PayPal Logo

PayPal

Comprehensive solution to serve your business needs.

PayPal Reviews

4.7

25K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.9/10

Reviews by rating

What I like the most about paypal is, it is easy to use in paying and most of all paypal giving a gift reward in every users.
The Paypal program is very wonderful. The ease in depositing and withdrawing is very distinguished.
Love the ease of use and the ease of implementation/integration within other websites and platforms to capture payment.
However, people also get blocked by PayPal without any warning and they can freeze and hold the money from that account that makes annoying things to the user.
Also, I do worry about storing my bank account information for a service like PayPal. They might be insured against fraud, but I still worry sometimes that my account information will be stolen.
This becomes a problem when you need money quickly. IPN and PayPal API are unstable, often messing up transactions, especially if they involve limited items and need verification as soon as possible.

25,067 reviews

CH

Cassidy H.

Artist

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

PayPal Review

Transcript

Cassidy H.: Hey, what's going on? I'm Cassidy, I'm an artist. I give PayPal a five out of five stars....

Justin R.

Sales Consultant

Construction, 51-200 employees

PayPal is the proven favorite

Transcript

Justin: Hi, my name's Justin. I work at a church. I'm a pastor, and I'm reviewing PayPal. I'd give it...

Jake H.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

A User-Friendly Invoicing System and Accounting System

Great so far. I don't see us switching to any other invoicing platform anytime soon.

Pros

The thing that led us over to PayPal was how easily integrated it was with other platforms as well as how familiar everyone already is with it. The pricing is competitive per transaction and it easily allows for international invoicing and payment. It also made it really easy for our accountant to understand the layout of it.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like at first was that I typically associate PayPal with a cash app between non-professional relationships. After seeing their invoicing system, I was immediately impressed.

Roldan A.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

PayPal Never Change All These Years - Still Way Too Complicated To Use!

50-50. I mean, PayPal is very promising. If not only for there bad UX or bad user experience design. They really need to brush this thing up.

Pros

- Well, PayPal is an institution when it comes to online Payment System. So, I like it that they are there giving me options when all other options fail.- I was able to use PayPal personally and in business without much issue about security and othe disputes.- I was able to use it with my Website Projects, when clients needs a quick payment integration without much fuss on the buying side of things

Cons

- PayPal is still way too complicated to integrate with WordPress. There are times that you just need to enter email and password, and it gets integrated. Sometimes, it takes you a day or two to be able to do it.- Still not user friendly. Deskop and Mobile version needs UX Design revamp. The conversion between currencies in your account still confusing. Sometimes you fund appears as US Dollar, sometimes...

at

arya t.

Design, self-employed

Paypal is a very good payment gateway if you want to send money from outside.

Whatever experience I have in this till now is very good, I would like that if any of you want to ask for money from outside, then you can do it through this.

Pros

Paypal is a very good payment gateway, I knew about it for a long time but I have been using it continuously for 2 years.

Cons

I like the function of payment details in it, it gives full details as per your wish.

DW

Dredia W.

Human Resources, self-employed

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Scamed by pay pal

Horrible

Pros

Nothing. Cant contact. Sends horrible response to not refund due to non received product. Make you wait

Cons

No good response and customer is not respected

CS

Candace S.

Fishery, 1-10 employees

Best banking

Pros

I love how you can send money to someone if they have paypal or not for FREE.

Cons

But they do charge highly on sending money on xoom. Need to come down on that.

CH

Cassandra H.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Easy and Fast - Great for my business and personal needs

My overall experience has been great for my business and personal needs.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use paypal. It makes payment processing for my company very easy, user friendly, and fast.

Cons

There are really no cons that I have found with PayPal.

PF

Peter F.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, self-employed

Paypal - an essential product for online payments

very satisfied user as a lot of customers use Paypal with other business they trade with

Pros

Very easy to use Well known ad trusted so customers are confident to pay

Cons

i have not found anything i don't like yet

JW

John W.

Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees

Great app and very speedy

Pros

The speedy process of payments is definetly what I like most

Cons

The least I like about PayPal would be the layout as I believe it could be better

TA

Tayeb A.

Design, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great payment Gateway

PayPal remains a solid payment gateway, there are others available such a as Stripe or Wise but PayPal has always been the first option I consider for business and personal use.

Pros

- Secure payment method - Fast payment processing - Usually more trusted as a payment method as it is well known compared to others.

Cons

- They take a percentage of your money and the amount can reach hundreds of you transfer thousands. - Verification can be triggered sometimes randomly if you use a VPN and it can delay the payment processing.

KF

Krystal F.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Easy to Use

Pros

I love that it's easy to use and transfers balance quickly.

Cons

There isn't anything I dislike about it.

Andrew B.

Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees

PayPal cuz ya gotta...

PayPal is always going to be a mover-and-shaker in the internet finance sector and if you're just sending money to your friends and family or stacking a few bucks to pay for stuff online PayPal is a good option. For me doing business with PayPal has been easy but If you're a medium-to-large sized company maybe you should look for a business account elsewhere.

Pros

PayPal is one of those things ya almost gotta have. All these new digital credit cards coming out that mask your numbers is old newus as far as PayPal is concerned. They pioneered not only digital currency but gave us a format on how-to buy things online. These new marketplaces (letgos, offerups, Facebook marketplace) really owe PayPal a debt of gratitude of for making us comfortable to purchase online. In addition to the privacy PayPal offers they also make it easy for you to send and receive money especially to your friends and they don't charge you anything. You can get a free cash card which is cool and you can also use card to accept payment for your small business.

Cons

PayPal does require a lot of background if you were to open up an account and get a cash card. They do close people down for practically nothing and they will freeze assets for an undetermined amount of time if anything is questioned. Also there so in bed with eBay that if eBay doesn't like something about you or your account they can freeze assets as well. They have a pretty weak offers category where you can get some discounts but they're not all that great and neither is there discount on shipping. And why don't they have their own check cashing division being so big, why use Ingo?

Jayson M.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

the in and outs of paypal

The overall money saved and speed if PayPal's services are a more then welcome addition to any buisness . With so many solutions for sending and receiving money for goods and services PayPal is an overall very cleverly designed software and would recommend it to anybody.

Pros

the ability to make customizable invoices for pretty much anything is an amazing feature. yiu are ability set payment dates and reminders for your customers, comes in handy when yiu have many streams if revenue and sources. organization us key to success. You can also accept payments or make refunds in many different currencies and do this on your mobile,home or at the office with no process time. furthermore if you dont know they also have a money order service that allows you to send money any where in the world at very little cost. switching from the old services i was using for the restaurant to do all of this has saved $10k+ every year, cant get much better then that.

Cons

The ability to run a line if credit would be something that would improve overall value of PayPal's service. I would like to see some kind if reward system put in place for individual and buisness clients for frequent use, also the ability to use Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies would be a good addition as as the days go one more and more people use them for there everyday spending/saving and investing opportunities.

FS

Francisco S.

Design, 1-10 employees

The payment method that sells best

We are using Paypal since at least 10 years in many projects, and always it's a win-win combination due to his reliability, as a customer and as a buyer

Pros

We have several payment methods in our website, but PayPal is, with a great difference the preferred by our all customers. Even myself prefer this in my personal bougths. It gives a great security perception to the final customer because there is no need to give your credit card data. Recently it has launched a new prestashop checkout module which integrates even a lot of new possibilities to local providers, this, helps a lot again the security perception to the customer Also the security policies to the buyer, also give them an additional security layer with free returns, claims center...

Cons

The only one cons I can find to PayPal is his fees. It's more expensive to any other payment method. They're the best and get this advantage is his own profit

Avash K.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

One of the Best Platforms for Online Payment

I love PayPal. Using it is as easy as browsing the internet. I can receive and request payment from clients all over the world in few minutes as it is accepted in almost all country. It's also easy to track incomes and financial activities. PayPal has made my professional life a lot easier.

