Visme Reviews

Visme

The all-in-one online presentation, infographic tool

4.5/5 (433 reviews)

Pros
  • I wish I had call to use it more often - it's fun to use, without little to know training you can create some really amazing content from sharepoint graphics to training presentations.Scott L.Read the full review
  • Easy to use and understadable. You have the most important things and IT has great templates.Bård Egil T.Read the full review
  • Additionally, the layouts are visually appealing and professional-looking. This software is perfect for making business presentations that can wow audiences and make a lasting impact on viewers.Ayesha A.Read the full review
Cons
  • I have only two problems with the software and it has not stopped me from using it but it causes me a lot of frustration and time wasting, which is never what somebody wants.David H.Read the full review
  • It can be very frustrating to change fonts or anything when you have more than 10 slides.Abeni W.Read the full review
  • But once you go through your first presentation you realize how straightforward and "drag and drop it is.Christa S.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Casey Dupuis

Perfect for any graphic design experience level - even complete beginners!

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-10-14

I am a volunteer for a non-profit animal rescue organization. We had a very successful past year and had been looking for a way to visually show all of the data from it, but didn't quite know how. Before working with Visme, we had no idea how beneficial it would be to have this data visually represented in a beautiful infographic. The results were eye-catching, easy to read/interpret and perfect to share on both social media and in print. We were able to take a closer look at our metrics and determine specific data we should be keeping track of- and we will be able to use these findings as a benchmark for years to come. Thank you Visme, for providing a tool to not only create an aesthetically pleasing infographic, but a tool that opened our eyes to our own various analytics that we can monitor and share with our supporters.

Pros
Visme is very easy to use, even for someone with no graphic design/technical experience. I created a stunning infographic to display all of my organization's "year in review statistics" without any frustration or confusion. I was able to create a proof of the design and export it to a JPEG file for review. When layout/aesthetic decisions were finalized, I purchased a membership to have access to down a PDF version of the design. I ended up sending the same PDF file to a local print shop where it was printed on a 24x36 foam board - which still appeared in the highest quality that was displayed in my browser. You can't have a high quality print without a high quality file to print from. The first of many great experiences!

Cons
Although it was nice to be able to size the canvas based on a ratio of pixels, it would have been nice to have an additional or alternative a way to size the canvas based on inches/centimeters for easy printing. If there is in fact already a way to do this, I would recommend having the options associated with the 'canvas size' feature.

Mercédesz Dani

More than just presentations

Reviewed 2019-10-07

We've started using Visme purely for presentation purposes but quickly realized that the potential it has can be leveraged across multiple business problems. Now we create one-pagers, brochures and other marketing material with it.

Pros
Visme comes with a bunch of ready-to-use templates, smart icons and the like. It takes considerably less time to create a visualization when compared to any other tools. The other perk is the "My Brand" feature, which allows the whole team to use the same corporate identity package.

Cons
I'd say the only difficulty I've encountered in the beginning was with the placement of the objects. What really helps is the functionality to place your items based on their relative pixel location however I'm yet to find a quick way to put my items to the perfect spot.

Ametra Rayford

Tried Something New and Enjoyed It

Reviewed 2020-04-11

The learning curve for Visme is very simple, especially because of all the helpful tutorial videos on the site. Just looking at Visme itself might seem intimidating for some, but those tutorials did a remarkable job of making me feel at ease and making me want to dive right in. From a business standpoint, Visme is great.

Pros
The first thing that impressed me was the ease of use with Visme, and I was hooked right away on the video tutorials, which are short and to the point. With as busy as I have been and continue to be, I really don’t have the time or attention span to watch long videos. Just get me in and let me tinker. The library of templates is vast from quizzes to marketing plans and presentations. All of those, and more, combine to go a long way toward supplementing a business of any size, including those run by people like me who are their own Marketing and Networking departments. There is much more to Visme than assistance in the creation of ads. You can make graphs and charts, printables such as flyers, and you can publish survey results – for those of you who like that sort of thing. The layout is very clean, catches the eye, and I didn’t get fatigued by going through pages of what’s available. I enjoyed looking around and tinkering with Visme a lot.

