Citrix ShareFile Reviews

4.5

How would you rate Citrix ShareFile?

Pros

Their customer service is outstanding. If you have a question of any kind, they are always available to answer questions and offer solutions as to how to get the most out of this software.

Holly R.

We love ShareFile and trust it entirely with our client's security. We would highly recommend to another prospective user.

JM

John M.

It also integrates well with Microsoft Outlook as a plugin which provides a good user experience. It is really useful because it allows us to share files without having to make a user account.

Jeffrey S.

Cons

Some of our people on the network complain of speed but this is probably more a problem caused by their internet speed and connection.

Sometimes it transferring files is very slow. It is very boring when the transferring process is slow.

Prince J.

Some clients' email systems do not even recognize the emails, so they are unaware that anything has been sent.

JM

Julia M.

Great if you need HIPAA compliant sharing

Transcript

Kevin: I'm Kevin, I'm a systems administrator. I give ShareFile a four out of five, and for more reviews...

Storage hosting is easy with ShareFile

Pros

Sharefile is a cloud-hosted file server at its most basic level that replaces the need to host one within a workplace or business. It also allows you to offer download links to consumers to upload or download specific files, provided you have the proper rights. Because it is hosted offshore, it has the advantage of not requiring the office to operate servers or an Infrastructure rack.

Cons

You won't be able to view your file structure if your external internet connection goes down. If you're a remote worker trying to connect to a server hosted by your company, this can happen. Another problem might be a lack of bandwidth while uploading/downloading to Sharefile. It was also quite sluggish and complicated when we initially started using it, requiring multiple periods longer to transfer or explore than a self-hosted server. We also have at least 1-2 service interruptions every month, during which users are unable to conduct their job for a while.

Secure File Sharing Solution

Pros

Easy to navigate UI. ShareFile has an add-on that integrates into standard Outlook email platform. The add-on allows you to email large files using a secure third party FTP, where sensitive documents can only be accessed by permitted parties. It's easy to set permissions if you allow the document to be shared with others. Works well for cloud sharing documents and files where collaboration is needed. You can set a time duration for files to automatically delete themselves, so that makes managing storage capacity easier.

Cons

No real cons that I can think of. Perhaps for some people who are not tech savvy might have trouble setting up their personal preferences, but this could apply to any software. I found it easy and intuitive to set up using the web app, mobile app, and the Outlook extension.

overall information

I consider the software fulfills the purpose to share files, and it has more features than the regular share files companies, with this platform we can organize folders, grant access, encrypt messages, manage users' accesses, etc. Citrix Sharefiles not only has the online version but also provides the option to download it and install the software on the computer, overall it is very easy to use and it has good tutorials if we don't know how to perform some actions.

Pros

The platform provides very dynamic ways to share files such as email with Sharefile, get a link,e signature, etc. even it has the option to encrypt the messages which is pretty good to keep safe the company's information. if we don't have time and we want to share files, Citrix Sharefiles provides the option to generate a link with all files we have included. I also like the idea that we can install a plugin on Outlook to use Citrix Sharefiles.

Cons

The platform has great features but honestly, I consider the price is above the average compared with other companies.

THINGS ARE CHANGING

Well, after around 10 years of using Sharefile without any issues and only using customer support about 2-3 times we were told that the charges would be basically multiplying by ten times the amount and if we didn't like it, TOO BAD!!!! No negotiation, no warning period (don't consider a 30-60 window after being told you're screwed to quit service or pay a valid warning), no understanding, just "do this or else... don't like it, we don't care.... see ya later scrub." Very unprofessional and in my opinion can and maybe will break your company. With a marketing plan/ploy like that where you corner customers and then on top of that don't care about them in the slightest sense you are heading for disaster.

Pros

I liked that it was affordable, easy to use, and we could do more if we wanted to. The actual log in and navigation was easy to use for the most part after some updates and the customer care used to be okay the few times I needed it.

Cons

They have now hiked up the prices basically telling Small/Medium Businesses to pay up or leave (only about a 30-60 day window to decide do I want to pay more or not). For most small businesses it's an easy choice as alternative affordable pricing is out there all over as I found. I guess they only care about big time companies now that they are "Big Time". Lol, while searching for them I see that they were one of best in 2017... big heads? Seems to be the case. I think this new change will make everything they were doing go down hill fast... good luck shareholders (if they are public).

Simple functions for secure file sharing

Pros

It allows file sharing with basic request of name and email for downloads and it controls how many downloads are allowed per person

Cons

Not much custom ability of further encryption of file such as adding password

Very versitile and easy to figure out program

overall experience was very good and will continue to recommend it where I work and for my clients.

