Momence Logo

Software for managing live events and on-demand experiences.

Momence Reviews

Suggested alternatives

wellnessliving
mindbody
vagaro

The marketing suite is great with tons of templates to use and options to build custom campaigns too. Support is super responsive and the techs all seem really knowledgable.
It's also very customer friendly. My clients are very happy with the improvement from our old software to book and purchase online.
I decided to purchase, they charged me immediately, but did nothing my first on-boarding call. 2 weeks later was supposed to be my second but I couldn’t get a response for days.
The only thing that has been mildly annoying is when I’m scrolling through my classes and I’m looking at, for example, page 4, when I’m done looking at a class, it returns to page 1 instead of page 4.

AP

Angelica P.

Seamless Business Enhancement with Momence

I can't speak highly enough about Momence and the transformative impact it has had on our business operations. The leads functionality has streamlined our lead management process, providing an intuitive and efficient way to capture, organise, and convert leads seamlessly. The integration of Momence Sequences has been a game-changer in our customer experience strategy. It has allowed us to create and...

Pros

I love the simplicity of Momence. There are no complicated interfaces - everything makes sense and is easy to set up and use. Momence has thought of almost everything you need to run a successful studio and has brought it together in one platform. This means there is no need for complicated 3rd party links to CRM tools or leads management software or a seperate video hosting platform for on-demand classes/courses. Momence puts you in total control of your client journey from prospect to member.

Cons

I think Momence can do better in terms of client education. While I can find most of what I am looking for, sometimes the explanations are not overly detailed or don't have a business use case. This could be because they are continually innovating and improving their product. I can envision a "Momence Academy" with step by step guides of all the features and how they can benefit your business. I'm sure it's on the roadmap!

JG

Jason G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great system appointment and health based features have some ways to go, and data migration approach needs significant improvement

I think Momence is a great tool, I think the team is great overall, and they are very attentive to customers needs and take on feedback. I think there is a higher focus on gyms and other event based businesses than appointment based businesses and a higher focus on fitness and "wellness" over health (e.g physios and medial massage) so something to consider. A couple of my leaves are 1) the payment...

Pros

I love the simplicity, the elegance of the app, the richness of features and the pace at which they make changes. I also love the availability of support both chat and phone. I love that the product and dev teams act on feedback quickly. I think its fairly well priced for the feature set and if they keep improving at the pace that they are then I'm looking forward to the future.

Cons

The biggest draw back for me was the data migration. I'm utterly disappointed that 1) they did not disclose how limited there import approach was, in fact it was the opposite 2) it seemed like they let me put a tonne of instructions to gather to placate me, then they promptly ignored a lot of it 3) decision were made on my behalf (e.g. they imported my appointments as events, they showed the appointments...

SE

Sara E.

Monumental Waste of Time

One month after launch I requested to cancel my 12 month subscription which I paid up front - I was told I could request a refund at any time - and while they agreed to refund me, it's been nearly 7 weeks and while I continue to have issues with the software I have had no funds at all returned to me. I have had more issues in less than 3 months than I ever did in 4 years with my previous software. The product did not perform or provide as I was told it would and it's been a huge waste of my time and energy. Particularly disappointed with the lack of customer service.

Pros

The only positive was the ease of SMS usage. I have nothing positive to say otherwise.

Cons

I was sold this software as an all in one solution, and while we had demos and I had access to a limited free version in the lead up to launch, it was only when we went live I was able to see the limited functionality of the on-demand and course library - which was essentially a step down from the previous product I used. Additionally, the transition was anything but smooth, all of our memberships were moved over, however these all had issues such as being cancelled for no reason but still allowing bookings for classes or double charging members. As an administrator and business owner I have been locked out TWICE in the space of 6 weeks - both times for a period of more than 72 hours. I had to escalate the issue myself to get it resolved.

RP

Rachael P.

Yoga Studio Booking Software

Our overall experience has been postitive and I am looking forward to using even more of the features and functionality.

Pros

I love all the features and fucntionality! Especially the integrated CRM that includes texting, email and staff reminders. The ability to create automated marketing sequences. The On Demand Video Library and easy livestream Zoom integration. The customized permissions that you can assign to teachers and staff. The review management funtion, leads integration, live chat support, marketing support and their mobile app. Momence was one of the only studio software that had everything we needed!

Cons

The on boarding was a bit of a challenge. We had some issues with the transferring of data from our previous software and a couple bumps in the road on transition day. The software takes awhile to learn and is not as intuitive or user friendly as I would like for set-up and ease of use, but now that I'm more familiar and comfortable using it, I am very happy we made the switch.