Cons
While this isn't necessarily a bad thing, I do feel that Visme is very business-oriented and maybe doesn't have the flexibility to just be creative for fun projects. I felt much like Visme is perfect for presentations, portfolios and the like. If I want to put that business foot forward, Visme is it. But, if I want to relax and be silly, making something fun...I wasn't so sure.

Mark Hattersley

Not what it seems

Reviewed 2020-05-05

I was sold on the ability to make an interactive infographic that animates as users scroll (parallax animations). I signed up for the free trial that showed this functionality > bought the membership > spent the best part of a week designing the infographic > then found out it was a waste of time. It took days of back and forth with their customer support to find out this functionality actually does not exist outside of the platform. You cannot export what you've designed onto your website with that parallax animation. Very non-transparent; waste of time and money.

Pros
- Easy-to-use design functionality. - But....

Cons
- If you want to make an interactive infographic, you're out of luck. You can create one but there's no option to put it on your website so it animates as you scroll. - The customer support is poor (one-word answers on live chat).

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Isabela Dominguez

My experience on Visme

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2020-02-07

I'm working on an slide presentation for a specific foundation where I am currently doing my student internship, and thanks to its tutorials I can make my slide presentation to be interactive by having pop ups or by skipping to different slides (with a click or by hover). It also gives you the possibility to add media (videos) on it. Besides of that, even if I can't use the premium templates, by looking at them, it can give me some ideas on how to decorate every slide.

Pros
Definitely I really enjoy the diversity that Visme gives you when it comes to present your project, whether is a slide presentation, timeline, brochure, or any other form, you'll find tons of different ideas along with templates to experiment. They even give you themes such as: Nature, Birthday, Business, and much more. Not only you'll find nice template designs whatever your need is, but also you'll find many types tutorials to make your experience easier. If you have any type of doubt, you can contact the Visme Support Team and they'll email you in a short amount of time. So far, I'm overall happy with the experience.

Cons
Okay, here may sound a bit contradictory to what I wrote above, but yes, one of the advantages of Visme is the diversity you'll find on the platform BUT is also one of the problems. Here my out: As a member of Visme, you'll some cool design templates with different themes (whether is a slide, brochure, infography, timeline etc), however, the majority of the coolest design templates are only for Premium members, in which obviously you'll have to pay. In my case, since I'm still a student, I can't afford the Premium advantages. That's the only disadvantage I could think of. It would be a nice touch to give more template designs for the non-premium users. Also, it's a shame the platform doesn't let me upload a video directly from the computer, because it takes time to create an Youtube or Video account and then uploading videos on it.

Allen Hou

Very user friendly

Reviewed 2019-10-08

Used this for a few presentations and creating a one-pager. Generally pretty easy to use and people are amazed by the quality/graphics of some of the templates.

Pros
Probably the easiest SAS presentation software I've used. The user interface is intuitive and allows you to click+drag to create pretty professional looking graphics and presentations. Very convenient to use especially how it allows you to save and access your presentations from anywhere. It also allows you to access thousands of images to use for your presentation.

Cons
This is probably an issue with all other SAS which requires a constant internet connection to use. Slightly annoying making small/minor changes quickly since you gotta find internet -->log in -> make change-> save-> re-export as your powerpoint presentation, etc... Specifically, the visme presentations can't be modified in a MS powerpoint presentation and cant be modified offline. It exports as a graphic/single image in powerpoint so it forces you to only use visme to modify your presentation. Requires online connection and sometimes it lags when you're working on your browser if you have a slow connection. Charges you in USD so it sucks for you Canadians out there.

Mohamed Kamal

My experience with Visme

Reviewed 2019-10-09

I was trying to represent my fieldwork questionnaire data analysis using something more creative than excel. I also wanted to easily add small icons and play around with the overall structure in a way similar to PowerPoint but not for the sake of a slide. If you are going to use Visme for more than 2/3 days and need decent graphs out of it, I highly recommend you buy the monthly subscription which you can cancel after as the perks were really good !