Pros

The software includes a number of additional features, including secure email, and the ability to easily and affordably add more. I have used this software now at three different companies. Set up was easy and the help center guidance was very good.

Cons

Set up of folders was a little tedious and slightly cumbersome but was very easy to figure out and add/subtract people as needed.

ShareFile review

Pros

The program has a variety of advantages, such as securely exchanging data between parties and providing a shared drive for different users to exchange paperwork for business services. As a user, it's simple to use and create rights and access controls. Notifications and alerts help consumers stay on top of new information by letting them know when it's accessible.

Cons

Compared to other similar services, this software forces users to save updated versions of files every time they make changes. Several users editing on the same file simultaneously might be annoying if no one's effort overrides the others when saving the file. Also, Citrix doesn't disclose the volume (MB) of any files, but the web browser version provides, but it's less friendly than traversing the shared folder hierarchies with the Citrix addon.

Citrix ShareFile the best

Pros

First, you can specify a period of time during which the applications can delete themselves and this helps in the storage capacity of the device Second, it is easy to give permissions and You can print on discs

Cons

Difficulty paying for subscription and You cannot view your profile if the Internet connection is lost

Sends Securely

Does exactly what we need it to do.

Pros

Sends medical records securely, per local and state laws.

Cons

Often disconnects from Outlook, recipients often find it confusing to use.

filing with citrix

Pros

we used citrix at my previous job, when the system was up and working, it was all good, but as soon as it was down, files were lost

Cons

it could be more consistent, would go down and we had to restart all

ShareFile - Easy to use file sharing and secure data storage app

We used Sharefile to share large files (typically in Gigabytes) with our clients and internally. Earlier, we used emails and FTP for the same which is kind of very tedious task, but with Sharefile sharing large files have become an easy task and saves a lot of time.

Pros

ShareFile is one of the best platforms to share large files with your clients, vendors and even internally within your company. It allows you to organize files in different folders. To share a file, users have to upload the files into the right folder and then the user has options to give access to the files wither via a web-link or you can share an entire folder with a group of people. Files uploaded...

Cons

Sharefile subscriptions come with very different pricing options with varied features. So, if you go with a basic plan you would only get basic features like storage and sharing. Other plans are a little bit costly and include features like Office 365 co-editing, Gmail and Outlook plugins, encryptions, and electronic signatures. The set of features in the Sharefile mobile app is limited and allows only basic functions. Integration with third-party software such as embedded video player, Image viewer can be improved.

Great as a File Storage System

We put Sharefile in place without an IT admin or any IT specialists on hand. A group of four of us tackled the transition from our university's shared drive, handling the data migration and the set up of folder structures. Because of this, I'm sure we didn't have all file storage best practices down pat. I don't know that Citrix provides much in way of recommendations for how to structure the data;...

Pros

Cloud-based and easy to understand web interface is nice. Onboarding and implementation was good and inexpensive. The check-in and check-out file features are nice, as are the abilities to share files with external users. The security and uptime as well as ability to resolve any system-wide outages quickly.

Cons

Some frustrations in features that I was expecting to be more fully fleshed out, such as workflows or ability to work on documents online without the lag of connecting with 365 and handling some of those handovers.

Beta tester turned daily user

I have a long history with Citrix. I beta tested the GoToAssist line of products. So they asked me to beta test the ShareFile product. In the beginning it was crap. I tried to upload my files (about 1 TB) and it croaked after 5 GB. I called support and they referred me to a company that was writing a migration tool. I beta tested that too. they asked for my honest opinion and I gave it to them....

Pros

iOS save to sharefile Easy to use interface progress bar when uploading files MODIFY DOCUMENTS in sharefile share a file/folder for a # of downloads share a file/folder for a # of days download notifications no sharefile account? no problem you can still see my files Ha Ha I FORCE you to create an account, to see me files because I can! (or because my regulations state I have to require individual accounts.)

Cons

Relatively speaking they are coming late to the market, Box and Dropbox have been out a long time. I'm trying to think of some con's but the truth is I know they are improving the software as I type. Oh I though of one. In Microsoft word they don't have "save to sharefile" option like dropbox does, but they do have the "Drive mapper app" so you can save it to Z: or whatever. They don't synchronize with my NAS, it's deliberate. I'm a network engineer I tried all the tricks and workarounds, yes even symbolic links and hard links. They don't work. You're not supposed to do it. They're not trying to be a backup for your NAS.

Easy to Use

Overall, sharefile is a great tool if you need to quickly find a file sharing solution and a way to send files securely vs. sending items through e-mail attachments. The alerting/notification features are also nice so users are reminded when new information is available to download and review. It's great for file sharing, but there may be better options if you intend to perform an entire audit within sharefile as documentation can get voluminous. Sharefile is a great document portal to send files here and there as needed, but it really shouldn't be used as the interface for a working file if multiple users need to access and work within at the same time.

