PayPal

Comprehensive solution to serve your business needs.

PayPal Reviews

Pros

The Paypal program is very wonderful. The ease in depositing and withdrawing is very distinguished.

hatem a.

I love that when you purchase using Paypal, if the item received is either wrong or never delivered, they have a great customer service team that can help resolve it.

Angela O.

Love the ease of use and the ease of implementation/integration within other websites and platforms to capture payment.

Emily S.

Cons

This becomes a problem when you need money quickly. IPN and PayPal API are unstable, often messing up transactions, especially if they involve limited items and need verification as soon as possible.

Eka S.

However, people also get blocked by PayPal without any warning and they can freeze and hold the money from that account that makes annoying things to the user.

I attempted to get them to refund money from fraudulent suppliers for months to no avail. Several of my associates found the same thing.

Michael H.

14,586

3,899

19,487 reviews

PayPal is the proven favorite

Transcript

Justin: Hi, my name's Justin. I work at a church. I'm a pastor, and I'm reviewing PayPal. I'd give it...

A Widely Used Payment Processor

I use PayPal to make payments for goods and services for my business. It's also used to accept payments. Generally, PayPal is a cool payment processor.

Pros

I like PayPal for some reasons. Among the reasons for which I like PayPal include: 1. Ability to make payments without exposing my credit card details: Credit card fraud and identity theft is a trending menace nowadays. One is at a very high risk of having his/her credit card information stolen when the card is used on insecure websites. With PayPal I don't have to bother about my credit card information...

Cons

I have some problems with PayPal. One of the problems is that PayPal is not available is some countries, and this is a limitation to expanding to such countries. Secondly, PayPal have an history of limiting people's accounts for some hard to understand reasons. The issue is that once an account is limited, it is very hard or impossible to get back the money in the account.

PayPal review

Since integrating PayPal with my personal and business affairs my life has been less stressful. I never go to a bank anymore because there is no need as PayPal has made everything available for online transactions. Overall my experience has been extremely helpful and relieves the amount of stress caused by financial transactions and banking.

Pros

PayPal has been a life saver to me as it makes money transfers and online transactions easy and fast with no wait time. Navigation through PayPal is so simple a five year old could do it. I am able to do business with all my other business colleagues on or offline effortless. There is even an option for automatic transfer so it’s a complete no brained. Also investing in cryptocurrency with the touch of a finger is absolutely brilliant. Instead of your money just sitting there you can invest it and watch it grow.

Cons

To be honest there is nothing I can say about PayPal that they could improve on except maybe more businesses should use them so as to be as accessible as say Visa or MasterCard however I have noticed that is rapidly changing so really I have no complaints thus far and I have used PayPal for a couple of years now.

PayPal is the Prime Rib of Pay Apps!

Pay Pal has always been a leader in the Pay App game and it was the first! I trust that my information is protected and that is extremely important with a Pay App, of course. I've never had a problem with any transaction, ever, and I've used it for MANY years on an almost daily basis. I highly recommend this Pay App, above ALL the others available.

Pros

This app is by far my favorite Pay App. It is tried and true and has never let me down yet! It could not be easier to use and I think the automatic record keeping that it does, is far superior to any other Pay App out there today! I also enjoy the coupons and promotions that are frequently offered. In addition, they will donate a percentage to my charity of choice, based on my spending. Recently, they've also added a feature to use the app to raise funds for individual causes, in light of needs related to Covid, etc. It truly seems like they care about people and community, which is super important to me personally and professionally.

Cons

There isn't anything I really don't like about the app. It meets my business and personal needs completely and always has.

PayPal Uses Your Money To Make Money!

My problem with PayPal is they try to be like a parent is to a child. Saying it’s my money they are just holding it for me. If it’s my money then give me my money PayPal.

Pros

My clients felt their payment information was safe and secure with a well know company that PayPal is.

Cons

That payments for services were held no matter what for three or more days unless clients called them to confirm services were done or being done. Even then my company had to wait on client payments of services rendered.

PAYPAL REVIEW

My experience with paypal is overwhelming. It is a great software. It's security and safety with great ease of transactions makes it the best so far for me. It makes my business life stress free. My online transaction have become so easy and fast making it possible to transfer money between my family and friends very easy

Pros

Paypal makes life easier. The ease at which transactions are made amazed me. It's very safe with double protection options that makes your credit, debit cards protected from Hackers, no annual membership fees, processing fee, no service charges. The easy accessibility to the software makes it possible for transactions to be done anywhere . Digital investment opportunity with paypal makes life more sweeter

Cons

Honestly all offers are great . Paypal has greatly release my stress in doing online transaction. Lack of a good quality customer service and sometimes difficulties to access contact numbers is just lone problem noted but with current upgrades this in no time will be no problem

One of the Best Platforms for Online Payment

I love PayPal. Using it is as easy as browsing the internet. I can receive and request payment from clients all over the world in few minutes as it is accepted in almost all country. It's also easy to track incomes and financial activities. PayPal has made my professional life a lot easier.

