authorize.net Logo

We help make it easy to get paid. It’s that simple.

authorize.net Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.35/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

stripe
helcim

One of its best features is how well it integrates with other systems. It's been an industry standard for years and is a safe bet when your payment processor needs to play nice with other programs.
Authorize.net is very user friendly and easy to use. The search functionality is superb, and allows use to locate transactions with ease.
It's quick, amazingly reliable, and super easy to use. I appreciate the time value of this software and love how quickly I can collect card information.
My clients couldn't even ask for a refund. All they could do was dispute the charges that were on hold and if they did that it would hurt my account and my credit.
And I'm not only referencing the issue I had with the transaction limit (where I was obviously frustrated), I have had several communications and about half were less than friendly/helpful.
I would never use Authorize.net again. Any client that I have that uses Authorize.net, I refuse to work with.

Brittany C.

Director of Account Management and Client Success

Easy to use and safe!

Transcript

Brittany: My name is Brittany. I am the director of client success. I give authorize.net five out of...

Danielle T.

Marketing Director

Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees

Simple payment gateway

Transcript

Danielle T.: I'm Danielle. I'm a customer experience expert. I give Authorize.Net a four out of five....

Keyana K.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Gets the job done with hardly any issues ever.

Pros

Authorize.net is our payment gateway, as we are a company that runs several credit card transactions daily. The fees are minimal, the customer service has always been great (even if, at times, the reasons I had to call we're not so great), and the website is about the simplest one I've ever used, considering all of the information it processes. We don't use any POS devices, just the website, but that's still MORE than enough for us.

Cons

I wish it was easier to edit ARB subscriptions; for example, if I want to simply change the date that a customer's auto-charge runs, I have to actually delete the whole thing, and create a new one to reflect the date change. That's pretty annoying, but for a website that hasn't really changed much in the 12 years since I first began using it, I can only expect so much at this point.

Brian W.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Very Useful CC Gateway

Authorize.net is really a payment gateway for your site or business. We have utilized the mobile application for 1 off transactions and have been pleased with how it works. It is not made to be your whole inventory tracker in the least bit, but it does its job for the occasional transaction. We have been using the gateway on our sites for years. We have used Magento, and WooCommerce and now Shopify for our site. We did have some issues with WooCommerce and finding plugins for the payment gateway that worked for all we needed it to. That being said, for the majority of the time it has worked. Thank you

Pros

It really has never failed us when utilizing the application to run transactions on the go. It has worked for us for years.

Cons

Integrations with WooCommerce has proven difficult at times. We have utilized the official plugin for some time, but that has recently started to have problems for us. We ended up switching to a new backend for our site. We'll probably still be utilizing Authorize.net though.

EJ

Elyse J.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Not an easy or fun experience

Pros

This is a widely used and accepted software. Lots of clients and their purchasing power makes their rates competitive.

Cons

User experience is terrible and disjointed. Impossible to look at your account holistically. Customer service was dreadful and not at all helpful. Outages were plentiful as were timeouts and errors.

Kenneth M.

Military, 11-50 employees

AUTHORIZE FOR NON PROFIT DONATION MANAGEMENT/PROCESSING

Customer service and adaptability of the system with our CRM has been very positive for us. When we adopted our new CRM system along with the the hosted website managed by the same CRM system, we were not sure how everything would integrate, but our donation links and sponsorship links that take contributors directly to Authorize for processing have never let us down.

Pros

Authorize integrated flawlessly with our CRM system. It was one of several options for donor management and processing that was compatable with our CRM. We researched each available system and Authorize was both suggested by a fellow non profit as well as seemed to meet our requirements.

Cons

Transaction charges seem to be the biggest issue that we have. There are industry averages for processing various cards, and Authorize is on par with other systems. It is unfortunate that Authorize does not offer a non-profit processing rate or possibly a flat rate that is well below what would be offered to a for profit organization.

VK

Valerie K.

Hospitality, self-employed

less expensive versions

it is okay, but possibly will be looking for less expensive options that might be mobile

Pros

very nice staff, always helpful when I need it.

Cons

small businesses need less expensive options, I do not have a credit card option to scan out in the common room, just my computer. The hand held unit that I was given years ago, never worked and [sensitive content hidden] never tried another option.