Pros

As a part-time freelancer, I have clients from many countries and I use PayPal most of the time to receive money. With PayPal, I can receive money, request money from clients and send invoices instantly to clients and all at a very low cost. I also feel that my information is secure on PayPal as they are a bit ahead in Information Security than other similar platforms. It is also easy to shop online using PayPal as it is accepted in almost all major platforms. Paypal has great and minimal User Interface, so it's very intuitive to use it. The feature I like most is that we can create a PayPal.me payment URL and also embed it in websites. I also like that we can create a pool and then pay in a team.

Cons

Sometimes they lock your account for unknown reasons and it can be frustrating but those things are necessary to keep scammers and fraud out of PayPal so they aren't big deal. However, I have experienced bad errors a few time during checkout. I don't know why it happens but has happened multiple times to me.

RF

Ritchie F.

Entertainment, self-employed

The Perfect Tool for Reimbursements

I have used PayPal for more than a decade and it is my favorite money sharing application. It is a key part of my production tool kit.

Pros

The most impressive feature of PayPal is the ease to send money at no fee and how widespread it is used. In film and television production we have a lot of money that needs to be spent out of pocket, which can be hard fro people. PayPal is the perfect tool for reimbursing people or sending them upfront spending money to be used on props, wardrobe, hard drives, etc. PayPal makes it very easy to clam people by sharing money quickly and in an efficient way. PayPal also makes it easier to pay someone via a company credit card if a vendor invoices using the software.

Cons

One con of using PayPal is when someone requests money the wrong way, then there can be a fee involved (if someone invoices instead of requesting). This is easy to work around when needed by being clear how the company/production is using PayPal and why we are using it for reimbursments.

AS

Abele S.

Retail, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Industry leading payments and protection with PayPal

PayPal has always been fair and transparent with their policies, although they do love to make changed to their policies and not make it abundantly clear how these policies are applied. Furthermore, policies are not identical throughout regions, so at times even PayPal customer service is confused. Whenever we reported issues to them, they were always polite and accommodating to a certain extend.

Pros

PayPal is excellent is processing our online payments with a reasonable rate per transaction. Customers trust PayPal as their payment platform and as a result, we see an uplift in customer trust when they buy from us for the first time. PayPal is also industry leading in terms of international payment handling and protection both buyers and sellers.

Cons

Although PayPal "supposedly" protects it's users, it often is a tug of war in terms of proving that everything is done EXACTLY according to their stipulated terms and conditions, even if this is not the default option that is presented to buyers and sellers. This often means that you will have to learn the hard way on how to protect your store from fraudulent claims, even if you think you have done everything by the book. Additionally, PayPal does not offer free refunds anymore. So if you dont trust the transaction, you're still forced to send it out or be forced to pay PayPal's fees.

Publishing, self-employed

Paypal makes it easy to receive payments

Overall, PayPal has proven to be a great choice for business needs, as I've been able to carry it over wherever I go, whatever I do, whenever I need it. I use it to collect payment on digital and physical goods across several platforms and marketplaces, as well as to invoice clients, and pay my recurring bills.

Pros

I like that Paypal is widely accepted everywhere, and the service charge rates are competitive with other payment processors. As a small business owner this makes it easy for me to accept and receive payment not just on my own site, but across a variety of marketplaces like eBay and Itchio, but also invoice customers and pay vendors. Also, having Paypal as my payment processor means that I don't have...

Cons

The thing I like least about PayPal is the integrated Sales Tax. If you use PayPal to automatically determine sales tax, as opposed a 3rd party sales tax calculator at checkout, then you will have to manually enter tax jurisdictions in yourself. This can be incredibly time consuming if the area (county or state) you're collecting tax for encompasses a lot of different zipcodes, as there can be dozens for just 1 county alone. I wish PayPal had its own ready-made tax code database to draw from or allowed for a 3rd party tax plugin.

samuel t.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Convenient & Widely Acceptable Online Payments System but...

