SmartDraw Reviews

User ratings

4.1

• Likelihood to recommend7.64/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

An inexpensive but fantastic software for both network diagrams and any other business and other needs.

RA

Roberto A.

There are lots of templates to start with, which makes it a lot easier to get started with this software. I like the integration with popular tools such as Trello and Jira.

Steve C.

Your projects are also all saved online, you can access your software and files from any computer with an internet connection.

AM

Adam M.

A program that is incredibly complicated to understand. They attempt to simplify the architecture process but it is miserably complicated and lacks an intuitive interface.

MA

Mike A.

Further, it constantly just stops and closes itself - and dumps all of your work during that session, even if you have been saving.

DM

Diana M.

Weak collaboration features. It is very expensive you asked me.

RM

Rickell M.

SmartDraw users...

How would you rate SmartDraw?

A wonderful software to generate a Process Flow Diagram and others things

great software

Pros

Very well to make Process Flow Diagram which is very important in any industry to manage process and design data.

Cons

Sometimes dows not work very well. You cannot open files between different version, in others words if you make any work at x-version after you cannot open the same file in another version which is a bad aspect because must be compatible between version.

Used the free trial to test operational issues on a restaurant design

Helped us really iron out potential design errors

Pros

Like the options of adding doors, windows, and extra walls and not just a square box to work with. My floor plan highlighted some operational challenges which we possibly would not have identified if we had not really laid the furnishings and equipment out to scale. It resulted in us changing the architect and planning a whole new design to incorporate the services and image we envisage.

Cons

A bit fiddly in getting the scaling right but once that was sorted, it was easy to finish the plan and adjust as needed.

SmartDraw - Review

Very happy with overall experience with smartdraw. So never got the chance to think about an alternative.

Pros

Its an essential tool especially in IT Field to design network topology. Almost everything is there in templates to make the diagram more presentable and selfexplanatory.

Cons

Nothing at the moment as negative. Never changed to any other software for network design drawing.

SmartDraw helped us to remap our warehouse getting a product out much quicker

Pros

We used SmartDraw to reorganize our warehouse. It was quick to drop in wall dimensions, racking, conveyor belts and obstructions like support beams. Everything is pre-rendered and you input the dimensions of your equipment to customize it. It also allows for colors to be added to help in identifying different racking styles or belt types.

Cons

We use the web-version and for the size of our warehouse it can slow the system down and make it difficult for making a quick adjustment to be made. Something simple like moving a row of racking can take several minutes instead of seconds. I used the trial PC version and did not have these issues, so it appears to be a web-only issue.

SmartDraw is a software with potential and it's amazing the plenty of things you can make with this

I take a very good experience with this software, design electric diagrams was very easy with it.

Pros

-The customer support is very efficient -Is user-friendly -It has a lot of functionalities -You can learn how to use it quickly

Cons

-In comparison with others software, this has several disadvantages, especially in terms of esthetic and number of items

When I want to work with flowcharts and creating graphics, this is the best app!!

Pros

It is an unbeatable visual processor that uses complex algorithms to generate various types of graphics. This allows you to create flowcharts, other diagrams, calendars, flowcharts, family trees, architectural plans, maps and other types of graphics to make presentations. It has many templates needed to create items quickly. It also provides export options to other productivity applications including Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel.

Cons

Having a computer with enough processing capacity and memory so that it does not become slow to work in this application because it requires a lot of resources.

This simple tool allows to design powerful diagrams of any nature.

Pros

It offers a user-friendly interface which contains a categorization of diagrams that can be made from this tool. It is as easy as selecting the type of diagram and beginning to build it by embedding the elements or forms that make it up.

Cons

Try to install it and it was very slow download and installation, which I think may also be caused by the quality of Internet service and the potential of the computer you are using.

It gives us the ease of choosing when creating powerful and flexible diagrams that have so many tool

Pros

We help to create diagrams and the color of the sea, the technicians and the professional results. And so you can create immediate maps.

Cons

You can prove the fault for seven days, from then on its use requires an individual license. there are things to improve

Strong tool for creating charts graphs and diagrams

Pros

Strong diagramming tool available as a windows downloadable program or as a cloud based service- really useful smart panel feature and good selection of templates and presets.

Cons

Could have benefited from exporting in Visio format and not as competitively priced as some other options

Difficult for an novice to use

SmartDraw was difficult for me to use and I finally gave up the bathroom design I was working on. I will try another design program.

Pros

I really didn't like the program and found it difficult to use. As a novice, I could not design a bathroom with this program. It may not be a bad program, it was just difficult for me.

Cons

Difficult to understand and use. After an hour I was defeated in my design and just gave up. Not for a novice designer.

