Authorize.Net Logo

Authorize.Net

Credit card processing for small & medium business merchants

Authorize.Net Reviews

4.4

How would you rate Authorize.Net?

Pros

One of its best features is how well it integrates with other systems. It's been an industry standard for years and is a safe bet when your payment processor needs to play nice with other programs.

Authorize.net is very user friendly and easy to use. The search functionality is superb, and allows use to locate transactions with ease.

RB

Rebecca B.

It's quick, amazingly reliable, and super easy to use. I appreciate the time value of this software and love how quickly I can collect card information.

Cons

My clients couldn't even ask for a refund. All they could do was dispute the charges that were on hold and if they did that it would hurt my account and my credit.

Jay M.

And I'm not only referencing the issue I had with the transaction limit (where I was obviously frustrated), I have had several communications and about half were less than friendly/helpful.

I would never use Authorize.net again. Any client that I have that uses Authorize.net, I refuse to work with.

JM

Jordan M.

Simple payment gateway

Transcript

Danielle T.: I'm Danielle. I'm a customer experience expert. I give Authorize.Net a four out of five....

They are always willing to help. I’ve been using them for 3+ years and only had an issue once

Pros

It allows you to find transactions quickly. Love that you can keep track of declined transactions

Cons

I wish you could search for settled/unsettled transactions at the same time when searching with a card number

Good Product - Solid

The days of waiting for a modem to connect and bring back the results in 30 seconds are gone. If you have an internet connection, you can authorize credit cards.

Pros

This software is always up, ready and waiting. We have never had an issue with down time, and the response is almost immediate.

Cons

We had an issue where the bank and Authorize.net had an issue, and we were the middle man. I dont feel like they proactively tried to help and fix the issue our bank was having.

Having Authorize.net in our business is a like having your own bank !

Authorize.net is reallyeasy to useand makes payment processing a breeze!

Pros

You can accept any card payments which gives ease of payment and receipt, processing sales is never easier!

Cons

As a business you wanna cut down costs and though their rates are fair, youre expecting more options to cut down costs.

Reliable gateway to processing payments

Pros

Works with most merchant processors. Offers both credit cards processing, as well as ACH (eCheck) payments processing. Variety of reports available.

Cons

Sometimes Authorize.net is down, this is rare, but when it happens you can't process your payments. They usually try to fix it fast.

Authorize.net keeps our customer's information secure!

Pros

We use Authorize.net for the credit card processing needs of our small non-profit. Easy for us to invoice customers without needing to secure their credit card information in-house.

Cons

The invoicing feature has a 'due date' field that auto-populates to the date the invoice is sent unless manually adjusted. It then sends a 'past due' message if it's not paid that day. It would be nice to have that automatically date for a month out.

Secure Credit Card Processor!

Pros

Processing credit card payments with Authorize.Net gives our customer's the piece of mind they need. Information is kept secure and ultimately protect us from fraudulent charges.

Cons

It's pricey, from set up, monthly as well as per transaction percentage.

Excellent payment gateway system!

Pros

We simply love the ease of use that Authorize.net provides as well as the consistent support and reliability. It has hardly ever given us any issue.

Cons

The reporting tools are sometimes difficulty or cumbersome to use but they have evolved over the years.

Very Efficient and User Friendly

It is seamless.

Pros

Cons

I have had no problems using this software at all. There is nothing I can say that I have had problems with.

Efficient and User Friendly

Very user friendly and efficient. Instant gratification when searching for transactions or processing new ones.

Pros

As someone who works with people all over the nation it's nice to be able to search for transactions via the software if a charge comes up that is in question. I also love that you can send the client a receipt or transcript showing details of the charge.

Cons

I haven't encounter anything negative about the software. At first, when I went to search for a transaction, I didn't realize the Settled vs. Unsettled options so sometimes nothing would come up. Once I knew I had different options it was a piece of cake.

We are trying to switch to a new platform, but Authorize.Net is making the transition difficult.

Pros

The settlement reports are quite clear and user friendly. The processing is smooth, and the system rarely has issues. We also like the email receipts that can be automatically emailed.

Cons

The few times I have contacted the support team they have not been helpful, nor friendly. The options for customizing receipts and the overall look is lacking. The credit card fees are also a bit high in comparison to similar software.

EASIEST AND SIMPLE

Overall very pleasant. Easy for clients to use and for us as the team to use.

Pros

Easy for clients to use and for us as the team to use.