VM

Valerie M.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Extremely happy and impressed with Momence

Pros

First and foremost, our customers prefer it over other software we have used. We spend far less time trouble-shooting client booking issues with Momence than with previous software. On the back end, we find Momence to be very user-friendly. Set-up was pretty easy; it took a lot of time because of the size of our operation, but we were fully supported every step of the way. The software is very intuitive...

Cons

There's not much that we don't like, which is why I'm writing this review after 6 months of use. I suppose I'd prefer it to cost less but I've learned that one gets what one pays for!

BT

Bernie T.

Poor software

Momence support is poor. Their staff are not well trained to resolve issues when they arise. We also frequently get charged more than what is stipulated in our contract and have to contact them for refunds.

Pros

Momence is a rudimentary software for fitness businesses. They present themselves well and is simple to use if you don't have many clients or classes scheduled.

Cons

over time there have been multiple issues and glitches in the software. They can take months to respond and with our latest issue, it has been 2 months with no follow up even though they have said it's been escalated and put on high priority. I hate to think how slow low priority is. With other software we have used, a late cancellation would usually mean a lost credit however, we have noted multiple clients who have been able to rebook with their credit after a late cancellation. We were also overcharged by over $10000 once which was another mess. I could go on and on with all the issues we have faced. Any pros are most definitely outweighed by the cons.

aC

allie C.

I have time.

See above. Amazing to think of how much money I save each month (minimum $200/mo in savings) plus how much time I have to create content instead of uploading, downloading and sharing.

Pros

Momence has taken me from 4 platforms to one. I used to have to record on zoom, upload to vimeo, send to clients and use the payment processing and booking through another platform. Momence does this all automatically, reducing my work hours and my expenses by a substantial amount. It is affordable. The help desk is unbelievable for me and also for my clients -- timely and they always solve the issues. This is a company that is always improving itself and is starting from an already impressive base. I truly would recommend them to anyone! Oh and I have used both MindBody and Wellness Living previously. I have been in this industry and a studio owner for over 25 years....

Cons

In creating online courses, I do find it confusing to get all of the necessary pieces to work together -- subscription vs on demand course etc. I am learning to use the community tier feature and think it could have more but I am still learning so unsure....

EN

Eleesha N.

New Momence - Pilates Studio User of 5 studios

We have been with Mindbody for more than 8 years, I hated mind body however thought it would be too hard to transition to another provider plus they would all be the same. I was absolutely wrong! The transition was tough, I wont deny. However the benefits outweigh the transition. The ease of customer contacts via in-app messaging, contacting all clients on a class list, sms, emails and marketing...

Pros

Service and customer support of real people

Cons

Our data transition was a little rough moving from Mindbody to Momence, which I think is to be expected with 5 studios and large membership bases. Momence support team really did do their best and were always contactable through the period.

MM

Marsha M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Momence is on my winning team.

I have had a very positive experience with Momence. It took a bit to retrain my senior members to work the new platform when I switched from another product, but most people just coming into the experience say it is very straightforward and easy to navigate.

Pros

They are pro active at keeping the software updated and adding new features that enhance the customer experience and the admin experience.

Cons

Sometimes I have to do a workaround if an instructor wants something that the software just isn't set up for. But I have always been able to find a workaround.

Jenna W.

Fitness and Medspa management review

We have had such an amazing experience with momence. [sensitive content hidden] was so helpful when we were picking momence to use for our go forward booking platform and now [sensitive content hidden] has been beyond knowledgeable and helpful in the onboarding process.

Pros

The employees at Momence are top notch. From the experience from the sales process with [sensitive content hidden] to the onboarding process with [sensitive content hidden] has truly been exceptional. This platform and this team is a 10/10!

Cons

Not HIPPA complaint. We are integrating 3 companies into one and the onboarders are busy with other appts so sometimes we could use a longer onboarding meeting, but thats forcing me to make a complaint. i really dont have any - they have been AWESOME!

Jeni W.

Momence = innovation & excellent customer service

We offer fitness classes that bring joy & freedom for our clients bodies. Our booking system needs to mimic that, the steps a client needs to take to do this should be simple, seamless & just as joyful! Momence in just a short time, 1 mth in whilst the change from MB to momence for our clients was big for them & for us, the positive feedback so far has helped reaffirm our decision to change over. Not to mention that Momence is happy to learn from its clients and customers just as much as we are. To learn from what isn’t working & proactively and quickly remedy what needs to change. Today - that is appreciated and so valued - thank you.

Pros

Zoom integration is just part of the platform. Video On demand library easy to set up, filter and manage videos 5 stars, scheduling multiple classes, hybrid classes, message clients through the software many of the features are just part of your subscription and not an expensive add on. Not to mention customer service, support team and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] incredibly easy to work with and communicate. Support is responsive and timely and it’s a real person who is genuinely interested in solving answering your queries. I would recommend Momence for absolutely any fitness, wellness studio, events business Well done team - thank you for creating and developing the software & being malleable towards continuous improvement that comes from listening to customer both business & its clients.