Pros
The ease of creating multivariate data representations and being able to make boring data look appealing

Cons
I didn’t face any major issues with the software. The only thing I have to say is that Visme still has a lot of potential

Carolyn Shanesy

Love Visme

Reviewed 2019-10-15

Again, I'm not a graphic designer, but it makes me look like one. I've been able to create graphics, presentations and social media posts that look professional and are clear and easy to understand.

Pros
It is so user-friendly! I'm not a graphic designer but it makes me look like I am!

Cons
I found creating tables and charts to be very cumbersome but talked with a Visme team member and they were able to walk me through linking Google docs.

Adam Graczyk

Visme- Your Permanent Solution to boring PowerPoint slides

Reviewed 2019-10-03

Overall, it's excellent and easy to use. Some clunkyness that I specified above makes creating a slideshow take a bit of time compared to using software like PowerPoint, but you can't argue with the results. The slides are infinitely better than anything you can do with PowerPoint.

Pros
The crispness and simplicity of the final slides.

Cons
A few tweaks would make this software better. Being able to paste images onto slides would be great. Also, when you want to change text, you can't just highlight all the text and start typing or backspace it and start typing because it will change the font and format. So, I have to highlight all of the text except one letter, and then backspace the last letter once, and then I can type and keep the same formatting. It's pretty aggravating and slows things down. I also don't really like how the default import image drops into the background, so I end up dragging another photo onto the canvas, which I then replace with the image that I want to use. Finally, if I create an infographic within Visme, I don't think there is a way for me to import it into my presentation, which would be really useful.

Christa Sak

Changed how we conduct presentations

Reviewed 2019-10-03

Pros
Visme is incredibly easy to use! It has changed the way we conduct presentations, in a more efficient, more professional and more visually interesting way to our clients. No longer are clients leaving with boring printed presentations, instead they are interactive, and can be emailed to the client after for their keep sake

Cons
at first, because there are soo many incredible features I was a touch overwhelmed with what the program can do. But once you go through your first presentation you realize how straightforward and "drag and drop it is". We love that it has the ability to be 100 % customized to each client

David Hall

Does Visme has me in mind?

Reviewed 2019-10-09

Overall my experience with Visme is very positive, interactions with customers and the presentations is really positive. I just think from a presentation developer side, the two cons of Visme need to be addressed so Visme can stand out from every other data presentation and visualisation tool within the market.

Pros
The software itself has been built with the user in mind. Pros: 1. A vast base of free stock images which can be used for business. 2. A range of various templates and stock graphics. 3. Very simple interaction interface. 4.Being able to create and use your company's branding styles. 5. Presentation downloading is simple and easy.

Cons
I have only two problems with the software and it has not stopped me from using it but it causes me a lot of frustration and time wasting, which is never what somebody wants. 1. You are only able to show videos from a YouTube link. Why this is frustrating is if myself and others use sensitive information which can only be given to selective individuals, even if we unlist, unpublish videos on YouTube when it is visible within the presentation the YouTube link is visible and clickable. Visme restricts the amount of storage an account can have so ideally if the user was to fill this account with MP4 which they want to use, to keep using the software they would need to upgrade which is what they are most likely to do. Which in turn gets more revenue for Visme. 2. I think one of the most common and new interactive forms of giving information is Gifs, i think Visme need to create something within the system that allows the user to either create a very simple Gif and have stock Gifs available.

Rodney Hightower, Jr.

Big Big fan of Visme!

Reviewed 2019-10-14

Pros
It's user-friendly and the quality of the images and everything looks fantastic! We've used it for all kinds of projects from presentations, printable training packets, logo design, infographics, and several others as well. The CX experience has been the best part! The team at Visme is on top of their customer service and always​ very helpful. I also would​ say the price point​ is more than fair considering everything that can be accomplished​ through Visme.

