Lucky Orange Reviews

Lucky Orange

All-in-one conversion optimization suite for website owners

4.71/5 (58 reviews)

Pros
  • Why serve ads when people are already on the site and possibly crashing it. Heat maps are so fascinating that Lucky orange does such a great job giving you this information in real time.Tana C.Read the full review
  • I love it that I can track where users go and this helps me fix troublesome areas in the website where users are not interested in viewing.Dagmaris R.Read the full review
  • Ease of use, setting it up, dashboards are all an ease to use. The heatmaps are intuitive and recordings are always a nice feature.patrick p.Read the full review
Cons
  • The current system of the heatmap loading over the page can confused people.Kevin S. O.Read the full review
  • We had just been having a ton of problems with the shopping cart of our WooCommerce store and thought we would look for other solutions that would give us more.Brian W.Read the full review
  • The live function does not seem to always work properly, and when there's a ton of visitors it's hard to see all the videos all in the same location.courtney m.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Raad Kawar

BEST app to understand why your customers aren't converting

Reviewed 2020-04-13

Pros
I thought I had a store with fantastic user experience based on my previous shopify stores, but turns out what I learned so far doesn't apply to all stores... For example, the upsell on my cart's page doesn't show on certain devices unless the user scrolls down (and I wanted it to be visible immediately), another example has to do with older age groups (main audience for one of my stores) as they didn't realize there are more images for the product that they can see by simply swiping left or right, this made them keep on changing the variants to view the product in its other colors (it was a problem with a specific theme, so I added a swipe icon on the first image)... At first I thought their monthly price is not within my budget as I didn't need the app often, so I paid $50 for a limited lifetime deal with some other app, only to realize later on that I use it way more often than I originally thought, AND no one masters the app like Lucky Orange starting with its features, functionality, ease of use, speed, and ending with its super amazing support team. Thank you for such a great app :)

Cons
The only thing is probably have my own device(s) excluded from the recordings, not sure if that's available or not - didn't look up their help section.

Response from Lucky Orange

These are words we love to hear! Getting that front row seat to customers' online behaviors can provide invaluable insights to improving your website. Thank you for your kind review, Raad! As you continue to use Lucky Orange, I'm here to help if you have any more questions or need assistance in any way.

Cheers - Justin from Lucky Orange

P.S. You can block your own IP address from being tracked. Here's the help guide (https://help.luckyorange.com/article/30-can-i-block-my-own-ip-address-from-being-tracked-on-my-site). If you email into support@luckyorange.com, we can also take you through the steps.

Andrew Montgomery

Awesome for heatmaps, scroll and click data

Reviewed 2020-03-16

We use Lucky Orange regularly to look at a users experience on our website and to make changes to enhance the user experience and increase conversion rates. As a marketer not using a tool like Lucky Orange is providing a disservice to your marketing.

Pros
The interface to get heatmaps, scroll data, click data, form completions etc. is the best on the market from the products that I have tried which include Crazy Egg and Hotjar. With Lucky Orange you don't have to pre-setup the URL's you want to track. You can simply look at any URL on your domain and look at the data for a rolling period of time. You do have to set up some elements but overall not having to worry about setting up specific URL's is a awesome feature of the product.

Cons
Although the feature of not having to select the URL's you want to track like competitors there are some negatives to this feature. Lucky Orange price plans have rolling days and total domain page view limits. This makes it difficult to go back and look at specific windows based on your price plan because data is rolling. If you run out of page views you need to increase your plan moving forward or not have all data present to make a decision from. Other products make it easier to look at historical data for a period but you have to be diligent on what you want to track. There are pros and cons to both scenarios.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thank you for your kind review, Andrew! We love to hear that Lucky Orange has given you that front row seat to user experience to make changes that impact your bottom line. Let me know if there's anything I can do to assist you.