A great alternative to MS Visio and other "flowchart apps"

Pros

I have used this product with several customers migrating from the old ISO9000:2008 to the process approach in the new ISO9000:2015.

Cons

Awkward use of cloud storage versus desktop storage. File folders are not obvious in the new version.

SmartDraw Review

Overall, it does everything you need it to do and it is easy to use.

Pros

My company asked me to try the software as an alternative to Viso. It's simple to use and easy to export files. It has a lot functionality. I like the ability to create everything from mindmaps to flowcharts. You can customize the color and input dimensions if needed as well.

Cons

It does seem to slow down my laptop when I'm using it. I don't know if this is the software itself or if this is a result of older technology but it does consume a lot of resources.

Great program to help me offer the unexpected services.

I use SmartDraw to prepare various flowcharts for my training sessions; check lists for processes; use for experiments of room flow for work space placement.

Pros

Easy to use, well documented help tutorial.

Cons

I would like a print preview screen. .

Good alternative to Visio

Pros

This is the best alternative to Visio I tried. Very easy to pickup and get started with. Very 'light' and fast to work with.

Cons

Wasn't good enough to get me to drop Visio, which to me is still slightly better. I found the licensing hard to manage with multiple users in my office.

Good cheaper alternative to Microsoft Visio

Quickly create professional quality diagrams.

Pros

Very affordable compared to Visio and if needed you can even export into Visio which is cool. You can create complex flowchart across most Operating Systems either from the desktop application or through the web browser. Very user friendly to not much holding new users from getting started quickly.

Cons

Finicky when trying to be very precise where you want even with snap-to grids can be a problem. Also can be a resource hog on both the desktop and browser version.

Solid flowchart tool

Pros

SmartDraw is a solid flowchart tool with several templates to work with. One of my favorite features is that you can import Visio files, which is pretty handy for us. The user interface is clean and it is easy to use.

Cons

Once you put objects down, it's not quite as easy to manipulate it as I'd want, but ultimately it gets the job done.

Incredible tool that allows you to easily create a variety of flow diagram designs.

Pros

Easy to use, it has a great variety of modes and modeling adapting to any type of objective that we want to define or design. Concept maps can be made. You can create all kinds of graphics that you can then use in your presentations by exporting to PowerPoint. It has 70 types of visualizations / diagrams, examples and templates

Cons

It consumes abundant resources, its installation is very slow and it is very complex so you need to know it to be able to use.

Way overpriced

nice product, super high price.

Pros

Great software easy to use. Has both online and desktop available.

Cons

Price ends up being far more expensive than visio with very little reason to chose it over the industry standard. If you only need a solution for one month its great. long term this is far more expensive than visio.

Diagrams and Flowcharts made easy

Pros

SmartDraw gives us the ability to create custom workflow charts for various processes in our business. It is easy to use without being a graphics disign person. I like that it design library has an adequate amount of shapes and symbols for our processes.

Cons

I have problems making changes or additions to charts at times when I started with free trial. Had to buy individual license before i was able to finish learning to use.

Excellent software with easy to use templates to realize my projects.

I have easily used this software, I have created plans and diagrams for my work without problems.

Pros

It is a much easier to use design software than others, has excellent templates with shapes and symbols to make flowcharts, bar charts and graphs, and allows you to make custom templates, is excellent software for making plans without the need for an architect.

Cons

The software is a bit heavy and installation is slow. I think it's very expensive.

Used for Circuit Schematics

Pros

It is easy to use, and creates wiring diagrams easily

Cons

Can be very clunky. Lines attached to other objects can randomly jump all over the place if you try and change the layout.

Thank for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback. I will pass your review along to our development team. If there is any way we can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. United States: 800-768-3729 Outside of the US: +1 858 225 3300 Email: support@smartdraw.com -Chris

SmartDraw

Not the best drawing software on the market but decent for simple work

Pros

SmartDraw is straightforward and easy to learn.

Cons

Advertised as free but is only a free trial. Functionality is limited to simple drawings

Handy Software Tool but Overpriced

Flow charts, business planning, event and room designs

Pros

very intuitive; basically like using Office Suite

Cons

it's quite expensive for what it is. It is not available through any sites which offer reduced purchase fees for non-profits

Good option

good

Pros

Complete can be elaborated simple and complex flows has greater scope that allows to make multiple forms

Cons

a high cost but the trial option allows you to see its benefits

Hi Raul, Thank you for the positive feedback. If we can be of help in any way, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. International: +1 858 225 3300 US: 800-768-3729 / 858-225-3300 email: support@smartdraw.com -Chris

Exactly what I was looking for

As an HR professional, I wanted a tool to create organizational charts that made good looking charts and was easy to use. It has a small learning curve, but after that I was able to create org charts easily. I then started using it for flow charts which is just as easy.