Cons
The learning curve has been tough for me. I have zero experience with anything graphic design related so that is to be expected. With is being web-based I feel like sometimes I experience latency when moving from project to project. However, ​more than likely​ is an internet connection speed on our end.

daniel nieto

The best substitution for boring pptx

Reviewed 2019-10-08

I used to have boring pptx presentations. With normal transitions, normal predetermined colors and images. I think that with visme i was able to transform them into a more serious yet fun way to give classes. But it doesnt end there. I was able to create programs, presentations, banners all fully digitalized, downloadable easy to look at that have gotten the attetion of everybody, always asking "where did you do that". Absolutely recomended for any one, no only teacher, universsity, but students that would like to elevate their presentation game

Pros
Its really easy to use. I like how its able to categorize different applications including written, printable and even social networking. I ve used it to creat linked in banners, universitiy presentations, written reports and beyond. The main page is easy to use, the value of the product is completely worth it, and my students have noticed how presentable and neat my presentations are (even asking how to get the program) fully recomended

Cons
The free version has really little space to make your work flow seemlesly. This said, paying for the academic version is really cheap and totally worth the money.

Susan Good

I LOVE VISME!!! I can use one program for so many things!

Reviewed 2018-07-13

I save so much time using Visme. It makes graphic design easy, and makes me look so good. It's SO SIMPLE!!

Pros
I love how EASY it is to do almost anything! I use it almost everyday for website graphics, emails, print. I used to jump around from program to program but now I do a majority of my design work in Visme. You don't need to know any other graphic programs to use Visme, it's for everyone. I love showing people in the office how they can look like a design professional in a matter of minutes. If you have any experience with Paint, Photoshop, Illustrator, you won't even have to read instructions, it's so intuitive.

Cons
There isn't much I don't like, except I wish we could store more projects. 15 isn't enough. I would also like to download my own fonts in the standard package, I think that's important for all levels. You can't do branding without consistent fonts. Maybe allowing up to 5 fonts for the standard package? That's all I really need.

Kerrie Norman

First time with Visme

Reviewed 2019-10-03

We have really been able to update our marketing materials from what he had previously. I love the choices of different choices and ideas for materials that Visme has created. I would love to see more options added and when new options are added, that users get notifications either within the software and/or by email notification. I would love to see the option for more graphics that maybe are not so juvenile in nature so they have a more professional feel to them.

Pros
I like the ease of use of the software and all of the options that Visme already has in place to give me ideas of what I can do with the software. I like that using the software is not overly complicated and allows me the flexibility to make my projects my own.

Cons
I don't like that when you try and put projects in folders, they still show in the main dashboard. I wish we had the option to place in a folder and also keep it in the dashboard or remove it. I wish that we would have the ability to download/upload in more formatting options than what is available currently. Sometimes I do need to reduce the picture size prior to uploading in the software which is kind of a time waster, but not a big deal.

Jason Stevens

Visme review

Reviewed 2019-10-09

Visme is great for creating almost any type of graphic product one can imgaine, everything from creating printable restaurent menus to social media covers, to ebooks and white papers, its all inclusive. This product hs enabled me to create infographics and other graphic media examples in very little time. This has also allowed me to greatly increase my productivity on my blog, my YouTube channel and with communicating effectively with my clientele on social media.

Pros
First of all, the above average contact from the CEO, the Customer Experience manage and two other members of staff. Email exchange and one conference call makes for an exceptional customer experience. The software itself is easy to use, laid out well and very intuitive. The help system including their blog, videos and associated YouTube channel easy to access as well. Pricing is surprising lower than industry expections (my opinion) and an associated access to being an Affiliate member is cream on the cake

Cons
My only least liked feature is the main button system and fonts for using the platform differs between the home page and the sub pages (as in selecting a project to create) Otherwise difficult to suggest any other issues.

Anonymous

Create your Presentation with a modern touch with Visme

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-11-14

My overall experience with Visme was great. I was fascinated by how good the presentation templates look and how well presentations can be designed with the use of this tool. However, as I used the free version I was not able to get my presentations as .ppt files which was slightly inconvenient to me.