Danny Cheng

I like to hear the bell sound when new user visiting my website

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2020-06-24

Pros
yes, Lucky Orange is great, the system even give you sound notification when someone visit your website, this is real good when I am alone at home/office; then I know someone is reading/surfing what I create. The system also allow me to start the live view and see what the visitor reading on the page, include with their location, landing and exit page, browser type, screen resolution, did they type on the site etc... this is the details I need, so i can keep improve/update my website! Lucky Orange also screen record all the page view, so I can review on the page UI design, fix the UI problems and see what user likes on the page, this is really useful for the website too. Thanks Lucky Orange to build good product like this, Thanks

Cons
The system is real good, if you really need me to come up the least of the software will be the Chinese translation, I found some of the Chinese word is not match with the functions

Response from Lucky Orange

These are words we love to hear, Danny! Finding new ways to see what your customers are experiencing and taking the guesswork out of improving your store is invaluable. We are thrilled to be part of your business and are looking forward to continuing to work with you! Thank you for this glowing review, and please don't hesitate to reach out should you have any questions.

Michael Lawson

Lucky Orange - Use with Care

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-12-04

Pros
The software allows tracking to determine the 'hot' spots on your website. We have watched video of a visitors movements through the site to help us determine issues with our marketing presentation on specific products. As we watch some of the screen video, we can make informed decisions about what customers struggle with while navigating through the site. This is easy to implement on a WordPress website with their plugin.

Cons
Sometimes we wonder if there are some privacy issues that we should be concerned about. While Lucky Orange does a good job of masking form inputs so we can't see credit card entry, etc., we think people should be made more aware that their action on the site is being watched after they are done.

Sayam Kochar

Great value for marketeers with limited time and budget

Reviewed 2020-04-15

I was looking for a simple and affordable tech to help assist our conversion optimization goals. Honestly, I did test out its competitors like VWO and Optimizely which are certainly loaded with some great features, glorified UI and excellent support, but all that also accompanies hefty monthly subscription cost and implementation time. If your marketing goals are clear and you want the product to start getting the job done fast and efficient, Lucky orange is your value for money.

Pros
I came across Lucky Orange while browsing on the internet for tools to help assist our conversion optimization goals. I decided to give it a shot and was already impressed by how simple they made its setup and get started. Took me 10 minutes to link it up with our landing pages and another 10 to setup the dashboard. The recordings feature is great, but the quality of the live view of visitors on website is phenomenal. I love the dashboard, especially the ability to create multiple funnels and observe their performances through their daily or weekly auto-generated reports via email.

Cons
It's quite evident that UI isn't their most important focus. It's definitely trailing in the branding game of today's b2b saas products. But if one is ok to overlook the glorification of software elements, the core of the product is strong and gets the job done. It skipped tagging from some recordings from time to time, but I reached out to their support team and they immediately helped us fix it.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thanks for the review, Sayam! We're thrilled you've been able to leverage Lucky Orange to help improve your website and drive more conversions. Having your website statistics and visitor behavior in one tool helps your business make the best decisions for your customers. Thank you for this five-star review! Happy tracking!

Collin Winfrey

Great product with great customer platform

Reviewed 2020-04-15

These guys are great from platform implementation to continued customer service I am not a tech person and I can instantly tell when a tech company puts customer service before profits because they understand when I have questions it will take some additional time to answer my questions and these guys from day one have done exactly that very pleased with them.

Pros
Easy to setup and begin to use for the purpose of installing. I did not need to become an expert to utilize this software in a way that instantly added value to our web site build out.

Cons
It would be nice for a fast way to block IP address' which there may be but I have not done enough research to verify. Sometimes I notice our own IP's often which I know can be blocked but just a quick button to do so would be nice.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thanks for the review, Collin! As our founders have always said, you shouldn't need a Ph.D. in data analytics to recognize why people aren't converting. Love to hear that you've been able to get so much value and insight from Lucky Orange and use it to grow your website. We're always here to help if you need it!

Cheers - Justin from Lucky Orange

P.S. You can block your own IP address from being tracked. Here's the help documentation to guide you through the process: (https://help.luckyorange.com/article/30-can-i-block-my-own-ip-address-from-being-tracked-on-my-site). If you email support@luckyorange.com, we can also take you through the steps.

Greg Martin

Easy to use, great information

Reviewed 2020-04-28

Easily worth the money to learn who is visiting and how customers perceive your website.

Pros
Visit recordings. Provided valuable information on how customers interact with the website's content.