Pros

The software offers alot of benefit in sending files securely between parties, and offering a shared drive between internal and external users to exchange documentation for purposes of performing professional services (audits, tax, consulting, etc.) It's intuitive to use and set permissions and access control as an administrator. Alerts and notification settings are also useful to alert users when information is available.

Cons

Unlike other similar offerings, users can't work in the same files at the same time without causing the system to save new versions of the file. This can be frustrating when multiple users need to access and work on the same file as needed, and no ones work overrides others when trying to save the file. Additionally, it's sometime difficult to tell what folder contain files as Citrix doesnt show the size (MB) of any folders, the web browser version does, but the browser is less user friendly than navigating the shared drive structures through the citrix addon.

I deployed ShareFile on my platform

Pros

ShareFile is easy to use. The Outlook plug-in allows an easy way for customers to send secure files as well as secure emails with a few short clicks. Users are able to create their own folders and we share folders with our clients. There are templates for subfolders as well as retention periods for files. We are able to send attachments beyond Outlook's size limitations and ShareFile helps scan for potentially dangerous content. You can also control what network users access their ShareFile account. There are a lot of options available if you're looking to protect information that leaves your company.

Cons

There can be issues with downloading a lot of files at once from the browser. However; Citrix makes a ShareFile desktop app this helps speed up this process. You can turn two factor on, but you have to have each user go to their account and manually enable it. That makes us work with each user in order to enable two factor. The cost can be expensive, but we had reduced rate. Its well worth looking around for a good deal if you decide to implement ShareFile. A small downside is when a user goes to preview a password protected document, they have to download the file because ShareFile's website cannot prompt you for the password.

The best for cloud file sharing

Overall, ShareFile is very fine software and has help our organization to centralize our data at one place and not depending on the local storage device as we used before.

Pros

ShareFile gives an easy option for files transferring which user only need to upload the files, and then the public link of the file will automatically generated for us and ready to be distributed to the relevant parties. The recipient of the files is not compulsory to register account with the website to start download the file.

Cons

The software is quite slow to show all the files that i have on the cloud storage. It keep loading and takes some time to completely populate all of the files that i own. Sometimes, it just keep loading and i need to refresh the application to fix it.

Turned a file sharing mess into an easy to use hub for our plants.

It cut down the time it took our workers to properly catalogue and upload video records. It also was easier to track down mis-labled records and put them where they needed to be. Having switched all our plants over to Sharefile, we are better able to view and respond to issues promptly. It's ease of use has left us with fewer errors in our documentation.

Pros

The web interface was easy to pick up on. We migrated to Sharefile from another large file sharing site that was falling short in what we needed for our multiple plants. Sharefile gave a central space to the large amount of video files we use for inspections and documentation of various equipment that we own and lease. Having a central space to record and track all inspections was fundamental to our business needs. What impressed me most about Sharefile was the cleanliness of the website and the ease of use that it exemplifies. It took less than an hour to get all our workers on board with the how to use the site and catalog our files.

Cons

The only real down side is with the gross amount of folders we have, you have to wait for the page to populate when you reach the end of the first set. Enabling a manual shortcut (like typing in a folder name to take you to that folder) would be a great benefit.

Great file storage and management that has grown along with our organization

Since jumping on board with ShareFile in 2012, the platform has grown along with our organization and has allowed us to reliably request, store and manage client advertising materials for our publication. It has also helped automate our internal and external communication processes regarding advertising material.

Pros

One of our most-used features of ShareFile is setting up our clients with individual folders to allow them to upload and store their advertising creative. This is similar to FTP, but ShareFile allows us to receive notifications based on upload, download, etc on a per-folder and per-user basis. We also set it up to notify the client when their ad is downloaded by a member of our team, thereby completely automating the ad delivery process for our publication. The other great feature of ShareFile that we use is desktop app synchronization. This allows ads to be curated by our ad manager and delivered to our production team automatically.

Cons

The web interface can be a bit hit or miss at times, and performance can also vary. The desktop sync apps also are a bit sluggish and would benefit from an improvement in responsiveness.

Webhosted Data Storage

Departments did not want to have files hosted locally due to potential server outages as we did not have a great server setup. This was achieved, but with internet outages it makes it difficult to access those files.

Pros

Sharefile at it's most basic a cloud hosted file server instead of hosting one within an office or company. It does allow also the ability to send download links, given the right permissions, for customers to upload or download specific files. Being hosted offsite, it definitely gives an upside for not having to maintain servers or an IT rack within the office.

