Action1 Logo

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

ninjarmm
pulseway

Very good, I could setup the software very easy and fast. The guys working on the software are very interested on bringing it forward, something that I like.
Very fair pricing and simple to set up. The real-time updates in the GUI are impressive and there looks to be some rapid and useful development underway.
They are executed on your source machine. Not sure how to get around this, but this was the only negative.
The Remote Desktop feature is missing the option for file transfers and chat but both are on the roadmap for future updates. The agent is currently only available for Windows.
A few functionalities are missing, such as sending files via remote desktop, or updating programs installed with exe, not MSI, but as far as I know they plan to add these functionalities.

Christo v.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

I cannot believe this is free!

Simply Superb!

Pros

Besides the fact that the features I use is free, the easy deployment and setup is simply mind boggling, to be free. Usually free things are not very user friendly, but boy am I wrong with Action1. Simply superb!

Cons

None that I can find to mention here, especially after I'm getting it for free...

JE

Jared E.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Fantastic Patch Management / RMM solution

Really great, other providers nickel and dime you for features, don't support basic common-sense things, or are difficult to deal with in general. Action1 is fantastic, you're dealing with real people that understand what you're trying to do, not some public/VC company that just wants to squeeze every last penny out of you and doesn't care if their product sucks.

Pros

Patch management is great, lots of apps are covered, patches can be scheduled, you can set a retry window if a host isn't online. Very easy to use. Remote desktop works well and connects quickly. You can remotely deploy software and run scripts (from their library, or upload your own).

Cons

It's hard to find anything to complain about. It would be nice if they offered MDM like control over workstations (GPO type settings). Once in a while vulnerability management has a false positive but it's a fairly new feature at the time of writing.

KF

Kristin F.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Great resource for smaller companies

Pros

I appreciate the pricing and functionality of this software. It may be basic in comparison to other applications, but it does a good job with hardware inventory and software patch tracking. I also like the remote control ability. Not as robust as some application, but is still very useful.

Cons

Remote control could use some enhancements. The option to turn off the request for users to accept the remote control connection. Often can't make the connection to the client. No error message.

Hi Kristin, Thank you so much for sharing your kind words with us. Your review means a lot to our team. We also appreciate you've brought some issues to our attention as we are constantly improving our product. We are glad to inform you that the ability to turn off the request for users to accept the remote-control connection will come with the next product release. At the same time, we are sorry to hear you are having some troubles connecting to the client. Please, contact support@action1.com, and they will be happy to assist you.

FC

Fred C.

Great solution

Action1 is great. I love that they have a discord channel where you can talk with other users. I've received some great support from them, and from time to time the founders of the company even talk to us is the channel.

Pros

I love the fact that Action1 has many features straight out of the box. They market themselves as a Patch Management solution, but they do some great features such as software installation, Vulnerability scanning, and remote access as well.

Cons

The time from when you tell the system to perform a task, to when it actually does is a bit slow. Nothing too drastic though. we are talking around 30 seconds.

KG

Kjetil G.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Don't know how we managed without Action1

I can only say that Action1 is fantastic, and I hightly recommend it to anyone looking for a patch managment solution.

Pros

Action1 has been a lifesaver for us as a small ICT Team. We now have full overview of our fleet of windows devices and can see any updates or vulnerabilites at a pane of glass. In my team we often talk about how a great find Action1 was. We looked at different solutions, but they were either too expensive or did not have the features we wanted. We love how the team at Action1 regulary keep us up to date webinars, and frequently publish new features.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about Action1. I do wish that we also could see our MacOS fleet in Action1, but the good news is that that is on their roadmap.

DR

Darren R.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Action 1 Simple Efficient and Easy to use

Faster more efficient means of accessing clients machines for support.

Pros

It is very simple to setup and deploy. The remote connections are hassle free and need no client interaction which is more efficient whilst still remaining secure. The patching is easy to control and gives the ability to ensure all clients are fully patched. We can even choose when and how they are deployed.

Cons

Monitoring could be better with easier access to the logs. This way you can see things like bad blocks or memory errors.

MM

Michael M.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Great Service to MSP

Pros

As a sideline MSP, it is great that there are 100 free endpoints to get me going until I can expand my business. It allows me to use high-level tools without the startup cost and expand from there.

Cons

Not really a con, but the remote desktop does need some additional features. It is great for basic remote options but other services definitely offer more.

JH

Joe H.

Farming, 51-200 employees

Patch Management and Software Deployment we can count on!

Action1 has become an indispensable tool in our toolbox. Actually, it is more like a toolbox of tools. We have software deployments, patching, and scripts which set configurations all running automatically. They are continually improving their platform as well and I am optimistic that the product will just keep getting better.