Pros
Visme is a web-based Presentation and Infographic tool. What I liked the most is that Visme has some great looking, modern templates that can be used to create amazing presentations. This vast template library makes the process of making a slideshow very interesting rather than making one with a conventional tool like Google Slides or Microsoft PowerPoint. The modern look on these templates is fascinating. Moreover, there are a lot of icons, shapes and logos to be chosen to include in your presentation. Furthermore, smooth and modern animations can also be included in the presentation.

Cons
There are few cons in this tool as well. The free version gives only a small amount of icons, shapes and templates to be used in your presentations. Also, the free version doesn't allow the user to download a presentation in PDF format or .ppt format. Free version only allows the users to download the presentation as a bunch of JPEG files which is a huge drawback (not applicable for Premium/paid version). So in free version, if you want all the fancy animations and effects to be on your presentation you should connect to the internet and present the slideshow via the website.

Thomas Minor

Overall, very satisfied!

Reviewed 2019-10-03

Overall, I'm very glad I found this site! It's been a huge help in making an impression! I'm also glad I was convinced to take the demo with my visme agent. However, I will say: She was very nice and all, but I don't like being followed up with that much. I think she must have messaged me (unprovoked) 8-10 times over like 3 weeks to encourage upgrades, etc. (2 for the demo, and one follow up is plenty). Believe me, visme is great enough to help me consider and requiring her to do these numerous pushy emails is totally unnecessary and hurts the cause more than helps. Also, you all should have a suggestions box because I have a suggestion/request that has nothing to do with satisfaction. Have you all at visme considered doing an email marketing service? We are currently using something called Icontact (heavily), and tried mailchimp and hated it, and I feel like with visme's interface, email marketing would be amazing! You guys are practically halfway there with your marketing tools and data analytics! Just a thought.

Pros
I love that I can easily use visme to make marketing materials of all sorts that look very professional and visually stunning. I like being about to customize everything down to the shapes/colors of icons. I also Like that you can implement data with awesome info graphics! I could go on and on.

Cons
To be honest, the interface can be a little difficult sometimes. Visme has the BEST version of this, no doubt, but it's not perfect. I feel like there are small things that could use work. For example, the size scaling of things tends to be pretty inconsistent. For some images you and make it whatever size or wxh dimensions, and some you cannot.(sometimes the things I want to stay the same dimensions, like icons or tiny circles, get skewed easily). For the data implementation I feel like the input is weird sometimes. I'm used to working with word, and visme switched column and row displays. That's all I can think of for now.

Abeni Wickham

Pretty Good Service

Reviewed 2019-10-09

I will continue to use Visme but would really like the processing to change. It can be very frustrating to change fonts or anything when you have more than 10 slides.

Pros
Love the quality of the resources and the slides. Also, images are good and the data visualisation is good enough​. Happy with the embedding tools. The user​ interface is easy to understand for a novice.

Cons
When you have large files(more than 10 slides), it takes too long to update each change you make in the slide. Changing fonts is also really time-consuming​.

Andrew Steer

Great Software for building infographics

Reviewed 2019-10-08

I used Visme to build my online portfolio of infographics to assist me during the interview process while i searched for a new role Visme was great and helped me land a new Director of Communications role at a company that needs more visual communications. I will be recommending that my new employees get up to speed and use visme.

Pros
I found the software intuitive and feature rich. I was able to easily import individual elements I had created in illustrator and have them appear and get arranged exactly as I had imagined. The templates provided are strong as well and I could easily apply my own branding. I also found it very easy to make them interactive.

Cons
I think that the presentation builder (ie slide shows) could allow more flexibility. right now, you need to create individual duplicated slides with an element or 2 added or removed to simulate a slide

Jay Bennett

Great for most projects

Reviewed 2019-10-16

Pros
The presentations I made looked great and it was easy to use.

Cons
I had originally chosen Visme for the Google Sheets compatibility, but it turns out it's not as good at accessing that information as you'd hope it would be. You can only have one chart per spreadsheet, so if you have multiple sheets you'd like to import into your Visme project, you would have to create a separate spreadsheet for each one.