Cons

If your outside internet connection goes down, then you have no access to your file structure. This happens to if you are a remote person trying to access an office hosted server. The other issue can be bandwidth for uploading/downloading to Sharefile. When we first started using it, it was also very slow and cumbersome, taking several times longer to upload or navigate than a locally hosted server. We also experience at least 1-2 internet downtime events a month, so people cannot access their work for certain periods of time.

Sharefile is a quick easy way to manage, store, host, receive, request, and transmit documents.

This software gives me a peace of mind I couldn't get through many other document repository sites. I suppose the only issue is some of my clients aren't sure how secure transmissions of unencrypted data is via the site.

Pros

I don't ever worry about Sharefile glitching. When my coworker experienced trouble syncing, she told me the support team she called stayed on the phone with her and walked her through everything and waited to make sure the issues resolved. It puts my mind at ease, which is very important when talking about all the documentation for everything I do. My business relies on my documentation. It's great knowing it's also cloud-hosted so I don't have to worry about losing access due to any potential hardware malfunctions.

Cons

I don't have much to say in terms of cons related to Sharefile's service and product. It is so straightforward and user friendly. It's intuitive - my boss was shocked when I had downloaded, synced, and set up the whole company Sharefile on my new device before he got the chance to explain what I needed to do. I attribute that to the intuitive, consistent, helpful design.

Works just as we hoped

Pros

This product was a part of a bundle deal we purchased with Podio. Podio was the original program we went after, but when we realized this would be part of the deal, we were very pleased. Before we had been storing files on everyone dropbox and google drive accounts, and it became tedious to keep up with all of the logins and which account the files were on. Now, all of our cloud files are in one place. It is very easy to share large files with other companies or our field crews through sharefile. It also has an addin for outlook that will automatically generate a link if the attachments in the email are too large (user defined size), which is fantastic. It takes out the guessing game of, hmm....I wonder if this email will go through or not.

Cons

Having used this product for over a year now, at least weekly, I have not had any issues with the software. We did not shop around too much for cloud storage services, however, I cannot speak for certain to the price and features of the competition out there.

Sharing file with ShareFile

Pros

ShareFile goes extra length in protecting and securing files that i sent and shares using this software. The encryption that they add to each files that are sent out giving peace of mind for anyone that using their service, because we know, it will be safe and secure.

Cons

ShareFile is a one purposes software, which is transferring a files but it comes with a extra step to start it working and unnecessary process that it think it can be simplified. Using the basic file transferring tools is free, but to upgrade it to premium account is too expensive.

Easy to work with

Pros

ShareFile offer a quick and straightforward process that help in sending a files or document, with no size limit imposed n the files size. It is the best solution for anyone that need a simple way to moving their files around without having to register an account with the software.

Cons

One of thing that i think that ShareFile need to upgrade is the file upload speed. It is too slow and will taking too much time for a large files thus making me frustrating more when the process get interrupted and had to repeating the same process again.

Sharefile has changed our office flow for the better

We are a billing service with several clients. We use sharefile to keep track and organize what comes in. Since we can create as many folders as needed, we have a “done” folder within each one and once we’ve completed the work we move it to “done”. That way everyone with access can see that we’ve done the work and the history in that folder. It makes a huge difference to our workflow. We no longer need to organize paper or have to scan documents to keep an electronic copy.

Pros

I love how the user access is so detailed. Our Providers can upload their information into their own folders and that they can’t see all of our other providers folders. And they aren’t able to delete anything or move it if I don’t want them to. I like that we always have a record of what got uploaded and when so everyone can see it.

Cons

The site is pretty slow at times, but it could just be the amount of data we have on our dataset. I might be able to clean it up and it would be faster.

Noah's review of Sharefile

Overall, for the price (billed quarterly), it's not bad. They seem to be the most prominent secure file sharing service, and I'm not sure if their competitors are able to offer the same quality of service at a comparable price. For the time being, I would say Sharefile is a safe bet.

Pros

The services provided by Sharefile that I like the most are: A) The "send a link" option for emailing confidential documents to clients. This allows me to quickly upload the documents, copy a link, and paste it into an email, without cluttering the email with a large graphic or anything of that nature. B) The ease in which you can set up notification email forwarding. I like to keep track of what other users are receiving from clients, and Sharefile makes it easy to set up a system where I get email notifications regardless of the user in our firm who is receiving documents.

Cons

I dislike the outlook extension for Sharefile. When inserting files to share into an email using the outlook extension (not the "send a link" option), a large box autogenerates in the body of the email that disrupts the format of the email. I also dislike the fact you have to have purchase a certain "tier" of membership in order to upload folders to clients through Sharefile. Without being able to organize files into folders, the burden of organization falls upon the client.