the ease of running your business. I've made a note to your Account Manager to review a few of these options next time and see if any interest you. Let us know if you ever need assistance! Kari Digital Marketing Coordinator

Not for Lenders

I was sold by the idea of been able to do Notes Receivable, after call, and call, and call trying to figure out that this is not for my business, the girl who was going to do the "integration" told me that the system was not created for Lenders or Notes receivables, waste of time watching the videos, waste of time talking to people who only do renters and getting frustrated that they do not understand...

Pros

Could be useful for renters, not Lenders like they told me they would

Cons

That nothing they use, was usable for my type of business

Hi Elva, Thank you for your feedback. Your message has been sent to our management team.

Definitely recommend Rent Manager.

Pros

I like that it is web based and don't have to worry about back-ups and upgrades on my computer system. Rent Manager meets all our needs and more. Many and varied report options, sales staff and tech support are knowledgeable and courteous. Even though I have been using RM since 2009, I am still finding ways I can use this property management program. There's a lot packed into this software.

Cons

I've been trying to come up with something but honestly can't find anything that I don't like about this product or vendor.

Not good for a big property

I work at a 740 unit property. it does NOT run smooth at all. To find an easy answer you have to pull different reports in different areas to get the answer you need. There are errors and issues that happen almost daily and sometimes multiple times a day. The program should make your job easier not harder. It has been over 3 months and they still can not fix or have not fixed the Aged Receivables report. When you run the report it includes prospects-even though you check a box to NOT include them! One of the reasons our owner got Rent Manager 12 was because the phone calls were recorded now RM found out that it is illegal to store recorded phone calls in the tenants history/notes so you can't use that anymore. Not happy with their program or service.

Pros

recorded calls-until RM took it away.

Cons

Multiple Issues Daily

Hi Laurenz Place, Thank you for your feedback. Your review was brought up to our management team and I see that they have reached out to you for additional feedback. Our storing of recording phone calls feature is fully legal (regulations may differ by state) and I am happy to see that you are currently working with our team on this issue. As always, we put our customers first and we are always willing to help. Please reach out to our support team at any time if you run into any issues in the future.

This program has made my life and my company's easier. The customer service is outstanding

Pros

Outstanding customer service; great value. The program is intuitive to use and has many useful features.

Cons

I work internationally, and occasionally my IP address is blocked from accessing our internet-licensed version of the program. This creates some inconvenience, but has always been addressed quickly by the Rent Manager team.

Hi Metron-Farnier, Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear Rent Manager has been able to make your life easier and your business run more smoothly. We do apologize about the international IP issue. I will make a note of this and pass your review on to our management team.

too cumbersome to use

needed a login/password and couldnt simply provide a reset , i had to phone in. not satisfied

Pros

the ability to online access rents and information is nice

Cons

every issue must be dealt with a phone call........extremely low tech for a supposed hi tech platform

Hi Clinton, Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that your experience with us has been less than exceptional and we would like to learn more about your experience with the software so we can make it better. I will have your account rep reach out to you to learn more. If you are ever in need of assistance, you can also email support@rentmanager.com or click F1 anywhere in the program for our...

Rent Manager is awesome. I highly recommend them.

Pros

I love that they will try to create features based on my suggestions. Everyone is very friendly and knowledgeable. Support is very quick to respond.

Cons

Thank you for your review Lydia!

We love Rent Manager

Pros

This product is very easy to customize. Screen Tabs, Reports, Forms, Email Communications etc. It's versatile. Will work for any property type you manager. Has a web interface for owners, tenants, and vendors. This vendor is responsive to customer input and has provided us excellent support when needed.

Cons

We do not currently use the mobile inspection app because the reports are not customizable. Would like to see them improve this in the future.