Pros

As a part-time freelancer, I have clients from many countries and I use PayPal most of the time to receive money. With PayPal, I can receive money, request money from clients and send invoices instantly to clients and all at a very low cost. I also feel that my information is secure on PayPal as they are a bit ahead in Information Security than other similar platforms. It is also easy to shop online using PayPal as it is accepted in almost all major platforms. Paypal has great and minimal User Interface, so it's very intuitive to use it. The feature I like most is that we can create a PayPal.me payment URL and also embed it in websites. I also like that we can create a pool and then pay in a team.

Cons

Sometimes they lock your account for unknown reasons and it can be frustrating but those things are necessary to keep scammers and fraud out of PayPal so they aren't big deal. However, I have experienced bad errors a few time during checkout. I don't know why it happens but has happened multiple times to me.

Great for both businesses and personal use!

PayPal is one of the best commerce software out there for both business and personal use. Their online website and mobile app are both very easy to use, when both paying and requesting payments. PayPal has been my go-to payment method for over 10 years, and I've never had any big issues with it. I've always receive payments to my bank accounts within a timely manner, and their customer service team is very helpful as well.

Pros

PayPal is one of the commerce platforms I have used for the longest time. I've used it both for businesses and personal use, and it's never let me down. It's super easy to send money to individuals both on their website and mobile app, and I love that you can write specific notes within each payment. It links seamlessly to your bank accounts, and I always receive payouts quickly. When requesting payments, I love the "reminder" feature where you can politely nudge someone for a payment. It's also easy to pull historical statements for accounting purposes.

Cons

It's annoying that there are transaction fees when you have a business account, though this is not something you can avoid with any e-commerce platform. They all charge fees, but PayPal is actually reasonably priced and competitive compared to other platforms like Stripe or Square, so it's not a huge negative aspect of the platform. My personal PayPal has also been hacked before through eBay back in 2015. There was an unknown foreign charge on there, which was a little concerning since PayPal is linked to my bank accounts. Luckily PayPal customer service was able to refund me the amount and help me set up two-step authentication for security purposes. I have not gotten hacked since!

The most affordable invoicing option for small businesses

Hands down, the best option for a new business getting started out. You can create professional invoices and track all of your income in one place, for free.

Pros

There are tons of options that come with the basic Business Plan, all with no monthly or annual fee - just the 2.8% per transaction. You can setup recurring invoices, monthly, annually, AND Quarterly! Set it and forget it! You can print or PDF the invoices and email them and "Share link myself" so your clients can pay by check and then you pay NOTHING to PayPal.

Cons

There's no option for ACH debit, but for no monthly or annual fee, that's nothing. The reports are a little tricky. Sometimes it's hard to find a report that includes ALL of the invoices sent out, including those who paid by another method not through PayPal. It's in there, it's just not easy to find.

Perfect for personal or business uses

It has helped me with ordering textbooks, personal items, and food delivery by its compatibility with all kinds of sites. To be honest, I will sometimes avoid food services or online orders that don't have PayPal as an option to pay.

Pros

I like the promptness of service and money exchange,the extra layer of protection from linking bank accounts, and freedom from hidden costs.

Cons

Sometimes, with larger amounts of money exchange, there is a delay.

Great For Invoicing

Overall my experience with PayPal has been great these past two years, being that I use PayPal to accept payments from my clients it also gives them a sense of ease that they will receive their product versus some of the other sites.

Pros

What I like the most about the PayPal software is being able to send one invoice, for multiple items. As well as being able to print out my tracking slip and input all tracking back into the app for my clients to see when their products will arrive.

Cons

What I like the least about the software would be sometimes it takes a while for a customer service agent to get to you if you're having an issue.

Easy way to transfer money

By and large, I am exceptionally happy with Paypal and the scrambled installment technique that it gives my customers. I can send them solicitations rapidly and the email contains a connection for them to pay the receipt right away. They don't have to have a Paypal account which is likewise a major addition since a portion of my customers doesn't straightforwardly have Paypal. They can pay for administrations as visitors. Advantageous and very much fabricated programming.