Cons

Notifications of New Client's offered expiring Lead management tools Website integration is ok but leads to Momence website - be great if it interfaces seamlessly into studios website.

MM

Marsha M.

Momence Is Helping My Business Grow

Having the options of courses, classes and semesters has been valuable. Having all the different payment options has been great. The more I get to know the program, the more I realize all the information I can access and manipulate. As things are smoothing out, it is becoming a time saver for me. The customer support has been very appreciated by a few of my customers. For me the Q & A is awesome!! Thanks for all the time an effort you have put into this feature. Having a zoom link right on the class listing and Momence taking care of adding all the links has been amazing.

Pros

The calendar on my website where people can buy right from the website or jump to their account, is a great feature. I think this feature has brought in a few more folks. Many of my loyal customers have commented that this platform is very user friendly. I have tried a couple of different platforms and there is always a learning curve but switching to Momence seems to have presented less difficulty.

Cons

My bugaboo at first was setting the time of a class and realizing I had to hit return to set the time or it would revert to a default by the time I got down to hit the save button or finish putting in the other class parameters. The time zone thing also got a few of my customers who live in Fairbanks but have phone numbers from other time zones. I did figure out how to change that so any information that went out went out reflecting our time zone.

JS

Jill S.

Research, 11-50 employees

Beyond terrible experience

As others have noted, there are serious glitches and Momence “support” is entirely lacking. I have awhile left on my contract but will switch the MOMENT I finish demos and researching new options. Dealing with Momence is a small business owner’s worst nightmare. I reported an issue a week and a half ago and they refuse to help me. First they said it was resolved, second they lied and said it was my...

Pros

It used to be good 2+ years ago. Something drastic has changed and it’s very disappointing.

Cons

Customer service and support is beyond a joke.

ME

Michelle E.

Forward Thinking Software

Although we had a few hiccups during the onboarding experience, we appreciated the immediate support and answers to questions, as well as timely resolution to support issues during start up. We still have a lot to learn and hoping to maximize the customer success contact to help with this.

Pros

Momence is forward thinking in its features and open to feedback to support future updates. Their support center is very quick in their responses and work to resolve any issues as fast as possible. In addition to an onboarding team, a customer success contact is also assigned to provide ongoing training on the software to increase confidence in the system. Having the opportunity to demo the system and have personal hands-on experience also helped solidify our decision with moving to Momence.

Cons

Would like to see calendar integrations in the future, as well as future scheduling for recurring classes to be able to update ahead of time versus waiting for the minimum 5 classes ahead. Need the ability to restrict classes by age as well as an overall calendar that shows all classes, appointments etc. for entire staff with the public view being able to add closing days. Otherwise, the software has much more than previous software used.

Jennifer W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Clean, concise, and evolving software perfect for my needs.

Momence has made class registration easier for our clients. There are less questions for me to handle and manage as an owner. Other elements that have made our business better: website integration, SMS, simple ways to customize the program, clean reports, easy ways to market your classes, and overall it was easy for us to learn and implement.

Pros

Momence offers everything we need in a simple and fluid format. It is easy for our staff to use as well as our clients. I save many hours each week on administrative tasks.

Cons

I haven't really found an issue with the software. My only wish is that I had more training time on the software. I'm a hands on learner, so I need a bit more time understanding how Momence works for my specific set up.

AZ

Allison Z.

march 2022 leela yoga

Overall its a good experience. I like that y'all are making changes frequently and are pretty flexible! It would be cool to have a user council call with other Momence users and discuss best practices.

Pros

I think it's pretty intuitive and you're able to easily make changes to the schedule. I think the sms texting is awesome - I also think adding a customized sms texting group would be amazing! I love the staff they are very helpful! I also love the tagging feature an saving of static vs dynamic "lists". It would be nice to have a feature to auto email a student that has only been to the studio one time in 3 months or set a time frame automatically.

Cons

I think reporting needs to improve and the way to download reports. For example pulling a teachers classes you should be able to do in one download all classes and individual students and info in one file. Not individual files for each class. Also, I think it would be helpful to distinguish between membership and class passes for example drop-in or a 5 or 10 class pass should not fall under the category of membership - membership should be revenue committed for a continual basis by contract. Also it would be nice on the user profile to separate out the buying/purchases from the attendance

CM

Christl M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great idea but poor implementaion

I was hoping for a better experience with custormer service in setting up my software and making sure things run smoothly. The chat help is only useful at showing what video to look at but they don't seem to have the knowledge to be more help with specific issues. Emails to support don't even get a response that the message was received and that is the same with billing.

