All categories

Boardable Reviews

Pros

I love the ability to create an agenda, ease of publishing meetings, the Document Center and the ability to create a Dashboard message.

Tami S.

We have users with a variety of computer experience and Boardable has been so friendly to use and the customer service has been awesome.

Laura S.

Ease of use is what I like best about this software. Also, the fact that there is always someone there to help walk you through using the software.

Darian S.

Cons

We tried the video conferencing offered. Members with Apple products could not log on, which created a lot of frustration and disrupted our Board meeting.

Lori I.

Darcy L.

At first the initial emails were going to a spam folder for the invitations.

Melissa M.

Board Meetings Ready in Minutes

Transcript

Andrew C.: Hi, my name is Andrew. I'm a Director of Minister Development in the non-profit industry,...

Saved or Board

Transcript

Larrie F.: Hi, my name is Larrie. I'm a global outreach pastor, and I would give Boardable a five-star...

Looks good, handles well, and has great customer support

Our Board didn't previously have a place to go to see all its documents, and now it does. It's simpler and easier than sending out so many emails...and we were able to cancel two software subscriptions (Basecamp and Zoom) that were made redundant thanks to Boardable. So, overall, we're saving money by implementing this tool!

Pros

The price is great, it looks and feels really simple and lovely, and the company is obviously interested in feedback and improving the product.

Cons

There are a few quirks to the software, like there's no internal back button and the beta version of the video conference software only works in Chrome! But for the most part it works really well, and anything that I do get confused about is easy to problem-solve with their available support folks and customer service rep.

Karen, thank you so much for your thoughtful review, and welcome to the Boardable community! I'm so glad to hear that you found the customer support team friendly and helpful -- we think they're rockstars too. I'll share all your suggestions with the entire team, and look forward to working together. - Samantha, Director of Customer Success

Break the ridiculous email chains: move your board to Boardable

As a consultant who works with several nonprofits at a time, I really needed a way to stop the email madness. Too many of the boards I work with struggle with being responsive to each other and I am more and more convinced that the problem is more related to email than to people being too busy or over committed. Once it is built out, Boardable has everything a person needs to fulfill their board obligations...

Pros

Boardable is a web portal designed to support the governance function of nonprofit boards of directors. By logging in, a board member can find all of their documents, prepare for meetings, engage in between-meeting discussions, co-write documents, assign tasks, schedule meetings and events and more. It is all in one location and very well organized.

Cons

Getting everyone from the team to log in, take some training, and start using it. Some people still resist, which creates extra work for everyone. I do not know what the software makers could do to improve this.

Cathy, thank you for your review! We are happy to hear we've helped centralize all your documents and items needed for your organization. Thank you for your suggestions as we're always looking for ways to improve our platform! Thank you for being a great partner. - Leslie from Boardable

Solutions galore!

Pros

As an administrator of a large (40+) person board, we were very much in need of a centralized solution where board members had easy access to a board directory, board meeting agendas & documents.

Cons

I am early in the roll out process so, the hardest part so far has been adoption. In order for a tool like this to be successful, it requires that all users embrace it and take the time to learn and then use it. While boardable makes it easy with how to videos and such, it still requires action on the part of the board members.

Daniela, thank you for your review! We're happy to hear our platform has helped keep documents, agendas, and directory all in one place. Please don't hesitate to reach out if board members need assistance in adopting the product. We're always here to help! -Leslie from Boardable

It's 4 AM in San Francisco, but work hours somewhere and the site seems to be down

Pros

Very accessible, easy to use. Site has been up five of the last six times I've tried to access the in the last couple of weeks.

Cons

Website is inaccessible; appears to be down but no way to tell. Fortunately, the Board Meeting is not later today and will have time to update. Board meetings are probably pretty important for you too, so it would be good to check on uptime statistics, especially in the time zones where you work, before moving relying on this platform.