Cons
Chat feature could use some more customization options / features.

Response from Lucky Orange

Appreciate the review, Greg! We love hearing that you're finding our features, especially session recordings, to be useful for your website. Understanding how visitors are using your website can make a world of a difference for your customer experience, website and business. I'm here if you have any questions! Thanks for spreading the Lucky Orange love.

katie robinson

A Great Snapshot Of Our Site

Reviewed 2020-04-29

Pros
Lucky Orange's daily email updates are a great way to stay informed about traffic to our site. Their chat has allowed us to connect with consumers in real time and to provide them invaluable support and critical information, and their recordings have helped us identify performance issues on our site. Their customer service team is also incredibly responsive and helpful.

Cons
We have not experienced any significant issues while working with Lucky Orange.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thank you for this five-star review, Katie! Love to hear that you've been able to get so much value from our daily email updates, live chat and recordings. It sounds like you've been able to dive right into the insights and find ways that improve your website and customer experience. Being able to understand your customers to make improvements that clear up navigation pain points and create a better experience is extremely rewarding. Don't hesitate to reach out should I or my team be able to assist you in any way. Happy tracking!

Nikhil Goyal

Want heatmaps for your ecommerce, go for lucky orange

Reviewed 2020-04-28

It's affordable and best.

Pros
Very easy to use interface and even the funnel feature is very useful for e-commerce.

Cons
I don't see a lot of cons, but maybe adding things like angry clicks is a good idea.

Response from Lucky Orange

Glad to hear you've been able to get such use from dynamic heatmaps, conversion funnels and the rest of Lucky Orange features! We love giving our users the tools to grow their businesses and improve their websites. Thanks for your feedback and happy tracking!

Sergio San Jose

LuckyOrange allowed me to stop the guess work

Reviewed 2020-06-03

Pros
Be able to actually see the recordings from how our visitors actually interact with our content and forms.

Cons
Some bots were misleading some of the numbers in punctual situations, but I could double-check the numbers using Google Analytics.

Response from Lucky Orange

Thank you so much for your review, Sergio! We love to hear that Lucky Orange has been able to make a difference in the growth of your website and business. Discovering how your customers interact with your website content and forms can help you make effective updates that ultimately increase conversions. Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of service in any way.

Shayne Holloway

A range of useful optimization tools to help understand your customers better!

Reviewed 2019-04-23

After using HotJar from the beginning of time, I recently stumbled upon LuckyOrange and helped my organization implement its' use immediately. I enjoy learning and recording how our users interact with our website. LuckyOrange has opened my eyes to so many things that I didn't know about. In my opinion, LuckyOrange is the best tool out there for Quantitive research.

Pros
1) Set-up & Website Impact: LuckyOrange takes less than 10 minutes to set up and the best part is - It doesn't affect the speed of my site at all! I try my best to keep my site's loading speed under 3 seconds (for various reasons), so this is one of the many reasons why I choose to use LuckyOrange. 2) RealTime Tracking: LuckyOrange lets you see who's on your website and through which channel they found you. 3) Session Recordings: LuckyOrange makes recordings of your visitors' sessions. These recordings will provide you with a detailed playback of how people use and interact with your website. This feature helps me spot all aspects that are killing my conversions. 4) Data Interpretation: The analytical data and statistical reports that LuckOrange gives you is easy to understand and study. 5) Integrations: LuckyOrange seamlessly integrates with HubSpot and places the recordings directly on their respective contact timelines. 6) Identifying Abandonment: Conversion Funnels help you study the flow of your user navigation, ultimately helping you identify and solve abandonment issues. 7) Form Optimization: Form Analytics help you zero in on which part of your forms need to be optimized. 8) Chat Option: I already have a different chat client that I am currently using. However, for people who don't, LuckOrange gives you the ability to speak directly to your client in order to guide them through the conversion process, if necessary.

Cons
1) Redundant or Unnecessary Recordings: It would be nice if LuckOrange can allow you to delete unnecessary recordings. 2) New Tabs: It would be more convenient if new recordings open in a new tab.