No doubt, PayPal is a very convenient payments system available on the internet. With easy integration with valid credit card, users can easily make payment for any service that accept PayPal payment, send money to friends and family, and transact with online vendors all over the world. As a user since 2014, i will gladly recommend PayPal for anyone, especially for Freelancers that sell their products and offer services online which will help them receive their payment at ease, but the payment receiving feature needs to be available for their country.

Pros

One of the biggest advantages of PayPal is the easy online payments system which is widely accepted by online vendors, big e-commerce stores and other businesses. PayPal allow users to send out money and also receive payment, which made it easy for two individuals to carry out business transactions or send money as a gift to friends or families. One of the best features of PayPal is the easy integration...

Cons

Even with the good reputation online, PayPal can be very frustrating with different disadvantages. A major problem with PayPal is the customer support, contacting those guys can be very frustrating, using the email takes forever before they reply, calling their mobile phone takes time before you’re connected to available support which is very expensive since it’s international call. PayPal really needs...

Research, 10,001+ employees

Very good, but needs some improvement to be best

I use it mostly for sharing money with friends and family and in this service, PayPal is second to none considering the ease of use. I found it very helpful for online checkouts. A lesser service fee and easier use of paypal credit would make their service more better and impeccable. Overall, it’s a great privilege to use such a nice money management system.

Pros

Paypal is the first money sharing app I have ever used. For their free transfer and instant transfer to PayPal account, I even now keep this app on top of all other such apps. Also most of the online vendors now accept paypal and paypal credit while it is very easy to checkout with one click, hence I use it where I have it as an option. Also I can transfer money from my paypal to bank account and vice versa without any fee. All these are the reasons I love to use it and have been using it almost everyday to split expenses with friends and family as well as using it for online purchases.

Cons

Their customer support is not that much responsive as you will find it hard to talk to a human agent over phone. Also most of the representatives I have talked to so far don’t seem to have a comprehensive knowledge of the system. The representatives need to be more knowledgeable about their service and should serve more promptly. I have faced difficulty to set up recurring payment option with my paypal...

Christina A.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Very Trustworthy!

I use PayPal multiple times a week for both personal and business reasons, and it's the easiest and fastest money transfer app I've used. I really like how you can choose to send money as friends and family or as goods and services, options are important. If someone buys your product or service and pay through goods and services they get buyer protection which is very helpful because I can't offer...

Pros

Instant money transfers! I love how easy it is to instantly send money or payments to anyone by phone number, email address or name. Being able to link PayPal to Google Pay and Samsung Pay make PayPal that much more convenient to use. I recently upgraded to a PayPal Business Account and received my new credit card swiper and chip reader in the mail, and it pairs easily with the PayPal Here app via Bluetooth and now I can accept credit card payments whenever and wherever I happen to be. I absolutely love using PayPal.

Cons

PayPal has an internal security system that blocks certain transactions and there is nothing you or PayPal support can do to override it, you just have to wait 24 hours and try again. If your account mostly receives money rather than sending money and you decide to send money the internal security system may either block your transfer or lock you out of your account until you call them to confirm your account, they call this "suspicious activity on your PayPal account"

JK

Joseph K.

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Paypal now does Cryptocurrency!

The only complete I've ever had with PayPal is they have horrible customer service. Often you have to leave a message that goes unanswered for weeks at a time. If you lose your PayPal card, I'll report it stolen, it's almost impossible to get them to issue a new one. Without the card though, I've used it on every website that I buy things on. Almost every major online retailer, allows for a PayPal...

Pros

I've been a user of PayPal for years. Not only is it helped me make many of payments online, it's help me pay my friends when they were in a jam, and even buy things off of total strangers on forums. with PayPal you can send money with a couple clicks, or touches depending on the interface you use. The PayPal mobile app allows for fingerprint unlocking, which has made it even easier to use.

Cons

I like that PayPal now allows you to buy cryptocurrency. I have often wondered about getting into this world and buying some, yet I was too afraid of all the fancy wallets, and terminologies. Now with the same ease that you use to pay friends or online bills, PayPal allows you to buy and sell, four different types of cryptocurrency. With my PayPal app alone I've made more than $50 this week.