Albert, thank you for your feedback. We recently launched a new website and did have some downtime. Although we did not log any product (app.boardable.com) downtime, our marketing website (boardable.com), which has a link to login to the product, was down for some time during the launch. We notified Boardable account owners in advance of the possible disruption but it appears the communication that went out wasn't sufficient. As such, we have reviewed our advance communication process. Thank you for your user experience feedback; it's highly valuable to us as we grow and improve our processes. Thank you for being a Boardable customer and I appreciate your kind words about its ease of use. Jeb Banner, CEO, Boardable

Effective Tool

Boardable has helped our staff with keeping board documents organized, and our board members have appreciated having one place to find all of the information they need for upcoming board meetings. Boardable helps keep our staff and our board running smoothly.

Pros

Storage of board documents, ease of use for our board members and staff, customer support has been excellent.

Cons

Things we would change if possible - limiting the features our board members have access to in a more customized way (only 3 profile types to choose from that don't exactly match our needs); messaging feature is only available in the Pro version.

Thank you for your review, Marah. We love hearing all your suggestions and ideas for improvement. We're always happy to hear that Boardable is easy for all board members to use! Thank you, Leslie from Boardable.

Boardable – You make it easy and you listen!

Wonderful customer service

Pros

I like the Calendar and ease to receive documents

Cons

Minute taker - I use standard wordprocessing for my minutes.

Peggy, thank you so much for the kind words and for taking the time to leave this detailed review. This review made our day! We look forward to working together more in the future.

What a Difference for our Board

This tool has made my life much easier and our Board loves it. It has saved me time, emails and effort. Our Board likes that everything is in one place and they don't get their work email cluttered with volunteer activities.

Pros

One of the most fabulous things about Boardable is having everything housed in one system. Our Board members have learned to use the discussions feature to discuss important topics without starting an email chain that goes on for days.

Cons

I sometimes think there might be too many options and they might miss on a thing or two. For example, I love the classic minutes taker. Not a fan of the new option, but they provide both. However, the classic option doesn't capture those not attending a meeting, just those that are attending and for minutes, you need both.

Alicia, thank you for your review! It's a pleasure working with you and we love hearing all your suggestions and ideas for improvement. It's always wonderful to hear that Boardable has helped save time and effort for your organization. (Leslie from Boardable)

First time user

Having the ability to have all of the administrative resources available all in one location and easy to access.

Pros

I loved most about this software started with the customer service. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very knowledgeable and friendly. I loved that the all of the tools were available in all in one place.

Cons

The one thing that I least liked about this software was more around instructions of how to use the software rather than the software itself.

Taylor, thank you for your review. We always like to hear how we can improve as a company. We are happy you have all the tools you need in one place. (Leslie from Boardable)

Saved or Board

decisions that are saving countless lives in the darkest places in the world. I think its safe to say that Boardable played a part in that.

Pros

Agenda making, minute taking, Doc storage, group management, pretty much all of it

Cons

not sure, we use zoom a thirdparty,, going to try boardable when its out of beta

Larrie, thank you for your review. We're happy to hear you're enjoying all of our features on our platform. We appreciate the suggestions, and I'm happy to inform you that you can now integrate zoom for your meetings as well as use our very own video platform, Spotlight! - Leslie from Boardable.

A Truly User-Friendly Platform

Pros

My favourite part of this software is certainly the customer support aspect. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our Boardable success manager, is truly a wonderful individual who is always there for our team in time of need; she is kind, attentive, and overall a positive person who I am very happy to have on our team. The software itself is also a great platform - the meeting scheduling tool in particular is ideal, alongside the goals section. I am excited to use the minute-maker functionality - should it work like the agenda maker, I know it'll be brilliant.

Cons

Perhaps where the software lacks is the calendar integration tool - as Outlook users, we have run into a couple of bugs, but our account manager has been incredible in seeking solutions for us, and for that I am grateful. Note that the video conference tool is also in beta, but the Boardable team is working diligently to enhance its service.

Zainah, thank you for the kind review. We're so glad to hear that the meeting suite and agenda builder are really helping your team. Thank you also for the kind words regarding your success manager -- that is so great to hear and it really made our day. Thank you again. Samantha, Director of Customer Success

Game Changing for Operational Efficiency and Nonprofit Impact

Prior to using Boardable, our organization had disparate file storage systems and multiple channels of communication. This negatively impacted our ability to operate efficiently, and collect and analyze data. Additionally, every year we have changes on our Board of Directors (people phasing in and out). This meant information was sometimes lost, and we were consistently re-inventing the wheel. Boardable has allowed us to create sustainability for our organization, be more organized and efficient, collaborate more efficiently, and (most importantly) have a greater impact in our community.