Pros

I like it since It's a free alternative to get and send installments anyplace on the planet. Because of the site intergradation particularly with Shopify, I'm ready to get installments through PayPal. The android application is stunning to oversee everything in one spot and furthermore, I use it to send cash with no issues. I use PayPal since 2013 and it's my best option when I pay something on the web since, in such a case that something incorrectly happens I have the choice to ask PayPal for a discount and I will get it with no issue. PayPal Protects purchasers one than some other Payment administrations and I truly full I'm protected constantly from con artists on the web and I can't believe any Payment supplier as I confide in PayPal.

Cons

The expense structure in case you're not a believed seller can feel a piece catching as there is an obligatory stand-by period before they will deliver your cash to you. It is highly unlikely inside the product to facilitate the interaction and there is no simple method to contact PayPal thusly. The other issue with the application is that once you enter in a check card number or a Visa number the application will not allow you to eliminate it until they are evidence that your record is clear.

Leader in the market, but sometimes there will be hassle.

Thanks to PayPal I have a foolproof way to receive payments from abroad, but their rates are a little bit higher than in other payment gateways. That's why I use it as a backup payment system, because it's not integrated with instant transfers from banks (at least in Poland, I know that you can set it up for example in UK). Customers in Poland prefer to pay with instant bank transfers, that's one thing that PayPal lacks.

Pros

PayPal is a universal, global payment system. I use it not only personally, to receive and send money, but mostly as a payment gateway. Payments go smoothly. It should satisfy all those who want to do business on-line. I like the option to generate quick buttons.

Cons

Deployment (in self-written script) and automation of sales are a little bit harder. Maybe it's because I'm a newbie to programing, but I remembered that setting sandbox account and getting through documentation wasn't that easy. Plus, sometimes navigating through options in menu that I use less is pretty complicated and confusing. That's the only thing that makes me roll my eyes.

Paypal is extremely beneficial for my business and my clients prefer the convenient payment system

Overall I am highly satisfied with Paypal and the encrypted payment method that it provides my clients. I can send them invoices quickly and the email contains a link for them to pay the invoice immediately. They don't even need to have a Paypal account which is also a big plus since some of my clients don't directly have Paypal. They are able to pay for services as guests. Very convenient and very well built software.

Pros

As a small business it was always difficult for me to accept credit cards from clients who requested to pay their invoices via card. Before using paypal I actually occasionally had to request they send a check which not only wasn't ideal for my client but it wasn't ideal for my business since the check could take a week or longer to arrive and then another 3-7 days to clear. Finally I decided to setup...

Cons

There is not a lot to dislike about Paypal. My only complaint would be that the fees paypal charges tend to be slightly higher than other services. But compared against setting up the ability to receive credit cards through a bank, or building out a secure payment method on the website in house it is much more efficient. So even that is relative.

The Perfect Tool for Reimbursements

I have used PayPal for more than a decade and it is my favorite money sharing application. It is a key part of my production tool kit.

Pros

The most impressive feature of PayPal is the ease to send money at no fee and how widespread it is used. In film and television production we have a lot of money that needs to be spent out of pocket, which can be hard fro people. PayPal is the perfect tool for reimbursing people or sending them upfront spending money to be used on props, wardrobe, hard drives, etc. PayPal makes it very easy to clam people by sharing money quickly and in an efficient way. PayPal also makes it easier to pay someone via a company credit card if a vendor invoices using the software.

Cons

One con of using PayPal is when someone requests money the wrong way, then there can be a fee involved (if someone invoices instead of requesting). This is easy to work around when needed by being clear how the company/production is using PayPal and why we are using it for reimbursments.

Online Payments

All in all PayPal favors the buyer because they have risk by not doing so. This means that as a seller you have to fight to win appeals. Its a bit frustrating when it can be completely a buyers fault but they still side with the buyer to avoid a charge back from the credit card companies. Other than unscrupulous buyers and the appeals process - the company is solid and reliable. It is used...

Pros

Both the mobile app and the desktop application are very easy to use. The interface is user friendly and and intuitive. There are also personalized mini links you can give people to send their money to which is a handy feature that doesn't see the acclaim that it should. The apps themselves can store as much or as little data as you would like. The less data you keep on filed there though the more you have to enter in with each buy. Your information is easy to navigate through in some simple menu selections and a few clicks you can pretty much navigate everywhere on this site. On your mobile device you can set it up for express pay and you can keep your own personal profile up to date for payments for personal or business. All in all its very easy to use software.

Cons

The fee structure if you're not a trusted vendor can feel a bit trapping as there is a mandatory wait period before they will release your money to you. There is no way within the software to expedite the process and there is no easy way to contact PayPal in this manner. The other issue with the app is that once you enter in a debit card number or a credit card number the app won't let you remove it until they are clear that your account is clear.