TW

Tyler W.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Has everything you need but can be more efficient when navigating

Overall PayPal is great for business and personal needs, but can definitely use a few tweaks to further enhance the users experience. I would highly recommend it for anyone to use.

Pros

I love and rely on the "quick links" on the dashboard, as the icons help make things quick and easy to navigate to where you need to go. I almost exclusively use these buttons as opposed to the top menu bar, as it doesn't feel the most user friendly. Sending invoices work very well providing plenty of options. You enter in your clients information, and have the choice to save as a draft, copy the...

Cons

Page load time can feel slow, if the time can be cut it'd be more pleasant to use. The interface on the dashboard can feel cluttered at times, this makes it a bit difficult to find exactly what I need. Some of the menus I feel can be simplified / optimized. No dark mode option. I use PayPal at night quite often and having this can make it easier on the eyes. No built-in PayPal transaction fee estimator...

Rodrigue W.

Computer Software, self-employed

Paypal Review

In general my overall experience with PayPal has always been a positive one and its an app that i highly and usually recommend to friend , family and also to my customers in the course of my work as freelancer.

Pros

The opening of a Paypal account is not only free but also very simple and fast A well-known and reliable payment gateway Ultra fast payment (5 seconds) Instant account-to-account money transfer PayPal commission negotiation possible PayPal presence in more than 200 countries Money available immediately Another big plus is that the money is available right away. Unlike payment processors like Stripe...

Cons

Things i really don't like on Paypal is the high commission rate.Paypal has adopted a premium positioning on commissions since its inception, which can represent a real obstacle for e-merchants wishing to optimize their margins. The customer service Another downside to PayPal is customer service. Have you ever had fun calling them? There you have the little music that tells you: “your call is on hold,...

ML

Mark L.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Synonymous with online transactions

As a freelance seller PayPal is invaluable when transferring funds online. The security of PayPal gives me great confidence to almost use it as a second "bank account" or emergency fund holder. In general, PayPal gives great versatility when transferring money online and offered this secure service for a small fee compared to some competitors.

Pros

With the name PayPal known across the internet it's easy to see why. PayPal already is essentially integrated into every major online retailer with the likes of eBay having accepted PayPal as a valid transaction medium for the better part of 2 decades. PayPal is simple to use and has a great UI and easy navigation. The ability to securely transfer funds from bank account to PayPal allows for greater security when making online purchases, reducing the risk of your bank account being compromised, instead allowing for PayPal to be the safe medium for payments. The security of PayPal has long been proven to be excellent, with effective use of 2FA in order to prevent fraud and to ensure all logins and access to your PayPal funds are monitored closely.

Cons

Whilst PayPal is undoubtedly a quintessential part of online money transfers, some negatives do still exist. For small businesses or businesses regularly transferring fund to their main bank account, using PayPal will incur additional charges. A small transaction fee of 5% is occurred each time money is privately transferred and this will add up with larger sums of money. Use of foreign currencies and the transfer rate between them will see an added 3% charge above the base transfer rate- for this reason other alternatives are superior to PayPal when dealing with international exchanges.

LR

Lisa R.

1-10 employees

It has some minor drawbacks but none are deal breakers.

PayPal has a couple things they may need to tighten up for the businesses using them. Once up and running, Ive not run into any issues or problems. Incoming or outgoing, funds travel as expected within a decent amount of time.

Pros

Using PayPal is easy and consumer friendly. Their help section is also very usable and informative. Payment can be taken from people with or without a PayPal account. The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate. There is also the ability to swipe credit cards in person. The basic device is provided at no charge and works with almost any smartphone. Its portability makes it a must have for...

Cons

The amount of verification required is a bit much, but considering the world today and corporations need to deflect blame when situations arise, they are thorough. I am a non-profit and has a bit of an issue with our status within the system. I got a couple form emails when inquiring but eventually got someone that could direct me. Talking to a person can be an issue but once you’re up and running,...