Pros

Boardable is extremely user-friendly and easy to use. It's easy to onboard new members and get them up-to-speed quickly. Additionally, customer-informed improvements roll out on a consistent basis, which shows that Boardable not only takes customer feedback seriously, but that they're consistently looking to make it more impactful and easy to use. The ability to streamline things like communications and file storage has had a huge positive impact on operational efficiency and accountability.

Cons

There's nothing we don't like. We've consistently provided feedback and it has always been addressed.

Darcy, thank you for the review! We so enjoy working with you and your board. Keep up the great work, we are always here for you. Jeb

Boardable is simple and accessible

Succession planning: Boardable ensures all my board's important business documents are held in one place for easy passing on to new board members. Ease of use: Boardable is clean and uncluttered, making it relatively easy for even non-tech-savvy board members to pick up and use. Good pricing: there's a range of pricing models that make it accessible for even a micro-business.

Pros

Boardable is clean and uncluttered. That makes it relatively easy for my board and committee members to pick up and use. From a strategic perspective, Boardable captures everything that's important in my boards' business in one place, so that it can easily be passed on to the next generation of the board. Good for succession planning. I now use Boardable for 5 different organizations, and I find switching from one to the other really simple. Boardable's responsiveness is just terrific. Because I am based in Australia, any queries I have are usually responded to overnight.

Cons

When I onboard a new director, it's not always easy to ensure they have access to previous documents and discussions. Also, the inhouse video option didn't work well for me - but then that's probably because we are based in Australia. Fortunately we can still choose to use Zoom, which works well for us.

Thank you for this lovely review, Meredith. It's a pleasure working with you and we love hearing all your suggestions and ideas for improvement. We're releasing an enhancement to our video platform next week that will dramatically improve the experience for international customers. It's always wonderful to hear that Boardable is helpful with succession planning and easy for all board members to use! Thank you, Samantha

Revolutionize your Board Meetings with Boardable!

We are the business office for an Episcopal bishop. Boardable has revolutionized how we communicate with our governance bodies. All board members are volunteers. Many have full time careers. They appreciate the ease of use and efficiency of Boardable. No paper mailings, no postage , no worries about forgetting to bring your meeting packet, the ability to reference and view documents from a previous meeting, creating task lists and conducting polls for an unexpected urgent meeting have been invaluable to us. The majority of our boards fall under my purview as the bishop's executive assistant. I can't say enough about the amount of time it saves me managing all these various groups.

Pros

Boardable is an efficient, organized, and effective tool to manage governance bodies. Currently we are managing six separate governance bodies and expect to add several more soon. Best features include agenda builder, ability to write your personal notes and reminders in the agenda for your eyes only, meeting minute template, attaching documents directly in the agenda, pooling feature, and, most importantly, it serve as an excellent document repository. We've established "best practices" for administrators and end users. It has been well received and board members appreciate it's ease of use and efficiency. Tech support is extremely helpful and very responsive. The Boardable team is always open to our idea and suggestions.

Cons

One limitation for our use is the inability to have different titles and terms when a person serves on multiple boards. Having the ability to format our own documents would be helpful as well.

Kathleen, thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you are loving all of our Boardable features. We are happy to share that you can now give your members different titles within your different boards. Thank you for being a great partner! (Leslie from Boardable)

User friendly product

Pros

We work with a diverse range of 200 users from many backgrounds and experiences so a user friendly system was important. When researching different board management products, many were complicated. Boardable offered a great system at a great value that is easy for our users.

Cons

Sometimes there are quite a few clicks for an administrator to get items where they need to go.

Hi Katy! Thank you for your review. We're excited to hear your board members found our platform easy to use. We appreciate your suggestions as we're always looking for ways to improve our platform. Thank you for being a great Boardable partner. -Leslie from Boardable

Boardable is a great product for organizing our team

So far so good; overall we are liking it.

Pros

This software helps keep our busy team organized on the board and the various committees they each work on. It's great for organizing meetings, and assigning tasks to the members of the team.