Brian Whiting

Lucky Orange - what we didn't know we were missing

Reviewed 2019-03-22

We had been using a free customer chat experience that allowed us to see what page the customer was on without being able to see what they were doing live. We had just been having a ton of problems with the shopping cart of our WooCommerce store and thought we would look for other solutions that would give us more. That is where Lucky Orange entered the picture. From day 1, we knew this was helping us out. The ability to get a live view of what the customers were seeing enabled us to start fixing the problems we were having right away. We got to a point where we could have an audible notification of someone adding something to the cart, go in and check if it was working, and if not fix it before the customer even knew they were having a problem. Furthermore, the chat function is a lot more available and present than what we had been having before so we are getting many more chats than previously. This all helps our conversion rate which has improved greatly. Thank you

Pros
To be honest we didn't know what we were missing. We had been using a different customer chat solution in the past (which was free) but didn't give us much more information than that. The ability that this has to allow us to see what is actually going on has enabled us to provide much better technical support. In addition, we have been able to see what is going on and fix it before even the customer knows something was even going on. The Dashboard feature is a great way to get a quick overview of how the day is going as well.

Cons
I wish there was a bit more to it. Don't we all wish we had more. I just took over the social media accounts at work and was thinking that more dashboards with more social media capabilities would be nice. Although this is not the only reason to have the software, it would be nice to have in addition to how it is already saving us.

Kevin S. Orbach

User friendly heatmap application

Reviewed 2019-01-09

I make a lot of landing pages with subtle differences. Lucky Orange clearly indicates which elements attract clicks and how, and I can also watch recording of site visitors within the app. Extremely useful for testing content.

Pros
I had been aware of Lucky Orange and its purpose for some time before deciding to purchase it for our Shopify store. Heatmaps can easily be considered an essential piece of tracking software for an e-commerce site, and Lucky Orange does it well. Their analytics are mostly redundant because of Google Analytics, but for their speciality, LO is great. It visualizes visitor data into something to be interpreted and acted upon.

Cons
The current system of the heatmap loading over the page can confused people. Also, the heatmap is the big kahuna of Lucky Orange so don't hide it as some random tab! Some assume the app failed. Perhaps a more prominent indication of where the heatmap will go.

Anonymous

User usage recordings are the best

Reviewed 2019-11-16

Pros
You can see what the users did on your landing or webpage or web app, just like a video. You see where it clicked and notice any strange behavior that could be improved on your side to avoid it.

Cons
The time it stores your data... with the small plan you get a month, you can add additional months incresing the price of the plan. Also, all the plans have the same features (all), there are no smaller plans with less features (I just use the recordings and the basic analytics, but it has chat popups, heatmaps, survey popups)

Lee Binz

Lucky Orange has transformed our business! Great product - Great customer service!

Reviewed 2018-07-27

Pros
We love the chat feature and the analytics/recordings that enable us to troubleshoot issues quickly. For example, the recordings help us to resolve 404 errors in real time on the site. The polling has provided additional interaction and learning with our customers. The insights that are gained from the heat maps, combined with the recordings are priceless

Cons
I would like more flexibility in the polling, especially to be able to EXCLUDE polls on specific pages and not just add certain pages. I would like to get the names of visitors if they are already registered in our system but there isn't yet a good way to do this with Infusionsoft. We are looking forward to that addition.

Marian Popescu

It was just eye opening, we found out where our advertising money went

Reviewed 2018-07-06

Pros
A very big improvement for analyics software, you can see your website through visitors eyes, and control what they should see. A great tool for understanting where your advertising money go, and you can learn so much more from UX design to targeting ppc or social media, every channel matters, every improvement moves the bottom line from red to green.

Cons
The free trial was great, if I am not mistaken one free month. Sometimes the live function does not work properly, that being said I did work more with recordings.

James Finley

On of the best softwares for website improvement

Reviewed 2018-07-14

Pros
It is one of the best softwares for website improvement, you can use it for funnels and recordings and for UX design. In order tosee your sinkholes where your customers alrea leaving your checkout process.

Cons
The recordings may need improvement, depending on the device the user uses, the mobile it shows the desktop version of the site, but not always.