Jessica L.

Medical Devices, 1-10 employees

Authorize.net - Easy to Use

Pros

Authorize.net is extremely easy to use. I'll be honest - I probably don't use it to the full extent of the software. I generally do 3 things. 1. charge a credit card. 2. Look at our daily reports and 3. Use the transaction search. From time to time, I may look at unsettled transactions and change a setting but that is about it. You don't need to be tech savvy to understand the platform. It is easy, convenient and worry-free.

Cons

Honestly, nothing. I've been using it for over 11 years with ease.

Bryan M.

Design,

The payment gateway we've preferred for ecommerce development projects

Reliable and trusted payment processing

Pros

Authorize.net is the standard in payment processing. For a complex and established ecommerce website, Authorize.net will offer the features needed and provides a trusted payment solution. Processing fees will be lower than competition like Stripe which larger volume businesses will benefit from.

Cons

The interface, lack of reporting, and complexity in setup is an issue for us in 2018 when options like Stripe can be setup and running in a few hours vs days with Authorize.net

Dave A.

Information Services, 1-10 employees

My go to payment processor

Overall, highly recommended. We've never had any serious issues with Authorize.Net's service.

Pros

We have been using Authorize.Net for years on our customer eCommerce sites. Setup is easy and payments are secure.

Cons

If a problem arises, our customers normally contact Authorize directly by phone. They won't usually respond to me directly since I am not the account holder. As the IT contact for our customers, it would be nice to more easily be able to contact Authorize without having to go through the customer for technical issues.

Brandie A.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Integrates well with Wordpress site

Pros

Authorize.net is fairly simple to set up, customize, and connect with other software. Giving customers the option to pay invoices online saves me a ton of time.

Cons

Of course, there are fees to use any payment processor like this. I feel like the fees can be a little high, but it is what it is.

BB

Bradley B.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Great compliance tool for pro users...

Pros

Ease of setup and integration with existing web platforms.

Cons

Customer support was a tad lacking. Took far too long to get answers to generic questions.

SW

Sara W.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

Authorize.net easy to navigate and great support

Authorize.net is always there in the background of every credit card transaction whether online or in person, but you never notice it because it integrates so seamlessly with all my other programs

Pros

Authorize.net is very easy to navigate as an admin, you can set up parameters and change company info on your own without support, but if you do need support, the support team is easy to contact and very helpful. Also the reporting is easy and comprehensive.

Cons

The set up with my bank was a bit cumbersome, perhaps because we have a Hawaii bank? The time difference between where authorize.net is located and Hawaii caused a couple of reconciliation problems until I realized that some of yesterdays transactions are on todays reports, once I figured that out the reporting was a breeze.

JR

Jamie R.

Authorize.net!

Pros

The greatest thing about Authorize.net is that their merchant portal is so easy to navigate. If we need to void, issue refunds, or manually authorize a card-- it's so easy to do and find on the left-hand side of the website. If there is something we're not able to quickly do, their FAQ/help page/customer support is great. Receipts/confirmations are automatically sent to the internal contacts that we've chosen--there's even an option to send the receipts directly to the customer. This program is incorporated into our other main software (ShopVox) and works seamlessly.

Cons

There isn't anything that I dislike about this software.

A wonderful way to process payments

Pros

This software makes it so easy to process payments. It was very easy for us to build the bridge between our main software and authorize.net to process all payments through them. The website requires no training and doesn't have a million options of choices to pick from like some do- everything is very self explanatory! Their customer service is great and gets back to you quickly.

Cons

I don't have many complaints about Authorize.net except the reports. They are very confusing and it is hard to know which report you are supposed to be using and when. They don't provide a great description of each report.

Danielle T.

Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees

Simple payment gateway

We use authorize.net for subscriptions, not our regular eccommerce transaction. It's worth the cost if you have enough transaction volume.

Pros

Deposits are quick enough and usually only take a couple of days. Works well if you need to accept electronic checks.

Cons

Customer service is basically nonexistent. You're better off searching online forums for troubleshooting issues. Account specific resolutions take a ton of time.