Cons

The biggest con for us it that you cannot have additional controls within the administrative role. So, for example the junior staff administrators can see all confidential materials (financials, HR-related discussions) that the senior administration needs access to. The only way to avoid this is to not make them an administrator, but it means the CEO is then busy with some of the administrative tasks (adding/removing people and creating groups) that would best be assigned to a more junior administrator.

Thank you so much for your review. We're delighted to hear that Boardable is keeping your busy team organized and that you like the tool. We would love to hear more about your experience with groups so that we can use your valuable feedback to deliver an even better experience. Please reach out to samantha@boardable.com with any further comments or suggestions you wish to share. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our business!

This is a great tool that eliminates the need to send lots of documents to Board members.

The software reduced communications, hunting for documents and collecting Board votes for online voting. I like it a lot.

Pros

The Boardable platform is great for several things. 1. It eliminates the need to send emails and attachments to Board members in the hopes that they will get them all and read them all before the meeting. 2. It cuts down on problems a lot of Board members face at larger corporations with blocked file sharing tools like Box, Dropbox or Google Drive. This isn't an issue because it's out on a server. 3. It cuts down on so much wasted paper from Board packets. Rather than print things out and then toss them after each meeting, Board members can now be responsible for reading and accessing their own Board information. 4. It keeps a record of Board attendance, Board votes and Board meeting documents, all sorted nicely. 5. You can do online voting between meetings - known as polls.

Cons

I think there are some opportunities for some small design changes, and some opportunities to add in other tools that would make sense like screenshare, conferencing, committee communications, etc. Having said that, I like this tool enough that I have recommended it to other non-profits in the area, and do speak highly of it frequently. I think it's got legs to be something pretty great with a few more iterations.

Thank you Crystal for your review! We love to hear client's feedback as we are always aiming to improve our software. We are happy to hear Boardable has helped with a number of things for your organization. (Leslie from Boardable)

Game-changing for Boards

Pros

Centralized communication has been key to moving our organization forward. It's helped with accountability and tracking, and allows us to communicate between board meetings. Polls are great for gathering feedback, etc.

Cons

I want to be able to use Boardable for my committee functions as well. We have started to do this, but find the feature set is limited. I believe this could be fixed by changing the way we look at member, observer, and administrator. In other words, I want my committee members to have member-level access but only within their defined group. As it stands, committee members can't assign meetings, upload files, etc. because they are limited by their user status. Also, file storage can get hairy. There should be more instructions on storing files, attaching them to meetings, access, etc.

Thank you for your review Darcy! We're happy to hear Boardable has helped with accountability and communication in your organization. Thank you for being a great partner!

A good product for the money.

Overall, it is a good product.

Pros

The ability to have a file sharing platform for employees working remotely.

Cons

Improvements are constantly being made, which is great, but users are not given the option to turn some things on and off. If you don't like something, you are told there is no way for you to opt out of using it.

Shirley, thank you for your review! We love to hear that Boardable has helped with working remotely for your organization. Thank you for your suggestions as we take pride in listening to our customers needs in order to improve our platform. Thank you for being a great partner! -Leslie from Boardable.

Simple and Easy to Use

Pros

I love how Boardable has everything we need in one place. I really like using the scheduler to find a meeting date instead of having to us another program to do that. They are constantly evolving and building enhancements to the software making it very easy to use and intuitive. I like the security features that allow each group to only see information pertaining to their particular group. This helps to ensure that sensitive documents are secure within the software. Members of our board love how the software is self-explanatory and easy to navigate through. The transition from our old software was very well received because of this.

Cons

There are still a couple enhancements that I would like to see, but their customer service team is very open to hearing new ideas that will ultimately help everyone using the software.

Thank you for your review Tiffany! We are happy to hear our platform is easy to use for your members, and has helped keep all your documents safe. Thank you for being a great partner!

It has streamlined our board communications and document storage in one convenient place for board meetings and committee communications.

I love this software; it has eliminated the need for dozens of emails before a board meeting. It is only a little over a year old, so they are still perfecting it and are very responsive to questions, requests for help and are open to users requests for changes in the way they do things.