Great to Use as a Freelancer

It's a site and tool that I've been using for years and will continue to do so. For international purchases, it quickly connects your bank account and you can pay with a few clicks which makes life so much easier. From my experience, it's also safe and will be great if it gets introduced as a payment method by more local stores as well. If you're looking for a quick and easy way to move your money or pay online, highly recommended.

Pros

I used PayPal for years in getting money earned from Fiverr to my local bank account. It's such an easy and straightforward tool that I always recommended it to other sellers as well, as opposed to one of the competitors which at the time had very limited features. Easy to use, user-friendly and works great in making that connection between freelancing platforms and bank accounts. Even more, I also used it a lot in ordering online as it was very advantageous when I didn't want to wait for the bank to process the transfer..

Cons

Although I rarely had issues with PayPal, I did one time experience a very difficult situation as my account had to be verified by bank statements or bills that should show the address that I live at with my name on it. The bank that I was working on didn't have that option to include address and as a student at the time I didn't have any bills with the address on my name which made it very difficult. Took a lot of back and forth with customer support which is why I would recommend to have more options available to verify users rather than the standard ones which don't apply to any location world wide. However, this was just one time issue and every other interaction with PayPal has been highly positive.

PayPal is my only choice for international payments.

Pros

I like the popularity of PayPal and that it has a huge user base, so if the support team isn't helping on time we can still get help from the PayPal user community. PayPal is the most secured global payments gateway and nothing unauthentic can happen with our funds. With years of experience with PayPal, I can say that the website of PayPal is very responsive and very well made that can never crash...

Cons

PayPal is best fitted for sending and receiving funds internationally, but is not as good for Domestic Payments because it is very less popular among local vendors and merchants in India. The currency conversion rate of PayPal is also very high and we have to face a huge loss when receiving money internationally. There's also a big problem with PayPal that is, it suspends our accounts temporarily if we use a new device to login or a new IP address and getting our account back to working takes really a lot of time. Their Support service is also very poor, most of the times they just copy paste solutions from their own FAQs and most of the solutions aren't even relevant to our queries. I wonder if they even read our queries properly.

Excellent Online Payment Option with a High Level of Security

I'm very happy using this service in general since 2013 and it helped me to get paid for the services my company offer and also, helped me to send money and I made hundreds of PayPal transactions and I never had any problem. I will keep using it, and I will recommend it to anyone who's looking for a payment service with the best options and an excellent support team available 24/7.

Pros

I like it because It's a free option to receive and send payments anywhere in the world. Thanks to the website intergradation especially with Shopify I'm able to get payments through PayPal. The android app is amazing to manage everything in one place and also, I use it to send money without any problems. I use PayPal since 2013 and it's my first choice when I pay something online because if something...

Cons

The fees is a little higher compared to some payment services but, It's not a deal breaker since you will get more value compared to those platforms. I hope in the future they will add more options and features to the android app. I hope they can add an option to tell us how much money the receiver will get when we send a payment including the fees.

PayPal saves me as a Freelancer

PayPal has been perfect for me as a self-employed freelancer. I am happy that I chose it over the other options. I love how I can track all my expenses, incoming payments (which is all work-related income), and keep track of deductibles when it comes time for tax season. Also, PayPal provides self-employees with their 1099 tax forms and emails you your annual report of your finances for taxes.

Pros

I am a self-employed freelancer, so PayPal is essentially my paycheck every time I get paid. I am so grateful for PayPal. My money gets transferred to my bank for free within 1-3 business days without hassle. I have a constant inventory of all my income and spending because of it. Tax time is a breeze and extra easy with PayPal. I truly appreciate it. Sending money is easy and allows you to create a cute card or message to go along with it. Also, you can easily send gift cards. I appreciate how PayPal saves all the names/image of the people you've sent or received money from in an easily seen location on the dashboard. That makes it easy to either resend money to the same person, or request money if need-be.

Cons

My one and only complaint about PayPal is that when I originally signed up, I was signing up as a personal profile. Eventually, my PayPal ended up becoming for business use only, BUT PayPal doesn't allow you to edit your username so I'm stuck with the same name. I can't get a new PayPal because it's connected to all my information with my business including my email, etc. So, this is really a huge, huge inconvenience and frankly, an embarrassment for me.

Helping a College Student get by

Overall, the convenience and easy use for PayPal is what sold me on the app. I like how easy it is to do business transactions and how easy it is to transfer money between myself and others.