Pros

Action1 automation policies ensures all our systems are patched. Action1 also streamlines our new workstation deployment. We just install Action1 and then all other required apps get deployed by automation policies. Super easy!

Cons

Reboot prompts need improvement. Currently you can notify a user that a reboot will occur at a specified time and they can either reboot now or snooze the message. There should be an option to allow them to cancel the reboot up to a certain number of days.

AB

Arvin Brayn N.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

One of the best RMM tools I have used.

Pros

I've tried numerous different products from the web, but Action1 has been the most hassle-free and user-friendly RMM tool I have had the pleasure of using.

Cons

None so far, I have not encountered any issues with this piece of software - it has so far been a huge benefit for our growing company to ensure I can manage computers efficiently.

EN

Eric N.

Action1 is an amazing platform

Action1 is easy to use and I'd encourage everyone to give it a try. It is free for less than 100 endpoints and its features are comparable if not better than pricey competitors offering the same features.

Pros

Patching and remote management are my favorite aspects of using Action1.

Cons

None so far. It is a great utility that makes IT administration much easier.

SS

Shawn S.

The awesomeness of Action1

Overall, for the cost and 100 free endpoints, this cant be beat, it gives you the most including items needed for RMM, the ability to run scripts either via powershell or command line is just awesome to have, remote control, main view of client updates that need to be done, Is an awesome product

Pros

Some of the best features are the ability to deploy either through group policy or manual, This limits how log to onboarding a client

Cons

Some features that are missing is being able to transfer files from tech computer to remote computer, another item is the layout, needs to have customize the current view or adding columns, instead of having to drill down further to find either IP address etcThe need for a Mac and Linux client could be a tremendous add on

TC

Tom C.

Farming, 51-200 employees

Action1 is a great patch management and RMM.

Fantastic. Our account manager was great, not too much pressure from when he quoted to when he closed. Support has been very good when needed and helped initially with a few minor setup issues.

Pros

I love action1 because it is simple to use. It has Entra SSO. It uses powershell a lot, we can build custom reports and alerts.

Cons

The product is still evolving, there are items on the roadmap that I can't wait to see implemented.

jc

john c.

Action1 RMM

Excellent. Has worked fine for our use from day one.

Pros

IT's simplicity in use and dashboard showing the health of client machines.

Cons

For my purposes. Could use some enhancements in reports and dashboard. 1) A report that shows duration, time and date connected to client machine(s) 2) Add time and date last online (connected) to endpoint screen.

Abel R.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Action1 Review by BAC SYSADMIN

It has patched, managed, and gave me access to workstations fast and from anywhere I am at with internet. I enjoy the two factor authentication as well.

Pros

I enjoy that I am able to connect to every computer and understand what is happening within my network. I like that there are email motivations that I can set up to know what is critical and who has installed a software. Peace of mind is what I like the most, especially as a one person IT position.

Cons

I would say the UI, it is rather basic. I think basic has gone a long way but it seems like i spend a lot of time opening the menu tree on the left side too much. It would be nice if it was set up a bit nicer, not really a con though.

Hi Abel, thank you for the detailed review, and we are glad to see that you are enjoying many of our features! We also appreciate you've brought some issues regarding UI to our attention. We are constantly improving our product, including enhancing UI. Some particular UI improvements will come with the next product release.

MD

Miroslav D.

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Splendid patch management solution

Overall, a great product. In cloud solution, with intuitive setup and comprehensive software update database. Finally, we have found the right tool to manage both system and 3rd party applications for a very reasonable price.

Pros

The implementation and initial setup is very easy to do. We appreciate the possibility to set up the automatic patch deployment according to our needs.

Cons

Sometimes we struggle to update per-user instances of installed applications.

MT

Marek T.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Action1 Review

The software provided robust remote endpoint management capabilities, allowing me to efficiently monitor and manage all devices within my network. The centralized dashboard, real-time alerts, and reporting features were particularly valuable in ensuring the security and performance of my endpoints. While there was a learning curve for advanced configurations, the software's documentation and customer support were helpful in addressing any challenges. Overall, Action1 provided a reliable and efficient solution for remote endpoint management, contributing to better network security and streamlined IT operations.

Pros

One of the things I liked most about Action1 was its comprehensive remote endpoint management capabilities. The software provided a centralized dashboard that allowed me to monitor and manage all the endpoints in my network from a single interface. The ability to remotely deploy software updates, patches, and security configurations to multiple devices simultaneously was a significant time-saver. The...

Cons

One aspect I liked least was the complexity of certain advanced configurations. While the basic functionalities were relatively straightforward to use, configuring more advanced features and policies required a deeper understanding of the software's capabilities. The learning curve for implementing custom actions or creating complex automation workflows could be steep for users without prior technical knowledge. However, Action1's documentation and customer support were helpful in overcoming these challenges.