Pros

I love the CRM and ability to better interact with my clients from my scheduling software.

Cons

It is very hard to see what the clients are being charged when using discounts and special offers, sometimes I void a charge but it leaves the visit as "paid". The reports are off.

AC

Anika C.

still figuring it out

help is available but can be passive agresive, especially when you are just learning their system. Help to a degree then they just send you to a video that doesn't always answer your specific question.

Pros

their chat support, but they do not have screen share option. So when you have an issue you can't just show them in a screen share. Video database, and zoom integration although this is a huge part of my dislike because it is glitching.

Cons

cannot setup a class multiple days a week. If you offer the same type of class two or more days a week instead of being able to select M, W, F you have to set that class up three time's instead of once. Setting up a class takes forever! With so many options, that should just be a template... which they are finally coming out with. Duplicating recurring classes i ran into glitch's, we haven't even fully launched.

ZS

Zefea S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Solid system, quite happy so far

Overall Im quite pleased. There were a few occasions that it took quite a long time to get a response and repeated emails from our end were needed to find answers. The helpdesk chat usually response quickly and is helpful, but to talk with someone on the phone an appointment needs to be scheduled far out in advance. We are still figuring out a few things, not everything is straight forward. I cannot always find the help info/videos, unless a hepldesk person sends me a link. There are still functionalities that I need to explore. We are a bit surprised how long it takes for funds to show up in our account after running it in the system. This is longer than what we are used to with different processors. We also hope that the international component of our business can be figured out.

Pros

We are very happy with the online video library options. Also live streaming had a few more options that we were looking for that others didnt have. In general also happy with most other features of the software.

Cons

There some components that require extra steps to connect together, When a mistake was made or when we were trying to figure the best way to set things up for our use, it wasnt easy to just delete parts.

CP

Claire P.

Adaptable to studio needs

In the beginning a lot of our packages and memberships were inputted wrong which was a big headache and stress for me and handeling with clients. Since then has been fixed and everyone is so nice and helpful at problem solving.

Pros

It's great that it's a new company willing to grow WITH your needs. They were able to adjust things to suit our needs and the clients, by how they book to our different studio spaces. Our clients found the software easier to use then MINDBODY it was a short transition to get use to the new system.

Cons

I think there's room for improvement looking ahead to which classes in the future to edit or cancel for holidays. Someties our clients book ahead before I've had time to adjust.

RH

Rebecca H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Great Experience, would highly recommend!

Its been great and couldn't have asked for more.

Pros

The support that was given through the change over from one booking software to this one. They have a quick response team that made my feel super supported through the transition and afterwards. I also love how i can have an unlimited amount of video content on here and the app is a great feature.

Cons

Customers would love it if they could click onto multiple classes and then go through to payment rather than clicking to book and then pay for each individual class.

ML

Michele L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

A Diamond In the Rough of Software Options!

Momence is more up-to-date software with all the features I need for more than half of what I was spending before. I am so pleased with with Momence and all that is has to offer for me, my teachers and my students!

Pros

Momence is extremely easy to learn, implement and use on a regular basis. It's also very customer friendly! My clients are very happy with the improvement from our old software to book and purchase online.

Cons

The marketing tools are amazing and can also be improved to add more than one variable when determining who should receive a campaign. But I know they are always upgrading and adding features, so I look forward to seeing this option soon!

EG

Erika G.

Momence Review

The Momence onboarding process was supported very well! I was able to schedule as many one on one calls with the same representative which made it a streamlined and personal experience! The ability to make changes to our class schedule with one click saves so much time. Also the ability to pass on the credit card surcharges to the client saves us a lot of money.

Pros

Ease of use on both the front end and back end. Also the personal customer service!

Cons

That it is not comparable with my branded APP by Axel

MT

Megan T.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Momence is a great wellness platform!

Amazing! Everyone I worked with at Momence during the transition from our previous platform to Momence was incredibly helpful, knowledgeable, and kind. Since switching to Momence, we have a one person of contact that we reach out to with any issues and they have been extremely responsive and I don't have to worry about an issue being ignored. Momence also allows our staff members to be more hands off with the management of our Pilates classes and Massage appointments, which frees them up for other task.

Pros

We like how seamlessly our schedule and VOD was integrated into our website. We also like how easy the app is to use for our clients for purchasing packages and scheduling appointments and classes.

Cons

I feel the website integration could be improved by returning the clients to the businesses website to schedule more classes instead of taking the clients to Momence.com when they click "book more".

RR

Rima R.

Momence - A partner not just a booking system

Love it!

Pros

Ease of use, Customer support, make-sense approach, creativity, can-do attitude.

Cons

Wish we had Add-On Buttons on the APP, that users could buy a class for someone else on App, that credit card fees could be transferred to guests when using Stripe card reader.