Stephanie Berchiolly

love, Love, LOVE me some Visme!

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-06-28

Pros
The ease of creating great looking interactive infographics just blew me away. I was always intimidated by creating infographics, but was able to whip up an html5 version lickety split, first try. Their library is expansive. A vast amount of great templates which they seem to update pretty frequently. When you create a new project you can choose between: Presentations - Choose between Classic (400 + slide templates) or Modern (400+ slide templates) Infographics - Where you can search hundreds of templates by keywords to find the perfect, completely customizable template Reports & Ebooks - Includes Surveys and Charts subcategories Printables - Choose Posters, Flyers (8.5"x11" and 5"x7"), Menus, Invitations, Postcards, Business Cards Web Graphics - Sizes range from standard, wide, tall, medium rectangles, leaderboards, and email headers Social Graphics - For all the main social media platforms organized by headers, posts, regular graphics, channel art, and covers Custom Size - Where you create your own graphic based on width and height of your choice

Cons
I don't think they have a version available for tablets and smartphones yet. I would LOVE to be able to use this on my tablet to create graphics on the fly! Sometimes the template choices can be overwhelming. But, I can safely say that I'd rather have too many choices than not enough!

Tyler Loechner

Visme's software makes creating graphics, images, and infographics very easy.

Reviewed 2018-06-28

Pros
The ability to pull from a large number of icons and images; the ability to work from pre-made templates and "make them my own"; the auto-save functionality; the ability to create my own color palettes; the ability to download as a PDF or image and to have the option of directly embedding into a page; if I do have an image/graphic embedded on a page, I love having the ability to edit on Visme's site and have the changes immediately be reflected on my website without having to download anything new or update any other code

Cons
It sometimes signs me out while I'm in the middle of a project; I wish there were more pre-made templates it would be cool to have some new ones continually added; oftentimes the "settings" menu doesn't disappear after I click it, and I have to refresh the whole page just to get it to go away; I really don't like that I can't right-click a project to open it in a new tab ... if I have multiple projects in a folder that I need to work on simultaneously, I have to open up my own new tabs (for each project), go into the folder, and open it that way the experience would be much improved if right-clicking opened up the project in a new tab.

Anonymous

Great visual storytelling tool

Reviewed 2018-10-04

Great experience, completely changed how we report things internally (no more cumbersome PowerPoints or visually unappealing excel graphs).

Pros
Affordable, and premium offers a lot more features, options, and templates. Tons of templates and forms of graphic assets to choose from. Video at the beginning of each new project is easily searchable to learn how to use a new feature, but the tool itself is intuitive. Premium also allows for brand pallets with new default colors and fonts for a unified theme. Great alternative to illustrator for far less money and for users will little design experience. Love the feature to upload excel doc and output is a visually appealing graph or chart that’s customizable.

Cons
Doesn’t allow you to copy and paste things into visme from another tool or document. Would be nice if some of the tools on the toolbar were labeled, it’s odd to locate the duplicate and delete button because it’s not in a easily accessible place. Wish the PowerPoint presentation templates came in a size other than widescreen.

Response from Visme

Thank you for the review and your comments. We will certainly take your recommendations on improvements into consideration.

Matt Tolbert

Infographics made easy!

Reviewed 2018-09-05

It's a great product and well worth the time and money if you want some unique and functional ways to present content to a wide audience.

Pros
The thing I like most about this software is the variety of high quality infographic templates. Infographics are tough to make in general (with gathering content) so the design sometimes gets left aside. Visme gives plenty of opportunities and designs to present your content in unique ways.

Cons
The design software is a bit clunky on the zooming in/out and the use of layers, fine-tuning, and other options. Also, I have all of my projects visible on the main page and it can be hard to find what I'm looking for. I'd like the option to hide all of my designs in a folder once I've finished with them.

Response from Visme

Thank you for your comments Matt. We appreciate your constructive feedback and this helps us to improve the Visme experience.
It would be wonderful if you could provide more details such as a short screenshot and steps to duplicate your zooming issue so we can have our dev team investigate this further for you.