DK

Donatas K.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Best tool for little organisation to manage endpints remotelly

Action1 has been a game-changer for me. Not only has it streamlined my patch and update process, but it has also been instrumental in addressing windows-related issues for my users. The ability to troubleshoot without being physically present on-site is a significant time-saver. Moreover, the software's capabilities in handling multiple endpoints simultaneously mean that I can do more in less time, eliminating the tediousness of manual operations.

Pros

I've experimented with various tools, but Action1 stands out. The ease of installing an agent on an endpoint with zero configuration is commendable. With just a link to the end user, I can manage updates and patches (including third-party apps). It offers the flexibility of executing pre-deployed windows scripts or using bespoke ones. One of the standout features, from my perspective, is the ability to swiftly connect to a remote desktop without requiring any additional tools or the hassles of user IDs and passwords.

Cons

While I've had a largely positive experience with the software, I think it falls short in its inability to manage other operating systems. A more holistic solution would integrate management for platforms like Android and iOS tablets.

LD

Lisa D.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Great Features and Easy to Implement

Endpoint Management and remote support

Pros

How easy it was to get up and running. Free to try on up to 100 computers

Cons

The only feature that Action1 is missing is Mac support- it is on the list of future implementation'sRemote Support allows switching between 2 screens but unable to see both at same time

AI

Ariel I.

Fantastic Tool

For many years I have used Microsoft's wsus tool, but it has not been updated for a long time. when I found this program I fell in love

Pros

It is an easy to use and at the same time very efficient tool.

Cons

There are no things I don't like because it doesn't work well.

PA

Paul A.

Action1

From day one I have found Action1 to be a fantastic product. I believe we starting using this software in it's infancy, but you wouldn't have known it. The support team were amazing and even sent over some customised reports we requested that were not available from the portal at the time. It's a straight forward piece of software that delivers what it advertises and much more.

Pros

It's straight forward ease of use. The way it is constantly being improved with new features added on a regular basis. The support team have always been great when contacted and seem to genuinely want to help resolved your issue. It simply just does what it says it does, and well.

Cons

It's not perfect. But then what is. Occasionally I find that it might be missing an option to simplify what I'm trying to do. But never had an issue where I couldn't achieve what I was trying to.

BW

Bryan W.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Best Free/Cheap Option Out There

Overall it is a great product that has grown a lot since I started using it. It is young and lacking in some areas compared to competitors but their roadmap looks good and will bring it up further.

Pros

The product is free for up to 100 computers now instead of the previous 50. I can also use it to deploy .exe files with arguments.

Cons

Its remote desktop feature is still lacking compared to competitors but it at least offers an option.

YS

Yi S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Very Good RMM and easy use

The best one RMM that I used now.

Pros

Remote control, patch management and IT inventory

Cons

No MacOS agent at this time - cannot remote in. Also need transfer file between local and remote.

RS

Rod S.

Non Profit Win!

AWESOME support and very quick to help. The cost is amazing!!! The tool is easy to deploy and very easy to maintain. I would recommend this to anyone!!!

Pros

This software is easy to setup and very cost effective for my client who is a non profit! Cost is perfect and the tool is amazing!!! End to End ILM.

Cons

when looking to remote into a machine... you have to find the logged on user in a subsection of the tool. Being able to see this with the name of the computer would be PERFECT.

We cannot thank you enough for the kind words, Rod! Happy to be a long-term vendor and partner of yours! We are delighted to hear that Action1 RMM helped you succeed in your business while saving you time and money. And we agree that displaying the most recently logged-on user more straightforwardly could simplify user assistance. This feature will actually come with the next product release. Looking forward to many years of successful cooperation!

CM

Chris M.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Great service for patching and asset tracking

Pros

The software updating feature is great and easy to use. It's easy to see what updates are needed and to approve and schedule them to run.

Cons

It's sometimes difficult to find the report you are looking for in the reporting section. Some of them have names that don't really explain what info is on the report. For example, to get a list of computer serial numbers you have to run the Motherboards report.

Thank you so much for your kind words, Chris. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Action1 RMM, and we are happy that you like our features such as patching and asset tracking! Regarding your comment about difficulties in searching for the reports have you tried our search box? For example, if you type "serial number" into the Search box on the right top corner of the screen and run the search, it will show you the list of the most relevant reports. Plus, if you click on the reports folder, you'll see the list of reports, including the description of each one. If it does not help, feel free to reach out to our support team at any time, and they will be happy to help you! Thanks again!

MP

Mehul P.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Action1 patching solution

It works but also, it needs monitoring to make sure updates are installed as intended.

Pros

Ease of use. Functionality. Patching non-Microsoft software.

Cons

Support. remote software deployment. Update installation sometimes doesn't work. and you have no ways to identify issue.