Cons

Have to have a second place to login vs it being integrated into our system. Just preference though.

very detailed

It is really helpful for what we need it for. We can look at all transactions with ease.

Pros

Authorize.net really covers payment processing from start to finish. I use it in my summer job and although I don't really have to use it that often, I do check it with my supervisor if we find errors while inputting the data that we need to correct and this really helps us find those errors rather quickly.

Cons

The look of the website is a bit daunting. It's very technical so I suggest only using it if you are ready to sit at a computer looking at very boring screens. Maybe Authorize.net can make their software more clean, modern, and simple.

Authorize.net is one of the easier merchants I've been able to integrate into my eCommerce Business!

Pros

The fact that it is compatible with WordPress makes my life a lot easier. The per transaction fees are very competitive as well.

Cons

Monthly fees are always a con. It would be great to have fees strictly calculated based upon volume of sales.

Great for a mobile business with multiple service vehicles in the field

East of use! Technicians can run credit cards in the field directly from their cell phones! Payments are process quickly!!

Pros

This program is so simple and easy for my technicians to use in the field to get direct payment - and allows us to have minimal accounts receivables!

Cons

Doesn't work when there is not cell phone coverage. We also have to change the passwords quarterly - and the system does not give us any warning on this.

Authorize.net

It's been good. Very stable and it integrates with our donor software.

Pros

Easy to use, prices/fees are reasonable. Customer service is good, I've used the online chat and they have been quick to reply and you don't end up waiting in a cue forever.

Cons

The mobile app isn't awfully user friendly to use although some of that might be that our ipad is older and sometimes its been glitchy

No frills, easy to use payment gateway

Pros

We like that the integration, management, and overall quality of the software is great!

Cons

I don't care for the password reset functionality, but customer service is helpful if you ever find yourself in a bind.

Authorize.net

Pros

We are not a huge card processor so this software fits us well and is compatible with our internal processing software.

Cons

somewhat convoluted when trying to process credit cards. Not very self-explanatory.

A great payment processor with capable support

Authorize.net is one of my preferences when making a recommendation to merchants.

Pros

The solution can do almost anything for your payment needs.

Cons

I would like a more fully baked B2B option for Invoices.

Authorize Net

Authorize.Net is the best credit card software I have found.

Pros

This software is so easy to use. I love that it can store credit cards or I can store them on my own depending on what you want. I love the reports.

Cons

I do not like that when you need to refund somebody you have to enter a transaction number it is a pain to go back and see the number.

Easy to subscribe and recurrent payments

Pros

The very best thing I like about utilizing Authorized.net is the capability to develop repeating billings for the deals. makes it more distinct as well as the users like this function as they do not have to provide their card information whenever when the renewal occurs.

Cons

We can create the deal reports just for approximately 3 months, if we require the deal information for the last 1 year then we have to create the information every quarter and after that combine it to one file.

Use Daily

Very please. The company has been using for over 10 years.

Pros

You can charge credit cards safe and securely.

Cons

It is sometimes difficult to find charges if you do not have the last 4 of card.

Easy for collecting payments!

We use Authorize.net as the primary way of collecting payments for anyone that is purchasing merchandise from our online store. Our organization uses Authorize.net for more than just our online store, so it’s nice having most payments come in via the same means.

Pros

Easy way to collect payment from our online store.

Cons

Don’t really have anything bad to say. Last time a fraud order came in, we tried refunding via authorize.net and it didn’t go through initially while refunding from the backend of our store. Then went in directly to authorize.net and we were able to successfully refund.

Authorize.net is a valuable tool for the small business owner

My overall experience with Auth.net has been very positive. I would recommend this software to anyone starting a business for an excellent payment gateway.

Pros

Easy to use and navigate on their webpage. Reports are easy to use Customer support is very helpful Very easy to navigate refunds and finding certain transactions Very secure for my clients

Cons

At times this was difficult to understand some of the transactions in the log. It is difficult to say any hard cons about this software. It has been a very valuable tool for our business

authorize my charge

Pros

Great features and easy to integrate with your software. Back end administration is straight forward

Cons

Not much to say about this. Software is pretty good.

I use Authorize.Net in my daily job to process credit card transactions.

Pros

I like that it is so easy to edit an existing subscription. It is also easy to search any recent transactions.

Cons

I don't like that the "back" button doesn't really work here. Like if I don't search the right thing at first I have to go back to the search screen instead of the results screen. If that makes sense.