Pros

The ability to announce meetings of any kind, attach all documents in the board packet to the meeting and giving the board the ability to respond if they will attend. Can create multiple committee folders in the Document Center Can limit accessibility to some folders Has a People Directory for your board and can add photos and personal information Can download from your hard drive, Dropbox. Google Drive, and One Drive to a meeting Unlimited storage capacity

Cons

So far can attach only one document at a time; they are changing this to multiple document attachments If a document is attached to a meeting and you want to store it in the Document Center, you can't. You have to attach it again. Can only download from your computer to the Document Center, not the cloud drives. Limit of 20 users.

Carol, thank you for your review! We are happy to hear all of our Boardable features have been helpful for your organization. (Leslie from Boardable)

Beautifully thought-out software

From the sales process to Tech Support/Customer Service, they have been fantastic.

Pros

We have been using Boardable for a year now. It is incredibly easy to use, and has a clean, uncluttered interface. When our CEO started using it to create meetings, agendas, and documents, I expected a lot of questions to help her through the process. Instead, she immediately was able to use it without help. It's that intuitive. Almost all of our board members signed up right away; they are now able to see meeting documents *before* they show up at the meeting. The phone app is still new, but so far I'm very impressed.

Cons

No complaints. Boardable does not have all the bells and whistles of some of their competition, but we're a local not-for-profit. We don't need those features (nor do we wish to pay for them).

Max, thank you for your review! We are happy to hear our platform is intuitive, and your board members are loving it! Thank you for being a great partner. - Leslie from Boardable

Boardable for Non Profits

Besides using this to communicate and organize our board, we also use this software for team meetings, committee meetings, etc.

Pros

The easy organization abilities and ability to pull things quickly from previous meetings recurring.

Cons

It took a little time to get used to and I still do not feel I am using all the features I could but plan to continue learning.

Heather, thank you so much for your review. I'm glad to know that Boardable helps you pull things together quickly for your recurring meetings. Great work leveraging the tool with team and committee meetings. I'm here to help as you continue learning. Please feel free to email me at samantha@boardable if you would like to organize a group training to review your new features.

Best product for the money

When I give suggestions for improvement - they listen and have made the changes to their software! I like the ease of online chat. I wish some of the features were available on the lower tier for smaller nonprofits like ours.

Pros

The software is easy to use. I like the mini training videos. These are helpful to the board members. Online chat is great. Security and storage are great.

Cons

Some of the basic features are now in the upper level (cost more). I feel that board minutes should be able to be easier to write from the agenda. Then they should be able to be downloaded for editing purposes and uploaded upon completion.

Marcia, thank you for the review and for your suggestion regarding the minutes. I've shared your feedback with our product director. It is wonderful to hear that the support team is responsive and that you're taking advantage of the secure storage. We look forward to hearing more of your suggestions around how we can best meet the needs of nonprofits of all sizes.

Great product for all levels of users!

Overall, Boardable has been a great asset to our organization in helping to streamline communications. No regrets!

Pros

This product has streamlined not only our board meetings and materials, but across the organization it has become a tool for internal meeting groups. The best thing about Boardable is that it is super user friendly no matter what the technology comfort level might be. Also, with a larger board, this product has made ease of access to information readily available without having to search through multiple files or reach out to request information.

Cons

There really is not a significant con as Boardable is always enhancing or bringing on new features.

Mechele, thank you so much for your review! We really value having you and WFYI as Boardable customers. Jeb Banner, CEO

Boardable software is so easy to work with for our users and volunteers. It's priced right for NFPs.

Saves a lot of time for our team members in preparing meeting packets and sending communications for our Board and volunteer committees. Boardable helps to keep us better organized and is easy for our volunteers to interface with our organization and with each other.

Pros

Boardable team is very open to our suggestions for enhancements. They have been a great partner to work with to improve functionality of the app. We explored many different volunteer management software systems but most were not affordable since we operate on a very tight budget. Boardable was priced right and is saving our team lots of time that used to be spent on a manual process preparing for Board and committee meetings. Since starting with Boardable we have discovered a few other programs that easily benefit from using Boardable's functionality. Boardable is a great tool to use for collaboration with external partners.

Cons

Thank you Lucia for your review! We are happy to hear our platform is easy to use and is affordable for your organization! (Leslie from Boardable)