Pros

PayPal is widely used for multiple reasons. I started using PayPal because it was easier to transfer money with my roommate when one of us would buy dinner or pay rent. I also shop online frequently and many stores have the option to pay using PayPal. I have my card linked to it so if I did not have my bank card with me it was convenient to pay by PayPal and they would take the money from my bank. Recently I also been using PayPal for business purposes and I like how the buyer and seller are protected. I have had issues where my order never came, or I was scammed and PayPal helped resolve the issue so I did not lose any money.

Cons

There really is not any cons with this app. The process to complete a claim for a refund can take a little long, but others companies take about the same time. There is a fee to instant transfer but it is not that much depending on the amount you are transferring.

Has everything you need but can be more efficient when navigating

Overall PayPal is great for business and personal needs, but can definitely use a few tweaks to further enhance the users experience. I would highly recommend it for anyone to use.

Pros

I love and rely on the "quick links" on the dashboard, as the icons help make things quick and easy to navigate to where you need to go. I almost exclusively use these buttons as opposed to the top menu bar, as it doesn't feel the most user friendly. Sending invoices work very well providing plenty of options. You enter in your clients information, and have the choice to save as a draft, copy the...

Cons

Page load time can feel slow, if the time can be cut it'd be more pleasant to use. The interface on the dashboard can feel cluttered at times, this makes it a bit difficult to find exactly what I need. Some of the menus I feel can be simplified / optimized. No dark mode option. I use PayPal at night quite often and having this can make it easier on the eyes. No built-in PayPal transaction fee estimator...

Prefer PayPal over any other online bank/money transfer software!

Overall, I love PayPal. I have recommended this product to literally everyone I know, and will continue to do so, and definitely continue using it, for both business and personal services.

Pros

I actually use PayPal for both personal and business accounts. Basically, they are the most full service software that I can find for everything I need from a bank. To me, they are way more than a bank or just a money transfer/pre-paid account. It's incredibly easy to use, from set up, to any added outside accounts, sending and transferring money to your account, and receiving money as well. Any money movement takes place in literally seconds. The fact that there is buyer and seller protection for purchasing online is fantastic. PayPal was actually what got me to start finally shipping online, because I trust the software.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that it seems to be slightly difficult to remove websites/vendors from the automated payments processing. Sometimes it doesn't remove them. Also, I wish they sent warnings of payments about to be taken out.

PayPal easily connects our non profit business with donors.

For anyone trying to solve a purchase/payment problem without having a formal bank arrangement, this is a great solution. And its software can be included with almost every POS system we looked at.

Pros

We needed away for our non-profit fundraising arm, which is separate, to sell product and collect funds for their initiatives, but with a paper trail that helps us document those donors and their activity. PayPal was very simple to integrate into our point-of-sale system, like it literally took one minute. The reporting and transaction history is thorough and allows for refunds, shipping, and every kind of documentation we need.

Cons

The portion that PayPal takes per transaction is a little high, for us, but we do see the value. It would be helpful if the organization (vs. a person) could have a log in, maybe with multiple users.

Best Money Management for me Personally and with my business

I love this business solution. I don't know how i would have grown so fast without this service. PayPal was easy to set up when I started my business. After 5 years this is still my first choice to take credits cards in my store, on the go though Facebook and even my website. I even took advantage of the PayPal working capital loans to keep up with my growing business .

Pros

Paypal makes everything easier: getting paid, sending money, sending invoices, buying supplies, using a credit card and having a credit card reader for my store and all my vendor shows on the go.

Cons

I wish the credit cards statements were easier to read and more streamlined with everyday charges, payments ( Debits and Credits) and fees. Also my credit card readers had an internal battery that only lasted 2 years. The new reader has to remain -plugged in not to have a delay in usage and the credit cards fees keep increasing over the years

Simple payment provider, but with some limitations

In general, we are nevertheless satisfied with PayPal. The service offers numerous payment methods (depending on the country) such as PayPal, credit card, bank transfer/Klarna, etc. The fees are higher than with other providers, but the service (especially the PayPal Express Checkout button) is simple and easy to set up - even for the inexperienced users with a little training.

Pros

Signing up for PayPal Business is very easy, you have to provide some information about the business (owner, address, ownership shares, etc.) and you are ready to go. PayPal Business can be connected to existing shop solutions, or you can create a "PayPal Checkout" button yourself. We only wanted to sell one product, so we chose Paypal because of the Express Checkout button. With simple clicks you...

Cons

As simple and popular as PayPal is, some things were incomprehensible to us: - Getting started: even though PayPal offers extensive documentation for developers, it is hard to find your way around as a beginner at first. PayPal could be interesting especially for people who don't want to invest in a real shop and want to add a payment option for e.g. 2-3 products on their website with a few simple...