TW

Tiffany W.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Simple, easy, effective

Overall, Its an okay software. If you are looking for the most basic cost-effective system then Authorize.net is great. If you are looking for some bells and whistles with more options of what you can do, I would suggest something else.

Pros

The fees are much smaller compared to competing software. Reports are easy to read and find.

Cons

If any refunds or evaluations need to be made for a payment, you must wait at least 24 hours for the transaction to settle before processing any type of refund. This has caused some issues with customers and would love to be able to do it on the spot. The launch of the software was a little shakey. We received multiple error codes that customer support could not help us with.

VC

Vipul C.

Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees

best way to manage eCommerce business on authorize.net

Nothing more one can ask for do ecommerce business on authorize.net platform.

Pros

reporting is the best features to check daily details of volume.

Cons

Nothing so far as most of the features used is getting the best result of data to work on for business strategies.

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Straightforward payment processing!

Pros

Authorize is really easy to use. Some payment processing platforms can be difficult and frustrating to use. When processing a payment using Authorize, you simply fill out the necessary information and you're done. If the transaction is declined, it will even tell you why, which is helpful when people want to know why their payment didn't go through.

Cons

I like pretty much everything about the software... at least the functions that I use regularly and am familiar with.

DR

Diane R.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Excellent customer service

Excellent. Whether I have a technical glitch or need an increase in a credit line, the customer service department has been great.

Pros

Ease of use. With minimal training, you are able to process credit cards and checks, check on transactions, credit back charges and run reports.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about the product. I've used it for 10+ years and any issues I've had have been immediately handled via a phone call to customer service.

PP

Paul P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Basic processor

We have used AuthorizeNet for over 20 years for our business. The product is solid and stable.

Pros

The easy to navigate menus are very intuitive and simple. You can easily find what you need quickly plus it has a QuickBooks download feature.

Cons

In the transaction statistics report there are no hyperlinks to expand the report data. This is a minor thing, you just need to go to the Reports, but it's a feature some other processors have.

MB

Martin B.

Rock Solid!

We use it every day - customer support is superior - never had any issues.

Pros

This Gateway works extremely well - you can set up recurring charges. The CC expiration date can be automatically updated.

Cons

I'd like to be able to change the next charge date on a Recurring charge. Or I'd like the ability to only do charges on a weekday...so, if the 1st falls on Sat, I'd like the charge to happen on the 3rd.

MO

Mia O.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Authorize.Net helps me to track our income through online bookings. It summarizes each transaction in a trackable way and helps me transfer them over to Quickbooks.

Pros

I don't feel like I use Authorize.Net to its fullest. My primary use falls under the reports, but I appreciate the ease of use.

Cons

The biggest con is probably feeling like I am under utilizing the software.

HM

Heather M.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Authorize.Net

Great experience over all. It has run smoothly for us for years.

Pros

Easy awesome way to have your payments run through your merchant account. We have ours integrated with a billing system and it run's smoothly with virtually zero problems.

Cons

There is not a printable format for the eCheck monthly statement so that makes it cumbersome to enter the fees.

RB

Rebecca B.

Fund-Raising, 10,001+ employees

Wonderful Product

Very good experience and a very good product. Very rarely any issues whatsoever.

Pros

Ease of use and the capabilities it has. Nice easy sign on, very ease and useful search options.

Cons

I feel like the only issue I have is sometimes trying to look up a transaction by the cardholders last name causes confusion. Especially if they use a Jr. or a Sr. Other than that, no problems.

KS

K.C. S.

Get's the Job Done

Pros

I have used Authorize.Net for about 2 years now and I have rarely ran into any problems. I love the clean format and it's easy to get the job done. I would recommend this product.

Cons

The interface of Authorize.Net hasn't changed in the 2 years I've used the software. So I'd say my only request to improve the software is add some cool new features every once in a while.

JU

Joel U.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Company Focused Software!

Light University Online has been using Authorize for the last 5 years and we have been very happy with their program and focused on any customization needed for our company. The integrations that we need, reports, and user-friendly services for sales are perfect for our daily income.

Pros

Integrations for customization needed for our services.

Cons

Archive dates of transactions going back later and import of data from other software.