Yuri Kepler

New way to see how customers interact with my company's website

Reviewed 2018-08-28

Pros
Until I knew this tool, I had no idea that there was something similar. Lucky Orange allowed a more careful analysis of my company's website, we began to analyze the days of major visits, heatmaps and frequency of visits, to determine the best moments to publish some sales.

Cons
At first we had difficulty to understand that we would need to disable the IP's of the internal PC's of the University, not to have "false numbers". This caused some confusion, but nothing that would hinder the use of the tool.

Maria Clara

Great tool to track daily traffic to my site

Reviewed 2019-08-13

Pros
One of my favorite things about Lucky Orange is the fact that early in the morning, I get a report on the number of visits my site had the day before.

Cons
Sometimes I can't see a visitor's screen in real time. This functionality is important for understanding if some products are good visibility and attracting people's attention.

Marie Stones

Great for Customer Support and Tracking

Reviewed 2018-08-14

Love - we've used it for our website for years. It was easy to set up and train team members to use.

Pros
I love the ability to connect our customers questions with a visual off their experience shopping on our website.

Cons
Interface is still a little bit dated and sometimes the admin area can be a little slow.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Patrick McMullen

Solid heat-mapping and analytics tool

Reviewed 2019-05-20

We have used the heat maps and recordings to redesign and prove out numerous page and entire website redesigns. Lucky Orange provides the factual backing to make decisions about user experience, and to verify that positive change has resulted.

Pros
Hands down, the heat-mapping and recordings. They are integral parts of our user experience efforts to see how users are interacting with various pages on our websites and other digital tools. The heat maps are great for a high level glance, and the recordings let you literally watch what specific users were doing.

Cons
The analytics are basically the same as what you will see on Google Analytics. There's just not much added value to sway you away from using Google's reporting, but there still a good bit here to keep you from absolutely having to login to both tools in many cases.

Akshay Arora

Track Visitors to Site with Accuracy

Reviewed 2018-09-13

I had to test a lot of softwares before I finally landed upon Lucky Orange, and it delivered everything I asked for. Using the real time statistics, I was able to revise the landing page and generate more leads( an increase of 45%).

Pros
1. Lets you track website visitors as per the region/device etc 2. The best feature of the Lucky Orange is that it records user sessions to help the marketing team understand what feature etc needs to be present where. 3. Similar to the second point, dynamic heatmaps provide data on the user movement on the screen(lets you design the webpage accordingly, A/B test CTA buttons) and so on 4. Keep tracks of conversion funnel and other metrics in real time

Cons
1. Because I had read up on the product long back and knew what I was looking for, it wasn't complicated for me. However, the website could use a bit of redesign to give it a more relaxed appeal. 2. Dashboard needs a little tweaking from UI/UX perspective

dan washington

hands down the best CRO software!!!

Reviewed 2016-11-09

I have used Lucky Orange for 2+ years and i could not recommend them enough. All the tools are so helpful. I use the Visitor Recordings and Heatmaps the most. I tried other companies, but their product worked the best out of the box, and support was great to work with too. give them a try -- you wont regret it!

Pros
The dynamic heatmaps, Visitor recordings and chat

Cons
so far- it has been great. wish i had more time to use it in the day

Tapesh bhargava

Website Recording and Analyse user behaviour

Reviewed 2019-06-01

Pros
Their video recording tool is the best one as we can easily analyse user behaviour

Cons
Some of the recording this tool not able to record , don't know but if 100 users will come to my website then it shows only 87 recordings

Anonymous

Orange you glad you use heatmaps (and more)

Reviewed 2019-12-10

I have loved this software and am considering adding it to all of our organization's websites for the upcoming year. It is reasonably priced and you get so much out of it for both web and marketing strategies. It had helped build a much richer story beyond our Google Analytics dashboards!

Pros
I love pretty much everything about Lucky Orange from the heatmaps to the Hubspot integration. We have used it briefly to see how it might help us with content strategy and correcting some website navigation issues, however, the marketing potential with this tool is pretty great. We are considering how this can help us reach and connect with our visitors.

Cons
It feels invasive (on behalf of the visitor) at first. There's a lot revealed in watching users in real-time. The information we've learned has been crucial to fixing our website though. A strong and transparent privacy policy is a must with this product.